A Historical Tour of MGC
We are pleased to launch the first installment of A History Tour of MGC beginning with this month’s edition of our newsletter. We will share insights and anecdotes covering our Course, Membership, Clubhouse and Championships pulling from multiple published resources, including Rick Schefchik’s History of MGC, as well as notes from our archives dating back to our beginning. This month we will start with the architects and the course from Mr. Schefchik’s publication. Please click on the below link to view (Please note this link is a mini flipbook): https://issuu.com/mgclub/docs/rj_flip?fr=sNzdmODQ3NDkxMTk In addition to this issue’s story on the architects, we are also pleased to provide this excellent visual collection of maps and aerial views of MGC from the 1930’s to 2015. It will start with the simple design of Willie Park Jr.’s original layout and Donald Ross’s initial design discovered in the Ross Tuft’s Library. This design has many of Ross’s characteristic features including “fore bunkers” which were placed at the beginning of some fairways to catch errant tee shots as well as provide dramatic visuals to the start of a hole like what you will find with the new bunker on 18.