what’s on © TM
The colors red, white, and blue dominate the interior of the English Gardener Gift Shop at its new location: 125 Kings Hwy E, Haddonfield (just around the corner from its former spot on Mechanic Street). Irish eyes will spot plenty of green and orange as well. Open 7 days.
The NewsCalendar of Coming Events • June 26 to July 10, 2009 • C168 / T081
What’s Inside The Week at a Glance
• Collingswood Jun 26 to Jul 3 6 Jul 3 to Jul 10 8 • Haddon Township Jun 26 to Jul 3 18 Jul 3 to Jul 10 20
• Health & Fitness 16 • Home & Garden 11
• Community Directory 24 • Business Directory 27 Notices 26
What’s Next In July and August, we will publish four issues of a combined newscalendar, titled What’s On: The Summer. Copies will be available – free – at more than 300 locations in Haddonfield, Collingswood, Haddon Township, and Haddon Heights.
• Friday, Jul 3 Friday, Jun 26 • Friday Jul 17 Friday, Jul 10 • Friday, Jul 31 Friday, Jul 24 • Friday, Aug 14 Friday, Aug 7 _________________________
Sparks will fly for the Fourth of July! u Collingswood
u Haddon Township
The Fourth of July promises to be a blast! This year the annual Bike Parade in Knight Park (Grant Ave entrance) will kick-off the festivities on Sat Jul 4. Registration is at 9:30am by the park gazebo. The parade will begin at 10am. Prizes will be awarded for the most creative decorating in each age group. For information about the event, sponsored by the Junior Women’s Club, contact Kate Jenne at 854-9578. The parade will be held light rain or shine!
Start your Independence Day off with a bang! The Board of Commissioners and 1st Colonial Bank will sponsor a dramatic fireworks display on Fri Jul 3. The festivities will begin at 7pm in the High School Stadium with music group High Fidelity playing rock and roll classics from the 60’s to today. Admission is free and refreshments will be sold. The annual Independence Day Parade will be held on Sat Jul 4 starting at 11:30am.
continued on page 4 >
continued on page 4 >
NewsCalendar is a servicemark of Community News Network, Inc.
What’s on the Menu
6 Haddon Avenue S Haddonfield NJ 08033 856-428-3399 – phone 856-428-7695 – fax email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Community News Network, Inc.
BELLMAWR NJ PERMIT 58
US POSTAGE PAID
PRE-SORTED STANDARD MAIL
Looking for authentic Italian cuisine that’s also affordable? Look no further than CASA DiLUZIO. Chef Guiseppe DiLuzio has a special dish that never fails to get rave reviews from discriminating diners. It’s a grilled veal chop, sauteed and served with shallots and fresh red roasted peppers. The perfect appetizer? A mixed green salad with cucumber and tomato. The perfect wine? Gaio, a “well-structured, full-bodied” red from Sicily. CASA DiLUZIO RISTORANTE & BAR is located at 301 White Horse Pike in Oaklyn (on the Collingswood border). Open for lunch T to F 11:30 to 4; dinner Tue to Thu 4 to 10, Fri to Sat 4 to 11, and Sun 4 to 10. 856-833-1900.
WHAT’S ON • Collingswood & Haddon Township
#C168/T081 • June 26 to July 10, 2009
Congratulations to Haddon Township High School Class of 2009! Christopher Thomas Abbate Matthew Alexander Abbate Katrina Marie Agogino Katina Emelia Anthony Anna Mia Rowen Arsenault Russell Joseph Barbee Paul Vincent Bekier Jessica Chy Paula Bernhardt Peter Miles Bernosky Kevin Eugene Bjornson Caitlin Elizabeth Bohley Julianne Marie Bohley Lacey Elizabeth Bouchard Kellen Marie Burke Heather Nycole Campbell Gianfranco Canni Zachary Capner Kyle Cerone Melissa Rose Charlton Theo Chimes Kevin Michael Christman Douglas Bryant Cimino Brendan Jay Connor Ethan S. Conto Frank Stephen Coppola Bryan Anthony Crognale Brian Crowthers Tyler Mitchell Cunningham Gabrielle Anne Cutler Tyler Joseph Czubas Ian Matthew Danik Patrick Joseph Davey Antwon Davis Jennifer Nicole DeRitis Zachary Ryan DeRitis Suvajit Dey Kevin DeYoung Andrew Diamantoukos Vincent Phillip DiAngelo Zachary Dickinson Joseph John DiMarco Michael Jason Dinerman
Victoria Lynne Diodato Patrick Sheehan Domin Amanda Edmondson Mark Patrick Eife Joshua Thomas Ely Nathaniel Engel Joseph Francis B. Escobar James Richard Eubank Emily Elizabeth Fendya Devanie Anne Ferry Christopher Finizio Peter Joseph Fisher Jessica Lee Flinn Alyssa Renee Ginesi Sara Glover Alexander Stephen Hamill Rebecca Leigh Hamlin Alisha Lynnell Harris Brittany Cassandra Harris Kyle Timothy Harris Nicole Lee Harter Joshua James Hatfield Robert Antone Hawkins Jr. Benjamin Walter Heritage Courtney Holloway Shane Lloyd Howard Christopher Joseph Hubler Colin James Humphreys Lina Husienzad Christina Jackson Jennifer Lynn Jakimiak Shawn Russell Johnson Jeremy Juckett Eliza Anne Kobsar Michael Andrew Kozak Erica Marie Kraus Richard Nicola Lanci Ashley Katherine Landgraf Jennifer Anne Lanneaux Laura Ann Lincoln Luke Micheal Linden Ian Charles Lindsay
Kelly Lee Linstrom Claudia Louise Loeber Maxwell Stephen Loper Jasmine Alexandria Lopez Samantha Jean Nicole MacGlaughlin Seth Thomas Michael MacGlaughlin Zachary Edward Owen MacGlaughlin David John Madden Christopher James Mahon Jared Thomas Maley Alyssa Claire Mallgrave Melissa Ann Marr Dallas Patrick Massey Chelsea Elaine McAllister Alexa Irene McCann Tyler Jeffrey McCartney Madeleine Jane McComb Courtney McGee Stephen Gerald McGovern Shannon Marie McNamara Brian Edwin McQuilkin Justin Robert McQuilkin Alec McVey Tyler James Meany Matthew John Medes Zachary Nello Mercoli Sarah Rebecca Merschen Scott Alexander Miller Sean Michael Moore Thomas William Moore Michael Moser Kevin Cullinan Mulroy Kevin Wayne Munz John Raymond Nary Chad Michael Nelson Kevin Andrew Nelson Dominick John Nero Andrew Patrick Noon Julia O’Hara Matthew Dennis O’Malley Sarah Brianna O’Mara Kristine Nicole Oriente
ADVERTISERS: Call 856-428-3399 NOW for details!
◆ What’s On: The Summer
• Available at 300+ pick-up locations in Haddonfield, Collingswood, Haddon Township, and Haddon Heights, with bonus distribution at: • PATCO Stations in Haddonfield, Westmont, Collingswood. • Farmers’ Markets in Haddonfield, Westmont, Collingswood. • Crafts & Fine Art Festivals in Haddonfield, Collingswood.
◆ Deadlines/Publication Dates • Friday, June 26 for Friday, July 3 • Friday, July 10 for Friday, July 17 • Friday, July 24 for Friday, July 31 • Friday, August 7 for Friday, August 14
A DISCOD UN up to TS 25%!
Alexander Satoshi Ose Kevin Lee Oxley Demi Alexandra Paglione Demetrios Alexander Papaioannou Andrew Ryan Penney Gregory Edward Penney Jr. Christie Lee Perrone Raya Bess Pinsky Rebecca Elise Pyle Jennifer Anne Quinn Matthew Emiliano Rivera Matthew David Roche Amanda Lee Rohrman Andrew Timothy Rowland Marybeth Melynne Saxton Charles Patrick Schafer Hannah Elizabeth Schaffer John Frank Sexton II Jeanine Maryanna Sieracki Shannon Marie Silhol Anton Smirnov Tyler Allan Smith Sarah Fitzgerald Springer Joannie Studivant Ashley Marie Super Matthew Travis Sutherland Samantha Victoria Sykes John Paul Talarowski Jared Pomaikai Tamashiro Joseph Sigmund Tecza Joseph Michael Tegan Jillian Mary Tessing Robert Otis Thieringer Cody Christopher Toth Joseph William Trainer, Jr. Frank George Trautz Erik Van Slaars James Holger Viggiano Katherine Ann Wallace Westley Weiss Matthew Michael Whitman Kevin Michael Wolfer
Haddonfield • Collingswood • Haddon Twp • Haddon HTs
WHAT’S ON • Collingswood & Haddon Township
#C168/T081 • June 26 to July 10, 2009
Around the Town What’s Your Take?
Residents of Collingswood and Haddon Township won’t have to travel far for Fourth of July fun. What are your holiday plans?
• A proud LANNA DAWSON (6) is pictured with her parents, FIONA and JIM, in front of the tree she planted with her Daisy troop in Knight Park. Lanna’s mom reported that the family will enjoy “a barbecue and watch fireworks at Collingswood High School.”
• Haddon Township’s ERIN LOUNSBERRY has big plans for the holiday weekend. “I’m going to visit my Dad in North Carolina – we’re going camping, and rock climbing, and sliding down waterfalls!”
• Collingswood residents GIBSON, MAEVE (almost 2), and CARA REYNOLDS will celebrate the Fourth of July in style. “We’ll be in New York City at the Little People of America National Conference,” Cara answered.
• The FIELD FAMILY, of Philadelphia, enjoys Crystal Lake Pool so much that they routinely travel to Haddon Towship for a swim. PHOEBE (1), NICO (6), and TIM are looking forward to “a camping trip in Ricketts Glen over the holiday weekend.”
• ESTELLA and CORA FIELD (3) are also looking forward to the family camping trip (see left). Estella explained that their weekend plans include a block party as well. • Crystal Lake Pool lifeguard TOM BARBIERI anticipates “working at the pool and then watching fireworks at Cooper River.” Rowan University student SHANNON NEWELL plans on visiting “the pool and getting a free hot dog.” • BlackBerry / Casio / HTC / LG / Motorola / Nokia Novatel / Palm / Pantech Samsung / UTStarcom • New Plans / FAMILY PLANS ADD-A-LINE / ACCESSORIES
What’s On the Cover: Cover and calendar art copyright Fotolia JUST ONE EXAMPLE:
FREE BLACKBERRY 8703e
after instant discount with new Verizon Wireless account
• ALLTEL / ATT / NEXTEL / SPRINT T-MOBILE / VERIZON WIRELESS • FAST, FREE FEDEX DELIVERY • ONLINE ORDER TRACKING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT • SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
www.HotDealsOnCoolPhones.com • BEST CARRIERS • BEST PHONES • BEST PLANS • BEST SERVICE • BEST SHIPPING
WHATâ€™S ON â€˘ Collingswood & Haddon Township
#C168/T081 â€˘ June 26 to July 10, 2009
ďŁž Cover Story Collingswood Independence Day, from page 1
Cool-off at 2pm at Roberts Pool. Kids will enjoy water games, raft races, a coin toss, watermelon games, and other kidsâ€™ activities. Prizes will be awarded to participants. Call 854-0720 x110 for more information. Independence Day will wrap up with fireworks and the music of the Collingswood Pops. At 8pm, the newly formed orchestra will take the stage at the High School Stadium to entertain residents with patriotic tunes. The fireworks will begin at approximately 9pm at the Stadium. Fireworks and show rain date: Sun Jul 5. collingswood.com ďŁž Cover Story Haddon Township Independence Day, from page 1
The procession will step off in front of the Municipal Building and continue down Haddon Ave to Crystal Lake Pool. Parade entries will include bands, floats, fire trucks, pets, and patriotic bikes. Parade registration will begin at 10:30am at the Municipal Building. No pre-registration is required. Complete the day with a splash at Crystal Lake Pool. Bring the entire family. Following the parade, pool use will be free and open to the public until 6pm. Attendees will enjoy water races, food, beverages, games, crafts, entertainment, and prizes for all ages. Contact: Kate Burns at 854-1176 x4194 or email@example.com.