KERN RIVER KOA
LAKE ISABELLA /
JOURNEY Outdoor enthusiasts will love this KOA. Ideally located in the Sierra Mountains, the campground also backs up to the Kern River Preserve. Poised midway between Southern California and Yosemite or Death Valley, this KOA offers easy access to acclaimed whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Kern River.
GUEST SERVICES GUIDE
PARKING TENT PARKING POOL ISLAND PLAYGROUND CABANA STORE / OFFICE PIZZA/ PUB ENTRANCE MAINTENANCE AREA MEN’S WOMEN’S SOUTH FORK WILDLIFE & KERN RIVER PRESERVES & To Mt. Mesa & Lake Isabella To Onyx, Kernville & Hwy 14 PULL-THRUS PULL-THRUS PULL-THRUS 178 SPLASH PAD VOLLEYBALL TETHER BALL BADMINTON KAMPER KITCHEN MINING SLUICE Tilt: 102° Elevation: 47° Azimuth: 151° CHECK OUT TIME: 11AM MAINTENANCE AREA @LakeIsabellaKOA Lake Isabella / Kern River KOA Follow us on: SITE
Deluxe Cabin Camping Cabin Full Hookup Water, Electric Only Dry Site Tent Site (Water & Electric) Tent Site Dumpsters Propane Showers Restrooms Laundry Room Recycle Bins Kamp K9 WALKWAY WALKWAY WALKWAY 1 2 3 4 5 72 73 74 K48 P47 P45 P43 P41 P39 P37 P35 P33 K57 K75 K76 K77 K78 58 59 60B 60 A 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 K49 K50 K51 K52 K53 54 K55 T79 T80 T81 T82 T83 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 T24 T25 T26 T27 T28 T29 T30 T31 2023
Facilities Code: Wi-Fi:
Site #: Guest Name: Lake Isabella/Kern River KOA Journey 15627 Hwy 178 I Kern County, Weldon, CA 93283 Information: (760) 378-2001 I Reservations: (800) 562-2085 email@example.com I LakeIsabellaKOA.com OFFICE HOURS: Summer –9:00 to 10:00 / Winter –9:00 to 5:00
GUIDELINES FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
Please review the following guidelines with members of your party so that everyone has a safe and fun stay at our campground.
• PET POLICIES: Most people like dogs. However, dogs must be on a leash.
• Pet litter must be picked up by pet owner.
• QUIET HOURS: Strictly enforced from 10 pm to 8 am However, please be courteous to your neighbors at all times.
• CHECK OUT time is 11 am.
• Your area MUST be left clean. If a member of our staff is required to clean your vacated campsite, a $50.00 fee will be charged to the credit card on file.
• Please bag and tie all trash and put it at the front of your site. Trash will be picked up daily.
• CONSERVATION: Be cautious with fire, especially when windy. Our trees are precious. Please do not INITIAL, HACK, CARVE or otherwise disfigure them or feed them cooking grease or gray water.
• SWIMMING POOL: Swimming is at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty. Children under 15 must be
accompanied by an adult. Pets or glass containers of any kind are prohibited in the pool area at all times. Smoking is prohibited in pool area. Pool hours are 10 am to 9 pm. Pool is open seasonally from May 1st to October 31st
• CABINS: Please do not hang wet towels/clothing on rails. NO SMOKING IN ANY CABINS OR LODGES. No cooking is allowed in cabins. Pets are only allowed in “Pet Friendly” cabins.
• GENERAL RULES: Please observe your campsite boundaries and devote extra consideration to quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am. Please do not dry laundry on lines or trees. We have a laundry room available for your use. No CAR or RV washing on grounds. If you have visitors, you must accompany them when using ANY facilities on the campground. Facilities are for overnight guests only.
• We have overflow parking at the front of the campground near the entrance/exit. Overflow parking is $5 per car per day.
If rules are not followed and you are asked by a staff member to leave, you will not be issued a refund.
AROUND THE KERN RIVER VALLEY
ALTA SIERRA SKI RESORT –
Open Fri-Sun & holidays in season.
AUDUBON KERN RIVER PRESERVE –
Open daily from sunrise to sunset, FREE.
KERN VALLEY MUSEUM –
Open Thurs-Sun, 10AM - 4PM, FREE.
KERN RIVER –
Designated “wild and scenic” river fishing, kayaking, rafting.
LAKE ISABELLA –
Year-round fishing. Use permits required. Annual Fishing Derby with tens of thousands of dollars in prize money.
NUUI CUNNI NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURAL CENTER –
Open Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, FREE.
OHV TRAILS –
Over 140 miles of trails — many across from KOA.
SILVER CITY GHOST TOWN –
Open year round, admission fee.
TRAIL OF 100 GIANTS –
Self-guided interpretive trail in Sequoia National Forest. Trees are 500 to 1500 years old, and the largest is 220 feet tall and 20 feet in diameter. Check road conditions.
For details check out www.lakeisabellakoa.com
KOA Journey campgrounds are the perfect oasis after a day on the road. Whether it’s along the way or a quick getaway, they’ve got you covered. Located near the highways and byways of North America with long Pull-thru RV Sites, they deliver convenience to the traveling camper. Pull in, ease back and take a load off.
Fire Department: 760-378-3055
Sheriff’s Department: 760-549-2100
After Hours Phone: 702-802-8495
Elevation: 2653 feet
155 155 178 178 ALTA SIERRA WOFFORD HEIGHTS LAKE ISABELLA BODFISH MT. MESA & SQUIRREL VALLEY SOUTHLAKE WELDON LAUNCH RAMP LAUNCH RAMP ROBINSON COVE LAUNCH RAMP LAUNCH RAMP LAUNCH RAMP LIBRARY LAUNCH RAMP LAUNCH RAMP LAUNCH RAMP MOTOCROSS TRACK LAKE ISABELLA SIERRA WY SOUTH FORK KERN RIVER KERN RIVER MAIN DAM AUX DAM TILLIE CREEK EVANS RD BUVLANDOBLVD FRENCH GULCH PIONEER POINT TUTTLE CYPRESSRD LN OLDRDSTATE PARK AVE LAUREL AVE NORRISELIZABETH RD WOFFORD BLVD NUGGET AVE ERSKINE CREEK RD CRESTVIEWAVE BODFISH ST KILBREATH DR BODFISH CANYON RD PARADISE COVE KISSACK COVE TO ONYX & HWY 14 ROCKY POINT TO BAKERSFIELD KERN RIVER CANYON KEYSVILLE RD AUDOBON KERN RIVER PRESERVE HANNING FLAT TO KERNVILLE, FAIRVIEW & GIANT SEQUOIA NAT’L MONUMENT SOUTH FORK STATE WILDLIFE AREA LAKE ISABELLA BLVD McCRAYRD DOGWOOD AVE POPLAR ST PARK EDITH AVE CHAIN AVE BIRCH ST KRV CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WOODLAND TURNER AVE ALTA SIERRA AVE WAGON WHEEL DR LYNCH CANYON DR MTN 99 KERN RIVER MOUNTAIN MESA RD VISTA GRANDE DR POST OFFICE 93283 KERN RIVER HATCHERY These businesses are recommended by your host. Please let them know you are staying at LAKE ISABELLA / KERN RIVER KOA JOURNEY 2 4B 1 3 4A We Have What You Need! • Weber Grills & Supplies • RV Parts & Supplies • Outdoor Furniture • Housewares • Tools • Plumbing • Electrical • Hardware • Pet Supplies OPEN Mon-Fri 7AM–6PM Sat-Sun 8AM–5PM 4700 Lake Isabella Blvd • 760-379-4631 Your Satisfaction Is Our Goal! Did you hear? We do Diesel, too! 5300 Lake Isabella Blvd Lake Isabella, CA Phone 442-423-3141 Cell 442-433-6914 Franks-TAR.com Stewart’s Tire Service Tires • Wheels • Repairs RVs • Trucks • Tractors • Cars • Trailers (760) 379-5133 Kameha Quiocho 5304 Lake Isabella Blvd. Lake Isabella CA 93240 1 2 3 4
SO MUCH TO DO AT OUR KOA!
Here are just a few of the many activities and amenities to enjoy at our campground.
• OHV Riding/Four Wheeling/Dirt
• Canoeing/Whitewater Rafting/ Kayaking
• Boating/Wakeboarding/Water Skiing/Jet Skiing
• Sailing/Windsurfing/ Parasailing
• Corn Hole
• Mountain Biking
• Splash Pad
• Star Gazing
• Snowboarding/Downhill & CrossCountry Skiing/Tubing
• Bird Watching
• Laze away the day in our pool
• Gather in our Pub for beer & pizza
• Build a fire, make S’mores & tell a story
KOA SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Summer Season & Most Holidays
Friday Nights - FREE Ice Cream Social
Sunday Mornings - FREE Pancake Breakfast
Check with Office Staff for other group activities. MORE ACTIVITIES ON HOLIDAY WEEKENDS.
Activity reservation assistance available at Front Desk.
OUR SINCERE THANKS
It is a pleasure serving you. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, be sure to let us know. We’re more than happy to provide recommendations to a KOA Campground at your next destination—just ask.
Enjoy your stay and come back soon.
Lake Isabella/Kern River KOA Journey Team
© 2023 AGSPUB.COM • CROWLEY, TX 76036 • 877-518-1989 • 03-23 KC MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • D1874 BAA 14535