Life at LWC | General Information, Rules, Policies & Finance

Page 1

General Information, Rules, Policies & Finance


Governors, Senior Leadership Team and Staff

Our Governing Body has 16 members, each bringing a wealth of experience from a variety of fields. The Governing Body is led by Robert Hannington, our Chairman.

Our Governors work in close partnership with the Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team, and all play an active part in College life. They all sit on one of our committees and each of our boarding houses has a Governor attached to them.

Robert Hannington (Chairman)

Campus & Estate Management, Finance Committee

Amanda Britton

Regulatory & Safeguarding, Junior House

Caroline Cazenove

Marketing & Fundraising, Regulatory & Safeguarding, Gosden House

Simon Clements

Foundation Lead, Education, and Marketing & Fundraising, Hazelveare House

Ruth Elliot Park House, Finance Committee

Lucinda Fleming

Regulatory & Safeguarding, Education, Haygate House

Nick Goulding

Pensions, Enterprises, Finance

Daniel Gowan

Campus Committee, Finance & Pensions, School House

Harry Hammond

Marketing & Fundraising, Sutton House

Rachael Henshilwood

David Hertzell

Chair of St Neot’s Governors

Richard Janaway

Finance, Campus & Estate Management, Stern Farm Committee

Alasdair Kennedy


James Robinson Finance Committee

Alice Thomas

Marketing & Fundraising

Graham Tongue

Campus & Estate Management

David Watts

Vice Chairman, Nominations, Director of Stern Farms

Governors can be contacted via our Chief Operating Officer - 01256 862201

Senior Leadership Team

Adam Williams, MA


Alex Battison, MA

Senior Deputy Head

Stephen Badger, MA

Deputy Head Teaching & Learning

Ali Cocksworth, MA

Deputy Head Pastoral

Tom Rimmer, BSc Head of Sixth Form

Baz Bennett, MA Chief Operating Officer

Pete German, BA

Director of Admissions and Marketing

Samantha Corfield, BEng

Director of Philanthropy & Alumni Relations

Dawn Wilde, CIPD

Director of People

Colette MacDonald, MA

Director of Compliance & Projects

A full staff list can be found here.

College Policies & Inspection


Many of our policies are available on our website. Hard or electronic versions of all our policies are available on request from the Headmaster’s Office (headsec@

The following key policies can be found via this link.


Boarding Principles and Aims


Data Protection

Mission and Aims


Safeguarding and Child Protection

Please contact the Chairman of Governors, Mr Robert Hannington, regarding any policy questions, via our Chief Operating Officer - 01256 862201

Academic Performance and Inspections

Our academic results last year can be found here and our most recent inspection report here.

Fees & Insurance

Fees, Billing and Insurances

Fees are reviewed annually and are payable either on, or before, the first day of the term to which they apply.

For our current fees please click here. Termly bills are emailed to parents at the beginning of the Christmas, Easter, and Summer holidays.

The College does not offer a monthly payment option, however if you wish to consider spreading the cost, there are a variety of schemes that make this possible. For further information please click here

Notice to Leave/Change of Status

A full term’s notice is required in writing, to the Headmaster, if a pupil is to be withdrawn, or wishes to change status from boarding to flexi or day pupil. Likewise, changing from a flexi to a day pupil requires a full term’s notice.

To request a change of boarding status please click here.

Fees Refund Scheme

The College provides access to a ‘Fees Refund Scheme’ for pupils. This scheme seeks to allow parents to recover the cost of school fees where a pupil is unable to attend

school due, for example, to illness or injury.

Pupils will be included in the Fees Refund Scheme if a parent requests it by completing an application form, by contacting the COO’s office (bursarssec@ The charge, (currently 0.82% of the termly fee for day and flexi boarding pupils and 0.63% for full and weekly boarders) will be added to the College bill.


It is our policy to try and keep ‘extras’ on school bills to a minimum. However, there are occasional charges for some trips and outings, specialist books, books for retention, etc.

If the cost of an extra is under £10, the charge will appear on your bill without notification. You will be notified of any extras costing over £10. You have the right to opt out of any trip or activity where cost is prohibitive. If you wish your child to opt out, please ensure that we are informed as early as possible. For large amounts, eg for overseas trips, you will always have the option of paying in instalments.

Our Chief Operating Officer is always happy to talk to parents about any fee concerns (

Music Lessons

Our current fees can be found here.

Learning Support Lessons

Our current fees and policy can be found here

English as an Additional Language (EAL)

Our current fees and policy can be found here


Everyone is responsible for insuring their own property. The College accepts no responsibilities for the loss of, or damage to, personal property.

We do not offer a scheme for the insurance of personal effects because we have found that these can lead to pupils becoming rather careless with their belongings. We suggest your child’s possessions are made the subject of an extension to your household contents insurance. Responsibility for pupils’ personal possessions, including replacement or repair where necessary, lies entirely with the pupils and their parents or guardians and, under no circumstances, with the College.

Pupils’ Personal Accident Insurance

A ‘Personal Accident Insurance Scheme’, especially designed for the pupils of independent schools, has been arranged through Marsh Insurance Brokers. The need for such a scheme has been emphasised tragically by actual cases of serious injury suffered on the sports field, during educational activities or on holiday, and for which no compensation has been payable because there has been no negligence. When such injuries involve permanent disability there is inevitably a need for substantial financial help.

The ‘Independent Schools Council’ strongly recommends this insurance, especially because of the following essential features: cover is extended to virtually all accidents, however caused; cover is worldwide; cover is continuous throughout the year (divided into termly periods); benefits are linked to a guaranteed scale; graded on specific disabilities up to a total maximum benefit of £1,000,000.

Every pupil is entered into the Scheme and the College pays the premium.

Travel Insurance

The College has a ‘Travel Cover for Schools Policy’, which covers trips at home and abroad, including winter sports. This is included within the termly fees. Further information can be found here.

Private Medical Insurance

Pupils will be covered by ‘Private Medical Insurance’ (through AXA PPP) if a parent requests it by completing an application form here.

The termly cost for this service is reviewed annually. For further details please contact the Accounts team (listerf@

International Pupils Guardians, Travel Documents/ Visas


All parents resident abroad must arrange appropriate guardianship support for their child/ children while they are pupils at the College as per our Guardianship Policy, which can be found here

The College has determined that the appropriate level of guardianship support for pupils is full guardianship support.

All guardians must be resident in the UK and able to act with the full authority of parents.

The choice of guardian is the responsibility of the parent: the College can accept no legal responsibility for any guardianship arrangements. We expect the guardianship arrangements to meet the expectations outlined in our Guardianship Policy which is sent to all parents resident abroad.

Parents must complete our guardianship form giving the name and address of the individual or agency who will be the pupil’s guardian prior to the pupil joining the College. Any change of guardian must be communicated to the College in writing.

Travel Documents/Visas

We request that parents ensure that all travel documents are valid and up to date. Passports, travel tickets, visa information, biometric (BRP) cards and foreign currency must be handed in to the pupil’s Houseparent for safekeeping. The College cannot accept responsibility for any documents which are lost by a pupil. Copies of passports, visa documents and BRP cards must also be handed in to the School Office as these must be stored centrally under guidelines from the UK Border Agency (UKVI).

Further questions

If you have any questions or would like further information on any of the subjects in this document, please email:

Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.