Education Resources 2013 See Inside:
Resources for ages 3-11 education.cambridge.org/primary
Check out our exciting new primary resources! Page
Sign up to our primary e-news!
English / Literacy Penpals for Handwriting 4
i-learn: writing 8
i-learn: speaking and listening 10
Searchlights for Spelling 14 Cornerstones for Writing 16 Storybook Phonics 18 Phonics Focus 19 Dog and Cat 20 NEW! Cambridge Handwriting (Ruq'ah Arabic Edition) 21
Primary School Chinese
Mathematics Apex Maths 22
NEW! Cambridge Word Problems (Arabic)
6 Plus 25 Mult-e-Maths
A Maths Dictionary for Kids
Cambridge Word Problems
Race to Learn
NEW! Primary School Chinese
Minimus and Minimus Secundus (Latin) 32 ICT for Starters
NEW! Coding Club
Ready to place an order? See pages 35-39 for local contact information
Header Ages 3-11
Ages 3-11 English / Literacy
English / Literacy Colourful Big Books • Ideal for use with small groups. • Model letter formations, joins and styles effectively. • Write-on / wipe-off laminated pages for interactive teaching.
Gives teachers the confidence to teach a fluent, legible handwriting style!
Penpals for Handwriting Written by: Gill Budgell and Kate Ruttle Series Consultants: Sue Palmer and Professor Rhona Stainthorp
“The interface is bright, colourful, very interactive, well organised and simple to navigate for teachers and children alike.”
Penpals for Handwriting is a complete handwriting scheme for 3-11 year olds, teaching children to use a fast and fluent handwriting style to help them to achieve their potential in writing.
• Five unique developmental phases provide clear progression for children aged 3 to 11.
Focusing on whole-class teaching using CD-ROMs for the interactive whiteboard, and Big Books for group work, this scheme will significantly improve all levels of handwriting in your school.
• Sky-writing and lesson warm-ups develop the fine and gross-motor skills that are crucial for handwriting.
• CD-ROMs support interactive, direct teaching to the whole class using an interactive whiteboard. • Links to phonics and spelling reinforce essential learning.
• Same objectives but different content from the CD-ROMs. • Links to high-frequency words to reinforce essential learning. • Practice feature for pencil control is great for early finishers. • Provides consolidation and extra practice for small groups working with a Teaching Assistant.
“Penpals for Handwriting is the first resource I’ve ever seen that actually shows you how to teach handwriting...I’ve seen a lot of very happy children using it.”
Introducing horizontal join to s:
Practise the join.
w>[ w>[ w>[ Teacher Books
Write the phrases.
Read and write these words.
b@oúw>[ i<n roúw>[
• Full planning for whole-class session.
c·roúw>[ i<n roúw>[
• Scope and sequence charts.
wëi<n<d<oúw>[ i<n roúw>[
• Suggestions for using the CD-ROMs.
• Annotated facsimilies of Big Book and Practice Book pages. Practise the pattern.
• Photocopy masters for additional practice or homework.
Pupil Practice Books • Reinforcement of work on phonics.
Check out our new Arabic handwriting product on page 21!
• Opportunities to practise writing letter patterns in context. • Reinforcement of high-frequency words. • Pattern practice.
Header Ages 3-11
Ages 3-11 English / Literacy
English / Literacy
Penpals Development Phase
Engaging CD-ROMs â€˘ Animations of letter formations and key joins for a perfect model, taking the pressure off you! â€˘ Animated sky-writing patterns for practising letters and joining patterns in the air.
â€˘ Video exercises for gross and fine motor skills to prepare pupils for handwriting.
Fine and gross motor skills
â€œWe have seen a marked improvement in all childrenâ€™s handwriting.â€? Colerne Primary School, Chippenham
This CD-ROM complements the Penpals Foundation 1 Teacherâ€™s Book and audio CD (ISBN 978-1-84565-171-8) Visit www.cambridge-hitachi.com/penpals for a component list, full system requirements, FAQs and much much more!
1 Gross & Fine Motor Skills and Letter Formation
âžœ Interactive whiteboard activities âžœ Speaking and listening opportunities âžœ Gross and fine motor skill activities
For help using Penpals see the booklet, call our technical support team on 01223 325040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org System requirements MSI package included for easy installation onto your: MicrosoftÂŽ WindowsÂŽ 2000/XP(SP 2)/Vistaâ„˘ or RMÂŽ Community ConnectÂŽ 3 network Mac OSÂŽ X v.10.3.9/10.4.9 MicrosoftÂŽ WindowsÂŽ Server 2000/2003 network AdobeÂŽ ReaderÂŽ 8.1 (included on CD-ROM) ÂŠ Gill Budgell (frattempo) and Kate Ruttle 2007 Software ÂŠ Cambridge-Hitachi 2007
â€˘ A single file which can easily be installed on any machine on your school network. Sassoon Penpals Line
Sassoon Penpals Joined Line*
*Microsoft Word 2010 (PC) and 2011 (Mac) only.
Sassoon Penpals Tracker
3 Securing the Joins
2 Beginning to Join
4 Practising Speed and Fluency
Sassoon Penpals Joined*
5 Presentation Skills
Ages 4-5 Ages 5-6 Ages 6-7 Sassoon Penpals
NEW! Font CD-ROM