Did You Know?
This resource is designed to allow your family to have time in God’s Word BEFORE your children attend church. Because God’s plan is for parents to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their children’s faith, we want YOU to be the one to introduce this part of The Big God Story to them. For additional support in spiritual parenting and to learn more about creating transforming environments in your home, be sure to pick up HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource from your church or download at HomeFrontMag.com. You can also access the HomeFront app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
3.12 God Responds to the Prayers of His People Part of The Big God Story Acts 12:1–19 Peter Is Freed from Prison
UN JUST FOR F R FUN m of FinO T S U the main roo . Tell J r e th e g to ry God Sto ur family
Gather yo r this part of The Big bout a time your home fon you’re going to read aray. Then read your childre athered in a home to p n to share re g when people 14. Encourage your child pray for. Start Acts 12:5– would like your family to re spending y fo anything the g God for who He is be ur requests. You by thankin gether praying for yo r requests and to ye time huddled keep a list of your pra se prayers has might want to other when one of the red. update each been answe
• The political climate in Judea during the time of the early church was precarious. King Herod viewed the apostolic leaders as a threat and took measures to destroy further growth of the church.
Your child is capable of doing many things on his own. Dressing himself, brushing his teeth, and helping with simple household chores will help him to feel like a valued and respected member of your family.
• Herod began by killing the apostle James (brother of John) in what appeared to be a systematic plan to eliminate the remaining apostles. Shortly after James’ death, Peter was seized and imprisoned.
• Four sets of four soldiers were placed as guards for this one man in the jail.
After reading Acts 12:5–14, discuss the following together: • How do you think the people felt as they prayed together for Peter?
Remember Verse for the environment of
• How do you think Peter felt when he knew God had rescued him?
• What would you like to pray for?
LOVE AND RESPECT Above all, love each other deeply. 1 Peter 4:8a
For more information about blessing your child, see the Blessing section in HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource.
A blessing to pray over your child: (Insert name of child), as you pray, may you remember to trust God, understanding that He answers your prayers. © 2014 David C Cook. TruResources are developed in partnership with ROCKHARBOR Church and a national network of family and children’s ministry leaders. All rights reserved.