Did You Know?
This resource is designed to allow your family to have time in God’s Word BEFORE your children attend church. Because God’s plan is for parents to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their children’s faith, we want YOU to be the one to introduce this part of The Big God Story to them. For additional support in spiritual parenting and to learn more about creating transforming environments in your home, be sure to pick up HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource from your church or download at HomeFrontMag.com. You can also access the HomeFront app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
3.10 God’s Love Changes Everything Part of The Big God Story Acts 5 Paul’s conversion.
UN JUST FOR F R FUNn FO ur childre T S U J gest that yoread. When g u S . 9 1 – :1
u 9 Read Acts yes closed tightly as yo of The Big rt e a ir p e is th th p e g e k ed readin their eyes. you’ve finishve your children open think Paul a y God Story, hthem to share how then, he couldn’t e e d g d ra su u fa k Enco lt when all o hy they thin must have feg. Ask your children wto help Paul. see anythin ight not have wanted beyed God? Ananias m ned when Ananias o that God’s What happe er as a family the waysut things. o th Share toge nges how you think ab a ch ve lo
sinful life. A Pharisee could not be blind; it would register him as unclean.
• In Acts 9, after Christ met Paul on the road to Damascus, Paul found himself blinded for three days. He spent these days fasting and in prayer, meditating on what he had seen and heard.
• Clearly, after this incident, Paul couldn’t simply go back to his old life—his physical detriment wouldn’t allow it. But it was his conversion to Christ, far more than his blindness, that kept him from returning to his former life.
• Blindness had huge social repercussions in the first century, especially to the Israelites. The Jews believed that most illnesses and deformities were the result of a
Your child will enjoy serving when she has a feeling of accomplishment. Give your child one or more simple chores. As she completes these tasks, she’ll learn to find the joy in serving.
Remember Verse for the environment of
YOUNGER: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart. Colossians 3:23a
OLDER: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
After reading Acts 9:1–19, discuss the following together: • Whom does God love?
• How does God show you His love?
• How can you show His love to others?
For more information about blessing your child, see the Blessing section in HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource.
A blessing to pray over your child: (Insert name of child), may God fill you with His love and may you share that love with the people He brings into your life. © 2014 David C Cook. TruResources are developed in partnership with ROCKHARBOR Church and a national network of family and children’s ministry leaders. All rights reserved.