Did You Know?
This resource is designed to allow your family to have time in God’s Word BEFORE your children attend church. Because God’s plan is for parents to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their children’s faith, we want YOU to be the one to introduce this part of The Big God Story to them. For additional support in spiritual parenting and to learn more about creating transforming environments in your home, be sure to pick up HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource from your church or download at HomeFrontMag.com. You can also access the HomeFront app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
1.8 God Is Mighty Part of The Big God Story Exodus 14:13—15:21 God delivers His people from Egypt. As they flee, God uses Moses to part the Red Sea, allowing the Israelites to pass safely.
un Just ForFFor Fun Just zels and raisins for
are ren some pret Give your childthem to pretend the pretzelseate a ll cr a snack. Te pretzels to g the can divide the the sea. They walk the raisins (representiney eat, th en s path and th ugh to the other side. A children Israelites) thro14:19–31. Share with your ig God B s e u part of Th read Exod ch. Ask just heard is a that what they le, and they’ll hear it in chur ts and ib gh B ou their th Story in the share with you d. your children to about what they just hear questions
© 2013 David C Cook. TruResources are developed in partnership with ROCKHARBOR Church and a national network of family and children’s ministry leaders. All rights reserved.
• Moses followed God’s command to stretch his hand over the waters of the Red Sea. When he did this, God parted the sea.
Your child’s spiritual development will benefit from an open dialogue about what she is learning about God. Give her plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share about what she knows to be true about God.
• The Israelites walked through the Red Sea on dry land, but when the Egyptian army tried to chase them, the waters closed and the army was swept away.
• After witnessing this event, the Israelite people put their faith and trust in God and followed Moses.
After reading the passage, discuss the following together:
Remember Verse for the environment of
• How do you think the Israelites felt when they realized the Egyptian army was chasing them?
• What did the Israelites do after God saved them?
• How can we show that we trust God?
I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection. Philippians 3:10a
For more information about blessing your child, see the Blessing section in HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource.
A blessing to pray over your child: (Insert name of child), may you remember the amazing wonders God did for His people because He loves them. God’s love for you lasts forever and ever.