THE VALUE OF COMMUNITY
As the call for affordable housing increases, so does the complexity and competition across the market. Berkadia Affordable Housing brings a balance of drive, versatility and focus that comes only from deep experience in local, state and federal regulatory and financing environments.
Partnering with Berkadia Affordable Housing comes with our promise to provide clear and steady guidance from start to finish. Whether you’re looking to preserve and enhance existing affordable homes or create beautiful new properties, we look forward to partnering with you on this vital mission.
There’s no greater need in the marketplace, and no more important mission for our partners, than strengthening communities by creating affordable housing opportunities for families across the nation."
DAVID LEOPOLD SVP - Head of Affordable Housing Berkadia
IT'S IN OUR DNA.
Our mission is inspired by our two shareholders who created Berkadia— Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group. Both firms are renowned for their capital strength, sophisticated investment strategies and exacting attention to their clients’ diverse needs.
We’re honored to infuse our Berkadia values into everything we do. When you work with us, you’re more than a client, and more than a partner. You’re a member of our family.
Your projects, of any size and location, benefit from best‑in‑class financing partners and unparalleled access to capital.
Get customized solutions and seamless service with our established resources and proven expertise.
When you equip the right professionals with industry leading insights and tools, the result is better investment outcomes.
Advanced decision‑making with actionable insights backed by our powerful data.
SUCCESS IS NOT PURELY MEASURED BY NUMBERS.
But, they help tell our story: #1
In 2022, Berkadia was ranked Freddie Mac's #1 Affordable Housing lender for the second year in a row.
In 2022, we closed more than $1.5 billion affordable housing investment sales transactions, while Berkadia closed $22 billion in investment sales overall.
In 2022, Berkadia financed $3.5 billion affordable housing transactions, while our overall loan production totaled $35 billion.
In 2022, our tax credit syndication experts closed $204 million of LIHTC equity transactions.
Growing The Future Of Financing
• Provides tax credit equity solutions for for profit and non profit developers
• LIHTC equity
• Proprietary and multi fund investment structures
• Fund and asset management services
165% Portfolio growth since 2015
In addition to D.C. & the Virgin Islands
10,700 Affordable housing apartments
Traditions at Bloomington
• Garden style property consists of one bedroom floor plans
• Amenities include a fitness center, business center, conference room, two pools, community playgrounds and an outdoor grilling area
396 Units 2004 Built
Sunset Ridge Apartments
• 15 year, fixed rate Freddie Mac acquisition loan, with eight years interest only through the Targeted Affordable Housing program
• Uniquely positioned to satisfy demand for affordable and market rate housing
• Qualified for tax credits in a market with strong demand drivers, creating a compelling investment opportunity
800 Units 1986 Built
Park Western Estates
Los Angeles, California
• 2.72% cap rate on annualized in place operations
• Partial project based HAP contract subsidizing 104 units (48%)
• 112 units were subject to LA City Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO)
216 Units 1969 Built
• Affordable community serving seniors and people with disabilities
• The asset’s affordability will be preserved for at least 40 more years, due to the new financing structure
• The debt includes tax exempt bonds purchased by Berkadia and backed by Freddie Mac, as well as low income housing tax credits
250 Units 1970 Built
TAX CREDIT SYNDICATION
HŌM Flats at 28 West – Phase 2
• Under construction
• Mixed income, 132 units of high quality, affordable workforce housing and 28 units of market rate housing
• Financing for 28 West includes equity generated from the syndication of 4 percent Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credits
Halewai’olu Senior Residences
• 156 units for seniors age 62+ earning between 30% 80% AMI
• Halewai’olu Senior Residences is being developed by The Michaels Organization Financed by a construction loan, a RHRF loan, a Freddie Mac TEL perm loan, as well as 4% LIHTC credits and Hawaii State Tax Credits
CLOSING IS JUST THE END OF THE BEGINNING.
We’re in this for the long haul.
To us, every deal is the start of a new relationship or the continuation of one built on performance and trust.
Our clients are family, and we’re relentlessly focused on your long term success.
SVP Head of Affordable Housing 301.202.3547 email@example.com
Brandon Grisham Senior Managing Director 253.653.3313 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Skyles Director 208.631.4981 email@example.com
Tax Credit Syndication
Susan Moro Managing Director 914.500.9387 firstname.lastname@example.org
Corine Sheridan SVP Head of Acquisitions 240.204.5125 email@example.com
Brian Blanchard Director 949.610.5377 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Irish Senior Managing Director 208.286.5013 email@example.com
Adam Tomberg Director 206.521.7218 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Furniss Managing Director 714.384.3266 email@example.com
Mike Terry Associate 425.761.1640 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marge Novak SVP Capital Markets 248.208.0526 email@example.com
Andrew Anania Managing Director 215.328.3817 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris McGraw Managing Director Acquisitions 980.208.1667 email@example.com
Zenzi Reeves SVP Asset Management 267.760.3691 firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Smith Senior Director 781.990.0157 email@example.com
James Grande Associate Director Acquisitions 215.328.3826 firstname.lastname@example.org
SVP, Head of Affordable Originations 415.646.7704 email@example.com
Managing Director 310.209.3244 firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Director 310.209.3288 email@example.com
Managing Director 512.226.8710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director 617.470.7388 email@example.com
SVP Chief Underwriter 214.960.9860 firstname.lastname@example.org
VP – Originations 978.810.1060
Senior Managing Director 214.360.3849 email@example.com
Matthew Baptiste Managing Director 404.654.2608 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Crump Managing Director 504.322.1196 email@example.com
Jeff Lawrence Managing Director 404.201.0693 firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director 614.468.5785 email@example.com
VP – Product Originations 972.801.3060 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Managing Director 614.468.5805 email@example.com
Franklin Brown Senior Director 615.377.7676 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Dockweiler Managing Director 503.261.3668 email@example.com
Managing Director 770.286.6446 firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director 413.522.8530 email@example.com
Melissa Koppel VP – Originations 423.863.1957 firstname.lastname@example.org