Golden Bison Bulletin - Spring/Summer 2024

Page 1

GoldenBison B ulletin


It can be said that dorm life at Nichols College has, at times, overshadowed even the best of academic lessons. The all-male campus was structured to promote brotherhood and camaraderie in addition to preparing students to be successful in business, and in life. The strong friendships that remain to this day are in large part due to where, and with whom, you lived on campus. Prior to 1974, the largest dormitory housed less than seventy students. Residence halls are now constructed to serve hundreds of students. Most dormitories in the 60’s and 70’s supported less than fifty students, which seemed like the perfect number to many. This issue of the Golden Bison Bulletin provides a brief history of each structure, followed by recollections of the life they provided. There is little doubt that it will also resurrect many more.

Black Tavern

The Black Tavern was built in 1804 by Hezekiah Healy and opened as Healy’s Inn. The tavern also served as a home for the Healy family. At the halfway point between Boston, Massachusetts, and Hartford, Connecticut, the tavern made an ideal stagecoach stop for travelers to rest themselves and their horses, have a drink and socialize. The tavern reportedly got its name when Hezekiah Healy painted the tavern black with white trim for easier building maintenance. Perhaps because it was hard to see at night, the tavern was painted subsequently white. The tavern eventually became the summer home of Dr. Charles Goodell, Hezekiah Healy’s

grandson and a well-known Methodist preacher. In 1946 Goodell’s widow passed ownership of the tavern to Nichols College. Nichols College used the tavern as an “annex” and the converted barn as living quarters for students from 1946 to 1983. In 1983, Nichols College deeded the building to The Black Tavern Historical Society for $1.00. Restoration of the tavern began in 1984 and the building was opened to the public in 1990. The Black Tavern remains on Center Road, located at the top of Tanyard Road.


Budleigh Hall was constructed in 1888 as a summer home for Hezekiah Conant, a wealthy Rhode Island industrialist with close ties to Nichols Academy. The Budleigh name referred to his ancestral home in East Budleigh, of Devonshire, England. The summer home contained more than 27 rooms and sat on 70 acres of land that also included barns, a cider mill, and several tennis courts. When the Nichols Junior College of Business Administration and Executive Training opened

in 1931, Budleigh Hall was renamed Budleigh Towers and used as a student residence hall. On December 2, 1931, Budleigh Towers was destroyed by a fire that started in a defective chimney. The construction of the new Budleigh Hall was completed in 1932. Each dorm room had running water and a wash basin, which were considered luxuries at the time. The new residence hall housed nearly 80 students. The president’s office was also located here until 1955. Today, Budleigh Hall is the oldest standing residence hall on campus.

Center Hall

Center Hall was built in the summer of 2007 and sits between Remillard and Budleigh Halls. Center Hall is a single story, single gender facility. The building has a large common room with a television. Center Hall features double and triple occupancy rooms with easy access to recreation facilities.

A newsletter for Nichols College alumni of the past 50 years or more Vol 5 Issue 1: Spring/Summer 2024 isonBoldenG bulletin NON-PROFIT ORG US POSTAGE PAID PERMIT #5732 BOSTON MA
Continued on page
First Map of the Nichols Junior College Campus, 1931. Source: Nichols Junior College Catalog, 1931 – 1932, pg. 12 – 13, NCA.

Copper Beech Apartments

The Copper Beech Apartments are located directly on Center Road in between Lombard Dining Hall and Olsen Hall. These residence halls are primarily available for upperclassmen. Copper Beech I opened in the fall of 2008, and Copper Beech II opened in the fall of 2009. These facilities feature apartment style accommodations: each has a full kitchen, living area, and dining area. The apartments are configured to house either 4 or 6 students. Students who live in a 6-person apartment have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths; students living in 4-person apartments have 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. Copper Beach II has a staff office and houses common vending and an ATM for all residents living on campus. Copper Beech I and II are connected by the quad, greenspace where students gather for games and activities throughout the year.

Daniels Hall (1954 – 2004)

Daniels Hall was constructed in 1954 as a residence hall for 68 students. It was named for F. Harold Daniels, former member of the Board of Trustees. Originally, it held 32 double rooms and 4 single rooms for students. There were 2 five-room apartments, a large lounge and study room, and a television and game room. Daniels Hall was located in between Budleigh and Merrill Halls.

Forestry Hall (1959 – 2003)

Forestry Hall was initially constructed in 1959 as a residence hall for 28 students. Encouraged by the growth of the forestry program, it was transformed into a classroom building, and later expanded to support 2 and then 3 additional labs in 1961. Forestry Hall was demolished in the 2003. Forestry Hall was located at the south end of campus.

Goodell Hall (1961 – 1993)

Goodell Hall was constructed as residence hall for 65 students in 1960. At times, it was considered a dorm for athletes because if its proximity near the field house. Goodell Hall was removed in 1993.

Kuppenheimer Hall

Built in 1970 and called simply New Dorm, this residence hall was completely renovated in 2013. Suites are furnished with a spacious common room and private suite bathroom. Kuppenheimer Hall houses 43 students in 11 unique layouts. It was named for Robert Kuppenheimer ’69, member of the Board of Trustees. Kuppenheimer Hall sits back off Center Road on the south end of campus on the opposite side of where Forestry Hall had lived.

Merrill Hall (1937 – 2000)

Merrill Hall was one of the first new dormitorities constructed for Nichols students in 1937 after experiencing an increase in enrollment. It was named for Dr. Quincy H. Merrill, Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the time. It had a study and lounge, recreation room, faculty apartment, and originally accommodated 42 students. In 1972, it became the first co-ed residence hall with seven female resident students. Merrill Hall sat just south of Budleigh on the hill. The building was removed in 2000.

New Dormitory

Seen as an achievement under President Cross, New Dormitory was constructed in 1970. It was later renovated into Kuppenheimer Hall.

O’Neil Hall (1963 – 1993)

Constructed in 1963 as a residence hall for 65 students, this dormitory lived near Conant Pond.

Olsen Hall (formerly T-Hall)

The original Olsen Hall began as a dining hall (1938 to 1947) but was then converted into a residence hall called T-Hall in 1959. The building’s name was changed to Olsen Hall in 1963 in honor of Herluf V. Olsen, who was a member of the Board of Trustees. This first Olsen Hall was destroyed by fire in 1969.

A new Olsen Hall was quickly built across the street from its original location. The new Olsen Hall was an all-female dorm for many years. Olsen Hall was renovated in 2008 and is now a co-ed dorm. The entire building is heated and cooled with a geo-thermal system so that no fossil fuel is used in the process.

Remillard Hall

Built in 2000, this is named for Arthur Remillard, Jr., president and chairman of the Commerce Group and former member of the Nichols Board of Trustees. It accommodates 150 students and sits south of Budleigh.

Conant Hall (aka Dudley Inn)

Conant Hall was built by Hezekiah Conant, a former student, and Nichols Academy Trustee, in 1885 to replace a boarding house destroyed by fire in 1883. The building cost nearly $15,000 and was named for Roger Conant, an ancestor of Hezekiah. Conant Hall was originally a residence facility for Academy students, and during the summers a hotel for visitors. The top two floors of the building contained rooms for students, each with its own fireplace. The main floor of the building served as a student lounge. There was a dining hall and kitchen in the basement. One modern convenience Conant Hall lacked was indoor plumbing. Students used indoor outhouses, located between each floor. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the building was used as an inn during the summer months. In the 1960s, the building was converted to offices. Today Conant Hall is home to faculty offices, and Academic Affairs. It is located in between Academy Hall and the congregational church.

Life – continued
Conant Hall in 2023.

Shamie Hall

Shamie Hall was built in 1991 as part of the “Campaign for Nichols.” It is named after Ray and Edna Shamie, friends and generous benefactors of the college. At the time, it was the largest residence hall, housing 246 students. Shamie Hall is currently considered a freshman dorm, located in the southwestern area of campus, accessible from Healy Road.

Smith Hall (1960 – 1996)

Smith Hall was constructed during the period of 1959 to 1966 when the college erected four new dormitories, including Underhill, Goodell and O’Neil. Located next to Merrill Hall, it housed 42 students.

South Hall

In 2007, this single-level building was erected. It is located within the heart of the residential community and supports a small number of residential students. The building is also the home to Health and Counseling Services.


T-Hall was originally a dining hall from 1938 to 1947 and converted into a residence hall in 1959. The building’s name was changed to Olsen Hall in 1963. This structure was later destroyed by a fire in 1969.

Underhill Hall (1961 – 1993)

Underhill Hall was constructed in 1961 next to Goodell. Named for Arthur J. C. Underhill, a former member of the Board of Trustees. The building had accommodations for 42 students, a residence director’s apartment, a study and lounge room and a game room.


When Lowell Smith arrived at Nichols in 1978, the college was reaching resident capacity. He converted nearby Dudley Hill houses into campus residences, fit to hold eleven to twenty students. Houlberg, Justinian, Chisholm, Fuller, Winston, and Gurnett Houses were offered – mainly to female students. The popularity of this residence option declined shortly after the year 2000. Only Winston House remains part of the campus.

The previous information has been sourced from Nichols Academy: The Spring on the Hill 1815 - 1931, by James L. Conrad Jr., PhD, Nichols: A College for the Hill 1931 - 1996, by James L. Conrad Jr., PhD, the Nichols College Library Archives and Jim Douglas, former director of the Conant Library.


Nelson “Nellie” Durland ’62

Remembering Goodell Hall construction started in 1960. It was completed in the summer of 1961. Forty-two students moved in September 1961. I was elected the first president of Goodell Hall from in 1961. Mr. Robert Parsons and his wife lived in the apartment upstairs. It was the newest dorm on campus at the time. It overlooked the football field.

Peter Johnson ’67

I lived in the Black Tavern Annex from 1964-67. It had nine rooms and seventeen students. For two years the same people lived there, and it was like a fraternity house. Coach Mike Vendetti was our house manager and for the most part left us alone. The building is still there but has been gutted and used for large gatherings. It was an experience that complimented my whole life on “The Hill,” and as a Bison.

Dan Stewart ’69

Merrill Hall was just an old tobacco barn… somehow growing legs getting from Connecticut to Dudley Hill. Or maybe it “thumbed” its way there…like so many of us did to get somewhere you really wanted to without a car. You could do that in 1965. But she was home – no, I would say even more than home. She became a big slice of my life, brief as it was. She was a smelly old girl, blending scents making olfactory glands jump to their tippy toes - fragrances that remain unique even today.

Shamie Hall, now exclusively a freshman dorm, in 2023.

But Merrill Hall from 1965 through 1969 was transformed into a complex of pride and involvement. It was the metamorphosis of a tobacco barn dorm to a tightly knit brotherhood of student government leaders, most having arrived as freshmen. As lowly underclassmen, we won the Nichols intramural touch football league crown by ripping it from the arms of the upperclassmen from Budleigh; this cemented the bond. A further testimony to its achievements was winning “Dorm of the Year” in the late 1960’s. And then there was the attempt to burn the whole thing down… with us in it! While Olsen was burned to ashes, our fire was put out. However, it’s impossible to forget the fire alarm blaring and the following edginess of the Merrill-men. There were a few of us in the dorm and I don’t recollect who put it out. Fortunately, no damage but the anxiety meter went to the max. A few of us rode a few circuits with Herbie our beloved security man somehow feeling that patrolling was important as our incident came directly on the heels of Olsen’s fiery end. But the point of all this is that knocking down the structure of Merrill Hall did not destroy cherished memories of our home. It did not erase the great friendships of our Merrill Hall brotherhood.

Tom O’Brien ’70

The story: In our junior year George Tucker ’70 and I bought a tabletop television at a used appliance store in Webster. It worked for about a week and then collected dust for the rest of the year. When clearing out of the dorm for summer break we didn’t know what to do with it. As so happened, we saw Herbie and yelled to him from our third-floor window in Budleigh, “Herb, do you want a TV?” as we impulsively pushed it out the window. It exploded when it hit the ground. Fortunately, no one got hurt. Picking up the pieces was a major chore. We endured Herb’s angry thrashing and he let it go at that. It was funny at the time.

Doug Stirling ’70

After finishing my sophomore year at Nichols I was fortunate to be hired by the greens superintendent for a summer job at the Nichols College Golf Course. My primary activities were cutting grass on the fairways and greens plus raking bunkers and running errands for the boss. The work was enjoyable as I was out in the sun and spent half my time driving the old tractor pulling multiple mowers. One afternoon while cutting the sloped sixth fairway, the tractor caught on fire. I was some distance from the maintenance shed, so I had to run and seek help. Unfortunately, we lost her. Soon after, while driving the white Ford golf club pickup I was observed laying rubber up the main road to campus and was fired.

That weekend I asked my former boss if I could borrow the pickup truck. I was moving from one of Bazzie’s multifamily houses in downtown Dudley up to Mr. Durkee’s farmhouse on the south side of campus. He generously consented. I was a married student so my father and father-in-law, Bill Kaiser ‘48, came to help us move.

After others unloaded some items, I stepped out of the truck to help with the refrigerator. Apparently, I didn’t set the parking brake and the truck started rolling down toward the road with me chasing after it. I watched the refrigerator bang back and forth.


The truck crossed the road, jumped over the stonewall and smashed into the front of the Forestry Building. No one was hurt but the truck was damaged, the refrigerator was totaled, and the building was quite banged up.

My father-in-law and I walked up to Hal Chalmers’ house to tell him the bad news and apologize for the accident. He was very gracious; the college and insurance company took care of all expenses. This incident is one of the many reasons I’ll always donate to the Nichols Fund.

Doug Stirling ’70 is seen here (on left) supporting the first Earth Day on campus.

Rick Sweet ’70

Olsen Hall was one of the older dorms on the Hill. It was situated between Budleigh and the Auditorium. The Field House was right behind it. Olsen was formerly called T-Hall. Professor Choo and his family lived in the apartment upstairs.

As a freshman, I lived on the third floor. It was considered a ‘senior’ floor. I had a senior roommate, Gary Tomlinson ’67. He was a good roommate and friend. Many seemed baffled as to how I got to live in room #306 - the best room in the dorm and on campus for that matter. To the right of me was the Mayor of the Hill and to the left was the Justinian Council President. The floor had varsity sport players and other senior class notables. They were good to this freshman although I did capture my share of ribbing.

Olsen had its own cast of characters. We were an all-male campus then and went to school on Saturdays. Everyone had to wear a jacket and tie to dinner. We were expected to act like future business leaders. Most jacket and tie combinations looked anything but professional, but no jacket and tie - no dinner.

There were nightly visitors. Students had side businesses to make a few dollars and would go dorm to dorm. One had ceramic beer mugs with the collage logo on it. You could have your name put on it as well. I bought one. Another student sold stationery with the collage logo and your P.O. address on the stationery and envelopes. Great to impress the girls back home. I bought that as well. Another would come quite often with various items for sale. I remember he came to my door with an armful of Van Heusen dress shirts. I didn’t want any dress shirts. He insisted I did. Rumor has it he had a special family background

in Boston. No sale from me. The best of all was nightly sandwiches and milk. The students would come to the dorm and yell “sandwiches and milk.” If you wanted a snack, you called them back, and they would come to your floor to sell the nightly offerings. It was a good break from studies or from watching Rowen and Martin’s Laugh-In My gig for making a few extra dollars was my manual Royal portable typewriter. I typed law briefs for $.50 a brief or term papers for $1.00 per page. I took typing in high school. As a Nichols freshman, you had to take the typing class as well. You could get out of the classes if you passed a few tests. I was pretty good at it and made a few dollars.

My roommate sophomore and junior year was Billy Gruber ’69. He was the Olsen Hall barber. He had all the equipment and made money giving haircuts. I recall President Cross calling a convocation of all students to the auditorium. He ranted about the length of our hair. “We did not look business like.” He demanded we cut our hair and if not, there would be consequences. I don’t remember what they were, but they got our attention. Doug Cameron ’69 in our dorm was so upset by this. Billy got his clippers. What started out as a close cut ended with a near bald Cameron.

The Olsen fire happened during my junior year. The Nichols College Fire Department was great as we know it could have been much worse. Eventually the new Olsen was finished, and we moved back together.

I lived off campus in Dudley during my senior year. My wife and I had a one-bedroom apartment near downtown Webster. The building was not much to look at, but we made our apartment comfortable. It cost $15.00 a week and included heat and hot water. My wife was a registered nurse and worked at a nearby hospital. She had a new 1969 Pontiac Firebird she bought after graduating nursing school. Our landlord gave us a garage for it at no charge. Life was good.

Graduation was bittersweet. We hated to leave Nichols, but we were educated businesspeople now and had to move on to the real world. I recall being with Rod Hamilton ’70 upstairs in the field house dressing in our caps and gowns.

There were many other memories that would require volumes to relate. So, I will end here saying I loved my years at Nichols. I loved my fellow students and the quality education that helped me immensely throughout my professional career.

Thank you for remembering with me.

Kim Coale ’74

I was a freshman at Nichols in 1970. My roommate John Barr ’74 and I were on the bottom floor of Goodell Hall. It was in February 1971. The ground was frozen. We got a huge rainstorm and ended up with about four inches of water in our room. About 2 o’clock in the morning, I hunted down Herbie. He opened the tool shed and offered me a pickax. I was able to dig a trench by our basement window and divert the water. The next three years my roommate and I lived in New Dorm, and it was quite a different experience. We were on the second floor.

Dorm Life – continued
From the 1965 Nichols College Viewbook. The caption was: “A student room in Smith Hall.”


In Olsen’s second floor lobby was a telephone booth with a coin operated phone. It was the only phone in the dorm. The phone would ring. Someone walking by would pick up the receiver. Often the phone would ring and ring until someone would come out of their room to answer it. The caller would ask for a student. The one who picked up the phone let the phone receiver hang and would go to the floor where that student lived and scream his name and say “telephone!” If the student was there, he would answer, “Coming!” If the student was not there someone would yell, “Not here!” The receiving student would go back to the phone and tell the caller that the student was not there and please call back.

If a student wanted to make a call it started with a dime coin put into the phone. He would dial the number, then the operator would answer and tell you how much money to put

into the phone for the first three minutes. If the call ran over, the operator would come back on and ask for more money for the call to continue. At the end, if you ran over, still the operator would come back on and ask for more money. Each coin had a specific sound when deposited so the operator could tell if you had paid enough. You had to have a lot of coins with you to make this work. Sometimes you didn’t have enough money and just hung up on the operator. What are you supposed to do?

If you had no money, you could call the operator and ask to place a ‘collect call.’ The operator would place the call and ask the person if they would accept the phone charges. If agreed, the receiver would be billed based on the length of the call. Great way to keep in touch with Mom and Dad.

Student using hallway telephone in 1964. The old Olsen Hall in 1965 from the 1965 Nichols Viewbook; the new Olsen Hall building in 2023.



Class Champion: Kent Tarrant



Class Champion: Charlie Howe



Class Champion: Dan Tomassetti


Dan Tomassetti ’64 is looking forward to the 60th Class Reunion this fall!

Ed Mazzetta ’64

Over 40 years in sales and management leadership positions in the electrical equipment industry, including General Electric. Ed acquired his master’s in business administration from Pace University. Post retirement, he is consulting for ESS Metron, custom electrical products for oil & gas industry. He is making the most of life on a lake in Connestee Falls, in Brevard, North Carolina. Ed enjoys kayaking, fishing, hiking, and golfing. His grandson Max will be starting freshman year this fall at Nichols - third generation Bison!


Class Champion: Rick Blankley



Class Champion: Phil Collins


Lunch at Federal Jack’s, Kennebunkport, Maine in February. From front left around the

MacPhie ’70, Brent Broszeit MBA ’02, Ken Burr ’65, Chris Ratte ’11, Nicole Ratte ’11, Peter Johnson ’67, David Jones ’67, Dave Lombard ’65 and Glenn Hood ’68.

“Three Townies” (right to left) Rene Langevin ’64, Ed Dalterio ’62 and Joe Smalarz ’66. Picture recently taken at Point Breeze Restaurant & Lounge on Webster Lake.

This trio got re-united after sixty years of following their own path. They are also classmates from Bartlett High School, Webster, class of 1958. Rene retired after decades of coaching, football and lacrosse at Nichols and as athletic director at Bartlett. He is a member of both Nichols and Bartlett athletic hall of fame. Ed retired after forty years at Black & Decker, rising to vice president of global marketing for the Industrial Group. He remains active both as an advisor to several major global manufacturers and as a commissioner on the strategic planning commission in Southbury, Connecticut. Joe had a successful career in banking, retiring as president, CEO and board chairman of Middlesex Bank in Massachusetts. He is still active as a CPA, tax advisor and investor.

Roy Garizio ’67

My wife Sharon and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary by taking the kids and grandkids to Italy for two weeks. We started in Rome and then went to Florence where we rented a house. We had a wonderful celebration and created memories that will hopefully last long after we are gone. Life is a gift - don’t return it unopened!

Mike Runyon ’67 met with scholarship recipient Mary Seabury ’24 in North Carolina this past winter. Seabury recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration concentrating on Digital and Social Media Marketing and is currently working on her master’s degree in organizational leadership. Seabury is also successfully employed as a marketing manager at Paragus Strategic I.T., in Worcester.

Bob Rulli ’68

Bob visited campus recently to share memories about his brother Jesse Rulli ’66 who passed away last June. Bob recalls a unique bond formed around their competitive spirit in sports. Both Jesse and Bob are members of the Nichols College Hall of Fame for baseball and basketball. Jesse completed twenty-five years in the United States Air Force, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. After graduating in May 1968, Bob was drafted that November and served five years with the United States Navy. He received a Gallantry Cross medal for his actions with the Construction Battalion in Vietnam. He fondly remembers Mark Grigsby ’68 as being the ‘manager of all sports’ and a very special person on campus. Mark died in Vietnam while trying to assist a wounded soldier. Bob included Mark in his Hall of Fame accepted speech in 1980, “…And I can’t forget the best basketball shot I ever competed with: the late Mark Grigsby, team manager. Mark was always there with words of encouragement, with praise, with tape, and ice. And could he shoot – he couldn’t run, but he could shoot HORSE. Looing back, I remember Mark as someone I took for granted. Now I realized how important he was and how much he meant to the team, and how much he meant to me.” The proud previous owner of Bob’s Consignment House still lives in Dudley.

table: Rod



Class Champion:

Robert “Kuppy” Kuppenheimer 4627 Tremont Lane

Corona del Mar, CA 92625

Kuppy is looking forward to the 55th Class Reunion this fall!

Robert Mayer ’69 enjoys being an umpire in the Fort Myers area, including several senior softball associations.

Rob Savage ’69 and Jack Hills ’69 enjoying lunch in Florida in January.

Jack Hills ’69 and partner Scott Beach traveled to Indonesia. They spent most of the time on a boat, snorkeling in Raja Ampat. They saw the ‘very strange’ tasselled wobbegong carpet shark (look it up!) and the wonderment of bird on the island of Waigeo.


Class Champion: Jim Mulcunry

A group of Budleigh boys visited France in 2012. They visited Normandy, took a barge trip through Burgundy and spent a couple of days in Paris.


Class Champion:

Mark Alexander

On April 8, while on holiday in Hilton Head with friends, Mark Alexander ’72 chartered a private jet to Indiana to watch the eclipse – great experience.


Class Champion: Jay Reese

Charlie Collins ’73 and his wife Patricia had the opportunity to watch Bison baseball in Georgetown, Texas during the team’s spring break and meet coach Tim Mayo.


Class Champion: Rob Keating

Kim Coale ’74 is still rockin’ with the “Blood Brothers” fifty years later in western Massachusetts. Coale recalls

playing in a trio with Bison basketball stars Bobby Payton ’73 and Greg Pogue ’73. They played at the Bison Den several times. Bobby sang and Greg played guitar. Pictured left to right: Jeff Devlin, college student; Tim Tomko, landscape architect; Jeff Sullivan, founder New Valley Bank; Bruce Devlin, estate and tax attorney; Coale; Andy Phillips, elementary school teacher.

Everett Shepard ’74 and Terry Grant ’74 catching up at breakfast. In addition to being classmates, they are former co-workers at State Mutual Life (former Allmerica Financial, now The Hanover Group). They haven’t seen each other since Terry moved to Arizona over thirty years ago.

While working on 50th reunion plans, Kurt Harrington ’74 finds this letter. He admits he could still improve his penmanship.


Volume 5, Issue 1 Spring/Summer 2024


Chrissy Manzi ’92 Director of Alumni & Family Engagement

Staff Contributors

Kevin Chetwynd ’22 MBA ’24 MSOL ’24

Susan Veshi

Design Dean Roussel

Nichols College P.O. Box 5000 123 Center Road Dudley, MA, 01571-5000

Alumni Office


8 AM-4:30 PM. M-F

Left to Right: Burt Corkum, Tim Danahy and George Tucker. Left to Right: Tom O’Brien, Burt Corkum, George Tucker and Tim Danahy.
The Golden Bison Bulletin is published twice a year by the alumni office at

Interested in helping Nichols keep classmates connected? Become a class champion!

If you don’t see a class champion listed for your class year then the job could be yours! Not too much heavy lifting and a lot of fun.

Contact Chrissy Manzi ’92 508-213-2218

Making a planned gift to Nichols or including the college in your estate plan supports countless opportunities for continued growth.

Scan QR code or visit


45th Annual Nichols College Alumni Golf Tournament

July 20, 2024

Alumni Social on Cape Cod Allen Harbor Yacht Club, Harwich Port

July 24, 2024

Nichols College Football Champions Reunion Celebrating Teams

1973 1974 1975 1976 1978

September 14, 2024

Homecoming and Reunion Weekend

September 20 – 21, 2024

President’s Society Dinner

October 18, 2024

Interested in other alumni events? Reconnect with classmates by scanning the QR code or visiting

Do you have an idea for a

Send your thoughts to Chrissy Manzi ’92, Director of Alumni & Family Engagement

feature story
Bison Bulletin?
in an upcoming Golden

Turn static files into dynamic content formats.

Create a flipbook
Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.