SUNDAY, JUNE 4
1:00 – 7:00 PM REGISTRATION
3:45 – 4:45 PM FIRESIDE CHATS
3:45 – 4:45 PM CHAPTER LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
6:30 – 8:30 PM WELCOME RECEPTION
MONDAY, JUNE 5
7:15 – 8:00 AM FIRST TIME ATTENDEE BREAKFAST (By Invite Only)
7:30 – 8:30 AM BREAKFAST
7:30 AM – 4:30 PM REGISTRATION Sponsored by
8:00 – 9:30 AM OPENING GENERAL SESSION & KEYNOTE ADDRESS Sponsored by
9:30 AM – 12:00 PM BUSINESS EXCHANGE
10:45 AM – NOON EDUCATION SESSIONS
12:15 – 1:15 PM PRIMA’S AWARDS LUNCHEON & PRESENTATION
1:15 – 2:15 PM DESSERT RECEPTION IN THE BUSINESS EXCHANGE
1:15 – 3:00 PM BUSINESS EXCHANGE
2:15 – 4:15 PM EDUCATION SESSIONS
TUESDAY, JUNE 6
7:30 – 8:30 AM BREAKFAST
7:30 AM – 4:30 PM REGISTRATION
8:00 – 9:00 AM TUESDAY KEYNOTE ADDRESS
9:30 AM – 2:00 PM BUSINESS EXCHANGE
9:45 AM – 12:30 PM EDUCATION SESSIONS
12:30 – 2:00 PM LUNCH IN THE BUSINESS EXCHANGE Sponsored by
2:00 – 4:15 PM EDUCATION SESSIONS
7:00 – 10:00 PM PRIMA’S SIGNATURE SOCIAL EVENT Sponsored by WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7
8:00 – 9:00 AM BREAKFAST
8:00 – 11:00 AM REGISTRATION Sponsored by
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDUCATION SESSIONS
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM KEYNOTE LUNCH AND LEARN Sponsored by
VISIT CONFERENCE.PRIMACENTRAL.ORG | 7
PRIMA’s Annual Conference education sessions share best practices and cover timely topics impacting today’s public risk manager. The education content varies from risk management basics to emerging trends in the profession. Education sessions are offered as 30-minute cram sessions and traditional 1.25 hour classroom sessions.
See below for a sneak peek at the 2023 education sessions in Long Beach!
ADVANCED RISK MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATION
• A Unique Approach to a Captive in the Public Sector
• Creating Value through Enterprise Risk Management
• Future Trend Challenges You Might Not Anticipate
• Local Government Goes to Washington: Supreme Court Cases Affecting Local Government Entities and Officials
• Measuring the Effectiveness of Risk Mitigation Strategies
• Teamwork Makes the Cyber Risk Dream Work
• When Crisis Hits Your City
• Wholistic Cyber Risk Management
• Your Black Swan Is Someone Else’s Gray Rhino
BASIC RISK MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATION
• Award-Winning Ideas and Lessons from PRMYs
• Building a Culture of Risk Management
• Demystifying Actuarial Reports: A Non-Technical Approach to Understanding Your Claims Experience
• Enhance your Organization’s Risk Management Diet with ERM Vitamins!
• Navigating the Changing Landscape of Law Enforcement Liability
• Shining A Light: How to Hire and Compensate Your Broker While Guaranteeing Full Transparency
• State of the Market and Risk Mitigation Solutions for Public Entities
• Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening?
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS/HUMAN RESOURCES
• Being More Emotionally Intelligent: Improving Relationships & Reducing Stress
• Catching Zzzzzzzz’s and the Workplace
• Developing Next Gen for Risk & Insurance Careers
• Managing Risk in Employee Benefit Plans
• Putting a Plug in the Brain Drain: Employee Retention
• Solve Harassment, Bullying & Aggression at Work: A Few Case Studies
• What’s Your Point: Communicating for Greater Influence
• Your Role in Creating a Workplace Culture of Civility and Respect
• Don’t Manage Vendors: Elevate Strategic Partners
• Employment Practices: You Have Headaches? We Have Solutions
• Going the Distance: Fleet Management for Public Entities
• The Basics of Accident Reconstruction and Evidence Preservation
• What’s Next for Qualified Immunity?
• When Tweets Go Too Far: Public Employees and the First Amendment
• Why Are You Afraid to REALLY Address Distracted Driving?
8 | PRIMA’S 2023 ANNUAL CONFERENCE | JUNE 4–7, 2023 | LONG BEACH, CA
Practical Approach to Contractual Risk Transfer
• A Primer on Certificates of Insurance: It’s All in the Details!
• Cyber Coverage: Congratulations, You Have It…But Do You Know How to Use It?
• Don’t Pay Twice! Indemnification, Contractual Liability & Additional Insured
• Property and Casualty Pricing for 2024
• Pool Information Exchange
• Risk Manager and Broker: They Are Best Friends!
• Social Inflation: Resurgence, Measurement and Mitigation Strategies
• Take the Dive: Risk Pools v. Private Insurance
• Armed or Unarmed Educators: The Debate Intensifies
• Fundamentals of Risk Management for Law Enforcement
• Liability for Police Encounters with Citizens with Physical and Mental Disabilities
• ERM Roundtable
• Mental Health in the Workplace: Individual Challenge or Business Imperative?
• Police Body Worn Camera Video Review as a Risk Management Tool
• Preventing the Crisis in Law Enforcement
• Sexual Misconduct Allegations: An Ever-Changing Legal Landscape
• What is MFA and is it Really THAT important?
• Accident Investigation in the Workplace
• Addressing Public Entities Biggest Workers’ Compensation Challenges
• Establishing a Whole Person Recovery Mindset in Workers’ Compensation
• Harnessing the Injured Worker’s Influence on Claim Outcomes
• Having Fun with Culture Development
• How Claims Strategies Can Elevate Your Organizational Reputation and Visibility Within the Community
• The Key Components of a Successful Return-to-Work Program
• Understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and How Best to Manage It
• Using AI/Machine Learning to Predict Medical Exposure for Claims
VISIT CONFERENCE.PRIMACENTRAL.ORG | 9
In Long Beach, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with exhibitors ready to learn what you need to make your job easier, more streamlined and cost-effective.
ADA Site Compliance
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
Aon Risk Solutions
Apex Insurance Services
AS&G Claims Administration, Inc.
AssetWorks Risk Mgmt, Inc.
CBIZ Valuation Group, LLC
ClearRisk Company Nurse
Employer Advisory Services
HCA Asset Management
Injury Management Organization, Inc.
Innovative Claims Strategies LLC
Intact Insurance Public Entities
McGriff Insurance Services
Midwest Employers Casualty
Momentum Engineering Corp.
Moody Neurorehabilitation Institute
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
Napa River Insurance Services
Old Republic General Insurance Group
Origami Risk LLC
P&C Insurance Systems, Inc.
Praxis Claims Consulting
ProCare Transportation & Language Services
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions
Safety National Sedgwick
Select Actuarial Services
Select Medical Servpro Industries, LLC
State and Local Government Benefits Association
Texas NeuroRehab Center
Tokio Marine HCC
Trident Public Risk Solutions
Tristar Insurance Group
USI Insurance Services
Ventiv Technology, Inc.
Westwood Restoration Wilber Group
Willis Towers Watson US LLC
YOUNG & Associates
INSIDE THE BUSINESS EXCHANGE
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR PAST EXHIBITORS: SHOW HOURS MONDAY, JUNE 5 9:30 AM – NOON 1:00 – 3:00 PM TUESDAY, JUNE 6 9:00 AM – 2:00PM
10 | PRIMA’S 2023 ANNUAL CONFERENCE | JUNE 4–7, 2023 | LONG BEACH, CA
Renaissance Long Beach
Westin Long Beach
conference activities, unless otherwise noted, will be at the
Convention and Entertainment Center.
has secured a negotiated rate at the
Regency, Renaissance, and
asks that you stay at the following contracted hotels: HOTEL & CONFERENCE REGISTRATION REGISTRATION CATEGORIES EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION RATES (BEFORE APRIL 3) REGULAR RATES (AFTER APRIL 3) ONSITE PRIMA Government Member $660 $760 $785 Government Non-Member $860 $960 $985 PRIMA Corporate Affiliate Member $750 $860 $885 Corporate Non-Member $960 $1,035 $1,085 Conference Registration Includes: • Conference materials
Admittance to all educational and general sessions
Admittance to PRIMA’s Business Exchange
Breakfast and lunch, Monday–Wednesday
Welcome Reception and Awards Luncheon
Tuesday Night’s Signature Event PRIMA23 Attendee Conference Pricing Visit conference.primacenterl.org for information on PRIMA’s housing policy, getting around Long Beach and special accommodations.
Miles/3-minute walk to Convention Center
Rate: $249 + state and local taxes
Hyatt Regency Long Beach
200 South Pine Avenue,
miles/4 minute walk to Convention Center
Rate: $239 + state and local taxes
111 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802 .2
333 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802 .4 Miles/8-minute walk to Convention Center
state and local taxes PRIMA Members save $200 on conference registration! Not a PRIMA member? E-mail email@example.com and start saving TODAY! VISIT CONFERENCE.PRIMACENTRAL.ORG | 11 REGISTER AT conference.primacentral.org
Room Rate: $249 +