VICTORY! Tomassini Wins Gold “I started to cry. I knew that as long as I tried my hardest, that’s all that mattered.”
Meet Our New CEO Kendell R. Sprott, MD, JD Kendell R. Sprott, MD, JD, has been named chief executive officer of Matheny. Dr. Sprott, both a physician and attorney, has been a member of the faculty at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School since 1984, most recently serving as senior associate dean for clinical affairs. He has also served as acting chair of the Department of Pediatrics and vice chair and director of community pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
to work effectively with a wide array of organizations and instituted a number of innovative solutions. As the new CEO at Matheny, Dr. Sprott and his leadership team will be responsible for expanding Matheny’s capabilities and services against the backdrop of a changing healthcare environment. We are confident that Dr. Sprott has the expertise to guide Matheny in a winning direction that will ensure future growth and prosperity.” After 30 very successful and productive years at the New Jersey Medical School, Dr. Sprott is looking forward to a new challenge at Matheny. “I am honored,” he said, “to join the Matheny family, a group of individuals committed to the service and compassionate care of patients with complex needs.”
Kendell R. Sprott, MD, JD
Dr. Sprott assumed his new duties December 1, succeeding Steven Proctor, who is retiring after 16 years as CEO. Edana Desatnick and Bruce Fisher, co-chairs of Matheny’s Board of Trustees, expressed confidence that Dr. Sprott, “will continue to build on the solid foundation put in place by Steve Proctor. At Rutgers,” they added, “Dr. Sprott was instrumental in successfully integrating the clinical services of UMDNJ and Rutgers University. He demonstrated an outstanding ability
Dr. Sprott received a B.S. degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta, his MD from UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School (now Rutgers) and his JD degree from the Rutgers School of Law in Newark. He has also served in the Department of Pediatrics at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; Muhlenberg Hospital in Plainfield; and Children’s Hospital of New Jersey, which became part of Newark Beth Israel when United Hospitals closed in 1997. He was chair of the Governor’s Council of Children’s Service Planning from July 1989-May 1994 and was a recipient of the Thurgood Marshall Award for Excellence (2005), City News 100 Most Influential in New Jersey (1997), the Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence (1995) and the Child Advocacy Award from the National Black Child Development Institute (1990).
He is currently a member of the board of directors and/or trustees of the Rutgers Community Health Foundation, Children’s Future, Advocates for Children of New Jersey and the Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition. Dr. Sprott and his wife, Donna, also a physician, reside in Plainfield, NJ.
Board of Trustees Co-Chairs Edana Desatnick Bruce Fisher Vice Chair William A. Krais, Esq. President Kendell R. Sprott, MD, JD Members at Large Kenneth Alter Thomas Belding Gary E. Eddey, MD Brian Foley Liz Geraghty Peter M. Holloway Linda Horton Daniel F. McLaughlin Maddalena Minardi August Pellegrini Gary Squires Gerald Sydell, DDS David Szott Lawrence Thornton Trustees Emeritus Sally Chubb Gretchen W. Johnson Gordon A. Millspaugh, Jr. Sandra Stark
Neighbors learn about Matheny
Our New Brand!
Children and adults from Peapack-Gladstone and surrounding communities experienced riding in wheelchairs . . . met some of the Matheny students and patients . . . and learned about Matheny’s Arts Access Program and how it works.
With this issue of Matheny Matters we are pleased to introduce you to our new brand identity, represented primarily in our new logo and tagline. The old logo served us well but our services have expanded and evolved so much over the past several years we decided to revitalize our brand to better reflect the scope, spirit, and personality of what Matheny is today.
It was all part of an informal activity-filled Sunday afternoon in the Robert Schonhorn Arts Center, designed to introduce some of the entertaining aspects of the various therapies that play such a central role in Matheny’s mission of improving the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities.
Debbie Infusino of Gladstone rides on the therapy horse.
It was also a time when community residents and Matheny staff members could get to know each other better in a very informal, open atmosphere. Those in attendance thought the event should be repeated, and Matheny is already planning to have another similar program in the spring.
Elizabeth Simpson of Gladstone tries out a power wheelchair.
You will notice a modernized design; one that we feel satisfies all of the existing expectations of what our original mark stood for, while simultaneously moving the brand forward. We’ve retained the tree imagery, representing growth and stability, but it has been enlivened with fresh colors and a subtle representation of the many people who are part of the Matheny community (look for the people in the tree). We have also devised a tagline, Enriching Lives. Growing Abilities, which is reflective of what we do every day. You’ll soon be seeing our new branding on our publications, correspondence, and when we launch our new website.
Outpatient Services Expert Care with Compassion
For people with disabilities, a visit to the doctor or dentist can be filled with fear and confusion if that practitioner or the office staff is not accustomed to taking care of special needs patients. Not so at the Matheny Center of Medicine and Dentistry where our warm and sensitive staff makes the entire office visit comfortable for both patient and caregiver. The Matheny Center of Medicine and Dentistry (MCMD) was opened in 2003 to help an underserved population – children and adults with developmental disabilities who were having difficulty finding doctors and dentists who understood how to care for them. Today, the MCMD takes care of over 800 patients annually through a full range of outpatient health services -- medical, dental, therapeutic and assistive technology services -- all conveniently located in one facility. It is one of only a few outpatient facilities in the region designed for, and dedicated to, the healthcare needs of both adults and children with developmental disabilities such as cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, and spina bifida. We believe that children and adults who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care, and we are committed to making their entire visit a positive experience, treating each patient with dignity and compassion. For more information about services at the MCMD, Call (908) 234-0011, ext. 785
Matheny’s #GIVINGTUESDAY Campaign Extended Through February 16 When you make a contribution to Matheny’s #GIVING TUESDAY campaign, you will be giving a gift to a family that can’t be purchased in a store. Funds raised will support the Matheny Center of Medicine and Dentistry, where New Jersey’s kids, teens and adults with disabilities come for the best care possible. Unfortunately, less than 50% of the cost of that care is covered by insurance. But Matheny remains steadfast in our mission to meet that need regardless of the patient’s ability to pay for it. You can help fill that gap with your donation.
Matheny’s #GIVING TUESDAY campaign will remain open until February 16, 2015. Visit our website and follow the link from the #GIVING TUESDAY announcement. Or contact Janice Kriegman at 908-234-0011, ext. 315.
Taking the Fear Out
Larissa Garcia with Mengchi Steven Yang, DDS.
of Going to the Dentist
When Larissa Garcia was born, everything seemed normal. Then, a few days later, she had difficulty breathing. Genetic tests revealed that she had Trisomy 13, a chromosomal condition associated with severe intellectual disability and physical abnormalities in many parts of the body. Because of the life-threatening medical problems that present themselves shortly after birth, many Trisomy 13 patients don’t survive past infancy, but Larissa is now nine years old and attending school in Mount Olive, NJ. Finding dental care for someone with Larissa’s condition, however, was a problem until her family discovered the dental clinic at the Matheny Center of Medicine and Dentistry during a visit to The Matheny School four years ago. “I was crazy,” her mother, Rosemary Wood recalls. “I was wondering, ‘Where am I going to take her for a dentist?’”
Going to the dentist is a stressful experience under any circumstances, but for someone with Larissa’s disability, it could be frightening. At Matheny, says Wood, “They’re so caring. Everybody makes her comfortable. Dr. Yang, the dentist, is so patient. If she starts screaming, he says, ‘All right, Larissa, we’ll give you a break.’ He’s a really great guy. It means a lot to me.”
“We just love it at Matheny. Everybody is so compassionate. It makes a difference in Larissa’s life because she has gone through so much.”
The Matheny Center of Medicine and Dentistry specializes in healthcare for people with mild to severe developmental and intellectual disabilities in an outpatient setting. Dental services and treatment include x-rays, cleanings, treatment of cavities, extractions, restorative dentistry, oral surgery and root canals. Services are provided in partnership with the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine.
- Rosemary Wood
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
Shaleena (center) wearing her medals, celebrates with Matheny staff members. Clockwise, from left, recreation therapist Stephanie Reale, nurse Pearl Chiang, director of recreation therapy Sean Bielefeldt and social worker Kelly Haldaman.
Matheny Adult Resident Excels at USA Special Olympics Matheny adult resident Shaleena Tomassini won gold medals in the 400-meter and 200-meter wheelchair races at the USA Special Olympic Games held this past June in Princeton.
a range of recreation choices to improve physical, emotional, cognitive and social well-being. Students, patients and community residents are encouraged to partake in several adaptive sports teams throughout the year, including track and field, adaptive karate and power wheelchair soccer.
Tomassini, the first Matheny patient to qualify for the national games, also won a silver medal in the shot put and 4th place in the 100-meter race. “It really hit me during the opening ceremony that I had made the team,” she told her fellow residents and staff members at Matheny. “I started to cry. I knew that as long as I tried my hardest, that’s all that mattered. Now, I want to go to the World Games.” The next Special Olympics World Summer Games will be held in July 2015 in Los Angeles. Participation in Special Olympics is an important part of Matheny’s recreation therapy program, which provides
Shaleena (left) with her Team New Jersey coach Jeri Hickey.
Matheny Artists Visit VNA of Somerset Hills
Jess Evans and Yasin Reddick.
For several years, artwork created by artists in Matheny’s Arts Access Program has been hanging throughout the Adult Day Center of the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills in Basking Ridge NJ. “We are thrilled to have the Arts Access artwork here,” said Maria M. Keenan, VNA Adult Day Center manager. “Our patients may not be able to put in words what the artwork means to them, but you can see the enthusiasm in their eyes.” This past September, two Arts Access artists visited the VNA and spoke about their artwork and life at Matheny to a group of VNA members who come regularly to the Day Center. Jess Evans pointed out that, in addition to painting, she dances, choreographs, writes drama, directs plays and acts. She told the Day Center patients, “I would like to dance for you one day.” Yasin Reddick said he writes stories, plays and is working on his autobiography. He paints and also creates computer-generated digital art. “I don’t let my disability stop me from doing anything,” he added. Evans interjected that, “Anyone can paint, even you guys.”
“Knowing that their work is on display is a matter of pride for our artists and gives them a sense of accomplishment“, noted Eileen Murray, director of the Matheny Arts Access Program. “Coordinating exhibits such as the display at the VNA is just one of the many ways Matheny provides opportunities for our patients and students to integrate within the community.” The Matheny Arts Access Program has several exhibits within galleries and businesses across the state, and all of the work is for sale. Sales of the artwork or any licensed Arts Access products, such as scarves, ties, and notecards, directly benefit our artists and the mission of Matheny to improve the lives of people with developmental disabilities. For information on purchasing artwork or hosting an exhibit, contact Haeree Park at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spiderweb by Jess Evans
Untitled by TJ Christian
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
For an Immigrant from Liberia,
Working at Matheny is “Like Family”
Weyatta Golafaly came to the United States from Liberia in 2006 through the USA Green Card’s Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery, also known as the “Green Card Lottery”. She was living with her in-laws in East Orange, NJ, when she heard about the Matheny Medical and Educational Center from a fellow countrywoman, Jebbeh Gunone, who was already employed by Matheny. In April 2006, Golafaly, now a resident of Budd Lake, NJ, began working as a personal care assistant on Matheny’s red zone, home to adult residents. Matheny’s students and patients need a maximum amount of assistance in many areas, including eating, transferring, bathing, dressing, oral hygiene and toileting. These functions are carried out by PCAs. “I had never seen people with cerebral palsy before,” Golfaly recalls. But she quickly adapted. She enjoys interacting with Matheny’s students and patients. “My days at Matheny are awesome,” she says. “It’s like family here. You really bond with the patients.” Golafaly was selected to participate in a series of management courses at Rutgers School of Continuing Education. These courses, she says, taught her about team building. “In team building,” she explains, “every job is counted and respected because every department is highly needed in a company.” In addition,
Weyatta Golafaly with Matheny adult resident Amy Lambert.
Golafaly has received special training as a mentor to new PCAs through a comprehensive program that was introduced in 2013, and has been named one of two lead PCAs on the red zone. Golafaly, according to Kathleen D’Urso, red zone unit nurse manager, “has been a great asset to the red zone and has performed at an exemplary level. She is a professional, wellrespected member of the team.”
“I Love My Job”
Volunteering Leads to Staff Position Eight years ago, Rose Sherman began volunteering at Matheny. Now, she greets volunteers from the community when they come to visit or participate in special recreational activities. A resident of nearby Bernardsville, NJ, Sherman had been working as a substitute teacher at both the Bedwell Elementary School and Bernards Middle School when she heard about an opening for an instructor in Matheny’s Adult Services Program. She applied for the job, was hired and can’t imagine working anywhere else. “I really enjoy the relationship that I can build with the adults,” she says. “We work together to achieve a goal. I love it when the patients get very excited about a project, such as having a fundraiser to support our community garden or making a sale in the community garden. And it’s also nice to see how excited they get when volunteers come in, especially when they can interact one-on-one with the volunteers and build new friendships. Matheny is a great place. I love my job.”
A particularly enjoyable volunteer experience occurred this past fall when a team of volunteers from Bridgewater, NJ-based Sanofi came to Matheny to help the adults decorate pumpkins for Rose Sherman and adult resident Luis Carmona. Halloween. It’s part of a volunteer effort at the diversified global healthcare company called Season of Solidarity, which encompasses more than 200 initiatives across North America.
Clockwise, from bottom right: Matheny adult residents, Rasheedah Mahali, Tony Santia and Natalie Tomastyk and Sanofi volunteers Terri Pedone, Deborah McGarrity, Anita McDonnell and Janeen Goodrich.
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
Intangibles in the Classroom Making Students Smile
Dawn Williams with student Joshua Rincon during a visit to the Peapack-Gladstone firehouse.
“Teaching at Matheny,” says Dawn Williams, “requires more than simply instructing students about English, math, science and social studies.” Williams embraces those intangibles that make a special education teacher truly special. She’s perfectly willing to be a little foolish just to make her students smile. For example, she sees nothing wrong with painting her feet green and running across the classroom on St. Patrick’s Day, pretending to be a leprechaun. She also once made the outside of her classroom look like a life-size gingerbread house. “I comfort them when they’re upset,” she says. “I laugh with them when something is funny. I believe in them, and, most of all, I never look at them as students with disabilities.”
Perhaps that’s why Williams was nominated this year as Matheny’s Educator of the Year. She currently teaches the preschool class, but she has also worked with middle school and high school students. “Matheny,” Williams says, “has changed my life for the better. Not only is it the most challenging job I have ever experienced, but it is also the most rewarding.” Sean Murphy, Matheny School principal, says Williams is, “a very patient and compassionate individual who takes each student’s unique goals, needs and interests into account every day. She takes extra steps to ensure that each student is in a safe and comfortable environment that fits his or her needs.” Williams discovered Matheny when her assistive technology class at Centenary College in Hackettstown, NJ, visited the Matheny School. “I remember leaving the school and telling myself I would be a teacher there one day.” After graduating from college in 2012, she was subbing at three schools, including Matheny, when she was offered a full-time job.
Learn New Ways of Communicating “What happens when a mailman gets old? He loses his zip.” That’s one of several riddles programmed onto Chet Cheesman’s communications device, which he demonstrated recently to three nursing students from Seton Hall University. The nursing students were visiting Matheny’s Adult Learning Center in Hillsborough, NJ, as part of a community nursing program that requires Bachelor of Nursing candidates to spend time at a variety of community nursing settings. “You never know what you’re going to have to be able to do,” explained Jenna Mason, one of the students. “We want to cover all bases.” Cheesman, who lives in one of Matheny’s community residences, communicates through a device called the ECO2. He accesses his device by using a single switch placed on his laptray. The device auto scans through the icons, and, when a light gets to the icon he wants, he hits his switch to activate the area. In addition to visiting with Cheesman, the students learned how other Matheny non-verbal adults
Chet’s ECO2 communications device.
communicate. In some cases, that meant trying to understand an eye-gazing system. “It helps us to see what some of the obstacles are,” said Tara Gillespie, “and how to overcome them.”
Chet Cheesman programs some riddles for Seton Hall nursing students, from left, Yasamin Brown, Tara Gillespie and Jenna Mason.
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
2014 Honor Roll of Donors We are honored to recognize individuals, organizations, corporations and foundations for their generosity during Fiscal Year 2014. Your compassion and commitment to our mission truly makes a meaningful difference in the lives of the children and adults we serve.
Thank You! The donor list below represent gifts received between July 1, 2013 thru June 30, 2014.
Benefactors Circle [25,000 +] • Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation • Friends of Matheny • Johnson & Johnson • Somerset County Companies Healthcare Fund • Poses Family Foundation
• Lewis Brounell Charitable Trust • Mr. and Mrs. Jim and Carol Longley • Mr. and Mrs. Daniel McLaughlin • Ms. Ann S. Miller • Partlow Insurance Agency • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Patchett • Patrick’s Pals Foundation • Peapack Gladstone Bank • Porzio Bromberg & Newman P.C. • Provident Bank Foundation • SJP Properties • The Tustin Group • Mr. and Mrs. Frank Walsh, Jr. • Mrs. Ellen Lo and Mr. Danny Yu
[$10,000 - $24,999]
• The Blanche and Irving Laurie Foundation • Disability Rights New Jersey • Mr. and Mrs. Matthew and Barbara Golub • Jockey Hollow Foundation • John A. & Margaret Post Foundation • Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies • Morris & Clara Weshnak Family Foundation • NJ SIM Foundation • Summit Area Public Foundation • The Tyler Foundation
[$1,000 - $2,499]
Ambassadors Circle [$2,500 $9,999]
• Affinity Federal Credit Union Foundation • Dr. and Mrs. James Aragona • BP Products North America Foundation • Mr. and Mrs. James C. Brady, Jr. • Mrs. Dorothy Carpenter • Church & Dwight Employee Giving Fund • Day Pitney LLP • Delta Dental of New Jersey, Inc. • The Frank Foundation • Mr. Michael Frascella • Mrs. Betty W. Johnson • Knights of Columbus #12700
• Ms. Jeanne Achille • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Ambroziak • Ms. Mary Ellen Anderson • Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Bachelor • Bank of America • Merrill Lynch • Mr. and Mrs. Fred Barnes • Dr. and Mrs. Paul Bergh • Bernards High School Math-A-Thon • Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Boger • Mr. and Mrs. William Bramson • Brinton Eaton, LLC • Mr. Cliff Heisler and Ms. Doris Burman • Mr. and Mrs. John and Pam Cembrook • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Cochran • Dr. and Mrs. Charles Cozewith • Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd and Edana Desatnick • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Donahue • Mr. and Mrs. John Dreher • Eagle Electrical Contracting • Erika Record LLC • Fenton J. Solomon Trust • Dr. Patricia Flatley and Mr. Daniel Flatley • Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Patricia Gower • Mr. Rodrigue Inder • Investors Bank • Ms. Kathleen Kirk • Knights of Columbus #11386 • Knights of Columbus #11409
• Mr. Lowell Kraff • Mr. and Mrs. Justin and Melissa Lash • Mr. Thomas Ludlow • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Mannon • Dr. Cathy and Mr. Steve Mazzola • New Jersey Charity Racing Days • Mr. and Mrs. Mark C. O’Connell • Mr. Jerry B. Partlow • Mr. Dale Ponikvar • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Proctor • Ms. Doreen L. Rhodes • Dr. and Mrs. Arnold H. Rosenheck • Rotary Club of the Mendhams • Mr. Alan Sampson • Mr. and Mrs. Carlo Simoni • Mr. and Mrs. David Szott • Mr. David Teiger • The Hartford • Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Thornton • Mr. and Mrs. Alan and Linda Turovlin • Verve Restaurant • Wakefern Food Corporation • Mr. and Mrs. Bill Weldon • Wells Fargo Foundation • Ms. Cathleen Wild • Dr. and Mrs. Ronald J. Yedloutschnig
Advocates [$500 - $999] • Adelhardt Construction • Mr. and Mrs. Salustiano Amato • Mr. Todd Andolino • The Angeletti Group, LLC • Mr. Robert Angevine • Apple Food Services New Jersey • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Armstrong • Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Barth & Family • Dr. and Mrs. David Belanger • Dr. Bruno Bosacchi • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Brodman • Mr. and Mrs. David Y. Burman • Mr. and Mrs. John Calicchio • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Caniano • Cocoluxe Fine Pastries • Mr. Paul Damurjian • Degnan Family Foundation • Mr. Fritz Dittmar • Mr. Marino Dobrich
• Fairclough Propane • Financial Resources FCU Foundation • Mr. and Mrs. Bruce and Beth Fisher • Mr. Norberto Garcia • Mr. and Mrs. John Garrity • Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Liz Geraghty • Dr. and Mrs. Fred Gordon • Ms. Helene Gurian • Mr. and Mrs. Peter Holloway • Ikaria, Inc. • Dr. and Mrs. Bruce Kimelblatt • Knights of Columbus #5959 • Mr. and Mrs. Bill Krais • Mr. and Mrs. Andrew and Elizabeth Kriegman • Dr. Phillip LaBove and Mrs. Janice LaBove • Mr. and Mrs. David Langlois • Mr. and Mrs. Fred Lash • Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Lavine • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Metcalf • Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Monte • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Movsovich • Dr. and Mrs. John O’Connor • Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Regional School • ParenteBeard LLC • Mr. and Mrs. Peter Petrozzo, Jr. • Precise Publications LLC • Mrs. Claire Pryor • Mr. and Mrs. Daniel C. Rice • Mr. Glen Rosenthal • Mr. Henry B. Schram • Ms. Lilly Seidel • Mr. and Mrs. Marc Shegoski • ShopRite of Hunterdon County • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Sterbenz • Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Stracco • Mr. and Mrs. Peter Sudler • Mr. John Taurozzi • The Margetts Foundation • Total Lubricants USA • Wainscot Media • Mr. and Mrs. Bill and Carole Walsh
Sustainers [$100 - $499] • Mr. and Mrs. Malay and Geeta Acharya
• Mr. and Mrs. Richard Adelsohn • Mr. Peter Alexander • Mr. Kenneth Alter • Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Ambroziak • Mr. and Mrs. Jay Angeletti • Mr. and Mrs. Mark and Lynn Arian • Ms. Linda S. Aronson • Mr. and Mrs. Chris Asbell • Mr. and Mrs. Viswanath Ashok • Ms. Mary Dee Atkins • Atra Janitorial Supply Co. • Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin R. Bader • Mr. and Mrs. Steven and Pamela Ball • Mr. and Mrs. Todd and Amy Bell • Mrs. Betty Lou Berger • Dr. and Mrs. Elia Berger Weixelbaum • Mrs. Meryl Berliner • Ms. Katherine B. Bezuyen • Mr. and Mrs. Neil Bezuyen • Mr. David Bialoglow • Mr. and Mrs. Fred and Lindsay Bierwirth • Ms. Wendy Bierwirth • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Bitar • Mr. and Mrs. Marc Blumenthal • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Bonacci • Mr. and Mrs. William Booker • Dr. and Mrs. J. Andrew Bowe • BPOE Elks, South Orange Lodge No. 1154 • Mr. George G. Bracken, Jr. • Mr. Michael C. Brady • Mr. and Mrs. Richard and Nancy Brail • Ms. Jeanne C. Brelle • Ms. Kelly Brown Arnold • Dr. Carole Brown • Mr. Donald Bruckman • Mr. and Mrs. John R. Brunner • Mr. and Mrs. William Caniano • Mr. Anthony Carbone • Cardiac O.R. Nurses • Ms. Yolanda Cardona • Mrs. Dorothy Carter • Dr. and Mrs. Dehan Chen • Mr. and Mrs. Vilas Chopdekar • Mr. David Christiansen • Mrs. Catherine Church • Mrs. Kirstin Ditoe Cicero • Mr. and Mrs. Michael J. Clayton • Dr. Adrien Coblentz and Mrs. Mary Ellen Coblentz • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Cogan
• Ms. Heidi Cohen • Mr. Seth A. Cohen • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cooley, III • Mr. and Mrs. Scott and Dorothy Coppeto • Ms. Linda L. Coull • Mr. William M. Creelman • Ms. Kathleen Manning and Mr. Ed Crowe Mr. Joseph Cuomo • Mr. Tom Curnin • Mr. Frederick Cushmore • Mr. and Mrs. Bob F. Dathe • Mr. Ken Davidov • Mr. and Mrs. Dan DeChellis • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Decker • Mr. James M. DeCoster • Mr. and Mrs. Eric L. Derwid • Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Desatnick • DeVoe Funeral Service • Dewy Meadow Foods, Inc. • Mrs. Angela DiGennaro • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph DiMarco • Dr. Robert Donald and Mrs. Jennifer Crohn • Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Dowd • Mr. Kevin Dreyer • Mr. and Mrs. Guy D’Urso • Dr. Gary E. Eddey • Dr. Robert W. Edwards • Mr. Russell Eike • Mr. Todd Eisenbud • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas A. Ewig • Mrs. Eleanor E. Fahey • Mr. Anthony Fenton • Mr. Jose M. Fernandez • Mr. Sanford Feuer • Mr. Michael Fichter • Mr. and Mrs. Walter P. Ficzko, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Charles Fieramosca, Sr. • Mr. and Mrs. Jon J. Fineman • Mr. and Mrs. James Fiordeliso • Mr. Jeff Fischer • Mr. William P. Fisher • Mr. and Mrs. Victor Flynn • Mrs. Juliette Fogarty • Mr. and Mrs. Brian M. Foley • Dr. Kimberly Folkenflik • Ms. Eileen Forman Ludden • Mr. and Mrs. John Fox, III • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Francavilla • Mr. Thomas Freeman • Mr. and Mrs. Greg and Carolyn Friedel • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Galayda • Mr. Joseph Gallione • Ms. Grace Galvin • Mr. and Mrs. Gary and Toni Gambetta • Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Gauch • Mr. Larry Geraghty and Ms. Melinda Iannarone • Mr. and Mrs. Randy Gerstl • Mr. Donald Gibson • Ms. Carol Glennon • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Glickman • Mr. and Ms. Jonathan Godown • Mr. and Mrs. Andrea & Marc Goldberg • Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Goldberg
• Mr. Leonard Goldberg • Mr. Donald R. Goldman • Mr. Marc T. Goldstein • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Goldstein • Mr. and Mrs. Andrew and Julie Gordon • Mrs. Charlotte Gordon • Mr. and Mrs. David Graham • Mr. and Mrs. Charles Grzeszkiewicz • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Grzeszkiewicz • Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Guberman • Dr. and Mrs. Louis Gubitosa • Mr. Bill Guida • Ms. Jean Hamburg • Mrs. Judith Hamilton • Ms. Susan B. Hammell • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas and Katie Harter • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Harter • Hartranft R.V. Services • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Henderson • Hess Corporation • Reverend John Hillier • Ms. Margaret A. Hinchcliffe • Mr. John Hinton • Mrs. Guliet Hirsch and Mr. Thomas Witt • Mrs. Brenda Hoagland • Mr. and Mrs. Walter and Nancy Hojnacki • Hope Church House of Prayer & Evangelism • Mr. and Mrs. Harry Horn • Mr. and Mrs. William Horton • Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Horton • Mr. and Mrs. Charles M. Huck • Ms. Myrl Jean Hughes • Mr. Kyusung Huh • The ILA Foundation • Mrs. Amy Jenkins • Jersey Paper Plus • Mr. and Mrs. Alex Josephson • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Kaminski • Dr. Daniel Kane • Mr. and Mrs. Leo Kane • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kantor • Mr. and Mrs. Sean Keating • Mr. William T. Kelleher, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Marvin Kelly • Mr. and Mrs. John Kemnitzer • Mr. John Kernen • Mr. Jerry Keselman • Mr. and Mrs. Kristopher Kinscherf • Mr. Jack Kirby • Mrs. Amy Klausner • Mr. and Mrs. Ari Klein • Knights of Columbus #5730 • Mr. and Mrs. George Knudsen • Ms. Lauretta F. Koenig • Ms. Alice Kornblith • Mr. Chris Kraus • Mr. and Mrs. Randy Krogoll • Mr. Peter Kuzmiskas • Mr. Sean Laane • Mr. and Mrs. William Laderach • Ms. Courtney Lailey
• Lamountain Communications LLC • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Lan • Mr. and Mrs. Rick and Lesley Larson • Rev. Kenneth E. Lasch • Ms. Ruth Stevens and Mr. Steve Latus • Ms. Anne Lavalleye • Ms. Robin Laverty • Mr. Marc Lavine • Ms. Alesia Lee Lazorisak • Ms. Dena Lenard • Dr. and Mrs. Serhiy and Iryna Levkov • Mr. and Mrs. Roderick Lewis • Mr. Peter Longa • Mr. Daniel Loughlin • Ms. Kirsten Lund Jurgensen • Drs. William and Julie Lupatkin • Mr. and Mrs. Warren Luther • Mr. Kevin Macken • Maffey’s Security Group • Ms. Patricia Majcher • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Malloy • Mr. Thomas Malmann • Manville Masons Supply • Mrs. Andrea Marino • Ms. Nikki Marshall • Mrs. and Mrs. Alan Martin • Mr. Warren Martin • Mr. Charles H. Matheny • Mathtopian Preparation • Mr. and Mrs. Louis Matlack • Mr. and Mrs. John May • Mr. and Mrs. John Mazuera • Mr. Edward McCollum • Mr. Robert McGowan • Mrs. Sheila McMenamin • Ms. Erika McNeil • Ms. Rachel Meisel • Ms. Anne Mendez • Mr. Richard Mennella • Mr. and Mrs. Barry Merer • Ms. Stacie Metelski • Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Metzler • Mrs. Diane V. Miceli • The Michael Bruce Fund • Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Michaels • Mr. and Mrs. Barry J. Miles, Sr. • Ms. Maddalena M. Minardi • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Minnichelli • Mr. and Mrs. William Mitschele • Mr. Phil Montgomery • Mrs. Kimberly Moore • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Morris • Dr. Mark Morris • Mr. and Mrs. John and Mary Morris • Mr. Ronald Morris • Mrs. Tiffany Mortellito • Mrs. Nancy Mowell • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Mulcahy • Ms. Mary Murphy • Mr. and Mrs. Sean Murphy • Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Murray • Mr. and Mrs. Neal Nackman • Mrs. Cynthia Narang • Mr. and Mrs. Kurt Nathan • Ms. Audra M. Nawrocki
• Mr. and Mrs. Graham Nelson • Mr. Rick Nelson • Ms. Angie Newman • Mrs. Peggy A. Newton • Mr. and Mrs. Wayne and Annette Norman • Mr. and Mrs. Joel Oberman • Mr. and Mrs. Walter H. Offermann • Mr. and Mrs. Fred and Nancy Okun • Dr. and Mrs. James M. Oleske • Mr. and Mrs. Manfred Oster • Ms. Christie O’Toole • Mr. and Mrs. Richard H. Otten • Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church • Mr. Oliver Overton Morgan • Mrs. Brenda Patnick • Payton Elevator Company, Inc. • Ms. Teresa Pedone • Mr. Ben Peters • Mr. Joseph Peters • Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Petrozelli • Mr. and Mrs. Frank Pfeffer • Matheny Pharmacy Department • Mr. and Mrs. William T. Pigott • Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Poleyeff • Ms. Jill E. Porter • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Pucilowski • Ms. Sharanya Pulapura • Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Quartararo • Mrs. Maria G. Quintana • Mr. and Mrs. David Ramsey • Mrs. Louise Rapkin • Mr. and Mrs. Gary Raymond • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Razzi • Reed Family Foundation • The Reitman Group • Mr. Peter Remiger • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Renga • Mrs. Jill Reuter • Ms. Ana Riewerts • Mr. and Mrs. Carl Ring, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Rivkin • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Roche, Jr. • Dr. Susan Roeloffs and Mr. Fred Stine • Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Roggenburg • Mr. Bob Romano • Mr. Simon Roscoe • Mr. and Mrs. Charles and Jodi Rosenzweig • Mr. Steven Rotter • Ms. Cynthia Rowberg • Mrs. Maureen Ryan • Mr. and Mrs. David Sachs • Dr. R. Gregory Sachs • Mr. Richard M. Sandler • Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Sanford • Mr. James Scancarella • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Scarlata • Mrs. Catherine M. Schanz • Mr. and Mrs. Eric Schapiro • Ms. Alice Schenker • Mr. Jonathan Schifrin • Mr. Mark Schiller • Mr. Adam Schwab • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Schwenn • Second Chance Thrift Shop
• Ms. Barbara Winter and Mr. Lawrence Segan • Dr. and Mrs. Lawrence Shampain • Mr. and Mrs. Robert K. Sheldon • Mr. Tighe Sheldon • Mr. Jeff Siegel • Ms. Jill Siegel • Mr. Edward Sigo • Mr. and Mrs. Alexander B. Silvey • Mr. and Mrs. James and Kathleen Sisto • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Skinner • Ms. Susan M. Slaff • Mr. and Mrs. Steve Slutter • Mr. and Mrs. Roger Smith • Mr. Arthur Snyder • Spinella Contracting, Inc. • Mr. and Mrs. Gary Squires • Mr. and Howard Sragow • Ms. Nancy W. Stark • Mrs. Lauren Steinberg • Mr. and Mrs. Klaus Steiner • Mr. and Mrs. Stanley R. Stevinson • Ms. Deborah Stewart • Mr. and Mrs. William Strauss • Ms. Karen M. Sullivan • Mr. Frank J. Sweeney, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Sweeney • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Swink • Dr. and Mrs. Gerald A. Sydell • Mr. and Mrs. Edward and Diane Szott • Mr. and Mrs. Eddie and Kay Szott • Ms. Veronica Taperino • The Merrill G. & Emita E. Hastings Foundation • Mr. Greg Thibault • Thomas and Elizabeth Uhlman Family Fund • Mr. Jeffry Thompson • Mr. and Mrs. William B. Thompson • Mr. and Mrs. Edward Thornton • Mrs. Stephanie Trapp • Mr. Peter Trethaway • Mr. and Mrs. Manfred Tschopp • U.S. Security Associates, Inc. • Mr. Robert Udolf • Mrs. Donna Ulmer • Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Ulrich • Mr. and Mrs. Frank Varnavas • Mr. and Mrs. Sundararajan Vijayakumar • Mr. John Visceglia • Mrs. Betty Walsh • Mrs. Doretta Warnock • Ms. Jean Watterson • Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Weeks, Jr. • Mr. and Ms. Jonathan Weiner • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Weisbein • Ms. Linda Westenberger • Ms. Karen Wexler • Rob and Jo Whiteley • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas R. Williams • Mr. and Mrs. Barclay J. Wilson, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. David Wolff
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
• Mr. and Mrs. Peter Wolfson • Ms. Frances G. Woolley • Mr. and Mrs. James Yedloutschnig • Dr. and Mrs. Mark Zimmerman • Mr. Daniel Zimmon
Believers [Up to $99]
• Ms. Morra Aarons • Mr. Ankur Agarwal • Mr. Joseph Allen • Ms. Mary Jo Altom • Mr. Anthony Amato • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Amato • Mr. and Mrs. Rathinavelu Anandkumar • Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Anderson • Ms. Elizabeth Andolino • Ms. Rita Andolino • Mrs. Deborah Andreoni • Mr. and Mrs. Ira and Paula Antin • Mrs. Courtney Appleyard • Mrs. Nicole Arendas • Mr. and Mrs. Graham Argent Belcher • Ms. Vigdis Austad • Ms. Diane Averell • Ms. Jennifer Ayer • Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Bacchetta • Mr. and Mrs. Armen Basmajian • Mrs. Debra Bassan • Mr. and Mrs. James Battles • Ms. Ann Bean • Mr. and Ms. John Bednar • Mr. and Mrs. Stanley H. Belchik, Jr. • Mr. John Bell • Ms. Susan Bennett • Mr. and Mrs. Gregg and Mary Ann Bents • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Beringer • Mrs. Hayley Berlent • Ms. Mariela Berrio • Mr. Marc Bertha • Mrs. Barbara Best • Ms. Bette Ann Bierwirth • Ms. Denise Binda • Ms. Carolyn B. Black • Mr. Chris Black • Mr. and Mrs. E. A. Grosvenor Blair • Mrs. Janet Blair • Mr. Brian Block • Mr. and Mrs. Arthur R. Bogdan • Ms. Beth Boily • Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Bonk • Ms. Maureen Borgia • Mr. and Mrs. David E. Bourdeau • Mrs. Patricia Bowman • Mr. Douglas Bramson • Mr. and Mrs. Michael and Gayle Braunstein • Dr. Martha Bremser • Ms. Elizabeth Brewer • Ms. Geraldine Brewer • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Briechle • Mr. and Mrs. Louis Brief • Ms. Gail Brislin • Mr. Marvin Brooks
• Mr. and Mrs. Rick Brooten • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Buczek • Mr. and Mrs. Emil Buin • Mr. and Mrs. Barry Bukosky • Mr. Brian Buurma • Ms. Celeste Campos • Ms. Angela Carpenter • Mr. and Mrs. Miriam and Michael Carson • Mr. Patrick Cartolano • Ms. Caroline E. Carver • Ms. Patricia A. Cats • Mr. Ivan Cavieses • Mr. and Mrs. Norman Cella • Mr. Raphael Cervantes • Mr. Ron Cervelli • Ms. Diana Chabrier • Mr. Gary Chase • Mr. and Mrs. Gary Chiesa • Mr. Anisha Chithapuram • Mr. and Mrs. Rajul Chowdhari • Mr. Vito Christiano • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Christie • Mr. and Mrs. Michael D. Christie • Ms. Millie Cleary • Ms. Lisa Clifford • Mrs. Madeline T. Clinton • Mr. and Mrs. Donald Close • Mrs. Karie Coe • Ms. Carol Cohen • Mr. and Mrs. Dominick Colavita • Ms. Hillary Cole • Mr. John Cole • Mr. Carlo Coleman • Ms. Patricia Conlin • Ms. Marjorie Constantino • Mr. and Mrs. John Cook • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Cornely • Mrs. Mary M. Corrado • Ms. Marjorie Cote • Ms. Suzanne Countryman • Ms. Christine Coyne • Mr. Mark Cromer • Mrs. Ardys Culp • Ms. Tammy Culp • Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Cunningham • Ms. Kari Cunningham • Ms. Kelly Curtin • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Cusimano • Mrs. Patricia Dakis • Mrs. Claire J. Dale • Mr. Gourav Dalmiya • Mrs. Karen D’Aloisio • Ms. Utpala Dave • Ms. Denise DeAngelo • Ms. Mary DeHart • Ms. Susan DeHart • Ms. Monique Delage • Mr. Jason Delinko • Mr. Andrew DeLuise • Ms. Jennifer DeMik • Mrs. Donnis DeMouthe • Ms. Anne Denham • Dr. Dean Dent and Ms. Anita Spivey • Mr. and Ms. John Derent • Mrs. Donna DeSerio • Mr. John DeSimone and Ms. Tara Johnson • Ms. Laura DiBenedetto • Ms. Mona E. Digaetano • Dr. and Mrs. Anthony
DiGuglielmo • Mr. Michael DiPietro • Mr. and Mrs. Edward M. DiTolla • Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Dobrinsky • Mr. and Mrs. Adam and Monifa Domorski • Mr. and Mrs. Jimmie Donaldson • Mrs. Kristen Donohue • Mr. Tai Doughty • Ms. Erika Dreifus • Ms. Suzanne Duane • Ms. Melissa Dubay • Mr. Alexander Dufek Varieur • Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Duffe • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Duffy • Mrs. Janet Dunkle • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Dunlop • Mr. Bryan Eagle • Mr. Edward C. Ellet, III • Mrs. Nancy Ernst • Mr. Chris Fabish • Mr. and Mrs. Larry Falls • Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Farrington • Mr. Brandon Fenton • Ms. Virginia Fenton • Mr. Richard Ferguson • Mr. and Mrs. Nelson Ferry, Jr. • Mr. John G. Fesken • Mrs. April Fey • Mr. and Mrs. Les and Hope Fields • Mr. Oliver Filley • Mr. and Mrs. John Fischel • Ms. Lois Fisher • Mr. and Mrs. William Flatt • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas V. Ford • Ms. Carrie Fordham • Mr. Paul Formichelli • Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Forte • Ms. Marjorie Fox • Mr. and Mrs. Edward Fox • Ms. Ann Skudlark and Mr. Michael Fox • Ms. Dorothy Frank • Dr. Jeffrey R. Frank • Mrs. Linda Frankshun • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Freda • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Freedman • Mrs. Jenifer French • Mr. and Mrs. P. Wayne Frey • Ms. Chana Friedman • Dr. and Mrs. Peter Frisko • Mr. and Mrs. Larry Gaffney • Mr. and Mrs. Mark S. Galbraith • Mr. and Mrs. Francis Galli • Mrs. Beth Galli • Mr. Maurice Gallipoli • Mr. Joseph Gallitelli • Ms. Nina Gambardella • Mr. and Mrs. Manfred Ganzer • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Garrity • Mr. and Mrs. John and Aileen Gaudio • Ms. Amy Geldzahler • Mr. David Generoso • Mr. Frank Geramita • Ms. Laura Gever • Mr. Victor Giallella • Mr. John B. Gibb • Mr. John Gilfillan • Mr. and Mrs. Robert J. Glaser • Ms. Malka Goldberg
• Mr. and Mrs. David Goldsmith • Mr. Austin Goldstein • Mr. Bill Goldstein • Mrs. Grace M. Goldstein • Ms. Noreen Gomez • Ms. Deborah Goodhart • Mr. and Mrs. Steven Goodwin • Mr. and Mrs. Venu Gopalakrishnan • Ms. Jeannine Gorman • Mr. and Mrs. Henry Graham, Jr. • Mrs. Katie Graves • Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Guhl • Mr. and Mrs. John Gutch • Mrs. Anita Hamburg • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Hamilton • Ms. Christine Hanson • Ms. Sue Harmon • Mrs. Laura Harper • Mr. and Mrs. Dale and Andrea Harpine • Ms. Christine Hastings • Mrs. Elisa Hauck • Mr. Toby Hayer • Mr. Harry Hayes • Mr. William Hearne • Mr. James Heck • Mrs. Michelle Heins • Mrs. Debra Heller • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Henne • Ms. Ellen Herman • Mr. John Paul Hernandez • Mrs. Wendy Hess • Mr. and Mrs. William D. Hill • Mr. and Mrs. Edward Hilzenrath • Mr. Vance Hodnett • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Hoffman • Mr. Daniel Hogerty • Mr. Andrew C. Holden • Mr. Jack Honan • Dr. and Mrs. Irwin Honigfeld • Ms. Crystal Hooten • Mr. Franklin Hope • Ms. Olga Horoho • Mr. and Mrs. Laszlo Horvath • Mr. Fred Howlett • Mr. and Mrs. William H. Hulbert, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Milton Hull • Ms. Joanna Hunt • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hunt • Mr. Muhammad Hussain • Ms. Ruby P. Hwang • Mrs. Patty Indrisek • Mr. and Mrs. Sury Iyer • Ms. Joyce Jacobson • Mrs. Susan Jamieson • Mr. and Mrs. Dennis and Gina Jaye • JKL Management LLC • Mr. Ernest C. Johnson • Mrs. Kristen Johnson • Ms. Jiulin Jong • Mr. and Mrs. Sandy Josephson • Dr. Joseph Juliano • Mr. and Mrs. Venkata Kalluri • Mr. and Mrs. Fred Kamps • Mrs. Beth Kanengiser • Ms. Pamela Kaplan • Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Kase • Mr. and Mrs. Gary Kath • Mr. Ronald Katkocin
• Mr. and Mrs. Murali Kaundinya • Mr. and Mrs. Albert Kedersha • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Kibalo • Ms. Elizabeth Kim • Mr. David King • Mr. and Mrs. Irving Klein • Mr. Robert Klein and Ms. Wilhelmina Curtis • Mr. and Mrs. Hyman Kleinman • Mr. Michael Klenofsky • Mr. and Mrs. William Klesch, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Augustus S. Knight, Jr. • Ms. Beverly Knoll • Ms. Ruth A. Koenig • Mrs. Barbra Kogan • Mr. Daniel Kollar • Mr. and Mrs. Harvey and Barbara Kramer • Mr. and Mrs. Shane and Maureen Kramer • Mr. Leonard W. Kriegman • Mrs. Janice Kriegman-Berger • Mr. and Mrs. Mohanalakshmi Krishnan • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Krook • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Krueger, Sr. • Ms. Jeannine Ksiaskiewicz • Ms. Jeanne Kulesa • Mr. Robert Paski and Ms. Kathleen Kurek • Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Kwiatkowki • Mrs. Sherry Labianca • Dr. Ilona S. LaChina • Ms. AnneMarie Lacken • Ms. Elizabeth Laible • Lambertville New Hope Ambulance and Rescue Squad • Mr. Guy Lamothe • Ms. Laura Lampley • Mr. and Mrs. Sheldon Landau • Ms. Carol Lane • Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lang • Mrs. Erica Langenbahn • Ms. Morgan Lash • Mr. and Mrs. Rob and Kendra Latorre • Mr. and Mrs. Seth Leeb • Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas and Jane Lemma • Mr. and Mrs. Ron and Dottie Lemp • Ms. Elizabeth Leonard • Mrs. Michelle Levonick • Ms. Jennifer Levy and Mr. Sean Keenan • Mr. Raymond J. Lillie • Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Livak • CustomInk LLC • Mr. and Mrs. David Lo • Ms. Allison Long • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Long • Mrs. Jill Lundy • Mr. Hanson Mabry • Ms. Nancy Mackinson • Mrs. Sarah MacLean • Mrs. Mary Maddaluna • Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Mahn • Miss Elisa Mailman • Dr. Douglas Main • Mrs. Diana Maldonado • Mr. George H. Malgeri
• Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Mallach • Ms. Debra Mandio • Ms. Denise Mannese • Mrs. Debra Manning • Ms. Ilana Manspeizer and Mr. Joseph Englander • Ms. Geeta Mansukhani • Ms. Valerie Marcketta • Mr. and Mrs. Hanumantha Marepalli • Mr. and Mrs. David Margaretta • Mr. and Mrs. John Margaretta • Dr. Lindsay Marjoram • Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Maron • Mr. and Mrs. Christopher C. Martel • Dr. and Mrs. Martel • Ms. Julianne Martin • Ms. Karen Matyasovsky • Mr. John McCahill • Ms. Susan McClatchy • Mr. and Mrs. Mike McCree • Ms. Patricia B. McDermott • Mr. Stephen McDonald, Jr. • Miss Laura McGann • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas McGeough • Mrs. Christine McGrath • Mr. Thomas McLoughlin • Mr. and Mrs. Kevin McMahon • Mr. and Mrs. Bruce McNevin • Mrs. Deidre McQuaide • Mr. Michael McWilliams • Mr. and Mrs. Ben and Trina Meyer • Mr. and Mrs. Raffaele Migliore • Ms. Barbara Miller • Mrs. Scott Miller • Shoba Mohamed • Mr. Christopher Monte • Mr. Brett Moore • Ms. Kristin Moore • Ms. Nancy Morgan Andreola • Mr. and Mrs. John C. Morris • Mrs. Felicia Mortellito • Ms. Bridget L. Morton • Ms. Muriel M. Mota • Mr. Frederick C. Mueller • Mrs. Jen Mullins • Mr. Ed Murphy • Mrs. Janice Murray • Mrs. and Mr. Soma Nagasundaram • Mr. and Mrs. Dinesh Nair • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Napolitan
• Mr. and Mrs. Rajesh Narayan • Ms. Zahava Nave • Mr. and Mrs. Anton Neidenbach • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Neuman • Mr. Douglas R. Neye • Mr. Robert C. Nicholas, III • Mr. and Mrs. Walter Nickens • Ms. Allison Nickerson • Mrs. Patricia A. Nordling • Norm Smiley Sales, Inc. • Mrs. Arlene Norvilas • Mr. and Mrs. Francis Nulty • Ms. Eileen O’Connell • Mr. Chris O’Donnell • Ms. Kathryn Olexa • Mrs. Lindsey Olson • Mr. Ed Olszewski • Mr. Blake O’Neill • Mr. and Mrs. Anandan Palani • Mr. and Mrs. Josh Palestine • Ms. Holly Palma • Mr. and Mrs. Archit Pandya • Mr. and Mrs. Vijay Parimoo • Ms. Christine Pastor • Mr. and Mrs. Ashwin Patel • Mr. and Mrs. Indravadan Patel • Mr. Mohan Patel • Ms. Sarah Pauch • Mr. and Mrs. George Peck • Ms. Suzanne Peters • Mrs. Aileen Peterson • Mr. Kraig Peterson • Ms. Nancy Petrillo • Mr. Louis Pezzella • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas J. Phipps • Mr. Christian Pinsonault • Mr. and Mrs. James Pitts • PLAN/NJ • Mr. Campbell Platt • Ms. Lynne M. Platt • Ms. Elena Polansky • Mr. and Mrs. Larry Poleyeff • Mr. Matthew Polhemus • Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Portas • Mr. and Mrs. Richard Potts • Mr. and Mrs. John Powanda • Mr. and Mrs. Srinivasa Prasanna • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Prezant • Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Price • Ms. Gina Quadros • Mr. Bernard W. Quail, Jr. • Mr. and Mr. Paul Quinn • Mr. and Mrs. Narasimhan Rangan • Mr. and Mrs. Kris Rao
• Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Ray • Ms. Kathleen Reiff • Ms. Diane Revels • Mr. Bill Richards, Jr. • Mrs. Cynthia M. Rimpo • Ms. Marie Rita • Mr. Eli Rivera • Ms. Kimberly Roberts • Mr. Ron Roberts • Ms. Bernadette Robinson • Mr. and Mrs. Chris Robinson • Mr. and Mrs. Robert J. Rodgers • Ms. Hope Rodriguez • Ms. Mary C. Roeder • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Rofrano • Mr. Carmelo Romano • Mrs. Diane Rooney • Ms. Wendy Rosen • Mr. and Mrs. John Rosenberger • Ms. Philippa Ross • Ms. Annette Rowe • Rina and Subrata Roy • Mrs. Chris Rush • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Russo • Mr. and Mrs. Joe Rutte • Dr. Allison Sacher • Mr. and Mrs. Peter Sandin • Mr. and Mrs. Tony Santos • Mrs. Denise Sarte • Ms. Carol Savoy • Dr. Erica Saypol • Mr. and Mrs. Pete Scarperi • Mr. and Mrs. Donald Schaaf • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Schaenen • Mr. and Mrs. Ira Schapiro • Mr. Thorsten Schluter • Mr. and Mrs. Mark Schuman • Ms. Susan Schuman • Mr. Will Schutts • Ms. Eileen Schwalb • Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Schwarz • Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Schwarz • Mr. and Mrs. Ron Sedlak • Mr. and Mrs. Charles P. Seelinger • Ms. Anne Seery • Ms. Mary Seery • Mr. George Sepp • Ms. Naida Serak • Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Sferra • Mr. Kandarp Shah • Mr. George Shanks • Ms. Narender Sharma • Mrs. Denise Sheelar • Ms. Alyssa Sheldon
• Mr. and Mrs. Jackson Shepard • Ms. Katie Shinners • Mrs. Jennifer Ships • Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Shulman • Drs. Lynn and Donald Siebert • Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Siegel • Miss Heather Siegelheim • Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Silacci • Ms. Suzette Simard • Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Simko • Mr. and Mrs. Paul Simms, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Neeraj Sinha • Mr. and Mrs. Vincent Sinkevitch • Mr. and Mrs. Ron and Erin Skotarczak • Mr. Jarre Smith • Mr. Robert S. Smith • Ms. Susie Smith • Ms. Jan Sniderman • Somerville Pinoy Restaurant & Goods • Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Soucie • Ms. E. Anne Spencer • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Spiesman • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Spira • Mr. Gordon Spivak • Ms. Melba Sport • Mr. Eric Spritz • Ms. Janet Stefano • Ms. Monika M. Stickel • Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Stock • Mrs. Linda Stout • Mr. and Mrs. Ganesh Subramaniam • Summit JCC Nursery School • Mr. and Mrs. Saraswathi Sundar • Mr. Wesley Suydam • Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Swanson • Mr. and Mrs. Gary A. Sykes • Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Talamini • Mr. Stuart Tankenbaum • Jaimi Tarasoff • Mr. and Mrs. William Taylor • Mr. and Mrs. Scott Teller • Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Tendler • Ms. Alexis Tener • Ms. Mary Ellen Thompson • Ms. Joan M. Thuebel • Ms. Brittany Tibbs • Mr. and Mrs. Mark I. Toporoff • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Toporoff • Mr. and Mrs. John Tort, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Christian Tovar • Mr. and Mrs. Seth and Cathy Trugman
• Ms. Dara Tupler • Mr. and Mrs. Glenn and Wendy Turell • Mr. Marc Udoff • Ms. Cynthia K. Ulrich • Mr. and Mrs. Frank J. Unger • Ms. Suzanne Urban Ryan • Ms. Carol Van Blargan • Mr. and Mrs. James Van Epp • Mrs. Beverly Van Houte • Mr. and Mrs. Michael Van Riper • Ms. Mary Versarge • Ms. Sunaina Vijay • Ms. Mary Lou Viscegli • Ms. Barbara Voge • Mr. Murty Vyakarna • Mr. and Mrs. Gary Wagne • Mr. and Mrs. Douglas Wagner • Miss Tracey Waller • Ms. Erin Walsh • Mr. and Mrs. Robert Ware, Jr. • Mr. Ian Warren • Ms. Cynthia Wasserberger • Mr. Karen Webb • Mr. and Mrs. Frank Weber • Mr. and Mrs. Albert Weiner • Mr. and Mrs. Alan and Judy Weinstein • Mrs. Phyllis A. White • Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Wilkinson • Ms. Deborah Williams • Mrs. Lois Williams • Ms. Jaclyn Windt • Ms. Chan Wingyee • Ms. Frances Winograd Poleyeff • Dr. and Mrs. Barry Wolf • Dr. and Mr. Delores Wong • Ms. Christine Wood • Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Woods • Mr. and Mrs. Kyle and Dana Wright • Mrs. and Mr. Yunmei Xu • Ms. Peggy York • Mr. and Mrs. Wally and Dee Yosafat • Ms. Tiffany Yun • Ms. Ana Zamora • Mr. and Mrs. David and Elizabeth Zawacki • Mr. and Mrs. Antal Zeleszko, Jr. • Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Zeng • Mr. Mark Zenobia • Mr. and Mrs. Edward Zullow • Mr. Vincent Zuza
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our donor listing. Should the information presented here conflict with your records, please call the Development Office at (908) 234-0011 ext. 315
We invite you to join our 1946 Society, by including Matheny in your estate planning. Such gifts might include a bequest in your will or a beneficiary designation of your retirement assets or life insurance policy. Legacy gifts provide critical future support of Matheny, ensuring the fulfillment of our mission well into the future. For more information about these giving options, please visit Matheny.plannedgiving.org If you have included Matheny in your estate plans, please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity and include you in our 1946 Society.
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015
NONPROFIT OGANIZATION U.S. POSTAGE PAID NEWBRUNSWICK,NJ PERMIT NO. 1091
65 Highland Avenue | PO Box 339 Peapack, NJ 07977 908-234-0011 Return Service Requested
An Individual’s Generosity
Enriches the Lives of Matheny’s Patients In addition to providing medical care and education for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities, Matheny does everything possible to support and normalize all aspects of their lives. A key factor in accomplishing that is the ability to transport its students and patients, all of whom are in wheelchairs, to activities in the community. Matheny has several multi-person vans, but, up until very recently, it did not have a wheelchair accessible minivan that could carry just a single individual to a specific destination. That has all changed, thanks to the kindness of Bernardsville resident Doug Kimmelman, who owned a handicappedequipped 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE, which he donated to Matheny in October. “We are very excited about this donation and it’s so timely,” said John Garrity, Matheny’s director of social services, who just one week earlier had expressed his desire for this type of vehicle to be able to accommodate patients’ needs to travel off campus to visit with family and attend events.
Doug Kimmelman, left, with Matheny resident Raven Bennett and Matheny transportation manager Brad King in front of the Toyota Sienna donated by Kimmelman.
The minivan will be used to transport students or patients to family functions, volunteer jobs, to club activities such as Girl Scout meetings, or on shopping trips when bigger vans would be impractical.
Matheny Matters | Winter 2015