Key to Mijas Costa #119

Page 62

KEY FEATURE How can I vote in Mijas?

By Mijas Matters

All European citizens have the right to vote in Local Authority Elections What do you need to do? First of all you need to be on the municipal register (Padrón) What documents do you need in order to register on the Padrón? You need to go to one of the Council Offices: in Mijas Pueblo, Las Lagunas, or La Cala de Mijas with the following documents: · Photocopy and original of your Passport · If you are a tenant: Photocopy and original of your rental contract, or a signed authorization by the owner of the home you are living in. · If you are an owner: A copy of your Title deeds, or a receipt of payment of Council Tax, or Rubbish collection, with your name on it, and the address where you wish to be registered.

What next? If you are already on the Padrón, but not on the Voter’s role · You need a copy of the form: Censo Electoral de la Unión Europea · Complete the form; one for each person who is registering · Present the form, with a copy of your passport, at the Town Hall in Mijas Pueblo, Las Lagunas, or La Cala de Mijas. Both of these procedures can be done at the same time and with the same identity documents. The town hall should offer you the Census document when you register on the Padrón, but if you want to be sure, take it with you completed. Mijas Matters can provide you with a copy of the Electoral registration form. Send an email to mijasmatters@gmail. com or message us from Facebook: Mijas Matters If you need help at the town hall for either of these procedures, let us know and we may be able to provide someone to accompany you.

If you want to vote in the 2019 elections, you need to be registered by November 2018 62


KMG - FOR ALL YOUR PRINTING NEEDS - TEL 666 666 998 - 952 934 805

Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.