Photo: Alden Corrigan Media Rider: Heather Caristo-Williams
MORTALIT Y LIABILIT Y
MA JOR MEDICAL
RACE HORSE OWNER
FARM PACK AGES
INDIVIDUAL HORSE OWNER
www.GreatAmericanInsuranceGroup.com | 4414 SW College Rd, Suite 1422, Ocala, Florida 34474
Policies are underwritten by Great American Assurance Company, an authorized insurer in all 50 states and the D.C. ©2015 Great American Insurance Company
YOUR HORSE IS SPECIAL. HIS SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM SHOULD BE TOO. Support him every day with SmartPaks Feeding supplements every day is key to supporting a healthy horse. With SmartPaks, you get the right dose every time with pre-measured Paks, the freshest supplements due to their airtight seals, and confidence that each supplement has undergone quality-control procedures. For more information, go to SmartPak.com/SmartPaks or call our Horse Health Experts at 1-800-461-8898
2021 M&S I N S U R A N C E L E A G U E I N D O O R F I N A L S October 29-31 | Syracuse, New York
STAFF Thomas G. Struzzieri, Manager�������������������������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Rian Beals, Course Designer �����������������������������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Kristen E. Vale-Mosack, Office Manager����������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Katelyn Lamb, Horse Show Secretary���������������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Sarah Thomann, Horse Show Secretary�������������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Ms. Shelby Magee, Horse Show Secretary �������������������������������������������������Greenville, NY Ms. Alexandria Frake, Horse Show Secretary���������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Patricia Guerriero, M&S League Representative�����������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Scott Reynolds, Sponsorship �����������������������������������������������������������������������Saugerties, NY Leslie Phillips, Art Director���������������������������������������������������������������������������Kingston, NY John Cooley, Elite Equine Veterinary Clinic, Show Veterinarian ��������������������� Marcy, NY Horse Show Farrier������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� TBA
HUNTER/EQUITATION JUDGES TBA
OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER Photography, Dave Butterworth������������������������������������������������������������������� 845.926.2645
Telephone communication with HITS, Inc. - 845.246.8833 All entries should be mailed to: HITS, Inc., 319 Main Street, Saugerties, NY 12477 Telephone communication during event - 315.487.7711 Horse Show mailing address: The Great New York State Fairgrounds 581 State Fair Boulevard, Syracuse, NY 13209 The Competition Management for this event is HITS, Inc.
MAKE YOUR LODGING RESERVATIONS EARLY!
We encourage exhibitors to make arrangements as early as possible for lodging during the horse shows.
HUNTER DIVISION SPECIFICATIONS FOR ALL HUNTER CLASSES Hunter Over Fences To be shown over approximately eight fences at the required height. To be judged on performance and soundness unless otherwise noted.
Hunter Under Saddle To be shown at a walk, trot and canter. May be asked to hand gallop at the discretion of the judge, but no more than eight to gallop at one time. Martingales not permitted.
Champion & Reserve
To be awarded to two of the four horses accumulating the most points over fences. In addition, when applicable, only these will receive full points for ribbons won under saddle. Points to be awarded as follows: 10, 6, 4, 2, 1, 1/2.
To be scored under the open numerical judging system. The top 12 will return to jump a second round in reverse order of their scores. Scores will be added from both rounds to determine the winners. In case of a tie for first place, judges will confer to break the tie. All other ties will remain.
Jogging Hunter sections will not be jogged.
Attire Proper attire required for all classes. Formal Attire requested for all over fences classes.
BIT O' STRAW HUNTER Open to horses and ponies to be ridden by Junior or Amateur riders. Riders may NOT cross enter into any class with fences 3' or higher. Horses, with another rider, may cross enter into any division for which they are eligible. Fences 2’6” with spreads not to exceed fence height.
Bit O’ Straw Hunter Classic Entry Fee: $125 for this class. 19. Bit O' Straw Hunter Classic
Bit O’ Straw Restricted Warm-Up Open to those horse/rider combinations also showing in the Bit O' Straw Hunter Classic. Entry Fee: $75 for this class. 519. Bit O' Straw Restricted Warm-Up
HITS WORKING HUNTER Open to horses and ponies to be ridden by Juniors, Amateurs or Professional riders. (Professionals may NOT ride ponies.) Horses and riders may cross enter into any division for which they are eligible. Horses may only compete in one section of HITS Working Hunter. Fences 2' and 2’6” with spreads not to exceed fence height.
HITS Working Hunter Sections Entry Fee: $175 for each section. (Individual Classes may NOT be entered.)
HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Professional 20. HITS Working Hunter - Professional 21. HITS Working Hunter - Professional 22. HITS Working Hunter - Professional Under Saddle
HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Non-Professional 23. HITS Working Hunter - Non-Professional 24. HITS Working Hunter - Non-Professional 25. HITS Working Hunter - Non-Professional Under Saddle
HITS Working Hunter 2' 26. HITS Working Hunter 2' 27. HITS Working Hunter 2' 28. HITS Working Hunter 2' Under Saddle
HUNTER DIVISION CONTINUED SMARTPAK ADULT WORKING HUNTER Open to horses and ponies to be ridden by Amateur riders who are no longer eligible to compete as junior exhibitors. Fences 3' with spreads not to exceed fence height.
Adult Working Hunter Section
Entry Fee: $175 for this section. (Individual Classes may NOT be entered.) 32. Adult Working Hunter 33. Adult Working Hunter 34. Adult Working Hunter Under Saddle
CHILDREN'S WORKING HUNTER – HORSES Open to horses to be ridden by a junior exhibitor. Fences 3' with spreads not to exceed fence height.
Children's Working Hunter Horse Sections
Entry Fee: $175 for each section. (Individual Classes may NOT be entered.)
Children's Working Hunter - Horses 14 & Under
35. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 36. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 37. Children's Working Hunter Under Saddle - Horses
Children's Working Hunter - Horses 15-17 38. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 39. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 40. Children's Working Hunter Under Saddle - Horses
CHILDREN'S WORKING HUNTER – PONIES Open to ponies to be ridden by a junior exhibitor. Fences 2'6" for Large Ponies; 2' for Small/Medium Ponies, Spreads not to exceed fence height.
Children's Working Hunter Pony Sections
Entry Fee: $175 for each section. (Individual Classes may NOT be entered.)
Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Small/Medium)
41. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Small/Medium) 42. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Small/Medium) 43. Children's Working Hunter Under Saddle - Ponies (Small/Medium)
Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Large) 47. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Large) 48. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Large) 49. Children's Working Hunter Under Saddle - Ponies (Large)
NOVICE CHILDREN’S/ADULT HUNTER Open to horses and ponies to be ridden by Junior or Amateur riders. Riders may NOT cross enter into any class with fences 3' or higher. Horses, with another rider, may cross enter into any division for which they are eligible. Fences 2’6” with spreads not to exceed fence height.
Novice Children’s/Adult Hunter Classics Entry Fee: $125 for each class 50. Novice Children’s Hunter Classic 51. Novice Adult Hunter Classic
Novice Children’s/Adult Hunter Restricted Warm-Up Open to those horse/rider combinations also showing in the Novice Children’s or Adult Hunter Classics. Entry Fee: $75 for this class 550. Novice Children’s/Adult Hunter Restricted Warm-Up
Open to all. Fences 2'3" with spreads not to exceed fence height. Entry Fee: $175 for this section. $50 per class. 60. Syracuse Hunter 61. Syracuse Hunter 62. Syracuse Hunter 63. Syracuse Hunter Under Saddle
Open to all. Fences 3'. Entry Fee: $175 for this section. $50 per class. 64. Empire Hunter 65. Empire Hunter 66. Empire Hunter 67. Empire Hunter Under Saddle
The Pyranha Fly Protection & Grooming Collection
Pyranha®On. Pests Gone.
E Q U I TAT I O N D I V I S I O N 202. PYRANHA CHILDREN'S MEDAL FINAL - HORSE
Entry Fee: $125 To be shown over a course of at least 10 fences at 3' including a combination and at least two changes of direction after the first fence. The top 12 riders will return for a second round. Further testing will be at the judge's discretion. The same horse must be used in all phases. Only one rider per horse. No cross entry of rider into the Children's Pony or 2'6" Children's or Adult Medal Finals.
502. Syracuse Child Equitation Classic - Horse
Entry Fee: $75 Open to riders competing in the Children's Medal Final on Horses. To be shown over a course of at least eight at fences the required height.
203. CHILD MEDAL FINAL - PONY (SM/MED) 204. CHILD MEDAL FINAL - PONY (LRG)
Entry Fee: $125 Fences 2'6" for Large Ponies; 2' for Small/Medium Ponies. To be shown over a course of at least 10 fences including a combination and at least two changes of direction after the first fence. The top 12 riders will return for a second round. Further testing will be at the judge's discretion. The same pony must be used in all phases. Only one rider per pony. No cross entry of rider into the Children's Horse Medal Final, the 2'6" Children's Medal Final, or the Junior or Junior/ Amateur Horsemanship Final.
503. Syracuse Child Equitation Classic - Ponies (Sm/Med) 504. Syracuse Child Equitation Classic - Ponies (Large)
Entry Fee: $75 Open to riders competing in the Children's Medal Final on Ponies. To be shown over a course of at least eight fences at the required height.
205. DOVER SADDLERY ADULT MEDAL FINAL
Entry Fee: $125 To be shown over a course of at least 10 fences at 3' including a combination and at least two changes of direction after the first fence. The top 12 riders will return for a second round. Further testing will be at the judge's discretion. The same horse must be used in all phases. Only one rider per horse. No cross entry of rider into the 2'6" Adult Medal Final.
505. Syracuse Adult Equitation Classic
Entry Fee: $75 Open to riders competing in the Adult Medal Final. To be shown over a course of at least eight fences at the required height.
206. 2’6” CHILDREN'S MEDAL FINAL 207. 2’6” ADULT MEDAL FINAL
Entry Fee: $125 To be shown over a course of at least 10 fences at 2’6” including two changes of direction after the first fence. The top 12 riders will return for a second round. Further testing will be at the judge’s discretion. The same horse/pony must be used in all phases. Only one rider per horse/pony. No cross entry of rider into the Children’s Horse or Adult (3’) Medal Finals or Children’s Pony Medal Finals, or any class with fences 3’ or higher.
506. Syracuse 2’6” Children’s Equitation Classic 507. Syracuse 2’6” Adult Equitation Classic
Entry Fee: $75 Open to riders competing in the 2’6” Children’s and Adult Medal Finals. To be shown over a course of at least eight fences at the required height.
208. JUNIOR/AMATEUR HORSEMANSHIP MEDAL FINAL
Entry Fee: $125 To be shown over a course of at least 10 fences at 3’3” including a Liverpool, combination and two changes of direction after the first fence. The top 12 riders will return to show on the flat. Flat phase to include the working walk, working trot sitting, working trot rising, working trot rising showing a lengthening of stride, working canter, working canter showing a lengthening of stride, and the counter canter. Further testing will be at the judge’s discretion. Running martingales or standing martingales allowed in the jumping phase. No martingales allowed in the flat phase. Change of bridle is permissible between phases. The same horse must be used in all phases. Only one rider per horse. Rider MAY cross enter into the Children’s Horse or Adult (3') Medal Finals.
508. Syracuse Junior/Amateur Equitation Classic
Entry Fee: $75 Open to riders competing in the Junior/Amateur Horsemanship Final. To be shown over a course of at least eight fences at the required height.
Dover Saddlery is a proud sponsor of the ®
Dover Saddlery Adult Medal and HITS Horse Shows Congratulations to all riders.
1-800-989-1500 | DoverSaddlery.com
JUMPER DIVISION SPECIFICATIONS FOR ALL JUMPER CLASSES Entry Procedure
Horses must list the division in which they will show on their entry blank.
Only standing or running martingales, used in a conventional manner are permitted. Draw reins or restricted martingales are prohibited.
Winners to ride for presentation of awards.
Proper attire required in all classes. Formal attire required for Classics.
Ties All ties involving first place shall be jumped off. Ties not involving first place will be decided upon time.
The Order-of-go will be drawn.
MODIFIED CHILDREN’S/ADULT JUMPER
LOW CHILDREN’S/ADULT JUMPER
To be ridden by Junior or Amateur Riders. The Rider, with a different horse, may cross enter into the Low Children’s Adult Jumper. Rider may not cross enter into any class with fences 3’6” or higher. Fences 2’11”; spreads to 3’.
To be ridden by Junior or Amateur Riders. The Rider, with a different horse, may cross enter into the Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper or High Children’s/ Adult Jumper. Fences 3’3”; spreads 3’-3’6”.
Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper Division
Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Division
Entry Fee: $150 for this Division. (Individual classes may NOT be entered).
Entry Fee: $150 for this Division. (Individual classes may NOT be entered)..
125. Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper - Time First Jump-off 126. Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic - Time First Jump-off
127. Low Children’s/Adult Jumper - Time First Jump-off 128. Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic - Time First Jump-off
SYRACUSE JUMPER DIVISION Open to all. Fences 2’6”; spreads to 2’6”. Entry Fee: $200 for this Division. $50 per class. 129. Syracuse Jumper 130. Syracuse Jumper 131. Syracuse Jumper 132. Syracuse Jumper
JUMPER DIVISION 301. Best Junior Rider - Horse Entry Fee: $35 To include all riders on horses in the Hunter, Jumper and Equitation Divisions. To be determined by a vote of the judges.
302. Best Junior Rider - Pony Entry Fee: $35 To include all riders on ponies in the Hunter, Jumper and Equitation Divisions. To be determined by a vote of the judges.
303. Best Adult Rider Entry Fee: $35 To include all riders on horses in the Hunter, Jumper and Equitation Divisions. To be determined by a vote of the judges.
GRAND HUNTER CHAMPION To be awarded to the horse or pony acquiring the greatest number of points in the Children’s Hunter, Children’s Hunter Pony, Adult Hunter, HITS Hunter.
MOVE AHEAD. STAY AHEAD. - WITH MOVEX®
125mg Chondroitin 4 Sulfate Intramuscular Injectables
Reduce Inflammation* Improve Mobility* Restore Superior Function*
movex.com VISIT US AT
OR SCAN QR CODE WITH YOUR CAMERA APP
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**USEF and FEI Compliant**
T E N TAT I V E T I M E S C H E D U L E FRIDAY Expo Arena Ticketed Warm-Up 60. 61. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 64. 65. 129. 130. 125. 127.
8 am – 11 am
Fences will be lowered to accommodate ponies. Times to be determined based on demand. Syracuse Hunter 2'3" Syracuse Hunter 2'3" HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Professional HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Professional HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Professional U/S *HITS Hunter 2'6" - Professional Championship Presentation HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Non-Professional HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Non-Professional HITS Working Hunter 2'6" - Non-Professional U/S *HITS Hunter 2'6" - Non-Pro Championship Presentation Empire Hunter 3’ Empire Hunter 3’ Syracuse Jumper Syracuse Jumper Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper, Time First Jump-Off Low Children’s/Adult Jumper, Time First Jump-Off
Expo Arena 8 am 131. Syracuse Jumper 132. Syracuse Jumper 126. Modified Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Time First Jump-Off 128. Low Children’s/Adult Jumper Classic, Time First Jump-Off 66. Empire Hunter 3’ 67. Empire Hunter 3’ U/S *Empire Hunter Championship Presentation 32. SmartPak Adult Working Hunter 34. SmartPak Adult Working Hunter U/S 35. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 14/U 38. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 15-17 26. HITS Working Hunter 2' 41 Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Small/Medium) 47. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Large) 62. Syracuse Hunter 2'3" 63. Syracuse Hunter 2'3" U/S *Syracuse Hunter Championship Presentation 550. Novice Children's/Adult Hunter Restricted Warm-Up 50. Novice Children's Hunter Classic 51. Novice Adult Hunter Classic 504. Syracuse Children's Equitation Classic - Ponies (Large) 503. Syracuse Children's Equitation Classic - Ponies (Sm/Med) 505. Syracuse Adult Equitation Classic 502. Syracuse Children's Equitation Classic - Horses 508. Syracuse Junior/Amateur Equitation Classic
Expo Arena 8 am 27. HITS Working Hunter 2' 28. HITS Working Hunter 2' - U/S *HITS Hunter 2' - Championship Presentation 42. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Small/Medium) 43. Children's Working Hunter U/S - Ponies (Small/Medium) *Child Hunter - Ponies Sm/Med Championship Presentation 48. Children's Working Hunter - Ponies (Large) 49. Children's Working Hunter U/S - Ponies (Large) *Child Hunter - Ponies Lrg Championship Presentation 519. Bit O' Straw Restricted Warm-Up 19. Bit O' Straw Hunter Classic 36. Children's Working Hunter - Horses 14/U 37. Children's Working Hunter U/S - Horses 14/U *Child Hunter - Horses 14/U Championship Presentation 39. Children's Working Hunter Horses 15-17 40. Children's Working Hunter U/S - Horses 15-17 *Child Hunter Horses - 15-17 Championship Presentation 33. SmartPak Adult Working Hunter Stake *SmartPak Adult Hunter Championship Presentation **Grand Hunter Championship Presentation 205. Dover Saddlery Adult Medal Final 202. Pyranha Children's Medal Final - Horses 208. Junior/Amateur Horsemanship Medal Final 506. Syracuse 2'6" Children's Equitation Classic 206. 2'6" Children's Medal Final 507. Syracuse 2'6" Adult Equitation Classic 207. 2'6" Adult Medal Final *Best Junior Rider – Horse Presentation *Best Adult Rider Presentation 203. Children's Medal Final - Ponies (Sm/Med) 204. Children's Medal Final - Ponies (Large) *Best Junior Rider - Pony Presentation
COLOR SEX HT.
$ 175 $ 175 $ 175 $ 175 $ 175 $ 175 $ 175 $ 125 $ 125 $ 200 $ 150 $ 150 $ 175 $ 175
3 HITS Hunter 2'6" - Non-Prof. 4 HITS Hunter 2' 6 SmartPak Adult Hunter 7 Child Hunter - Horse 14/U 8 Child Hunter - Horse 15-17 9 Child Hunter - Pony S/M 11 Child Hunter - Pony L 12 Novice Child Hunter 13 Novice Adult Hunter 14 Syracuse Jumper 16 Modified Child/Adult Jumper 17 Low Child/Adult Jumper 18 Syracuse Hunter 19 Empire Hunter
RIDER/HANDLER SIGNATURE: Print Name:
Print Name: (Required if Rider/Handler is a minor)
52 Best Rider - Adult
(if applicable) Print Name:
51 Best Rider - Pony
50 Best Rider - Horse
39 Novice Child/Adult Warm-up
38 Bit O' Straw Warm-up
37 Syracuse Equitation - Jr/Am 3'3"
36 Syracuse Equitation - Adult 2'6"
35 Syracuse Equitation - Child 2'6"
34 Syracuse Equitation - Adult 3'
33 Syracuse Equitation - Pony L
32 Syracuse Equitation - Pony S/M
31 Syracuse Equitation - Child 3'
27 M&S Jr/Am Horsemanship
26 M&S 2'6" Adult Medal
25 M&S 2'6" Child Medal
24 Dover Adult Medal
23 M&S Child Medal - Pony L
22 M&S Child Medal - Pony S/M
2 HITS Hunter 2'6" - Prof.
21 Pyranha Child Medal - Horse
1 Bit O' Straw Hunter
CANADIAN EXHIBITORS REFER TO PRIZE LIST “RULES AND REGS” AS TO P AYMENT IN U.S. FUNDS
$300 x ______ =$_________
$ 50 x ______ =$_________
RV Hook up
Post Entry Fee
In addition to the fees required with this entry, a signed Open Check or Credit Card Authorization must accompany this entry or be lodged with the show secretary before entry number will be issued.
Total Amount Enclosed $_________
(must be included with entries after closing date)
$275 x ______ =$_________
Total Entry Fees
Stalls, RV's Paddocks & Horse Deposit are Non Refundable after Oct. 6, 2021
M&S INDOOR FINALS
HITS, Inc. 319 Main St., Saugerties, NY 12477 845.246.8833 | info@HITSShows.com
ENTRIES RECEIVED: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Use Division #’s to enter classes for Rider 1 & Rider 2. Write Division #’s in space above # Division Name Entry Fee # Division Name Entry Fee
BY SIGNING BELOW, I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL APPLICABLE RULES OF THE HORSE SHOW AND ALL TERMS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS ENTRY BLANK.
EVERY ENTRY AT THIS COMPETITION SHALL CONSTITUTE AN AGREEMENT AND AFFIRMATION THAT ALL PARTICIPANTS (WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE OWNER, LESSEE, TRAINER, MANAGER, AGENT, COACH, DRIVER, RIDER, HANDLER, AND THE HORSE), FOR THEMSELVES, THEIR PRINCIPALS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS: (1) SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION; (2) REPRESENT THAT EVERY HORSE, RIDER, DRIVER, AND HANDLER IS E LIGIBLE AS ENTERED; (3) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE RULES OF THE COMPETITION, AND AGREE TO HOLD THE COMPETITION, THEIR OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FOR ANY ACTION TAKEN; (4) AGREE THAT AS A CONDITION OF AND IN CONSIDERATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRY, THEY AUTHORIZE THE COMPETITION MANAGEMENT TO MARKET, TRANSFER, ASSIGN OR OTHERWISE MAKE USE OF ANY PHOTOGRAPHS, LIKENESSES, FILMS, BROADCASTS, CABLECASTS, AUDIOTAPES, OR VIDEOTAPES TAKEN OF THE HORSE(S) AND PARTICIPANT(S) WHILE ON THE GROUNDS, INCIDENT TO, OR IN TRANSIT BETWEEN, THE STABLING FACILITY, AND THE EVENT SITE, IN ANY WAY THEY SEE FIT FOR THE PROMOTION, COVERAGE, OR BENEFIT OF THE EVENT OR SPORT WITHOUT COMPENSATION TO ANY OF THEM, SO LONG AS THE USE NEITHER JEOPARDIZES AMATEUR STATUS NOR ENDORSES A SPECIFIC PRODUCT OR SERVICE, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH USE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM TO INVASION OF PRIVACY, RIGHT OF PUBLICITY, OR TO M ISAPPROPRIATION; AND (5) AGREE THAT THEY PARTICIPATE VOLUNTARILY IN THE COMPETITION FULLY AWARE THAT HORSE SPORTS AND THE COMPETITION INVOLVE INHERENT DANGEROUS RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, AND BY PARTICIPATING THEY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR LOSS, AND THEY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE COMPETITION AND THEIR OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS INCLUDING FOR ANY INJURY OR LOSS SUFFERED DURING OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH CLAIM, INJURY OR LOSS RESULTED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SAID OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS OF THE COMPETITION. REFERENCES TO THE “COMPETITION” IN THE FOREGOING STATEMENT SHALL PERTAIN TO THE MARSHALL & STERLING INSURANCE LEAGUE NATIONAL FINALS.
OFFICE USE ONLY
OR SS# __ __ __ - __ __ - __ __ __ __ Fed ID # __ __ - __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Address
Name of OR Individual Corporation
RECIPIENT OF PRIZE MONEY AWARDS
M&S INDOOR FINALS: October 29-31, 2021
OFFICE USE ONLY
“Farming is in our blood. Providing great service and products to our customers has been passed on down through generations of my family.” —Chris Johnson, Owner
Hay / Bedding / Grain EasternHay.com| 845-855-3291 | Pawling, NY Proud Sponsor and Official Hay Provider of HITS Horse Shows Exclusive provider of Hay for the HITS Horse Show
Animals speak louder than words. If there’s greatness on the inside, it shows on the outside.
Purina® understands there’s a lot riding on our horses. It’s why we partner with them and why our feed of choice is Purina® Ultium® Competition horse formula. Ultium® delivers mental focus and manageability, quick recovery & muscle repair, prolonged stamina, and less digestive upset so we can perform at the top of our game. To learn more visit your Purina Retailer or PurinaMills.com/Horse-Feed
© 2017 Purina Animal Nutrition LLC. All Rights Reserved.
P R E - S H O W F E E D & B E D D I N G O R D E R , H O R S E WAT C H DELIVERY INFORMATION Trainer's Name
__________________________________________________ (Trainer's Name - Not Farm Name)
__________________________________________________ (If different from Trainer above) (Trainer's Name - Not Farm Name)
ORDER INFORMATION Shavings
___________ (45 bags in a pallet)
Hay (Timothy) ___________ Omolene 100 - ___________ 10% Sweetfeed Impact - ___________ Pellet 10%
Purina Equine Senior
Purina Strategy ___________ GX
Purina Strategy ___________ Healthy Edge
ALL PRE-SHOW ORDERS MUST BE ON THIS FORM OR SUBMITTED ONLINE AT HITSSHOWS.COM
BILLING INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY 1. IF BILLED TO TRAINER: Enter Trainer's Name (DO NOT Use Farm Name) TRAINERS PLEASE NOTE: You may split your charges for feed and bedding among your customers after arrival. This must be done in the show office by Friday of each horse show week. You should advise your customers that these charges will be on their horse show bill and that they should not check out until after you have split your charges. Only the total dollar amount will be split, i.e., we will not split specific quantities of shavings or hay to each customer. However, you may charge different dollar amounts to your customers to account for individual usage.
Bill To: Trainer Name _____________________________________________
PLEASE DO NOT PHONE IN FEED ORDERS
(Trainer's Name - Not Farm Name)
2. IF BILLED TO INDIVIDUAL: Enter Horse Name (of horse entered in show), Owner Name and Trainer Name.
Bill To: Horse Name_______________________________________________
Trainer Name _____________________________________________ (Trainer's Name - Not Farm Name)
YOU MAY SEND THIS FORM WITH YOUR ENTRIES OR FAX AT A LATER DATE
YOU MAY SEND THIS FORM WITH YOUR ENTRIES OR FAX AT A LATER DATE During the Horse Shows please fax to 845.246.2289. You may also place your order online at HitsShows.com.
ENTRIES MAY NOT BE FAXED
Ordered By____________________________________________ Signature______________________________________________ Date_________________
HITS HORSE WATCH
(Please complete this form. Horse Watch is a mandatory service. See Rules and Regulations.)
Arrival Date ________________ Depart Date ___________________
Hotel Name or On-site RV description ______________________________________
Emergency Contact 1 _______________________________________
Hotel Name or On-site RV description ______________________________________
Emergency Contact 2 _______________________________________
Hotel Name or On-site RV description ______________________________________
Rm /Lot #___________
Hotel Ph ___________________________
Hotel Ph ___________________________
Hotel Ph ___________________________
SCIENTIFICALLY FORMULATED SUPPLEMENTS FOR
HORSES | DOGS | CATS 1-866-ADEPTUS
G E N E R A L I N F O R M AT I O N , R U L E S & R E G U L AT I O N S CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION: The Horse Show Committee
reserves the right to itself to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to or arising out of, or incident to the show without claims for damages or recourse of any kind. All questions not covered in these Rules and Regulations shall be decided by the Horse Show Management; its decision to be final. The Horse Show Management reserves to itself the right to limit entries in any class, section or division, to refuse, accept conditionally, or to cancel any entries, disqualify any riders or exhibitors, prohibit exhibition of entries, and cancel award prizes, without any claim for damages; to change any course, to add a dotted line, to cancel or combine any unfilled classes, or to reschedule classes, after due notice to exhibitors; to change rings or rotate judges; to change specifications in jumper classes as competition warrants. Every horse entered herein for competition will be under the control of the Horse Show Management, but the Show Management will in no case be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur, and it shall be a condition of entry that each exhibitor shall hold the horse show and the officials, employees, directors, officers, sponsoring entities of the horse show and the facilities at which the horse show is held blameless for any loss or accident to his horse(s), employee(s), or equipment which may occur from sickness, fire or other cause.
ENTRY CLOSING DATE: On-Time Entries must be RECEIVED by: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
• Entries must be Received by the date shown above to avoid late penalties. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Exhibitors are advised to use a form of expedited mail service when sending entries in order to ensure that their entries are received by the date above. • Fees must be paid in U.S. funds. Visa, Master Card, & American Express are accepted. See the insert in this book for forms and instructions for paying by credit card. • Canadian Exhibitors: Checks drawn on Canadian banks must be preprinted by a financial institution with the legend "U.S. Funds". • All entries must be paid in full at the time of application. • The following fees for each horse must accompany the entry blank: a) Stall Fees b) Class Entry Fees c) RV fees • Entry Form must be completed in its entirety. • Entry Forms should be sent to and checks payable to: HITS, Inc., 319 Main Street, Saugerties, NY 12477.
TRAINER’S BARN ACCOUNT: Trainers must create a “Barn Account”
Entry Blank if ordering tack stalls, paddocks, RVs, will order feed/shavings, and will do trainer splits. • Enter the Trainer’s info on the Entry Blank in both the Owner and Trainer boxes. • Enter “Barn Account” on the Entry Blank in the “Horse Name” box. • Individual owners/riders should add miscellaneous items like extra stalls, paddocks, RVs, etc., to their horse’s entry blank.
• Entries received after the Closing Date will be late and subject to a Post Entry Fee of $50. • A Signed Open Check or Credit Card Authorization must be lodged with the Show Secretary before Numbers are issued. • Management will close Exhibitor Accounts that have not been settled at the conclusion of each show. Billing questions or refunds will not be considered. • Receipt of any entry form in the HITS office, submitted by mail, fax, email or electronically, whether bearing signature or not, will constitute an entry and will be subject to the Rules and Regulations of this prize list.
• Classes may only be entered or declared by using a Class Number. A Class Number written on the Entry Form, Add Scratch Form, or Barn Add/Scratch Form constitutes a Class Entry or Class Declaration. • An entry with incomplete information for horse, owner, rider or trainer, such as a horse entered as “Entry” or “TBA” or any such derivative, will be subject to the $50 Incomplete Entry Fee.
• Equitation riders must ride the horse and wear the number of the horse they have entered to ride. There is no penalty for the rider to scratch an equitation class from one horse and add it on another horse. Exhibitors who enter an equitation class on one horse and ride or wear another horse's number will be charged on both horses. • Any exhibitor who does not compete in a class in which he/she is officially entered, and does not scratch according to the Scratch Procedures outlined below, will be billed for the class. • Horses shown in a class without being officially entered will be assessed a penalty as shown below. • Exhibitors are responsible for a knowledge of the Rules and Regulations governing the horse show and for their own errors and omissions. In the case of a violation of a cross entry restriction, the exhibitor will forfeit the entry fee, class placing and Prize money award. • Show means the Show Week. • Non-showing horse is designated writing "Non-Showing" in the box for “Classes” and must be on the entry form when entry is submitted. A non-showing horse who ultimately enters the show will be considered a Post Entry. Leaving the class area "Blank" constitutes an entry and will be charged a scratch fee.
POST ENTRY FEES:
• Entry received after the Closing Date - $50 • Incomplete Entry $50 (See Entry Clarification above)
SCHEDULE CHANGES & UPDATES
The Class Schedule may be changed depending on number of entries in certain classes. Days and approximate times of classes will not change. Visit HitsShows. com for updated schedules one week prior to each show and nightly after 7 pm for the next day's schedule.
ADD/SCRATCH/CHANGE: Any class add, scratch, or change, or any
complete Show Scratch must be made in writing in the Show office on an official form, or by facsimile, or by letter and received prior to the start of the applicable class or show. Scratching a class "at the gate" is not considered an official scratch. Once a class or division begins, it may not be scratched, except for a Vet Scratch. If a Vet Scratch, the horse must be scratched in the Show office on the day of the class and the Official Show Vet's Certificate must be received that day. Scratch Fee will still apply. A class that has been closed may not be scratched. • Scratch Class NC No Charge if scratched before class starts. Once class or division has started it may not be scratched. • Scratch Show $50 In addition to any Stall Fees, RV fees or VIP fees, if entry scratched after the closing date. • Add Class NC No additional charge if added in the show office according to the procedure above. • Horse Substitution $60 ($50 Scratched Entry and $10 Substitute Entry) • Horse Shown in class $20 Per class - if not entered in the show but not Entered office according to the procedure above.
COMBINING, DIVIDING OR CANCELING DIVISIONS, CLASSES OR CLASSICS: The Decision to Combine, Cancel or Divide
classes will be made at the discretion of Show Management within one hour of the close of the Horse Show Office the night before the class. The update will be noted on the “How Many” schedule on the website. • Combining: Once a class/classic/division has been combined due to insufficient entries, it will not be re-divided for additional entries on the day of the class. • Dividing: A class/classic/division that has been offered as split may be combined on the day of if scratched entries warrant. Management has the right to run all sections of the class/classic/division in their entirety before pinning if insufficient entries seem likely. • Canceling: A class/classic/division that has been cancelled due to insufficient entries will not be reinstated for additional entries on the day of the class.
• Refund of pre-paid fees will be given for show scratches adhering to the procedure above received prior to or on the Closing Date. • Refund for Horse Deposits, Stalls, and RV Sites will not be given after the Closing Date. Exhibitors are responsible for any such outstanding fees. • If eligible for refund, a check for refund due less an office fee of $25 will be mailed within 30 days after the completion of the Horse Show. • Requests for Refund will not be considered after the show.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M AT I O N , R U L E S & R E G U L AT I O N S C O N T I N U E D MOVE IN / MOVE OUT DATE RESTRICTIONS
Note: Arrival for stabling assignments must be between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm
daily. Off-hour arrival allowed only with prior approval of Horse Show Management. • Weekly Items: Stalls and RV Spaces available Monday noon to Monday noon of the Show Week. RV SPACES: On-site RV spaces include water, sewer and electric hook-up. RV Spaces are non-refundable after the closing date of entries. RV Sites ordered after the closing date of entries will be accepted on a space available basis and may be subject to a Late RV fee of $50 additional per week. RV Weekly $300 STABLING: Stalls are permanent, 10’x12’, with doors. After the closing date of entries, stall fees are not refundable. Any stall order made by entry, fax, email or other method will be considered an official stall order. Stall Weekly $275 NOTE: Bedding on straw is prohibited except when the horse’s health is at risk. Prior approval from the Stabling Office is required. Clean-up fee may apply.
• Feed Store: Hay, grain and bedding may be purchased on the grounds. For deliveries prior to or upon arrival, use the Feed Order form in the prize list or online. Place orders by noon for same day delivery. No deliveries on Sunday. Questions or discrepancies in deliveries will not be considered unless brought to the attention of the Feed Office within 24 hours of placing the order. No commercial feed or bedding source will be permitted to deliver on the show grounds. • Trainer's Splits: This service allows trainers to split the show charges for miscellaneous items to their clients. Splits will be accepted until noon on Friday. Only items billed by the horse show such as feed, bedding, tack stalls, etc., will be split. Only dollar amounts will be split and totals will be rounded up to the nearest dollar. Splits will revert back to the trainer for payment if uncollected. • Returned Checks or Credit Cards, for any reason, will be assessed a penalty of $50 or 10% of the face value of the check/credit card charge, whichever is greater. Upon notification, exhibitors will have three days to make full payment, including penalty, in certified funds, cashier's check, money order, or credit card. An additional 3% Retail Adjustment will be added to all Credit Card transactions. A monthly service fee equal to 18% per annum will begin accruing after 30 days. Note: First time returned checks will automatically be redeposited. Any person presenting non-negotiable payment at this show will be barred from competing in any HITS show until the account is paid. • Cash Only may be required if you have previously given a non-negotiable check to HITS. Contact our office.
FACILITY INFORMATION • • • •
Footing is a sand/felt mixture. Ring Size: The Expo Arena measures 140’ x 280’. Food Service will be available every day. Lungeing will be allowed in the designated areas only.
• Accidents Involving Competitors: In the event of a head injury due to a fall/ accident, the competitor may be prohibited from further competition until released by medical personnel. In some cases, the competitor may not return to competition without a signed release from a licensed medical professional. • Protective Headgear is compulsory for all persons at Federation licensed hunter, jumper or hunter/jumper competitions in all Hunter, Jumper and Hunt Seat Equitation classes, when mounted anywhere on the competition grounds, to wear properly fastened protective headgear which meets or exceeds ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)/SEI (Safety Equipment Institute) standards for equestrian use and carries the SEI tag. It must be properly fitted with harness secured. It is the responsibility of the rider, or the parent or guardian or trainer of the junior exhibitor to see to it that the headgear worn complies with appropriate safety standards for protective headgear intended for equestrian use, and is properly fitted and in good condition, and the Federation, Show Committee and Licensed Official are not responsible for checking headgear worn for such compliance. • Motorized Vehicles and Golf Carts. Minors who do not have a valid driver's license that allows them to operate a motorized vehicle in the state in which they reside will not be permitted to operate a motorized vehicle of any kind, including, but not limited to, golf carts, motorcycles, scooters, or farm utility vehicles, on the Competition grounds of licensed competitions. Minors who have a valid temporary license may operate the above described motorized vehicles as long as they are accompanied by an adult with a valid driver's license. The parent(s), legal guardian(s),
or individual who signs the entry blank as a parent or guardian of a minor operating a motorized vehicle in violation of this rule are solely responsible for any damages, claims, losses or actions resulting from that operation. Violations of this rule will be cause for sanctions against the parent(s), guardian(s) and/or trainer(s) who are responsible for the child committing the offense. Penalties may include exclusion of the child, parent(s), guardian(s), and/or trainer(s) from the competition grounds for the remainder of the competition. Wheelchairs and other mobility assistance devices for individuals with disabilities are exempt from this rule. Electric Golf Carts will not be permitted to plug in to any electrical outlet on the grounds. • Dogs must be restrained on the show grounds. Loose dogs will be picked up and detained and the owner fined $100. The owner may be barred from showing and expelled from the show grounds for a second offense, or for refusal to pay the fine, and will not be entitled to any refund of entry or stabling fees paid or due. Management reserves the right to call Animal Control to have an animal removed from the premises. • Electrical/Fire Regulations. Electrical installation and connections must meet all state and county codes. Aisles shall be maintained clear for a minimum of six feet wide by eight feet high. No obstructions or projections shall be allowed in these aisles. No Class I Flammable Liquids such as gasoline are allowed inside the buildings. Cooking is not permitted within any stable area. Anyone found in violation shall be subject to dismissal from further participation in the horse show without recourse. Additional appliances are not permitted within any stable area. Anyone found in violation shall be subject to confiscation of the item(s). • Stall Alterations are strictly forbidden. The removal of stall tent side poles, side ropes and/or stakes/anchors is strictly prohibited. Any exhibitor found in violation will be issued a single warning. If violation continues, Management reserves the right to remove from the show grounds all property belonging to or under the control of said violator. Further, Management reserves the right to bar any exhibitor found to be in violation from any further participation in the horse show without recourse to any refund of entry or stabling fees paid or due. • Damage. Owners and exhibitors shall be held responsible for damage caused by them, their agents or employees to stalls, buildings and other properties on the show grounds, and shall be billed accordingly.
HEALTH & VETERINARY
• Equine Health Requirements will be enforced. All horses (competing or not) that enter the grounds are required to present the Health Entry Requirements which include the HITS Event Participation Declaration, and Proof of Vaccination for EIV (Equine Influenza Virus) and EHV 1 and 4 (Equine Herpes Virus). All horses are subject to examination by HITS officials/designated representatives and/or state officials (collectively “officials”) for determining whether such animals are, or have been infected/exposed, or are likely to become infected with an infectious or contagious disease. If after such examination, officials have reason to believe that an animal’s health condition places other animals at risk, such officials, at their sole discretion, may quarantine such animal (and others that may have been infected/exposed) or, if appropriate, require that such animals be transported off the grounds. All participants agree to fully cooperate with event officials and abide by their decisions and instructions. Failure to comply shall be grounds for immediate expulsion and potential disciplinary action by organization, state/local or federal animal health officials. All exhibitors are encouraged to review the equine health entry/transport requirements of the destination state prior to entry. • Sharps and Medical Waste must be placed in the proper receptacles. Anyone found in violation shall be subject to a fine or other penalties deemed necessary by Show Management. • Show Veterinarian phone number will be posted at the Show Office. • Alcoholic Beverages in any form may not be brought onto the show grounds.
PARCEL DELIVERIES - Management will not be responsible for mail or parcel deliveries made to exhibitors, vendors or others. Please make arrangements accordingly.
MAIL, TELEPHONE & WEB
• Prior to Show: HITS, Inc., 319 Main Street, Saugerties, NY 12477 845.246.8833 • During Show: Great New York State Fairgrounds, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13209 315.487.7711 • HITSShows.com | info@HITSShows.com
WE ARE HORSE HEALTH
Stop by our Mobile Store on Show Grounds! AFTER THE SHOW SHOP ONLINE AT FARMVET.COM OR CALL 888.837.3626!
DIRECTIONS From the West - Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 East) to Exit 39, then follow Rt. 690 East to Exit 7 toward Fairgrounds, Solvay. Turn right onto State Fair Blvd. From the East - Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow Rt. 690 West to Exit 7 toward Fairgrounds, Solvay. Turn right onto State Fair Blvd. From the North - Take Interstate 81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to Rt. 690 West to Exit 7 toward Fairgrounds, Solvay. Turn right onto State Fair Blvd. From the South - Take Interstate 81 North into Syracuse, then follow Rt. 690 West to Exit 7 toward Fairgrounds, Solvay. Turn right onto State Fair Blvd.
The prices in this catalog reflect a discount for paying by cash, check, or other means not involving a credit card. A retail price catalog is available upon request or at HitsShows.com
HITS ACCEPTS VISA, MASTERCARD & AMEX FOR PAYMENTS Credit Card transactions will be processed at Retail Prices.
To use your Visa, MasterCard or American Express to pay for amounts due with entry(ies) such as horse deposit, stalls, RV’s, etc., please complete the form below and send with your entry(ies). PLEASE NOTE: This form must be filled out completely. All fields are required in order to process payment. Incomplete forms may cause entry(ies) to be considered late.
Amount due with Entry(ies)
Trainer: ____________________________ Office Use only
___________________________________________________________________________ Name on Card (exactly as it appears)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Billing Address of Card
[ ] Visa [ ] MC [ ]AMEX __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
__ __/__ __
__ __ __
I authorize HITS, Inc. to charge my card for all amounts due to HITS, Inc. with respect to the enclosed entry-ies. X _________________________________________ ________________ Signature
_________________________ ______________________ Phone
SETTING THE STANDARD FOR 40 YEARS Complete design services and fine craftsmanship Custom barns, arenas, outbuildings and living quarters
1-888-354-4740 | www.kingbarns.com
E Q U I N E H E A LT H E N T R Y R E Q U I R E M E N T S Protecting the health of your horse and other horses at HITS Indoor Final is of the utmost importance to HITS. Beginning in 2013, HITS implemented Required Biosecurity Measures to decrease the risk of introduction and/or spread of contagious or infectious disease at its shows. Horses must arrive only between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm daily. Off-hours arrival must obtain permission from Show Management, by calling 315.487.7711, 24 hours prior to arrival. UPON ARRIVAL TO NYSF EXPO CENTER, ALL HORSES MUST HAVE/PROVIDE:
EVENT PARTICIPATION DECLARATION
Signed by the owner/agent/trainer verifying that the horse has been healthy with no sign of infectious disease and has not had a fever above 102°F within 72 hours (3 days) of arrival. The Event Participation form must be on file for the duration of the show. The Event Participation Declaration Form is available in this prize list and at HitsShows.com.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
Via a signed statement from the attending veterinarian that the horse has been vaccinated against the following: Within 6 months (180 days) of each show: Equine Influenza Within 6 months (180 days) of each show: EHV 1 and EHV 4 If a vaccination will expire during the show, the horse must receive its new vaccination prior to being issued a competition number. PRESENTATION OF HEALTH REQUIREMENTS The Equine Health Requirements are Required for all horses entering the Exposition Center both Showing and Non-Showing. These documents must be filed in the Show Office before any competition numbers will be issued. In addition, random checks for Equine Health Requirements will occur. Be sure to keep a copy of all of your horse’s Equine Health Requirements in an easily accessible spot (in your tack room or tack trunk, truck or trailer) to ensure you can comply with this requirement. The results on all required papers must indicate the horse’s registered (show) name. Any horse not accompanied by these documents will be directed to the Show Veterinarian to obtain the required documents and/or vaccinations, and/or will be placed in quarantined stabling until the proper documents are obtained. Any horse showing signs of fever/illness/stress is subject to examination by HITS Officials and/or the Show Veterinarian, who may at their sole discretion, place the horse in quarantined stabling or take further action if deemed necessary. See Rules and Regs for more information, and visit HITSShows.com for the most up to date requirements.
2021 M&S INDOOR FINALS | EVENT PARTICIPATION DECLARATION Upon arrival to M&S Indoor Finals, I hereby certify the following: Trainer's Name
If Person Completing Form Is Different From Trainer Named Above, Please Complete The Agent Information Below:
All Horses, Showing or Non-Showing, Must be listed below.
Horses in Shipment
Date of Arrival ____ / _____ / _____
Non Horse Name (use Show Name)
Attach additional pages if necessary
Stabled on Fair Grounds property? q Ship-In? q Location: ___________________________
Origination Information Address from which horse(s) were moved to the event: Farm Name __________________________________
Contact Name _____________________________
Attending Veterinarian __________________________
Horse Health Declaration I declare that the horse(s) named above have been in good health, with body temperature below 102°F, eating normally and have shown no signs of infectious disease for the three (3) days preceding arrival at this event. By signing below I affirm that I have the authority to sign on behalf of the Trainer and/or Agent listed above. Signature _________________________________________ Print Name
Date _____ / _____ / _____
The Marshall & Sterling Insurance Company has once again partnered with the Marshall & Sterling League to offer a spectacular Indoor Finals...
Published on Sep 8, 2021
The Marshall & Sterling Insurance Company has once again partnered with the Marshall & Sterling League to offer a spectacular Indoor Finals...