Daffodil Day Selling Guide Dougalâ€™s Top Tips to make Daffodil Day a Success!
Thank you for volunteering on Daffodil Day! We rely on you and hundreds of people like you to help us raise millions of dollars each year. Cancer Council receives no government funding and we are entirely dependent on the goodwill and generosity of the Australian community to fund our work. Money you raise on Daffodil Day funds Cancer Councils work in a number of areas: $5 can help fund our transport services so we can help people on their way to hospital $20 can help us run the Cancer Council Helpline â€“ 13 11 20 â€“ offering support and information to cancer patients, carers and health professionals $30 can help fund clinical trials, to help find better ways to prevent, treat and diagnose cancer. $50 can help fund groundbreaking research to ensure ongoing improvements in preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer We hope these tips will inspire you to raise as much as you can on Daffodil Day and most importantly, to have FUN on the big day!
1. Be Seen! Why not wear a yellow t-shirt, hat or even a wig! Let everyone know itâ€™s Daffodil Day!
2. Be Approachable! Smile brightly and say hello to people as they head your way. Draw attention to your stall by spruiking.
Please buy a daffodil for Daffodil Day!
3. Think outside the square! People buy Daffodil Day items for different reasons – ask them how they would like to show their support. The Present Looking for something fun for you or the kids? What about a ball or a Dougal Bear?
The Practical Item Are you after something useful? What about one of our Daffodil Day pens?
The Giver Got enough “stuff” in your life? Do you want to support the cancer cause and the work of Cancer Council? What about one of our tax deductible donation cards?
4. Be confident and helpful! “Let me show you what we’ve got for sale!”
Once they have a Dougal bear in their hands the sale is as good as done!
5. Be friendly and polite! You might come across someone who isn’t having a great day, but a cheerful smile could result in a donation!
“If you like giving flowers, receiving flowers or just having them around….
… then please buy a daffodil on Daffodil Day”
6. Upsell! 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85 so this is a cause that affects us all in some way. Our funky new donation cards are for people who wish to give more – so don’t be afraid to offer them to customers – “How would you like to buy $20 worth of cancer research?”
7. Get Loud! Get your friends or colleagues to volunteer with you â€“ they just need to register with the Cancer Council to take part.
Volunteers can register online at daffodilday.com.au or call 1300 65 65 85
8. Sell out! Aim to sell all your stock â€“ the best result is an empty table at the end of the day!
Remember, every pen, donation pin and bear sold makes a difference – by coming together we can raise vital funds to hopefully find a cure one day, and show today’s cancer patients that they’re not alone.
Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20 For confidential advice and information about all aspects of cancer