The Premier Club on the Great Lakes
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
It is the express mission of the Bay Harbor Yacht Club to serve its members as the social center of the Bay Harbor Community with exceptional services, programs and facilities.
OUR EMPLOYEE COMMITMENT
• Excellence in member and guest satisfaction
• Excellence in employee morale because happy employees make happy members
• Excellence in teamwork because it is only through teamwork that we can achieve our vision
• Excellence in integrity because it is only with honesty, mutual respect and trust that we can achieve our goals
• Excellence in citizenship because being a good citizen who contributes time, energy and resources for the improvement of our community builds our long term success
• Excellence in exceeding our financial goals because we must succeed financially to achieve all other goals
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Bay Harbor Yacht Club shall be the premier club on the Great Lakes offering a full range of world class activities that connect family, friends and the community.
• Excellence in recognizing that our members, guests and employees are our partners in all that we strive to achieve
• Excellence in growth, continuous improvement and flexibility so that we grow and change with times
• Excellence in being a leader in the Club Resort industry
• Excellence in conducting ourselves in such a way as to live up to the Mission Statement
• Excellence in recognizing that talking about and writing vision and mission statements are only first steps. We must live them and deliver on them to be a successful, profitable business
Who We Are
Bay Harbor Yacht Club is a private club located on Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay near Petoskey, Charlevoix and Harbor Springs. Bay Harbor Yacht Club provides breathtaking views and exceptional service for both guests and members year round. Some of our amenities include several exquisite restaurants, multiple recreational programs and activities, and large event spaces. BHYC has expanded our amenities to make way for new opportunities including a new Aquatics Center, seasonal dining and indoor Grille Room, and a Relaxation Spa! We are a fun place to work and look forward to having you join our team!
We are located directly off US-31; about 5 minutes outside of Petoskey, and 15 minutes outside of Charlevoix. We have our own entrance, so look for the Bay Harbor Yacht Club sign on the water side of the highway.
Learn hospitality skills that can be useful in any career, including:
• Customer service
• Team building
• Departmental communication
• Situational management
Interact and build relationships with members and families of the Club.
Enjoy being part of a diverse team of hospitality professionals from around the world.
Become part of a culture that is building on perfection as we advance into the new era of BHYC!
FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD
In 2022 alone, we employed staff members from 10 different countries including: Croatia, Russia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Turkey, Dominican Republic, South Africa, Mexico and Puerto Rico,
Bay Harbor Yacht Club is honored to have been granted the Distinguished Clubs Special “ELITE” Designation, which declares BHYC as one of the finest private clubs in the world.
We are proud to serve over 700 members at the Club, from all ages and all parts of the nation.
The Culinary Department at BHYC prides itself on creating world class cuisine using the finest and freshest ingredients in northern Michigan, including ingredients from BHYC’s very own sustainable garden. Be a part of the team that is dedicated to innovation and quality in leading the culinary scene at BHYC!
The Culinary Department services 3 dining venues and banquet events during the peak summer season and year round!
Part and Full time positions are available, with opportunities for available overtime. Uniforms are provided, as well as cleaning service. Assignments are based on candidate’s skill level and area of interest.
Lead Line Cook
For cooks with at least 3 years of previous culinary experience , help train and lead cooks to successfully prepare and create dishes in a la carte venues and catered events.
A la Carte Cook
Create and deliver fine dining and casual dining menu dishes to the restaurant outlets.
Create, plate and deliver both small and large scale banquet event meals.
Learn to prepare food items used in the outlet and banquet kitchens.
Ensure all kitchen tools, dishware and utensils are properly cleaned for use.
Executive ChefDarnell Devine
Bay Harbor Yacht Club’s Dining Team services three outstanding restaurants and banquet functions, ranging from casual to epicurean to weddings to member events! Whether serving a dinner for two, a family outing, or special event, dining at BHYC is always a special occasion!
Food and Beverage Positions may be involved with Banquet Events depending on business need.
Part and Full time positions available, with opportunities for additional overtime.
Interacting with members and guests to take food orders.
Assist with plating food, clearing tables, and general assistance for servers. Great for applicants under 18 looking to start in the Hospitality Industry.
Create signature BHYC drinks and serve to members and guests.
Acts as Dining Supervisor for designated restaurant. Fills in as server or bartender when needed. Must have 2 3 years prior server or bartender experience.
Clubhouse ManagerMatt Nelson
ACTIVITIES & AQUATICS
Department: Activities & Aquatics
BHYC offers a variety of activities for the families of BHYC, including a beach area and newly completed Aquatics Center, complete with an Olympic size swimming pool and Children’s Splash Pad. Families can swim and enjoy outdoor activities such as paddle boarding, swimming, and kid’s playground. Sailing is offered via BHYC’s Sailing Program and allows Junior Sailors of all levels to get out on the water in Bay Harbor Lake.
Kid’s programming is growing at BHYC with the addition of our new Kid’s Center! Tots and Juniors can participate in day camps during the summer that include arts and crafts, field trips, and a variety of activities hosted by our camp counselors.
Work with children and adults to teach the basics of water safety and sailing. Previous sailing experience required.
Work with children through Junior Camp programming activities and field trips.
Ensure safe conditions and supervision of Beach and Aquatics areas. Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certification required.
Assist members with Beach and Pool amenities, conduct interactive games and activities.
Junior Program DirectorKate McCaffery Kenny
Bay Harbor Yacht Club is kept pristinely clean by our hardworking Housekeeping team. The Housekeeping team works behind the scenes ensuring that all areas are presentable and ready to welcome our members around the clock.
Housekeeping is a great fit for employees who pride themselves on thoroughness and attention to detail. Housekeeper positions also offer flexible scheduling and opportunities for independent work as well as team projects.
Part and Full time positions available, with opportunities for additional overtime
• Restocking of locker room amenities and linen
• Cleaning of all locker room showers and public restrooms
• Laundering all pool, beach and locker room linen
• Vacuuming and dusting all guest area hallways and entrances
• Performing special cleaning projects as assigned, such as carpet cleaning
Director of HousekeepingMargaret Pflug
The Maintenance team at BHYC keeps the BHYC facilities properly running and works with Banquets for event set up and teardown! This is the perfect opportunity for individuals who enjoy a fast paced environment and the ability to move around and learn basic maintenance skills.
Part and Full time positions are available, with opportunities for available overtime. Assignments are based on candidate’s skill level and area of interest.
Seasonal Maintenance Technician
Perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs on Club equipment.
Set up and tear down all event and banquet spaces.
Internships at BHYC are designed for current college students studying in the hospitality field to get hands on experience working in the industry. Students are encouraged to check with their university requirements for internships to count as credit. In addition, all internships are paid!
Food & Beverage | Culinary
Work with F&B team to supervise restaurant outlets and learn managerial responsibilities such as scheduling and inventory. Work with Culinary team in each kitchen.
Work with the events and banquets team to plan and execute all club events.
Work with the Accounting team to learn Club financial reporting and transactional processes at the Club.
Learn HR payroll functions, onboard new employees, and plan employee engagement activities.
North Central Michigan College Dorm Room Housing
• Payroll deducted
• 10 minute drive to BHYC, 5 minute drive to downtown
• Includes desk, two twin beds, access to laundry facilities, and small closet area
Benefits to help you SOAR
• A professional and welcoming team environment
• Top wages in the industry
• FREE employee meals (summer season)
• Employee referral program bonuses
• Awards through our BHYC 5-Star Service program
• Educational Assistance Program
• Employee Appreciation Events
• Professional Development Opportunities
“Employees look out for each other and make you feel welcome from the minute you walk in the door.”
“I had a great summer internship I made some great connections and gained valuable industry experience.”
“My favorite part about the club is getting to interact and build relationships with the members.”
“I really enjoyed living in the housing and being conveniently close to work.”
Bay Harbor Yacht Club is proud to offer housing to full time employees for the summer season! Please note that housing availability is on a first come, first serve basis. You will be required to put down a security deposit when signing the Housing agreement; upon proper checkout, the deposit will be applied towards the last rent payment.
You may request roommates, however, please be advised that requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability. All housing assignments are based on length of employment and availability. Housing charges are deducted directly out of payroll and include trash removal, utilities, water, and WIFI.
Please inquire about availability of housing upon beginning the application process. Locations include Lincoln Logs, Charlevoix Motel, North Central Michigan College Dorms.
• Parking: Parking is free and conveniently located right outside
• Laundry: Laundry facilities are also free; however you will need to provide you own supplies
• Kitchen: There will be a kitchen and common area accessible for all housing residents, and you will be responsible for the cleanliness and use of these amenities. Any misuse of these amenities could result in housing violations
• WIFI/Cable: WIFI will be available in all units, and cable television will be available in the common areas
• Shuttle Service: Shuttle service and/or carpools can be arranged for employees who need transportation to and from their Housing to the Club, and other local amenities (bank, post office, grocery store, etc.)
• Security: There will be a designated “RA” who will reside in housing during the summer months. They will be available to contact in case of emergency or any housing related issues
• Housing Agreement/License: All licensees will be required to sign a housing agreement upon move in
• Mini fridge/ microwave
• 2 Twin beds
• Access to laundry facilities
• Small closet area
JOIN THE TEAM
Ready to join the team?
• Browse and apply for open positions at bayharboryc.com/careers
• Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or stop in to the Club and fill out an application
Rachel Carley Human Resource Manager 231.439.2107 | email@example.com
Phone: (231) 439.2100 Fax: (231) 439 2111 4300 Vista Drive, Bay Harbor, MI 49770 bayharboryc.com