Community News Spring Sports Wrap-Up Baseball (Record: 15-5)
Girls Lacrosse (Record: 8-6-2)
• BB&N baseball maintained its tradition of excellence by completing a 21st consecutive winning season this year. • This tight squad captured a second consecutive ISL championship (a three-way tie with Milton and Groton), giving BB&N its ﬁrst back-to-back championships since 2009-2010.
• This improving squad played well all year on their way to securing a spot in the ﬁrst-ever ISL girls lacrosse playoffs. • Season highlights included a thrilling 18-12 victory against rival Nobles, the eventual ISL champions, and big wins over Middlesex and Thayer.
Cup Winners: Zeke Berg ’16, Zack Horwitz ’16, Matt Trehub ’16 All League: James Allan ’16, Zeke Berg ’16, Jeffrey Costello ’17, Matt Trehub ’16, Nathaniel Wolf ’17 Honorable Mention: Chris Butler ’16, Zack Horwitz ’16
Cup Winner: Kristina Cartwright ’16 All League: Maia Noyes ’17 Honorable Mention: Kristina Cartwright ’16, Julianna Kennedy ’17, Alexandra Schmalz ’19
Golf (Record: 12-2-1)
Boys Lacrosse (Record: 1-16)
• This team continued the momentum of past seasons by capturing its third consecutive ISL title and winning the Kingman Tournament championship. • At the end-of-year Kingman Tournament, BB&N golfers placed top three, defeating the closest runner up by 19 strokes.
• Despite a rash of injuries during a challenging season, this team continued to work hard and show steady improvement. • In addition to some excellent individual play, the season highlight was a 10-4 blowout win over St. Paul’s.
Cup Winner: Chris Bornhorst ’16 All League: Chris Bornhorst ’16, Andrew DiPetrillo ’18, Alex Yun ’18
Cup Winners: Mark Addonizio ’16, Jackson Bramley ’16, Brian Gillis ’16 All League: Jackson Bramley ’16 Honorable Mention: Mark Addonizio ’16, Brian Gillis ’16, Kyle Peck ’18
Boys Tennis (Record: 17-2)
Sailing (Record: 9-3)
• Boys Varsity Tennis’ second consecutive stellar season saw the team reach the ﬁnals in the ISL championships before falling just short in a closely contested match against Belmont Hill. • With a roster that will see all of its players returning next season, this squad is poised for another title run next year.
• The sailing team completed another successful season, ending as the 13th-ranked team in New England and qualifying for the Terk Team Race Championship at MIT. • Other highlights included knocking off top-ranked Milton Academy in the ﬁrst meet of the season and the girls’ team ﬁnishing 8th at the Herreshoff Women’s Championship.
Cup Winners: Carter Liou ’17, Gary Rasin ’17, Tristan Young ’17 All League: Carter Liou ’17, Gary Rasin ’17, Tristan Young ’17
Cup Winners: Graham Goldberg ’16, Robert Hogan ’16
Girls Tennis (Record: 3-9)
• Despite a small roster, this ﬁery squad boasted a terriﬁc team chemistry that led to an exhilarating season. • Highlights from the year included close wins over Brooks and Governor’s.
• This squad completed another strong season with all four boats qualifying for the New Englands. • Season highlights included the second boat medaling at the New Englands with a third-place ﬁnish in their heat.
Cup Winner: Alexandra Camargo Cortés ’16 Honorable Mention: Lauryn Jacobs ’17
Cup Winners: Sawyer Ames ’16, Elizabeth Foot ’16
Boys Crew Softball (Record: 13-8) • This team almost shocked the league in the end-of-year Big East Tournament. Despite entering as the sixth seed, this squad advanced to the ﬁnals before placing second to the number one seed, Phillips Academy. • Season highlights included big wins over St. Paul’s and Phillips Exeter.
• Demonstrating tremendous progress all season long, this team managed to qualify all four boats for the end–of-year New Englands. • In addition to highlight wins over Middlesex and Brooks in late-season regattas, a bronze ﬁnish in the New Englands for the second boat capped off the highlights for this squad. Cup Winners: Lachlan McGrath ’16, Ethan O’Reilly ’16
Cup Winners: Lily Santonelli ’16, Sara Lopez-Wheeler ’16 All League: Shannon Griffin ’17, Sara Lopez-Wheeler ’16, Rowan Park ’20 Honorable Mention: Lily Santonelli ’16 13