THE TOP 15 SUPERFOODS & RECIPE BOOK
BLUEBERRY CHIA PUDDING
FISH CURRY RECIPE
AVOCADO MADNESS SMOOTHIE
HAZELNUT AND DARK CHOCOLATE BLOCKS
KIWI ACAI BOWLS
MACA, CACAO FLAXSEED BITES
GOJI BERRY SPIRULINA GRANOLA
TOP 15 SUPERFOODS
1. BERRIES Various berries including blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries are wonderful for the body due to their high levels of antioxidants per gram as well as the vitamins they contain.
2. CHIA SEEDS Native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala. Especially high in Omega-3 fatty acids, they are most well known for helping to reduce food cravings due to their high soluble fibre content.
BLUEBERRY CHIA PUDDING RECIPE
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast, or snack that you can prepare in advance? And is a great source of protein, omega 3s, vitamins and minerals? The chia pudding is a mighty little meal that provides all of these. As a base recipe, you can use the following: Ingredients: 1/3 cup chia seeds. 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice). 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean. Honey (or sweetener of your choice). Blueberries Method: 1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except blueberries) and stir well. 2. Stir at 5 minute intervals for 20 minutes â€“ then add toppings of your choice and enjoy OR Refrigerate overnight if desired. Stir it in the morning and add blueberries and other toppings as desired.
ALL ABOUT GRAINS
This fantastic fish is very high in Omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids There are dozens of types and of whole grains . here are Fatty acids protein. Omega-3 some of the most common ones . help in supporting heart health. Omega-3s are also good for joint health and can improve the appearance of skin and hair.
4. VIRGIN COCONUT OIL Although coconut oil is largely a saturated fat, itâ€™s made up of predominantly medium chain triglycerides which are believed to have many applications in healthy foods and skin care, as well as being a great source of energy. Coconut oil also provides cosmetic benefits and can be used as a moisturiser for both skin and hair.
5. BEANS An easy way to pack protein into your diet! Beans are beneficial to people who might want to omit meat from their diet without sacrificing the bodyâ€™s protein levels. They are also high in fibre to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and to help maintain bowel health.
FISH CURRY RECIPE FOR HEALTHY JOINTS
Ingredients Prep time: 10 minutes 4 garlic cloves, chopped. Cooking time: 20 minutes 2 tbs coconut oil. 1 brown onion, finely chopped. 2 tsp ground turmeric. 2 tsp ground coriander. 1 tsp ground cumin. 4-6 curry leaves (optional). 400ml coconut milk or cream. 1 cup (250ml) fish or vegetable stock. 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped or grated. 5cm fresh turmeric, finely chopped or grated. 600-800g salmon with the skin on, cut into 4cm pieces. 2 handfuls green and/or yellow beans, sliced. Juice of 1 lime. Steamed basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve. Method 1. Using a roller or mortar and pestle, pound the fresh garlic, ginger and turmeric to a rough paste. 2. Heat coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat. Constantly stirring, cook onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Add ground spices and curry leaves. Cook while stirring for a further 2 minutes. Add coconut milk/ cream and stock, then bring to a simmer. 3. Stirring occasionally, cook for 10 minutes. Add fish and beans and cook for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Remove from heat and season with lime juice. 4. Serve curry with rice, topped with fresh coriander. 6
6. AVOCADO Naturally nutrient-dense and contains healthy fats as well as dietary fibre. They contain almost 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients all beneficial to your diet.
AVOCADO MADNESS SMOOTHIE Ingredients: 1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted and sliced. 2 banana’s peeled and sliced. ½ Fresh Lime squeezed. ½ cup of pineapple juice. 1 cup of coconut water (such as Raw C Pure Natural Coconut Water). 4 Tablespoons of black or white chia seeds (such as The Chia Co Australian Grown Chia seeds). 10 large Ice cubes. Method Put the chia seeds and coconut water, avocado, banana, fresh lime and pineapple juice and ice cubes into a blender. Blend this mixture until smooth and keep the mixture chilled until you are ready to serve. Serving Size *Serves 2 people 7
7. NUTS Packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, and vitamins and minerals, which makes them a great source of energy. Try activated nuts which have been soaked and then dried to increase their nutrient value.
8. RAW CACAO POWDER Derived from unroasted cacao beans (unlike cocoa), which helps to preserve its nutritional value. Cacao contains not only antioxidants, but is also packed with potassium, calcium and magnesium, which can aid in bone health.
HAZELNUT AND DARK CHOCOLATE BLOCKS
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of organic raw cacao powder. ½ cup of quality organic coconut oil. ½ cup of hazelnuts, roughly chopped. ¼ cup of liquid sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, organic molasses or a mix of them. 1 tsp vanilla extract. A pinch of salt. Equipment list: Saucepan, Whisk, Spatula, Baking paper, Small tin or baking dish. Method: 1. Line your small tin or baking dish with baking paper, make some space in your fridge for it. 2. Measure out your ingredients. 3. Add the coconut oil to your saucepan and place over a lowmedium heat, until the coconut oil melts. 4. Add the honey and vanilla extract and whisk. 5. Add the salt, cacoa powder and nuts and whisk until all completely mixed in. 6. Scrape the mixture into your tin. Push into an even covering with your spatula. 7. Place in the fridge to cool until set, leave for 2-3 hours or overnight. 8. Place chocolate block onto a chopping board and chop with a knife into desired sized pieces. 9. Keep chunks refrigerated as they have a lower melting temperature than normal chocolate. 9
9. ACAI The berries from the acai tree, a specific type of palm tree indigenous to the Amazon rainforest. These berries are loaded with antioxidants, amino acids and omega fatty acids. Antioxidants are thought to be able to defend cells against free radical damage.
10. LOW FAT YOGHURT Yoghurt not only contains calcium, which is important for healthy bones, but it is also high in probiotic bacteria. Choose yoghurt without added sugars for the maximum benefit to your digestive system.
11. KIWI Naturally high in Vitamin C and Vitamin K, vitamins that promote healthy skin, improved immune system performance and cardiovascular health. Kiwi Fruit is also a great source of fibre, which aids in digestive health.
EASY KIWI ACAI BOWL RECIPE
Ingredients: 1 Banana cut up 1 cup Apple Juice Low fat yogurt 1 tablespoon honey 1 cup frozen Berries 1 Kiwi fruit 2 tablespoons acai powder Optional toppings: Goji berries Almond slivers Shredded coconut Other berries Chia seeds Method: 1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend well until creamy and smooth. 2. Spoon acai mixture into bowls and get creative with the toppings!
12. FLAXSEED Also known as linseed, Flaxseed is one of the worldâ€™s best plant based sources of omega-3s. In addition, it is high in fibre, protein and is rich in antioxidants. The ingredients in Flaxseed may be beneficial for helping maintain heart health.
13. MACA POWDER A root found in Peru that has been consumed for thousands of years. Most commonly found in a powder form, Maca Powder has traditionally been used to improve energy and stamina.
MACA AND CACAO BITES WITH FLAXSEEDS
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon Maca Powder 2 tablespoons of Cacao Powder 40g of Flaxseed 50g dates 50 ground almonds 150g peanut butter 25g coconut oil Desicated coconut Method: 1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until mixed through 2. Roll mixture into bite sized balls and roll in extra cacao powder and dedicated coconut. 3. Chill the bites in the fridge on greaseproof paper.
14. GOJI BERRIES The Goji Berry comes from a shrub native to China. Goji berries contain an impressive list of essential vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants. Goji berries have levels of vitamin C that, per gram, may rival those in oranges. Goji berries also contain calcium, potassium, iron, zinc and selenium. Goji berries are full of fibre and carotenoids which help support eye health.
15. SPIRULINA A plant-based supplement that is a natural powerhouse of nutrients. It supplies B, C and E vitamins, betacarotene and the minerals calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc. As a nutritional supplement it also contains a high percentage of protein.
GOJI BERRY SPIRULINA BREAKFAST GRANOLA
Ingredients: ½ cup maple syrup ½ cup coconut oil, melted ½ tablespoon cinnamon ½ teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
4 cups rolled oats ½ cup whole flax seeds ½ cup sunflower seeds ½ cup walnut pieces 1 cup goji berries
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper. 2. In a medium sized bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt and spirulina. 3. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flax and sunflower seeds, almonds, and walnuts. 4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir well until fully coated.Spread mixture evenly over two cookie sheets. 5. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.Add goji berries in the last 10 minutes, then remove pans from oven and let cool. 6. Transfer to airtight container and store for up to a week in the cupboard or up to 1 month in the freezer.
F O L L O W
facebook.com/AustralianNaturalCare instagram.com/ausnaturalcare ÂŠ Ausnaturalcare 2016 | All rights reserved www.ausnaturalcare.com