Consulting Overview “Our Consultants combine proven project experience and world class expertise with innovative and creative thinking to give our customers a competitive advantage”
WorleyParsons Consulting is a globally connected network of specialist consulting groups, drawing on world class expertise across many industries. We focus on understanding our customers and their challenges, enabling us to bring a unique set of front-end and technical consulting capabilities to bear throughout the entire project lifecycle. We draw on our proven, global project delivery capability and carry our experience across multiple industries to provide world class solutions during the asset planning phase of the business life cycle as well as at an operational and project level.
Global Network We are present in 165 offices in 43 countries around the world. Our world renowned Consultants work closely with the broader WorleyParsons business to leverage from its proven project delivery record. Our global network of experts develop solutions in the Hydrocarbons, Power, Minerals, Metals, Chemicals, Infrastructure and Environment industries and deliver them locally; close to our customers.
Tradition WorleyParsons has a long tradition of providing world class consulting services to our customers. This core consulting strength, created from the original company (Wholohan Grill and Partners), is the foundation and has been greatly enhanced by the companies that have joined WorleyParsons as part of our growth over the last 40 years.
Commitment Our organization is driven by a commitment to four enduring principles: • to build and sustain long-term relationships with our customers by consistently delivering on our promise • to continually enhance our world class expertise to provide innovative solutions to support our customer’s challenges • to provide an outstanding home for the best people to work and nurture their talents • to develop and maintain thought-leadership in all of our markets
Verena Preston Global Director WorleyParsons Consulting
asset integrity solutions
Terminals Consulting High-performing international and regional gateways are key factors to economic vitality and growth. Our Terminals Consultants are passionate about planning, designing and delivering efficient ports and marine terminals for all commodity types for our customers. We are proud to be considered leading global experts in integrating port operations with landside logistics and transportation systems. Depth of global experience
Our deep experience in planning, designing and delivering brownfield and greenfield port developments and major port expansions and improvements for every type of terminal, enables us to provide you with strategic front-end services. These services include master planning, ownership and financial structuring, physical development scaling and packaging, operational optimization, construction management and environmental approval and planning management. Optimized integration of port operations
Efficient terminal operations are essential for sustaining national competitiveness and maintaining and growing the market share for any port complex. We plan, design and provide construction oversight for efficient terminal configurations and maritime structures in order to minimize delivery schedules and optimize port operations with the integration of surface transportation networks and commodity supply chains.
John Pauling Managing Consultant Terminals Consulting Practice
The challenge The changing operating environment in a port or terminal requires responsive organizational management and up-to-the-minute knowledge across a broad spectrum of technical specialties and market place developments. Leveraging port resources is becoming increasingly necessary to keep up with the pace of change in shipping alliances and operations, regional economic development initiatives and innovations in technology, engineering and equipment.
Your own sub headline
Todayâ€™s and Tomorrowâ€™s Challenges
Innovative port planning and terminal development
Integrated development Financial analysis and market studies
Operational analysis, efficiency enhancement and increased capacity
Comprehensive risk analysis and stakeholder engagement
Effective resources allocattion Enhanced logistics and intermodal solutions
asset integrity solutions
Our response To meet growing organizational and competitive market place demands, WorleyParsons provides port and terminal operators with a comprehensive range of services spanning the full project lifecycle. We offer access to the industry knowledge and technical specialties needed to compete effectively in a rapidly changing and competitive environment.
Terminals Consulting Solutions Port development strategies advisory service Site selection and port master planning Terminal analysis and modelling
Financing analysis and funding models Market analysis and freight forecasting
Terminal and equipment design optimization Dynamic simulation and optimization Equipment selection and automation
Risk Analysis Sustainable terminal planning and operations
Power systems and energy efficiency evaluation and optimization Rail and Intermodal logistics analysis and modelling
asset integrity solutions
Our services Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis WorleyParsonsâ€™ depth of global trade and market expertise supports the preparation of investment grade financial analyses and prospectuses for port investors and developers. This market and financial expertise combines with our world-class port engineering and operating knowledge and experience to provide investors and developers of ports and marine terminals with the essential details and the comprehensive perspective required to accurately value acquisition targets, or to properly scale and schedule development opportunities. These strategic planning services allow investors and developers to evaluate port and terminal opportunities ranging from the modification and expansion of existing terminals to the greenfield development of new port facilities.
Master Planning and Feasibility Studies We deliver innovative master plans to the public and private sectors, for greenfield and brownfield developments. We provide our customers with optimal site configurations and cost effective terminal layout designs using proprietary risk analysis systems, environmental and construction permitting preparation, and the processes and tools to design and deliver port and terminal projects of every type and scale.
Detailed Terminal Design and Construction Support We design marine terminals of all types and scales utilizing our suite of port and terminal operating models to optimize operating efficiencies while minimizing capital expenditure. We develop an unbiased assessment of alternate terminal types and configurations, and provide recommendations based on an objective assessment of all technical factors; cost, schedule, environmental permitting and operational aspects to ensure that the most suitable terminal concept is selected. WorleyParsons, with its global construction management experts, will ensure high quality, cost efficient, timely completion of Terminal projects and compliance with project and health and safety requirements.
Container Terminal Development Confidential Customer Brazil WORLEYPARSONS’ EXPERIENCE COVERS ALL FIVE PHASES OF THE ASSET LIFECYCLE
Establish preliminary scope and business
Establish development options and execution
strategy strategy Background
3 DEFINE Finalize scope and execution plan
4 EXECUTE Detail and construct asset
5 OPERATE Operate, maintain and improve asset
Start-up Our customer soughtSelect toconcept revise andSanction optimize the conceptual layout and • Brownﬁeld projects • Pre-feasibility • Preliminary • Detailed Engineering • Feasibility studies screening studies Engineering (FEED) • Portfolio deliverylocated at the • EPCM • Conceptual design environmental characterization for a container terminal • Business model • Cost estimating • Asset management • PMC • Cost estimating development • Execution planning • Business • Contract planning headwaters of the Amazon River in Brazil. improvement
• Operations and maintenance support
The project was the first Public Private Partnership for a container terminal the highest potential value ...brings real world experience into the front-end, and attempted by the Brazilian...converts government. Theintosite...supports posed extreme challenges value adding phases to maximise investment improves customers’ options identified at the Select phase, return and underlying conﬁdence assets throughout fully defined and successfully executed operating lifecycle due to its topography and aprojects. floating quay was needed to accommodate a 16 m fluctuation in water levels.
WorleyParsons...proﬁtably Response embeds environmental, social, and ﬁnancial
sustainability into project delivery across the asset lifecycle
WorleyParsons revised the conceptual layout in order to optimize the available container yard space on the site and developed a phased capital investment plan to meet demand projections.
Key Achievements Optimization of container movements and phasing of CAPEX greatly improved the financial viability of the project. The financial feasibility of the project was originally thought to be questionable based on a net-present-value model. With revised operational assumptions and a phased capital investment approach, the project was demonstrated to be viable. The financially feasible project outcome developed will allow the project to move forward into implementation.
asset integrity solutions
Source: ME/Portal da Copa/Gide達o Soares 9
Your own sub headline
7 8 11 9
1 Container Terminal Development Confidential
2 Container Terminal Due Diligence Port of Brisbane Corporation
3 Onshore Midscale LNG Study Centrica Plc
Brazil Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
Brisbane, Australia Assets Appraisal Site inspection and asset assessment of:
Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago Feasibility study
• Optimization of quay design, quay cranes, container ground slots, entry and exit gates. • Optimization of container movements and phasing of CAPEX greatly improved the financial viability of the project
• Internal and external features of Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 administration buildings and workshops • Gatehouse and miscellaneous structures as applicable • Electrical – LV, light towers, substations, switchboards, earthing and reefer upstands • Wharf crane rails • Above and below ground storm water and sewerage infrastructure • Above and below ground potable and fire water infrastructure asset integrity solutions
• Feasibility studies for subsea process architecture, onshore infrastructure, gas pretreatment, liquefaction, storage and an LNG export facility
4 Greenville Yard Project Port Authority of New York and New Jersey New York, USA Concept Study, Detailed Engineering Design
• Revitalization of 100-year old terminal operations, including track, barge, and bridge design to deliver a design supporting the long term goals of greater growth, reduced truck congestion and reduced adverse impacts on the environment
5 New Cruise Ship Berths St. Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority
6 Modernization of the Port of Santo Domingo Inversiones Turisticas Sans Souci
Castries, St. Lucia Conceptual Engineering; Detailed Design; Construction supervision
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Engineering; Design Review
• Reconstruction of two cruise ship berths at the Pointe Seraphine Terminal in Castries
• Passenger terminal planning, development of operational and design criteria, review of the Owner’s Consultant designs, value engineering and technical assistance
10 Risk Management Port of Long Beach Long Beach, USA Environmental management/hazardous materials assessment, Risk assessment.
• Contaminated soil and ground water assessments • Storm water management • Hazardous materials/ waste inspections/ audits • Regulatory compliance • Construction oversight of contaminated materials removal and abatement • Comprehensive risk assessment and risk mitigation • Implementation of the risk assessment registry on major construction and development projects for the POLB
11 Ridley Terminal Capacity Realization Project Ridley Terminals Inc. Prince Rupert, Canada Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM)
• Terminal capacity expansion to achieve a nominal coal export amount of 30 million tonnes per annum by 2014
7 Kitimat Multipurpose Marine Terminal Business Plan Kitimat Port Development Society Kitimat, Canada Feasibility Study
• Phased study of possible expansion opportunities for the terminals at the Port of Kitimat, with the aim of creating economic growth and employment in the northwest coastal region
8 Fraser Richmond Site Development Fraser River Harbour Commission Richmond, Canada Consulting; Planning; Conceptual Engineering
• Development of a 279ha waterfront site into a multi-use marine terminal. • Assistance with the planning of proposed developments for several large industrial tenants
12 Lazaro Cardenas Container Terminal Hutchison Ports
13 New Doha Port New Doha Port Steering Committee
Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico Project Management, Owners Engineer
Doha, Qatar Conceptual Engineering; Front-End Engineering Design, Detailed Design, Construction Management
• Greenfield Development for a 50ha container terminal incorporating an intermodal yard, 2 deep sea super post-Panamax berths, and 20ha of related buildings and infrastructure
• Studies and investigations including the design and supervision of metocean (winds, waves, tides, currents) surveys, bathymetric surveys and physical scale modeling (3D) of the port basin
9 Marine Terminal Master Planning Port of Everett Everett, USA Master Planning; Economic Analysis
• Cargo scenarios, assessment of marine terminal layouts, railroad and infrastructure planning and coordination, riverside railroad operations: existing and planned, integration of riverside as an intermodal terminal
14 King Abdullah Economic City – Millenium Seaport EMAAR Rabigh, Saudi Arabia Conceptual Engineering 2.6 million m2 new millennium seaport
• Throughput capacity of 3.8 million TEU/year, which will increase to 6 million TEU/year in phase 2 of the project • Initial planning for the port, development of the port concept, estimated the construction cost and established an economic forecasting model
For further information about our global capability:
Global John Pauling Managing Consultant Suite 400 1 West Elm Street Conshohocken, PA, USA Ph: +1 8562177238
Our Terminals Consultants are passionate about planning, designing and delivering efficient ports and marine terminals for all commodity typ...