October 2018 Y Vol. 34, #2 â˜Ž Priceless
Magazine www.facebook.com/tonemagazine www.tone.ca
ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES ISSUE Relax ~ Refresh ~ Re - Discover
Indian Head Massage Alternatives By Rev. Alexis Nicol
Age-less and Thrive Getting older and dying is unavoidable; aging is not
Waking Visions for Heart & Soul:
Inner Guidance through Active Dreaming
Understand Yourself on a Deeper Level than ever Before
Energy Therapy & Neuroplasticity Workshop The Care of Souls: A Workshop for Professional Caretakers on Bringing the Depth of Soul to their Work. October 26, Saint Paul University
ITâ€™S THE LAW: A Legal Primer on Consent, Capacity, Documentation, Confidentiality, Disclosure Mandatory Reporting, and the Duty to Warn November 30, Saint Paul University
Top 10 most common signs of
THOMAS MOORE, PhD
that are discussed in published literature: • Cognitive Impairment/Brain Fog • Heart Arrhythmia/Palpitations • Headaches • Insomnia • Tinnitus • Fatigue • Skin Rashes • Vertigo/Nausea • Inner Tension/Agitation • Suppression/Mood Disturbances
Location: Saint Paul University, Ottawa
THE CARE OF SOULS: A WORKSHOP FOR PROFESSIONAL CARETAKERS ON BRINGING THE DEPTH OF SOUL TO THEIR WORK
Electric & Magnetic Fields • Radio Frequencies Dirty Electricity Detect • Protect • Verify EMF Refuge Denis Roy - Electromagnetic Radiation Specialist EMFRefuge@gmail.com • 613.862.2616 www.emfrefuge.com
Date: October 26, 2018
LIVING A SOULFUL LIFE IN A SOULFUL WORLD
Date: October 27, 2018
Have Meters Will Travel
Welcome to the Editor’s Note
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. Published 11 months/year. Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner. Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: email@example.com; Web: www.tone.ca • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • www.facebook.com/tonemagazine • www.instagram.com/tonemagazineottawa • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
The leaves are starting to turn and there’s a freshness in the air. Welcome to fall in Ottawa! This can be a time to lay the groundwork for our future plans. We can find tools along the way-sometimes inspired by our articles, an on-line tip, or a link. This new technological world is brimming with information for us to grab hold of. For over 30 years, Tone has been a resource for just these things. For those of you who are still looking for places to pick up a copy, we are proud to say that all City of Ottawa libraries now stock our magazine! On behalf of the board and myself, we want to thank you for your ongoing support of this magazine. We hope you enjoy it, cover to cover Michael ‘Lemmy”
Tone Advertising Rates …
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
more calm. Imagine immersing yourself in the monasteries which have been filled with the vibration of monks chanting for over 400 years! This has created these unique buildings that are so filled with this vibration that you can often move into your mediation quite quickly and without effort. Bhutan is centered in the Himalayan mountain range, and as such, is filled with prana (energy). Imagine practicing yoga with a view of the Himalayas. Imagine travelling to a country where Gross National Happiness is a priority for all of their citizens. Imagine meditating in monasteries that are centuries old. This can be a reality by joining us on our 9 day tour to Bhutan. This all inclusive tour starts from the time you land in Bhutan until you fly out 9 days later. We practice various types of yoga (Hatha, Kundalini, Yin, Restorative and Nidra) and meditation daily, as well as touring through Bhutan. This TRULY is â€œthe trip of a lifetimeâ€? and only available to 12 people in September, 2019. Need any more encouragment? Book before the end of November, 2018 and receive 5% off!
Gross National Product? Happiness!
hutan is one of the few remaining parts of the world which is relatively untouched by mass tourism. This is deliberate. In 2017 there were only about 62,000 western tourists (aprox 1500 were Canadian). This, along with other measures, is to help preserve the Butanese culture. In a mass-produced world, this means many items are hand made actually the gov recently instituted a law that all furniture in Bhutan is to be made in Bhutan (which means hand carved). Another rule that the Bhutanese government has enacted is that if the citizen work in the government or tourism (or if they are a student) they must wear the national dress, made from beautiful textiles, sometimes woven, with intricate patterns. The government works in many different areas to preserve their culture. They say meditation*increases our positive emotions like happiness and
Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org, Janice Varuna Soderholm email@example.com or Club Adventure (Yoga Travelsâ€™s partner) bernard@ clubadventure.com/613-789-8000 *https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/feelingit/201309/20-scientific-reasons-start-meditating-today
Now Available for Water Restructuring
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.wateruniverse.ca Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
Holotropic Breathwork str e
The “sitter” watches over each and every need of the breather: the setting, any interruptions, water, comfort, few years ago I participated in a blankets, etc. one-week Breathwork Intensive The several “walkers” or s at Omega Institute for Holistic s s “sentinels” travel around the room e lln Studies in the Hudson River Valley we ensuring that all diadic teams are at Rhinebeck, New York. Their smokin comfortably and suitably protected frui website is: www.eomega.com At and nurtured. The “sentinel’s” role this experiential event there was is basically to act as a “guardian xie about a dozen top world leaders in ty angel” to safe-guard the Sacred self the various practices of breathwork -esteem Space of the experiential diadic and in the psycho-neuro-biology t teams. Thus, the breathers have 2 weigh of the bodymind. There were also layers of social activists present to suggest COUNSELLING, COACHING safety, Sacred Care, and nurturing ways to spread breathwork around so that they can then go on Spiritual & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE the planet to help create a healthier journeys hitherto blocked from their Richard M. Haney world. Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist ordinary consciousness. They are Stanislav Grof, the founder then free to follow their bliss! (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 of Holotropic Breathwork, was The other forms of breathwork Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. also there to share his extensive that were experienced and www.ottawahypnosis.com wisdom about this profound form discussed at this wonderful retreat www.ottawacounselling.com of breathwork that leads to selfwere not as deep or as intensive as realization and self-actualization. Holotropic Breathwork. However, they may be much While we were experiencing how a particular more practical when trying to spread breathwork out technique would open up hitherto blocked channels across the world to different societies, cultures, socioin our Psyches with one member of the teaching economic classes and institutions. Many of these team, another member of the team would be sharing diverse techniques can be practised in corporate, with us, in a corroborated scientific way, WHY it was hospital, school and counselling settings. These other opening up these blockages. The cellular memory forms do not require several hours of focussed loving can be very deeply influenced when the learning is attention on the breather. They do not require such both simultaneously experienced and also personally a disciplined adherence to a “contract” between the understood. About 20% of the 80 or so participants breathers, sitters and sentinels, which is an absolutely had previously experienced the highly beneficial essential prerequisite and component of Holotropic results of Holotropic Breathwork, a practice in which Breathwork! the participants experience their deepest Self, their One of the most powerful presentations was given greatest gifts, and are opened up to nonordinary states by a New York psychiatrist who has done extensive of awareness. research on how our brains process creative and In the purest form of Holotropic Breathwork the inspirational material. For example, if we have enough “breather” has only one task...to breath as deeply and GABA (Gabapentin or Neurontin) in the higher function fully as possible. portions of our brain, then we do not so easily revert to the lower mundane functions. In place of psychedelic drugs, carefully orchestrated breathwork can generate higher states of awareness and presence through naturally produced GABA. So, breathe deeply and completely and fully enjoy your GABA...
This article was written in by: Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation). Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard: (613) 234-5678. E-mail: email@example.com
Fit More Fun into Your Daily Life
laytime isn’t just for children. Having fun is essential to your health and wellbeing at any age. When you’re enjoying yourself, you’re also reducing stress, increasing your energy levels, building stronger relationships, and promoting learning. Be proud of your decision to goof off on a regular basis. Here are some ideas to help you bring more fun and play into each day.
Collect toys. Surround yourself with objects that remind you to fool around. Keep windup figures on your desk at work and stuffed animals on your bed at home.
Have a laugh. family amusing at work. Read a time when
Share the fun. Double your fun by sharing it with a friend or family member. Positive experiences and fond memories will draw you closer together.
Change Your Perspective:
Prioritize fun. Do you put off taking a break because you think you have too many responsibilities? Studies show that frequent breaks actually help you to accomplish more.
Enjoy small pleasures. Having fun doesn’t have to consume a lot of time or money. Watching cartoons with your kids or walking through a puddle can brighten your day without using up your savings or vacation days.
Humor is healing. Tell your stories about what happened a comic book or remember you did something silly.
Be serious about having fun. Taking time out to play Be spontaneous. Advance planning is optional. enriches your life and increases your productivity. Sometimes it’s more amusing to surprise Treat yourself to a fabulous fun time at least once a day. yourself. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer Change Your Routine: 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com 1. Listen to music. Your favorite songs can put https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/16200654ba0130ba?projector=1&messagePartId=0.2
you in a sunny mood. Cue up some ukulele Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we music or the soundtrack from a funny movie. become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the Use your imagination. Indulge your solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* creativity. Paint a picture or conduct safe hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign science experiments in your kitchen. up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Age-less and Thrive
professional help that really works for YOU. Mostly the content is overwhelming and you still do not have a Getting older and dying is unavoidable; aging is not. workable process that will get you the results you want Aging for most means having to face the fact that your because no one process works for everybody. Just as body is rapidly wearing out, that you are vulnerable the lifestyle that works for you will be unique to you, to the dis-eases of age, that your mental functions are the process that gets you there is unique to you, to your deteriorating, that you experience severe lack of energy, goals and intentions and more importantly to your and that you are unable to fully engage life with energy unique body. At 74, I am back to the weight I was in my 30s, have and passion. the energy I had at 39 to train for and run my first However living age-lessly is possible right now. marathon, have developed skills for managing the To achieve this on your own, you have to be willing stress and anxiety of modern life and enjoy the clarity of to buy and read many books, spend hours engaged mind to provide age-less coaching and offer ‘funshops’ with online programs, search, often fruitlessly, to get to assist others to live fully alive well into the ‘golden’ years...so that they are truly golden. This process that evolved through my personal journey is based on 4 themes: Your pathway to age-less living Food Fitness Flow Fun Join me to discover how to age less and thrive as Food the years go by. Learn how to ‘outwit’ the typical aging process, so that you feel young forever. In the western world, especially Let me offer you all the wisdom and experience of in North American we have become my decades-long journey in life, to help you victims of the Standard American become vibrant and energized no matter how “old” Diet (SAD) and it is killing us you are. I will share with you all the knowledge I slowly and with painful side effects. have learned from my years of research to let you SAD is largely responsible for the reach your optimum state of well-being, so that you autoimmune illnesses we experience can thrive as best you can in today's stressful environment. in this third trimester of life which are increasingly attacking our bodies. Together we will explore: The real tragedy is that these illnesses • The relationship between genes, epigenetics and lifestyle: how your are heavily implicated in the aging personal choices have a huge impact on how you feel. process, AND are avoidable. • What happens as you age and how to change or end behaviour that So we do not have to suffer with causes aging. them at all! • The importance/benefits of FOOD and FITNESS – evolve your own unique To avoid these illnesses and in approach that works for you. many cases to help heal yourself it • How to manage weight in a wholesome, healthy way while still enjoying is essential to get off the (SAD) diet what you eat. which harms your body and damages • The value of FLOW elements: the gut. That starts by shifting to a - Sleep and suﬃcient rest. whole foods diet uniquely suited for - Releasing and calming body, heart, mind and spirit – being kind, gentle you. Only you can sort out what that and positive with yourself. might be, how you might implement - Connecting, giving back, learning and growing. it and how long it may take you to get • The benefits of a good support system while you internalize this process. there from here. The process to get • Integrating all these elements over time despite occasional setbacks you there will also be unique to you. along the way. The key to fueling your body for age-less living is to heal your gut 10 and 11 November 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily micro biome which directly influences $99 cash or cheque for this 2-day event + 1 private coaching session all body systems especially your brain by providing essential nutrients. To Tea and coffee provided. Please bring your own lunch, notebook and yoga experience the age-less potential of mat (if you have one), and wear comfortable clothing. Register early as your whole body, you must heal your limited space available. gut by feeding it what it needs so that it can fuel all the body’s systems for For more information/registration details, please contact me at: ageless living. Sylvia Laale (613) 599-3846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Age-less and Thrive
Fitness Those who work at full time jobs spend much of their time sitting at computers and in meetings, rushing home to feed the kids (and the pets) and then meeting commitments that keep them busy in the evenings. For most, especially those with children, fitness begins to take second, third and fourth place. Yet, our bodies are designed to be used, moved, stretched, pushed to action. And this is a great way to ensure weight control, health, vigour and durability for many years. Much research tells us that our bodies, to remain strong, flexible, agile, and youthful, demand appropriate exercise--both intensity exercise and strength training. Incorporating both types of exercise into your life contributes significantly to retention of brain volume and your brain’s capacity and capability in many different ways. How do we fit all of this in to a lifestyle that is already overburdened with commitments? That’s a real conundrum! A conundrum that is manageable with a little creative re-structuring of your life. You can build both intensity and strength exercise into your life with some creative thinking. For example, stairs are everywhere. When I cannot get out for my run I walk the stairs a number of times sometimes carrying weights. Even your workplace has stairs...use them instead of elevators!
Flow The formidable stresses of our modern life create tensions that get expressed in our bodies and contribute to aging. Muscle, fascia, tendons, ligaments, joints, connective tissue, and organs get stuck and compromised forming scar tissue, knotting up muscles, limiting range of motion, reducing blood flow, causing inflammation and pain. Thus begins an acceleration of the aging process, with increases in falls as well as health issues, mental deterioration and more. As the pressures of our modern life fold in on us it affects sleep which is essential to our health and our resistance to aging. This is especially true of brain functions. Good sleep heals the body and cleanses the brain of ‘garbage’ ensuring healthy brain function. It is important in these hectic times to attend to quieting the mind, deepening connection with nature, healing sorrows, slowing down to centre ourselves. It is always the right time to offer our body/mind/heart/ spirit loving and peaceful soothing and by releasing your mind, comforting your heart and connecting with Self. Fun What is fun for one person is not necessarily fun for another. Whatever it is for you do it often...you deserve to be happy, joyful, contented, peaceful and satisfied...and no-one can do this for you. For some it includes their network of family and friends; for others it is solitude and creativity. If you do not know what constitutes fun for you, then try different things out and do not be discouraged. Never give up: it will show up as you search for it. If you find yourself interested in exploring how to live your age-less life and thrive feel free to contact me. Until then, I wish you a life lived age-lessly...full of energy and contentment, so you may enjoy the years ahead of you with joy and fulfillment. Age-Less And Thrive Funshop Nov. 10/11, 2018 Sylvia Laale, Age-less coach and funshop facilitator email@example.com
An innovative therapy for chronic and acute pain management and general health maintenance. The Bowen therapy training program is a 14 day program over 6-8 months beginning October 13, 2018 at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. No previous formal training is required to begin the program. For information and registration contact Janet Riley at 613 848-2083 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.bowentrainingacademy.com www.facebook.com/bowentrainingacademy www.twitter.com/janet_BTA
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
613.836.2355 • www.kaivalya.ca Offices in Hull & Stittsville
Empower Your Life-Path!
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR: • EMOTIONAL/PHYSICAL PAIN • GRIEVING • RELATIONS • REGRESSIONS • WEIGHT • ADDICTIONS • STRESS • ENERGY LEVEL • HEALING THE PAST .
» Lynne Cardinal
PH D. EASTERN PHILOSOPHY, NGH CERTIFIED HYPNOTIST, COACH, TEACHER
ow do we deal with our reactions, those types of reactions when we feel triggered, contracted and then feel inclined to withdraw or say or do things we may regret? I find that those moments of being triggered can become a ground for us to explore, so as to better deal with those types of triggering situations. Triggering situations can actually be positive and a source of insight from which we can learn - we can learn how to stay more present, clear, and compassionate. The first step in a triggering situation is to take a deep breath so that we can stay present and gently look at our reaction. Admitting our level of stress and the emotional response we had, observing curiously from a non-judgmental place, is of the essence. From here we have something that we can work with. Truly, it all begins with an honest look at ourselves. Then we can work on our issues with compassion, proceeding to develop a self-care routine and learning to shift our habit patterns. With the work that I do with my clients, we learn to generate a grounded perspective, which enables us to stay present. Parallel to this, respecting this most intimate process helps to build selfesteem, as true confidence is quite simple. Self-esteem is not superiority, but acceptance of ourselves as we are, it is honoring our humanity with humility and care, being human and admitting that we’re learning, and that we have a story, just like everyone. Then we can go deeper...I’ve explored the principles of transparent communication with a contemporary teacher, Thomas Hübl, and found the results astounding. Transparent communication is in part based on having the ability to honestly face ourselves, our deeper reactions, and find their origins. Why am I triggered? Could it be because I am experiencing fear, anger or the desire to have things my way, or to control? Then learning to slow down enough through various means, will enable clarity to prevail. I find the daily practice of
meditation helps, however, guidance is also important; to have a kind hand guiding us through this inner journey, releasing the burden of the past, releasing frustrations. This helps us ultimately to express a truer self. From there we have the ability to see the other person, with depth of perception. To truly see. An example is one of my clients having to deal with a husband that is overworked and carries a lot of stress. I provide this example with her permission. When he overreacted and couldn’t let go, she softly said to him: “Don’t be in haste!”. This comment deflated the situation, he paused and replied in a more relaxed tone, “What, you think I’m a hobbit?” (they are both fans of the series Lord of the Rings). He sat and they paused, ate, and were able to have a calmer more objective conversation regarding the issues at hand. My client told me that she normally would have replied aggressively, also yelling back that he is always angry, and so on. But she was able to objectively see his stress and needs. When we work on ourselves, healing our inner wounds, the child within, or simply developing a lifestyle that will enable us to express our own true spirit, life is truly more fulfilling. Habit patterns and reactions can become addictive. Jung believed that the cure of addictions had to be spiritual and he believed the cured involved a spiritual thirst for a sense of wholeness. For me, that means to be in harmony with our deeper self, our core essence, from where clarity is expressed , then with others and the world. It is a personal work, yet we can help ourselves, perhaps more than we know. If you wish to book a session, or for more information simply contact me, it will be my pleasure to speak with you. Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville in Hypnosis, Stress management, Coaching and Meditation. She and she has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy. She offers Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors and has done so for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with
ccording to one estimate, 2 percent of Americans, or about 3.7 million people may have the fibromyalgia syndrome. It primarily affects women and usually first occurs between the ages of 20 and 60. It causes no inflammation, and does not affect the joints, connective tissue, or muscles. This lack of inflammation sets fibromyalgia apart from rheumatoid arthritis. It produces pain in the body’s fibrous, ligaments and tendons and in the muscles. The pain has been described in a variety of ways including: burning, radiating, gnawing, sore, stiff, and aching, although it may start in one region, such as the neck and shoulders. Pain may radiate from various sites that are painful when the tender points are touched, although people with fibromyalgia may not even realize these particular areas hurt until pressure is applied to them. The other main characteristic of fibromyalgia is chronic fatigue. About 90 percent of people with fibromyalgia
the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression. She has completed a two year extensive and advanced training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing, and on Trauma (individual and collective) work. She has trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information or to book a session call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca email@example.com Lynne Cardinal holds client sessions in Hull and Stittsville in Hypnosis, Stress management, Coaching and Meditation. She and she has a PhD (alternative) in Eastern Philosophy. She offers Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors and has done so for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression. She has completed a two year extensive and advanced training with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing, and on Trauma (individual and collective) work. She has trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution and with Diana Martinez on Family Constellation. For more information or to book a session call 613.836.2355 or www.kaivalya.ca firstname.lastname@example.org
describe moderate or severe fatigue with lack of energy, decreased exercise endurance, or the kind of exhaustion felt with the flu or with lack of sleep. Sufferers often complain of waking up as tired as they were when they went to sleep and remaining fatigued throughout the day. It often varies according to time of the day, activity level, weather, sleep patterns, and stress levels. Most people with fibromyalgia say that some degree of pain is always present. They sense that the pain is mainly in their muscles and often note that fibromyalgia feels like a persistent flu. Many people with fibromyalgia have a personal history of depression or anxiety at some time in their life. There is evidence that some people with fibromyalgia have a history of abuse or neglect during their life as well. People with fibromyalgia may have feelings of numbness and tingling in their hands, arms, feet, legs, or sometimes in their face. These feelings can suggest other disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neuritis, or even multiple sclerosis. Headaches, especially muscular (tension) and migraine headaches, are common in fibromyalgia. Abdominal pain, bloating, and alternating constipation and diarrhea are also common. This may resemble irritable bowel syndrome or “spastic colon.” Similar bladder spasms and irritability may cause urinary urgency or frequency. Tim Wu’s Qigong therapy focuses the treating on immune system and nerve system for fibromyalgia. It’s very important to improve the circulation condition, such as blood circulation and energy circulation, for heal the symptom of fibromyalgia. It takes about 5 to 10 treatments for most of the fibromyalgia patients to completely get rid of this symptom. www.uniquetherapy.com
Chinese Massage Therapy for Chronic Pain
Wishingtree Yoga Centre Journey for Health and Happiness
Book Signing along with chanting at Singing Pebble Books on Sunday, November 18, 2 to 5. A Complete Yoga Manual by Ivy Xie-McIsaac
In Memory of Dharma Master Tan Run Huan (谭润华) By Ivy Xie-McIsaac, E-RYT200, YACEP
t has been 12 years since my first Yoga teacher passed away. Dharmapala Master Tan is my first Yoga teacher. He was born in 1913 and learned Yoga in Hong Kong when he was young. When I met him, he had already retired from teaching work as a biology teacher and had over 70 years practice experience with Hatha Yoga. I believe in simplicity and directness. But most of time we make a simple thing complex. When I was young, to die meant to go to heaven and didn’t understand why I could not go to heaven at once, but had to stay living to suffer. Death and the meaning of life has always been a consideration in my mind.
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation
Right after my first travel to Tibet, in November 1996, at my first Yoga class in China I met Master Tan. Even in his eighties he was still full of vitality like a youth. In the class he didn’t talk very much. He played Yoga music and let us meditate. I felt the magic of Yoga at once. A bliss that I had never experienced before came to me. A place with no worry, no arising thoughts. An empty place, a place where I felt totally free. In such a place, I don’t have to contemplate life or death. Just be my Self. I didn’t know how this happened, but I knew that this way of Yoga could lead me to the answer. Master Tan not only taught by words, but set an example by his manners. He used plain language to guide me to look into my heart, my Self instead of something else. I never felt being judged by him. Master Tan didn’t teach. He offered freedom. He offered a space, a space where I could fly. I could BE. Master Tan gave me a grounded understanding of Yoga: Yoga is more than stretch and strength; more than having a relaxed body and calm mind, it’s a life attitude. Yoga will help to connect with the power inside. Through in-class and daily life practice, Yoga gives balance to body, mind and spirit. Ivy’s geography background and travel have given her a unique perspective. Her book A Complete Yoga Manual is a bridge between east and west, modern and ancient, theory and practice. A Complete Yoga Manual by Ivy Xie-McIsaac is available at Singing Pebble Books. Ivy will have a book signing, along with chanting at Singing Pebble Books, 206 Main Street, Ottawa on Sunday, November 18 from 2 to 5. For more information please visit www. wishingtreeyoga.ca or contact Wishingtree Yoga at email@example.com
Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Pathwork: Unlocking Our Potential
Pathwork Lecture #136 “The Illusory Fear of the Self” examines how we can get lost in painful patterns that prevent us from living up to our potential and offers guidance in how to open ourselves to living more fully from our inner abundance. This will be the topic for the first Open Lecture for the 2018/2019 season, on Wednesday, October 17 at Saint Paul University, 233 Main Street, 7 to 9 pm. Enter at the 233 Main Street entrance and follow the signs to the room. There is a suggested donation of $15 for nonmembers; $5 for members. There will be a presentation of the lecture as well as an exercise to help apply the concepts to our daily lives.
eptember brings images of the shiny faces of excited children returning to school, full of the potential of what they may become. “We are all meant to shine, as children do” wrote Marianne Williamson. “We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.” In those areas of our lives where we bring our best, where we live up to our potential, there is an excitement, a true joy and sense of freedom. But often as adults we struggle to give our best to life. Rather than experiencing the pleasure of giving to life from the abundance that we carry within us, in some areas of our lives, we struggle to cover up what The Pathwork lectures are available for free download we see in ourselves that we don’t like – our fears, our at www.pathwork.org. For more information: negative feelings, our laziness, our lack of commitment. firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-1254 A significant part of our ‘cover up’ is presenting to the world a perfect ideal that we have imagined we ‘should’ be. Hiding our negativities and offering an ideal pretense to the world drains us and deadens our lives. By burying negative aspects of ourselves in our subconscious and by presenting an unrealistic perfect image to the world, we become 233 Main St, follow signs to room alienated from our real self. We lose sight of the dynamic, rich potential, “the glory of God,” that lives within us.
PATHWORK Open Lecture Discussions 2018
Saint Paul University
October 17, November 21, January 16, February 20, March 20, Apr 17, May 15
7:00 to 9:00 pm
Suggested donation, $15 ~ $5 for members
Contact Jean: email@example.com, 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
North Star Intuitive o you have issues that create stress, or have
some anxieties troubling you? Are you interested in receiving insightful messages from your higher self through an Intuitive Writing session; or to receive a Reiki or Healing Touch treatment for a deep relaxation? I started using the INTUITIVE WRITING in 2005 while struggling under the stress of working in a big corporation and being a new mother. I used this technique to help me lighten the burden that daily challenges and stress had on my mind and emotions. It was a revelation for me to become a conduit through Intuitive Writing. Each Intuitive Writing session brought me increased personal awareness and guidance needed to bring me closer to the light. I called the deep goodness I experienced my North Star. I now offer the service of Intuitive Writing through “North Star Intuitive” to be of service to others.
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health
For an Intuitive Writing session, I retreat to a calm and peaceful place in my mind, open the channels of compassion and love through meditation which guides the answers written based on the client’s subject of their choice. The client may relax lying on a massage table or simply rest sitting nearby, while I rely on my intuition to guide my writings. My clients recognize a positive range of benefits including guidance, an encouragement for action, confirmation that you are on the right path and greater clarity in your mind. Some of my clients’ feedback is that these writings resonate with recent events, the messages are encouraging and uplifting; they often offer a confirmation of the direction to take on personal issues, supporting them in their journey. I am a certified REIKI MASTER. REIKI activates the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restores physical and emotional well-being. By contrast the technique of “laying on hands” helps to channel energy and maximize the body’s own capacity to heal through improved energy flow and deep relaxation. In all services the client remains fully clothed while resting on a massage table during the treatment with soft music playing. HEALING TOUCH is an energy healing therapy used extensively by health care professionals such as massage therapists, social workers and other energy medicine practitioners. Practitioners consciously use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to enhance, support and facilitate physical, emotional, mental, spiritual health and inner-healing. Healing Touch unblocks the chakras, resulting in the restoration of normal function of the organs. The services are provided in English or French. Visit north_star_intuitive on Instagram.
Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org 12
Waking Visions for Heart & Soul: Sri Chinmoy Answers Inner Guidance through Active Dreaming
oin Author, Coach & Teacher, Robin Blackburn McBride, for a powerful day of inner journeying with drum and silence, on the screen of your mind’s eye … and with found images and objects, intuition, your own journal and a fast-moving pen. Set your intention for the day and learn techniques for receiving the messages you seek, as well as those seeking you, all in service of your highest good. You will work with guided imagery, readings, solo and small-group/partner activities. A Life Mastery Consultant and Dream Teacher, Robin safely bridges worlds of Dream Building and Active Dreaming as a practice. Her self-help book, Birdlight: Freeing Your Authentic Creativity, was an Amazon best-seller in 2016. She is a published poet, and her first novel, The Shining Fragments, has just been published by Guernica Editions in Toronto. Space is limited. Register now and save. Contact email@example.com to reserve your place. This will be a day like no other, and you will be glad you gave yourself this gift.
Waking Visions for Heart & Soul: Inner Guidance Through Active Dreaming With Robin Blackburn McBride
Venue: Living Science Wellness Centre Where: 59 Iber Rd #25 When: Saturday 24 November, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Early Bird Registration by October 31st: $175 Registration after October 31st: $195 Delicious, healthy lunch provided
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Question: How can we rid ourselves of our selfconsciousness and our worry about what other people think of us? SRI CHINMOY: Why should you worry what others are thinking of you? Remember that all the time you waste in worrying about what others think of you could be used for your own self-discovery. Often, we feel that if somebody appreciates us, we will be inspired. But very often when we receive appreciation, our pride enters, and the ego comes forward. While others are extolling us to the skies, unconsciously they are feeding us to two formidable enemies: our pride and our ego. When others admire us we have to be extremely careful. We have to detach ourselves. If we have done something good, we should immediately feel that we are not the doer, but that the Supreme in us has done it. If we have done something extraordinary, immediately we must feel, “I am just an instrument. The Supreme in me did it and I have given Him full credit and full responsibility.” When others speak ill of us, we must not lose all our inspiration and aspiration and allow depression to enter. At that time also, we have to feel that we are just instruments. We must always try to separate our actions from their results. We must accept the experience, but not claim it as our very own. If we are one with the fruits of the action, then immediately ego or frustration will come forward. The best thing is to think of God always and to feel that He is thinking of you. If you always think of God, God will think of you and appreciate you. In the outer life, when two persons love each other, they are always thinking of each other and of what the other person is thinking of them. In the spiritual life also, cherish only these two thoughts: what God is thinking of you and what you are thinking of Him. Then there will be no time left for you to think of others or to worry about what others are thinking of you. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
Alternatives Written by Rev. Alexis Nicol
ver the years I have grown to appreciate that there are many options available for us to bring our own healing to fruition. I can’t speak about all of them but I do know about a few as I practice several, some of which are Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing and Metaphysical counselling. I don’t feel that these should be categorized necessarily as “alternative” when discussing one’s own healing. I much prefer that they be recognized as being complementary, not only to and with medical treatment but also in combination with other so called alternative/ natural modalities. I’m still surprised when I hear that people will wait until they have done everything (medically) possible and they are at the end of their rope, so to speak before they check out the more Natural ways. It brings me such joy and satisfaction when I have a client that was a little leery of what I do and by the end of the session they wished they had come sooner. They didn’t have to be afraid and realize that I am here to facilitate their healing not to hinder it.
Some people spread fear and unfounded gossip about natural options that they have never even attempted to try or research. On the other hand, it’s encouraging that a few of the more open Medical professionals are now actually recommending that their patients try some of these non-invasive natural options, such as Reiki and Reflexology. I know it takes time and that we still have a ways to go before medical beliefs change in this regard. I believe that some day they will be readily recognized and appreciated by the mainstream. I’m sure that it will come through education to those that are lacking where our healing is concerned. It is the responsibility and especially important that those with personal experience, training and knowledge talk about the benefits of these Natural options and dispel the misconceptions. If you’re curious I hope you’ll ask questions, try a session or two before giving up. You might be pleasantly surprised with the results. Alexis believes in a Wholistic Metaphysical approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines natural healing modalities in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-834-8896
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location
Here’s what to do next. By Jen Wozny Take these three steps: 1. Remove from your workload anything that is unnecessary. This frees up time for you to deal with the stress. You need that time to recover, reevaluate, and either course correct or re-enter a stressed lifestyle. 2. Get into the parasympathetic response as much as possible. This is the “rest and relaxation” response. It is the opposite of the “fight or flight” response, which is where you live when you are stressed. Elicit the parasympathetic response through, for example, deep breathing, meditation, restorative yoga, and deep sleep. 3. Take a probiotic as well as nutritional supplements. Stress diminishes the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food, so everything you eat many not be helping you at all. The probiotic will help to correct the digestive system and promote absorption. The supplements (e.g., multivitamin, spirulina tabs) are condensed pieces of pure fuel. Next, consider getting outside help. Find either a friend to spend quality time with, or a coach who will help you examine why you became stressed in the first place, and how to move forward in a healthier manner. The latter is what Put The Light Here does: life coaching, energy healing, and tips for healthy living. All appointments are held over the phone—no travel time, no parking hassles. Five days a week, including Saturdays. Not sure? No worries. Book your free consultation. Go to PutTheLightHere.com > Services > One-on-one Appointments.
How a Successful Business is Like the Lotus Flower
by Mary Pougnet eautiful and pristine on the surface, the white Lotus flower actually grew in a dark, inhospitable environment. It began as a seed deep in the mud. On its journey upward, it had to take from the mud the best of what was on offer, leave the rest behind, and break through the surface to bloom. The lotus therefore personifies resilience, perseverance, and strength in the face of adversity.
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
A business develops in a similar way. While the intention for the business may be clear, the environment in which it grows may become murky. Over my 40-year career, I have seen numerous types of “mud” get in the way of clients’ success: yy life and health issues (lack of sleep, overeating, depression, overwhelm, others’ opinions about their chances of success, low self-worth, guilt over not spending enough time with family, child care issues, divorce); yy lack of financial literacy (no cash flow, high banking fees and interest charges, not planning for sales tax and income tax liabilities, unfiled tax returns, unsettling letters from Canada Revenue Agency); and yy business setbacks (uncollected receivables, operating expenses higher than budgeted, inadequate or no business financing, key employee or supplier turnover). However, when one reaches out for the right help, the way becomes clear and the business can expand in a fiscally healthy manner. I therefore take a holistic approach to helping my clients—clearing away the mud, cultivating a healthy business, and watching it bloom. Let’s talk in a free consultation: 613-793-2443. www.WhiteLotusAccountingServices.com
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
2 Beechwood Ave, Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1L 8L9 Phone: 613-746-8821
We use 100% Natural Organic Shea Butter for Spa Massage and Hot Stone Massage and we use Natural Body Sugaring & Body Exfoliation products.
SUMMER SPECIAL off waxing Mondays & Tuesdays in July & August October 10% 2018
Gift Certificates Available!
Fear Calls Us to Keep Steady by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR)
ear isn’t something that disappears entirely from our experiences, especially if we’re not working diligently to release the subconscious ego. Life often surprises us and takes us to the outer threshold of our comfort, popping up from some hidden, forgotten place. We fear the unknown. But when it appears, it’s a recognition that some part of us has been fragmented from our wholeness and power. Fear is a trial of growth. It comes to us at times to bring awareness to our unlimited nature. By holding steady and moving through our fear we establish a new relationship with ourselves: stronger in heart and in our inner, core Spirit. It fortifies our self-trust. This isn’t to say, however, that fear should be present within us, because, in truth, it’s a program and a construct intended to suppress our multi-dimensional potential. Creating fear is a negative alien agenda. If we succumb to it then we end up feeling less than who we really are, because we cannot find our sacred, inner balance, activate our DNA, and integrate our soul. So it’s a paradox that fear doesn’t need to exist, and yet when it does, it can be a profound tool for our evolution. If we’re willing to claim responsibility for it as it surfaces, then we can also choose to create freedom from it - to ascend with more certainty that we are supported by our Divine God Within, and that who we are is much more adaptable, flexible and courageous than we had previously known of ourselves. Our heart is for love - to give this to ourselves at times when life feels especially unsteady. Love in times of fear is the greatest healer. It’s available and accessible. When
we turn toward ourselves in compassion the contraction of fear will self-organize into the flow of expansion. www.AwakeningtheTruthWithin.com 18-years intuitive, energy psychotherapy and multidimensional healing facilitation. Healing the root cause of stubborn patterns & any concern, for lasting change. Support for children and animals too. In person or by phone/skype 613-253-2888. Amâeil (Melinda Urban) 2018
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
How To Be Your Own Saviour
Part 2 of 3 t wasn’t till I surrendered to the fact that I needed to give up and drastically change the person I was, to enable me to be the man I am today and going forward. Once I changed the person I was, it allowed this assertive character to come out. It allowed the saviour to come out because this is the man that I needed to save me when I was an 11-year-old. This was a man I needed for all those trials and tribulations as a teen and in my 20s, and even up to a few years ago. This was the only character that I could’ve thought of, created in my imagination, in the lab of my mind to come through this, come through with bullet wounds and scars, yet made it through a better person, a stronger person, a wiser person, a person who is more bulletproof. Basically, I had to man up. I had to assert myself and all those things I’ve been putting off because I was too scared. I had to face it all. So how do you become the saviour of your life? Well, first of all sit down and realize that everything that’s going on in your life, the good and bad stuff and the bad stuff. You created it. On some vibrational level, on some unconscious level, you created this life. That’s you. And there may be other
parties that are involved in it but you created this life on some level. Just accept it. Accept it, you created it. But if you created it, you can also change it and create something in its place. So, ask yourself, if on speed dial there was the one person who past, present or future you could meet, if they got fully involved in your life, who would it be? Perhaps a celebrity, a mythical figure, a god, a TV show character, a superhero, a professional wrestler, a professional soccer player, a hockey player for my Canadian friends, you choose. But if you had to create someone that you knew and that person showed up in your life right now and took over your mind and your body, they would be able to take control and turn this wrong into a right and enable you to live through and burn through your own limitations. They could burn through the shackles of what the world’s put on you, that you allowed them to put on you in the first place because you allowed yourself to be socially programmed into doing this. It’s all you. It always comes back to you. But who would be that man or woman? Who would be that mythical creature that you would create who would be able to go through this trial and tribulation that you’re going through, be able to walk through that fire, able to walk metaphorically into a bunch of ongoing traffic or a
“I Can Make YouStop Stop Smoking in One Hour”Hour” “I Can Make You Smoking in One If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
bunch of bullets that were coming your way, and would be bulletproof like Neo from the “Matrix”? Who would they be? What would they look like? What would be their avatar? How would they dress? How would they act? What would their demeanour be? What kind of language would they use? How would they interact with the world? Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life. How would they create their life every day? How would they create with...interact with the opposite sex, the same sex? How would they be in business meetings, in corporations, Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist with clients, on the street, when will help you heal yourself naturally of: they’re getting a takeout, when they’re buying something from Walmart? I know you all go to • Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions Walmart because it’s cheap, and play • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt around with those trollies because • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome they’re fun and perhaps you take • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain a little ride. But joking aside, who • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits would that person be? Now it might not be appropriate VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at www.GracePlaceWellness.ca for you and you might not need a Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and guy with a big beautiful beard or talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems. twenty-one and counting tattoos. A guy that uses colourful language, a guy who calls people on their Do you answer YES to any of these questions? Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? behaviours, a guy who trains a Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? certain way every single day. Just Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? for that time I train. When I need Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? to default to my training, it’s there. Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another? I train for life but that’s for me. A person who meditates every day, or CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! a person who does everything every Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. day, they do it because they know Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested. it’s for their future self and their greater self. That’s the character I Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca created. But what character do you need to create to get you through the fire and get you onto the next level in your life? They can have a beard, they can have the world? What beliefs, what values do they need to tattoos. Are they going to be 200 pounds of twisted have so they can pull you through this and get you to steel and sex appeal or are they going to be soft or the next level of your life? These are the questions you gentler? Are they going to be more in touch with their need to ask yourself because you are creating and you emotive side? Are they going to speak articulately? Are are un-creating every moment of every day. they going to have big and thoughtful pauses between sentences? I don’t know. I don’t know who it is for you. Part 3 in October And this show’s not about making you a carbon copy of me. Not at all. There’s already one of me. We don’t need anymore. And as my dad said, “When people go Always Believe, to Las Vegas they want to see Elvis. They do not want Luke Michael Howard PhD to see an impersonator.” But who do you need to create Clinical Hypnotist in your life? How do they need to look? How do they www.LUKEnosis.com need to dress? How do they need to maneuver around
Hypnotherapy That Works GracePlace Wellness
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA GURDJIEFF STUDY GROUP www.gurdjieffottawa.ca For those wishing to connect with the teaching and practice of G.I. Gurdjieff and the possibilities for man’s inner development, we invite you to join us on Friday evenings. Phone 613-746-6547 or email@example.com SRI AUROBINDO STUDY GROUP. A new group is forming in order to study Sri Aurobindo and The Mother’s writings. firstname.lastname@example.org
• People NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sexuality educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the woulds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-413-1216
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and
by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and services. www.numetrica.city 613 266-7013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Animal Communication JULIE OLIVEIRA, certified AC. Identify emotional and behavioural issues, and messages. Visit: www.petstereo.com Email: email@example.com
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JUDY JIBB, Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org 613 304 4255 EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Healing
SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
RELEASING PAIN AT THE SOURCE. Home visit. Beau, 613-422-5606
CHRISTOPHER BARHAM, Certified Akashic Consultant. www.crystalhearthealing.org. 819-708-5876, email@example.com
SV AYURVEDA. Support for gut and digestive recovery. Consultations, therapeutic cooking classes, SVA Vibrational Therapy sessions. www.vibrationofbalance. weebly.com. Marie Amram 613-415-1139
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy October 2018
• Ayurveda (Holistic)
VAIDYA HEMANT GUPTA MD Ayurveda, DNM Only Ayurvedic Physician
DIRECTORY in Ottawa Area. 35 years of Experience Consultation, Therapies, Courses holisticayurveda.ca, email@example.com Phone: 613 422 0936
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
Circa 1894 - 3 guest rooms, renovated church. Use of Spa facilities (extra fee) - 3 Tubs; Finnish, NIR, FAR Infra-red saunas; Reiki. 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Books IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH - The Grail Message, by Abd-ru-shin, is a three-volume spiritual work that teaches us about the cosmic laws that not only govern nature but
all of Creation. It also gives clear explanations about our place and responsibility as we journey through life. This work addresses the individual human being regardless of race, creed or nationality; it reveals the true meaning of life and opens the door to true happiness and lasting inner peace. Orders : 1-877-7623077- email@example.com- grail-message.com SEVEN SISTERS is about a remarkable seed chase that is combined with the reclamation of lost heritage and culture of the Wabanaki people. This book and others on farming and gardening practices are available at www. earthhavenlearning.ca
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Lyn@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-762-4979. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca
happier, more confident and academically successful | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-4358678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512.
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com
PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minute Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Chakra In Motion Rhythm for your Soul CHAKRADANCE™ is a powerful and authentic healing dance. Using spontaneous dance, guided imagery that resonates deeply with each chakra. www.chakrainmotion.com Bernie Young firstname.lastname@example.org
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181
ICU-INSPIRING CHILDREN UNIVERSALLY – Reading blindfolded helps children become
DIRECTORY CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
WE HAVE WHAT YOU NEED. Whether you are looking for career guidance, self-improvement, or self-empowerment, we have someone to help. Call today and see how we can help you. Mention this ad for your 1/2 hour free consult. 613-859-5389 www.ceconsultingcanada.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Colour BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO A ROOM, shift the energies of your space, add a chakra colour as an accent wall, decorative designs or family trees can also add character and uniqueness to your home. Let Colour Guru bring new life, colour and uniqueness to your living space for 2018 and beyond. Colour Consulting available. Room clearing and smudging also available. Find us on Facebook Colour Guru! Happy New Year!! 613-797-1096
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca
emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
PAMELA HOLM, Registered Psychotherapist, Cert. Music Therapist. Expressive and receptive methods of healing. Spiritually oriented. Children through seniors. Range of issues and conditions. www.DeepSoulSinging.com and Deep Soul Energetics. 613-829-1556. email@example.com
FEEL LIGHTER! Intuitively & compassionately clarifying & clearing the root cause of your concerns. Specializing in stubborn patterns. Energy psychotherapy, ascension education & 12-dimensional clearing. Individuals, couples, children. In person/ by phone. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www.healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow. com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe, supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
DIRECTORY • Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com
• Crystal Shamanism CRYSTAL SHAMANIC PRACTITIONER, Crystal Healer, Psychic Intuitive, IET master instructor certified Yoga Teacher. Intuitive/psychic guidance given during Shamanic Healing sessions to better help you along your journey. Crystal layouts, chakra clearings, journeying and more. Sessions for children, teens, adults and animals. I also offer Crystal workshops, home crystal jewellery parties, psychic circles, meditation sessions, retreats. Contact: Sylvie_ Reardon@hotmail.com, Facebook: VieYoga and Crystal Shamanic Healing, 613-852-4963.
• Crystals CRYSTAL MEDICINE CENTRE – Crystal Store, Workshops, Training, Healing Sessions | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | 613-435-8678 | www.crystalmedicine.ca| firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987 ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage
Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Care NURSING FOOT CARE - IN HOME OR IN CLINIC. Sterilized individually packaged tools, best practices in clinical assessment, infection control, privacy and technologies. Pampered Mani/Pedi, advanced & diabetic Most insurance up to 80% & Veterans 100% SoftSoles.ca 613-621-0012 email@example.com
• Gardening/Landscaping SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: Planning, planting, problem-solving, messages and negotiations. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hair Analysis HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie
DIRECTORY • Healer INTUITIVE HEALING SPECIALIST NOW IN OTTAWA Physical, Mental, Psychological, Emotional, Past lives, Body, Mind, Spirit, Soul cleanse, Fears, Pain management. firstname.lastname@example.org 613 821 4809
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Herbalism THE BEST OF NATURE’S CERTIFIED HERBALIST, Miranda V Martel. Herbal Services: Herbal Spa treatments, Consultations for Balancing Health, Workshops, Walks and Remedies www. thebestofnature.ca Call: 705-561-5365 E-mail: email@example.com
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com MARIETTE is a certified, clinical master hypnotist with NGH trained by Sheila Granger. www.yourinnerself.ca
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens
to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127.
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575.
www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Private and group introductory and advanced classes. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@ gmail.com; sparkoflightmeditation.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Lotus Born Wellness Centre: 1226A Wellington W. WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on
DIRECTORY approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, email@example.com
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
Meditation Wednesdays at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, faye@pranichealingontario. ca, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 10:00 - 11:30am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
• Quantum Sound Therapy
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME ADVANCED PRANIC HEALING INSTRUCTOR & PRACTITIONER offering in-person and distant-healing sessions. She has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco & more. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional, and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye teaches Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts
YOUR VOICE IS MORE UNIQUE THAN YOUR DNA. Quantum Sound Therapy, will create YOUR unique set of Frequencies designed to remove negative emotions: fear, anxiety, anger, PTS, sadness that sabotage you. By SIMPLY LISTENING, you can let go of subconscious blockages, harmonize your being, SCIENTIFICALLY TRACK YOUR PROGRESS & Realize YOUR Potential. Contact: Lise Desjardins firstname.lastname@example.org 613-795-1469 Pesi Shroff email@example.com Golden Light Therapies: http://zgoldenlight.com/
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch
CATHERINE BASTEDO, MA, RT-CRA, ICRT, USUI-HOLOGRAPHIC & HOLY FIRE II KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, JIKIDEN Practitioner. Bilingual. Personalized classes; Reiki Master/Teacher Program;
DIRECTORY individual sessions; online Healing Your Chakras classes; Muskoka retreats. www.visionreiki.com. 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Master - Circa 1894 Day Spa, Lanark. Use of tubs/saunas included. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com HOLY FIRE REIKI treatments and courses with Martha St. Pierre. 613-422-7286; ladymjs50@ hotmail.com; holyfirereikiottawa.ca REIKI IS LIFE FORCE OF ENERGY. It helps for relaxation and stress. The best way to experience is having a full treatment. Call Laura at 613-608-9750. KARUNA HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI and USUI HOLY FIRE 2 REIKI IN WESTBORO - Germaine De Peralta (CRA, ICRT) - Workshops and Training. Also offer Depth Energy Healing sessions (Combination of Reiki, Relational Clearing and Crystal Healing). Tel: 613-6973105 or email@example.com
REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/
DIANE GODIN reikispiritualawakening.com 819-665-3187 (Ottawabased). Reiki is a spiritual therapy that provides healing energy to recharge and re-balance the human energy field, working with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. Reiki works well with stress, anxiety, chronic pain and much more. I am a Certified Reiki Master Practitioner (Energy Healer), Psychic Medium, Empath, and Witch. I also provide Card Readings.
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with email@example.com
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org CHARMING RURAL RETREAT COTTAGE NEAR WAKEFIELD. Couples/individuals. Clean, equipped. Year round. Minimum one month. For details text 819-328-3705.
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Shamanism HEALING SESSIONS+2-Yr CrystalShamanic Program - evolved training in the ancient Arts | Crystal Medicine Centre | 613-435-8678 | 1572 Stittsville Main Street, Stittsville, ON | www.crystalmedicine.ca| email@example.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832 RUPERT- helping you figure out your karma and resolve it using homeopathy. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SELF-RENEWAL & SOUL-CARE through belief-triage subtle energy healing system by Diane Oliver, Urban-Elder 613261-1602 email@example.com. www.Dignity101.com SPARKY TRINE SHAMANIC SUPPORT: questions, soul retrievals, power animals, extractions, project support, ceremony. https://sparkytrine.wixsite.com/adventures firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
DIRECTORY • Somatic Sex Education
• Tapping Modalities
LISA KOPIL, Meridian Tapping, Stress Management, Life Coach. Tap into your Life by changing your mind. Private sessions, workshops, drop in sessions. Tapforlife.com (613) 899-4994 SOMATIC SEXUALITY EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting integration of body and spirit, expanding consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca 613-413-1216
• Sound Healing COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks, chimes and other sound healing instruments to create a relaxing experience. Individual sessions and group meditations. Julie 613-254-8469.
Hot Tubs; Cold Tub; NIR, FAR, Finnish Saunas; Oxygen Therapy; iHeart monitoring (measures internal age). Hourly/Daily. 613-259-9988; circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! TONYA GARTSHORE, Dipl.S.T., RMT. Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Thai massage, Acupressure Facial. Two locations: www.tonyagartshorermt.com
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapeutic Yoga
REV. PATRICIA ROSE. Call/Text: 613-2978960. Or visit: www.allseasonsweddings.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com
Learn to “UNFOLD THE MYSTERY” with Jennifer “Lightwolf” Jones. To receive training in her inspiring Spiritpainting method, register at www.spiritpainting.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Tarot JUDY JIBB, Tarot and Astrology Ottawa, MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology (2016), Cert.F. Astol.S (1986), www.judyjibb.ca, email@example.com 613 304 4255
I‘LL DEVELOP YOUR OWN PERSONALIZED YOGA PROGRAM that includes poses, breathing exercises, meditations and healthy lifestyle tips to help you cope with anxiety, depression, weight loss, sleep problems, etc. Contact Linda for your free consultation at mountainsoulyoga@gmail. com or 613-862-4614.
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
PAST LIVES & NEW PERSPECTIVES to Present Problems. Life Path & Purpose, Guidance & Confirmation. 25 years Professional Experience, Spiritual & Practical: firstname.lastname@example.org
SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca
Are All Therapies Created Equal?
raditional medicine has limitations as most medications have side-effects. Disillusioned by this approach, alternative therapies are gaining popularity as they treat the human body as a whole i.e. physical, emotional, mental and spiritual (PEMS) states. Conditions given up by the medical community as ‘uncurable’, have been successfully treated with love and compassion, allowing individuals to have quality life, with some healed completely. These modalities do different things for different people and to varying extent – each having a rightful place in humanity’s journey. Quantum Sound Therapy (QST) uses your soul’s own tones to stimulate your body and soul’s selfhealing power, efficiently with ease and grace! It is your own whole brain healing through sound designed to bring your body into balance using a voice sample and scalar technology. Your voice is your energy signature that is more unique than your DNA. It carries your personality, beliefs, fears, worries and the vibrations of your health and wellbeing. As you continue to evolve, your voice constantly changes, providing a holistic measurement of your present state of consciousness that is scientifically reflected in your Personal Sound Frequency (PSF) graph.
Start Living Well
The client records a 10 second voice sample and emails it. Using award-winning software, the sample is analyzed, a 24-min sound track comprising frequencies your body is lacking generated and sent by email to the client. Arrangement is then made to provide a graph reading and where deemed appropriate, guidance to assist individuals in their journey provided. In QST, there is NOTHING TO LEARN OR DO. By SIMPLY LISTENING while going about your routine, the transmitted frequencies are assimilated in your body to remove PEMS blockages, fostering personal growth. There is NO TIME DEMAND placed on individual’s busy schedule. It can be ‘virtually’ administered to anyone, anywhere on the planet within minutes. Golden Light Therapies – in alignment with the manufacturer’s mission to make this technology available to all – you get your 24-minute personal sound track with graph interpretation for only $40 (taxes included).
To book an appointment, call Lise Desjardins: (613) 7951469 or Pesi Shroff: email@example.com By Reiki Mater Pesi Shroff & Reiki II Lise Desjardins
Offering relaxing spa massage and acupressure to release sore necks, shoulders and backs, energy healing, tarot readings, sound and Salt therapy, mani and pedis.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
In September, we are assisting clients on healing the Root Chakra using The Pendulum, Sound frequency, Energy, and time meditation www.startlivingwell.net 23 Rideau Heights Dr.
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Must call to book 613 697-9105
Search for God groups Success for the soul
Wise Words from Joanna Macy
Ian Prattis “Yes, it looks bleak. But you are still alive now. You are alive with all the others, in this present moment. And because the truth is speaking in the work, it unlocks the heart. And there’s such a feeling and experience of adventure. It’s like a trumpet call to a great adventure. How do we begin to deal with the plastic in the ocean that covers areas the size of countries? What are cell phones and microwaves doing to our biological rhythms? What exactly is in our food? How do we address genetic modification of crops? We are so hooked on all of this, on every level. How do we begin to contain it? Carrying capacity is the level most people talk about. It’s a defining aspect of the climate crisis. How will we grow the food we need given huge variations and extremities of weather? How will we handle the natural disasters and famines that will result from a chaotic climate? The deeper level is that consequences will extend far beyond the collapse of this civilization. The third level of crisis is the enormous increase in the rate of extinctions creating a loss of biodiversity so extreme that we can glimpse the doom of complex life forms. It takes highly differentiated, integrated and diverse systems to produce life forms complex enough for consciousness. The fourth level of crisis would be the destruction of everything more complex than anaeorobic life forms, because of the loss of our oxygen production in the oceans and on land. Our little minds think it must be over, but the very fact that we are seeing it is enlivening. We know we can’t possibly see the whole thing, because we are just one part of a vast interdependent whole–one cell in a larger body. So we don’t take our own perceptions as the ultimate. My world view has been so interwoven between the Buddhist teachings and living systems theory. They inform each other so powerfully. But even in Buddhism, where impermanence is a matter of course, there are no obvious concepts to deal with super-impermanence, in the sense that humans are now bringing an end to the Cenozoic era. In the best case, there may be an Ecozoic era to follow it. Continuing on our “business-as-usual” trajectory will acidify the oceans and trigger runaway global heating, epic mass extinction and a completely new cycle of geological time. A few climate scientists consider we may have already entered into runaway climate change. So the choice is how to live now. With the little time left, we could wake up more. We could allow this whole experience of the planet, which is intrinsically rewarding, to manifest through our heart-minds— so that the planet may see itself, so that life may see itself. Unfortunately the dominant institution of our
time has been created in the image of a psychopath, and it is legally mandated to behave as such. The American broadcast media is thoroughly controlled by corporate ownership or advertising revenue. They have reduced the population to a state of such stupidity. The experiential work, is to help people make friends with uncertainty, and reframe it as a way of coming alive. Because there are never any guarantees at any point in life. A major change is the relevance people are now finding in Native American teachings. There’s a deep respect for the wisdom that is there, and for the nobility of character that it fostered. I think that it is a precious addition to our triple gem—this fourth gem of our time—that the native peoples are speaking out.” See also: http://ianprattis.com/OurWorldIsBurning.html
Our World is Burning is an inspiring and informative read. Ian Prattis offers us valuable insight, wisdom and perspective in finding our way to a healthier world, one based on compassion and commitment, mindful of how everything we do impacts the whole. Laurence Overmire, Author of “The One Idea That Saves The World”
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Western Quebec
AILEEN MCKENNA Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Energy Therapy & Neuroplasticity Workshop
re you looking how to use the principles and tools from energy therapy and neuroplasticity to become more attuned to your body and mind and to teach them how to function more optimally on all levels? Energy therapies recognize energy as a vital, moving force that determines much about our health and wellbeing. The body can be healed by activating its natural healing energies and by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance. Neuroplasticity recognizes our brain’s ability to change its synaptic wiring by learning information and recording experience that results in a modified state of being. Plasticity enables us to evolve our habitual behaviours so that we can act and show up how we want to in life. Join us at Jaya’s one-day workshop and learn how to: • Use the principles and techniques of at least 5 reputable energy therapy modalities that will enable you to give yourself a basic healing session. • Identify and shift the energetic roots of mental, emotional patterns to change their effect on your overall health. • Track and deactivate bodily sensations that relate to bound survival energy from past thwarted fight, flight or freeze responses. • Use practical tools to calm, ground and rewire your nervous system and teach it how to self-regulate more effectively. • Use principles from neuroplasticity and quantum physics to help you to change your thoughts, moods and related habitual behaviors and create and anchor more of what you want in your life.
Once you learn and master how to command the energy and matter of your body, your whole life can begin to change in radical ways, beyond what we thought possible. Jaya Hollohan will be offering this workshop on Sunday, October 28th, 2018 from 10am-6pm in Centretown, Ottawa. Cost is $200 (or early bird $175 until October 7th). Please RSVP to: jaya@ energythrive.com to register and/or feel free to visit: www.energythrive.com and click on ‘Events’ for more information or to register. Jaya Hollohan MA is a Certified Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Cranial Sacral, Lymphatic Drainage, Mindfulness Life Coach, Reiki Practitioner, Hatha Yoga Teacher and is currently undertaking Peter Levine PhD’s 3 year Somatic Experiencing Professional Training, which assists in trauma resolution. She has been working in the healing field for over 10 years and has a very busy energy therapy practice in Ottawa and Gatineau. Jaya is Author of the book: “Who We Are When We Thrive: Remembering Happiness and Rediscovering Health”. Armed for Greatness is about the journey of Jessica, a teenager who starts to attract abusive relationships at an early age and all through her adult life. Her biggest fear is that she will transfer the abusive cycle to her two children. The book is not only the story of my life as Jessica but it is a practical and positive guide with personal development exercises. As an adult reader with children, you will get a clear vision of how your behavior can affect a child negatively and how you can change that to become a positive role model. As a teenager or young adult reader, you will understand how beliefs have been transferred to you unconsciously and by using and applying the tools in this book, you will free yourself from any blocks that are keeping you from reaching your true potential and greatness. For more information on the book, readers can go to my website www.armedforgreatness.com
INTELLIGENT DESIGN Darwin’s Dilemma
any people today believe that the origins of life on this planet can be explained by an evolutionary process, where inorganic material spontaneously produced organisms who “crawled out of the primeval mud,” and who, after eons of time culminated in the human being. This is the theory propounded by Charles Darwin in his book, The Origin of Species where he gives incontrovertible evidence of organisms mutating in response to their environment through ‘natural selection’ or survival of the fittest. However he did not claim that this process explained the appearance of the first living organisms. He said: “Our ignorance is as profound on the origin of life as on the origin of force or matter” (The Origin of Species) He nevertheless theorised that evolution could be responsible for the origins of life, though he makes this caveat: “If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down”. (The Origin of Species)
Darwin was working in the mid nineteenth century, when cells were considered simple accumulations of protoplasm. The invention of the electron microscope came almost 100 years later, in 1936 and was followed by the discovery of DNA in 1953. The extraordinary complexity of the sub-atomic world was revealed - a world of which Darwin was unaware. The self-confessed flaw in Darwin’s evolutionary theory is now coming to light: Many microbiologists now believe it is impossible for DNA to have evolved by the “numerous, successive, slight modifications” required for Darwin’s theory to hold. There are two main reasons: 1) There can be no cellular functioning without DNA. It is the ‘command centre’ of every living cell. Therefore DNA must have been in place before
any evolutionary modifications could take place. Without it, the necessary systems of reproduction, sensory capacity and adaptability to environment could not have been acquired. 2) “Irreducible Complexity”: a term coined by microbiologist Michael Behe. He and others, claim that DNA is of such inter-related complexity that it is virtually impossible for it to have developed incrementally; any evolutionary antecedants would have been dysfunctional. Behe said in Darwin’s Black Box: “Evolution cannot produce something where there would be a non-functioning intermediate. ‘Natural Selection’ only selects those structures which are functional”. Biologist Frank Salisbury said in Nature of DNA: “The entire system must come into being as one unit, or it is worthless.” So, if DNA, which contains all the genetic information necessary to make a daisy into a daisy or me into me, could not have developed progressively through time, then how could it have arisen? Here we get into the old controversy between the “evolutionists” - those who believe in the spontaneous generation of life from inorganic material, and “creationists” who believe that life is the handiwork of a Creator /God. Today many scientists ardently uphold Darwin’s evolutionary theory; indeed it has been widely presented as fact, rather than the hypothesis it is. Einstein said : “Science and Religion are branches of the same tree” However there are many who see the two as irreconcilable. It may be difficult to accept the concept of a Mind/Intelligence higher than our own. DESIGN And yet there is evidence of a mind at work in the design of our DNA. The fundamental property of all design is: Idea Precedes Implementation. Before we consider making anything it first exists in our mind as a mental construct or idea. Life is preceded by DNA, which contains the blueprint/design/idea for all life forms ...for a bacterium - an oak tree- or a human being. The DNA molecule represents more than itself - it is the design for an entire living organism. Designs require a designer - a creative mind. And in the case of DNA a supremely intelligent one. Every one of the 37 trillion cells which comprise the human body contains the DNA/genetic material for the entire body. Each cell extracts from its DNA the information it needs to perform its own particular task, according to its designated role in the body...... and how to best serve the interests of the entire organism, sometimes giving precedence to another organ in greater need of a certain nutrient. This is a holistic communications network far more aware and sophisticated than any man-made system. It is a spectacular process born of a spectacular design. e
INFORMATION There is a difference between ‘pattern’ and ‘design’. We see self-replicatory growth patterns in fractal formations throughout the natural world . It is information which mainly differentiates pattern from design; fractals carry no information, whereas the information carried in DNA is immense. It is an encoding and decoding mechanism that stores and transmits the message of the living organism. The code consists of the letters A,C,T,G, which in 3 billion interactions determine cellular function. Codes are a means to an end . Information is always distinct from the medium that carries it, whether it be a book or DNA, and always conveys the intentions of an intelligent mind.
THE HUMAN BODY The trillions of cells which comprise our body interact with eachother moment by moment and are orchestrated so brilliantly that we are unaware of the incredible activity going on within us. We give no thought to the amazing transformation that a ham sandwich goes through to become us ... a part of our cellular identity. In a matter of hours it becomes completely transformed into human material, requiring no conscious effort from us.... except maybe to decide whether it tasted good..!. Many scientists believe that life can be explained by purely biochemical processes, but they have been unable to prove that these could self-organise into living organisms...and are unwilling to admit the possibility of an unknown Mind / Intelligence behind these processes.
SCIENCE AND RELIGION If we can accept that there is a Mind with an “Intelligent Design” which underlies creation, then we step beyond the parameters of Science and into the domain of Religion /Spirituality. However there are many, including Einstein, who think there is no distinct boundary between the two ; that Truth transcends manmade boundaries . All the monotheistic religions are founded on the principle that there is a Creator..(whether he is named God, Allah, Yahweh, Brahman or The Life Force) ....who is “ omnipotent and ubiquitous” - who created everything and is to be found in everything. Science has revealed the marvels of DNA without which no life can exist .... is present in all living things... and shows all the hallmarks of being the “Intelligent Design” of a great Mind It can be overwhelming to believe that we owe not just our own existence, but all life around us to a Higher Intelligence, yet it can be argued that DNA research makes this conclusion preferable to the alternative: that inorganic material can, in a single generation, organise itself into a complex coding system which produces life. If Darwin were alive today, I wonder where he would stand on the issue.... Rosemary Scragg Ottawa, August 2018
Understanding of the self
t is important to know, understanding of our emotional and logical disturbance is the first steps to recognize and identifying needed professional help. This short article is all about how to evaluate and understand ourselves to know in which category we have difficulty to function. It is true that all categories that I will mention are related to each other yet, getting rid of one conflict will help us to deal easily with few others. Foundations of understanding our emotional difficulties built in our core belief system, internally and systematically. The essential element is being aware of the self and its boundaries and directions. This will enable us to regulate, learn and give attention to the needed internal and external information to form skills for required tasks and taking our past experiences in our consideration. Now matter of communication in variety levels in form of verbal, none verbal, symbolic way of communication helps us to reflect and understand our lives through social and personal interaction. We also need to recognize and identify, differentiate and distinguish circumstances of the self from fantasy and reality, past, future and present moment. I work with imagination and I believe imagination is core of our mental state that is reflections of our behaviour, desire, needs, wants, goals and belief system. Self-esteem gives us sense of control which must not be out of reality neither viewed unrealistically. Our impulses are experienced internally yet, reflection of it is external one, then self must be able to control and regulate impulses within an appropriate adopted behaviour that matches logical way of doing things and social norms. Our ability to express and cope is part of our defense mechanism and inappropriate cope and defense mechanism will be mistaken as defense mechanism. We also have ability to adopt and when this skill is not exists or not developed then the self will be lost in confusion with not being able to define the self, self’s properties and its boundaries. Above points are not complete picture of self evaluation but they are basic and fundamental one. Just going through above matters even in the surface will helps us to recognize possible emotional disturbance in our lives journey.
Gestalt Ottawa www.gestaltottawa.com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-260-2604 383 Parkdale Ave Ottawa, Suite 105
Understand Yourself on a Deeper Level than ever Before
e all experience moments in our lives when we feel so exhausted by our frustration with a physical or emotional struggle, life almost feels unbearable. When reflecting upon these issues, many of us begin noticing negative patterns that keep repeating in various aspects of our lives. For some reason, however, regardless of what we know and understand, we are unable to end the agonizing cycles. What far fewer people experience is the powerful role our Akashic records play in all of this, and the way learning how to access them — on your own or through an Akashic reading — provides ad unparalleled opportunity for growth, healing, and improvement in our relationships with friends, family, colleagues, lovers, and even ourselves.
What are the Akashic records? The term akashic records is derived from the word akasha (आकाश), meaning “ether” or “atmosphere” in Sanskrit, or awash (आकाश), meaning “sky” or “heaven” in Hindi. Simply put, the Akashic record is an enormous library containing recordings of everything that has ever happened in the past, everything that is happening in the present moment, and everything that ever will happen in the future. Imagine that library filled with this specific information regarding each and every person on the planet. When you gain access to and read your own personal book, you are able to learn about the unseen or unknown negative influences affecting your life and your relationships, which you can then “clean out” in order to keep them getting in the way of your future happiness. While this concept is one that can be found within established religions, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam, the practice of cleansing your personal Akasha or “infinite space” is something that you can practice even if you’re only spiritual, and not religious. Here are 5 ways knowing how to access your Akashic records for reading and cleansing means knowing how to find true happiness and peace.
1. By helping you identify and remove roadblocks to finding true love If you wonder why you sometimes seem to push people away, cycling through friends or lovers, or perhaps rarely even attracting them, the reasons these issues are affecting you energetically show up in the Akasha. There are limitless possibilities for why you’re being held back in your life, including aspects of yourself you are currently unaware of, such as spiritual “contracts” and much more. An Akashic reading can help you identify the particular roadblocks to happiness in your romantic relationship, so you can then cleanse and erase them. 2. By motivating you to work through physical and mental health struggles If you struggle with either physical or mental health issues, an Akashic cleansing might help get you on the path to a better life. The Akashic realm is a perfect place for initiating change from the inside out. You can clear out trapped energies, including limiting belief systems and images you hold, and see how the quality of your life improves. 3. By empowering you to work through and release physical and emotional pain Chronic pain management is not yet well-understood by the medical community, although, thankfully, new means and methodologies are emerging regularly. Without getting too technical on the “science” of the Akasha and the human body, we view our bodies from the perspective of quantum physics, we are all integrated beings comprised of vibration, light, and other fields of energy. Understanding this notion might require a paradigm shift in your own view of the human body, breaking it down to a more physicsbased, particle-level vision of yourself, but that being said, once you shift your vibrations through an Akashic records cleansing, the underlying causes of chronic pain can often be healed. 4. By showing you your soul’s purpose When you understand your soul’s purpose and what you most wish to accomplish or contribute, your life starts to make more sense and may lead you to consciously begin making different, more purposeful and fulfilling choices. The information you gain from an Akashic reading can also give you the boost in confidence you’ve been needing in order to get going on ideas or projects you have felt were right, even when you didn’t understand why. It is important to understand, however, that the information you receive during an Akashic consultation about your soul’s purpose does not usually read like a job description. It actually offers you something much better — a clear view of what you are here to do — which you can then incorporate into everything aspect of your life.
5. By helping you reach your professional goals An Akashic reading can help you leverage a deeper pool of knowledge through which you can achieve better results. Every business, not-for-profit, group, and organizational team has an Akashic record, and you can tap into this source of wisdom in ways that assist you with decision making, ideas, and opportunities for success and advancement. Perhaps you would like to try and distinguish between your team’s best and highest interest versus it’s most profitable interest. Maybe you would like to work on strategies to improve the likelihood of a promotion. You are now in the “know” of this incredible tool to improve the quality of your work life, Akashic reading and healing! Akashic reading and healing can help you find happiness by improving your personal relationships, reducing or eliminating pain, clarifying your soul’s purpose, and enhancing your professional life. Naturally, there are many, many, more ways to improve your life’s adventure with Akashic reading and healing, so keep visiting your library regularly!
letting go of anxiety:
an inspirational evening at the Canadian Museum of Nature Thursday, November 15 • 7:30-9:00pm
This public talk in Ottawa features the internationally renowned Buddhist Teacher Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab, a modern Buddhist monk who is deeply respected worldwide for his powerful and practical teachings.
Tickets are $20.00 and available now online at
Christopher Barham, Certified Akashic Consultant 819-708-5876 ~ www.crystalhearthealing.org email@example.com
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 234-4347
198 Main Street, Ottawa, ON • 613-234-9597 • www.thegreendoor.ca
Am I Really As Good As I Think I Am?
ixteen weeks ago, I embarked on a personal, intuitive training journey. I became a certified intuitive life strategist + coach. My teacher, Tess Adams, a Nova Scotia woman took me to my biggest skillsets and made sure that I not only practiced them well but also grew within them. She asked me to reflect on the experience as my final homework. Here are my reflections. This was a one-on-one training that I appreciated and enjoyed a lot. Our allotted time together was approximately one hour per week. In the first five weeks, I was introduced to intuitive tools that allowed me to experience myself differently and more profoundly. I also recognized that I had my own toolbox that was also effective. I gained more confidence in my intuition, my skillset and in my life approach because I received constructive feedback. I was asked to work with at least 3 people as a coach type person. I ended up with 6. My niche is inner self works and soul energy medicine services. It didn’t take long before the subjects that needed to be discussed were of a spiritual nature. I am also a healer. It didn’t take long before the conversations included healing. I am also a shamanic soul healer and it didn’t take long for that ingredient to also show up in the mix. My intention for taking this training was to learn how to think coaching. I have so much to share but I needed to learn how to dispense it bite-sized. The approach taught, showed me how to do that.
Ottawa Area Christian Meditation presents a twilight retreat with Dom Laurence Freeman, director of the World Community for Christian Meditation. Light and Shade: The Ups and Downs of Life Wednesday, October 10, from 7-9 PM Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street, Room 1124 $30 per person payable at the door. Reserve by email: email@example.com
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2017 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn to live within Spirit. Make the shift from Ego to Soul-Centered Living
613-261-1602 email@example.com egotriage.com
Subtle Energy Discernment Training
Diane Oliver Intuitive Life Strategist, Shamanic Healer, ''Spirit in 3D'' Teacher
By speaking-healing-teaching to the same women once a week for five weeks, I was able to hone my unique skillset and see the effects these skills had on these six women! I was able to see how important the message of the language of the Soul really is and how powerful it is to help someone effect profound change. I was also able to see myself grow in the process. Each one of the six women volunteers had different needs. One needed to come into contact with the Medicine Wheel and needed help rewriting her resumé; another learned that by focusing on one thing at a time, even if it’s just a short time, she could accomplish more in a day and find a balance in her life; another needed compassion in a big way; another needed to connect to another empathetic person. It was all very amazing and rewarding. We would set the intention for the meeting and it took over the conversation. By asking questions and learning to stay on track in our conversations, these women had breakthroughs they were not expecting. I simply loved watching their intuition at work! Now, sixteen weeks later, my head is still spinning but I have no doubt that if you are looking to move forward with a project or with your own personal development, my inner self works approach will be of benefit to you. These sessions end up being transformational. It’s hard to put into words. You need to experience it for yourself. Are you ready for a four-week intuitive journey with your Self and me? Check out my website. If you believe you are ready and are shy, I understand – I will help you with that shyness, compassionately, harmlessly and judgment-free. This may not be an earth shaking life experience for you but rather one where you are happier on a day-to-day basis because you rediscover the joy of balance and inner peace by hearing yourself speak your own truth. Looking forward to hearing from you, Diane Oliver Inner-Self-Works Specialis Soul Energy Medicine Services Dignity101.com 613-261-1602 firstname.lastname@example.org
Relax ~ Refresh ~ Re - Discover
Indian Head Massage
ndian Head massage gives you space to relax into a quiet, calm and welcomed environment. Who knows what may happen if you discover a ‘stillness from within’ allowing a new awareness to emerge. Are you noticing added pressure right now, with the change of routine, to help your children get back into their schedule for school? Or, an emptiness that you are feeling with your adult children leaving the family home? Or, aging parents that need more immediate attention? Or, frustrated that you feel like you’re waiting again, bothered by carry too much weight, with a rumble from within screaming…”when is it my turn”? Yet, how can we possibility slow down to speed up right now? Throughout this edition of the tone, there are many suggestions. For me, I offer an Indian Head massage treatment. Reported benefits of this wonderful practice are feelings of general relaxation, to releasing tight and painful muscles, easing stiffness, along with breaking down knots in muscles. As well, there is possible improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins. IHM is similar to that deep relaxation when you get a good shampoo from your hairstylist or barber; and lasting more than a few minutes! Most of the IHM treatment is done sitting in a chair; ending on the massage table. Wear a light, comfortable top or sweater and there is no need to disrobe.
SAND MANDALA 2018 Echoes of the Sacred
Indian Head Massage Both Men and Women can equally benefit 613 402 2487
By appointment only, Marie Smith, B.A. B.Ed. Certified Practitioner, IHM @ email@example.com
She studied two intensive years with an energy coach. Certified in Reiki, Healing Touch, and Indian Head Massage; School of Hard Knocks, and has an insatiable appetite as a Lifelong Learner. For an IHM session, or further questions, please email Marie Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613 402 2487.
October 11 - 13 At Ottawa City Hall, free to the viewing public, the monks of the Palyul Namdroling monastery will demonstrate the sacred art of the creation and dissolution of a sand mandala dedicated to the deities of wisdom and compassion. This 3 day event includes a fund-raising bazaar, masked Lama dances, and a concert of sacred music from the Tibetan ritual called Chöd (Cutting through ego). H.H. Karma Kuchen Rinpoche, throneholder of the Palyul tradition, and Khenchen Tsewang Gyatso will also be in Ottawa to lead ritual initiation ceremonies. For tickets to the concert and empowerments, search http://www.eventbrite.com under "Echoes of the Sacred". Hosted by Ottawa Palyul Centre, www.palyulottawa.org
DISARMING THE NARCISSIST: THE ART OF EMPATHIC CONFRONTATION AND LIMIT SETTING
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
WENDY BEHARY, MSW LCSW
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC ver the past few weeks, I’ve been seeing lots of posts on social media about “stillness”. It must be a sign so let’s look at this for a moment. We live in a world where there is a 24-hour news cycle which is constantly bombarding us with information. There are work and family requirements that need our constant attention. I see people walking their dogs focusing on their phones. I even see people riding their bikes and checking their phones while in motion. We never disconnect from all of this and after a while, it wears us down. Rant over! For a high energy person like me, learning how to be still was not the easiest thing to master. Even to this day, I need to be in motion because if I’m not, I then feel like I’m not accomplishing something. I’ve struggled with this and I’m sure this sounds familiar to you as well. The flip side to this is that once you learn to take time for yourself, it soon becomes addictive and a requirement in your daily routine. Start by blocking off 15 minutes and put up a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your life. Gradually work this up to 30 minutes. Get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning so that you can have your “me” time. Turn off the radio in your car and don’t answer your phone while driving around. Go for a walk outside without your phone. I’ve had to tell my loved ones that when I’m having my “me” time, I am not available. You don’t need to go spend time alone in a cave either. Life can wait. The greatest benefit to the practice of “stillness” is an increase amount of mental clarity. With a still mind, you will be able to hear the answers to your questions. By being still and focusing on your breath, you will be able to connect to your true self. Give it a try. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca; www.yourretirementcoach.ca
November 9, 2018 Saint Paul University, Ottawa
IT’S THE LAW: A LEGAL PRIMER ON CONSENT, CAPACITY, DOCUMENTATION, CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE MANDATORY REPORTING, AND THE DUTY TO WARN
ROBERT SOLOMON, LLB, LLM Date: Location:
November 30, 2018 Saint Paul University, Ottawa
Improve your life through the knowledge of energy • Standardized courses & mentoring • Individual sessions • Meditations LEARN BASIC PRANIC HEALING Location: 1226A Wellington West, 2nd Fl
October 13-14, 2018 | 10:00am-6:00pm Contact: email@example.com Classes, Healing Sessions, Meditations (by appointment only)
DI AMON D APPROAC H® OT TAWA INNER SUPPORT A Diamond Approach Seminar Open to the Public and Current Students The Diamond Approach is a path of wisdom through direct experience. It recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and adapts itself to each person’s needs at the time. It does not require that people adapt to some ideal, but welcomes people as they are and helps them to take the natural next step for their unique development.
Inner support is one of the pure forms in which our Being manifests. It is always available as a groundedness,
definiteness, and certainty that provides the self with confidence. In this weekend we will explore where true inner support comes from, and what prevents it from manifesting for us more often in our daily lives.
DI A MOND APPROACH OT TAWA is now forming A NEW ONGOING R ETR E AT GROUP.
The group is non-residential and will meet 3 times a year in a weekend format. Also, there will be a 2-day weekend retreat via Zoom webinar in the winter. These retreats will include evocative teachings, meditation and body-based practices, experiential exercises, and self-inquiry.
Friday, November 2nd, 2018 6:30pm - 9:30pm (registration begins 5:45pm)
DAT E S :
Saturday, November 3rd and Sunday, November 4th 10:00am - 6:00pm LOC AT ION :
Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street, Rm L-120 Ottawa, ON K1S 1C4
T E ACH E R S :
Lisa Barrett and Carolyn Cerame
C O ST :
$425 + HST $350 + HST for members currently enrolled in an ongoing Diamond Approach group $300 + HST Full-time students
C ON TACT :
For registration and information, please contact Lisa Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
had a life changing experience working with Hameed Ali (A.H. Almaas) and the Diamond Approach for the past 26 years. “ I haveThe Diamond Approach is among the most integrated and visionary teachings of body, heart, and spirit that I know. ” - Jack Kornfield, Ph.D, Author of A Path with Heart
Please visit www.diamondapproach.org to learn more about the Diamond Approach. October 2018
DIAMOND APPROACH, RIDHWAN DIAMOND APPROACH and RIDHWAN are registered trademarks of the Ridhwan Foundation. The Ridhwan “HU” symbol is a trademark of the Ridhwan Foundation.
The October 2018 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. One of Canada's longest running health and wellness magazine.