March 2013 a Volume 28, Number 7 a Priceless
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec
Tone is now in Kingston, Ontario! With the help of Kingstonâ€™s own, LILA Centre See the Kingston page spread on page 60 & 61
The End of Suffering
Live Seminar with the Algonquin Shaman March 19 @ Main Public Library www.The8thFire.comďż˝
How to Recognize an Elder Amongst Us Page 63
WELCOMING NEW PATIENTS Searching for a new doctor? Dr. Richard Putnam BA, DC, ND Naturopathic DoctorIs (#564) The Doctor In! Ontario trained, registered & insured.
www.drrichardputnam.com 37 years experience.
194 Main St., Suite 209, Ottawa, ON firstname.lastname@example.org www.drrichardputnam.com 1-613-363-3205
International Academy Health Education
SUN. MAR. 3 ~ 2pm-5pm
Explore Experience Learn
Become a Healthcare Professional EXPLORE HOW TO BECOME A REFLEXOLOGY PRACTITIONER OR A NUTRITION COUNSELLOR EXPERIENCE AN ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT AND HEAR ABOUT THE PATHWAY TO BECOME AN ACUPUNCTURE PRACTITIONER TREAT YOURSELF TO A MASSAGE AND LEARN HOW TO BECOME A MASSAGE THERAPIST
Sunday March 3rd 2013 2pm to 5pm
Refreshments & Door Prizes ~ All Ages Welcome! International Academy Health Education 380 Forest St., Ottawa – Just West of Lincoln Fields 613-820-0318
YOGA BOUTIQUE • WORKSHOPS • YOGA TEACHER TRAINING • OVER 100 DROP-IN CLASSES PER WEEK • STUDENT RATES
342 Gladstone Ave. between Bank & O’Connor • 613.234.7974 • www.ottawayoga.com
Kick Your Asana! Feeling challenged by life? Awaken your power with Kundalini yoga! This powerful style of yoga will teach you the tools to excel!
Special Kundalini Yoga Classs Package for March: 10 classes for $80. Valid for 30 days from the purchase date.
The 21 Stages of
Meditation A Journey to the Self Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan
with Dr. Gurucharan Singh 3 Weekends ~ 3 Journeys ~ Free Intro Talk March 22 ~ Course Begins March 23 This course is for anyone who wants to enhance the joy of their meditation experience. Students and Teachers from all traditions welcome. This course contributes to KRI Level 3 Certification and qualifies for Yoga Alliance CEUs.
Over 80 Drop In Yoga Classes & Workshops per week + Master Classes & Teacher Trainings 52 Armstrong St. near the Parkdale Market
613-761-9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
The Urban Vegetarian II:
Perfection-Satisfaction-Promise, The Pantry Tea Room, The Wild Oat, Bread and Sons Bakery, Umi Café, Simply Raw Express, The Tea Party, etc. A few of these are vegetarian-friendly and/or vegan-friendly and they serve only a few exceptions to the wo years ago I published an article vegetarian-vegan life-style menu. Three by the same title throughout Ottawa. or four have closed their doors since my Since then several of us have approached first article two years ago. some of the downtown vegetarian Most cities grow to the west and Ottawa restaurants to see if they would be is no exception. The urban population to interested in opening a second vegetarian the west of downtown Ottawa has grown restaurant out in the west end of Ottawa. considerably in the past ten years. The So far a vegetarian restaurant in the west average age of the Nepean population end has not materialized. The model that has gone down markedly. The I and many others are hoping for is number of Nepean steak houses and similar to The Green Door on Main s s s e fast food meat restaurants has also St. or The Table on Wellington St. (at elln w decreased significantly. The younger Holland Ave.). They both sell food smokin generation is eating much healthier frui by the weight and are buffet-style foods and demanding more organic and without servers. The variety of food products. xie healthy and tasty foods and desserts ty Unfortunately, when a Nepean, self and baked goods and drinks that -esteem Kanata or Barrhaven resident wants they offer is truly outstanding!! t a healthy vegetarian meal they have weigh When I visited Findhorn to go downtown. Community in Scotland, I learned COUNSELLING, COACHING The time is ripe for an “Urban a very powerful technique of & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE Vegetarian Eatery” in the Nepean visualization called manifestation Richard M. Haney area of the city, probably in the technology. Simply stated, if a person Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist Algonquin College area near focuses on a particular idea for long Woodroffe Ave. and Baseline Rd., enough and intensely enough, it (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 just off the Queensway. Note that eventually comes into being in the Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. many of the original and most physical world. For the last 3 or 4 www.ottawahypnosis.com successful vegetarian restaurants www.ottawacounselling.com years many of us have been hoping were located near large university for and visualizing a vegetarian student populations. This ensures a steady clientele restaurant in the west end of Ottawa-Carleton. There while the rest of the population is discovering the new are NO vegetarian restaurants in Orleans, Kanata or vegetarian eatery location. Nepean! There are just two in Gatineau (Café Gaia and La Belle Verte). We have approached the International Restaurant We have counted at least fifteen in Ottawa!! They at Algonquin College, the nearby Summerhays Grill are all east of Holland Avenue. The downtown Ottawa on Baseline Rd., the new terra20 Eco-Superstore in healthy food eateries list includes: The Green Door, the IKEA mall, and the Rainbow Health Food Store The Table, The Green Earth, The Green Rebel, The Zen on Richmond Rd. Although they all support the idea Kitchen, Café My House, Govinda’s, Peace Garden, of such a restaurant nearby, so far no restauranteur has committed to opening one. Please contact me if you have any suggestions or ideas that will lead to the realization of this much needed and long overdue culinary manifestation in the west.
A Healthy Food Eatery in Nepean
This article was written in March of 2013 by: Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. To contact Richard please call (613) 234-5678 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Bringing Grief out of the Shadows…
Grief – What a Wonderful World it Could Be By Vonne Solís, Angel Therapy Practitioner®
rief makes us all feel lost and alone, frightened and confused. Our thoughts and feelings influence how we function in pain; that is how we express emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally to experience life in every way. There are no shortages of the painful experiences we have chosen to bring meaning to our lives through enlightenment. For some people, it takes a really hard knock to awaken them to the most powerful of these lessons that include compassion, forgiveness and unconditional love. Others choose not to awaken, and instead remain unaware of the many opportunities for change and growth that await us in every painful experience. The more consciously aware we become the more we understand our responsibility to spiritually evolve. At the core of this evolvement is healing in the truest sense of the word. To know healing in all its authenticity is a major lesson we have all chosen discarnate to master as incarnate beings. As such, millions of people are suffering the world over to give themselves the opportunity to become whole. Thankfully, we don’t need to experience pain in the same way or to the same degree to take value from any suffering. What remains consistent is the equal opportunity we all have chosen to learn life altering lessons through the insights that accompany every difficulty. While it is challenging at best to seek enlightenment in any pain, by choosing to live consciously aware you begin to see all of your difficulties with greater clarity, embracing all experiences both good and bad. You come to understand pain as a necessary part of the journey through which you can connect at a very deep level to the inherent and authentic inner power you are. As an enlightened being you realize that pain is not all it seems, and that by fully awakening you will find everything in happiness you were seeking in sorrow. Right now, if you are suffering in any way, feel isolated, frightened or without hope, step back from your situation for just a moment. Remember, you are not alone in your pain. There is someone ready to care about you right now, somewhere. Ask the angels to help you find the people and resources you need to find support. It may be through joining a local or online
support group, confiding in a trusted friend or loved one, seeking solace in a church or befriending a stranger or colleague. By asking for their help, the angels can guide you to understand your experience in a meaningful way, rediscover small joys that will lead you out of the darkness, and through every expression of joy, help you once again feel that life is worth living. With a small shift in thinking you will lighten your heart and learn to trust yourself to courageously transform your life, one step at a time. To shift your thinking, consider someone else’s pain that may be greater than your own. Feel inspired by their story. Choose to experience your world differently. Accept that it’s okay to want happiness. Use every step that seemingly takes you backward to gauge where you do want to go. Know that any desire you feel to rise above all pain represents your willingness to align with Spirit to express true joy from the authenticity of your soul. For more information on this and related topics check out Divine Healing available at Chapters stores and online. For angel readings, workshops and speaking engagements visit www.vonnesolis.com
What Proper Elimination Really Means By Sarah Ives, www.ohmyraw.com
You might think that if you have one bowel movement a day, you have perfect elimination. While this is true for some people (depending on the quality of the bowel movement), it is not true for many more.
ealth and vitality is intricately linked to your gut and your FREE Green Smoothie elimination habits. We are only as Class healthy as how we poop. The mind, March 26th 7:30 pm in fact, is intricately linked to our bowels and intestines and new studies prove this. Therefore, it is critical for excellent health that we know more 21 Day Spring about proper elimination. Raw Energy Cleanse With the traditional SAD Starts diet (standard American diet), constipation – even mild constipation March 10th 2:30 pm – is so common in our culture that as www.ohmyraw.com many as 30% of people have chronic So, while your doctor may say your one small poop constipation (likely many more). every second day is “normal”, bear in mind what is It is no small coincidence that the most common considered “normal” by our cultural standards: heart foods in our culture, meat, dairy and processed foods, bypass surgery, high cholesterol and/or blood pressure, slow our intestines down terribly. Excessive mucous in diabetes, diverticulitis, etc. our throats, sinuses, mouth and tongue are a sign that Healthy elimination should range anywhere from you have built-up fecal matter lining your gut and that 1-3 large bowel movements a day without straining a cleanse or detox is in order (plus a few other things or any other elimination issues. Elimination time is below). brief (unfortunately, there is little time for bathroom reading!). It’s tempting to think that if we eat something it will leave our systems completely but this is far from the truth. In fact, fecal matter can build up in our colon and prevent the proper absorption of nutrients from our food. As well, it can cause diseases like diverticulitis and long term constipation, which is linked to a range of diseases, a big one being colon cancer. Your stools should be soft and somewhat hydrated – stools that are hard have stayed sitting in your body for too long, soaking up precious fluid from your gut.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
WELCOMING NEW PATIENTS Dr. Richard Putnam BA, DC, ND Naturopathic Doctor (#564) Ontario trained, registered & insured. 37 years experience. 194 Main St., Suite 209, Ottawa, ON firstname.lastname@example.org www.drrichardputnam.com 1-613-363-3205
Those who have chronic rabbit poop (little pebbles) are in real need of some dietary changes, cleansing and perhaps colon hydrotherapy. Here are some steps to help eliminate any digestive distress: ñ Go when you have to! Waiting to use the bathroom increases your odds of fecal matter build up and a range of other problems. ñ Use a stool in the bathroom! Any small stool will help you to achieve full elimination, something that is not always achieved with toilets. Why? We evolved squatting, so it is still the ideal way to eliminate and using this stool will help to mimic this movement. ñ Always stay hydrated. ñ Cleanse or detox your system! (I have a fantastic Raw Energy Cleanse) ñ Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, experiment with raw foods. ñ Limit your stress. Pray if you’re religious and/or meditate with a CD if this feels more natural than just sitting and listening to your breath. ñ Exercise Regularly. Exercise helps the body to eliminate stools and to get things flowing. ñ Visit a colon hydrotherapist who can wipe your pipes clean. While this isn’t something you need frequently, once or twice yearly it can have wonderful benefits. Sarah Ives is a plant-based health coach, raw food instructor and educator. Join her for her Raw Energy Cleanse this March 10th at 2:30 pm and/or for a Free Green Smoothie class March 26th at 7:30 pm. Learn more at www.ohmyraw.com
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Masterfully guiding you to your own inner wisdom to unravel the root cause of your limiting concerns, and help you reclaim your authentic power, freedom, and sovereignty.
ur capacity to forgive rests on a foundation of empathy and reverence for the sacredness of our fellow wo/man. Forgiveness is heart-centered, and when it brings about unity it’s entirely profound; it is the externalization of the beloved Mother/Father God in Divine union, the manifestation of Christ consciousness. Forgiveness is often predicated on the concept that there is some wrong-doing which must be assuaged. We frequently use judgments of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ as acceptable assessments of actions. Instead, the effect of an action is the key consideration, and every experience can serve a higher purpose, IF it brings about learning. The sacred perspective is this; whatever took place can bring deeper meaning, and what has been torn apart can be brought into greater wholeness. Forgiveness is much more than easing someone’s guilt: it is the cycle of cause and effect in full completion, and the restoration of harmonic resonance. Discussing what took place, the impact it had on all involved, and the change required, are all elements of healing conversation for meaningful forgiveness. However, if the heart remains closed, either for the one forgiving or the forgiven, it blocks the natural law of cause and effect from being fully realized, and completing the healing experience between the two people for which it was created. It impedes at-One-ment with God Source. To deeply forgive we must yield to our own pain, yet we have difficulty allowing ourselves to feel pain; we shy away, defend, diminish or ignore it. When we rush to forgiveness to alleviate the pain, we ignore what matters the most - the complete release of the painful energy so that it can be left outside of the next-moment interactions between the same two people, or with any others. To feel our pain requires the willingness to sink into it so that it no longer controls, to embrace and accept it so that it can dissolve in self-compassion. Then the energy is transformed. This is why it is said that we forgive for our own sake, rather than the sake of the other. The one being forgiven must also be willing to feel his/her own pain in having created hurt, whether intentioned or not, and feel the pain caused the other through empathy. Those afraid of feeling will carry the heavy burden of the dense energy. To free ourselves it’s important to face the truth of our actions. Those which have directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally, hurt others, and actions that have hurt us, if left unreconciled, have the potential to remain in our field like accumulated debris – karma. It’s worth taking the time to reflect on our hurts and transform them into sacred exchanges.
Are you ready to forgive yourself? We can bring clarity & deep healing to your spiritual-energetic foundation to help you reclaim your authentic power, freedom & sovereignty. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas stubborn patterns fears karma inorganic structures limiting beliefs miasmas ancestry astral body distortions
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, theta healing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
This ascension timeline is calling us to clear our imbalanced karma. This means that karma newly created in this lifetime will be returned to you in this lifetime for balancing. Old karma, often experienced as bad luck or thought to be external psychic attack, is also now being brought to consciousness for clearing. This can be carried over from other personal lifetime experiences, ancestral or planetary levels. Yet, all types can be accessed and cleared; the multi-dimensional healing intelligence system with which I work is profoundly helpful. While the balancing of all our karma may sound unwieldy, and our ability to readily forgive difficult, our essence knows the truth; true freedom is to live deeply in one’s own heart. In self-mastery, forgiveness is natural, and just the completion of the law of cause and effect, to ease suffering and return us to our inner balance. Forgiveness is Divine union, with our own Spirit, and the souls with whom we journey. When you embrace this opportunity you are the embodied Cosmic Christ. Copyright 2013 Melinda Urban All Rights Reserved For more healing tools, subscribe to my FREE e-zineBeing the Peace. 613-253-2888, www.MelindaUrban.com - many services, articles, case studies. Integrating energy psychotherapy, thetahealingTM, vocal healing, and holographic multi-dimensional healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone.
Intuitive Development Classes Psychic Readings Medical Readings Healing Sessions Life Coaching
Marlene Stevens www.psychicmarstevens.com email@example.com
What Inner Radio Station Are You Listening To?
you're judging others or yourself, it's impossible to aim negative judgments in any direction without experiencing the sharp edges of judgment within yourself. And so after this good honest look at her mind my client asked how to undo this tendency – how to change this nagging and harsh radio station within her own mind. This is where hypnosis comes into play. The techniques are adapted to your needs and objectives. It could be kindness, openness, compassion or simply to have a lighter and happy outlook on life. Often it is about letting go of the past. Once we have defined the objectives, so intimate to oneself, then we can empower them. The easiest part of the session ensues. The techniques used in hypnosis vary from deepening our state into a profound and rejuvenating state of relaxation where our deep wisdom within is empowered, to using metaphors, regressions or progression techniques.
We experience freedom when we deepen our perspectives into a compassionate outlook on life and towards ourselves and others. We all have a story to tell don’t we? And in a way we are all growing and doing our best. Life is not always easy. But using those insights to grow is deeply satisfying. The client and I went on to talk about the place of judgments in our lives. To judge or not to judge? In truth, there are two basic kinds of judgements – the good and the bad kind. For sure, there is room for discernment in our life, for the good type of judgement if you may. But often it seems that the harsh type of judgement predominates. She continued saying, “It doesn’t matter what situation I am in, I can always find something to complain about. The problems always appear to be outside, nagging at me. It makes my life miserable and it feels like you can’t win with that tendency to constantly judge, as I also turn this tendency towards myself.” Sometimes that judgmental state feels like a toxic judge. Any feelings of love or relaxation or peace that you might have been nurturing disappear. Whether
I have seen lives changed after just a few sessions. Why not give hypnosis a try? You will be pleasantly surprised. For hypnosis to work it simply requires an open mind. I simply help my clients to connect with their inner strengths and wisdom. From there anything can happen, in ways that are truly remarkable.
hile speaking with a client the other day she said to me that she finds herself judging harshly the people around her, whether it’s at work or at home. She didn’t like this tendency, but it has been a big part of her mindset for decades. I proceeded to ask her how judging others makes her feel. She thought for a while and replied, quite shocked with her discovery, “Isolated.” She remained quiet, surprised and quite emotional, finding one of the root causes of the loneliness she experienced in her life. This was an enlightening moment for her. Could it be that the cause of one of her problems was right within her? That she was creating it? And yet this is more common then we may think. I hear this often from my clients and have to admit that I’ve been there myself.
Lynne Cardinal is a Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy and is a Stress Management and Meditation Coach. Lynne is also a Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) practitioner. Insurance receipts are available. For more information, Lynne can be reached at 613.721.7888 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit her website: www.kaivalya.ca. Gift certificates are available.
Letting Go Of Needing To Be More, Better Or Different Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Cert. Spiritual Counsellor, Coach and Teacher
ost of us cannot remember a time when we felt content with ourselves and our lives. This may have only happened when we were small babies, before we became increasingly conditioned to be different. A few people I have met can actually remember being a new born baby and the awe and wonder they experienced as they discovered their world, their bodies and the connections between the two. Most of us can only remember back to years four or five we started school or sometimes earlier when another sibling came along usurping our position in the family. It is surprising to me as a counsellor how few people have any positive, happy memories of early childhood. Rather they remember being scolded, punished, and shamed for some seemingly small offense. My point here is we learned very young that being our true self did not get rewarded, but rather brought us disapproval and rejection. From the very first time we were emotionally punished for needing something, for asking for what we wanted innocently and without guile, we learned to shut our true selves down striving to please others for our own emotional comfort and safety. When we were babies we were able to just experience what was happening without judging it, creating fear around it or adding past or future thoughts about it. We could be present in the moment. We had no fear of future unhappiness or fear of dying. We just wereâ€” simple, uncomplicated, unconditioned. As we grew older, we learned to get what we wanted we needed to be more, better, or different. Who we were in all our innocence was not enough. Our actions often ended up in our receiving hurtful or angry reactions from our parents,(our Gods, at that time.) Quickly we learned what would get us the results we wanted, comfort, praise, love, appreciation, security. We lost our innocence and became entirely conditioned to the whims of the outer world to provide us with what we wanted. And this process continues to this very day with us subjugating our true nature to be what we are not. In continuing to try to be better, more and different we deny the voice within that tells us we are love, loved and lovable just the way we are and that we need change nothing---just be real, authentic and attuned to the love at our core. Putting on masks to please the outer world has left us feeling alone and separate from the Source, Infinite Intelligence, God, whatever names resonates for you. When we were babies we knew that connection. It was real and true and natural. There was nothing we had to do, it just was; we connected naturally with our divine birthright of truth, God consciousness.
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available Our job now is to consciously undo the conditioning, to let go of all that keeps us pushing to be more, to be better, to be different. We need to stop living in hope that things will be better, that we will be better in the future and live in the experience of now. Awareness, consciousness calls us to become open to the vastness of our being, to see beyond our small vision of our self of being separate, cut off, and alone from the energy of life. Take the time to be quiet, still your mind, and feel your connection to All That Is. Stop trying to be more; you are already perfect just as you are (God Consciousness). When you line up with your perfection, the flow from Source will be in tune with your desires for a fully abundant life. God is, Life is----Good. Know that as your divine birthright. Sherry Harris is a psychotherapist, spiritual counsellor, coach and teacher. She may be reached at 613-236-8852.
Psychic Doctor Stone & Crystal reading Aura reading Medium & Channelling expert Photo reading
In The Face Of Adversity By Kerry Palframan RN
recently had an extraordinary opportunity in the face of adversity. An opening came out of the blue to rent a condo in Florida for 3 months in the same building as my aging parents (whom I only get to see once a year). Four days after my arrival in Florida, the Board of Directors of the building found out I was not 55 years of age (I’m 52) and gave me 48 hour to vacate the premises (neither I, nor my parents knew of this rule which was introduced in the complex 2 years ago). The condo board did not care if my money was refunded and the lady I rented from had already cashed my cheque and refused to give me a refund. With a nonrefundable plane ticket and the whole trip put on my lineof-credit, I found myself in quite a challenging situation. My first thought when I was told I had 48 hours to vacate the premises was “All is in Divine Order and I am being moved for a reason”. I did not see how this was in Divine Order, yet I trusted it and I had a sense that this was some sort of Divine chess game in which I was being maneuvered into a different position as an opportunity of some sort. With the condo gossip flying and advice being doled out freely, I was given the opportunity to witness the many different facets of emotional reactions of individuals and how they handled themselves. For me, all I could say was “This is out of my control but not out of my choice about how I respond”. This clearly took people aback and many just continued to express their anger and outrage about the event. Yet by maintaining my choice and applying this adage in my life, I did not feel disempowered. I did not choose to get angry and fight back and indeed did quite the opposite. It made me realize there is already enough war and ill-will on the planet and I was not going to choose to contribute to this vibration. I chose to act with integrity, nobility, responsibility, impeccability and grace. I felt quite at peace with these choices and I knew that the money situation would resolve itself and that another opportunity or door would open as a result of what appeared, to everyone else, as some great injustice. Although it is still not clear to me what other opportunities await me due to this situation, I am grateful for this opportunity to expand my own awareness, practice my self-mastery and stay in an empowered state. Whatever the deeper reasons for this occurrence in my life, I can only say it has strengthened my knowledge that the Cosmic Joke is alive and well and working in my life. All is in Divine Order and the new will arise out of what appeared as adversity on my doorstep.
Kerry Palframan RN firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerry Palframan is a registered nurse by profession who now follows her true calling as a gifted visionary, intuitive life guide, healer and spiritual teacher. She offers personal readings as well as teleseminars. Her book, Spirit Talk, is a “must” for understanding messages from your higher self and spirit guides. She has also produced a valuable guided meditation CD, Meeting Your Angels and Spirit Guides. Kerry will be back in Ottawa to teach April 16th to July 2nd. See website for workshop schedule. www.indigowisdom.ca or www.indigodreamer.com
The Stages of Meditation:
The Expedition towards Realization Devinder Kaur
ver the past four and half years PranaShanti Yoga Centre has grown to attract and welcome the world’s experts in Yoga and meditation. It’s an honour to host these exceptional teachers and trainers in Ottawa to uplift our daily lives and transform us at a deep level. I am happy to know Dr. Gurucharan Singh Khalsa and host him in again in Ottawa beginning this March for an exception course called The 21 Stages of Meditation – A Journey to the Self. Gurucharan had the privilege to study for over 35 years with Yogi Bhajan, a master of Kundalini Yoga. During this time Gurucharan’s roles was to elaborate, systematize, and research the techniques and to develop practical programs. He learned about the 21 Stages of Meditation directly from Yogi Bhajan and will be in Ottawa to share this information along with his own experiences from practice and teaching. I asked Gurucharan about his thoughts on offering this particular course we are hosting and he said; “Sharing these techniques and seeing the enthusiasm of participants fills me with excitement and appreciation for the opportunity. My core attitude is to illuminate, elevate and instigate. I believe we are all, each and every one, a miracle that can express beauty, fulfill our destiny and make this world a little better. If these courses help in even the smallest measure I am grateful and deeply content.” The 21 Stages of Meditation course provides an indispensable map for deepening and understanding meditation. Every expedition requires a purpose, the skills, and a map. The map for this expedition consists of three journeys. Each journey consists of seven meditation experiences. Each meditation awakens a part of you and develops a skill that clears your way. The meditations systematically confront the patterns and limitations we all have in our mind and emotions while expanding our sense of presence, stillness, and connectedness. Each meditation is a keystone of the transformation of our capacity to feel and act from our authentic Self. The three journeys are: Crystallize and Experience the Self - In this first journey, you deepen the basic skills of attention, focus, and stillness. When you open the heart center you crystallize your sense of Self. Then you open to all of your feelings--good and bad--without losing your own self and inner compass.
Express and Distill the Self - In this second journey, to express the Self, the meditations expand your capacity to express your Self effectively and authentically in every role and area of your life. It is all about your power to connect, express, create, and have joy. Transcend and Sublimate the Self - In the third journey, you open the intuition fully and connect to your Infinite Self. You refine the skill to become still and grateful and go past your real and imagined limitations. My own experience of Gurucharan teaching over the years is reflected in the consistent comments of students who take his classes; “This course gave me the tools to recognize, capture and experience the enlightenment that meditation can bring to you. It helped me sink deeper into each meditation and kriya. Gurucharan made it flow. He made it seem so easy…because it is once you know what to capture.” Jacqueline Schreibmaier; “I loved the pace of the course and how Gurucharan explained the practice. It was very rich and experiential. Gurucharan is expansive, brilliant, and tuned-in.” Jamie Luber The 21 Stages of Meditation course is for anyone and everyone who wants to deepen the joy of their meditation experience. Meditators, students and teachers of all levels of experience and from all traditions are invited. Devinder Kaur is the Owner and Director of the PranaShanti Yoga Centre. Gurucharan Singh Khalsa, PhD. is an author, consultant, and researcher and director of training for the Kundalini Research Institute. Gurucharan will be leading The 21 Stages of Meditation Course in 3 parts: “Crystallize the Self,” March 2324; “Express the Self,” April 20-21; and “Transcend the Self,” May 4-5, at PranaShanti Yoga Centre in downtown Ottawa. FREE Intro Talk, March 22 at 7:30 PM. For information, call 613.761.9642 (YOGA) or visit www.pranashanti.com
GOALS AND GIFTS by Laurie Fraser
sually I write about using energy to heal physical and emotional symptoms but it is also useful to reach goals. For example, I’m publishing a book and energy work has helped me remove blocks that were slowing me down (anxiety, fears around success, letting go...) Female, 37, unemployed: “I’m ready, willing and able to get the job I want” led (by muscle-testing through lists of options) to façade procedure (Tone, Dec. 2010). In this case, I cracked open the façade of “blocked” and stepped aside for Buddha to tend to her. Afterwards, Buddha presented a black box (which I saw clairvoyantly). I opened it and saw a bracelet of small black obsidian beads. I was instructed to place this on her right wrist and was told that it would continue to clear blocks. The client said she’d been “stuck” for several months with no interviews or real prospects in her field. Since then (a month ago) she’s received 3 short freelance projects. They weren’t well-paid, but they have resulted in networking and increased confidence. She found a picture of her bracelet online and posted it on her desktop. Male, 42: “David” was hoping for spiritual insights, in particular, the identity of his Ascendant Master. His session started with purple-robed St. Germaine clearing the façade of “struggle”. St. Germaine stayed as I was guided to clear blocks in chakras and organs, most interestingly, a black mass from David’s third eye that had been getting in the way of his second sight. David saw colours during the healing, especially purple. Of course, he learned that St. Germaine, Chohan of the violet ray is his Ascendant Master. There was great joy and gratitude from both of them as they connected. Female, in an abusive relationship: She was given a bullet-proof vest by St. Germaine. Female, 27: “Bev”’s grandmother showed up at her healing as a heavy short mass of love at the side of the treatment table. I felt her but didn’t see her. Muscle-testing told me that she had a message for her granddaughter. I was shown a brilliant formal bouquet of red roses and white lilies. It was offered to Bev with extraordinary love. I relayed the message: She was proud of Bev, awestruck by her development into a beautiful woman. I had the feeling that this was a bride’s bouquet. The choice of flowers was meaningful to Bev, who later confided that she and her partner had discussed marriage recently.
Heal the energ� and the body will follow Allergies • addiction • autism • candida • depression • detox • disease • fatigue • fungus/mould • learning disabilities • lymes • infection • infertility • insomnia • menopausal symptoms • pain • past life • skin • spiritual stuff.
Laurie Fraser 721-3781
Certified B.O.S. practitioner Holographic healing Facade healing Comprehensive healing
Female, 56: “Fran” is becoming a healer. We are both students of the Ascendant Master, El Morya. In one session, El Morya “downloaded” light into Fran causing her squirm and stretch on the treatment table. When it was over, I was told this light would increase Fran’s psychic and healing abilities. El Morya then presented her with a golden chalice. She sat up, held it in her hands (no, she couldn’t see it), and drank the contents. (She didn’t taste it, but the 3 times I drank from a chalice it was heavy and thick, like drinking barium.) She was told that this was knowledge and a congratulatory gift for achieving this new level. All of the above sessions also involved procedures that I do all the time: B.O.S., Comprehensive healing, Reconnective healing and others, but more and more gifts and visitors are arriving during sessions. They are real blessings for clients and I’m grateful for these new developments. I give thanks to my teachers and helpers. Laurie Fraser is a teacher, writer and certified BOS practitioner. A session is $65.00. Call 721-3781.
Do You Suffer from Gomphotic Infections? What are Gomphotic infections you ask? Gomphotic infections are gum disease infections. Teeth fit into fibrous socket-joints in the jaw bones called gomphoses and these are the simplest of all fibrous joint systems and mouth bacteria are attracted to the top crevice area or the turtle neck-like collar of gum tissue that surrounds the teeth. If the bacteria are left undisturbed (ie. no careful flossing or well trained brushing) soft tissue inflammation - trouble starts in the gum crevice. Mouth bacteria can cause inflammation or small infections in these little tiny joint systems called gingivitis or bleeding gums. This infection transfers to our bloodstream and causes inflammation or the fire within and this we do not want. This can happen in babies or teenagers or in adults. In fact these simplest of joint infections have scourged mankind since mankind became identifiable as mankind. Looking at 200,000 year old skulls we can see the ravages of gum diseases even then. This not a new problem. Gum disease is an ancient and wiley enemy. BEWARE! Just as our DNA can be traced back to our early human roots, so the ancestors of our current mouth organisms can be traced all the way back to those early microbiota that plagued our earliest of ancestors. Here is how it that happens. Babies are born without mouth bacteria which is good for breast feeding mothers. Babies get their parents mouth bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites mostly by direct or indirect contact. Indirect contact is when someone kisses the baby’s hand and then the baby puts that same hand in to its mouth…or ..Mother tastes the baby food for temperature and then passes the spoonful of food to her baby…so in a sense we inherit most of our mouth bacteria from our family, and it has been that way since time began and will be so forever more. However we can also get mouth infections by direct mouth to mouth contact ..we call it a temporary form of spit -insanity called kissing passionately. These mouth organisms are dangerous to your health because when your gums are bleeding it means these bugs are breeding and entering your bloodstream. This is not good for the river of life. This is also not good for your breath. Most bad breath is caused by mouth infections and some by throat-tonsil and sinus infections and sometimes by systemic infections. Currently there are about 12 systemic areas of research investigating the oral health and total health connection. These are atherosclerosis, strokes, heart disease diabetes, kidney disease, preterm babies, underweight full term babies, Alzheimers, osteoporosis, arthritis, aspiration pneumonia, stomach illnesses and oral cancer and possibly other cancers such as colon
Dr Paul Greenacre DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613 234-5758
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
cancer and possibly some types of breast cancer. (This new breast cancer theory is that oral organisms can enter the ducts of the breast nipples and cause irritations that lead to some types of breast cancer.) Treatment for these gomphotic infections has slowly evolved over the generations of dental history from ayurvedic oil rinses to salt water rinses to chemical rinses to brushing and flossing on to scraping and scaling tartar or calculus to surgical-scalpel resection or surgical gum amputation surgery, to topical and systemic antibiotics and now laser light energy to sterilize the gum pockets and to provide light energy to regenerate some of the lost or damaged bone and gum tissue. To see and hear more google lasergumcentre.com or google “Whoopi talks about gum disease” In summary, there are lots of very unhealthy mouths in the world and there are lots of dangerous gum bugs out there. So be sure you are taking good care to control your gomphotic infections and be careful who you kiss!! We have all heard about laser eye surgery …well, now laser gum surgery is in Ottawa. The dental team at dolphindentistry.com reports that a NEW LASER TREATMENT STOPS AND REVERSES GUM DISEASE! To read about it Google lanap.com to read about an exciting new method developed by Millennium Corporation of California to reverse gum disease without scalpels, pain, sutures, or recession (long teeth). The Periolase laser and the laser assisted new attachment protocol is changing the HISTORICALLY UNPLEASANT experience of gum surgery. In fact the Periolase has created a new paradigm in saving your own teeth and avoiding surgical pain, tooth loss and the expense of implants and crowns or bridges. PAINFUL GUM SURGERY and subsequent implant surgery and expense. Remember researchers now think healthy gums may help promote and maintain a healthy heart! Office 613 234 5758 (insurance covers about 30%). Google lasergumcentre.com and feel free to Email us at email@example.com ask for the office newsletter.
Sri Chinmoy Answers
Question: How can we still feel that we are making real or fast progress in our lives as we age?
RI CHINMOY: If you sincerely want to make faster progress as you age, you have to have a childlike heart. Try to bring back your childhood consciousness. When we were little children, we were most beautiful flowers. Then, over the years, as age descends, we become fruits and then the fruits become rotten. So let us not grow into fruits. Let us only feel that every day we are blossoming, blossoming. Try to make yourself young. The younger you can become, the faster will be your progress. Feel that you are only seven years old. I assure you, this is the most effective way to make the fastest progress. Do not think that you have to be childish. It is not childish but childlike that I would like you to become. God Himself is childlike. When we are childish, we do many stupid things. But to go back to our childhood days is not a stupid thing. If you really want to make progress in your life, this is the only way to think of yourself as young as possible. It is the mind that makes us feel we are too old, that we are useless. This mind has to be silenced by the will of the heart, by the will of the soul. God is always asking us to silence the mind the mind that tells us we are too old, that we are helpless, that we are useless, that we can do nothing. We must tell the mind that says we can do nothing that the mind itself is nothing. We have to surrender to the heart, not to the mind. If you surrender to the heart, you can make progress every day. If you surrender to your mind, your progress will come to a complete halt.
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Physical fitness is also of paramount importance to make the fastest progress. Inside the body is the soul. The soul is not somewhere else. Inside the body-temple is the shrine. If we do not keep the temple in proper condition, the shrine will be totally ruined. So take exercise, lose weight if you have to lose weight. Those who are physically weak, become strong. Keep your body fit if you really want to make progress. Let us strive for physical fitness, not world championships. We shall progress, we shall transcend and transcend, but our goal is physical fitness. While you are doing anything, make the movement faster. Bring back your childlike days when you used to run and play with utmost joy. Age is in the mind, age is not in the body. When we think that we are old, that is the end, the very end, of our journey. Every day, at every moment, we have to only think that we are a seven-year-old or a nine-yearold, but we should not think that we are over thirty. Just imagine! Imagination is a reality of its own. Imagination is a world of its own, but we have to bring down or enter into that world every day. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS LEARN TO:
• Enjoy greater sense of well-being and contentment • Deal with anxiety and stress more skillfully • Concentrate better and think more clearly
Abundant Living by Design
Receive instruction in meditation techniques including attentive breathing, body scanning & yoga
April 16 to June 4, 2013
Tuesday evenings + one full-day Saturday Course Fee - $400 West End - Unitarian Church Contact Peter Black 613.322.7196 firstname.lastname@example.org
to Order s a o Edie Lane Fr o m C h
(613) 565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
Feng Shui Decluttering Organizing and Cleaning Services
LOTUS OF LIFE HEALING CLINIC
In Healing Sound Vibration The SOUND VIBRATION MONTHLY HEALING CLINIC IS NOW OPEN at SUSOSS INTERNATIONAL Gifts from the Himalayas
The meditation on the living guru will practice the healing sound vibration of the OM of the Namah Shivaya truth of the Golden Bowl Meditation on the Har Dev Namo of Mankind as a truth of the being of the Sat Guru Principle and this will be given during a small teaching of the traditional healing voice of man as truth teaching of the written word of the mantra invocation of mankind and it is to be symbolized by the great OM tradition of man as a vehicle of awakening in the truth of the story of the Golden Bowl. The Golden Bowl will be given to you during an awakening session conducted by the mantra of magical qualities of mankind of the master of the guru of the highest potential of mankind of the innate quality of the work of being and this is a Sat Guru Philosophy of the mind. Sound Vibration Healing Clinics will be held on a monthly basis beginning with our Opening Session on March 24th, 2013 by donation only from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. A $10.00 donation paid in advance will save your seat. Half of the donations and proceeds will be given as offerings to the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario. The clinic is managed by Sushil Ram Joshi, the Sacred Sound Principle and owner of SUSOSS INTERNATIONAL with Sacred OM Teacher Sonja Muller, R.N., Sat Guru, Director of Training, White Wind Clinic and Retreat Ottawa and Nina Guerra, Director of the Ancient Healing Ways.
TO RESERVE for MARCH 24th SOUND VIBRATION CLINIC
CALL 613-730-7677 ~ 613-600-9089
SUSOSS International, 135 Bank Street, 2nd Floor 16
Mr. Joshi’s life mantra is ‘treating everyone with loving kindness, with pure intention and good morals without expectations. God is always helping’. The Guru is final.
Learning Meditation In the Yogic tradition
earning meditation and taking it up as a personal discipline can feel daunting for many people. We may sit down and pay attention to what’s going on with our breath, our bodies and our thoughts only to find that our minds have headed off into a trip into the future or the past; anywhere but here in the present. Patanjalii’s Eight Limbs of Yoga are often thought of as high minded principles for us to aspire to. Actually, they describe a very straight forward approach to the spiritual journey and the practice of meditation. Yama (an ethical and compassionate attitude towards other beings) and Niyama (personal observances regarding purity, contentment and spiritual practices) are considered the foundation of the spiritual path. Observing these principles, to the best of one’s ability creates a stable, balanced state of mind and a positive personal environment for the spiritual seeker. Asanas, those postures so many of us are finding we get high on doing, are the next step. From a spiritual perspective, they prepare the mind to experience subtler energies and more refined states of consciousness. Sitting in stillness for meditation also becomes easier with their practice. Pranayama, control of the breath or vital energy, comes in many forms. Most basically, a steady, slow, natural rhythm of breathing allows the mind to move
into a steady, slow and relaxed rhythm. At a subtler level, advanced pranayama techniques create a reservoir of energy in the nervous system while brining the hemispheres of the brain into alignment and balance. Pratyahara, control of the senses, is a fundamental technique of yogic meditation. Through an easily learned technique of visualisation the meditation student can learn to withdraw their attention from the external environment and from the physical body and bring their mind into a state of pure awareness and inner focus. Dharana, means cultivating a flowing and concentrated mind focused on the subtle spiritual realm. At this stage meditation typically has three aspects to it; - Being aware of the gentle deep rhythm of the breath, - Internally repeating a mantra which creates a subtle vibration in the mind (while serving as a point of focus), and - Intuitively visualising the subtle meaning of the mantra in ones awareness. (a concept such as “love” or “I am one with All”) Yes, the mind may wander, but teaching it these simple steps and techniques allows a meditater to move into a profound state of stillness, that state of oneness or union which is Yoga itself. Chris Simmonds (Chris Simmonds teaches “Cosmic mindfulness, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition”. He is an ordained teacher in the Sahaj Yoga tradition of meditation. For more information go to www.ottawameditation.ca)
Tone Magazine & Lila Magazine now in Kingston lilacentre.ca
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. March 2013 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $25 per year. To the U.S. please send $35 US (first class only). Circulation 14,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Administration - Julie Tierney Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Delivery by M&M Diffusion 819-243-0937
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Submissions … • E-mail: email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) • 80 Terence Matthews, Suite #5, Kanata, ON K2M 2B4
The Deadline …
The Deadline for all submissions is up to 15th prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Strengthening Your Intuition
s this a scenario you are familiar with? You get up, take a shower, eat breakfast, get dressed and go off to work, all the time trying to feel positive and hoping for a great day. You hit heavy traffic, horns blaring, brakes screeching, or the bus or train is so crowded you can’t find a seat, or you remember the kids forgot their lunch, and finally you look down and realize you’re now wearing your cup of coffee. You walk into the office thinking you looked okay when you left your house, until one of your co-workers says, “Wow! Are you sick? You look really tired!” This is how many people start their day. Their stress and anxiety levels rise to critical levels and they never get the chance to stop before launching into work. When a person does not stop… breathe and check-in with what is going on for them emotionally and physically -- the rest of the day will often be crazy and hectic, with a sense that they are always trying to catch up. When your body and mind are stressed, it is going to be so much harder to acknowledge and listen to your intuition. In contrast, here’s another scenario that I invite you to try. Every morning even before you get your first coffee or greet any colleagues. Go into your office, close the door, mute the phone, and don’t even look at your computer or email... Perform your own 10-minute psychic check-in. I’d suggest sitting quietly with your feet on the floor – hands in your lap, gently close your eyes and envisage cords from your tail bone and the soles of your feet running deep into the earth’s core. At the same time, envisage bright cords from the crown of your head and your shoulders running way up high to the heavens. Sit quietly with this imagery while breathing deeply and evenly. Intuitive information has a better chance of getting your attention when you begin each day in this way, simply by turning inward and taking a few minutes for yourself and your intuition. So, the motto of this story is simple: Try and start off every day in a prepared, positive frame of mind, and be connected to your inner guidance before the external gets a hold of you. The question is simple: “Will you give yourself the opportunity?”
Intuitive Advisor through spiritual guidance Readings since 1985 To your life’s questions, experience:
Simple insightful clarity Profound awareness Emotional breakthroughs Uplifting spiritual connectedness 819 827-2579 email@example.com (Sessions held in central Ottawa)
INCREASE SUCCESS! By appointment in Ottawa and Burnstown, Telephone & Skype Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT Life Strategy Mentor and Coach Phone: 613.432.1239 Cell: 613.281.0611 Moira@WellnessWithMoira.com www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Are you ready to get unstuck? Call me! The choice is always yours. Following is another exercise that you can try the morning. Whether you do it at home before you go to work, or by going in a little earlier and doing it at the office, it’s up to you. By practising this short exercise, you’ll begin to build a relationship with your inner guidance, one that can be accessed when you need it. Start by closing your eyes and taking a deep breath as you begin to relax. Let your awareness bring you back into your body. Follow your breath into the quiet place within your heart. Breathe a few breaths into this area, as you continue to relax and feel more grounded. Your body and mind begin to grow quieter with each breath. Bring your awareness now into your solar plexus area. Ask your intuition if there’s anything specific it wants to tell you. Breathe in again, and take a moment with it. Take whatever comes. Now guide your awareness up to your crown chakra. Ask if there is a situation that you should know about, or that would be helpful for the coming day. Depending on your psychic strength, you may receive words, symbols or a feeling about what you need or want to know. It does not take long to do this exercise and you may receive something important, or something quite small, or you may receive nothing at all on a certain day. At least you’re honouring yourself and your inner guidance by making a commitment to listen. After a while, you will see how your days seem to flow better with a sense of guidance and enthusiasm. People around you may begin to notice the changes, and they may even ask you how you seem to know what to do in any given situation. Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHT Life Strategy Mentor & Coach 613.432.1239 ~ www.WellnessWithMoira.com Do you think loving, nurturing thoughts about yourself? Probably not! Perhaps, its time to GET RELIEF FROM YOUR INNER CRITIC If you want to start feeling better about yourself and your life - hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for your free “Inner Peace Kit”. Use the power of your mind to get you on track for feeling energized and confident.
Tough Guys Don’t Apologize – Or Do They?
ne of my favourite TV shows is NCIS, starring Mark Harmon as ex-marine Jethro Gibbs, who runs his naval investigation service according to his own idiosyncratic “rules.” Rule #6 is “Never say you’re sorry. It’s a sign of weakness.” I love Gibbs but he is dead wrong on this one. In most cases, apologizing is a sign of personal strength, not weakness. It takes a person of strong character to be able to say, “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” In her book, The Power of Apology, psychotherapist Beverly Engel says it is usually the insecure person who won’t apologize, fearing that this will diminish her, that the other person will then be “one-up” on her. “A more secure person can admit he made a mistake or at least be open to the possibility, since being wrong is not a horrible thing to him and does not affect his self-esteem.” An interesting theory about why it is so often strong people who apologize is offered by Aaron Lazare in his book “On Apology.” Lazare, a psychiatrist and leading authority on shame and humiliation, posits that people are moved to apologize when they feel shame, which he defines as “an emotional reaction to the experience of failing to live up to one’s image of oneself.” I once presided over a mediation where this dynamic seemed to be at play. A husband had engaged in an affair in the early years of his marriage. The affair was shortlived and his wife never knew about it. Many years later, after an affair on the wife’s part had triggered their separation, and the wife was feeling very guilty about this, the man felt compelled to come clean. “I want you to know,” he tearfully told her in mediation, “that this isn’t all your fault. I can’t live with myself if I don’t tell you the truth and apologize to you for what I did way back then. It’s just not who I am to keep this from you.” His wife, while initially shocked, ultimately appreciated his apology and offered an apology of her own. The two became closer as a result and were able to communicate more authentically, and went on to quickly make a fair agreement for themselves and their children. An apology is often not just the right thing to do. It can also be good for business. “Apology is beyond a doubt the single most effective method of resolving business disputes.” Last month I mentioned the case of the woman who had scalded herself with McDonald’s extremely hot coffee. At the beginning all she wanted was $800 to cover her medical bills and an apology from McDonald’s. Because the restaurant chain refused this offer, the woman became so angry that she sued and was ultimately awarded several million dollars. It takes a big person to admit he was wrong. McDonald’s would have saved considerable expense – not to mention the damage to its reputation – had it just been “big enough” to apologize.
Even Jethro Gibbs on NCIS knew this, acknowledging that there are occasional exceptions to his Rule #6. Though Gibbs constantly tells people around him to never apologize, that it is a sign of weakness, he himself has apparently (according to Wikipedia) apologized on five occasions, once to his good friend, Medical Examiner Dr. “Ducky” Mallard. “An apology isn’t a sign of weakness if it’s between friends,” he explained. Apologies don’t diminish us – they uplift us. Next month I will conclude my series on apologies by discussing apologies as part of spiritual growth. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa Law School, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
Emotional Struggles are NOT Mental Illnesses: The Harm of Diagnoses by Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist
he incessant North American pastime of labeling people ‘mentally ill’ for experiencing natural emotions adversely affects a person’s ability to recover their wellness. But this too can be overcome with an understanding of the facts. A diagnosis results in a person coming to believe they are somehow flawed, not ‘normal’ and possibly even, because of their ‘flaws’, deserving of their struggles. There is considerable research showing that a psychiatric diagnosis has adverse effects on a person’s ability to recover from emotional hardship. Understanding that negative emotional feelings are natural and normal is crucial for recovery. Experiencing the thousands of feelings available to us, including sadness, grief, overwhelment, shame and so on, is very ‘normal’ for every human being throughout their lifetime and is often temporary, unless there is unhelpful intervention. We have all heard of the person who sought assistance with unresolved grief over the loss of a loved one, a job or relationship, only to find themselves a few months and years later with the diagnosis of ‘mentally ill’ and on a banquet of prescribed drugs which reduced their lives to states of drug-induced stupor and endless sessions of talktherapy. There is no need for this outcome, ever. Why Traditional Mental Health Patients are Diagnosed The need for diagnoses is four-fold, none of which have anything to do with recovery: • they facilitate the administration of claims to insurance companies; • they allow ‘licensed’ mental health professionals to claim exclusive domain over the treatment of ‘mental illness’ regardless that these professionals have been wholly unsuccessful with their treatments and regardless that the diagnoses are actually adversely affecting their patients. In fact ‘licensing’ has nothing to do with effectiveness or competence in treating individuals and further, psychiatric diagnoses are not supported by science, they are simply ‘voted’ in or out by a handful of psychiatrists; • they facilitate the rampant, unwarranted use of drug-therapy with their proven brain-damaging side effects, instead of other safe, drug-free therapies and approaches, such as hypnotherapy; and • they legitimize falsehoods. Mental illness is not brain disease and there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support that theory. The fact is that the brain of the so-called ‘mentally ill’ is perfectly sound until the patient is treated with psychoactive drugs – thereafter it becomes disabled, often permanently.
What Harm Does Diagnosing Do to a Person Suffering Emotionally? As most of us know intuitively, people typically live up to the labels placed on them by society and authority figures. If a person is told often enough they are stupid, worthless, unacceptable and so on, often they will behave in a way consistent with the beliefs they have absorbed. Similarly and more profoundly, if they are repeatedly told they are ‘mentally ill’ or not ‘normal’, they come to believe this misinformation and often become resigned to that image of themselves. When a person is told the truth instead - that they are perfectly ‘normal’ when experiencing the wholly normal feelings associated with everyday living, they realize the situation is indeed temporary and hope prevails. When provided guidance in how to develop productive reasoning and judgment skills to improve their lives - instead of mind-numbing drugs - most people heal well. There seems to be a grave lack of concern that the diagnosis may very well be entirely incorrect even if it was scientifically legitimate. Thus many people suffer loneliness, grief, sadness and isolation needlessly because they fear having to deal with the life-long stigma associated with the many diagnoses cavalier psychologists and psychiatrists dish out without proper regard for the adverse effects their stigmatizations will cause their patients. Is Diagnosis Necessary for Recovery? Indeed, research and the huge successes of modalities such as hypnotherapy and homeopathy is proving that the best approach to recovery is accepting that ‘normal’ is different for everyone and that all people can self-heal without the enormous burden of having to listen to a self-appointed ‘expert’ label them. Complementary and Alternative (CAM) health care modalities, which now account for over $50 billion annually in out-of-pocket expenditure in North America, are fast becoming the choice of tens of millions of people who want assistance and support through their times of emotional difficulty, as opposed to the disguised moral judgment of mental health practitioners whose theories and drug treatments are repeatedly shown to be less than effective at the best of times and severely damaging at the worst. Qualified hypnotherapists offer many clear advantages, one of which is the opportunity to heal and empower oneself without the burden of diagnoses and judgments and definitely without the side-effect of drug-induced brain disablement. Despite the current stranglehold on the public purse strings by licensed professionals who maintain that hold by attending to the administrative needs of insurers and drug companies first, the fact is that
Think Globally, Act Locally
di Shesha Yoga Zone, in conjunction with Planet Botanix, will be throwing a Grand Bazaar on Saturday, April 6 at their Wellington West studio. The event is in honour of Dhan Bahadur Boharo, a 17 yearold Nepalese boy who requires a kidney transplant. Dhan is suffering from End-Stage Renal Disease and the end is imminent. Currently receiving hemodialysis, Dhan has found a donor—his mother—however his family does not have the means to pay for the transplant. The family reached out to Nepal Orphan’s Home, an orphanage located in Nepal’s Kathmandu Valley, in the hopes that they could provide some assistance. The orphanage, currently struggling to meet the demands of this poverty-stricken community, was put in contact with the Ottawa yoga studio, who has pledged to raise the $6,000 required for the transplant and post-operation costs. Adi Shesha Yoga Zone owner and director, Basia Going, will be travelling to Nepal in June and her hope is that she’ll be visiting Dhan and his new kidney. The Grand Bazaar, running from 10am until 4pm, will feature items donated by local artisans, shops and restaurants. Everything from baked goods and restaurant gift certificates, to furniture and artwork will be available for purchase. All proceeds will go towards the cost of the surgery. For those that are interested in donating goods or services, making a cash donation, or volunteering at the event, contact the Adi Shesha team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information about this fundraising effort and Nepal Orphan’s Home, visit adishesha.com/events. Adi Shesha Grand Bazaar Saturday, April 6 ~ 10am to 4pm 1338 Wellington Street West
ALL ARE WELCOME WITHOUT EXCEPTION Anglican Church of Canada
Within Our F R I DAY M A R C H 8 AT 7 P M
millions of people seek out a healthier, effective, drugfree alternative that leaves them empowered and well and they are willing to pay for the privilege of being regarded, not as ‘mentally ill’ for experiencing perfectly normal everyday reactions, but as people who simply need an opportunity to resolve their own issues with non-judgmental guidance. My hypnotherapy treatment includes assisting clients, not only to heal from their original underlying emotional issues safely, but to ensure they understand the medical machinery they may be trapped in and how to get free of pharmaceutical drugs safely. Grace Joubarne, CCHt: main office, Ottawa; p/t office Belleville ON. 613-422-7027, toll-free 1-888390-3553 email@example.com www. graceplacewellness.com
A Lenten Night of Prayer and Meditation in the Spirit of Taizé Open Rehearsal with bread and soup 5:30 pm
W W W. S T L U K E S O T T A W A . C A
760 Somerset West, Ottawa, ON 613-235-3416
L’ Essence-Ciel Books
ring the Angels into your life
Music Tarot Crystals Stones Jewelry Talismans Incense
Come live the experience at L’Essence-Ciel where everything serves to restore harmony.
Always with the angels, Monique Briand transmits angelic teachings through workshops, conferences and private readings.
Connecting with your angels.Teachings on how to perceive and interact with them in a natural way to live more joy, peace and love on a daily basis.A wonderful and lasting experience.
Demystifies this esoteric medium and introduces you to its different uses and methods.Facilitates the understanding of oneself and others and brings concrete help to decision making.All you need to know to get you started with this excellent tool.
– $ 100
– $ 50
Brings awareness to the energies which surrond and affect us. Encourages the conscious choice of using Universal life force; a practice which transforms our lives in a healing way. Makes us responsable and capable of creating a better world. Initiations and teaching Level I,II and Master teacher. Information and schedule at 568-2643.
Herbs Magic Feng Shui
Information at L’Essence-Ciel:568-2643
Private Readings –
For those who are searching and ready to connect with their TrueSelf.Individualized teachings and answers to personal questions.Guidance concerning your path. By appointment at 568-2643.
Les essences vibratoires sont disponibles à L’Essence-Ciel
The Angels are present at 867, RUE JACQUES-CARTIER, GATINEAU (819) 568-ANGE (2643) OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
OWNER ANGELIC PSYCHIC • MEDIUM
The C a n a d a R e tre a t
Ian Prattis at Brock University, St Catharines, with Thich Nhat Hanh, Sunday August 11 – Friday August 16, 2013 THICH NHAT HANH hich Nhat Hanh is a world-renowned Zen master and peace activist, and has a unique ability to transmit mindfulness to westerners. He grew up in Vietnam, but was exiled in 1966 for calling on the world to end the war. Since then he has focused on bringing mindfulness to the West. Thich Nhat Hanh is one of the most respected mindfulness teachers in the world. He coined the phrase “engaged Buddhism” to describe his life of helping others and working for peace in the world. His efforts moved Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1967. Now 86 years old, he lives in Plum Village, a monastery and retreat centre in France. Thich Nhat Hanh, known to his students as “Thay”, meaning teacher, defies his age, as he continues to write and teach with clarity, wisdom and humour. He exudes peace and serenity and is a true reflection of his mindfulness teachings, which have inspired hundreds of thousands around the world. He is a much loved and very effective Buddhist teacher in the west. His message is simple. Bringing peace into our own lives brings peace into our families, our communities and the world. Thich Nhat Hanh’s gift of living dharma to the modern world is the practice of mindfulness in everyday life, which elicits compassion without limit. In keeping with the Buddha’s original teachings, Thay wanted to extend the practice of mindfulness from the monastery into society. He wanted monks and nuns to confront social problems and contribute to the relief of suffering and to the betterment of human life. Thus the separation between contemplation and social action diminishes. Thay is, however, very clear about the relationship between social activism and mindfulness. Activism alone does not have the inner resources to bring about effective social transformation. Personal transformation through mindfulness practice is the ground out of which activism emerges. For Thay, mindfulness practice precedes activism and in this way the relationship between contemplation and social action is a powerful manifestation of mindfulness in everyday life. Mindfulness develops compassion but one must first look deeply into the suffering of oneself and of others to understand the causes and conditions. Looking deeply at the situation we will see clearly what we can do to help and what we must refrain from. This evolved into the form of Engaged Buddhism taught by
PINE GATE SANGHA
Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com • 613 726 0881 www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm Thich Nhat Hanh whereby he actualizes the original teachings of the Buddha to be pertinent to 21st century realities of suffering. And so Buddhism is vivified, alive and vibrant in the new millennium. THE RETREAT The retreat will be 5 days, from Sunday, August 11 to Friday, August 16, 2013, and will take place at Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario, located between Niagara Falls and Hamilton, and sitting atop the Niagara Escarpment in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. The retreat is focused on educators, a unique opportunity for educators to practice mindfulness together and learn ways to bring mindfulness into the classroom. It will include international guest speakers from the field of mindfulness and education. At least half the spots will be reserved specifically for those in the field of education, including school, university and college teachers, administrators, guidance counselors and social workers, as well as teachers of mindfulness, yoga and related fields. http://www.tnhtour.org/ canada/august-11-16/ Registration is expected to open between mid-January and early February. Half the spaces will be reserved for educators, so the noneducator slots will fill up fast. Retreat capacity is about 1,200 THE TALK August 17th Public Talk by Thay in Toronto at: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts 1 Front Street East Toronto, ON, M5E 1B2 Ian is the Zen teacher at Pine Gate Sangha in Ottawa since 1997, and has given talks and retreats all over the world. He now stays local with Friends for Peace Canada www.friendsforpeace.ca to help turn the tide just a little in his home city so that good things begin to happen spontaneously.
Experience the Power of Divine Healing Hands
with Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha World-Renowned Soul Healer, Soul Leader, Divine Channel
and Master Lynda Chaplin
Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative of Master Zhi Gang Sha
Master Lynda Chaplin
Divine Healing Hands New York Times Bestseller! Dr. Sha is an important teacher and a wonderful healer with a valuable message about the power of the soul to influence and transform all life. – Dr. Masaru Emoto, The Hidden Messages in Water
Divine Healing Hands are helping people around the world experience relief from chronic pain, boost energy and stamina, increase mobility and agility, and even improve chronic conditions. VisitYouTube.com/ZhiGangSha to see hundreds of personal soul healing miracles. You can receive Divine Healing Hands blessings at these events or through the new Divine Healing Hands book. New participants will receive a free copy of this healing treasure, pre-programmed by Master Sha to offer 20 Divine Healing Hands blessings to each recipient.
Soul Healing Evening with Divine Healing Hands Blessings
Friday, March 8 • 7:00–9:00 pm • Love Offering PranaShanti Yoga Centre, 52 Armstrong Street, Ottawa ON K1Y 2V7 Thursday, March 21 • 7:00–9:30 pm • Love Offering Chimo Hotel, 1199 Joseph Cyr Street, Ottawa ON K1J 7T4
You Have the Power to Heal Yourself
Saturday, March 9 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm • $60 PranaShanti Yoga Centre, 52 Armstrong Street, Ottawa ON K1Y 2V7
Soul Healing for Mind Blockages
Sunday, March 10 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm • $60 PranaShanti Yoga Centre, 52 Armstrong Street, Ottawa ON K1Y 2V7
Divine Healing Hands Certification Program with Master Lynda and Master Sha Friday-Sunday, March 22–24 • 10:00 am–9:00 pm • $625 Chimo Hotel, 1199 Joseph Cyr Street, Ottawa ON K1J 7T4
More than an invitation ... a sacred calling! Information: Master Lynda • 416 255 8823 • 647 654 7711 www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Institute of Soul Healing & Enlightenment™ 888.3396815 • DrSha.com • Facebook.com/DrAndMasterSha DivineHealingHands.com
Serve Humanity with Divine Healing Hands
he beginning of the twenty-first century is the transition period into a new era for humanity, Mother Earth, and all universes. Natural disasters, political, religious, and ethnic wars, economic challenges, pollution, vanishing plant and animal species, and other such upheavals are part of this transition. In addition, millions of people are suffering from depression, anxiety, fear, anger, and worry. They suffer from pain, chronic conditions, and life-threatening illnesses. Humanity needs help. The consciousness of humanity needs to be transformed. The suffering of humanity needs to be removed. In this historic time, known as the Soul Light Era, the Divine is giving one of the highest healing treasures to humanity by offering permanent Divine Healing Hands to chosen ones. Those who receive Divine Healing Hands have one of the greatest honours as a human being to serve. In one sentence, Divine Healing Hands has been released at this historic time to save humanity and Mother Earth, and to transform all life. To understand the incredible power of Divine Healing Hands, you just need to experience it! As a transmission of God’s hands, Divine Healing Hands carry divine frequency and vibration to transform your frequency and vibration from head-to-toe, skin-to-bone. Divine Healing Hands carry divine frequency and vibration with divine love, forgiveness, compassion and light that can remove all kinds of soul, mind, and body blockages in every aspect of life. Divine Love melts all blockages. Divine Forgiveness brings inner joy and inner peace. Divine Compassion boosts energy, stamina, vitality, and immunity. Divine Light heals, prevents sickness, purifies and rejuvenates soul, heart, mind, and body, and transforms health, relationships, finances, intelligence, and every aspect of life. Empowering humanity to self-heal through soul healing is the mission of Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha – world-renowned Soul Healer, Soul Leader, Divine Channel and New York Times bestselling author. Master Sha and his Worldwide Representatives are the only divine servants who can transmit Divine Healing Hands power. This unique and extraordinary program empowers you to offer Divine Healing Hands Soul Healing blessings to transform physical conditions, emotional imbalances, relationships, pets, finances, and more. You may invoke Divine Healing Hands to self-heal and to help others, either individually or as a group, in person or remotely. Master Sha’s designated Worldwide Representative and Divine Channel serving Ottawa and its communities is Master Lynda Chaplin. She has studied intensely with
SOUND & LIGHT The Teachings of the Mystics
Teacher of Sound. The Sat-guru. Who are they? In the teachings of the Light, we are given a Master who leads us toward the Truth which comes forward in the time we know them. This is how all who are searching for the Light come to understand the basic teachings of the Universe of Spirit. Now in the True Teachings the impetus is toward attainment of Oneness in the Truth which is also called Nirvana or The Realized State.
This state of awareness comes to the sat-guru. This man or woman who is liberated. This is known as the priori della moss of the Christian world or the sancti mondi. Realization is the renunciation of all material worlds. This is how Sound and Light teachings differ. The satguru renounces the physical world by acknowledging Oneness.
This is fundamental. The sat-guru is a product of The Realization state. This is called “Diadora Renuncio”, or “the resting of the soul”. The Light Within All Men is the Work of the Soul
i) The light within, which is our first understanding, is the work of soul which provides men the first glimpse into that which they seek, “The spirit of God”, and is the
first reality which comes forward vi) Knowing each path is distinct, each offers a test to its person. in their pursuit of Truth. The Test is the measure of Faith of ii) The Light within is our gift from Love which comes to man in the the Creator which is the soul of reality. man which is our present pursuit in whom we live and love. As such the Soul is the parent of man and is the Teacher. Each man thus knowing his work by virtue of having been instructed by a Teacher, he comes to know the weaknesses and strengths within himself.
iii) the Light is our everpresent Reality which comes forward by the act of Love in whom we serve. Light, then, is only the Light, and is not the Unreal or Unlight of dark which is the unreality of Love.
iv) The Light comes to all men at a point when they are ready to receive the Teacher and the Knowledge. No man may openly say that he is the Light, unless he is The Christ, in whom Light was first born as man. This means that no man may usurp God’s gift by acceptance of the Light. The Light is freely given by the Lord, Creator of the Universe.
Part 2 next issue
Sonja Aileen Muller, Pasha Dharma, Jong Wah.
The teachings of the mystics of Sound and light are written by Sonja Muller, R.N, Medicine Way, Sat Guru teacher and she is a local healer and yoga therapist in private practice in self healing and mind body processes. This process is self realization process. The process is taught to you through Tone programs. I am a teacher who is allowed to represent the local community of healers and teachers and to ask you to know that the information is given freely and we are giving our time to practice this through devotion. The devotion is a practice we believe in.
Our practice is a gift. We honour the elders and we teach our path is exclusive to those who honor Mother Earth. I am also taught how to portray the elders and what to teach in our circles. I am the circle teaching of the sun, wind, moon, stars. I am the rain and teaching of the elements. I will also abide by Northern v) The Light comes forward in men Lights truth. I am also allowed to win a heart and teach it. I am the right way. I by the following means: am healed. The The path to perfection path is open. The Path to wholeness You are free to The Path of the Rose choose. Do not The Lotus of Life despair. Seek The message of Christ no one. There is The Buddha light. Let it in.
Master Sha for over eight years to open her spiritual channels and purify her soul, heart, mind, and body. Master Lynda has been authorized to provide many soul healing services, including Divine Sickness Karma Cleansing and Divine Soul Mind Body Transplants, as well as soul readings for spiritual guidance in every aspect of your life. Master Lynda is a devoted mother and grandmother, and now retired professional, who understands through her own personal experience and commitment that life’s challenges can be explained and transformed. Soul Power allows everyone to remove blockages in their lives and open up to their soul’s journey.
“People everywhere are searching for well-being; we seek meaning, purpose, fulfillment, health, love, joy and happiness,” states Master Lynda. “Behind all of these human desires is the soul. My heartfelt love and devotion to this work, and my desire to serve the worldwide efforts of Master Sha, can assist you on your own healing and spiritual journey.” To learn more about the power of soul and to experience Divine Healing Hands blessings, join Master Lynda for a Soul Healing evening or workshop in your area. Call 416 255 8823, email LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa@gmail.com, or visit www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html.
What if you could have a great CONSCIOUSNESS relationship with your body ACCESS Empowering People To Know That They Know and create the life you love? Body Process Class
ur bodies are unique and amazing beings that have their own wisdom. Many of us have forgotten how to communicate with our body. We have bought many points of view about what our body’s should look like and how they should function. We try to fit in to other people’s ideas of how our body should be showing up. Many of us have misidentified what pain and dis-ease are and often make our body’s wrong when this occurs. When we start to re-connect with our body we can have a conversation that is so much more dynamic than we can ever imagine
Here are 10 tips to help you create a communion with your body: 1. Many of you have heard that your point of view creates your reality. When you make your Body wrong for anything, what are you signalling to your body? Are you creating more ease and peace? Or are you creating more of that which will create pain, suffering and dis-ease in your body? Be aware of the points of view that are in your mind and that come out of your mouth. 2. Stop judging your body! Do you like being judged? No, so why do you judge your body? Your body talks to you in many ways, sometimes that can be with intensity. Instead of making this Intensity a wrongness, what if you asked your body “What are you telling me that I am not getting?” 3. One of the five elements of healing is gratitude. Would you be willing to be grateful for your Body . Every day you can ask the universe to show you something beautiful about your body. 4. Include your body in everything that involves your body. This develops another element of healing, that of trust. You can always trust your body Ask your body what it requires with regard to , movement, clothes to wear, yes even whom it would like to receive sex from. 5. Nurture your body It only takes ten minutes a day to nurture your body, but remember to ask it what it would like! 6. Start to cultivate an interesting point of view. Never take a polarized point of view about your body about disease, or what is right for your body or what is wrong for it. When there is no charge about any point of view you can start to perceive a different reality with your body. 7. Allow your body to show up Sexually. Sexualness is the energy that your body finds generative. It is strutting your stuff, feeling good, enjoying and nurturing your body. It is an expansive energy that allows your body to have more peace and ease.
March 8 & 18, 2013, 6-9:30pm
Elimination & Eradication of Auto Responder Systems of Sex & Relationship
Energetic Face Lift Class Saturday, March 9th, 2013
The Access facial is a wonderful way to rejuvenate the face and reverse the appearance of aging; the technique can create similar effects throughout the body. Learn the Access Energetic Face Lift™ with a friend or two so you can gift and receive the benefits if this dynamic process on a weekly basis.
Body Process Evenings
March 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2013
A new process every Wednesday morning.
Access Foundation & Level 1 Class March 21 - 24, 2013
For more info on Access Consciousness Classes, Body Process Evenings, Bars Classes, Access Core Classes, Energetic Face Lifts or Private Sessions please contact Carol Sheehan 613 617-4747, firstname.lastname@example.org www.AccessConsciousness.com
8. Include your body in the way it moves. Have you ever seen people that are stiff or hunched over in their movement? Do these people have any fixed points of view? Our bodies are locked up with our point of view and our judgment. When you start to move your body in a joyous way it is much harder for disease and stiffness to take hold. 9. Don’t make disease, pain or suffering serious. Every time you make something significant, it creates a limitation..Ask a question like; ‘What do you require body to change this with ease?’ 10. Choice. This is a free -will universe, you always have choice. Until you make the choice to be or do something different then you will not be able to make choices that will give you a different possibility. Choice is a powerful tool that will open doorways to more awareness. If you keep choosing from a limited menu then you can only receive that which you have already decided. When you choose to be or do something different you invite possibilities that are beyond your mind. Would you like to make changes with your body and your life with ease? For Information on Access Consciousness Tools, Bars Classes, Access Core Classes, Private Sessions, Body Process Evenings & a 3 Day Body Class please contact: Carol Sheehan, Certified Facilitator, 613, 617-4747, 613 249-8418, email@example.com
Sleep EaZzzzy...and rejuvenate your Spirit!
wonder how many of us wake in the morning feeling refreshed and full of vim and vigour? I’d hazard a guess that it’s not the majority of us, unfortunately. As we all know, sleep is crucial for our minds and bodies to recharge, repair and rejuvenate…so that we can function optimally. What we’re not made so aware of though, is the fact that sleep deprivation is not good for our soul either! Our soul goes on travels during sleep and that’s how it experiences Oneness. Sleep time is the precious time that we use to connect to our Higher Selves and work through our issues, creating solutions to employ in the physical world. As Wendell Berry once wrote: “Great work is done while we’re asleep”. Kerry Palframan, highly gifted intuitive, whom you’ll likely know from her regular articles on these pages, has written a book entitled “Healing Into Wholeness Through Dreams”. It is our soul’s experiences during dreamtime, in which messages are given to us in symbolic form, that help us to heal our deep issues and also help to guide us to live our lives as we intended. So we can understand that without adequate sleep, we are depriving ourselves of much needed guidance, understanding and healing. We, as humans, need to recharge our batteries on a spiritual level. It is an innate need, which, when it becomes overwhelming, causes us to fall asleep. So in essence, the spiritual need manifests as a physical need.
As humans in our physical form, we must return to a higher consciousness, or plane of existence, in order to refresh our spirits. In this way, we have a good chance of emerging with positive feelings towards life. We gain a lightness of spirit and a positive outlook on an emotional level. The good news, especially for those of you whose issues with poor sleep focus on problems in getting to sleep or suffering with a snoring partner, is that help is at hand! A company called ‘Acoustic Sheep’ has brought out SleepPhones, which are essentially a pair of soft speakers built into a supersoft, fleecy headband. You can plug them into any music device to listen to your favourite relaxing music/ meditation or self-improvement CD/natural sounds machine, etc as you fall asleep. This fantastic design means that you can sleep in any position comfortably while listening through your SleepPhones. They are hugely popular and Dr. Oz has already recommended them at least 3 times! If you’d really like to boost your ability to get to sleep quickly at night, then we can highly recommend the series of CDs by Brain Sync. Brain Sync audio programs deliver pure and precisely tuned sound frequencies to the brain to drive brain activity into high level states of mind… for example, delta for deep sleep and healing. Their products are totally awesome…once you try them you’ll wonder how you lived without them! We have both SleepPhones and Brain Sync CDs available at our store, Green Spirit, in Manotick, and also in our online store at www.green-spirit.ca. Wishing you all peaceful slumbers
A Healthy Active Living Community • • •
Condos located, designed & built for health Prolific and diverse natural environment 1.2km of trails, 4 ponds, community gardens, common room, fitness rooms, and more.
To learn more, please visit us at www.abeilla.com March 2013
Parenting With Wisdom
Using Gibberish to Make a Shift CONCEPT: Einstein said that you could not solve a problem from the same state in which the problem occurs. Often, people get caught-up in the content (trying to determine who is right and who is wrong, who said what, and who started the argument.) Instead, it is useful to simply shift the energy around the conflict and then the problem tends to dissolve or become clear.
Lying Hurts Your Health By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
study presented at the American Psychological Association’s 120th Annual Convention stated that telling the truth can significantly improve a person’s mental and physical health. The study, called the “Science of Honesty” study, was conducted over 10 weeks.
OBJECTIVE: You and/or your child will be able to let go of the content of a conflict to make a shift.
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS
ACTIVITY: Ask yourself and/or your child if you are willing to let go of the story.
Express for one minute using sound but no words while moving and breathing. This is sometimes called using “gibberish.” You and/or your child can use your voices and gestures to convey the essence of the conflict. This activity may invite smiles and laughter.
Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION
613-594-9248 www.marleneandbob.com Ask yourself and/or your child how you/he/she is feeling in your/their body after expressing. For example, “I noticed my voice drop, a deeper breath, and “Recent evidence indicates that Americans average a spaciousness in my chest. Or, “I feel lighter and I am about 11 lies per week. We wanted to find out if living smiling.” more honestly can actually cause better health,” said If your sense of aliveness has not increased or a shift is lead author Anita E. Kelly, PhD. “We found that the not substantial, go back to the beginning of the activity participants could purposefully and dramatically and repeat. reduce their everyday lies, and that in turn was CONCEPT SUMMARY: Dropping the content and associated with significantly improved health.” moving the energy of the conflict can lead to increased “For example, when participants in the no-lie group aliveness and creative problem solving. told three fewer white lies than they did in other weeks, they experienced on average about four fewer mentalRabia Wilcox is a Certified Conscious health complaints, such as feeling tense or melancholy, Living Coach with the Hendricks Institute and about three fewer physical complaints, such as www.hendricks.com. She specializes sore throats and headaches. The pattern was similar for in Parents, children and Youth. 613- major lies.” Some study “participants said they realized they could 234-7561. For upcoming events and simply tell the truth about their daily accomplishments workshops or to order the Conscious Kids’ rather than exaggerate, while others said they stopped Curriculum as an e-book for $27.95 (US) making false excuses for being late or failing to complete please visit: www.rabiawilcox.com tasks” Kelly said.
Indian Head Massage Certification April 13 & 14 ~ 10-4 ~ Planet Botanix
You will learn how to massage the client on a chair, plus complete the Indian Head Massage with a full back massage on a table. Case studies need to be completed prior to taking the practical and theory exams. Most students take about 3 months to complete this 100 hour course. Fee is $495 plus $75 exam fee. Full details are available on the calendar at www.JackieCave.com. Call Jackie at 613-484-5313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As the study went on the nolie group improved. “Compared to the control group, participants in the more truthful group told significantly fewer lies across the 10-week study, and by the fifth week, they saw themselves as more honest.” Kelly also noted the connection between good relationships and better health. She said the researchers’ findings “support the notion that lying less can cause better health through improving relationships.” Our teachers, Drs. Gay and Kathlyn Hendricks, have been advocating emotional transparency and speaking authentically for over 30 years. They consider honesty as both an aid to getting a good night’s sleep as well as an aphrodisiac. Withholding is a major form of lying, in the form of exaggerating or minimizing, or just not telling. People often think that they are saving their loved ones stress by withholding things that will upset them. They are trying to manage their partner’s feelings, and, of course, make it easier on themselves (so they won’t have to deal with the impact of their partner’s feelings). However, withholding creates distance. Partners notice this energetically. They may not know what it is that is being withheld, but they sense that something is going on, and then they make up stories (often more extreme than the truth). We, ourselves, advocate expressing and revealing to our clients, especially those who have lost a sense of aliveness and/or desire for each other. Revealing can bring closeness especially when a conscious container is created. The container could be something like, “I have something I want to talk about, is this a good time?” or “I have something I want to say, and I’m afraid of your reaction, would you be willing to just listen?” If both people have committed to generous listening, expressing and revealing can bring greater connection. Now, don’t get us wrong, stopping lying doesn’t mean you can go around spewing blame and critical thoughts at each other. And putting “I feel…” in front of a blame statement doesn’t make it more honest. Saying “you’re a slob” or even “I feel like you’re a slob” is not an example of speaking authentically. We have a poster on our office wall that says, “Don’t believe everything you think.” Stopping lying needs to go hand-in-hand with learning how to communicate the unarguable truth (for more about this concept see the articles on our website on honesty, emotional literacy, generous listening and revealing). We challenge you to notice your own lies, and to do your own experiment. Rate your emotional and physical health, as well as the health of your relationship with the important people in your life and then try a no-lie week. Notice the results. If you have something that you are afraid to reveal, get a reputable therapist or coach or trusted friend to hold space while you do it. Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice body-centered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn life-changing skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. For more information call 613-594-9248 or see www.marleneandbob.com
A Local Band of Brothers
We’re in the process of building a stronger local culture of men,. We invite you to join us. rothers sometimes need a hand up. Whether it’s young men in trouble with the world or themselves, middle-aged guys who did all the right things and wonder if that’s all, old men who want to give back (or who’d like a richer life now please). We’re all moving forward to next steps. The local community of men is a place to move forward. Our growth and our lives don’t happen in a vacuum or in isolation. And it’s men, as well as women, who show us who we are. Two local guys (Andrew MacDonald and Reese Adeney) have started a site at www.eastern-ontario-men. ca th;at’s about providing help and encouragement for a stronger local men’s culture: where boys get welcomed into adulthood, men find the support they need meeting the male challenges, and older men can become elders if they wish. All men are already part of a vibrant community, though we sometimes don’t see it - or even notice the many ways we are: different colours of skin, bald and hairy guys, multilingual, young, bouncy ones and decrepit foul creatures, perverts and princes, accomplished or not, ones who die for love and ones who’d like to, dreamers and the lost, the straight and the gay. All of us. We’re also actively planning for a rich synergy with the local women’s community. It’s our differences that make our love and connection even stronger. A local male culture will be stronger with your showing up in it. We hope lots of men’ll join us.
Andrew MacDonald for www. Eastern-Ontario-Men.ca
How Powerful Hypnosis is for Pain Control
ypnosis basically refers to a set of useful distractions that are usually employed to distract one’s brain from pain. Pain will always be part and parcel of the human race especially with things like headaches back pain and dental procedures being a normal phenomenon. Hypnosis is able to acquire its success of averting pain by tuning the brain away from the pain receptors and bringing distracting thoughts that are able to set it into relaxation mode. This type of medication has found its way in the control of pain in advanced levels of certain types of cancer thus reducing the over reliance on pain killers. Hypnosis has also found its way in chemotherapy thus reducing nausea and vomiting that may be involved with the usage of certain types of drugs. Hypnosis is mainly useful in reducing the sensitivity of pain in a process known as hypno-analgesia by mainly turning down the brain response to pain. Surgical operations is another field in which hypnosis has been effectively utilized with exemplary results, with this kind of treatment a patient brain is set on a drive mode to fully distract from the pain receptors emerging from the various parts of the body. Speedy recovery is usually guaranteed while chances of nausea are extremely reduced. This kind of treatment does not come with any sort of side effects thus acting as an effective and efficient medical treatment procedure. With the usage of drugs, costs are usually guaranteed to be on
high while increasing the chances of overdependence whereas hypnosis is highly cheap and efficient. There are different sets of hypnosis techniques that one can employ depending on the level of pain that one is facing. When faced with short term pain effects it is usually effective to engage in hypnotic techniques that are mainly geared at reducing the levels of anxiety. When faced with long-term pain a hypnotist would always advice one to confront the pain directly with the use of techniques that mainly address the physical and psychological effects of pain. Giving birth always guarantee lots of pain thus the reason why many pregnant women are usually hypnotized before giving birth. Hypnosis in this case is usually able to reduce the pain by redirecting the pain indicators that usually brings the discomfort that one feels. It is also no surprise that this form of pain reliever has found its way in the averting of old age pain that comes with illnesses like arthritis knee and back problems. Relieving of Phantom limp pain is another application that hypnosis has been able to gather lots of success by being able to avert the amount of pain that comes with these sorts of injuries. This is usually achieved by making patients imagine themselves in environments with beautiful scenery that is sure to guarantee the perfect relaxation of the brain Pain receptors are highly rapid but with the constant application of various hypnosis techniques pain reduction is always guaranteed leading a stress free life.
“I Can Make You Stop Smoking in One Hour” If you’re having trouble kicking the Evil Habit Dr. Luke Michael Howard can transform even the most ardent smoker into a healthy non-smoker IN JUST ONE HOUR.
Dr. Luke Michael Howard, PhD
Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis Complete Mind Therapy organization, is a Smoking Cessation Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 16 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person
certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed smokers into empowered Non-Smokers in just one hour. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 95% success rate. This is incredible when you think that patches are only about 16% successful. We are so confident in the success of this treatment that we offer a free backup session for the remaining 5%. In fact, if after the session any one should need an extra session, it’s theirs, FREE OF CHARGE.” Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic
Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Stop Smoking Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from stopping smoking with hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of stopping smoking is available locally. The bad news there usually is a two or three week waiting list for an appointment – but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for.
“I walked out a nonsmoker!” Caroline had been a smoker for the majority of her lifenearly 30 YEARS! She had tried every type of stop-smoking aid possible, tried using ‘will power’ to quit cold turkey but to no avail-that is until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promise I will totally do a video testimonial for you in the future though, as the hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I not smoked...I have not even WANTED to!!! It really is amazing” Check out more testimonial videos on: www.lukenosis.com and you can contact Dr. Luke at LUKEnosis to arrange an appointment at 613-8785874.
Kidneys in Chinese Medicine By Steve Ryu, L.Ac.
idneys in Chinese Medicine are considered to be one of the most important organs in your body. They are the organ system of growth, maturation, sexuality, fertility, and aging. Like a seed which holds the potential of an entire plant, your Kidneys hold the genetic blueprint of who you are and how healthy and strong you will be. Kidneys are the source of Yin and Yang in your body. When the fire of Yang is burning low or Yin is not nourishing your body, your Kidney must always be addressed. Kidney also houses a substance called Essence, which is similar to DNA. The Kidney is considered the most deep-seated of all internal organs, and for good reason. It’s the root of all substances in the body and is responsible for providing the tools we require to fulfill our deepest needs: survival and reproduction. Kidney acts a bit like the Energizer Bunny as the home of deep reserves, but as such it’s also the organ that is most damaged by stress. Kidney is physically located in the lower back, so when it becomes weak one of the most common symptoms is low back pain. Also, sore or weak knees or ankles can be associated with a Kidney weakness. Bones and marrow are governed by Kidney. Weak bones and bone diseases such as osteoporosis are related to weak Kidneys. The function of Kidney is also connected to ears and sense of hearing. When there is an imbalance or weakness in Kidney system, a common symptom is tinnitus, or ringing in ears. If you’re losing your hair or it’s going gray prematurely, you can also blame your Kidney, as it governs the hair on your head. Kidney Essence determine how well you will age. Gray hair, weak bones, loss of hearing, loss of skin elasticity, tooth problems, and many other signs of aging are related to the Kidney. If you are interested in aging as well as possible, Kidney is the most important organ system to safeguard. The element in nature associated with the Kidney is water, which is appropriate and symbolic in that water is the source of all life. The organ paired with the Kidney is the Urinary Bladder, and together both organs govern water metabolism in the body. If you think of Kidney Yang as a pilot light that warms the body and its fluids, then Kidney Yin is a
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, L.Ac., Herbalist Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), MPA, Licensed Acupuncturist (NY); NCCAOM Diplomat in Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available
Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
bit like coolant, which nourishes the body and keeps the heat of Yang in check. Sexuality and creativity are emotional components of the Kidney system. As the organ that governs survival through reproduction, the Kidney system is responsible for libido and sexual attraction. The Kidney is also the source of artistic creation. In addition, the emotions associated with this deepest organ are fear and fright. Fear has the ability to shake you to your core, and chronic fright translates into something very much like unrelenting stress, which is extremely damaging to the Kidney. In Western medicine, your adrenal glands pump out adrenaline (stress hormones) and are located right next to your Kidneys. Signs and symptoms that your Kidney is depleted include a sore or weak low back, knees, or ankles; bone or tooth problems; dark circles under your eyes; hearing problems; and premature graying or thinning of your hair. Thyroid problems or extreme reactions to the climate—feeling really cold or having lots of hot flashes—are also indications that your Kidney is out of balance. Edema, kidney stones, and getting up several times each night to urinate suggest a problem with the water metabolism function of the Kidney and Urinary Bladder. Also, issues with fertility, libido, or the menstrual cycle generally are Kidney problems.
Steve Eun Kyu Ryu, L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist (NY) and certified herbalist at New Life Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Center in Ottawa. He is affiliated with Ottawa Fertility Centre and Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Centre for infertility treatment. For further information or to make an appointment call 613-863-6906 or visit website http://newlifeacu.webs.com or www.acupunctureottawa.com
In the House of Pisces
You might them in a back alley with a syringe in one hand, a bottle of beer in the other. Or you’ll find them behind a pulpit, urging us to give he 12th house rules prisons, up the world and all its pleasures hospitals, insane asylums, and sins. Or, you will find them in a convents, monasteries, closets, drugs, convent, an ashram; it’s a sign of the booze, dreams, the subconscious, dirt most extremes. If you want someone under carpets, filthy habits, demonic to crawl up on a cross for you and possession, crazy recluses. It rules sacrifice themselves for the world, our inner demons and those strange this sign is your best bet. succubi that swoop in and out of our nightmares, taunting us with More nuns and sex-phobes and barely decipherable premonitions truly ascetic priests and monks are and false crossroads and other time Pisceans than any other sign. streams and alternate realities that It’s the house of past-life regression we may or may not be visiting in our and Freudian analysis and lysergic dreams. It’s the wacky house. Ghosts, flotation tank experiences. Think sasquatches, aliens, tarot readings, caves and underground bunkers and dream journals, things that go underground cities. bump in the night, remote-viewers, The 12th house is opposite the necromancers, snake dancers, soul sixth house, which rules health and cancers, all have a province here, medicine. Conventional medicine. or, at least, a county. It’s the future The 12th house rules alternative wrapped up in our past, the enigma Craig Grant, Author health. All those suppressed cures inside our inner conundrum. It rules WHY ASTROLOGY WORKS for cancer? Lost somewhere in tight, enclosed spaces: the womb: our the House of Pisces. Faith healers, Grant has been an astrologer since the days when first prison; the coffin, our last prison. he had to have a slide rule, a book of houses, and shamans, psychics, psychotherapists, The 12th house is the house of what two hours to spare, in order to make a zodiac chart. reflexologists, acupuncturists, they happens after death. It’s the after-life. all fall under the jurisdiction of the He is the author of one novel (THE LAST INDIA The 12th house is where everything 12th house and Pisces, and even OVERLAND @ google books; Coteau Books), and starts. And ends. The snake one book of prose poetry (THE GIRL WITH there, in this weird and wacky world, swallowing its tail, the ouroboros. It EINSTEIN'S BRAIN, Lyricalmyracle). He has been certain carcinogenic substances are the astrologer-in-residence at GlobalPsychics.com rules near-death experiences. legal (see: booze, tobacco) and certain Life is a near-death experience. cancer cures are not (google: hemp Info: email@example.com Kinda sorta. oil cancer cure rick simpson). Thank It’s the bus station where we’re you for that, Big Pharma. waiting for a bus to take us into another life. It’s Charon This month, the new moon falls on March 11, on the paddling us across the dark River Styx. 22nd degree of Pisces. Any farmer or gardener will tell Pisces folks don’t like time. Or, quite frequently, the you that the new moon is the best time to plant a seed, outside world. They don’t like to hear the phone ring, be it for a crop or garden or project, or some vague idea unless it’s their drug dealer. They don’t like to hear of love in somebody else’s mind. the school bell ring, the alarm clock chime. They do In this, the Year of the Water Snake, all such seeds, however like a good foot massage. Watery and mutable, it stands to reason, given the symbology, are far more Pisces rules the feet. There are more Pisceans who are likely to prosper than in other years. feet fetishists than any other signs. I’ve researched it Choose your seeds well. myself. This is the house of past lives and future lives. And the house of addictions. If Aries is addicted to being The Path to Selfhood is Peace the first one off the cliff. Taurus is addicted to couch surfing and Gemini to words and Cancer to food and Should all men become teachers? No. Leo to being in the spotlight and Virgo to keeping all The one great man is enough. orifices meticulously clean, If Libra is addicted to love, He teaches others so that they can Scorpio to sex, Sagittarius to globe-trotting and greener become independent of great men. pastures, Capricorn to work, Aquarius to the internet, This is freedom. well, then, Pisces Is addicted to, wait for it,... everything. Sonja Aileen Muller Or nothing. New German Brethren Faith
White Rose Teachings
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Visit www.pranashanti.com or call 613-761-9642 (YOGA) for more info PranaShanti Kirtan with Greg Kaps – March 1, 8:00 pm
The primary musical feature of kirtan is the use of call and response. The form is simple: a lead calls out the melodies and the mantras, the rest of the group responds. Join the chanting fun! All proceeds to Alive to Strive & the Kidney Foundation. By donation.
The Moon Centres with Devinder Kaur – March 2, 10:00 am Do you ever feel like one day you are powerful, like you could do anything, and the next day you feel unsure of yourself? You are not losing your mind! Learn how to manage these changes through the ancient yogic teachings of the Eleven Moon Centers of the Woman.
InnergiZing with Francesca Davila – March 2 & 16, 3:30 pm
This is sure to put the Zing back in your life! By combining dance with relaxation you will enjoy a fun and uplifting program that is sure to create smiles, sweat, and peace of mind.
Dedication to Women’s Day with April Hope – March 8, 7:30 pm
Reflect on the meaning of Women’s Day by honoring a special woman in your life. We will acknowledge women who have made a difference in our lives and our world followed by a heart opening YIN YOGA practice for these celebrated women.
Community Yoga Class with Monika Jakobik – March 10, 9:30 am
Each month PranaShanti donates 100% of the proceeds from a Class to a local charity. This month, the proceeds of the Yoga Class go to the SPCA of Western Quebec.
The Yoga Seekers Book Club with Tanya Riley – March 10, 11:30 am Each meeting will have a short asana practice to ground into the body, then a good hour with our tea, our selected book, our circle, and end with a short guided meditation.
Healing Your Back with Somatics with Richard Hudspith – March 10, 1:30 pm
This 2 hour workshop will examine what causes back pain, how we get it and what can be done to reduce, decrease and perhaps eliminate back pain.
Qigong – 4 Week Series with Samer Hassan – March 11, 5:45 pm
Qigong is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention. The slow, gentle movements can be easily adapted, even for the physically challenged and can be practiced by all age groups
Double Gong New Moon Meditation with Devinder Kaur – March 12, 5:45 pm
Full Moon Gong Meditation with Devinder Kaur – March 28, 5:45 pm
Two Gongs played at the same time! Every New Moon, we have the opportunity to manifest a new beginning and when we come together with such an intention our efforts are enhanced.
Learn the astrology for the Full Moon and do a short yoga set (kriya) and meditation. Class concludes with a deep relaxation with the healing sounds of the Gong and Crystal Singing Bowls!
Watering the Garden of Your Heart with Elissar Hanna – March 15, 7:30 pm
Vinyasa Flow & Zumba with Maria – March 29, 7:30 pm
An introduction to the teachings of Sufism, from the perspective of healing. We will explore a writing by a Sufi Master, learn about the basic teachings on healing, and apply these teachings to our personal situations with an exercise.
Meditation in Motion with JoAnn D’Alfonso – March 17, 12:30 pm
Explore the uniqueness of Kripalu Yoga: postures, pranayama, introversion, concentration, and meditation all happening simultaneously. In beginning stages, postures are primary and other aspects secondary. In the final stage, meditation is the primary experience.
Just Drop It! 4-week Series with Devinder Kaur – Begins March 19, 7:30 pm
Zumba is a fun and effective way to lose weight and tone up. It’s a cardio workout based on a mix of Latin American and international dances that will keep you smiling while you sweat!
Master Class Weekend with Todd Norian - May 17-19 The teachings of yoga consistently point to the Absolute where the ground of your being is affirmation, abundance, supreme joy, and bliss. Your true nature and highest potential is held within the Absolute which is Shri, auspicious, awake, vast like the sky, and throbs with ecstasy. Join Master Teacher Todd Norian for a weekend of Shri and learn how to transform challenges into life-enhancing change.
We will do the work together over 4 weekly classes. Every waking moment of our lives, we process 1,000 thoughts per blink of the eye; these thoughts along with the past we carry can become a heavy burden. So, let’s just drop it!
The 21 Stages of Meditation with Gurucharan Singh – 3 Weekends – Begins March 23 FREE Intro Talk – Friday, March 22, 7:30 pm Meditation is both a skill and an experience. Gurucharan Singh was guided through the stages of meditation at the feet of Yogi Bhajan. The 21 Stages of Meditation are grouped into three ‘journeys’. Each journey lasts one weekend. Each weekend takes you through seven stages of deep meditation. This course is for anyone who wants to enhance the joy of their meditation experience. Meditators of all levels and from all traditions are invited!
Potluck Dinner with SimplyRAW – March 23, 6:30 pm
Open to all — you don’t have to be raw vegan to attend & enjoy. Bring a home-prepared dish for 8-10 people. It can be as simple as a green salad, guacamole, or a lovely cut-up bowl of juicy fruit. We look forward to seeing you there!
Spinal Tap with Laurie Howe – March 24, 1:30 pm
Through movement, you’ll discover the natural axes of your spine, how to move the spine, how different spinal movements can fire you up or calm you down. You’ll also learn how to keep your spine as young as possible.
Intuitive & Psychic Powers Development Workshop Intensive Thurs. Apr. 11th, 6:30 to 9:30 pm for 10 consecutive Thurs. evenings until June 20th (no class June 13th). Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Know Your Soul’s Purpose Workshop Intensive Tue. Apr. 16th 6:30 to 9:30 pm for 9 consecutive Tue. evenings until June 11th. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970 Spirit Talk: Understanding Spirits’ Messages – Daytime & Dreamtime Wed. Apr. 17th, 6:30 to 9:00 pm for 8 consecutive Wed. evenings until June 5th. Only 6 participants will be accepted for this workshop. Instructor: Kerry Palframan RN. Full details at www.indigodreamer.com 613-795-1970
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops 340 Gladstone Ave. 613.234.7974 ottawayoga.com
Approx. 1-hour yoga/postures plus 1-hour beautiful chanting meditations. Challenging and exquisite, it gives you victory and strength in your life. March 3 5-7am Free Kirtan! with the Bhakti Connection Create blissful vibrations with voice and instrumentation to open the heart. March 15 1-3pm By Donation
Wealth and Abundance
Meherbani will guide participants to experience through advanced meditation techniques, creativity and self exploration. March 16 1-4pm $80+hst Poetry In Motion: Meditation, Word Art & Yoga For Personal Clarity This workshop will be an experiential practice combining poetry, body art, and yoga asana practice. March 16 1-4:30pm $25+hst student price $40+hst regular
Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth
Jennifer will give you the confidence and the knowledge to assist you through pregnancy and enable you to have the positive birth experience that you deserve. March 17 11am – 6pm $120+hst per couple Ask the Pros! Every month Sage Wellness and Rama Lotus host a panel discussion and Q&A with in-house wellness experts. This month’s topic is Detox. March 26 7-8pm $5 donation
UPCOMING TEACHER TRAINING: Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training Pt 1 & 2 April 19-21 As our population ages steadfastly, understanding the common physical and mental issues and having the qualifications to teach yoga to this large segment of our population will provide teachers with a unique and very rewarding niche.
Thai Yoga Massage Teacher Training Part 1
May 18-19 from 11am - 6pm and June 1-2 from 11am - 6pm This four-day intensive program will give you the skills and knowledge you need to begin practicing Thai Massage. You will learn a comprehensive 90 minute flow as well as learning the keys to smooth and efficient body mechanics, enabling you to dance your way through the massage.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Begins May 31 This 2 weekend intensive program will give you the skills and knowledge you need to teach Yin Yoga. 85hr Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training June 10 to 14 and September 9 to 13 This program is designed for yoga teachers, prenatal educators, doulas, and anyone who works with and is involved with pregnant woman and their families. This program will allow you to deepen your knowledge of yoga principles and practices as related to pregnancy and birth. It is suitable for yoga teachers and body workers wishing to strengthen their skills when working with pregnant women.
Aromatherapy workshop Thurs Mar 14, 6-9pm, in Greely Fun with essential oils! Learn how to: use essential oils for physical, emotional and spiritual healing… Make your own bath and beauty products with oils…create your own recipes for specialty oil blends. Cost: $35. For more info contact Kay on 613 795 1970. March 16 & 17 Energy Awaken weekend workshop in Manotick. Green Spirit presents the full Energy Awaken workshop with Reiki certification. Weekend includes meditations, exercises, sharing and energy work. Please see www.EnergyAwaken. com for info. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 692 2800
Ascending the Spiral of Light May 4th and 5th, 2013 At long last, world-renowned author and new world visionary, Patricia Cori, returns to North America offering a weekend of accelerated teachings, the merging of new science and ancient spirit, for the ascension process we are moving through, as guided through her by the exceptional Sirian High Council. The weekend intensive includes revelations of the Atlantean secret codes, the activation process for full 12-standed DNA consciousness and pineal gland awakening, connecting with the new hyperspace elementals, cellular rewrites in the sacred languages of the Cosmos, shamanic astral journeys to the altars of Agharta and beyond and, exceptionally, a live channeling session from the Sirian High Council.
This is My Story”, a silent weekend retreat led by Rev. Glenda Meakin, sponsored by Ottawa Area Christian Meditation, March 15-17 at Maison Notre-Dame-de-la-Providence, 1754 St Joseph Blvd, Orleans, ON. For further information and to register, contact Reta Hamilton (613) 838-2401 email@example.com. Registration deadline: February 28, 2013
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport, 655 Dixon Rd May 11th and 12th 2013 - The Sirian Star Seed Tarot Join Patricia in a fun-filled, mystical investigation into the tarot, brought to a new interpretive level through the visionary Sirian Starseed Tarot, created together with Alysa Bartha, a local Toronto artist! For beginners and experienced tarot practitioners alike!
REGISTER HERE: www.lighthinterseminars.ca
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the laqyers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. JENNIFER CLARK, Spiritual Success Coach, certified Risk Manager, certified Angel Therapy¨ Practitioner (ATP), certified Angelspeakeª Facilitator, Reiki Master, Professional Spiritual Teacher, Integrated Energy Therapyª MasterInstructor, NLP Practitioner, Jennifer Clark, provides in depth strategic coaching sessions for people who want to live with passion and purpose. To learn more, visit www.jenniferclark. ca or call 230-4869 ext 1. RICA GERHARDT, www.wellbeingisyours.com Spa Days, Reiki, Health Kinesiology, Brain Gym Integration, Self-Empowerment workshops, FlowerEssences, AquaChi DetoxFootbath, Private sessions (Insurance),OneDayRetreats, 613-257-8362; firstname.lastname@example.org NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. THOMAS M. TEGTMEYER, BA (Hons Econs), TPN, CEnKP, RTFHI, RBGI/LPC. If distance is a factor, I will come to your house via: balance@ thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575; SKYPE-video: display: sky_imb; ID: KJI_IMB; ichat; or remote session. SANDIE MCARDLE, Transformational Healing Sessions. I am a catalyst for healing energy and patterns that no longer serve you and will help you to move into a new sense of balance, wholeness and clarity. This might include addressing emotional, spiritual, physical or intellectual issues. I use an integrative blend of techniques, as well as guided intuition, to serve you. I have over 20 years experience in the healing arts. Sandie McArdle, B.A., HSC. 613-741-3117 or 613617-5588. email@example.com SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist, spiritual coach and counsellor, and energy therapist who specializes in teaching people to live with passion, joy and trust in the process of life. Sherry works with individuals from three to a hundred and three. In addition, her unique approach to
family and couple counselling has proven over and over again to be highly successful. She may be reached at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www. sherryharriscounselling.com. Insurance receipts covered by most benefit packages are provided. Weekend and evening hours are available as well as regular business hours. Home visits or phone sessions may be arranged if you are unable to come to me. SONJA MULLER, R,N. The Dance of the Butterrfly, Yoga Therapy, Ashtanga Yoga By The Sea True Self Process. Inquiries at White Wind Clinic 613 600-9089 sliding scale, insurance.
• Places FIRST UNITARIAN CONGREGATION. 30 Cleary St. 613-725-1066. Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, individual mentoring, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: courseoasis@ primus.ca; Website: www.courseoasis.org
• Access Consciousness THE BARS - Opening up to receiving! Release blockages and create the life you want. Private session or class, contact certified Bars Facilitators; Suzanne Camire (bilingual) 613-745-5898 suz.camire@ sympatico.ca Carol Sheehan 613-249-8418 firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM.DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arhtritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa. Lori Mackay Rmt, Cama – Trained in Medical Acupuncture at McMaster University. Providing treatment for acute and chronic Musculoskeletal Disorders and injuries such as, joint, neck,
shoulder and back pain, headaches, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and more. Acupuncture can be performed alone or in conjunction with massage therapy treatment. 2 convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please call: (613)241-3434. Please call: (613)-727-7246 for more info contact Lori at email@example.com or www. lorirmt.ca HARMONY ACUPUNCTURE, Rural Kanata location, Alice Kwasniok, Dr. Ac. and TCM, MSc, member of CMAAC, graduate of ACOS, Nelson, BC. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for prevention and treatment of a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Weight loss and detoxification, anti-aging facial rejuvenation. 613-832-0658. www.harmonyrevival.com CENTRE OF ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. Dr. Gasan Askerow, C.M.D., Ph.D., Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, Pain & Sports Related Injuries, 125 Somerset W (Suite 202), 613 569-8947. PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE for Facial Rejuvenation. For a more youthful and beautiful YOU, using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. A natural, enjoyable and more effective solution to the signs of aging. Kecia Lee, Dip. Ac. 613-282-6217 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Addictions SEX ADDICTS ANONYMOUS (SAA). A 12 step group to stop compulsive behaviour. Phone 786-1060.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Akashic Records Consultant, Clairvoyant Medium, Certified Hypnotherapist. Akasha is the fundamental energy at the very core of creation. All that is created emanates from and returns to the energy of the Akasha. Held within the Akasha are the individual records of each soul from the time it leaves its point of origin until its return. Every thought, word, deed and intent generated by each soul’s experience is recorded within ßthe Akasha in one’s personal Akashic Records as well as in a collective recording of the experience. Accessing information from the Akashic Records gives us divine insight as we create and manifest our desires. Expect information to continue to filter into your consciousness through your dreams and in the form of sudden insights in the days and weeks following a consultation. Gift Certificates available. email@example.com
• Alexander Technique ELENA CALVO. Certified teacher(England) Personalized mind and body work. English, Spanish, and French spoken. Health Insurance covered. (819) 771-0110.
DIRECTORY THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.beingcarefulwhatwewishfor.ca BRIGITTE CARON fully bilingual, certified teacher (also speaks Spanish). 317 Chapel (@ Laurier). 789-7972.
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier incorporates various modalities, including family constellation work, into a unique and compelling Emotional Freedom Techniques session. EFT is gentle yet powerful energy work that allows you to release any negative memories and feelings that are blocking you from moving forward in life. 613 297 8293, diane@ reiki-light.com, reiki-light.com JENNIFER CLARK was Ottawa’s first Angel Therapy® Practitioner and Professional Spiritual Teacher certified by Doreen Virtue working in Ottawa. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call her at 613.297.2850 and see what your angels and guides have to say! THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/ Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki MasterTeacher/Certified Magnified Healer/Clairvoyant Medium. Integrated Healing Therapy Sessions with messages from your angels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org VONNE SOLIS. www.vonnesolis.com. 613-258-3550
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master.
email email@example.com for schedules, www.aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Art / Art Therapy SCULPTURE FROM THE HEART: a powerful creative process. Hilde Paz, Qualified Steiner Sculpture therapist (UK). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org JOURNEY THROUGH THE RAINBOW: Participants gain a greater understanding of themselves by exploring the seven colours of the rainbow through art, visualization, sound and food. A “sense”-ational experience! Tammy Smith 613-799-1022 Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com
• Ascension ASCENSION & LIGHT BODY ACCELERATION. Cathryn Green. Reconnection of DNA Blueprint www.cathryngreen.ca 613-479-0299
• Art Classes/Workshops OPENING TO THE FLOW art classes & workshops. Hedda Sidla 613-445-5613, email@example.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259.
NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 FREE HOME DELIVERY of hundreds of top quality green products available from www. ECOOTTAWA.com on orders over $35.
• Bed & Breakfast LA GRANGE COUNTRY INN & YOGA STUDIO – Historic barn converted into spectacular 4-star inn and studio. Located on the edge of Gatineau Park in the village of Wakefield, only 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa. www.lagrangecountryinn.com (819) 459-3939.
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com LORI HOLLOHAN, M.A. Advanced Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and Reiki II. Tel: (613) 866-7091; Email: info@lorihollohan. com; Web: www.lorihollohan.com WENDY PHILPOTT, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see www.bodytalksystem.com
JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com
PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444, www.planetbotanix.com: Gardening, self help, spiritual, cards, cds, dvds
CRAIG GRANT has studied with Noel Tyl, Jeffrey Green, and Philip Sedgwick. He’s the author of WHY ASTROLOGY WORKS. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www. ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974. Yoga & Lifestyle, Meditation, DVD’s and More
• Aura Photography Aura Photo & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
FORCES IN THE AIR. An Autobiography of a Canadian Air Force Brat. A great little read of 108 pages, contact crowecreations.ca or email@example.com for info and a copy
• Bowen Therapy
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN. Non-surgical Facelift hydrate, rejuvenate, healing your skin.Pure organic skin care product. Call Dina 613-526-1255
CHRYSALIS THERAPIES / Christine Follows. www.chrysalistherapies.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced). Call (613) 523-0640 after 5 pm. or e-mail follows0640@ rogers.com BowenTherapy Ottawa Bette Madigan. www. BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) 376 Churchill Ave. Suite 203 (Westboro Clinic) insurance receipts available. Call 613-722-4249 or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org MARIANNA MEDVID, Registered Bowen Therapist, Homeoplus Outaouais Clinic, Hull. Pain relief and body balancing. 819-777-1818 (w) or 613-291-6651(c) email@example.com; bowentherapyhealing.ca. CAROLYNNE DOUCETTE - Professional Bowenwork Practioner. Effective for chronic and acute conditions and injuries. Carolynne@bowenkemptville.ca 613-799-3315. www.bowenkemptville.ca
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom RODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: info@ wwzc.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Career Consulting FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has successfully navigated career transitions, mapped out career turning points and strategies for her clients. Get back in the flow! Visit www. jenniferclark.ca or call\CATER your small to medium event tailored to your specific dietary needs and liking ie. Vegan,Vegetarian, Living Food, Low Fat, Ciliac, etc Eager to learn more about cooking? - ask me about some theme cooking classes. tel 613 668 4223. e-mail.: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra Balancing with HOTSTONE, SOUND, AROMATHERAPY, REIKI www.wellbeingisyours.com. Rica Gerhardt 613-257-8362.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www. rainbow-lady.com
experiences to shift anxiety, fear, depression and physical conditions. Visit www.jenniferclark. ca or call 613.297.2850
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Pain Relief, Headache, Injuries, Performance improvement, Arthritis, Health & Well-being
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-7311532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Clinics PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www. killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PHYSICAL DYNAMICS PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTRE now offering cranio-sacral therapy and somato-emotional release with Mélanie Mainville RPT, CAFCI. Other services include orthopedic and sports physiotherapy, acupuncture, dry needling and massage therapy by RMT. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-741-0923.
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com GAIN FREEDOM FROM CLUTTER and save precious time and energy. Let me help you get organized so you can find exactly what you need when you need it. Jobs may be as small a linen closet or as large as a garage. It is said that 25% of what we buy is spent on things we already own but can’t find them. Increase your peace of mind. Call for a free consultation: 613762-1704 or email@example.com
• Co-dependence Issues YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102.
JENNIFER CLARK is a Child and Youth Coach offering unique coaching and simple healing
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www.ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and de-emphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. BERYL ALLPORT, MCC, TRC, Master Coach, Facilitator, Author, Certified Retirement Life Coach. Mid life transition coaching, workshops and speaking. Finding a deeper meaning of self and life. 613-421-3042 www.beallucanbe.com Thomas M. Tegtmeyer. Kimaya Joy International (KJI) Information Medicine Balancing (IMB) at: Mother Earth Natural Health 747 D Richmond Road (at Cleary). By appointment only. Phone: 613.769.5575; http://thomasmtegtmeyer. energyk.org/interview.html; http://www. energybalanceexchange.org/; http://www.cicricrc.ca/; http://www.adrontario.ca/; http://www. imimediation.org/ ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: maranta.anna@ gmail.com MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-chargeto you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has been an Intuitive Life Coach combining the concrete and the esoteric offering you “soul solutions” that work. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
DIRECTORY ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist, spiritual coach and counsellor, and energy therapist who specializes in teaching people to live with passion, joy and trust in the process of life. Sherry works with individuals from three to a hundred and three. In addition, her unique approach to family and couple counselling has proven over and over again to be highly successful. She may be reached at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www. sherryharriscounselling.com. Insurance receipts covered by most benefit packages are provided. Weekend and evening hours are available as well as regular business hours. Home visits or phone sessions may be arranged if you are unable to come to me. ALYCE SNOW - M.Psy. (over 40 yrs exp.) Grandir ensemble au rythme des saisons .. Developing one’s feeling of wholeness/harmony Famille - couple - individuel - mini groupes Growing pains -relationships -life transitions Mieux traverser les moments imp/ difficiles Stress relief through artistic self-expression .. Vers une meilleure contribution sociale *daytime or evenings (613) 741-5632 LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/ sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-235-9813 firstname.lastname@example.org NURTURING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP with your embodied wisdom thru Focusing, NVC & Yoga. Phone/Skype, in person. Shulamit Day Berlevtov 613-868-9642 www.shula.ca
SONJA MULLER, R.N, Pastoral Healing, Spiritual Healing, and Marian Faith Healing Vocation Ministry of Healing. Guided by Father Joe Kane, OMI, and the Roman Catholic Church and the Holiness of the Pope. White Wind Clinic, Ottawa, Rose Mountain Retreat Quebec. Meditation Weekends, available in the “Sanctorum of the Heart” tradition. 613 795-4583 GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. 613-828-2836
• Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/ people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www. marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW, CHt, LM is a heart-focused psychotherapist who helps couples learn to respect and love each other again after falling out of love and losing their genuine concern and appreciation for each other. Her unique techniques encourage couples to find the value and goodness, not only in each other, but in themselves. Sherry may be reached at 613-236-8852, by email at email@example.com. Please check out her website at www.sherryharriscounselling.com. Sherry is available evenings and weekends as well as regular business hours. Insurance receipts covered for most benefit packages are provided.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. Denise Gaulin, B.A., CST Since the early 1990’s, Denise offers individual CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and SomatoEmotional Release (SER) sessions; she also has a specialization and a vast experience in pediatric CST and Visceral Manipulation (Barral). Denise is a certified CranioSacral therapist and certified teaching assistant for all levels of coursework (Upledger). Tutorials are offered to students of CST and SER. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www. WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239
AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life.
• Crystal Consultations DISCOVER WHICH CRYSTALS WILL BENEFIT YOU the most! Enjoy a complimentary crystal consultation with Linda Energy Healer, Tuesdays 7 pm – 9 pm Mambo Restaurant, 77 Clarence St, and on Veggie Wednesdays 7 pm – 9 pm at Kinki Restaurant, 41 York St in the Byward Market. Beautiful healing crystal jewellery also for sale. www.lindaenergyhealer.com email@example.com 613-868-8468
• Crystal Singing Bowls & Intuitive Voice DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Pamela Holm. Intuitive voice and Crystal Singing bowls sessions. Group and individual. Music Therapist, Karmic Master. Also DNA/karmic healing. www. PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 pamela_holm@ yahoo.com
• Crystals Ascension Healing – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca, 613798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email email@example.com ANJALI ACADEMY, DANCE AND YOGA: Asana Adavu and Mantra: a unique synthesis of yoga postures and Indian temple dance, mudras, facial expressions and tala set to mantras. Also traditional Indian Classical Temple dance classes. www.culturalhorizons.ca gaston@ cyberus.ca 613 745-1368 MOVEMENT ARTS OTTAWA STUDIO, at 111a Rideau, offers classes and a space for bodyaware practices like Contact Improvisation, Body Mind Centering, Authentic Movement, Yoga and Dance, etc. and for moving artists exploring creation. See www.movementartsottawa. blogspot.com
BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com PEACOCK DYNASTY DANCE STUDIO: Specializing in Bollywood, Indian Classical Dance Style-Bharata Natyam, Indian Folk, & Persian/Bollywood Fusion. Please contact Sem at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-286-6484 or visit www.peacockdynasty.com
• Dementia AN ALTERNATIVE, UNCONVENTIONAL, AND HOLISTIC approach to Memory Loss. Mark Andrews 613-257-0003 www.karmaiskarma.com
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification AQUA CHI FOOTBATH, easy+effective detox Rica Gerhardt 613-257-8362 rica11@ sympatico.ca www.wellbeingisyours.com check Spa Days ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com IONCLEANSETM FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 stonetreehaven@ yahoo.com ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Distance Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER—Highly effective energy healing sessions available distantly for physical & emotional pain such as childhood issues, abuse, grief, divorce, & accidents. Current distance healing clients range from Toronto and Montréal to Australia and Asia. For further info, please visit www.lindaenergyhealer. com email email@example.com or call 613868-8468. Serving people & pets. PayPal option
• DNA/Karmic Healing/Sound Healing DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS Refresh the spirit & progress on ascension path through releasing problems at the root, within the DNA, from this and other lifetimes, and throughout the existence of the soul. Intuitive sound work with Crystal Singing bowls & voice with Music Therapist, Karmic Master. www.PamelaHolm.ca 613-829-1556 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dowsing Ottawa Dowsers, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260 LEARN THE ART OF DOWSING using various tools and techniques. Individual and group classes. Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
• Doula Death Doula and End-of-Life Shaman, Oneon-one consultations, workshops, mediumship. Trained to aid and support individuals in their dying processes. Debbie Dharbonneau, 613823-0384, www.debbiecharbonneau.ca
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282 DREAM INTERPRETATION: Using Jungian approach and method of working with dreams. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778.
• Ear Candling EAR CANDLING - HYGIENIC. Fireresistant head cover. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255.• Eco-Friendly
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL PAIN AND STRESS can lead to physical pain and illness. Life is too short to live with pain of any kind! EFT is an important tool in getting rid of pain - and also in removing the negativity that blocks you from manifesting and attracting the positive and allowing for fullness of self and your divine plan. Tap into emotional freedom try it on EVERYTHING! Diane Lanthier (613) 297-8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and im-balances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy ENERGY TRANSFORMATIONAL FACILITATOR The Art of Neutrality - sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858 EXPLORE THE USE OF ARCHETYPAL ENERGY FREQUENCIES to clear-change-enhance patterns-take action rather than reaction. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www. MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine for healing emotional & physical pain at the root level. In person or distance, people & pets. Please call 613-868-8468, email email@example.com or visit www.lindaenergyhealer.com QUANTUM HEALING -Past Life Regression; Any health issue, Any Question -Dolores Cannon Hypnotherapy Method - Contact Nancy McColl 613-237-4904 email: namccoll@hotmail. com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa. ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 THREELIGHTS HEALING INC Experience the amazing healing benefits of integrating your Healing Sessions with messages from your Angels. Private treatments & Classes/ Workshops for all levels. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
• Energy Kinesiology THOMAS M. TEGTMEYER. Information Medicine Balancing since 1995. For personal bests and gentle transformation through many ways by weaving coherence, focusing awareness, balancing priorities, mapping energy. If distance is a factor, I will come to your house via: E/M: balance@thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575; SKYPE-video: display: sky_imb; ID: KJI_IMB; ichat; or remote session. By appointment only. http://thomasmtegtmeyer. energyk.org/interview.html www.canask.org/ class_listings.htm www.braingym.org/ www. energybalanceexchange.org/
• Energy Medicine Combining the power of Donna Eden Energy Medicine and Emotional Freedom Technique to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing. classes.www.energywellspring.com
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day course with Debbie Boehlen. Certification available. 905.714.0298 www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit • Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.830.5764
• Feldenkrais Method KAREN MEREDITH, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practioner, www.beyondmovement.ca or 613-761-6200
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com FENG SHUI OTTAWA. Maggie Huang, Feng Shui Master practitioner and Consultant, have been providing professional consultations for homes and business-es since 2001, with a proven track record of success. She also offers workshops at East Wind in Westboro in the 4th Saturday of each month. Maggie has studied under Lillian Too, the world’s foremost Feng Shui Master from Asia. She applies her expertise using a combination of traditional and contemporary technique, practical on uplifting and envisioning your life. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit 361Richmond Rd. 613 729-8813
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng
Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Preregistration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com. “WOMEN UTILIZING MIND/BODY TECHNIQUES such as hypnosis have a 42 –55% increased rates of conception” Engage the power of your subconscious mind to enhance fertility with hypnotherapy. Visit: www. empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 johanna@ empowerhypnosis.ca
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can support you through all phases of life. Gentle release of blocks and patterns, healing of old wounds, assistance with acute or chronic issues. Californian, Pacific and Bach essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303 or email@example.com
• Foot Orthotics Dr. Jean-FranCois Gauthier B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custom-made foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.spineandfoot.com
• Frequencies of Brilliance Christine Follows / CHRYSALIS THERAPIES. Call (613) 523-0640 after 5 p.m. for appt. or email email@example.com
• Gifts Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gluten Free SOUPE, HÉ! SEASONAL SOUPS -- delicious gluten-free, vegetarian soups and potages finally! Sold in fine food and health food stores in the Outaouais. www.soupehe.com
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hadoscan HADOSCAN Sessions available by phone, distance or in person Contact Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
• Health and Well-Being Consultant BELINDA ROUSSEL HOWES, Health and Well-Being Consultant, Connecting you with the people and tools for your well-being journey Tel: 613 720-6355; www.wellbeingottawa.com
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Health Kinesiology RICA GERHARDT, Specialized Holistic Health Kinesiologist. Treat causes, not symptoms. Install empowering beliefs. Nutrition. Detox. Private sessions.(Insurance). Workshops. Spa Days www.wellbeingisyours.com 613-257-8362 email@example.com
• HeartMath® 1:1 Coaching BREATHE THROUGH THE HEART AND STOP REACTING UNCONSCIOUSLY. Self Regulation, Energy Management, Optimal Performance. Contact Robbin Zrudlo at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.healandevolve.ca
• Heart Interpreter WOULD YOU LIKE ASSISTANCE SAYING what`s really in your heart and putting it on paper? Support offered for writing greetings, letters and preparing messages to friends, partners, colleagues, family or anyone else you need to communicate with. From $20.00, 1/2 off special until Feb.28, 2012. Contact Cera at (613) 227-4497 or email@example.com
• Herbal Healing JUDY HENRY is a skilled herbal practitioner and healer with 25 years of experience in holistic healing. She combines knowledge, intuition and guidance, as she weaves together the sacred wisdom and spirit of the plants, as well as many ancient & modern healing modalities. Health Coaching program: In-depth Individual coaching, personalized protocols &custom-blended herbal formulas. Single consultations are also available. www.earthmedicine.ca 613- 832-8241
• Herbalism KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is one of two registered Clinical herbalists in the region with the Ontario Herbalists Association, a professional regulating body. We have developed educational standards, a Professional Scope of Practice, a Professional Code of Practice and a Professional Code of Ethics. See www. herbalists.on.ca. I has been studying, working, growing, sharing, teaching, journeying and playing with the plants since 1982. I specialize in the Art and Science of natural healing and am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at (613) 237-1473. I also teach The Wisdom of Plants Herbal Apprenticeship Program (See its Facebook page) starting yearly in May. www.kathleenleeson.ca ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs, tinctures, oils & more including vibrant premium herbs from our gardens. Mailed to your home or office. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. M. AYUB KHAN, B.A, DHM (UK), HD (Home of affordable, safe and alternative Health care System for acute & chronic diseases) Telephone: (613)746-6248 (R), (613)282-2660 (B) E-mail: email@example.com ELIZABETH WIGGINS, Reg. Hom., -- for your acute and chronic health concerns. I also offer Nutritional Counselling, Life Coaching, Reiki, & The Lifeline Technique (613) 222-6922 or visit www.elizabethwiggins.com MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available
• Hydromassage Therapy RELAXATION STATION 613-299-1370. Rejuvenating Mind and Body. Become totally relaxed and rejuvenated with the revolutionary (dry) hydro-massage machine called the SpaCapsule. Nobody will touch you, you keep your clothes on and you don’t get wet. Oxygen therapy, aromatherapy, and relaxing music/ video is included. Also used for lymphatic drainage, cellulite reduction and body slimming. Perfect treatment for people with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and diabetes. www. relaxationstation.ca, email@example.com
• Hypnotherapy AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviors, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness. com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-3903553 firstname.lastname@example.org RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupuncture. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-728-2579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com FOR WEIGHT LOSS, TO STOP SMOKING, confidence and much more. Lynne Cardinal NGH certified. (613) 721-7888 or www. kaivalya.ca Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819918-6670 www.martinebrisson.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the
life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: With a blend of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, the focus is placed upon what YOU want and together we make it happen in the right way for you (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira. com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Do you need help doing it? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, Radiant Changes, in west end at Vitallife (613) 798-9994; east end at (613)859-3902, www.radiantchanges.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day course with Debbie Boehlen, Certification available. 905.714.0298 www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com Experience the rejuvenating power of REIKI & INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM) with Juane, Reiki Master and IHM Certified Practitioner Available Thurs., Fri. & Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc., 260 Centrum Boulevard. 613-834-9922 $40/60 minutes, $25/30 minutes.
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Life Coach HELPING GUIDE YOU to live your best life! Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com THREELIGHTS HEALING INC I am a Certified Intuitive Life Coach/Usui Reiki Master-Teacher/Magnified Healer/Certified Angel Therapy Practitioner/Clairvoyant Medium. Take control of your Life now. Contact: 613.271.8775 or www.threelights.org
SHARRON A. COSGROVE MPM PC Personal Life and Business Coaching -a powerful partner to help you achieve greater levels of success, happiness and fulfillment. Have a big dream, want to get to the next level on your journey, come work with an experienced professional, interested in your success. www.sharroncosgrove.com 613 850-3980
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 lbaird@ istar.ca
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613-824-4548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: Connect to your Higher Self and your Inner Wisdom. For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. On-line, by phone and in person (613) 432-1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ENJOY, LAUGH, GROW, discover, develop self-understanding, raise your consciousness, balance your body, mind, heart and spirit. An intuitive reading or counseling session can be the additional support you need to bring balance and greater happiness into your life. Over the phone or in person! Choose the type of session that suits you. An amazing journey begins again, in this moment…visit www.intuitivelight.com 613-261-9128 Cheryl FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS, JENNIFER CLARK has been a powerful Intuitive guide offering you insight about your spirit guides and helpers offering you divine direction and guidance. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850 GAIN INSIGHT, Guidance, Clarity, Direction, Validation and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-0705
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis)
NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756. EVELYNE LEMIEUX-NAULT, Accredited Journey Practitioner/Visionary Leadership Coach. Address the root cause of emotional and physical issues. Open to the wisdom, freedom and love within yourself. English and French. 613-824-3368. evelyne.lemieux-nault@rogers. com
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology CHECK Health Kinesiology / Rica Gerhardt
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www. stjohnskanata.ca
• Life-Cycle Celebrant CERTIFIED LIFE-CYCLE CELEBRANT and trained labyrinth facilitator available for funerals, life event celebrations,memorials, anniversaries, naming ceremonies, special birthdays, pet funerals, pregnancies and other life events. Visit www.thresholds.weebly.com or call Patti at 613-253-3099.
• LifeLine Technique ELIZABETH WIGGINS, Certified Lifeline Practitioner. The Lifeline Technique changes lives. Let me help you change yours. Any symptom can be addressed. For real change, call 613-222-6922 or visit www.elizabethwiggins. com MASTERY UNLIMITED The LifeLine Technique™ offers you the opportunity to view symptoms of Pain, Fear, and Challenges as gifts for self-healing using the power of Infinite Love and Gratitude. To learn more visit: www.masteryunlimited.ca and call Graham Wiseman: 819-483-0667 email: graham@ masteryunlimited.ca or Judy MacLeod: 613-8507780 email: email@example.com
• Lifestyle Wellness
HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ZEN FOR YOU HOLISTIC APPROACH to health combines nutrition and lifestyle counseling, bodywork and yoga packages tailored to your body’s true needs. Zen for You stresses the importance of identifying the client’s lifestyle issues and trains/teaches them to connect better with themselves and acquire a more positive and healing attitude towards a healthier, fitter and balanced life. To know more Zen for You ervices and programs please visit www. zenforyou.ca
QUIET GARDEN, includes an 11 circuit replica of Chartres Labyrinth. St. John’s Anglican Church, Richmond, 65 Fowler St. 838-6075. http://members.eisa.com/~ec088706/
LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
ARCHETYPAL DOUBLE ENERGY LABYRINTH learn the benefits and processes to utilize the emanating energy from two and three dimensional double labyrinths. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Laughter/Happiness Coaching WWW.LAUGHWITHME.CA LAUGHTER is the best medicine! Learn the skills to make yourself HAPPY! For individuals, groups, work places, clubs EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE HAPPY! Contact Suzi 613-878-4235 or laughwithme@ rogers.com
• Life Between Lives This is the space between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-918-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration • Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Lymph drainage (Vodder), Reflexology, Shiatsu, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca LYMPH DRAINAGE, MASSAGE. Detoxify body. Reduce cellulite, edema. Effective for fibromyalgia. Dina (613) 526-1255.
• Magnetic Resonance Stimulation A UNIQUE AND EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO WELLNESS! Energize your cells with natural frequencies. Complimentary session available with the new iMRS. Exceptional business opportunity for spas and clinics. Anne Riopelle 613-744-5679 email@example.com
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. SAGE WELLNESS, 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Swedish Massage, Sports, Prenatal, Myofascial, Bowen BODY MASSAGE & Manual Lymph Drainage. Reiki. Insurance coverage available. Riverside Health Centre. Dina (613) 526-1255. Also in Valdes-Monts, Québec.
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca JENNIFER PRESLEY, RMT. Treatment & relaxation, deep tissue, craniosacral, Reiki. Injuries, pregnancy, migraine TMJ. Vibrant Health, 20 James St., Top Fl. 613-237-4400 www.vibranthealthmassage.ca Lori MacKay RMT, CAMA – Feeling stress, pain, or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Receipts issued. 2 Convenient locations: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. Please call: (613)727-7246 For More Info Contact Lori at lorirmt@ gmail.com or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY, Registered Massage Therapists providing care for pain and injury, wellness and relaxation. Deep tissue, TMJ, myofascial, sports, pre/ post natal, lymphatic, hot stone, and more. Convenient downtown location near the Queensway, free parking, online booking, buy gift certificates online. 504 Kent Street (at Arlington). Please call 613-222-0465 or visit bodypoets.com. Enjoy your healthy body! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt. com
RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 firstname.lastname@example.org NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. email@example.com MULLER TECHNIQUE FOR MIND BODY CORRECTION. Expert Nurse, Mind Body Rehabilitation Therapist, Sonja Muller, R.N., White Wind Clinic Ottawa 613 795-4583
• Matrix Energetics MATRIX ENERGETICS - Facilitator in the Art of Transformation Certified Practitioner since 2007 sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www. VisionofSpirit.com. Medical Intuitive, Medium, Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Colour healing. Teaches intuitition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary, environment or inherent factors that may endure. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www. WindowtotheSoul.com KNOW ROOTS OF ILLNESS; Shift; Change; Heal. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-841-2894 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Tantra Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations given by Chris Simmonds including, chakra awareness, and Sahaj Meditation techniques in the Tantra tradition. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613730-2622 or email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info.
TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION (TM) — A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing followup. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See www.doctorsontm.com or www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@maharishi.ca DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org. OTTAWA DHARMA PUNX is a peer-led meditation group. We offer a casual space to meditate in community, explore Buddhist teachings, and share personal experience. Meet 3:30 Sundays at 57 Lyndale, Hintonburgh. 25 minute meditation starts at 3:45 pm and discussion after, bring your own cushion. email@example.com THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org 1 800 226 4428 GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com DOROTHY ALLEMANG offers Sonic Meditations For You. Four guided meditations for relaxation and healing. Gongs, crystal bowls, waterphone and ocean drum enhance the deep meditative state. Music by Johannes Welsch. www.sonicmeditationsforyou.com or phone 613-864-3520 MEDITATION CLASSES: Explore great philosophical traditions and various meditation techniques. Contact us at (613) 721-7888 or www.kaivalya.ca A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will bring the meditative process into daily living... ISUL method...Nancy 613-596-0260
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and
awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com
• Mind Kinetics ANNY TENBULT coaches physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to groups or individuals. Science has proven that habits and behaviors’ will only change if there is a physiological shift in our thinking cells. Mind Kineticsª means putting the brain into action. Call Anny @613-745-1274 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.powerfocuscoaching.com
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758
• Music & Meditation FOR CHILDREN & TEENS, including those with autism, emotional challenges; adults for personal growth & healing, palliative care, with Pamela Holm, Accredited Music Therapist and healing intuitive. 613-829-1556, pamela_holm@ yahoo.com, www.PamelaHolm.ca
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Natural Foods SOL NATURAL FOODS. 186 Ave de la Colline, Aylmer, QC. 684-0512. WHEAT BERRY. 206 Main St. 235-7580.
• Naturopathic doctors ANN LAWRENCE BSc, ND Licensed & Registered Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario. We offer services for the whole family! Bowen Therapy, chronic or adrenal fatigue, pediatrics, ear infections, women’s & men’s health, fertility,
menopause, diabetes, allergies, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, weight loss, digestive disorders, heavy metal testing, detoxification and STRESS! Covered by extended health insurance plans. The Dragonfly Family Health Centre @ 171 Old Colony Rd. in Kanata Free parking and extended hours available.(613) 831-2661 www.dragonflynaturopathy. com, www.kanatanaturopath.ca
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 300 Preston St. 613-728-9100, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Non-Violent Communication COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION Non Violent Communication is a communication model developed by Marshall Rosenberg to provide a means for families, colleagues, neighbours and everyone everywhere who wants to have more meaningful relationships in their lives to focus on the feelings and needs as a way to remove the pain and aggravation from our communications. I will be offering a 3 hour per month 12-month support group for learning. practicing, and sharing about our experiences with Marshall’s work as we spend this time together. Beginning in September, we will come together to begin this process, and then have an experienced instructor spend a weekend with us, as we move forward leaning and feeling how amazing it is when we have the skill set to create more meaning, and less pain in our lives. Information from Aileen’s Oasis, Aileen McKenna. www.aileensoasis.com or 613-2282272, by cell at 613-795-3751 or toll free at 1-866-493-0236
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; (613) 842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. DILEEP KORAH, BSc, BEd, ND. Classical osteopathy. Naturally treating the cause of pain and imbalance in order to re-establish optimal health. 200-2211 Riverside Dr. 613-521-5355
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982. Has the ability to see what you see and to feel what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose. Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576.
• Physiotherapy MELANIE MAINVILLE RPT, CAFCI. Offering an integrative practice which weaves traditional orthopedic physiotherapy with craniosacral therapy, somato-emotional release and acupuncture. Gently guiding self-correction of the nervous system to facilitate maximal recovery from injury and chronic ailments. Covered by most extended health care plans. By appointment 613-407-3449. www.iahp. com/MelanieMainville
• Pranic Healing NO-TOUCH HEALING that works on the energy body (the blueprint of the physical body). Treats physical injuries & diseases, emotional, & mental ailments. (Broken bones, migraines, poor vision, liver disease, muscle pain, general fatigue, stress, anger, PTSD, neurological disorders, etc. as well as blocks to career, relationships, & financial success, and for maintenance of good health. The list is endless.) Email or call Faye Healey to book a session: email@example.com, 613-282-0801. Visit pranichealingontario.ca
• Qigong LAMAS QI GONG exercise classes are held at 2 locations - McNabb Community Centre at 180 Percy St. (Sat. 9:20-10:15 am) and Plant Recreation Centre at 930 Somerset St. W. Thurs. 8:00-9:00 pm & Sat. 10:30-11:30 am). The classes are led by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturopath therapist) who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor, as well as private training and consultation sessions, are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www.lamasqigongcanada.com
CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com NIANLI Mind Power Healing (Taiji Five Element Self Recovery System): ancient Chinese meditative qigong by Master Binhui He. No steps to remember. Teaching individually or in small groups. For information: www.nianli.ca or info@ nianli.ca or call Katherine 613-828-3236
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Radio OTTAWA’S ONLY SPIRITUAL TALK SHOW “The Namaste Show: Good News For A Change” on CKCU FM 93.1 or www.ckcufm. com Tuesdays from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST airing live since 2001.
• Raw Foods & Hemp EAT RAW, CREATE HEALTH. Share Raw, Create Wealth! Try our hemp Pulse, 26 raw and clean whole foods in one sacred geometry, tasty treat! www.healthy-income.ca.
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. Gift Certificates available. email@example.com For additional info: www.TheReconnection.com JACKIE LOGSDAIL, RECONNECTIVE HEALING PRACTIONER, and Reconnection™. Allow the universe to give you an energy healing through the mind, body or spirit. For an appointment or information call 613-440-1204 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practionner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology Valcron Reflexology - the healing touch providing holistic reflexology to clients for over 13 years. Home-based practice in Orleans. Hospital, retirement & nursing home visits provided. RAC certified reflexologist, RN, SCM, MA, CCRP. For more information contact valerie cronin at 613 837 9435 email@example.com
BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-255-7934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology, Shiatsu, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www. ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL – RCRT – Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR OF HEAD, FEET & HANDS REFLEXOLOGY. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Nancy 613-596-0260
• Reiki VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www. visionreiki.com. firstname.lastname@example.org Call 819-778-2590 RAINBOW OASIS: Usiu Master / Teacher / Practitioner. Experience the natural healing, relaxing and balancing effect of Reiki Energy. For personalized sessions, contact Dianne at email@example.com or call 613-733-9481 LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master/ Teacher. USUI system of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/Soul Intuitive. Past-life Information. Colour healing. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www. WindowtotheSoul.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com iHEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified
Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org REIKI EXCHANGE/HEALING GROUP is held every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for World Peace, situationsand individuals. Those who wish toparticipate or have requests, please call Vera or Pesi at (613) 829-0224 or email: email@example.com BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Melt away stress. Nurture your soul. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you reach the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki.com REIKI MASTER: I have been trained in the Usui method and have been practicing since 1989. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 WHAT A JOURNEY! Discover the great gift of Reiki! It is there…waiting to be expressed through you! Private training is available or come with a friend. All levels. www.intuitivelight. com 613-261-9128 Cheryl HEALING HANDS FOR THE BODY AND SOUL JOIN USUI REIKI Practitioner Pauline Brown, for a 90 minute combination Reiki treatment and relaxation massage for $50.00 or 90 minute combination Reiki treatment with a Hot Stone Massage for $75.00. Taking time to pamper yourself today, makes for a better tomorrow! Call: 613-858-0039, 819-684-7885 or firstname.lastname@example.org ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing. com ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. BRING BALANCE BACK INTO YOUR LIFE. Reiki is an ancient alternative therapy used in the treatment of many conditions. Reiki will balance the chakras and eliminate blockages to help you attain the road to full health. Call today and begin the journey to healing. Elsy David, RP, IARP tel: 613-798-6865 or www.samsarareiki.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on Usui Method...individual and small classes. Nancy 613-596-0260 REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com
DINA. Usui Reiki Master. Harmonize body. mind and emotional system. Bring peace of mind. Sessions and training for all levels. Riverside Health Centre. 613-526-1255. FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Restorative Yoga RESTORATIVE YOGA. Are you challenged by everyday stress, limited mobility, suffering from chronic fatigue or recovering from illness or injury? Although the principles are the same as in classic yoga (moving the spine in all directions), the practice is different. Here the body is fully supported by bolsters, blankets, straps, blocks and eye pillows. Come and experience ‘active relaxation’ and be guided into a deep state of bliss! Two group classes to choose from at Surround Circle Yoga: Tuesday evenings 7:30 – 9:00pm & Friday afternoons 2:00 – 3:30pm. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649 PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com BEAUTIFUL LOG CABIN by a pond in a wooded area, private, ideal for retreat or peaceful getaway. Located near Killaloe, close to Algonquin Park. For rent all seasons call 613-625-2200. www.lindenpondcottage.com THE GODDESS & THE GREEN MAN CYRSTAL EARTH RETREAT - ALLAN & CATHRYN GREEN Personal customized Uplevelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www. cathryngreen.ca www.crystalearthhealingspa. com 613-479-0299 ascensionportal@xplornet. com email@example.com
RADIANT PINES ECO-CABIN RETREAT - Lanark Highlands! Runs on solar energy; located on 23 acres of tranquil woodlands. Sleeps 4; open year round. BodyTalk Energy Medicine and possible yoga sessions. www. lorihollohan.com
• Rolfing JULIA BERG, Certified Rolfer and Rolf Movement Practitioner. 69 Holland Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 0X9. (c) 613-894-3663.
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in Algonquin Medicine Work (Shamanism), Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. 2.5 year professional training program and certificate offered, among the most comprehensive Medicine Work Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com.
• Shamanism ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com. JENNIFER CLARK has completed the 2 year program with the 8th Fire School of Shamanism and combines her shamanism training with her other healing expertise to offer you safe inner healing experiences. Awaken your destiny and live the life you were meant to live. Space clearing also available. Visit www.jenniferclark.ca or call 613.297.2850 KATHLEEN LEESON RH, is a Shamanic Healer and Clinical Herbalist, since 1995 treating physical and energetic-based problems. I offer Shamanic processes in order to alter unwanted experiences or memories at the root of disease. If needed, we may do Extraction, Soul Retrieval or other types of repair work to restore balance. I also design appropriate light-and life-filled botanical formulations for your health, if needed. I am available for one-on-one appointments in downtown Ottawa at 613-237-1473. I also offer the Wisdom and Happiness Program: Fulfilling Your Life’s Purpose, in order to aid soul growth. Visit www.kathleenleeson.ca Facebook: Kathleen Leeson RH Ascension Healing – Full-time Crystal Shamanic Healing Practice: Crystal Healing, Soul Retrieval, Entity Extraction, Ancestral Healing, Space Clearing ▪ 2-year Certification Training Program in Crystal Shamanism ▪ Crystal Workshops ▪ Sacred Travel ▪ Crystal Store: Geodes, Crystals, Jewelry, Books, Shamanic Supplies. Karen Osborne: www.ascensionhealing.ca,
613-798-2828 firstname.lastname@example.org LINDA ENERGY HEALER. Combining natural healing & intuitive gifts along with 8th Fire School of Algonquin Shamanism training, my healing sessions clear emotional & physical pain from childhood issues, abuse, anxiety, grief, divorce & accidents at the root level. In person or distance with clients worldwide. Serving people & pets. Please call 613-868-8468 or email email@example.com or visit www. lindaenergyhealer.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu, Reflexology, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 JURLIQUE - The Purest Skin Care on Earth Organic, Biodynamic, Australian. Holistically formulated, preserving the life force and vibration of natural herbs, enhancing potency to rejuvenate your skin. Luscious aromas. Gayle Mickelson 830-5764 HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN provide organic skin care product that purifie the skin - incorage skin self regulate. 613-526-1255.
• Soul Integrated Hypnotherapist “YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED… YOU JUST DON’T SEE IT YET!” Shelley G. Rector. Contact Shelley now to create the life you want. 613-857-6674 shelley@ shelleyrector.com All calls & appointments are held in the strictest of confidence.
• Spa Days HEALING SPA DAYS with Rica Gerhardt incl. Aqua Chi Detox footbath. 613-257-8362 www. wellbeingisyours.com
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices., reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
DIRECTORY YOU CAN RECOVER FROM CODEPENDENCE. Your guide and spiritual counsellor, Deanna Rutherford, invites you to call for a consultation – 613-829-9102
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium FIND OUT HOW LOVED ONES ARE DOING on the other side and more. Kerry Palframan RN www.indigodreamer.com
• Stress Management COUNSELLING AND LIFE COACHING: 819455-2397; www.waterfrontwellness.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www. inspiritworks.com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi Weekly Tai Chi (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Sunday from 1:30-3 pm. Suited for intermediate and advanced practitioners. For more info call Jurgen Portz at 613-721-7888 or PS at 613-761-9642.
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, email@example.com TAROT CARD consultant/educator/entertainer. This time-honoured art enhances the understanding of life’s mysteries with integrity. Perk: readings are notoreous for bringing happy tears and smiles! Individual/group consultations; lectures; workshops and private tutoring available. Gift certificates. Katherine is back! (613) 421-0743 TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I no longer . Read at Oh So Good Cafe but have moved to a home practice & house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977
TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne.duc1@ gmail.com to arrange an appointment.
• TFT A NON-INVASIVE, DRUG-FREE simple therapy, to resolve once and for all problems of: Grief, anger, anxiety, phobias, traumas, fears of all kind, love pain, depression and much more. Phone Pauline Natural Health Consultant 613-446-4434
• Thai Massage Lori MacKay RMT, CAMA - Looking for a way to reduce stress and relax? Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. Convenient downtown location: 418 Rideau St. Please Call (613)-241-3434. For More Info Contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, effective pain relief, supports healing on any level. For acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will also treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNORecognized Practitioner, 613-820-4303 or email@example.com
• Therapeutic yoga THERAPEUTIC YOGA. If you have hips, shoulders or knees that prevent you from doing things you used to do; if you are suffering with pain that won’t simply go away; if you are an athlete with a desire to improve your personal performance; or if you simply want to learn how to move better and get on with your life in a healthier more fluid way ~ this form of yoga is for you! Improving mobility, flexibility, increasing stability and strength in the body are the focus of these private Therapeutic Yoga sessions. Call Maureen Fallis for a free consultation. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649 yogaTHRIVE© is a Therapeutic Yoga program designed specifically for people (men & women) who have an experience with cancer (on & off treatment). This gentle style of yoga, offered weekly on a drop-in basis, will help improve body mechanics, breathing, ease, flexibility and strength. www.surroundcircleyoga.com * 613-730-6649
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person
or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Vegetarian Cooking and Catering VEGETARIAN, SUGAR-FREE AND GLUTENFREE FOODS, Made Locally In Ottawa. Catering For Home/offices. Wholesale For Health/Good Food Stores And Cafes. www.vegetariantreasures.com 613-241-4822.
• Visceral Manipulation Denise Gaulin, B.A., CST offers visceral manipulation sessions for adults, children and infants. She is a certified CranioSacral therapist and has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health.
• Visionary Art SPIRITPAINTING® – using the Lightwolf method. Offering workshops, exhibitions, books, reproductions, and originals on paper and larger pieces on canvas. Commissioned spiritpaintings® and readings are also available. For more information contact: Jen 613-266-8063 firstname.lastname@example.org or see www. spiritpainting.com
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758.
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www. revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email email@example.com. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO ‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Weight Management IDEAL PROTEIN WEIGHT LOSS METHODDOWNTOWN OTTAWA. Quick & healthy protocol with proven long-lasting results.
One-on-one coaching helps you reach your goal & teaches you how to keep the weight off forever. Marilee Kennedy, Coach. James St. Wellness Centre. 613-898-3937. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.idealprotein. com LOVE YOUR BODY WORKSHOP ~ discover the power of proven hypnosis techniques to easily re-pattern your thoughts, beliefs, habits about food, your body & yourself. Imagine what it would feel like to make friends with your body - forever. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, firstname.lastname@example.org and www.aileensoasis.com. Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 KERRY PALFRAMAN RN offers a wide variety of esoteric, metaphysical, spiritual and personal growth topics, including: angels, spirit guides, past lives, intuition, dreams, chakras, your soul’s purpose and much more. www.indigodreamer.com
• Yoga ASTANGA YOGA OTTAWA Traditional Astanga Vinyasa Yoga as taught in Mysore, south India. 200-1/2 Bank Street Ottawa 613-722-6860 astangaottawa.com HEALING YOGA, GENTLE YOGAª: For those seeking healing postures, peaceful meditation, flexibility and inner balance, an intimate class environment, and the healing vibration of the Symphonic Gong. 10-week packages available. To reserve, call: Wendy Saunders, Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher and Certified Kundalini and Yin Yoga Instructor, 613-435-0750, email@example.com, Stittsville.
MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRES serving Nepean and Kanata. Over 25 classes per week. Hot Power, Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Basics and All Levels. Workshops and teacher trainings. Start today. www.mountaingoatyoga.com SURROUND CIRCLE YOGA A delightful place to practice and receive the healing benefits of YOGA! Classes are small enough for individual attention and diverse enough for all levels of fitness and abilities. New students are always welcome. We offer a variety of classes on a drop-in basis: from a slower-paced gentle class to a more challenging flow-style of vinyasa yoga. We specialize in classes that are aimed at restoring the body and refreshing the soul. Private instruction for Therapeutic Yoga and Shiatsu & Lymphatic Massage are available by appointment. www.surroundcircleyoga.com *613-730-6649. PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE A clean, fresh, beautiful and healing environment for your Yoga practice. PranaShanti offers one of the largest selections of yoga classes in Ottawa. Located near the Parkdale Market, 52 Armstrong St., PranaShanti offers over 70 yoga classes and workshops per week: Anahata, Ashtanga, Children’s, Dharana, Flow, Gong Meditations, Hatha, Hot, Hot 26, Kundalini, Meditation, Power, Pre-natal, Yin, Yang, Yoga Basics, specialty workshops, Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Programs and more. Featuring an eco-friendly professionally designed environment with 3 large yoga rooms, spa-like change rooms with ample showers, yogi tea/juice bar, full service boutique for all your yoga lifestyle needs, over 100 free parking spaces and easy bus access. Complimentary tea served all day, every day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit. Free eNewsletter, 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www. pranashanti.com RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE. www.ottawayoga.com/ 342 Gladstone Ave 613.234.7974.We have been providing yoga classes in a beautiful and nurturing environment since 1994. Choose from over 100 drop-in classes per week, plus several weekly workshops and a diversity of yoga teacher training opportunities. Practice the following styles of yoga: Ashtanga, Baptiste, Baby & Mom, Bikram, Hatha, Hot, Kripalu, Kundalini, Power, Prenatal, Sivananda, Therapeutic, Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Yin/Yang and Yoga Nidra. The Rama Lotus Yoga Centre is one of the largest studios in Canada. There are 4 spacious yoga rooms, and seven changing rooms for your comfort. Come relax and connect with others in our dedicated community space, and have a cup of complimentary tea. Our boutique offers a full line of yoga accessories, yoga clothing, related books, DVDs, CDs, meditation props, jewelry, snacks and other lifestyle items. We offer yoga with the intention of uplifting the global community. We invite you to become part of the Rama Lotus Yoga Centre! RADHA YOGA CENTRE, www.radha.org/ 617 Cooper St. at Bay/ 613.236.3545. Hatha,
Kundalini, Dream Yoga, Noon Meditation, Hatha Yoga and Reflection, weekly Satsang, Monthly Karma Yoga, fall workshop: Discover Yourself through Karma Yoga. ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Specializing in KUNDALINI Yoga: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Begin. & Interm. drop-in classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by professionally certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Private classes; Personalized HealthLongevity-Vitality Program; Yogic Numerology readings; professional Nutrition & Homeopathic consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Vedic cooking classes; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreats; Concerts; Gong relaxation evenings; Pre-natal friendly yoga; Sunrise Kundalini Sadhana; Eng. & French classes; Books, CDs, DVDs, soaps, teas, mats, clothes. We are the Yoga gem of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189. Free Report on-line. Sadhana monthly; Bhangra dance classes; English & French classes; Yoga books, CDs & DVDs; Bath products; Yoga mats/ bags. The Yoga Gem of Ottawa East. www. AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189 SHANTI YOGA - Infinite time and no ambition; based on the work of Vanda Scaravelli, Shanti yoga is a process of reverent awareness, making strong connection with the earth, following the natural breath and allowing the body to release in it’s own wisdom. Beginner, Intermediate and Prenatal classes at Santosha Westboro (235-5378) and Dovercourt (798-8950). Anne Pitman, Namaste and Yoga Alliance certified. www.annesyoga.com SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa)as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. YOGA & TEA STUDIO. LOCATED ON 10 ACRES OF LAND in the beautiful village of Carp. Offering over 20 classes a week, located in West Carleton and conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Gentle, Power, Nia Dance, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Family Yoga and more! Monthly Gong meditations, Laughter
Yoga, workshops and special events. Come experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Complimentary tea and cookies after each class as part of our country charm! Beautiful drive, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www. yogaandtea.com PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www. pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Yoga Party (Private) IMAGINE HAVING A YOGA CLASS DESIGNED JUST FOR YOU and your friends. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Whether you need or want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your body or bring a sense of ease and calm to your mind, whatever you desire, whatever you need ~ you will surely receive! To arrange a private yoga party call Maureen Fallis 613-730-6649. www.surroundcircleyoga.com
• Zenith Omega CATHRYN GREEN Dissolves Emotional, Mental, Physical Blocks, Quickly, Precisely, Directly. Long Distance Available. For Teaching or Clearings firstname.lastname@example.org 613-479-0299 www.cathryngreen.ca
CLASSIFIEDS • For Rent A PROFESSIONAL TEAM providing family related and individual counselling services has a shared office space available for rent in the Hintonburg area. If you would like to join our service environment contact Yvonne at 613-695-6529. STUDIO/ OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE in lovely home near Queen Mary and Vanier pky. 120 sqft, private entrance & powder room. $360.00/ monthly includes internet, & utilities. Quiet, modern, healthy, space with excellent air quality and energy. Please call 613-745-6627 to view. SPACE FOR OFFICE, spa, bodywork etc. Above busy natural health care practice near Byward Market. Four rooms available, two equipped with sinks. $650 or $800/month. For info: email@example.com
• For sale: REBOUNDER FOR SALE. Never used. Was $595; will sell for best offer over $250. Please call 613-726-9002.
Seldom used portable massage table with head rest. Excellent condition. Asking $170.00. Phone 613-733-3033
CLASSIFIEDS • Looking for... WANTED: RMT, At an established (1998) Natural Health Centre. Very reasonable rates and great co-workers Please call Denise: 613-913-2803
LIVE-IN HELP WANTED LOOKING FOR AN INDEPENDENTLY MINDED PERSON needing a safe haven to pursue a project of passion (writing, painting, research...) I would offer you room, board and a reasonable stipend in exchange for a few hours of your time daily in helping me care for my handicapped husband. Essentially, I need assistance when moving him to and from his wheelchair and adjusting his position in bed, about 6 times a day. Our home is comfortable and situated in a quiet neighbourhood in eastern Ottawa near a library, a pool and shopping centres. You would have your own private space (a bedroom and a small studio) and lots of freedom and time to finally pursue that project you hold dear. If interested, please call to set up a meeting. Jeannette & Neil: 613-842-8270
Join us for the very 1st edition of *The Mystical Event*. Come expand your mind and find ways to improve your life physically, emotionally and spiritually. In this warm, beautiful and serene environment, you will be able to explore everything that exists to increase your well-being.
Laura’s Numerology News for March 2013
7. Your mind will be so active that you could actually cause a health disturbance in your body. Do not ignore this. You need to rest and refuel yourself now, as this is a very busy year. Your work or finances could be the cause of these internal stresses. How to calculate your personal monthly number. 8. Is there a new job, a promotion or more money in the Add the day of your birth to the month of wind? This is a very busy month in the area of money your birth. Then you will add the number and career, so do not waste it by taking a vacation. If 9 to your number. NOTE – If your final you do take a trip it should be around business or number adds up to double digits, add the career advancements. It is all about action in March, numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until so move it. you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me 9. Relationship dramas are coming to a close, now. I at firstname.lastname@example.org know that your emotions are very raw, but it is normal for this influence. Find an outlet or cure for them or 1. The perfect use of 2013 is to continue your education you might crash and burn. There is a light at the end or search for a job that has a learning curve attached of the tunnel, and next month you will see a bit of it. to it. Do something new and special for your self his month. This is a “YOU” year.. The word of the year LAURA YOUNG IS AN INTUITIVE is “Zen”. NUMEROLOGIST AND CORE BELIEF 2. Income and business dealings slow down this month. MODIFICATION COACH. SHE IS LOCATED IN Fear not, it is temporary. Focus on your relationships, OTTAWA, BUT CAN CONDUCT PHONE OR both personal and business. Take care of details SKYPE CONSULTATIONS ANYWHERE. FOR and work on developing new contacts. Patience is PERSONAL CONSULTATIONS PLEASE EMAIL: required. HYPERLINK email@example.com OR CALL 613-725-7232. 3. Get rid of the crud that is blocking your path or clogging your drain, and prepare to start new endeavors in April. This is a super influence for sales promotions, public speaking, writing or travelling. 4. Get organized and make your plans solid, now. It is all about work and duty, so keep your focus. You are now laying your foundations for the next 9 years Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy cycle, so make sure they are rock solid. Practicing and Teaching Stellar 5. Your emotions are raw this month. Watch your and Vedic Astrology mouth, and be extremely careful what you say, and who you say it to. You might get in to all kinds of Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, crazy trouble. Take an extra yoga class to calm your Relationship and Family. jumpy nerves. Teaching meditation 6. Use this month to get busy and start any creative work around the house. Painting or redecorating Individual service as well as follow-up queries your pad is the perfect use of March. The kids/ 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9 family will be in your face in March, so take a break 737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973 from work and have some fun with them, too.
AT AN ESTABLISHED NATURAL HEALTH CENTRE
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Very reasonable rates and great co-workers
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
Please call Denise: 613-913-2803 50
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
for Information call 613-521-9711
Church of Perfect Liberty Fall Down 7 Times, Get Back up 8
id you know that we have a branch here in Ottawa. We do, and it was my joy to discover it about a year and a half ago. It is located at 1010 Hunt Club Road. If you are traveling from Hunt Club to Bank it is on the right hand side of the road. I would love to have you join me (Dymoon) in the discovery of this wonderful & diverse community.
“William Trotter briefly describes his experiences in following the teachings of PL (Perfect Liberty Kyodan, known in the English speaking world as the Church of Perfect Liberty. He reveals a religion that is more like a way of life, which emerged from the Buddhist culture of Japan early in the 20th century. The Church of Perfect Liberty is now an international religion that exists to achieve world peace. Perfect Liberty (more commonly known as PL) guides its members in using and focusing the latent spiritual power and abilities that we all possess to assist them in improving their daily lives. PL believes that “life should be enjoyable” and helps people to lead fulfilled, happy lives. If we continue helping people in this way, and all work together in harmony, world peace can become a reality.” Taken from A Unique Spiritual Journey book is available at the church.
At Perfect Liberty we celebrate Thanksgiving every 21st of the month. Should the 21st be on the week-end, the services is at 10, if it falls on a week night, it is at 7PM. The church is open every day from 9 AM to 6 PM. Feel free to come to the church to receive consultations with the Ministers or receive Oyashikiri Prayer. Languages spoke, Japanese, English and Portuguese. Or call us, someone is always available to speak with you 613 225-1850 www.perfectliberty.ca
by Eryn Kirkwood, MA, RYT500
ight years ago I was legally blind. Getting up in the morning meant a long stretch for my glasses to see the bedside alarm; an ambitious night out required bottles of solution, soaps and cleansers, kits and caboodles–an entire ritual that involved assaulting my eyes. For my 28th birthday, I decided to take a risk, and I was blessed with 20/20 vision—a miraculous event that we know today as Eye Laser Surgery. In 5 minutes I went from being legally blind to having perfect sight. What’s even more intriguing than the seemingly infinite capacity of today’s modern technology is that it took months before I stopped pushing those glasses up my nose. Months of pushing, months of remembering, pushing, remembering, until eventually, one day, I just stopped. The experience of having sight had finally trumped the “reality” of not seeing clearly. Although the change took only 5 minutes, full acceptance of the change took months, even though it was a positive one! Have you ever pushed those imaginary glasses up your nose? Do you hold beliefs and conditions that are long expired? Are negative mental habits limiting your dreams, stifling your potential? Are there areas in your life where, perhaps, you’re not seeing clearly? It takes time, practice, and patience to remember our strength. You need commitment, dedication, and perseverance to show up on the mat, to show up in your life in a way that demands the true excellence of who you are. Don’t stop. Whether it be a New Year’s resolution or a lifealtering leap of faith, set the bar high and don’t stop reaching. A great philosopher once said, “It matters not if you fall, what matters is that you keep getting back up.” And that takes courage. With every new day, we’re given the opportunity to choose who it is we want to be. Every moment of every day we have a choice: to follow-through or turn back. For what it’s worth, here’s my two cents: Choose wisely. Don’t settle. Your future awaits you. You’re worth it. Eryn Kirkwood, MA, RYT500, offers private yoga consultations and group classes in the Nepean area. A full list of services can be found at www. ErynsYoga.com. For more information or to send comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.857.0221. I’d love to hear from you!
OPEN HOUSE Wednesday April 10, 2013 Club Aventure 115 Parent Ave. 6 to 7:30 pm
What do these conditions have in common? Thyroid, Concussions, Misaligned Bones, Tumours, Abscesses, Migraines, and Chronic Pain all have the distinct Possibility of complete healing with Quantum-Touch Therapy Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch Therapy Practitioner/ Instructor, Empathic Life Coach
Come learn about Yoga Travels tours to Bhutan, Sikkim and Bali Sept. & Oct. 2013 Mar. & Apr. 2014 “Refreshments Served”
RSVP - 613-789-8000 or www.yogatravels.ca 1-613-883-5850
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
In Ottawa serving Ontario & Western Quebec
Holistic Wellness Coach Aileen McKenna
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist Certified Small Group Facilitator Certified Eco-Village Design Consultant Certified Facilitator – Open Space Technology
Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272 613-795-3751
email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com
2013 Spiritpainting® Workshops Spring Basic Spiritpainting: March 29, 9:30–4:30: Students learn the steps of Basic Lightwolf Spiritpainting method on paper for themselves. Healing Colour Guided meditation. Colour Theory and Chakra Theory. Prerequisite: An Open mind and willingness to learn Practitioner Spiritpainting®: March 30, 9:30–4:30: How to do Spiritpaintings for others and how to interpret them using applications of Theories: Symbology, Elements, Chakras, Vibrational Medicine, Luscher Color Test. Guided meditation. Prerequisites: Basic Spiritpainting® Advanced Spiritpainting®: Two Days: March 31, April 1, 9:30–4:30: Students learn the process to complete Spiritpaintings on canvas. Learn Wrap-around stretching of canvas over a wooden bar frame. Also stretching paper using an advanced technique with paper tape. Prerequisite: Basic Spiritpainting® Certificates are provided for graduates. Cost per day is $158.00 and for two days is $288.00 (includes all supplies and Manual) Workshops are held in Manotick. To register call Jen (613) 266-8063 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.spiritpainting.com for more info
s I sit and ponder various conditions I have worked with over the many years, I am thinking about clients presenting with such conditions as migraines, stroke, constipation, back pain, depression and more recently rotator cuff damage, thyroid problems and I consider that whatever the acknowledged need clients arrive with, they always feel much better as they leave following each session at Aileen’s Oasis. Regularly, I work with clients who are experiencing difficulties enjoying life due to the degree of pain or disability that obstructs even the simplest of activities they had formerly enjoyed. Clients find levels of relief and are able to recapture a quality of life on which they had given up. Healing with hands-on techniques and energy creates that unique opportunity to find a version of wellbeing that for some has been elusive since earliest childhood, and the level of creativity, quality of sleep, high level of joy and ease of movement are just some of the results I observe amongst my clients. I am often astonished by the impact of my work, as I feel shifting taking place as my hands rest upon the heads of my clients and I feel the energy moving. As I feel the cranial bones moving beneath my hands on clients who have been in an accident when they had a head injury or a whiplash I can only rejoice knowing that change is happening without knowing exactly what that may look like later. Or as I work on someone with a thyroid condition and feel the various glands at the back of the head in the occipital area moving as I hold the space, and the major movements as I hold my hands on front and back of the neck and feel the releasing of tension at the back of the neck. I’m always surprised when the session has been completed and observe the total relaxation on their faces and astonishment in their voices as they move from lying on the table to sitting up and experience the new feeling from having a shift take place in that part of their body where so much discomfort had previously been experienced. As I do my work, which is a very gentle clearing modality, the results of the injuries or in the case of inflammation, I can feel the changes taking place under my hands, but I don’t truly know what has happened until the session is complete and sometimes I need to wait until after several sessions and my client has completed a visit with their doctor or dentist as in the case of several clients who came to me, one with gum disease and the other with an abscessed gum somewhere that had been causing problems for several years requiring extensive procedures and was to require another procedure. I could feel the tension releasing in the cheek as I worked on following a visit to the dentist was told that the abcess was healing and would probably not require any more work. Rotator cuff damage is another issue I seem to have become the go to person for as I have now worked with several clients who have been diagnosed and are awaiting a surgical appointment when I initially work with them. I feel the muscles move in the arm and upper back, as well as often in the forearm as the muscles begin to put themselves back together and to heal. Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She teaches classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more that 20 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen. email@example.com or you can check our her website at www.aileensoasis.com and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secrets Your Body Reveals - by Patricia Wall
very ache and pain, every illness or accident, reveals a message from your body about a conflict in your personal values. When you are conflicted, your body is the battleground. Internal conflicts occur when you are torn about what is right or wrong, or torn about priorities. Should you work late, or make it home to put your kids to bed? Should you call your mother when she’s sure to criticize and you’ve got a presentation that needs confidence? Should you buy tires, or try to make the ones on your car last another year – and is that decision different if your teenager has a shiny new license? Should you drag yourself to the gym or stay home and veg? Any time you have a should in your mind, it’s a conflict that can result in a physical problem. Physical problems occur when a specific type of should recurs, and the body is worn to the point of damage by the ongoing conflict. It is the type of emotion involved in the should that determines the type of physical problem that occurs. You may feel the guilt of obligation, or the sadness of seeking approval, or the threat of a tight budget, or the fears of parenting by the seat of your pants - whatever the emotion that occurs with your conflict, it will determine what your body has to say about being a battleground. One of the most common symptoms of internal conflict is fat. For example, someone who feels they can never do enough to please people will have a belly roll. Someone who feels intimidated by the demands of other people will have saddlebag hips. The difference is subtle, and the body reveals the underlying emotion. Physical problems often reveal blocked psychic abilities. Fibro Myalgia is the disease of empaths who have not learned shielding. Mediums who have not learned to keep their body sacred to prevent intrusions will develop sleep disorders. Many psychics who were taught young to block their abilities will have physical problems because of trapped energy. Depression occurs when you are trapped by tribal requirements that can’t be met, or keep changing. For example, if you come from a family that values white-collar achievement, but you were born to be a musician, you are surrounded by an unspoken demand to be something else – unmeetable requirements. You might end up with clinical depression because you set a standard for yourself that can’t be met by a human, like perfection. Obviously disorders like bulimia can have similar, but distinct, roots. Strokes are caused by integrity. Who would guess such a thing? Bring your ailments to the upcoming SFC events to learn what causes your physical problems, and tools to help you release the underlying issues so that your body can heal. Discover what your body reveals.
Thursday, March 7, (7:15-9:00 p.m.) Talk: Patricia Wall. Some readings, and answering questions with some meditations and tools as things emerge. • Why the body holds issues in tissues, and how ailments are energy blocks. • Audience interaction - ask about their specific ailments. Each answer will address the person, and also provide a general statement about the type of block their ailment presents. • Finally, a Campfire meditation to ‘call out’ the body part holding the issue so their subconscious can tell them directly what is going on. Campfire is usually about 20 minutes. The Ottawa Citizen, 1101 Baxter Rd. (donations welcome) Saturday, March 16 (1 - 4 pm) Workshop with Patricia Wall. • Teaching scanning techniques of various kinds, possibly in groups. • Audience interaction, giving people insight on what their particular ailment is about. • Presenting a variety of modalities for perspective, e.g. chakras, Chinese medicine, Japanese meridians – different schools have different ‘rules’ for what an ailment means -- Unlock, bulk clearing, karma, genetics, tools to use at home etc. Location: Hintonburg Community Centre, (1-4 pm) 1064 Wellington St. ($20.) April 2013 Thursday April 4 (7:15-9:00 pm) TALK: Music with Pamela Holm Saturday April 20 (1-4 pm) WORKSHOP: Music with Pamela Holm More details in next Tone and on our SFC website
www.SpiritualFrontiers.ca ~ Let us continue to grow spiritually together! ~
All are welcome to our events. For volunteering please contact email@example.com or phone 613-724-6021
Dora Joseph, Article and Program Coordinator, SFC Volunteer
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa)
Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
It’s back and better than ever!
THE ULTRA IMMUNE BOOSTER Guaranteed to get you back to good health or your money back The Ultra Immune System Booster technology has the ability to re-invogorate the sparks of life in your organs and your digestive system like nothing ever seen before. • give your body the energy and strength it needs • your liver will work much fast and stronger • the Booster has the ability to fight most diseases • your body will heal much faster than before • no more stomach and irritable bowel discomfort • your digestive system will improve quickly • prolong your life • new bio-electronic technology designed to save even critically ill people.
The Ultra Immune Booster will not affect your current treatments that you are using. This technology is not available anywhere else but in the Ottawa Area.
613-884-8920 It’s time to revitalize your body!
Discussions about Information Systems and Feng Shui Do you have an interest in Information Systems and Feng Shui and would like to have a discussion with others in this field? Information systems provide information (feedback) on the operations of the system to management for the direction and maintenance of the system (control), as it exchanges inputs and outputs with its environment.
Feng Shui Octagon showing the nine Life Areas. In the following sections, I go through each of the Areas along with their life associations and other important correlations. You can also include correlations for the business world in case you want to place the Octagon on your floor plan at work or in your home office.
For other discussions such as Structural Libraries, Categories, Quadrants, please contact Markam: WWENWW@gmail.com or 613-526-3064
The Power of Reminiscence Creative Writing Christina Warrysh, MA, CCC www.lifetreecounselling.com
• Gain perspective on the relationships between the events and people in your life, • Uncover your hidden strengths, • Find the peace and clarity you have been looking for,
- A Different Kind of Memoir o you ever hear yourself say “Time Flies!”? One season turns into the next, work demands increase, you have family responsibilities, and with the hectic pace of life you suddenly realize that you are missing out on the important things. We can’t stop time, but we can take a moment to reflect and reconnect with ourselves. Memoir writing is an effective tool in helping to explore where you have come from, where you are today, and what you hope for tomorrow.
The Process and Benefits Reviewing and reflecting on your life through significant themes can help you share your unique experiences and feelings, as well as assist in developing meaningful connections with others. Together we can find strengths in past challenges and offer shared guidance from authentic experience. Seeing who you are now as a result of where you have come from, can help set personal and professional goals for the future and determine how you can achieve them. The way you see your life, the world, and how you reflect on memories is unique to the person you are today. As your life changes so can your perspective. Why not take some time to capture the “You” of today. Ten years from now you might be surprised with what you uncover. Through various individual writing exercises and creative prompts, significant themes will be explored and shared in a supportive group setting that offers constructive feedback and positive encouragement in a non-judgmental environment. By exploring a variety of life themes through writing you will:
• Develop a greater understanding of the meaning and purpose of your life. • Whatever life stage you are at, the power of reminiscing is applicable to you. Take some time out this spring and reconnect with you. Everyone has a story- at Life Tree Counselling, we want to hear yours. Memoir Writing Workshop Spring 2013: “A Different Kind of Memoir” TWO LOCATIONS: April 4 to May 23 Thursdays @ McNabb Community Centre. April 2 to May 27 Tuesdays @ The Manotick Legion Life Tree Counselling is offering an 8 week workshop designed to help participants review and reflect on different life themes through creative writing exercises in a supportive and positive group setting. All ages are welcome. “Explore the past to enrich the present.” FMI: www.lifetreecounselling.com under workshops.
Rosemary Murray-Lachapelle, Jungian Analyst, ML.S., M.A. Dipl. Analyt. Psych.
Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts, International Association of Analytical Psychology
Spellbound by Medication? by Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist
any of us have watched family members and friends swallowed up by the medication machinery and observed a subtle - and often times not-so-subtle - decline in their emotional and physical health as they become seemingly unable to properly assess the reality of their situation. There is a scientific explanation for this. The term Medication Spellbinding was coined by international expert in psychiatric treatment, psychoactive drugs and the current epidemic of medication-induced disability and violence in North America, Dr. Peter Breggin. Medication Spellbinding refers to the drug-induced inability of a patient to realize that their psychiatric drugs have blunted their emotions and self-awareness, created an artificial apathy or euphoria and interfered with recall and concentration. In most cases, patients are oblivious to their mood changes, negative thinking patterns, increased aggression or deepening depression and agitation, and the longer on the medications, the more pronounced the inability. While the patient’s moods and perceptions have been artificially altered, patients cannot feel or perceive the underlying mental condition they sought assistance with in the first place. Despite this loss of ‘self’, doctors often claim there is an ‘improvement’. As a result of Medication Spellbinding, relationships deteriorate, sexual interest wanes, tardive dyskinesia (involuntary eye/facial tics) emerges, chronic illnesses set in and a general feeling of malaise pervade patient’s lives to the point of affecting their judgment and reasoning. (Medication Madness by Dr. Peter Breggin, pages14, 15, 18, 21, 27)
As Breggin explains, “The braindisabling principle states that all the physical treatments in psychiatry – medication, electroshock and lobotomy – have their primary or ‘therapeutic’ effect by causing malfunctions in the brain and the mind that are then misidentified as “improvements”. Spellbinding more specifically builds on a brain-disabling corollary, which states that patients receiving medications and other mind-altering treatments “often display poor judgment about the positive and negative effects of the treatment on their functioning”.” Medication Spellbinding makes an individual unable to realize the degree to which a drug has made them violent, irrational, suicidal, anxious and agitated or even sleepy, undermining judgment and reason…just as seen with alcohol toxicity. For drug-free, label-free assistance with all emotional/mental issues, including depression, anxiety, fears, addictions, PTSD and unwanted habits, there is every reason to consider seeking the assistance of a qualified regression hypnotherapist first. Qualified hypnotherapy treatment includes assisting clients, not only to heal from their original underlying emotional issues safely, but to ensure they understand the medication machinery they are trapped in and providing the resources and support every patient needs to wean off harmful medications in a fully informed and confident manner. Grace Joubarne, CCHt: main office, Ottawa; p/t office Belleville ON. 613-422-7027, toll-free 1-888-390-3553 firstname.lastname@example.org www.graceplacewellness.com
Natural Beauty & Health Clinic Where Healing Art ancient tradition and modern Natural Health science merged together Since 1997
• Lymph Drainage and Professional Massage • Ear Candling • Energy Healing: Reiki Initiations and Training • Non-surgical Facelift and Natural Esthetic Services • Acne and sensitive skin Organic solutions • The Green Panacea, a powerful antioxidant All types of medical insurance accepted Book your appointment NOW 613-526-1255 www.naturalclinic.ca email@example.com
FREE Natural Health Seminar
Reducing High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Naturally Sunday March 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM * How high blood pressure, cholesterol and hypertension can aﬀect a good heart * How to evaluate and diagnose high blood pressure and cholesterol naturally * Known and unknown risk factors for developing high blood pressure and cholesterol
Dr Sajid Ali
(613) 745 3418 Registration required Free event
DNM, DHS, MD(AM), DMHS
570 Montreal Road Ottawa K1K 0T9
What Is Spiritual Healing?
Medical science developed on a physical and material plane and the cure of sickness and its symptoms was piritual Healing is Restoring a person, animal or achieved by pills, potions and surgery. In 1875 the injured body part to a healthy, balanced condition. theosophist Helena Patrovna Blavatsky taught the use When the physical form is out of balance, we begin to of mind in curing the body. Psychology developed feel the effects as dis-ease. This manifests in various into a science and Psychiatry was the name given to ways such as physical illness, abnormal tiredness, pain, the treatment of the mind. In addition, psychoanalysis, discontent, anger, jealousy and depression. When hypnotism and occupational therapy all played their a person receives spiritual healing, it begins with the part in the new kind of healing. higher levels of one’s being, the soul and emotional This was a great advance but did not go far enough. areas and reaches into the physical to restore balance and As humans are not a Bi-Unity (Body and Mind) but a harmony, thereby reducing the emotional discomfort Tri-Unity (Body, Mind and Spirit), they must be treated and the physical pain. as this compound of body, mind and spirit in order to deal effectively with sickness. More modern times brought a world-renowned spiritualist Our mandate is not just to educate, but also to train our leaders of the future. healer, Harry Edwards who became involved with absent healing as well as contact healing throughout the Second World War. After the war he became a full time healer and established the Sanctuary at Shere in England, where, even after his death in 1976, it still carries on his legacy of spiritual and distant healing. Other respected spiritual healing organizations include the National Federation of Spiritual Healers Many individuals ask what is the difference between a healing and a cure According to the Twelve Stages of (NFSH) which was formed in 1955 in Britain and now Healing: A Network Approach to Wellness by Donald goes under the name of The Healing Trust. In Canada Epstein, Omega Institute, NY, Healing is being made we have the Association of Spiritual Healers of Alberta, more whole. It has nothing to do with whether or not (AHSA) which incorporated in 1993 and Australia has a symptom or disease goes away. A person can have the Australian Spiritual Healers Association WA Inc., a disease and yet still receive healing and become (ASHA) founded in 1964. more whole as the physical, emotional, and spiritual Spiritual culture is both being and doing. How many connections become greater. A spiritual healer times have we heard the phrase – “We are spirit having channels Divine healing energy through the hands an earthly experience?” Spiritual healing integrates this after centering and grounding themselves and offered belief. Right thought, right action, right living and right up a prayer or affirmation. A Cure on the other hand, eating are the main factors in a person’s health. When involves judgment that something is wrong and needs a person is treated as a trinity of body, mind and spirit to be put right. he or she will return to the wholeness of being that is Being aware of the history of Spiritual Healing can sought. This philosophy and understanding is better help bring a better perspective to what may or may known as Holistic Healing. not occur during a session with a Spiritual Healer. We are all healers. We just need to come from our The Essenes, who lived during the last two or three heart centre and be willing to be of service. centuries BC and the first century of the Christian era around the area of the Dead Sea in Palestine and Lake Submitted by: Mareotic in Egypt, transmitted the teachings of the Gillian Pearlstone, Director of Healing, ageless wisdom, traces of which can still be found in Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre. most religions. Healing was considered an integral part of the Church’s work. Jesus looked upon His Healing Hands on Healing Courses are being Ministry as an integral part of His whole work. Healing offered and will begin Saturday, March 9th was felt to be a gift of the spirit and if a layman was from 1 – 4 p.m. found to have the gift of healing, it was considered to be an indication of the choice of that person by the Holy For further details, please visit our website Spirit for ordination. at: www.ottawaspiritualpathways.com
Interfaith Ministry Program
Canadian-German Book Release Autumnus Verlag ISBN 978-3-938531-75-4
Jasper‘s Journey to the Yoga-Animals
Jasper’s Journey to the Yoga-Animals/ Jaspers Reise zu den Yoga-Tieren
asper wants to find out what yoga means and decides to go on an adventurous journey to Animal Country“ in order to find out. As he meets many different animals along the way, he learns about different aspects of yoga. He explores asanas www.autumnus-verlag.de with the apes, the caterpillar, the ISBN 978-3-938531-75-4 hedgehog and the lion, practices deep breathing with the huge whale and reflects on some kid-friendly presented aspects of yoga philosophy with the snail and the penguin family in the antarctic.
Jasper‘s Journey to the Yoga-Animals
Jaspers Reise zu den Yoga-Tieren
Inga Bohnekamp / Sharmi Trivedi
Jaspers Reise zu den Yoga-Tieren Inga Bohnekamp / Sharmi Trivedi
His bilingual journey - the book can be read in English from one side and in German from the other - is accompanied by lovely black-and-white-drawings (to be coloured by the young readers and listeners!) by the Toronto-based artist Sharmi Trivedi.
355 St. Laurent Blvd. 613-288-2274
Beautiful home décor ideas; crystals Workshops, Tibetan and quartz singing bowls, gifts, angels, jewellery, space clearing, energy mists and so much more.
Workshops in March 2013
Mar. 2nd; Communicating with Spirit Guides March3rd; Quantum Vortex Healing 10 to 4 pm March 8th; Divine Essence Activation 7 to 9 pm March 9th; Energy Upgrades with Judy Onley March 16; Spirituality Meets Scientific Evidence March 17th Connecting to the Divine Within March 22nd; Movie Night at TAO Crystals March 23rd; Quantum Vortex Healing Part 2 March 29th; Shamballa Certification
The book was published in Berlin, Germany, in November 2012 by the publisher Autumnus Verlag and is now winning more and more fans across Canada ever since the author, Ottawa-based German Child Psychologist (Dipl.-Psych.) and Writer Inga Bohnekamp, introduced it to her community.
IN STORE EVERYDAY TAROT, STARSEED AND CRYSTAL ALLY CARD READINGS CHECK WEBSITE FOR DETAILS Phone and Book your spot 613-288-2274
www.taocrystals.ca www.facebook.com/TAOCRYSTALS March 2013
Lila endorses and recommends programs that are intelligent, helpful and aim to support the wise play of our global community. Go Slowly
Meditation Consultation with
Private consultation available on a by-donation basis
Meditation, Spiritual and Yoga Audio Downloads Available On-line!
a Now available at web-site when you sign up for enews! What is The Essential Skill Set?
It’s “TESS” – Lila’s suggested Skill-Set for life in general!
Sign up at lilacentre.ca
Lila is a sanskrit word meaning that life is a divine play. I invite you to check out Lila On-line for support in learning to play our parts wisely and also to see the following pages for Lila endorsed businesses. Peace & Happiness, Jane / Lila
March 2013613-545-1063 www.lilacentre.ca
Kingston's Original Natural Food Store
4.3” x 3.5”
81 Princess St. Kingston, Ontario 613-546-4439 www.taranaturalfoods.com
Organic Milk Cream Yoghurt &Cheese Fresh Organic Fruits & Vegetables, Macrobiotic Foods Nuts Spices Vitamins & Minerals Peanut Butter
Monday to Thursday:9am-6pm Friday: 9am-8pm Saturday: 9am-5:30pm Sunday: Closed
Barbra Rose Perry, RMT
Juices Teas Fair Trade Coffee Fresh Baked Goods
The Healing Arts Clinic 85 Barrack Street #1 Kingston K7K 1E9 546-0360
Experience Kingston, Ontario
• rhythmic massage matrix repatterning • • cranial therapy • nutri-energetics systems (NES) • osteopathic techniques • SPA CAPSULE
* free delivery within city for orders over $40 (regularly priced items) – deliver to your door, office, desk as you work – within two hours – surcharge may apply for outlying areas in city
2013 is a proud partner ofMarch
61 VISIT KINGSTON!
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor Katherine Willow N.D.
t’s time to think about inner cleansing again as we head toward spring equinox. Canadian weather makes it tricky, with cold temperatures and snow inclining us to heavier foods while the increasing sunlight stimulates our bodies to unload toxins accumulated over the winter. When these conflicting influences are not balanced we can end up with a cold or flu, depending on our constitution and lifestyle. Signs that we are heading in that direction include a diminished appetite, not knowing what to eat and at the same time fighting cravings; bloating and other digestive symptoms; headaches; restless sleep and waking in the wee hours of the morning; irritability and depression; and a heavy sense of fatigue, especially in the mornings.
Here are some tips for balancing in early spring in a cold climate: 1. Start lightening the diet moderately: move from meat and poultry to fish and vegetarian proteins; consume less fat (nut butters, organic butter, cold-pressed oils and coconut oil are good); increase greens— small salads and otherwise cooked; replace wheat with lighter grains such as rice, quinoa, millet and buckwheat; only have one serving of fruit daily as it is still too cooling for this time of year; eliminate or decrease dairy products; avoid obvious culprits such as sugar, white flour, processed foods, alcohol and caffeine as much as possible; limit even healthy sweets for a time. 2. If you are able, replace one meal daily with a protein drink that is room temperature several times weekly, preferably for dinner and then stop eating for the rest of the evening. 3. Drink herbal tea or lemon water (rinse teeth after) first thing in the morning and between meals. Types that stimulate the digestion and cleansing include: ginger, dandelion leaf (root for fall), peppermint and many wonderful detox blends. 4. Make sure bowels are moving regularly. I often suggest bentonite (1 tablespoon) and psyllium (1 teaspoon) mixed quickly in a cup of warm water ½ hour before breakfast as a gentle bowel cleanser. 5. Cleansing is blocked when we are in chronic stress. Consider yoga, learn to meditate, get regular massages or do some emotional resolution to offset the hectic energy of modern life. 6. Add specific cleansing herbs in a low dose: milk thistle, homeopathic detox remedies, cleavers, Alveo, etc. Use 1/3 regular dose in the mornings. All of these actions will lead to gentle cleansing without symptoms in most people. Energy will gradually increase, appetite will sharpen, sleep improves, mood brightens, libido reawakens and mind clarifies.
MARCH EVENTS! at Carp Ridge Natural Health Clinic OPEN HOUSE & FREE TALK
ALL E R GY PRE VE NTION
Saturday, March 16th, 2013 between 1-3pm. with Katherine Willow, ND.
NEXT MIND-BODY HEALING TALK: Thursday, March 21st - 7:00-8:30pm
In the clinic kitchen. $20 payable at time of talk. RSVP!
Staying Healthy through the Seasons Saturday, March 23rd • 9:30 - 3:30 pm
COMING OUT OF HIBERNATION. Early spring cleansing, body, mind & spirit: ways to boost energy and more. Cost per class $120+HST Please visit our website for more information
2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp, just up the hill from where Thomas Dolan intersects with Carp Road.
If we end up with a cold or flu despite our best efforts, the best solution is to move immediately to a liquid diet of hot water, lemon water, broth made of cooked veggies and/or bones from grass-fed animals, room temperature protein drinks and herb teas. Products made from elderberries (Sambucus) have been shown to shorten the length of a flu much more than flu medications. If done right away, one can abort a seasonal illness in a few hours rather than spending miserable days in bed! Cleansing is part of most spiritual paths. Lightening our digestive load allows us to focus on higher levels. This awareness can be accompanied by feelings of lightness, spaciousness and bliss which are strong motivators to continue eating a clean diet and cleansing regularly which in turn helps us find our true selves and contribute happily to the Universe. Katherine is a 4th generation naturopathic doctor who directs a healing centre ½ hour from Ottawa near the village of Carp where people can come to learn about and undertake their own healing. www.ecowellness.com
How to Recognize the Elders Amongst Us
Life in Transition Coach
gism is an undercurrent that we don’t always recognize. Since I’ve been researching and putting together a program and process work on how to transition from adulthood to elderhood, I considered myself rather ‘enlightened’ in ‘seeing’ an Elder, who in my definition, is an old wise person. From the following encounter described next, I realized to what extent we unconsciously judge people passed a certain age. I was waiting at the counter in a store to pay for an article when I noticed the woman who was serving the customer in front of me was arduously calculating something and it was taking her an inordinate amount of time (from my perspective). I noticed that she was likely in her mid- 60’s or older and immediately thought she was very slow because she was too old to be doing this. I realized how automatic that came. If she had been a young person, I would have just thought she was slow. A young woman, about 18 years old, came to the counter and the older woman continued concentrating on her calculations. The young woman said hi and asked a hug from her. She extended her arms and gave her a hug. The young woman said she would come later. The customer whom she was serving in front of me commented she must be her grand-daughter. She replied: ‘oh no, she used to work here and I just encouraged her because her family was too busy. I didn’t think she should spend the rest of her life working in a store and I encouraged her to go back to school which she finally did. She saved the money and went back to school. I probably nagged her too much’. I replied: ‘whatever works!’ The woman in front of me agreed.
613-833-1988 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lifeintransition.ca In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations
Life in Transition Coach
Life in Transition Coach
This older woman said all of this very matter-offactly, like she was commenting on a movie she watched last night. She did not seem to realize the profound Kelders difference she madeThérèse to this young woman. She just did 613-833-1988 it naturally, like there was nothing exceptional about it. She continued email@example.com serving us attentively; taking the time she needed to serve us well. www.lifeintransition.ca If I had not done the research on how society, which In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops means us, view older people (of which I am one at age One-on-one 60), I would not likely have noticed what Consultations an amazing woman she was and the profound difference she made to that young woman who very clearly appreciated her. How many of us truly ‘see’ people we consider old? How often do we just assume they are too slow and should not be ‘seenThérèse nor heard’?Kelders Thérèse Kelders offers one-on-one consultations and 613-833-1988 programs to support people transitioning into their firstname.lastname@example.org third stage of life, from adulthood to elderhood, to www.lifeintransition.ca realize a more meaningful fulfilled life. In-depth Programs
Thérèse KeldersLectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations Life in Transition Coach 613-833-1988 email@example.com www.lifeintransition.ca
Life in Transition Coach
613-833-1988 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lifeintransition.ca In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops One-on-one Consultations
BASIC PRANIC HEALING WORKSHOP MARCH 16 & 17, 2013
No-touch healing that works on the energy body (the blueprint of the physical body). Treats physical injuries & diseases, emotional & mental ailments. Broken bones, migraines, poor You can heal yourself! vision, liver disease, muscle pain, general fatigue, stress, •physical/emotional/psychological ailments anger, PTSD, neurological disorders as well as blocks to career, •improve relationships • heal the past • manifest goals • increase prosperity • increase success relationships and financial success. Maintenance for good • develop spiritually • increase intelligence • Thérèse Kelders health. The list is endless... protect yourself with energy hygiene
Life in Transition Coach
Email or call Faye Healey to book a session email@example.com • 613-282.0801 Visit www.pranichealingontario.ca
613-833-1988 pranichealingontario.ca firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Mar 16-17 (Sat/Sun) 10am-5pm www.lifeintransition.ca $370 Early-bird *Reg $395 (613) 282-0801 Two-Day Workshop (level 1)
In-depth Programs Lectures/Workshops 63 One-on-one Consultations
Learning to Adjust Your Financial Thermostat
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CSWP
odern houses are equipped with furnaces that keep us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The furnace is regulated by the device called the thermostat. If you keep your front door open for 5 minutes when it is minus 20 outside, the thermostat will very quickly tell the furnace to generate heat to get the house back to that pre-set temperature setting. Our financial thermostat works along the same way. I have seen in my career those who earn well over $200,000 per year and do not have a penny to show for their efforts. These people have a very low “wealth setting” on their financial thermostat and, in spite of their high incomes, are incapable of accumulating wealth. Conversely, I have seen people with modest incomes accumulate a remarkable amount of money with relative ease because they have a higher “wealth setting”. Their actions clearly support their positive attitude towards wealth accumulation. Henry Ford went bankrupt three times before finally getting it right! He had a high wealth setting and all of his actions led him to his goal, in spite of the setbacks that he had along the way.
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
Do you want to know at what level your financial thermostat is set at? Have a look around you and observe! Is it easy for you to accumulate wealth? Are you an avid spender or a saver? How much money have you been able to accumulate over the years? Calculate your Net Worth statement if you have never done so before. Quietly observe at what level the financial thermostats of people around you are set at: your siblings, your friends, your co-workers, your children and your spouse! Take a moment to reflect on your past to see what event(s) or what words helped shape your attitude towards financial issues. Did these events have a positive or negative impact on you? I have found that my clients who clearly understand their relationship with money/financial issues will have a much easier time in achieving financial success. You first need to identify your own attitudes and habits towards money/wealth issues. If you are not comfortable at your present level of wealth, then resetting your financial thermostat to a higher level will aid you in being able to accumulate a greater amount of wealth for you and your family. Daniel Roy is the principle instructor of the Ottawa based Praxis Wealth Institute. He conducts workshops and courses that are focused on helping people accumulate and manage their wealth. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca
The Wonder of You! A course for women of self-care and empowerment through meditation and other self-healing processes With Jennifer Bernius
his course is for women who want to learn to truly cherish and care for themselves as a dear friend. And to discover that the love and happiness they’ve looked for in the world lie deep within themselves. The peaceful 8-week sessions offer knowledge, sharing and support, and meditation-based practices that can change your life. They’re designed for women who want to become empowered and realize their own inestimable self-worth. In the five previous courses I’ve taught, many women had issues in common: they focused on others’ needs while sacrificing their own; they often doubted themselves, thinking and feeling in ways that compromised their self-esteem and happiness. They were caregivers who’d never learned to care for themselves. They were burned out from demanding careers that left them little time to do what they wanted. They were mothers who doubted their mothering skills. They were wives and lovers who wondered how to be there for others – and not lose themselves! Here are some of their responses to the courses: • After meditating for only a few weeks, a woman found she no longer felt anxious while grocery shopping. • A woman who had suffered from a medical condition experienced deep rest and healing after she started meditating regularly and putting herself and her own needs first.
• A former nurse started listening to her own feelings that she’d long buried behind a “professional smile.” • Those who felt enslaved by work learned to take more time for themselves, to rest more and attend to their health. • A mother who suffered from a crippling, long-held belief learned that beliefs can be untrue. When she realized that she didn’t need to buy into her belief, she felt “like a weight was lifted from my shoulders.” The course includes: Deep mantra meditation. Regular practice of this powerful, life-changing technique will help you awaken to your value, and let go of beliefs in unworthiness and smallness. Discover relaxation, peace and wellbeing as you release stresses and worries that have robbed you of life’s joys. Feel more vibrantly alive and aware. Your increased clarity of mind will help you see how you diminish yourself through unhelpful thoughts and beliefs. Feel freer, more confident as you learn to think in truthful, more loving ways. Learn to stay more centred and balanced – not overwhelmed by others’ demands! By practicing mindfulness, you’ll be more focused and able to enjoy life in the present moment. Discover how to live from the “inside out,” which allows you to be more innerdirected and authentically yourself. Develop healthier lifestyle choices by learning to care for and love yourself in what you think, feel and do. By writing daily in your kindness journal, you’ll note the many ways you’ve treated yourself kindly. Learn to embrace your emotions as the voice of your inner child. The priceless emotional freedom technique or tapping, along with affirmations, will help you release recurring painful emotions, and choose more loving, truthful ways to think and feel. Jennifer Bernius teaches group, corporate and private classes in yoga-inspired meditation and personal development. The knowledge and practices she’s been teaching for over 25 years have helped many people overcome stress and anxiety, and enjoy more peaceful, fulfilling lives. For information on The Wonder of You! or other courses, call 613-721-3787 or email email@example.com.
Rosemary, that’s for rememberance “Rosemary, that’s for remembrance.” These words from Shakespeare are more telling than you may suspect! Scent is a memory jolter for a very simple reason. The olfactory system runs from the nostrils to the limbic system, which is the most primitive part of the brain, that part which throughout time, has dealt with those most basic needs of hunger, sex and thirst. The limbic system is directly connected to the hypothalamus: the gland that controls so many of the body’s important functions: blood pressure, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, stress levels, hormone balance, and....memory. So it is no wonder that scent is so evocative! The challenge is, of course, that it is also very personal. It may not matter if an essential oil is good for what ails you if you dislike the aroma. Certain essential oils have the reputation of assisting memory. It has been reported that a chemical component of rosemary, 1,8-cineole, is a stimulant for enhanced brain performance. This would not be news to students in ancient Greece: they wore rosemary garlands in their hair to help them remember their lessons. It is possible that part of rosemary’s reputation comes from its ability to increase circulation and strengthen blood vessels.
As You Like It
A weekend of Sacred Circle Dance to celebrate Spring with internationally renowned teacher June Watts
Basil is another herb which has the reputation of assisting the memory. Basil is an ancient herb, revered in India, Greece and China. Basil essential oil is very clearing, and can assist with headaches and brain fogs. It too, stimulates the circulation. Increased blood flow to the brain would definitely help memory. Peppermint might also be a good addition to a blend for memory retention: it has a fresh, revitalizing scent which helps alertness. Sage should also be included in this list for its ability to bring clarity and strengthen awareness. Incidentally, sage has traditionally been used in smudging to clear areas of negative energy and bring in clarity. Sage should not be confused with clary sage, a different plant which is a nervous system tonic and would also be beneficial in a memory blend. Lastly, the addition of any of the citrus oils would be helpful to invigorate and energize. Just imagine breaking the peel on a grapefruit in the morning and you will remember what a fantastic wake-up call it was (see, you are already using scent to evoke memory!). Try this trick and see if it works for you: the next time you are studying for an exam, or trying to remember a list of things to do, place some rosemary on a cotton ball nearby. Later, when you are trying to remember your studies or list, take out your rosemary and see if it helps! As with any essential oil, check with your health care practitioner if you have any condition which might be affected by using essential oils. ©2013 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives workshops on creating natural bodycare and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
April 12th to 14th
Early Bird Registration by March 15th: $240 After March 15th: $260
Contact: Barbara Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org
John of God’s, Chakra Healing Lights
Energy Healing of Mind, Body & Spirit
s energetic beings in physical form we can appreciate John of God’s Chakra Healing Lights as a form of Energy Medicine which will influence our physical-emotional-spiritual body systems. Our energetic system, like the circulatory system, flows through the entire body and it is believed that our health is determined by the overall quality of this energy flow and balance. Imbalances or blockages in the natural flow of this subtle energy field in the body all vibrate at a different frequencies. They are not visible or detectible by traditional western medicine. The can cause illness. chakras can exist in : Dr. Mehmet Oz, O Magazine, says “I think the next big frontier is unlocking the doors to energy medicine. It dramatically broadens our vista of opportunities to heal. The challenge that we have is that energy is not as easily quantified as the surgeon’s scalpel.” Einstein discovered E=mc² in 1905 which proved that everything is energy. Ayurvedic Medicine and Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture and Homeopathy, and even quantum physics offers an explanation for the science behind Energy Medicine. Thousands of studies have been done worldwide, putting to test such modalities, with some amazing results. Oprah recently introduced the world to John of God, a title given to him by those who recognize his status as a person touched by a higher power. He is known to be one of the most powerful mediums and healers in the world. He serves as a channel for many light-spirit entities of deceased surgeons and physicians, who guide his physical body to heal others. Crystal Beds are one of his therapies having his signature stamp, and permission has been given for a Crystal Bed to be here in Ottawa for the community. The crystal bed uses 7 quartz crystals with pulsing colours and vibrational frequencies over the body to clean and strengthen the chakra energy centers.. The crystals sync the chakras to the proper frequency, helping to bring your body back in to balance. While some may fall asleep and others experience slight vibrations, there are also powerful sessions with energy being released and re-tuned. Each session is unique and people don’t necessarily have to feel anything on the body to know that the work is being done. Some people feel a lot more than others because their sense of “feel” is a heightened awareness, just as some people may “see” or “hear” and others don’t. The chakras are 7 basic funnel shaped energy centers, called vortexes, within the human body. Each chakra corresponds to a colour, internal organ or body part, along with corresponding psychological patterns and
1. a state of deficiency (depletion) which is often cool or blue 2. distortion, congestion, and stress (where the flow is blocked above or below it) which is sometimes mistaken as being diagnosed as “over active”. This can also appear often as being represented as being hot or red 3. or in a state of healthy and synchronized interactive flow Disease may manifest in energy terms as an imbalance, a depletion, or a congestion while “treatment” is always aimed at re-balancing and removing stasis to the “natural and healthy” flow of energy which includes purification and opening the congested channels and/ or centers. Let us focus on the 1st chakra, represented by the colour red in the genital area. By dropping in to the body in this area and staying grounded – you can then bring in spirit. This will help to create a natural flow between crown and 1st root chakra, relating to spirit and nature, or spirit and earth. The energy flow goes from the earth up to the sky and down from the sky to the earth, and might be felt as a line of moving energy. We have work to do on ourselves to maintain this connection in order for the energy to flow effectively. Working on this 1st chakra can be called grounding, finding your center, or activating and abiding in “flow”. We can concentrate our grounding with the tailbone going deep into the earth and at the same time extending our line of energy through to the crown, out to the highest point beyond. Between these two prime chakras are two polar strands of DNA, intertwined as it were in a spiral snakelike dance. As we become more aware and conscious of the subtle energy behind so called matter, the more refined and differentiated our awareness becomes. We can then tune-in, as it is with these opened activated eyes that man heals, and any “healing cure” has to be seen essentially as a process of spiritual awakening.
Natural Vision Improvement: Is it for You?
Estelle Saunders OD atural Vision Improvement (NVI) is gentle, non-invasive and similar to classical yoga in that it is designed specifically to reduce eyestrain by utilizing exercises that are variously stimulating and relaxing to the body, eyes and mind. This is achieved with dynamic and passive relaxation, as well as movement and special exercises to enhance eye-teaming. This method has helped thousands of people throughout the world reduce eyestrain, improve their near-sightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, middle-age vision, turned eye and “lazy eye”. The human eye has been compared to a camera, but this model is incorrect as follows: the human eye sees details with the most sensitive part of the retina viz, the fovea which is at the centre of the macula. We have the impression that we can “see everything equally well” wherever we look, but that is purely due to the fast involuntary scanning movements made by the eye. These movements are known as saccadics and occur at different speeds, all imperceptible to the human observer. Our healthy eyes are perfect guidance systems: when any movement is perceived, the eye immediately turns toward the stimulus in order to ascertain “is this friend or foe?”, or just delightfully interesting-all mental interpretations occurring deeper than the conscious mind?’. In order to appreciate the role relaxation plays in having good vision we can use the metaphor of an athlete. In pursuing peak performance, the athlete does best when he/she is relaxed enough to use all the muscles required for a given activity. For example, they warm up first by gently stretching, bending and twisting prior to major exertion. If their muscles are tight, they are almost sure to sustain injury by overusing fewer muscles than normally required for the task. This type of relaxation is called dynamic relaxation. I like to compare it to a cat waiting for a mouse to emerge from a hole, or a frog on a lily-pad waiting for a fly. “Relaxed yet ready for action.” The commonly accepted interpretation of the word “relaxation” also plays a role in promoting general health, the best known in this category of passive relaxation is sleep. Similarly, there are eye and vision improvement techniques that utilize passive relaxation to enhance vision and eye health. When our visual system (eyes-body-mind) is insync, our vision will naturally be clearer and more comfortable. From a physiological perspective, passive relaxation allows the body, mind and eyes to release tensions and
tightness of muscles and tissues. Tight muscles lead to diminished circulation of blood, while free-flowing circulation nourishes all tissues and also removes toxic wastes. Relaxation combined with gentle exercise and adequate hydration stimulates the lymphatic system to destroy germs, neutralize toxins and gobble up garbage - all of which are essential for good eye health. Through movement we (a) stimulate our central and peripheral vision, and (b) relax and let go of tightness/tension in body, eyes and mind. Do you think it is possible to improve your vision? In the same way that our physical body, mental outlook and emotional well-being can improve with adequate rest, appropriate hydration, nutrition, exercise and mental adjustments, so too can our vision and ocular health be improved by these practices. Utilizing this method you can decrease your prescription and for some people, completely eliminate the need for glasses/ contact lenses. In the process of improving one’s vision, it is usually recommended that one’s eyeglass and/or contact lens prescription be reduced so that one’s innate biofeedback system can allow shifts to occur. Using an old weaker pair of glasses might suffice, or new weaker glasses may be required. Classes are offered for groups or privately in which we learn, practise and play with techniques from the Bates Method, Meir Schneider, Elizabeth Abraham, Ray Gottlieb and others. In classes and workshops you will learn how to: • Reduce your dependence on or need for glasses/ contacts or eliminate a need for them • Decrease eyestrain at your computer/phone • See more clearly in the distance and close-up • Decrease your sensitivity to light & improve your night vision • Improve your eye teaming and enhance your depth perception • Explore how stress, your beliefs and thoughts can affect your vision. Introductory courses usually consist of six 2-hour classes, or weekend workshops eg two Saturdays 104.30pm. Private classes are also available. Please Note: Holistic natural vision improvement is an educational process and not a substitute for assessment, treatment and care by a licensed health professional. Vision Tip: If you think “seeing is believing” then try this: When engaged in protracted work at your computer, pause, and remove your glasses. Rub your hands together as if washing them, then shape each hand into a cup and place gently over each closed eye. Take three deep breaths. Pause. Gently open your eyes and notice how you feel. I look forward to hearing about your experience!
Orgone Therapy For Healers Enhancing your practice with orgone energy By Ati Petrov DHHP
ur therapeutic-grade 10-ply orgone accumulator has found a lovely home at the Village Clinic in Ottawa. Many people are coming to give it a try and feedback is wonderful. This time I write to those of you who are healers. I use orgone therapy to enhance the results of my healing practice (homeopathy, biofeedback, German New Medicine) and my healer friends are also excited to use it for their clients. Now I would like to extend the invitation to try it out to healers as well. Orgone therapy is such a wonderful healing tool – it can improve the results of any therapy significantly, making you more effective in your work and helping your patients get better faster. How does it work? Orgone energy (“prana”, “chi”) flows in our body and creates a steady pulsation. When this energy is depleted or blocked, this flow is interrupted, leading to energy loss, muscle stiffness, lack of oxygenation or proper blood flow. Eventually this can lead to either inflammation or tissue degeneration. PHYSICAL BENEFITS. Orgone therapy is wonderful for the quick healing of injuries, muscle strain and tightness. It makes chiropractic, physiotherapy, osteopathy and craniosacral therapy (among many others) much more effective, since it helps adjustments hold and restores pulsation and flexibility. It speeds up recovery from dental work or surgery and is excellent for vision improvement.
Introductory Vision Improvement Class March 25, 2013 At the Village Clinic, 361 Churchill Ave N, Westboro, Ottawa. Time: 7-8.30 pm. $20. To register please contact Dr. Estelle Saunders: T: 613.823.0414. E: email@example.com Please contact the Merivale Optometric Centre reception for appointments for reduced prescriptions or optometric exams by Dr. Saunders. Merivale Optometric Centre: 1547 Merivale Rd., 8A Main Level, Emerald Plaza, Nepean, ON. T: 613.226.8446.
Anemia and low iron, respiratory weakness, chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, are notorious for the slow pace of healing due to low reserves in the body. Orgone therapy can give a much-needed boost to their energy. Cell and tissue restoration is a natural result of a strong orgone flow in the body.
STRESS RELEASE. Blocked energy causes emotional tension. Psychotherapy combined with orgone therapy will not only resolve emotional trauma, but also will move the energy in the body necessary for full emotional release, improving libido and sexual health. Orgone therapy is amazing both in cases of burnout and/or excitability. A few sessions help rebalance the thyroid and adrenal glands, improving the ability for self-control. It is great for those suffering from insomnia, ADD, brain fatigue or the recover phase of any serious mental or physical illness. GROUNDING. Orgone therapy helps ground the energy immediately. It elevates the mood of those who feel depleted.
What is a session like? Orgone Therapy is simple and easy – you just sit in it for 15-45 minutes. You experience similar sensations as vigorous exercise does – increased energy, alertness, tingling on the skin. Some people fall asleep or meditate. There is no need to disrobe and no need for a practitioner to be present. This month of March, I am hosting trial orgone sessions every Friday evening. I especially want to invite other colleagues to come and see it and talk about how it can enhance your practice too. This is such a valuable device to have available for use – I have not heard of any other of this kind in Canada. So come and experience it for yourself, bring a friend or a patient and lets have a chat. At the Village Clinic we have created a space for community, learning and mutual support and we would love to meet you! Resources: Orgonomy and Wilhelm Reich basics: http://www.orgonelab.org/wrhistory.htm Other orgone devices: http://www.orgonics.com/ Ati Petrov is a holistic therapist from Ottawa (homeopathy, biofeedback and German New Medicine). She practices at the Village Clinic at 361 Churchill Ave. To book a time for an orgone session and chat: Phone: 613-301-2922 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
361 Churchill Avenue N, Ottawa ON, K1Z 5C4 Telephone: 1 (613) 686-6650 Email: email@example.com
Spark Up Your Passion
LIVING YOUR LIGHT CD
Patricia Wall ©Take the Lid Off Inc by Take the Lid Off Inc t’s always something that’s important, and real, pushing Living Your Light contains your relationship off the end of three amazing directed your list: illness, family demands, a project behind schedule, or sheer meditations created for exhaustion. profound healing and In the scramble of life, you need personal transformation. a partner who supports you and contributes. You need someone who Unlock your ability to understands your scramble, and make real change with even participates in the juggling, these powerful tools. to make it to the end of the week. Maybe by the weekend you’ll have the energy for sex. Or the interest. 613-831-8956 1-888-831-8956 No one sets out to neglect their relationship –you’re doing the best you can. Days turn into months turn into years of juggling, and before you know it you’ve setting in your subconscious. You may have a polar forgotten how to have real conversations, and you’re split between lover and partner, which interferes with not sure anyone feels fulfilled, let alone passionate. your ability to experience your partner as a lover. This Have your dreams changed, or gotten postponed, is particularly distressing because your subconscious or forgotten? When was the last time you really felt controls your body chemistry, which means it’s hard to have any interest in sex - or any arousal – when you’re passion and sparkle? (Wine doesn’t count.) Fortunately, there’s an easy way to revive the vivre in partner programming. Once you have identified the roles you’ve of your relationship. You may have noticed that date nights can add more stress, because you can’t turn on distinguished for lover and partner, using the word romance like a light switch. (Okay, wine can help.) A lists, then you have clear aim to remove the split. Use simple tune-up for your subconscious can reset your Campfire to connect with your subconscious mind. romance programs, to spark up some passion with your Within Campfire, call out figures that represent lover and partner. Notice that a chasm opens between the partner. The first step is to identify the splits your subconscious two figures; this chasm holds the wounded parts of has created between the role of partner and the role yourself, and holds the programming that blocks of lover. Lover inspires words like exciting, sexy, having a lover be a partner, and having a partner be clandestine, skin, necking – can you add three more a lover. Use a bubbling spring of light, starting at the words? Partner inspires words like trust, dependable, very bottom of the chasm, to fill the chasm and heal obligation, support, demands – now add three more to all that is held within it. Typically there is a surge of this list. Notice the difference? The difference in the energy as the chasm closes, as it takes a lot of energy to two sets of words reveals the programs operating in sustain uncomfortable programs. Finish the Campfire your subconscious that interfere with your love life, and to use the integration and detox steps, to complete your meditation. You will probably notice a shift immediately, your sparkle. which will become stronger with repetition, until you The tool to clear the interference, and restore your feel comfortable being sparky with your partner. sparkle, is a Campfire targeted to clear polar splits. You Date night takes on a whole new meaning with sparkle can find a variety of recorded Campfires to clear polar and passion. Enjoy! splits available through the website ttloinc.com. Campfire is a guided meditation (which means you Patricia Wall simply listen to it) which helps you connect with your Osloda : The Art of Dealing with Everyday Life subconscious to discover what’s going on in all those Osloda.com sabotaging programs, so you can make changes. 613-831-8956 A polar split occurs when you have contradictory subconscious programs that result in an either-or
Spirit Guide Workshop
Dear Ones, We have organized the creation of a workshop to aid you in learning how to connect with your Spirit Guides. We have determined that now is a time best served by connecting Spirit with Humans. Your Guides are there to help you navigate life’s challenges and glories, to make the everyday as spectacular as possible. You worked together with your guides to determine your path, your route, on Earth and they are here to be your navigators as you steer your vessel that is your body and mind, driven by your spirit. We hope you like our metaphor, and understand it is such to give you a mental picture of how it works. We have instructed Lisa Virtue to hold a workshop within the month of April to teach you how to connect with your own Spirit Guides. She is actively developing this with us as we type. She is channelling the exercises and information from Spirit to best serve you in forming / creating / recognizing your connection. We are working her hard, but lovingly, encouraging her beyond her self-perceived limitations. She is learning more about her own abilities during the process, which will allow her to expand beyond that which she imagined. So you see, anything is possible once you connect with your guides. Know that they have your highest good foremost as their intention and will lovingly guide you to that which you have desired to bring about. It will feel funny at first, listening to these ones on high. Yet you will come to cherish their loving support and guidance. We wish to inform you that we may not be writing in this publication much longer, but to indeed seek us out, as we, with Lisa Virtue, will be expanding into new media and horizons. It is our foremost concern to help Lisa expand beyond her current boundaries into new realms of communication to reach more and more people. It is our desire to reach as many as possible to assist them in
Right Path Healing Energy & Crystal Healing Clears blocks and brings your system into balance
Medium Communicate with angels, guides or spirits Blessed Himalayan Salt Powerful angel blessing for Lisa Virtue an amazing healing bath RightPathHealing.com firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 296-4271
their lives, through connecting with Spirit Guides, and ultimately connecting with their truest, highest selves, through this and other methods and healings that Lisa is able to provide. This is a great journey we are leading her on, which she eagerly undertakes. Learn to listen to your Spirit Guides, who love you unconditionally, and you too will find yourselves sailing upon your own dreams in life. It is with great love that we leave you here today. Be blessed as you truly are. Lisa’s Spirit Guides of love. To sign up for the workshop go to www.RightPathHealing.com Lisa Virtue is here to serve and benefit the spirits of mankind whom wish to elevate their own light. Together, affecting the greater whole through their own self-evolution. Her services are loving and beneficial to your energy make-up, helping you to find peace and greater relief. You may contact her via email: email@example.com or phone 613-296-4271. More information and articles can be found via her website: www.RightPathHealing.com Be sure to like her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RightPathHealing
The SILVA LIFE System Empowering yourself for a Better You, a Better World
Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor & Silva Coach 1 800 226 4428 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.silvamethod.ca
An energizing & inspiring life changing EVENT! W hole E a r th E xpo 2 0 1 3 , M ay 11 & 12
DISCOVER creative ideas for enlightened, healthy and conscious living PARTICIPATE in workshops & presentations conducted by experts BROWSE hundreds of leading edge products and services
Dolphin Dentistry The Exam That Could Save Your Life Call for a free consultation
Join our Mother’s Day Event on Sunday May 12 Lots of activities and surprises for Mums, Kids & Dads! Carleton University’s Fieldhouse Bronson Avenue, Ottawa
FOR OTTAWAʼS PARENTING COMMUNITY COMMUNITY
613 234-5758 Lasergumcentre.com Medicaldentistry.ca Tone Magazine email@example.com www.tone.ca 613-435-TONE
Mailing address : Tone Magazine, 80 Terence Matthews, Suite 5, Kanata, March 2013ON K2M 2B4
C.P.M. agreement # 40011389.