Cattlemans Connection HBH ANGUS FARMS
SALE DAY INFORMATION
SALE DAY PHONES:
Brayden Heapy 431-282-3085
Darcy Heapy 204-365-7755
Chris Poley 306-220-5006
Shane Michelson 403-363-9973
Levi Rimke 204-851-4515
Chris Poley 306-220-5006
Ben Wright, T Bar C Cattle Co. Ltd. 519-374-3335
Shane Michelson, T Bar C Cattle Co. Ltd. 403-363-9973
Levi Rimke, T Bar C Cattle Co. Ltd. 204-851-4515
SALE MANAGED BY
T Bar C Cattle Co. Ltd.
Warman, Saskatchewan S0K 4S0
KEYSTONE LIVESTOCK SERVICES
We are fortunate to have a brand new hotel 15 minutes away Blue Crescent Hotel Rivers MB
Photography by Brad Gilchrist
• WE STAND BEHIND WHAT WE SELL
All bulls will be semen tested & breeding soundness evaluated
• SIGHT UNSEEN PURCHASE PLAN
Your satisfaction guaranteed
Free delivery up to 300 km. Take your bull home sale day and appreciate a $50 discount
Generations of bred on muscle, without sacrificing maternal traits
• CALVING EASE
There are bulls selling suitable for heifers
WW AND YW
All weaning weights were taken on October 14, 2022
All yearling weights were taken on January 14, 2023
The bulls become your responsibility as soon as they are sold. All bulls are to be insured that are staying at the farm.
We will ensure health tests required will be completed at buyers expense and will work with you regarding delivery. Export costs are at buyers expense.
TO HBH ANGUS FARMS CATTLEMENS CONNECTION BULL SALE
HBH Angus would like to welcome you to the farm on March 30th. This group of bulls are very consistent and impressive when you get analyzing each individual bull. The maternal strength that is found here at HBH are cows that go to work. I take great pride in the fact that the bulls are functional, docile and go out and get your cows bred with longevity to go forward through the future. The bulls are developed on a TMR ration consisting of hay, oat silage, whole oats and pellets added with mineral. I’d like to thank everyone who helps out; it doesn’t go unnoticed and it means a lot. This year I’m proud to say that I am the new sole owner of HBH Angus which is very exciting for me! The bulls are fully guaranteed for breeding and I am here to answer any questions you have. I invite you to come to the farm anytime to analyze the bulls for yourself prior to the sale. Join us for lunch before the sale and visit with fellow friends and cattlemen. If you are unable to make it to the sale it will be broadcast on DLMS. If you have any questions please give me a call I would be glad to help you.
Hope to see you on sale day!
FROM THE DESK AT T BAR C
March 30th will be a celebration for the historic HBH Angus operation — not only because we will be offering the typical brand of functional, pleasing phenotypic type Angus bulls to the industry, but due to the fact that this marks the first sale with Brayden Heapy officially at the helm as the sole owner. I am proud to have worked with Brayden throughout his transition, and could not endorse this enthusiast young breeder highly enough. Brayden, as well as his dad, work exceptionally hard and are astute and knowledgeable in their development and breeding decisions.
Throughout the catalogue, you will find stout and smooth made bulls that are the total package and built for longevity. I highly recommend coming and touring the maternal based cowherd that stand behind these future herd sires. In addition, the HBH program is notorious for sparing no expense when they put their minds to purchasing a new herd sire. This gives you an incredible advantage when you purchase sons from this both famed and up and coming new era of the HBH operation.
We strongly encourage you to appraise the cattle with your own eyes in order to appreciate their scope, as well as your attendance in Oak River as we show our support of the new captain of the HBH ship. Please do not hesitate to be in contact with any of us at T Bar C if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
HF PERFECT STORM 198E
REMITALL F CONNECTION 82G
EVERBLACK VISION 119F
JL ADMIRE 8004
LORENZ UNIFIED 17C
CRAWFORD GUARANTEE 9137
S A V TEN SPEED 3022
MICH WHEATLAND 8103F
S A V RENOVATION 6822
REMITALL F RAGE 9A
YOUNG DALE HI DEF 52E
PA FORTITUDE 2500
EVERYTHING IN ONE PACKAGE
• A bull that puts everything together in one package
• Great calving ease and with vigour offspring will be sure to grow
• Top 10% in YW
• Top 20% in WW
• HBH 1K is one that will add to a herd that sells by the pound
PERFECT STORM 4K
• Very stylish and very smooth
• Clean fronted that will always make you step back and look twice •
all across on this guy
REMINGTON JET 67U
LAZY E EXCITEMENT 439A RANCHERS CHOICE ERICA 35Y
• Connection son that is deep bodied with lots of muscle
• Following in his sires footsteps he will surely impress
all around EPDs that will create same interesting offspring
S A V HARVESTOR 0338
S A V CUTTING EDGE 4857 S A V BLACKCAP MAY 5530
REMITALL F CONNECTION 82G HF TIGER 5T
F JET 74Y
SANKEYS JUSTIFIED 101
SIX MILE BULL DURHAM 245B SIX MILE BLACKBIRD 864U
HBH ERICETTE 197F S A V NET WORTH 4200
BROOKMORE ERICETTE 98X
• Very long bodied with lots of growth
• A stout son with a thick hair coat
• WW 20, YW 15, Milk 20
HBH WITLOCK 16K
• An impressive Whitlock son that is deep and nicely made
• Adds great milk numbers that will pass on to offspring
HBH VISION 23K
thick made Vision son
6% in WW
4% in YW
One that will add pounds to a calf crop
HBH GRAND 28K
• Clean fronted with a nice head and extension
• Smooth over the top with good eye appeal
• Dam is a very productive cow here at
HBH MALE HBH 30K 2299010 JAN. 7, 2022
• One of two Unified calves in the sale
• Moderate birth weight and would work with those longer heifers or cows
• One that is deep and has good thickness through the middle third
son that will be one to check out
• WW 25, YW 15 HBH TEN SPEED 31K MYTTY IN FOCUS A A R TEN X 7008 S A A A R LADY KELTON 5551 S A V TEN SPEED 3022 S A V BISMARCK 5682 S A V MADAME PRIDE 1134 S A V MADAME PRIDE 9100 BASIN EXPEDITION R156 BASIN EXCITEMENT BASIN LADY S532 AK HBH BANDOLIER LASS 46D BROOKMORE CACTUS JACK 87Y HBH BANDOLIER LASS 476B HBH BANDOLIER LASS 54T CE BW WW YW Milk 5 2.1 60 111 21 ACT. BW ACT. WW ACT. YW 98 848 1190 MALE HBH 31K 2299011 JAN. 7, 2022
BEAUTY 0156 JL
• Neck extension that is attractive • Very clean made
BUILT FOR LONGEVITY “ “ 38K
• Here is a Renovation yearling I admire everyday
• Dam is the maternal sister to 147W – Both are famed Maiden dams
• 38K is one that is built for longevity and backed by a very solid pedigree
• Don’t miss out on him
HBH VISION 40K
• A super docile buddy that is always waiting for a scratch
• Lots of length added with EPDs that will impact growth
• Looking for a calm pet that will get the job done this is the bull for you
JOHNNY CASH 45K
• Always one that catches my attention when I’m in the pen
• Very complete and uniform
• His momma is a solid Rage daughter that produces right every time
VIN-MAR JOHNNY CASH 3513
HBH HI DEF 46K
DAM 041 YOUNG DALE HI DEFINITION 185B
HAMCO COUNTESS 417T YOUNG
V FINAL ANSWER 0035 YOUNG DALE KRISTINA 73W
DALE KRISTINA 116T
UPWARD 307R BROOKMORE CACTUS JACK 87Y
• CE is a proven in this pedigree with this dam
• Longevity is found here with her three generations retained in the herd – Hi Def combined with longevity
• Deep sided Mich Wheatland with an attractive front
• Very complete through the hind quarter
• Dam 45C is a girl that goes to work when the calf arrives
THICK AND RUGGED
• Very thick and rugged made; deep bodied
• A Rage sire so is sure to produce
• Very complete bull
HBH FORTITUDE 51K
• One that is long bodied and shows himself off
• Nice top with muscle throughout
• He has the looks and CE to go with it
• Moderate frame and clean through the front
• A Ten Speed son that is real well balanced •
with WW 30, YW 20
• Long sided, smooth bull with a sharp presence
• One not to overlook
HBH MICH 54K
LUTTON E102 S&R ROUNDTABLE J328
F RAGE 9A
PIT BOSS 409
V 707 RITO 9969
F KARMA 102W
• Well made and stout with great growth
• Top 10% in WW
• Top 20% in YW
• Dam is a very solid broody cow that is impressive to look at
HBH RENOVATION 55K
707 OF IDEAL 3407 7075 S A V RENOWN 3439
• Powerful and deep bodied with lots of attractiveness
• Extremely well balanced
• EPD numbers that will impress
• A powerhouse momma that goes to work
HBH HI DEF 57K PF HOOVER DAM 041
DALE HI DEFINITION 185B
HAMCO COUNTESS 417T YOUNG DALE HI DEF 52E
A V FINAL ANSWER 0035
20X AMBUSH 14Z
HBH RENOVATION 58K
RITO 707 OF IDEAL 3407 7075
S A V RENOWN 3439 S A V BLACKCAP MAY 4136
S A V RENOVATION 6822 S A
S A V MADAME PRIDE 0151
004 DENSITY 4336
MADAME PRIDE 0075
707 RITO 9969 REMITALL F RAGE 9A
F KARMA 102W HBH MISS THUNDER 99D
MISS THUNDER 368A
• WW 15, YW 10
CACTUS JACK 87Y
• Renovation semen is in shorter supply so here’s a chance to add some performance
• Real powerful bull that gained very well right from birth
• HBH is still using a maternal brother in our program
• Here’s a real herd sire prospect for any program
STOUT AND HAIRY
• Deep bodied with thick hind quarter
• Clean made with an attractive presence
• Top 15 in
• Top 8% in YW
• Thick and bulky made
• Well balanced EPDs all across
• Lots of mass and growth that will transfer into progeny
HBH FORTITUDE 65K
• He has vigour that hits the ground and grows
HBH HI DEF 67K
DAM 041 YOUNG DALE HI DEFINITION 185B
HAMCO COUNTESS 417T
FINAL ANSWER 0035 YOUNG DALE KRISTINA 73W
DALE HI DEF 52E
DALE KRISTINA 116T
DOT UNANIMOUS 141C PRIDE OF PEAK DOT 11Y
321U NHF OSF
• A super stout Hi Def that can work for both the larger heifers or in the cow pen
• All the Hi Def sons are very similar and carry that calving ease trait he was made for
25 BW 30
REAL SHARP CONNECTION SON
• CE 4, BW 3, YW 30, Milk 15
• A real sharp Connection son with lots of power
• This family has tons of longevity as dam/grand dam/great dam are all still producers here
• We’re real happy with the Connection calves
• Be sure to check this guy out sale day
• A moderate framed Hi Def son
• He has performed well since entering the feed yard
• Will make a real nice herd sire for years to come
• WW 35, YW 20
• Real powerful Hi Def son out of a Cactus Jack dam
• Ranks right up there in his weaning and yearling numbers
• Dam has a son at Blair Mistelbachers Ltd.
SMOOTH CLEAN BULL
• A smooth clean bull ready for the heifer pen
• Hi Def was used for his calving ease and you can see it through this guy
• Out of an older cow that is consistent year after year
• Calving ease bull with CE at 15% and BW 10
• Dam has offspring here as well as at LLB and Arthur Eddys
LONG, DEEP BODIED
• A very long deep bodied
• A bull with moderate growth numbers
• Real nice clean bull with a thick hair coat
• A Hi Def out of a real strong cow family
• Lots of natural thickness
• Moves on a very sound set of feet & legs
• Moderate weaning and yearling numbers
HBH VISION 95K
• A Vision son back to a Stature
• Two bulls that have worked real well here at HBH and turned out great progeny
• Any one of the Vision calves are a great investment
• Both show great consistency
HBH PERFECT STORM 106K
• A Perfect Storm bull that is a very honest calf that will work for years
• WW 30, YW 15 and M 15
• The temperament of the bull is remarkable
HBH MERCURY 107K
BANK NOTE 4040
• He’s a bull out of a great cow family tracing back to our elite cow Brookmore 25Y who is still a strong producer
• Lots of depth and length here
• Real strong on WW and YW
• More suited for cows
BROOKING MERCURY 9057 SIRE
HBH GUARANTEE 109K
A STAND OUT IN HIS PEN!
• This is ONE to look at!
• A real attractive Guarantee son
• A stand out in his pen with lots of muscle and natural thickness
• His performance numbers are strong right across
• CE 6, BW 10, WW 30, YW 15 and M 20
• Dam is still very active at HBH
• Suitable for larger heifers
• Johnson son backed by the Georgina family
• Elite dam that was in our flush program
375 J H
• Late March calf but has performed well to be in the sale
• Ideal for that heifer pen and still get the performance for those offspring
• Heifer recommended
HBH Herd Health
The herd health program for HBH strives to prevent disease rather than treat disease. The breeding herd – cow and bulls, receive a modified live vaccine prior to breeding season. This vaccine contains both IBR and Type I and II BVD which are two of the most important diseases that can cause reproductive losses. Prebreeding vaccination also prevents the birth of calves persistently infected (PI calves) with BVD virus. A PI calf will shed virus in a herd through out its entire life and can have significant negative effects on overall herd health.
The calves are vaccinated at birth with an intranasal vaccine which aids in the prevention of early calfhood pneumonia. At pasture turn out the calves are vaccinated with a parental 5-way viral vaccine and bacterial pneumonia vaccine (Bovishield Gold One Shot). Also, at turn out the calves receive their initial dose of Clostridial vaccine (Ultrabac 7/Somubac). At weaning, the calves receive a booster of these two vaccines to prevent disease through this stressful time. This fall dose also acts as a priming booster for their first reproductive vaccine the replacement heifers and bulls will receive in the spring as yearlings. The yearling heifers and bulls also receive a third Clostridial booster in the spring as well.
Bull Infertility Evaluation (Virden Animal Hospital)
Bulls are assessed for conformation, examined internally and externally for abnormal development of sexual organs, scrotal measured and semen is collected and examined for normal concentration, motility and morphology. Breeding behaviour to ensure adequate libido and proper penetration needs to be assessed by the new owner in the natural breeding situation, particularly for yearling bulls. Having your own herd veterinarian evaluate newly purchased bulls is also encouraged.
It is expected to have Decision Deferred (DD) bulls when testing yearlings at 12 months of age. At 12 months of age we only expect 50% of bulls to successfully pass a BSE evaluation. Over 90% of yearling bulls will pass a BSE evaluation by the time they are 16 months of age. If you are a producer looking to buy a bull, factor into your decision the date your bull is turned out with cows and the age of the bull (if DD) as to whether this bull will work for you.
Dr. Nadine Wohlgemuth
Virden Animal Hospital Ltd.
Box 1390 Virden, MB R0M 2C0 Phone 204-748-3950/Fax 204-748-1252
The terms of the sale are cash or cheque, payable at par at the sale location. The right of property shall not pass until after settlement has been made; no invoicing on buyers in attendance, unless previous arrangements have been made. Every animal sells to the highest bidder and in cases of disputes, the auctioneer’s decision will be final. Current exchange rates will be announced sale day. All monies are in Canadian funds.
Each animal will sell to the highest bidder...no by-bidding will be permitted. Disputes - Bidding will be reopened between the parties involved in dispute. If no further bidding is made, the buyer will be the person from whom the auctioneer accepted the last bid. The auctioneer’s decision on all disputes will be final.
All announcements made from the auction block will take precedence over the printed matter in the catalogue. Buyers are therefore cautioned to pay close attention to such disclosures.
CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION:
Each animal will carry papers issued by the Canadian Angus Association, unless otherwise stated. A certificate of registry duly transferred will be furnished to the buyer for each animal after payment has been made.
Pedigree Estimates (PE) are created on the projected mating of the animal’s sire and dam based on averages of the two, creating estimated values that do not hold the same accuracy of actual EPDs issued from the association and should be used as such.
All animals in the sale have met all necessary health requirements.
Each animal becomes the purchaser’s risk immediately after the animal is sold. All animals in this sale will be sold under the terms and guarantees set forth by the Canadian Angus Association with regard to health, freedom from defects and from both reproductive and specific genetic unsoundness.
All persons attend the sale at their own risk. The seller, facility owner and sale manager assume no liability, legal or otherwise, for any accidents that occur. It is understood that T Bar C Cattle Co. (2013) Ltd. is acting only as a medium between buyer and seller and is not responsible for any obligations to collect or enforce collection of any monies between parties and any legal action that may, in extreme cases, be taken must be between buyer and seller. T Bar C Cattle Co. (2013) Ltd. assumes no responsibility of any credit extended by the seller to the buyer. The buyer must look to the seller for fulfillment of all guarantees and representations made hereunder.
We retain the right to draw in-herd use semen on any bull in the sale at the new buyer's convenience and our expense.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We strongly recommend that insurance is purchased for full value.
All announcements at sale time, written or oral, supersede any written material in the catalogue.
We will announce the exchange rate on sale day. All veterinary export costs are at the buyers expense.
We retain the right to draw in-herd use semen on any bull in the sale at the new buyer’s convenience and our expense.
HBH Angus Farms will deliver bulls free of charge within 300 km of Oak River, MB.
SIGHT UNSEEN PURCHASE PLAN:
If you are unable to attend sale day, you may call or send bids to the consignors or any member of the sales management team. Those who are interested in this plan are urged to contact anyone of the consignors to discuss your bull requirements and determine a budget. Every effort will be made to buy you the right bull or bulls, at the right price to make you a repeat customer. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any of the cattle you purchased on order, you are under no obligation to accept them.
Wintering of bulls is free until April 15, 2023. We ask purchasers to state their intentions for wintering at the time of settlement. We strongly encourage you to insure your bulls under this policy.
CATTLEMAN’S CONNECTION BULL WARRANTY:
Cattleman’s Connection guarantees to sell you a bull that is structurally sound, a bull that has passed a semen test and a breeding soundness evaluation by a licensed veterinarian. Should any bull fail to be a satisfactory breeder - unable to physically service a cow or heifer - he will be replaced with a bull of equal value. Should this not be possible, an adjustment will be made to reflect the value of the bull in question, or a credit will be given towards the purchase of another bull.
IN SHORT, WE GUARANTEE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A SOUND, BREEDING BULL.
We, however, will not provide replacement or adjustment for physical injury or mismanagement. Bearing this in mind, we stress the importance of insurance on your bull. At no time shall the seller’s liability exceed the purchase price of the bull. Should you have a problem with your bull, call us right away. We will work with you to make sure you are satisfied with your Cattleman’s Connection bull.
HBH Angus Farms uses Canadian Angus Performance Program whole herd reporting.
Canadian Addresses To:
T Bar C Cattle Co. Ltd. Box 2330
Warman, SK S0K 4S0