Mindanao DAILY THE PURVEYOR OF TRUTH , JUSTICE, AND DEVELOPMENT
Volume VI, No. 048
web portal: www.mindanaodailynews.com
Thursday
July 21, 2016
Guv seeks NBI help to identify real pushers By GERRY LEE GORIT Correspondent
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The local government of Bukidnon has asked the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI-10) in Northern Mindanao to check on the veracity of the testimonies of dozens of self-confessed drug pushers so that the assistance due them are given to the right ones. Gov. Jose Maria Zubiri Jr. said he has sought the assistance of the NBI-10 in the conduct of the verification to ensure that no one can take advantage of the provincial government’s offer of extending P25,000 as livelihood package to suspected retailers of shabu. Zubiri said he has asked a group of experts to identify all the drug personalities in his province and submit the list to him. The list will then be given to the NBI-10, Zubiri said. “I have a list of big-time drug lords and pushers, but See seeks, page A7
A1
DSWD supports ‘Reform SK’ election
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY -- As the registration period for the barangay and Sanggunian Kabataan (SK) elections starts, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is expressing supporting to the introduction and institutionalization of significant reforms under the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the SK Reform Act 2016. Formulated by the National Youth Commission (NYC), an attached agency of DSWD, together with the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Education (DepEd), Commission on Higher Education (CHEd), Commission on Audit (COA), Department of Budget and Management (DBM), and the Commission on Elections (Comelec), the IRR will be published within 15 days in the Official Gazette of the Philippines before the full implementation of the SK Reform Law. National government agencies took lead in consulting with various youth serving organizations in some key areas nationwide HIT GAME. Online gamers have fun over President Digong in the most recent game dubbed “Duterte Fighting Crime,” which commenced last year a shooting game featuring Duterte as a crime-buster. PHOTO BY GERRY LEE GORIT
President Duterte OKs peace roadmap MANILA — A comprehensive peace road map that hopefully will bring about peace and development in the land got the presidential imprimatur during a closed door meeting late Monday afternoon, July 18, in Malacañan. President Rodrigo R. Duterte approved en
P15.00
toto or in its entirety the peace formula presented by Presidential Adviser on Peace Process Jesus G. Dureza, which will address the Bangsamoro issue, the impending resumption of peace negotiations with the Communist Party of the Philippines/New People’s Army/National Democratic
Front (CPP/NPA/NDF), and the implementation of closure agreements with other rebel groups in the country. At the same time, the President adopted Dureza’s proposed strategy of implementing massive development on the ground simulSee peace, page A7
See supports, page A7
HIV-AIDS EDUC. With the initiative of Regional Health Service 10 (RHS-10) led by PSupt. Mark Manfred Anthony Solero, RHS-10, in partnership with City Health Department, spearheaded by Jonathan Daniekl Torrecampo, site implementation officer/HIV counselor, conducted HIV and AIDS Education Voluntary Counseling/Testing, July 19, 2016, at the RHQ Grandstand, Camp Alagar, Cagayan de Oro City, as part of the month-long activities in the 21st Police Community Relations (PCR) Month Celebration. Some 40 volunteers from different Police Provincial Offices in the region underwent pre/post-counseling to increase HIV awareness among the organization’s workforce, strengthen workplace-based testing, prevention and treatment services, and elevate social responsibility focusing on domestic HIV efforts. (PRP-10)
Editorial: e-mail: mindanaodailynews@gmail.com • Advertising: e-mail: mindanaodaily.ads@gmail.com Contact: 0917-7121424, 0947-8935776