Spv jan 2018

Page 12

N ews Briefs

Your community news and information source


Neighborhood House in St. Paul is looking for volunteers to assist in the food shelf, with tutoring, youth services and other areas. For more information, contact Vanessa Edwards at 651-789-2524 or vedwards@neighb.org. Neighbors, Inc., a social service agency serving northern Dakota County, has a number of volunteer opportunities to assist local residents, including work with the food shelf and thrift store. For more information, contact Mandy at 651-3062145 or at volunteer@neighborsmn.org. DARTS, a nonprofit organization serving seniors in Dakota County, offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for all ages. To volunteer, contact Jen at 651234-2254, jen.myers@darts1.org or visit www.darts1.org/volunteer. Dakota County offers volunteer positions in community corrections, environmental resources, the Historical Society, library, parks, public health, the sheriff’s office and social services. For more information, call 651-438-4435 or visit www. co.dakota.mn.us/Government/Jobs/Volunteering/Pages/default.aspx Dodge Nature Center, a nonprofit environmental education center in West St. Paul, is seeking volunteers age 16 and over to assist with community events, land management and environmental education. For more information, call 651-4554531 or visit www.dodgenaturecenter.org.

Big Brothers Big Sisters is looking for men, especially Latinos, to mentor boys ages 7-12 in St. Paul. Volunteers are asked to commit just a few hours a month. To volunteer, call 651-789-2400 or visit www.bigstwincities.org. CommonBond Communities seeks volunteers to assist children and teens with their academic skills, homework and discovering post-secondary school and career opportunities. For more information, visit commonbond.org/volunteer or contact volunteerservices@commonbond.org or 651-290-6226. Cerenity Senior Care–Humboldt is seeking volunteers to transport residents to activities. It also needs Spanish-speaking volunteers to assist with one-onone visits. Volunteers may work weekly, monthly or at a special event. Located on the West Side, the Cerenity Residence at 514 Humboldt provides assisted living, memory care and transitional care, and the Cerenity Care Center at 512 Humboldt provides nursing care. To volunteer, contact 651-220-1789, HumboldtVolunteer@bhshealth.org, or visit www.cerenityseniorcare.org/volunteer. St. Paul Public Schools is seeking volunteer tutors to assist students oneon-one or in small groups. Flexible day, evening or weekend hours. To volunteer, contact Jyni Koschak at 952-945-4162 or jkoschak@voamn.org.

The St. Paul Public Schools Foundation is seeking volunteer tutors to serve at a variety of community organizations. For more information please contact Nora Robinson at nora. robinson@sppsfoundation.org or at 651325-4244. Volunteers of America is looking for volunteers age 55 and over to assist children who are struggling with homework and reading. Time commitment ranges from three to 12 hours a week. To volunteer or receive more information, contact Jyni Koschak at 952-945-4162 or jkoschak@ voamn.org. Minnesota Reading, Math Corps is seeking tutors to serve in St. Paul public schools. Tutors commit to 11 months of service, during which they earn a biweekly living allowance of $526 (fulltime) and an education award of up to $5,645 to help pay for education. Fulltime tutors may also receive health insurance. For more information or to apply, visit visit www.MinnesotaReadingCorps. org, www.MinnesotaMathCorps.org, or contact 866-859-2825. Rebuilding Together Twin Cities is looking for Safe at Home volunteers to provide home safety and accessibility modifications for low-income older adult or disabled homeowners in St. Paul and Dakota County. For more information,

call 651-776-4273, email volunteerservices@rebuildingtogether-twincities.org. or visit http://rebuildingtogether-twincities.org. Ramsey County Community Human Services has volunteer opportunities for people age 16 and older. For more information, contact 651-266-4090 or humanservicesvolunteer@co.ramsey.mn.us. Science Museum of Minnesota is seeking volunteers to assist with visitor services and exhibits. Apply at smm.org/ volunteer or call 651-221-9453 for more information. YMCA in West St. Paul - The YMCA offers several volunteer opportunities, including youth sports coaches, member services and Kids Stuff staff. For more information, call 651-457-0048 or visit www.ymcamn.org/weststpaul.


318 W. Water St., St. Paul 651.227.1549 Mon.-Sat. 8-5

Bring us one item or a houseful...


WE ACCEPT IT ALL! Demolition and Construction Waste | Trash & Lawn Debris Furniture & Appliances | Tires and much more We will drop off a container or dumpster for you and haul it away once it's filled. If you prefer to save money, you can haul your trash to our refuse and recycling station. We accept all items in large or small quantities. We also offer many sizes of roll off containers, from 10 to 40 cubic yards. We Support

Reasonable Rates! Roll Off Boxes for Large Jobs One Time Pickup Available


Haul your own & SAVE! Page 12 - St. Paul Voice - January 2018

2nd SHIFT SELECTOR POSITIONS 2nd SHIFT REACH LIFT OPERATORS 2ND SHIFT WAREHOUSE LOADERS Candidates must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Medical, Dental And 401(K) Paid Time Off Tuition Reimbursement We have a strong commitment to our community and the environment!

Call 715-262-8634 ext. 22139 or apply at www.unfi.com EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED

Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.