About HealthNet TPO
HealthNet TPO is a foundation with a mission to support and strengthen people affected by conflict or disaster to regain control of their own health and wellbeing. The organization envisions a world in which people living in fragile and conflict settings actively rebuild their lives, health and wellbeing.
HealthNet TPO aims to bridge the gap between the emergency aid and long-term structural development. While specializing in strengthening healthcare systems and prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, the foundation is also an expert in the field of mental healthcare for survivors of war and natural disasters, and is committed to integrate psychosocial and mental health support into their projects even further in the future.
HealthNet TPO is committed to building a better world where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and free from harassment and bias. They aim to ensure that their policies on preventing sexual exploitation and abuse are effective and relevant in the programmes and all offices of the foundation.
Find out more about HealthNet TPO and their work here.
Role: Board Chair
Duration of the term: 4 years, with possibility for a second term
Expected start date: Spring – Autumn, 2023
Expenses: Reimbursment for direct position-related expenses
The new Board Chair will represent the organization on behalf of the Board and will guide its governance.
She/he will manage the Board’s processes, ensure the execution of decisions and compliance with statutes and regulations. Currently the Board consists of 5 members.
HealthNet TPO is in a phase of significant growth in projects funded by major institutional donors including the EU and UN while maintaining a small headquarter staff in Amsterdam. The new Board Chair will aid the foundation in confronting and addressing the challenges that arise from this growth. The Board has also recently committed to transition to a two-tier governance model. The new Chair will aid in these efforts and will become Chair of the Supervisory Board (Raad van Toezicht).
HealthNet TPO Board Chair:
• Guards and promotes the functioning of the Board;
• Sets the agenda of Board meetings and leads the board meetings;
• Is the first point of contact of the Board for the statutory director and other relevant parties;
• Manages Board processes and safeguards the corresponding provision of information;
• Facilitates good decision-making, ensures execution of decisions and ensures these comply with prevailing statutes and regulations;
• Safe-guards the rules of governance: every two years they will check the accuracy and relevance of the statutes, “Bestuur-directiereglement”, Audit & Risk Committee, Remuneration Committee and Ethics Committee charters and, if needed, propose improvements or changes;
• Ensures the Board exercises its statutory responsibilities properly;
• Guards the tasks of the Board, retains oversight of these tasks and ensures that these are provided for, planned, executed, and evaluated.
HealthNet TPO seeks an entrepreneurial and visionary leader with the following experiences and characteristics to chair the Board:
• Demonstrable and proven experience in governance processes;
• Strategic, solution-oriented thinking;
• Dynamic, pro-active personality with the availability and willingness to dedicate the necessary time to lead the Board and support the director;
• Experience working in fragile settings;
• Proven track record in strengthening an organization with limited resources;
• Adequate financial literacy, ability to understand and interpret NGO's financial statements and draw conclusions/make recommendations based on financial results;
• Experience driving the creation of strategic partnerships and/or mergers;
• Availability of a broad relevant network with (potential partner) NGOs and donors. Willingness to approach that network actively, representing HealthNet TPO;
• Evidence of delivering in existing roles (a say-do attitude);
• Preferably, experience of transition to a two-tier Board;
• Familiarity with the landscape of NGOs in The Netherlands and the oversight of NGOs including CBF requirements, Goede Doelen Nederland, etc.
How to Apply
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button on the job advert page, complete our online application form, and submit your CV and cover letter as two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
The document should be saved in PDF in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last NameDocument Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., Pat-Jones-CV-012023-HNTPO or PatJones-CoverLetter-012023-HNTPO.
Equality and diversity are at the core of HealthNet TPO values. Staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
All candidates will receive an update regarding their application after the closing date. We advise candidates to add the role email to their safe senders list and regularly check their spam folder.
Closing date: February 28th, 2023
We strongly advise candidates to apply early as interviews will be on a rolling basis.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please email at healthnettpo-board@ oxfordhr.com in the first instance.
About Oxford HR
Oxford HR operates globally - mainly within the international development and charity sectors. We carry out retained executive search mandates at board and senior management levels. We also offer human resource and organisational development consultancy.
Oxford HR has many years of experience in search as well as an extensive network of international development, social sector, corporate, public sector, and academic contacts from across the world. We carry out comprehensive and often international searches designed to meet the specific needs of our client.