ASSOCIATE ORTHOTIST Job pack
BESPOKE ORTHOTICS SERVICES
ORTHOTICS.UK Title: Associate Orthotist Salary: Location: Manchester Hours: TBC Accountable to: Senior Management
Orthotics UK is a private company based in central Manchester that provides immediate access to the leading orthotic solutions. We take pride in supplying bespoke orthotics to assist our clients in maximising their performance, whilst simultaneously exceeding expectations. We are an innovative company that holds our patients at the heart of everything we do. We offer the latest technology and cutting edge solutions and work as an expert multidisciplinary team in order to provide the highest standard of service and achieve the best results possible. We take pride in being an accessible and reliable service and believe strongly in the provision of long-term aftercare and support. The Associate Orthotist will support our service in the Manchester City Centre clinics.
PERSON SPECIFICATION • Degree (BSc Hons) in Prosthetics & Orthotics
• HCPC registered • Eligible for BAPO membership
• Strong experience in provision of bespoke orthotics
• Background of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Able to work independently as an autonomous practitioner. • Well organised and capable of managing time effectively
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Strong communication skills • Able to build a good rapport and longstanding relationships with clients • Innovative approach
• Patient centred
QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES
• Professional attitude • Personable nature • Flexible approach
• Full UK drivers licence
• Access to a car • Able to participate in evening and weekend clinics as required
JOB DESCRIPTION Main Responsibilities • Consultations with patients and prescribing / recommending relevant orthotics • Taking casts for various bespoke orthotics • Fitting sessions and minor amendments to devices • Work within a multidisciplinary team in the clinic with the intention of providing the best possible all-round service to every client • Onward referrals to rehabilitation team if necessary • Conduct research to further the reputation of the business • Actively promote the service (participate in social media etc) • Contribute to service development through various non-clinical tasks • Show commitment to CPD participation in research / drive for progression - attending conferences
appointment. • Actively participate in selected quality management activities. • Assist with the coordination of everyday services. • To demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills during management of own workload and be adaptable to an unpredictable work pattern on a daily basis.
Team Member Responsibilities • Contribute to the running of an efficient and high quality service. • Collaborate to deliver an excellent customer journey and experience. • Participate as part of a happy and motivated dynamic team. • Provide the best experience in the best environments.
Teaching, Training and Professional Development Responsibilities
• To manage all tasks effectively and efficiently. • Set high standards of self and others, assume responsibility and accountability for completion of tasks on behalf of the team. • Monitor and update diary and bookings system where necessary. • Update clinical notes following each
• Participate in the appraisal system as an appraisee and be responsible for fulfilling agreed objectives and personal development plan. • Recognise own development needs and identify in conjunction with how these can be met. • Participate in the teaching and training of team members.
DONâ€™T WAIT FOR BESPOKE ORTHOTICS SERVICES
CONTACT INFORMATION This job description is not meant to be exhaustive and reflects only the current and anticipated responsibilities of the post. The successful applicant will be expected to work flexibly in order to meet the overall needs of the position. If you have any questions regarding the job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org