5:30 pm Cocktail Reception, Silent Auction Opens
7:00 pm Dinner
8:15 pm Golden Ticket Drawing - Purchase Your Ticket Before the Live Auction! Live Auction
9:40 pm Silent Auction Closes Checkout Opens Dancing to Live Music by “Joey and the Cruisers”
Don’t Miss These Opportunities: ~ Purchase a $100 Golden Ticket for a chance to win the live auction item of your choice! Tickets must be purchased prior to the start of the Live Auction. ~ Check out our “Ring Toss” for just $25! ~ Enjoy a complimentary Pure Blue Vodka cocktail at our specialty bar while they last! Compliments of Barrel House Distilling Co. ~ Sip on wine during dinner, compliments of Old 502 Winery.
Thank you to our Co-Sponsors!
Individual Table Sponsors Paula Bailey • Rob & Valerie Duncan • Anne Gorham & Buck Hinkle Mark & Sheree Laurer • Davis and Stacie Marksbury Joe & Pat McGrannahan • Fred and Susan Pope The Beast and His Belles • Jody Shoup • Ed Worley
Corporate Table Sponsors
Thank you to our 2017 Triple Crown Sponsors. The following businesses and individuals support our mission as well as our three signature events. Please support these animal-friendly businesses!
· The Silent Auction will open the week of the event and you can bid through the mobile bidding site. The Live Auction begins at approximately 8:30pm. Use your bid number for the Live Auction and the mobile bidding site for the silent auction.
· Every item is sold “as is.” Many items are non-transferable such as condos and vacation homes. Purchases are bound by the precise restrictions specified by the donors. The terms are not negotiable. Please read the specifications and limitations carefully before bidding.
· The Lexington Humane Society (LHS) makes no express or implied warranties or representation of any kind with respect to the property or services offered, and in no event shall it be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness, authenticity, or condition to the property or services, and no statement in the catalogue, made at the sale, in the bill of sale or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such as warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. By his/her purchase, the buyer waives any claims for liability against either LHS or the donor of the property or services. Neither LHS nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damage to property that may result in utilization of property or services sold.
· Values set forth opposite items being auctioned are donors’ estimates and are not warranted by the auction committee for tax purposes or for the general value.
· Group bidding is the responsibility of the bidding individuals. · PAYMENT IN FULL AT THE END OF THE EVENING IS MANDATORY for all items and services. We gladly accept cash, checks, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Checks should be made payable to LHS. Any bidder not making arrangements to pay-in-full by the end of the evening may forfeit his/her right to purchase the item(s) or will be charged to the winning bidder’s credit card on file through the Beastie Ball website. Once paid for, items may be picked up at the claim area by exhibiting a paid receipt. When an item has not been displayed, the purchaser will receive a certificate for the promised gift. Items may only be removed from the site by exhibiting a paid receipt at the door at the time of departure.
· The auction checkout invoice serves as an official receipt for items purchased. The value set forth for each item is a good faith estimate of the fair market value as required by the IRS.
· ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Please DO NOT ASK FOR EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS from the donors. · All auction items must be removed from the premises the evening of the auction. LHS does not assume responsibility for items left after that time. Special arrangements for pick-up or delivery of large items must be made at time of payment.
· Unless specified, ALL AUCTION ITEMS AND SERVICES MUST BE USED WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE AUCTION. Unless specified, dates and times are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of and by the donor and buyer. To avoid disappointment, please make all vacation reservations well in advance. Security and cleaning deposits, when required by the donor, must be paid directly to the donor and are not the responsibility of LHS.
· Each person issued a bid number assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability LHS, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer, the auction company and its agent and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
· No exchanges. No refunds. No extensions on deadlines. Please do not ask. Extensions keep us from getting items the following year. SILENT AUCTION
· Each item in the Silent Auction has an auction number assigned to it . To bid, an individual should enter their mobile bidding center and select the item and desired bid amount or speak with a bid assistant to place a bid.
· Bidding increments are automatically set and updated through the Beastie Ball website. · Silent Auction tables will be open for viewing at 5:30pm and will close shortly after the Live Auction has concluded. Winning bidder will be sent a congratulations email or text message when the silent auction closes. LIVE AUCTION
· Once the auction begins it will continue without interruption until all items have been auctioned. · In order to enter a bid, the bidder must raise his/her bid number high in the air to attract the attention of the auctioneer or spotters. This must be repeated each time a bid is increased. Each bid legally obligates the bidder to pay the price in full if his/her bid is deemed the high bid at the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer. The auction will be fast paced, so bids must be made quickly.
· At the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer, title to the item and/or services will pass to the highest bidder who thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility thereof.
· Payment by the successful bidder must be made at the end of the auction. · In cases where more than one bidder share the cost of the Live Auction item, a representative from the bidding group must notify the auction cashier immediately of the participating bidders and their respective share of the cost.
Please note: Kentucky state law requires sales tax be charged on all physical items. This does not include experiences, trips or donations.
Live Auction #1 LHS Original Original artwork crafted by Susan Kline exclusively for LHS. This multi-media on wood piece celebrates adoption and the love that happens when you Opt to Adopt. "The black dog is the least likely color of dog or cat to be picked and adopted in a shelter. The red bird with the gingko leaf represents hope. The woven heart represents the mixed breeds. The vine comes from the heart representing all the growth a rescued dog makes when adopted - giving way to all the wonderful ways a dog passes that love to us. The road with houses represents the journey the dog takes before he reaches his "forever home.” All the happy and bright flowers represent the "heaven" he now lives in after his adoption. Lost, Found, Loved!"
Donor: Susan Kline #2 Lake Tahoe Condo Enjoy 8 days and 7 nights in a 3 bedroom and 3 bath residence at Northstar Club in beautiful Lake Tahoe where 4-star luxury and service tailored to your specific needs await. Just steps from the front door of the Northstar Club is one of the finest mountain villages in North America. The village is flourishing with life and features a variety of shopping options from stylish boutiques and specialty retailers to a collection of cafes and restaurants all centered around a year-round skating rink. Residence features 2 king bedrooms, a room with double beds, a fully appointed and equipped kitchen, flat-screen TVs, an in-unit washer and dryer and a heated parking space. A full-time bell staff and concierge will work to meet all your vacation needs... dinner reservations, snowmobile rides, tee times, and ground transportation can all be arranged while you're playing in the mountains. (Dates are based on availability from April 20, 2018 – June 20, 2018 or September 15, 2018 – December 10, 2018; not valid Thanksgiving or holiday weekends. Does not include $200 cleaning fee.)
Donor: Mark and Lainie Goldstein
Live Auction #3 UK Floor Seats Be a part of the Big Blue basketball action with 2 floor seats located near mid-court in Rupp Arena as the UK Wildcats take on Vanderbilt at 9pm on January 30, 2018. Package includes a tour of UK's world-class locker room and access to the exclusive Donors Lounge, which features private bathrooms, beverages, appetizers, and light meals. The lounge's panoramic windows allow you to watch the Wildcats take the floor before the game. Take advantage of the lounge's amenities and relax before and after the game as well as during halftime. Package also includes a pre-game private meeting with a member of the UK basketball coaching staff or athletic department.
Donor: John Meyers & Janie Fergus #4 Seven Nights for Four in Annapolis Enjoy 8 days and 7 nights at a private home in charming and historic Annapolis. Known as the â&#x20AC;&#x153;Sailing Capital of the World,â&#x20AC;? Annapolis is a feast for outdoor enthusiasts, gourmands, history buffs, sailors and landlubbers alike. Historic condominium has 2 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. Master bedroom includes a queen bed and deck and spare bedroom has 2 twin beds. Walking distance to historical Annapolis and just steps from the bay.
Donor: Jenny Super and Patrick Meyer #5 The Keeneland Experience Enjoy a full Keeneland Experience for you and your friends. First enjoy the 2018 spring meet with a behind the scenes racing tour and handicapping session. Afterwards, you and up to 15 guests will enjoy the races from Toyota's corporate suite with $200 toward the purchase of food and beverages. When fall (September or November) rolls around enjoy a behind the scenes sales tour and lunch for you and up to 5 guests. Package includes a Keeneland gift basket and original canvas artwork.
Donor: Keeneland Association, Toyota South & Agustin Zarate
Live Auction #6 One week in a Vail Loft Enjoy 8 days and 7 nights (January 12, 2018 check in) in a 3-bedroom loft unit at Cedar at Streamside Vacation Resorts International in Vail, Colorado that sleeps 6 and is shuttle distance to skiing and activities. Third floor condo (stairs only) includes a full kitchen, fireplace, an upstairs loft with king bed, sleeper sofa and 2 twin beds downstairs. Condo includes all-day shuttle service until 1am and ski storage. Concerierge service available.
Donor: Rich & Debbie Banas #7 Tempur-Pedic Bed Get your best night’s sleep with a Tempur-Pedic mattress which adapts to your shape, weight, and temperature and reduces motion transfer to help both people sleep undisturbed. With a Tempur-Pedic mattress, you can feel the difference. TEMPUR-Flex Prima provides faster adapting comfort and pressure relief for truly dynamic material support. You'll love the high loft super-stretch cover with grey upholstery sides, along with the new moisture-wicking, cool-to-the-touch SmartClimate System. Grey upholstery foundation included. And while you're relaxing on your new Queen Tempur-Pedic, let Fido share in the supreme sleep experience with a cozy and comfy Sealy dog bed. It’s the perfect combination of chipped Memory and Orthopedic Foam. With over 90% Memory Foam in every chamber, this bed is guaranteed to cradle your pet better than any other bed on the market. (Queen mattress and foundation. Dog bed available in medium, large or XL.)
Donor: Tempur Sealy #8 National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park Racing Package Do not attempt on public streets! Have you ever wanted to be “that” driver in the TV commercials with the fine print? Here is your chance, minus the TV commercial, of course. National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park is a 4-mile road racing circuit. Its features include technical turns, long straightaways and elevation changes. The track was designed with challenging features that are reminiscent of the famous La Sarthe in Le Mans, France. Located across from the National Corvette Museum (NCM) and the Corvette Assembly Plant, the Motorsports Park is one of the most centrally located and easily accessible driving facilities in the country. Package includes a once-in-a-lifetime race driving experience including lessons from a professional race driving instructor. Enjoy the thrill behind the wheel in your own sports car or an Audi. Spring weekday date TBD.
Donor: Gates Auto Family and Audi of Lexington
Premier Live Auction Premier Live Auction Item #20 Drum Roll… Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23 Year Only the most careful and expensive distilling method can be used to create a whiskey as special as this one. These barrels were carefully selected from the heart of the warehouse for an added three years of aging. “Pappy” Van Winkle was a true character. This bourbon, like “Pappy,” is full of character that makes it a very special whiskey. (750ml bottle. Must be collected by 10am on 11/19/17.)
Donor: Wildcat Liquor & Friends of the Animals Premier Live Auction Item #21 UK Men's Basketball Package UK men’s basketball tickets to EVERY upcoming home game—need we say more? Package includes 2 tickets to the following home games: UK vs. Troy (11/20/17, lower arena), UK vs. Fort Wayne (11/22/17, lower arena), UK vs. UIC (11/26/17, lower arena), UK vs. Harvard (12/2/17, lower arena), UK vs. Virginia Tech (12/16/17, lower arena), UK vs. Louisville (12/29/17, third row upper arena), UK vs. Georgia (12/31/17, lower arena), UK vs. Texas A&M (1/9/18, lower arena), UK vs. Florida (1/20/18, upper arena), UK vs. Mississippi State (1/23/18, lower arena), UK vs. Vanderbilt (1/30/18, second row upper arena), UK vs. Tennessee (2/6/18, lower arena), UK vs. Alabama (2/17/18, lower arena), UK vs. Missouri (2/24/18, lower arena), UK vs. Ole Miss (2/28/18, lower arena)
Donor: Cornett, Fayette Heating & Air/Bret and Tami Melrose, WLEX, Rob Davenport MD, Lezlei Kelly, Darlene Newsome with VanMeter, Buck Hinkle and Anne Gorham, Kevin O. Stinnett, Melissa Hicks, Greg Engle, Stuart Bennett and Anita Britton, Toyota South, JMI Sports, MCI/AST Manufacturing Services, Ron Brown