he photograph shows part of a painting after a design for a mosaic by Antonio Salviati (1816 -1890) in the apse of the
Chapel of Kingâ€™s College London, Strand Campus. It depicts three of the seven representations of the Spirit of God (those of Wisdom, Might and Godliness) which surround Christ in Majesty, based on Chapters Four and Five of the Book of Revelation. The Chapel was designed by the distinguished architect George Gilbert Scott, who was also responsible for St Pancras Station and the Albert Memorial, and was built between 1859 and 1864. It is used daily for services including Morning Prayer, Evensong, the College Eucharist, Holy Communion, Orthodox Vespers and Roman Catholic Mass. For further details of services, contact the Chaplaincy on 020 -7848 2373. The Chapel is currently the focus of an appeal which aims to raise ÂŁ1 million for the restoration and long-term maintenance of the fabric, and to create an endowment fund for choral and organ scholarships. For further information about the appeal, contact the Development Office on 020- 7872 3006.