Holiday Guide Gift with a purpose this season!
HOLIDAYS AND GIFT GIVING GO HAND IN HAND. More and more, people are looking beyond the sparkles and price tags…they’re looking for something more meaningful to give. Giving something homemade adds that personal touch and says “I’m grateful for you.” We’ve gathered some easy-to-make ideas for gift giving, decorating or for warm cozy nights by the fire. Crafting’s not your thing? Opt for a gift card and let them decide – they’ll love the treasure hunt for just the right thing. And in the end, you’re the hero that made it possible. If you’re shopping at Goodwill, you’re already a hero. By shopping in our stores, you are providing opportunities for free job training, financial services, career readiness, and so much more. Gift with a purpose this season - and be someone’s hero.
For the Home
1. PLATE IT UP Give your baked goodies or family meals a little holiday cheer. SETS OF 4 PLATES $3.99 / GLASSES 99¢ EA.
2. ONE-OF-A-KIND STOCKINGS Pick up a retro sweater from Goodwill and follow our easy-tosew instructions for a homemade stocking. SWEATER $6.99
3. OUTDOOR CHIC Find a fun container at Goodwill and fill it with your favorite décor or a few snips from an evergreen tree. Voila! CONTAINER $5.99 / PINE ORBS $3.99
4. BRING THE OUTDOORS IN Choose a neutral container and add pinecones, branches or sparkly lights.
STAR $1.99 / BOWL $4.99 / LIGHTS $4.99 TALL CONTAINER $5.99 / BASKET $4.99
5. FLANNEL IS SO IN Find a colorful plaid flannel shirt to create a pillow slip cover. Use the leftover scraps for hand warmers (pg. 3). FLANNEL SHIRT $7.99
6. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY Create these cute snowflakes with puzzle pieces! Make them into ornaments or hang them as decor.
PUZZLE $1.99 / WOODEN HOOP $2.99
7. GET ORGANIZED Wrapping can be frustrating if you don’t have the right tools for the job. Keep all of your favorite wrapping paper within reach with this simple DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer. FRAME $9.99
NUMBERS IN RED BOX DENOTE DIY PROJECTS.
1. WE’VE GOT MUGS! Who doesn’t love a fun beverage container? From vintage to modern – gift a set or treat yourself. MUG SET (4) $2.99 MUG SET (6) $3.99
2. PASS DOWN A RECIPE Write up your favorite recipe (you know like grandma’s creamed corn) and place it in a repurposed vintage recipe box. BOX $5.99
3. SEND A MESSAGE With a little chalkboard paint, ribbon and a vintage silver-plated tray – your repurposed gift is purposeful!
4. JEWELRY HOLDER Repurpose a vintage glass juicer into a jewelry holder with some fun paper or fabric and mod podge. DISH $2.99
5. KEEP WARM THIS WINTER Transform a cozy flannel into the perfect hand warmers or eye mask. Add a little peppermint oil inside for extra holiday cheer! Tip: We used the scraps from the pillow slip cover (pg.2). FLANNEL SHIRT $7.99
5 Find all of these easy-to-follow DIY projects online! Head to goodwillwa.org/about/blog for the supplies list and more inspiration! Or on Pinterest @goodwillwa
Last Minute Gifts
Don’t panic - we have you covered! We carry a great selection of cozy accessories and games, or maybe a gift card is what you need.
Starting at just 99¢
MAKE IT A GAME NIGHT Browse our large selection of games and puzzles, from educational to board and travel, there’s something for everyone.
NEW SOCKS AND SCARVES Choose something warm and cozy – just right for everyone on your list.
Gift Cards >> Give the gift of thrifting with a Goodwill giftcard!
GIF T CAR D • YOU R GIF T CHA NGE
S LIV ES
Get your party on with an affordable ensemble from Goodwill. We can outfit you from head to toe, from casual to dressy. And if you’re looking for sequins – we have them too!