Party Tray Ideas Build Your Own Party Trays
GFS Marketplace® offers all the restaurant-quality products you need to create enticing, delicious, and versatile party trays. From tasty and distinctive sandwich cheese trays of zesty chicken wings, you’re sure to please every palate. We also offer free meat and cheese slicing, making your tray preparation even easier. Talk to one of our friendly, helpful associates today!
Basic Tips to Fold or Roll Meat
Begin with full slices of meats or cheeses. They should be slightly thicker than “shaved.” Include a variety of flavors and folds for the most appeal.
Start at one edge and evenly roll to the opposite edge. Place roll on the tray seam side down.
Meat & Cheese Tray
• Sliced meats: two to three varieties (roast beef, ham, turkey, or luncheon meat) • Sliced cheeses: one to two varieties (Cheddar, Swiss, co-Jack, jalapeño, or Muenster) • Fresh curly parsley: one bunch • Cherry tomato • Large plastic round tray and lid
• Sliced meats: two to three varieties (roast beef, ham, turkey, or luncheon meat) • Fresh kale: one bunch will make two trays • Cherry tomatoes: one pint • Large plastic round tray and lid
1. Loosely roll meats and arrange around tray in fan fashion, leaving an approximate 6" circle in the center. Alternate sections of meat with sections of sliced cheeses. 2. Separate sections of meats and cheeses with parsley. 3. Rufﬂe several slices of meat into a ﬂower shape, topped with a single cherry tomato, and use as a tray centerpiece. 4. Ring centerpiece with parsley for an appealing garnish. 5. Cover with lid and refrigerate until serving.
1. Line outside of tray with kale. 2. Loosely roll meats and arrange around tray in fan fashion, leaving an approximate 6" circle in the center. 3. For additional appeal, alternate sections of meat by color. 4. Rufﬂe several slices of meat into a ﬂower shape, and use as a tray centerpiece. 5. Ring centerpiece with cherry tomatoes for an appealing garnish. 6. Cover with lid and refrigerate until serving.
Fold slice in half matching edges up evenly.
Loosely fold into thirds, folding middle third left and top third right. This “accordion” style fold forms an “S” shape.
Make an “S” fold and then fold in half crosswise.
Garnish Your Tray with Greens Kale Use this richly colored, attractive green to decorate the edges of your party trays. Cut off bottom stalks and use only the ruffled edges. Soak in ice water for three minutes and drain well before placing on tray. Leaf Lettuce Leaf lettuce can range in color from medium to dark green, and some varieties have red-tipped leaves. Do not soak, but spray gently with cold water. Cut stems to lay flat.
Chicken Wing Tray You’ll need:
• Precooked chicken wings: three to four varieties (Wings of Fire, Chile Lime Wings, Buffalo Wings, Wing Zings, etc.) • Dipping sauces and ramekins (small dish): two to three varieties (barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, Buffalo sauce, honey mustard, etc.) • Fresh kale: one bunch will make two trays • Large plastic round tray and lid To assemble: 1. Line outside and center of tray with kale. 2. Place 2–3 ramekins of dipping sauces on kale in center of tray. 3. Cover with lid and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve: 1. Remove tray from refrigerator and remove lid. 2. Heat wings according to package directions. 3. Arrange prepared wings on tray in wedge shapes, alternating varieties. 4. Serve immediately.
Gourmet Cheese and Cracker Tray
Parsley Bright green curly parsley is available yearround, and is perfect for filling or covering small areas. After washing parsley, shake off the excess water and trim off stalks before use.
• Cubed cheeses: three to four varieties (Cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, co-Jack, jalapeño, or Muenster) • Crackers: three to four varieties (wheat, water, sesame, buttercrisp, etc.) • Large orange: cut in half, peel on • Fresh strawberries: one quart • Toothpicks • Large plastic round tray and lid
1. To create an appealing centerpiece, place orange, sliced side down, in center of tray. Break toothpicks in half and insert halfway into orange. Place a strawberry on each pick until orange is covered. 2. Alternate cheese cubes and crackers on tray in wedge shapes, filling tray. 3. Cover with lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ready-to-Serve Party Trays
GFS Marketplace also offers a number of ready-to-serve party trays, including veggie trays and shrimp cocktail rings. Ask an associate today!