Gannon University Residential Viewbook 2024

Page 1





The Office of Residence Life enhances the Gannon Experience by cultivating transformational engagement through inclusive, dynamic communities. We empower students to exemplify the university service standards of respect, well-being, seamless and engaged in their residential communities and beyond. We support student success by employing a collaborative approach through intentional interactions and meaningful connections.

Congratulations on your acceptance to Gannon University. We are looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the Gannon community.

Whether you are a first-year or transfer student, this guide provides important information for all incoming students. The Office of Residence Life (ORL) plays an integral role in welcoming new students and is available to assist you with any of your housing and meal plan decisions.

Gannon students have an active role in the housing process through the completion of online applications and forms, including the ability to provide specific information for roommate pairing and to identify personal housing preferences. Completion of some sections may require information from you, your parents or your doctor; be sure to give yourself enough time to acquire this information and do not delay. Please access with your Network ID and password to view your housing options and complete the necessary myHousing application. You will receive your Network ID and password from the Office of Admissions.

We are eagerly awaiting your arrival and would like to offer all possible assistance toward your success. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life at (814) 871-7564 or No question is too small if the answer will make things easier for you.

myHousing 1


Gannon University provides diverse housing opportunities for first-year students, each managed by a team of student affairs professionals. This includes Resident Directors (RDs), Resident Assistants (RAs), and Resident Campus Ministers (RCMs) who reside in these buildings. Our staff undergoes annual training to support residents in building a sense of community, offering assistance during emergencies and crisis interventions, and acting as advocates for student success. Additionally, all first-year student residence halls feature a front desk staffed to provide necessary assistance. We recommend completing your housing application as early as possible, as assignments are made in early summer. First-year students can choose from various housing options, including:

*All prices listed are a reflection of the 2023-24 residence hall pricing, current pricing will be provided at a later date and typically incurs a 3% increase. Additionally, a $165 “GU connect” fee will be assessed to all residents each semester. This fee includes network services.

DOUBLE ROOM SINGLE ROOM Finegan Hall $3,900North Hall $4,600 $5,000


120 W. Fifth St. |


• traditional-style residence hall (shared restrooms)

• four floors

• single gender by floor


• two-person rooms

• bed, desk, chair, dresser and wardrobe for each resident

• single micro-fridge

Capacity: 242 See


• main lobby lounge with large screen television, billiards tables and information desk

• individual wing lounge providing quiet study and work environment

• individual floor lounge providing television and social interaction

• meditation / spiritual wellness room

• laundry room

• vending machines

• community kitchen

• air conditioning / heating

• access to a sand volleyball court

• off-lounge patio



143 W. Fourth St. | Capacity: 282


• suite-style residence hall

• five floors

• single gender by suite (co-ed floors)


• two-to-five person suites with single and double bedrooms

• refrigerator and microwave

• kitchen table and chairs, love seat and lounge chair

• vanity and full bathroom(s)

• each bedroom includes a bed, dresser, desk, wardrobe and chair for each resident


• main lobby lounge with large screen television, billiards tables and information desk

• two lounges with full-size stoves, dishwashers, fireplaces and televisions

• two laundry rooms

• study lounges with whiteboards and overhead projectors

• social lounges with televisions

• two elevators

• central air conditioning / heating



The University offers numerous housing options for upperlevel students. These residence apartments offer a variety of living possibilities and amenities. Full descriptions of our apartment options can be found at


• options ranging from one- to five-resident units

• single- or double-resident bedrooms

• private full kitchen and bathroom

• fully-furnished living and dining area

• bedroom furnished with bed, desk with chair, dresser and either a closet or wardrobe

• Freeman • Harborview • Kenilworth • Lubiak • Walker • Wickford 6




• South

• Wehrle

• West


• single- or double-resident bedrooms

• bed, desk, chair, dresser, wardrobe and micro-fridge

*a microfridge is available for rent at South Hall



Students have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of nutritious on-campus dining options ranging from a buffetstyle cafeteria to individual made-to-order and gourmet options, all provided by Metz Culinary Management. Metz is an excellent partner in diet accommodations; once on campus be sure to work with our talented and knowledgeable Executive Chef for any specific dietary restrictions. Below is a brief overview of meal plan options, but a complete guide with pricing information is available at

Types of Meal Plans

A variety of meal plan options are available to fit all budget and dining needs. Living and eating in community are important to the Gannon experience, therefore all first- and second-year residents are required to choose one of the plans specified with a *star below. Beyond the first year, with more experience and access to in-room kitchens, second-year residents are required to choose from the starred plans or can choose the 150 or 75 meal plan listed under Upperlevel/Commuter Plans. As an upperlevel student, you may choose to purchase a meal plan, but are not required to do so. All meal plan rates are per semester.

All Access Plan*

Unlimited access to the cafeteria ONLY, with five swipes for guests per semester.

• Plan + $200 GU Gold = $3,990

Golden Knight Plan*

Allows students to use as many swipes a day with a maximum of 19 per week with five guest swipes for per semester.

• Plan + $150 GU Gold = $3,720

• Plan + $300 GU Gold = $3,870

Victor E. Knight Plan*

This option allows for students to eat at every meal for which the dining hall is open, or a total of 19 meals a week. Dining times include three meals per day Monday through Friday and two meals on Saturday and Sunday. Plus, seven guest swipes per semester.

• Plan + $150 GU Gold = $3,590

• Plan + $300 GU Gold = $3,740

Maroon Plan*

With 15 swipes per week, students are able to eat at a meal time of their choosing. A limit of three swipes per day Monday through Friday, and a maximum of two on Saturday and Sunday. Plus, five guest swipes per semester.

• Plan + $150 GU Gold = $3,095

• Plan + $300 GU Gold = $3,245

Upperlevel/Commuter Plans

Upperlevel and commuter students are not required to purchase meal plans, but many select any of the starred plans, or these additional meal plans:

150 Meal Swipes + $200 GU Gold = $2,155

75 Meal Swipes + $200 GU Gold = $1,176

50 Meal Swipes + $250 GU Gold = $895

25 Meal Swipes + $300 GU Gold = $623

*All prices listed are a reflection of the 2023-24 meal plan cost, current pricing will be provided at a later date and typically incurs a 3% increase.

1 1 1 2 2 1 2 5 ON-CAMPUS


Q: Do I need to live on campus?

A: Gannon requires that all students in their first through fourth semesters (including transfer students) whose parent’s/ guardian’s primary residence is outside the 25-mile straight-line radius of the university must reside in university housing. The only exceptions to the mandatory housing policy are if the student is married, a veteran of the Armed Services, has a legal dependent at their primary address, or has work experience and lived outside their parent’s home for two years.

Q: How can I make sure that I have completed and submitted all of the required housing forms?

A: Beginning in January, the Office of Admissions administers Network ID information to students who have paid their enrollment deposit. This information is disbursed through the mail and email.

Q: Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

A: All first- and second-year resident students are required to choose a meal plan option. Upperlevel and commuters have a choice to purchase a meal plan option, but they are not required to.

Q: Are all on-campus housing units safe and secure?

A: Gannon values safety on campus and thus swipe card or key entry is required for entrance into all residential facilities. Each building is also equipped with security cameras and fire detection/suppression systems. Gannon also has its own Campus Police and Safety Department as well as escort services accessible to all students.

Q: Does my housing contract include utilities?

A: Yes, all utilities are included in your housing contract rate. Utilities also include internet access in the living space.

Q: How soon can I move in to my on-campus housing unit?

A: The exact dates of the Housing Contract are listed in the application, but typically run the Friday before classes begin in Fall through the last day of final exams in Spring.

Q: Am I able to move off-campus during the academic year?

A: All students who sign a housing contact for a room agree to pay for a full year in said residence. Payment is made at the start of each semester, however the housing contract includes both fall and spring semesters. A student who ignores the contractual obligation and chooses to live off campus is required to continue to pay the room charges for the semester(s).

Q: Am I able to stay in my residential housing during academic breaks (winter, Easter, holidays)?

A: Residence halls are typically closed during break periods, but exceptions can be arranged through the Office of Residence Life. Meal plans are not active, and on-campus dining options are closed during these periods. However, GU Gold is accepted at various local restaurants, and residents can use community kitchens in their halls. Please note that staying during breaks requires completing an online break form, and there is no charge for this service.

Q: Do I need to purchase renter’s insurance?

A: It is recommended that students have renter’s insurance or be covered under their parent’s homeowner’s insurance, but it is not required. The university accepts no liability for lost, stolen or damaged personal property.

Q: Are health services provided on campus?

A: Student Health Services is Gannon’s on-campus care facility available to all registered students who have a completed Health Examination Form ( on file and a valid Gannon ID. There is no fee to be seen by the Health Services’ staff, but if off-site medical care is needed, payment for these services is the responsibility of the student through his or her insurance plan.


Turn static files into dynamic content formats.

Create a flipbook
Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.