20-25 AVERAGE CLASS SIZE
STUDENT FACULTY RATIO
300+ INTRAMURAL ACTIVITIES
“I value a smaller community feeling. My favorite part about Fort Hays is the small class sizes. Something that I enjoy is getting to know your professors and having personal interactions when you show up to class. You’re not just a number.”
Accounting and Finance
Computer Networking and Telecommunications
Health and Human Performance
Business & Industry
Business Teacher Licensure
Digital Media Production and Journalism
Health Promotion and Fitness Programming
Early Childhood Unified Economics
Human Resource Management
Career & Technical Education
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Information Networking and Telecommunications
International Business and Economics
International Relations/ Comparative Politics
Management Information Systems
Mathematics - Industrial/ Academic
Mathematics EducationMiddle School
Medical Diagnostic Imaging
Political Leadership and Public Service
• Veterinary Psychology
Public Accounting and Finance
Public Relations and Advertising
Teaching and Coaching
Technology and Engineering Education
Tourism and Hospitality Management
Recreation and Sports Management
Web and Mobile Application Development
Physics and Engineering
Social Work Sociology
Spanish for Specific Purposes
Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Sports and Exercise Therapy
Fort Hays State University is proud to welcome thousands of transfer students from all over the world each year, with a flexible, supportive process designed to ensure your transfer experience is seamless. Start your journey and request your free, unofficial transcript evaluation!
Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or citizenship status.
For just $5,634 a year in tuition and fees, you can get the educational opportunities that make FHSU a top-ranked Midwest university. And that’s before other scholarships.
That means you’ll probably earn more in your first year out of college than you’ll spend in four years of tuition.
This isn’t just about saving money. It’s about access to the tools to build the life you want. It’s about earning a degree from a world-class university, making lifelong friends, and starting a future without debt that anchors you to the past.
THAT MAKES FHSU THE GREATEST VALUE IN HIGHER EDUCATION ANYWHERE.
University of North Texas $ 16,746.66 University of Missouri $ 14,122.00 Oklahoma State University $ 13,920.00 University of Colorado $ 13,624.00 Northern Arizona University $ 12,652.00 University of Illinois - Springfield $ 12,262.00 Kansas State University $ 11,876.00 University of Kansas $ 11,581.00 Iowa State University $ 10,497.00 University of Nebraska - Lincoln $ 10,108.00 University of Arkansas $ 9,748.00 Wichita State University $ 9,321.82 Utah State University $ 9,228.00 University of Wyoming $ 7,418.00 Emporia State University $ 7,278.94 Eastern New Mexico State University $ 6,738.00 FHSU Kansas Regional Tuition $ 5,634.00
tuition and fees are for the 2023-24 academic year and subject to change in accordance with the Kansas Board of Regents.
Take a look at how our regional tuition stacks up against your state’s resident student rates.
U.S. AVERAGE OUT-OF-STATE TUITION
U.S. AVERAGE IN-STATE TUITION
FHSU REGIONAL TUITION $5,634
Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or citizenship status.
Step-by-Step Financial Aid Checklist for New Students
AUTOMATIC FRESHMEN SCHOLARSHIPS
All scholarships are renewable with a 3.3 cumulative FHSU GPA.
$15,000 YOU COULD RECEIVE UP TO OVER 4 YEARS!
You can accept your offer at FHSU.edu/freshmenscholarships | Deadline: June 30 Apply for additional FHSU scholarships at FHSU.edu/finaid/scholarships.
Yes, we superscore!
All for you
From Main to Vine
FHSU and Hays, Kansas are a perfect match. This city we call home is big enough to offer everything a college town should and small enough to put all that opportunity at your fingertips. Incredible food, great music, colorful festivals, and welcoming events. Hays has it all. You’ll find there’s something for everyone here and we’re a tight-knit community that supports you inside and outside the classroom.
• TGOF takes on a whole new meaning in Tiger Nation —Tiger Gear On Friday! Show your Tiger pride and earn great discounts throughout town when you wear your FHSU gear.
• Rally your friends and try a legendary burger from the Golden Q, sushi at Sake2Me Sushi Rolls, or try your hand at axe throwing at The Fort Tavern & Patio Bar.
• Celebrate FHSU, connect with alumni and the communities’ German heritage every fall during Oktoberfest and Homecoming.
• Back-to-School picnic is your first opportunity to learn about clubs and organizations on campus. This iconic event also features local businesses who support the Fort.
• Take a one-of-a-kind journey under the lights of downtown while you experience the local Chestnut Street District Art Walk and experience live concerts at the Fox Theatre.
• Stay active with an excursion to Frontier Park, local hiking and jogging trails, and disc golf courses.
• And don’t miss the annual FHSU NIRA Rodeo!
Living on campus will help you to grow your network and become part of the university community. At FHSU, you will find state of the art facilities that are designed to be an inclusive and inspiring environment that fosters creativity, friendship, and support.
Co-ed wing and floor, private pod restrooms and showers, on-campus dining.
Victor E. Village
Co-ed, learning communities, private pod restrooms and showers, on-campus dining.
Apartment-style with two-bedroom and four-bedroom options.
Agnew & Heather Halls
Suite-style with three-bedroom and four-bedroom options.
Apartment-style for married couples, families or upperclassmen with one-bedroom and two-bedroom options.
Greek organizations and the Honors College with one-bedroom and two-bedroom options.
Dane G. Hansen Scholarship Hall
Private rooms, for students interested in entrepreneurship (application required).
• High speed Wifi and Res Life Cinema movie channels.
• Shared community spaces perfect for studying, group projects, or game night.
• Free laundry facilities and Laundry Alert system so you know the minute your clothes are ready.
• Customizable meal plans and dining dollars for snacks (and the occasional late-night takeout order).
• Delicious on-campus dining options located in the Memorial Union and at the McMindes Café.
• Permit-based parking zones available across campus are $13 for on-campus residents.
“The community here is diverse, there are many opportunities to experience new cultures and meet new people. This has been a huge factor in my decision to attend Fort Hays State.”
Top 5 reasons to schedule your campus visit TODAY
• Meet with an academic department face-to-face.
• See a room in a residential hall.
• See yourself here and tour campus.
• Meet with admissions to get all of your questions answered about cost, scholarships, financial aid, and ways to get involved on campus.
• Entry for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship to FHSU.
THINGS TO ASK YOUR ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
• What is the total cost of tuition?
• What unique scholarship and financial aid programs do you have available?
• What housing options do you have including room options, dining, and more?
• What clubs and organizations do you have for students?
• What options are available for students to work on campus?
• What do Tigers do for fun in Hays?
• What are your most popular academic programs and what is FHSU most known for in terms of majors and minors?
• What happens if I decide to change my major?
• What is the typical class size?
• Will my classes be taught by adjunct instructors, full-time professors, Graduate Teaching Assistants, etc.?
“Completely debt free because of the scholarships that Fort Hays offered.
That’s going to definitely help me in the future.”
We can’t hear you...
Fort Hays State is a member of one of the most elite and competitive conferences in NCAA Division II, the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA). The conference touts 54 team national championships all time, including nine over the last three years. Fort Hays State has won 17 team MIAA Championships since joining the conference in 2006-07.
• 13 straight seasons of 20 or more wins, the longest current streak
in NCAA Division II
• #1 seed in the Central Region NCAA tournament
4 out of the last 7 years
• 3 national championships
• Top 10 in total wins
all-time among DII schools
Men’s & Women’s Soccer
• Combined 13 NCAA Tournament appearances
• Men’s soccer owns 3 NCAA Regional titles and 1 NCAA Super Regional title
• 2 MIAA Championships in the last 5 years
• Be one of 7,000+ fans in an electric atmosphere
at Lewis Field Stadium
• Newest sport, set to begin competition in 2024
• First MIAA school to offer women’s wrestling
Show Your Tiger Pride
• Join FHSU Cheer, Tiger Debs, Marching Band, Pep Band, and Color Guard
Golf Soccer Track And Field
Tennis Track And Field
MAKE IT HAPPEN
Coming to college can feel like
a big transition, but we’ll make sure you don’t make that transition alone. You’ll be guided through the entire process by FHSU student leaders, faculty mentors, and staff advisors who will inspire you with their own experiences and well-earned wisdom. Our orientation programs are designed to surround you with mentors and peers, creating meaningful connections, building friendships, and helping you find your place.
First Year Experience Orientation
Let the countdown begin! Every spring semester you begin working with your advisor to select courses and get an in-depth look at all the resources we offer to equip you for success.
To kick off your first semester, you’ll learn everything you need to know about FHSU traditions, participate in social events, and connect with your academic department.
40 Days at the Fort
Your official six-week welcome to campus is filled with fun events and educational programs that will plug you in to everything happening on campus.
This first-time freshmen course will teach you the basic skills you need to thrive as you transition to college life.
No better time than now
Fort Hays State is where your adventure begins. Here’s your checklist to help you stay on track.
We can’t wait to see you at an on-campus event, individual campus visit, or at one of our Tiger Road Shows. Schedule your campus visit experience at FHSU.edu/visit or check out our upcoming events at FHSU.edu/events
CLAIM YOUR AWARD
Use our Scholarship Estimator to see if you automatically qualify for Tiger Freshmen Scholarships ranging from $6,000-$15,000. Don’t forget to send us your test scores. FHSU.edu/freshmenscholarships
APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Apply early. After you’re accepted, you can apply for housing, scholarships, and financial aid–and then you can spend the whole year celebrating! FHSU.edu/apply
ACTIVATE YOUR TIGERNET ID
TigerNetID is a unified username and password authentication system for most Fort Hays State University computing resources. Activate your TigerNetID to explore your financial and academic information, FHSU e-mail, and other online services. Get started at FHSU.edu/activate
CHECK YOUR FHSU EMAIL
With your TigerNetID you can log in to your FHSU email. This email is a Gmail account and also can be accessed at: FHSU.edu/students
APPLY FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS
Now you are ready to apply for additional scholarships from FHSU. Scholarships are awarded from multiple sources across campus. The priority deadline to apply is November 15th and the final deadline is February 15th. fhsu.academicworks.com/opportunities
COMPLETE THE FAFSA
Start early, FAFSA will be available in December. Fill out your FREE application at FAFSA.gov
APPLY FOR HOUSING
After you are accepted, you can apply to live in one of our on-campus residence halls. See what life on campus looks like at FHSU.edu/reslife
ATTEND AN EVENT
Learn more and get all of your questions about college and Fort Hays State answered. See for yourself everything FHSU has to offer. FHSU.edu/events
LOG IN TO WORKDAY
With your TigerNetID, you can log in to Workday - FHSU’s student portal.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Are you admitted and wondering how to register in classes? Get started on your FHSU academic journey by connecting with an advisor to set up a Registration appointment. You’ll set your first semester’s course schedule. Check your FHSU email for instructions from your advisor about setting up your appointment.
SIGN UP FOR ORIENTATION
Orientation is reserved for all new FHSU students joining the Tiger Family in the Fall. At orientation you will find the skills you need to succeed during your time on campus. FHSU.edu/orientation