The Runaway Tyre Alexis Teixeira
Alexis Teixeira Stephen Greene
The Waste Fighters and The Runaway Tyre 1a edição
Curitiba Alexis Izidoro Teixeira da Silva 2012
Many thanks to Ivan de Jesus and Marcella Nogueira.
Paper Pal Mrs Bottler The crazy one The smart one
Cuptain The leader of the group
The lazy one
The moody one
Everyday, lots of old tyres are thrown away. 1
This is the story of a very sad tyre. His name is Tyred. 2
“Help! I can’t stop!”
One day, Tyred is playing near a cliff...
“Another tyre!” Moans the river.
Tyred meets lots of other objects in the river. They are all very sad.
And sees other tyres who are hundreds of years old.
Tyred isn’t dangerous. But ...
Be careful, it’s a monster. It can kill us!
This makes Tyred even sadder. Tyred decides to escape.
One night, he jumps onto a fishermanâ€™s line.
But the line breaks!
Then, one day he hears some friendly voices. “Tut, tut, tut. There’s so much rubbish in the river!” HELP! HELP!
“There is a tyre over there”
“Let’s rescue him”
“Sure. We’ll talk to Tree”
“Hey birds, please help Tyred”
“Hi Tree. Here’s the plan to save Tyred ...”
“Oh no! A waterfall!”
As Tyred falls, Tree catches him.
And throws him high in the sky.
Tyred flies a long, long way ...
Ha, Ha, Ha!
Letâ€™s help Tyred!
... and lands in a recycling truck.
Recycling Centre In the Recycling Centre, Tyred and other tyres start on a new adventure ...
... as mats, shoes, toys, bags, and lots of other brilliant stuff!
See you in our next adventure . . .
Tur no and ver coo you the pag l an w act d ch ill fin e alla d ivit the ies a ngin env book bout g iro and nm ent !
Activities The story 01) What are the main characters?
R U N A W A Y
02) Where does Tyred fall? a) in a river b) in a garden c) in a school d) in a hole
04) Who almost saves him? a) A fireman b) A fisherman c) A postman d) A dustman
03) Who helps Tyred? a) A monkey and a tiger b) A crocodile and a fish c) A tree and some birds d) Some elephants
05) Where does it go in the end? a) To a Shopping Centre b) To a school c) To a supermarket d) To the Recycling Centre
01) We can help our planet by NOT a) recycling b) saving c) wasting d) reusing
02) What should we do with rubbish? a) Throw it on the floor b) Put it in the bin c) Throw it in the rivers d) Put it in the fridge
04) We should avoid a) plastic bags b) eco bags c) paper bags
03) We can not recycle a) a plastic bottle b) a newspaper c) an aluminium can d) chewing gum
05) What are four things we can recycle?
R E C T Y R E S C L E activities
For more information about The Waste Fighters, activities, games, printouts, and tips to save energy, visit our blog:
PAPER PAL 14CM
70 YEARS OLD
6 MONTHS OLD
CANDLER 10 CM
110 YEARS OLD
IN CUPTA 8.2CMRS OLD 500 YEA
13 12 11 10 09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01