kbb - The Review • Franke’s Favourites • Ignite Your Senses With Hudson Reed Plus Luxury Kitchens, Worktops, Door Design, Kitchen Sinks, Smart Toilets, Walk-In Shower Enclosures and much more…
STATUARIO BIANCO - QZ135
The new 2018 collection
Introducing 7 new colours...
CRL Quartz is an engineered quartz stone comprising of 93% natural quartz. With 39 colours inspired by natural stone the surface offers consistency in design, is hard-wearing and extremely easy to care for.
t: 01706 863 600 e: firstname.lastname@example.org www.crlquartz.co.uk
2. Editor’s Kitchen Choice 4. Cross Into The Blue
With over 150 years of experience behind it, luxury kitchen specialist, Stoneham Kitchens, has created a bespoke kitchen for the Loizou family…
8. Premium Products
Luxury kitchen concepts that offer longevity, superior performance and design kudos…
Cover The newly launched Rak-Morning range from RAK Ceramics incorporates the latest rimless technology and has been designed to create ‘room for imagination’. 01730 237 850 • www.rakceramics.com
10. Leading In Luxury
German kitchen brand, next125, combines original thinking with German manufacturing to create show stopping designs…
12. Topping The Market
Keeping on top of the latest kitchen surfaces…
editor: Catherine Earle Catherine@KitchenandBathroomJournal.co.uk publication manager: Eoin Costen Eoin@KitchenandBathroomJournal.co.uk circulation: Circ@KitchenandBathroomJournal.co.uk Tel: 01502 732515 Twitter: @KB_Journal www.KitchenandBathroomJournal.co.uk Please note: points of view expressed in articles by contributing writers and in advertisements included in Kitchen & Bathroom Journal do not necessarily represent those of the publishers. While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information contained in Kitchen & Bathroom Journal, no legal responsibility will be accepted by the publishers for incidents arising from use of information published. All rights, including moral and intellectual property rights, reserved. COPYRIGHT: No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of the publishers. Copyright CPC Ltd, 2018.
ISSN 2052-3394 Readers should note that a charge may have been made by the publishers to cover the cost of reproducing some colour photographs in this publication. origination: CPC Ltd printing: Barnwell Print Ltd, Dunkirk, Aylsham, NR11 6SU published by: Craftsman Publishing Co Ltd, Landings House € Lound Road, Blundeston, Suffolk, NR32 5AT, United Kingdom
14. A Blue Hue
Surface specialist, Sylmar Technology, launches its latest worktop décor, Ice Blue, to complement 2018’s coolest colour trend…
16. kbb review
Deemed the biggest and most successful KBB to date, leading industry names welcomed more than 15,000 visitors to experience the very latest KBB innovations…
24. Franke’s Favourites
Colour, texture and precision craftsmanship were major design stories for Franke, KWC and Carron Phoenix at kbb…
25. Blum Stands & Delivers
Blum showcased its extensive product portfolio and services to new and existing customers on its award-winning stand…
26. The Bushboard Buzz
Bushboard enjoys the best kbb in its history…
27. Delightful Décors
Showerwall’s new range of bathroom décors took centre stage at kbb…
• 2 STYLES AVAILABLE IN 5 FINISHES • DELIVERS 98° STEAMING HOT WATER, AS WELL AS EVERYDAY HOT & COLD WATER
28. Lighting The Way
Exhibiting for the ninth consecutive year at kbb, Sycamore Lighting displayed its most advanced product range to date…
29. Creating Quality
Presenting a new dimension in kitchen design, Getley UK launched a wide range of new product at this year’s kbb…
30. Fronting Trends
The latest door designs to enter the UK market…
36. Super Sinks
Stunning sinks that embrace new materials, functions and clever designs to improve everyday performance…
40. Editor’s Bathroom Choice 42. Haute Couture Stone
Experts in natural stone, Elite Stone has embarked on its latest residential project for owners of a Surrey mansion…
43. Industrial Styling
Wetroom manufacturer Impey, marries high-specification functionality with ontrend aesthetics to offer its latest designled panel option for wetrooms and shower areas…
44. Walk-in To Style
Opening up the bathroom to contemporary showering…
46. Ignite Your Senses
Hudson Reed launches a new pushbutton thermostatic shower range to the UK market…
47. Smart Sanitaryware
Clever solutions for the forward-thinking consumer…
50. Business News
www.pronteau.co.uk Trade prices from £405.71 ex. VAT including filter
editor’s choice 2 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Spring is in the air and Amica is celebrating with soft new Duck Egg Blue (pictured) and soft Mint Green colours for its recently launched retro style top mount fridge freezer range. The A+ energy rated fridge features three safety glass shelves tested to 100kg, a fridge net volume 164 litres, freezer capacity of 2.5kg per 24 hours and a vegetable crisper drawer. 01949 862 010 www.amica-international.co.uk
EDITOR’S KITCHEN 1
New from Quooker is the Quooker Flex. This multi-function three temperature boiling water tap has an innovative added fourth function, a pull-out flex hose for delivery of warm and cold water with total accuracy, whilst also delivering cold filtered water for drinking, via an integrated water filter. The Quooker Flex delivers genuine 100°C boiling water for use in hot drink preparation, cooking and cleaning. For ultimate safety, however, it will not deliver boiling water when the flex hose is in use, thanks to Quooker’s unique boiling water safety device. 0345 8 333 555 www.quooker.co.uk
editor’s choice kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 3
AMANZI 1. Reginox’s New York collection is manufactured using an advanced deep-drawing technique. All seven sinks in the collection feature an ultra-smooth design without welded or folded seams. A small 10mm radius offers a minimalist aesthetic, whilst a unique and practical moulded waste set within a deep bowl ensures an even sleeker look, as well as optimum hygiene. Available in seven different sizes measuring from 183mm x 403mm up to 503mm x 403mm, the collection includes single, half, and 1.5 bowl configurations, all of which are offered with a lifetime guarantee. 01260 280 033 • www.reginox.co.uk 2. Carbon has evolved into the material of the 21st century. Its exceptional properties make the material a key driver of innovation in high-tech industries and now, sink manufacturer, Schock, has introduced the material into its latest range of sinks. The carbonquartz composite design is now available in the Carbon N-100S, Carbon N-100 and Carbon N-100XL models. www.schock.de
3. The Vario wine climate cabinets 400 series, part of Gaggenau’s new Vario cooling 400 series, has taken inspiration from the oak barrels used to age wine. Oak and dark anthracite aluminium bottle trays fully extend on telescopic rails to provide gentle support for the wine. Further safeguards are provided by the cabinet’s low vibration, humidity regulation, and the activated charcoal air filter which protects the wine from odour contamination. www.gaggenau.com
THE NEW DEFINITION OF
4. Bespoke cabinet maker, Smallbone of Devizes, has presented a selection of handmade, bespoke wine stores and home bars. Each one is handmade in its Devizes workshop and designed to suit a client’s exact specification and lifestyle. Every specialist drinks area provides innovative and bespoke storage solutions such as the Wine Wall which includes technology such as temperature and humidity regulation, vibration and UV ray prevention and design features including almond gold plated racks, full lighting control systems, glass displays, laser-cut leather panel backing, marble counter tops and sustainably sourced wooden shelving units. 020 7245 1066 • www.cultural-agenda.com
4 Introducing Amanzi, the new 3 in 1 boiling hot water tap. Performance and design at a price that will have you
A M A Z E D
T: 01260 280033 W: reginox.co.uk
KBJ Strip Ad Amanzi.indd 1
case study 4 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
THE BLUE With over 150 years of experience behind it, luxury kitchen specialist, Stoneham Kitchens, has created a bespoke kitchen for the Loizou family… Above: The island’s cabinets are from Stoneham’s Fusion collection, painted in Lead, with matching stainless steel handles. Opposite top: The exciting blend of navy, grey and copper tones creates a contemporary feel for the room. Opposite bottom: Stoneham’s bespoke drawers offer an abundance of space with a slip-proof base.
estled in bustling North London, the Loizous’ large, stylish threestorey apartment sits above their thriving hair salon. Having undergone a whole house renovation project, which included a complete re-vamp of three bedrooms and two bathrooms and lasted a total of thirteen months, the couple were in desperate need of a new and stunning kitchen to complete their home’s fresh look. Enter Stoneham Kitchens and their team of expert kitchen designers, who delivered a remarkable, bespoke kitchen for the Loizou family, following a collaborative consultation process and a thorough analysis of their requirements. The Brief: “The old kitchen had been in there for years and needed ripping out,” recalls Andrew Loizou, looking back to the start of their project. “My wife was on the
lookout for something quite contemporary. I myself am a great lover of gadgets and wanted a room that would make my life a lot easier.” With a desire for clean lines and no-nonsense, innovative functionality, the couple enlisted Stoneham to create a kitchen with plenty of clever storage space and a stand-out, eye-catching design, complete with dynamic and quirky technological and aesthetic features. Kitchen designer, Philip Haines, lead the project and helped guide the Loizous through their journey. The Solution: Drawn to Stoneham’s Fusion collection, the Loizous’ choice of cabinetry is arguably the kitchen’s defining feature; the two-tonal concept accentuates the room’s characteristics and creates an illusion of aggrandised space. The main run of cabinetry is precision finished in Blue Hague, one of 2017 and 2018’s most sought
case study kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 5
after kitchen shades. Particularly striking set against a backdrop of white walls, the dark blue furniture is complemented further by its counterpart, an impressive centre island composed of the same Stoneham collection in Lead, a light grey hue. Lead draws out the intricacies in the kitchen’s Silestone worktop and creates a contrasting ambience. Touch opening and extra deep, the darker cabinets provide practical sophistication, with the highest cupboard doors releasing electronically. The island furniture, however, benefits from sleek brushed steel handles, highlighting and catering to the clients’ diverse taste in kitchen styles and influences. Embellished with Senseo cool white LED lights across its edges and adorned with rose gold statement pendant lights, the island is the hub of the room, acting as both a sociable talking point and an immersive cooking area.
Pandering to Mr Loizou’s love of gadgets and perfect for 21st century food preparation, a Siemens induction hob sits on top of the island and is accompanied by an impressive hidden extractor fan and integrated, secret plug point. The kitchen is also enhanced by two state-of-the-art Siemens ovens, plus a discreet and essential wine cooler, which Andrew notes is “an absolute essential in life!”. The result? An utterly unfussy and completely contemporary kitchen, that flaunts on-trend colours, styles and accessories and blends in perfectly with the rest of the couple’s chic London apartment. Andrew gushes, “Overall, I think the general aesthetic of it, with the copper, the blue and the light grey, just makes the room come to life. It’s homely and stylish, without looking too pompous. We’re both thrilled with the final result.”
case study 6 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Stoneham’s Fusion cabinetry in Blue Hague perfectly frames the sink area, complete with electronically-opening doors in those hard-to-reach spaces.
Above: The owners’ Silestone quartz worktop blends in perfectly with the Lead cabinet doors. Above right: The Silestone quartz worktops seamlessly flows into an essential splashback behind the sink area. Right: The island boasts an integrated, secret plug point, for on-the-go charging of any device. For more information please visit www.stoneham-kitchens.co.uk or call 020 8300 8181 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
section header kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 â€˘ 7
To sell or specify next125 contact us today. email@example.com | 01661 842 304 www.inhouseltd.co.uk
luxury kitchens 8 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“Broad mixes of materials are being used across both furniture and finishing touches to create a ‘signature look’ through varying tone and texture. For the added touch of luxury, consider more avant-garde room accents. Glass and mirror, leather bound handle details, copper splashbacks, dramatic pendent lights and felt lined drawers to elevate your kitchen.” Simon Bodsworth, Managing Director, Daval
The Ego kitchen, created by Abimis and designed by Alberto Torsello, can be customised by the cut, colour, materials and dimensions, to make it as unique as a work of art. AISI 304 steel makes them not only resistant, but also everlasting, easy to clean, 100% recyclable and totally hygienic. Inspired to the professional kitchens, modules, drawers and doors can also be equipped with cooling and heated systems. www.abimis.com/en firstname.lastname@example.org
PREMIUM PRODUCTS Luxury kitchen concepts that offer longevity, superior performance and design kudos… 1
1. This bespoke kitchen by Mark Taylor Design features an in-frame design with simple detailing. The large chimney style opening for the cooking area was designed to keep this area separate and also define the space from the family room. The splash back is antique mirror, the cabinets are painted in Basalt (221) from the Little Green Paint Company and the grey stained floor has a matt oiled finish. The breakfast bar was chosen from a 250-year-old Oak tree cut down locally and hand shaped to keep it looking as natural as possible. 01628 486 707 • www.marktaylordesign.co.uk “A truly bespoke designed kitchen is probably the only way to optimise every element of the space in your room. This doesn’t mean cramming tiny cupboards and drawers into every nook. Instead, it actively encourages people to make demands on their space, and to use their kitchens to suit their way of living, not just to take the space and fill the voids. For aesthetic appeal and drama, bespoke designers can source and create shapes, textures, materials and pieces that make the kitchen look and feel seamlessly ‘yours’.” Mark Taylor, Managing Director, Mark Taylor Design
2. With its heritage in commercial catering, the Genesis 120 from Steel Cucine sets a new standard in range cookers. And just as luxury demands, it can be configured to a consumer’s requirements. Different hob combinations, with the option of a 6 kW/h brass megawatt wok burner, stainless steel or a choice of matt or gloss Le Creuset colours are just some of the options. 01661 842 304 • www.inhouseltd.co.uk
luxury kitchens kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 9 “At neillerner, we are seeing a major return of darker woods like oak and elm in colours like graphite grey and black. All these darker woods are deal for mixing with other luxury materials like marble and stainless steel as the combination creates a truly bespoke effect that effectively personalises each individual space for a design that is as unique as its owner!” Neil Lerner, Managing Director, neillerner Kitchen Design
3. Neillerner offers Italian lifestyle brand, Poliform. The new luxury collections comprise exclusive designer kitchens by Varenna, together with bespoke furniture for bedrooms, dining rooms and living areas by Poliform. Co-ordinated bespoke individual furniture pieces, such as beds, tables, sofas and chairs, are now also available to order from neillerner to complete the whole house furnishing offer. 020 7433 0705 • www.neillerner.com 4. Bulthaup’s b3 kitchen is fully customisable and offers you the ability to hand-select materials. From century-old bog oak, through-dyed laminate, or surfaces with multiple layers of lacquer, every texture and finish is individually accomplished by craftsmen. This freedom of design continues right down to the finest kitchen detail, with storage, preparation and cooking created around you. Pictured in high-gloss lacquer in Flint and wall panels in Walnut. +49 (0) 8741 80 508 • www.bulthaup.com
5. Concreations takes an artisanal approach, specialising in the design and creation of bespoke handmade, polished concrete worktops, countertops, surfaces and products, using advanced stone and cement formulas for interior and exterior use. Each product is unique, as is each pour, so products are working art rather than only functional items. The versatility of polished concrete provides the design savvy with endless possibilities in design, appearance and sculptural form. 020 8408 3000 • www.concreations.co.uk 6. The freestanding Wolf Outdoor Kitchen concept is built to order from a variety of elements including: grills, sideburners, fridge drawers, a sink, recycling bin, warming drawer, storage drawers and cabinets as well as a stainless steel worktop. The sides and back are offered in either full stainless steel or ready for materials such as timber and stone to be applied, offering the flexibility to design a unique kitchen which perfectly fit its surroundings. 020 8418 3800 • www.subzero-wolf.co.uk
luxury kitchens 10 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
German kitchen brand, next125, combines original thinking with German manufacturing to create show stopping designs…
LEADING IN LUXURY
ext125 rethinks kitchen design, delivering true innovation where fresh and creative thinking combines with advanced German manufacturing to create a new dimension. Drawing on the values of the Bauhaus movement, the collection brings sustainability, architectural design and the finest craftsmanship together with cutting edge technology and luxury. Next125 has received 14 international design awards and nominations, with innovation, choice and creative use of material a key element of success. Using the highest quality lacquers, glass, ceramic and real wood veneers are just part of this success story. The highest quality, functionality, ergonomics and design has resulted in increased consumer awareness and demand for this leading German kitchen brand. Top: Stand out from the crowd using strong colours and geometric shapes with NX500 in saffron yellow. Silky smooth to touch, the satin lacquered surface adds an understated elegance. Beautifully styled with gleaming chrome espresso machine, the design combination perfectly suited to the interior of the Old Coffee House in Port of Neuss. Centre: Turn conventional kitchen design on its head by hanging base units on the wall and turning wall cabinets into design feature. Co-ordinating wall panels with door fronts and adding a contrasting colour into the mix, creates instant magnitude and real ‘Wow’ factor. Bottom: For a timeless contemporary feel, the soft, warm wood grain of natural fir creates the perfect union with the dark tones of the NX950 ceramic graphite. The stylish furniture style next125 cooking table and contemporary open shelves effortlessly unite kitchen and living spaces, creating a cohesive and fluid design. To become a next125 retail or for more information please visit www.inhouseltd.co.uk or call 01661 842 604 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
section header kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 11
TOPS ON TOP
A product designed by Cosentino®
Cindy Crawford on Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold
On Top Tp To Feel the new velvety texture
Discover more at silestone.com
| Follow Us F T
COSENTINO UK- CENTRAL OFFICES Unit 10 Bartley Point/ Osborn Way/ Hook Hampshire RG27 9GX/ HQ: email@example.com
worktops 12 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Sensa is a protected natural stone surface by Cosentino. Pictured in White Macaubas, it offers an exotic feel with an elegant finish. With it’s distinctive veining, a protective treatment provides high stain resistance and a 15 year warranty. In addition, Sensa is, thanks to the material’s own natural characteristics, able to retain it’s colour and protect itself from alterations caused by sunlight and UV radiation. 01256 761 229 www.sensabycosentino.com/uk/
TOPPING THE MARKET Keeping on top of the latest kitchen surfaces… 1
1. Bushboard’s Stamford Oak worksurface is pictured in an ultramatt texture with new endgrain edging strip and matching Stamford Oak splashback. Featuring a Bushboard Sanitized® Worksurface – which deters the growth of bacteria by 99% - it measures 4100 x 600 x 40mm with 3000 x 500 x 8mm splashbacks. 01933 232 242 • www.bushboard.co.uk 2. Corian® is known for being a stain-resistant, hygienic, easy to clean, durable and renewable material that allows designers to integrate worktops with seamless sinks, decorative splashbacks, stylish edge details and curving cabinet doors. The latest addition to the range, Dune Prima, features white and sandy hues to create a natural and unique colour aesthetic to inspire design schemes that are equally distinctive. 0800 962 116 • www.corian.uk
worktops kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 13 3. Following on from its multi award-winning Rugged Concrete finish, Caesarstone has launched its industrialstyled surface, Cloudburst Concrete surface. With its “rough” low reflective matt surface, the design works alongside light and dark timbers, stainless steel and concrete surfaces and stays in keeping with on-trend industrial loft or Scandinavian design. 0800 158 8088 • www.caesarstone.co.uk
4. The splashbacks, worktops, breakfast bars and island components in IDS’s luxurious ultra-matt Fenix NTM® range feature a slimline 28mm square edged design for a crisp, streamlined aesthetic. Featuring a supermatt surface that doesn’t show fingerprints, is also ultra hygienic, highly resistant to solvents and can heal micro scratches simply by rubbing with a sponge or applying gentle heat. Pioneering technology uses acrylic resins mixed with nanotech particles and colour pigment that is electron beam cured at high speed to create its sealed, smooth, matt surface and thermal healing capability. Pictured in Grigio Bromo. 08457 298 298 • www.fenixworksurfaces.com 5. Formica Group’s new absolute matte worktop heralds a new generation of texture in the home. Available in 12 décors and six product sixes, the collection features anti-fingerprint and anti-abrasion surfacing technology, developed by Formica Group, which claims to have a stronger resistance compared with standard laminate. In addition, anti-microbial protection prevents the harbouring and growth of bacteria. Pictured in Diamond Black. It’s micro-contours also diffuse light to give the surface a depth of colour, providing its marble, wood and stone décors with a visual authenticity. 0191 622 0106 • www.formica.com
6. With seven new colours recently added, CRL Quartz is a range of 39 beautiful, engineered quartz surfaces that are hard wearing, easy to care for and resistant to scratch, heat and stains. Made of 93% quartz, the range is inspired by natural material and never needs to be sealed. In thicknesses of 20mm and 30mm, the surface comes in an extra-large format slab, allowing for greater consistency in design over large spaces such as kitchen worktops. Pictured is the new Statuario Bianco. 01706 863 600 • www.crlquartz.co.uk
worktops 14 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
With a cool-white background, minerva® Ice Blue uses dark blue flecks combined with crystal-like particulates to create a distinctive décor
A BLUE HUE
Surface specialist, Sylmar Technology, launches its latest worktop décor, Ice Blue, to complement 2018’s coolest colour trend…
worktops kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 15
minerva® Carrara White with factory machined drainer grooves
Part of the minerva® worksurface range, Ice Blue is available as worktop blanks, worktop sink modules and breakfast bars
ylmar Technology is proud to be in a privileged position to react very quickly to new trends in the kitchen market. With direct control of raw materials such as resins and particulates, the company can design any décor to suit local or global design trends. Since the company’s announcement in January of the introduction of a new décor, Ice Blue, to its market leading minerva worksurfaces range, the new décor has received a very positive response from distributors and retailers. Available in the first quarter of 2018, minerva Ice Blue has been developed uniquely by Sylmar to complement the latest trend for hues of blue, grey and Scandinavian timber. Peter JR Holt, Managing Director comments, “by working in conjunction with our valued distributors and retailers as well as keeping a keen eye on all colour trends, Sylmar is in the driving
minerva® Copper Fleck worksurface
seat to bring to market worksurfaces that meet the householder’s needs in terms of décor and ease of installation. The introduction of minerva Ice Blue is proof that we are truly focused on our customers’ wants and needs and that we can react quickly by bringing new décors to market.” From aqua blue and duck egg blue, through to cornflower blue and dark blue, the minerva Ice Blue worktop décor works with both gloss and satin matt finishes, traditional and contemporary furniture. For those who seek a bold and dramatic blue kitchen with the option of mixing and matching solid colours with woodgrain finishes, minerva Ice Blue is a versatile worktop choice. With a cool-white background, minerva Ice Blue uses dark blue flecks combined with crystal-like particulates to create a distinctive décor. Whether your look is country, modern or classic, the good news doesn’t just stop there. With a number of quartz-inspired décors
including minerva Ice Crystal, Grey Crystal, Sparkling White, Carrara White and Copper Fleck kitchen designers can match the timeless sleek appearance of any minerva worksurface to all shades of furniture. All 15 décors in the minerva® worksurface range are available as worktop blanks, worktop sink modules and breakfast bars. In addition, all 15 décors are available with matching splashbacks and upstands. The versatility of minerva® allows for any shape of your choice. Both concave and convex curved corners can be easily cut on-site. With such a versatile range of worktop sizes available and the ability to ensure the choice of décors reflects up and coming kitchen furniture trends, it is Sylmar Technology’s believe that the minerva worksurface range offers kitchen designers and home owners the most comprehensive and on-trend range currently available in the UK market.
For more information please visit www.maiaworksurfaces.co.uk, www.minervaworksurfaces.co.uk or call 01773 521 300 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review 16 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“kbb has been an excellent medium at letting visitors know what is going on in the industry, and I suppose without kbb, we would be a little bit lost.” Kitchen Base, Director at Kobad Bankwala
INDUSTRY INNOVATIONS AT
Deemed the biggest and most successful kbb to date by its organisers, leading industry names welcomed more than 15,000 visitors to the NEC to experience the very latest product innovations to enter the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom market…
xpectations were exceeded at kbb Birmingham 2018 despite the snow, as more than 15,000 visitors and a 25% increase in exhibitors from 2016 saw the event deemed the biggest and most successful yet. Market-leading product ranges, bespoke solutions and some of the world’s most future-facing technology were showcased across the show floor, which was increased in size by 18% this year to accommodate even more growth. A record number of international visitors, up 14% from 2016 -
alongside 76% of exhibitors rebooking for kbb 2020, reaffirmed that economic and trading conditions are ever-improving. Big industry names like Roca, Laufen, Smeg, Franke, Samsung and Corian returned to exhibit at kbb 2018, while Küpperbusch, Newform and Caple all launched new and innovative product ranges. Support was shown at the Retail and Design Conference by experts from brands including Houzz, Fitch, Formica Group and Futurist who shared practical solutions for
how to develop the future home, predict future colour trends and create retail theatre in a showroom. Prominent features on the show floor included award-winning designer Colin Wong’s ‘The Rock’ concept, which reinterprets kitchen architecture in the home of tomorrow and involved leading material suppliers Corian, Neolith, Formica and Cosentino. Meanwhile, the Innovation Awards named Wirquin Nano 6.7 Basin Waste & Trap, Virtual Worlds 4D Theatre, Multilines
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 17
Caccaro Walk-in Wardrobe and Villeroy & Boch Siluet with TitanCeram Ceramic Sink Collection as the industry’s most forwardthinking products in 2018. Feedback for kbb Birmingham 2018 has been overwhelmingly positive with many citing it as having a ‘vibrant’ and ‘buzzing’ atmosphere. Formica Group Europe described it as an “amazing and busy show”, while Der Kreis’ managing director Bill Miller announced 2018 as the company’s “most successful kbb to date”.
Sales Director at kbb Birmingham, Jon Johnston, adds: “We’ve had another outstanding kbb celebrating the incredibly forward-facing and innovative solutions in the industry. We have exciting plans for the next edition of kbb Birmingham, and are already in a strong place reaffirmed by our rebook figures. The next kbb Birmingham will take place from the 1st – 4th March 2020 at the NEC. For more information please visit www.kbb.co.uk.
“kbb Birmingham was a superb opportunity for the KBBG and it was a pleasure to welcome many new faces as well as members and suppliers to our stand. The KBB industry is rapidly changing and it is vital for us all to keep up with the rate of change. The KBBG is dedicated to supporting independent kitchen and bathroom retailers, providing a range of exclusive, tailored, benefits and services to strengthen and increase the success of each individual business.” Bill Miller, Managing Director of KBBG
kbb review 18 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 1. Exhibiting for the first time at kbb, CRL Stone has unveiled 11 new colours – four in the Ceralsio ceramic collection and seven in the CRL Quartz collection – bringing its range to more than 70 colours to choose from. Taking its influence from the trend towards natural stones, these new additions to the collection offer all the beauty of natural materials while being extremely simple to care for and designed to last a lifetime. Pictured is Ceralsio Statuario which has distinctive grey veining on a crisp white background. 01706 863 600 • www.crlstone.co.uk
2. Hyco has launched its newly extended Zen 100°C boiling and chilled tap range. This stylish range is one of only a few true boiling 100°C taps on the market. Customers can now enjoy combinations of 100°C boiling, filtered cold (ambient), chilled and sparkling water and kitchen mixer tap capabilities from a single outlet. The modular concept means your chosen tap can be tailored to meet individual requirements. Whether it is a domestic renovation, commercial specification project or retro-fit application, Hyco offers a bespoke solution for you. 01924 225 200 • www.hyco.co.uk 3. The HotSpot Titanium 3-in-1 hot tap provides three options in one single appliance - hot, cold and boiling water – with many additional benefits including child safety built-in. At kbb, the multifunctional tap was displayed in a brand new finish, matt black, and featured alongside two new pairs of designer Solo & Mixer taps. Available in two styles - Agostina and Lucca – the new designs are finished in polished chrome. 07711 204 272 • www.hotspot-titanium.com
4. Laura Ashley’s newly launched Stretto bath features a striking double ended design. Made from doubleskinned white acrylic, which is resin reinforced for strength, it benefits from fantastic thermal properties. Measuring 1750mmL x 790mmW x 700mmH, it is pictured with the Lucca freestanding bath shower mixer. 01225 303 900 www.lauraashleybathroomcollection.com 5. Küppersbusch has presented its latest induction hob innovations at this years kbb, including its 2-in-1 Profession+ KMI 9800 and new 80cm Premium+ KMI8500. Both models feature the new Individual VKM 1800 ventilation grid, easily personalised in six different colours and at 39dB to 55dB noise level setting, it’s ideally suited to open plan kitchen design. 0207 692 8707 • www.kuppersbusch.com
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 19 6. The new Infinity Single-Fall wetroom shower tray from Abacus claims to be the only product of its kind on the market today where the one-way fall of the tray and drain are fully integrated and waterproof. This allows for straightforward installation and is provided with a complete installation kit which covers all on-site situations and will ensure your wetroom is secure and finished to the highest standard. 0345 850 50 40 www.abacus-bathrooms.co.uk
7. Frontline’s Vetro Stone electric radiator was on show at this year’s kbb. Available in two colours – grey and travertine – it is supplied with 700 watt element capable of wireless IR communication. Measuring in W500 x H1000, it can be finished in a polished or brushed steel effect. 0845 470 2424 www.frontlinebathrooms.co.uk
8. Unveiled at kbb Birmingham, a new Classic Grey finish has been introduced to the furniture range from Burlington Bathrooms. Designed to provide essential storage in the modern bathroom, with freestanding and curved designs provided as part of the expanding collection. Combining practicality with style, the Classic Grey paintwork features a HDP waterproof polymer and UV primer to maintain the high quality finish over time. Chrome or nickel handles complement the pale grey furniture with Minerva worktops available in three stocked colour options. 01322 4732 22 www.burlingtonbathrooms.com
9. Schüller’s Vienna range features sleek new fronts in Lava black for that must-have urban look. Ingenious oak cross dividers combine additional storage with an eye catching feature and Georgian style glass fronts create further lighting opportunities. Then there is the eclectic colour palette, with 26 environmentally friendly satin lacquers, from historical hues to contemporary pastels and rich, deep tones. 01661 842 304 • www.inhouseltd.co.uk 10. Salice’s stand featured the new Slider M35 Top coplanar sliding system for medium sized cabinets, along with Mover, which is a vertical sliding system for wall cabinet doors. Also received with great interest was its new M35 Reverso - a remote controlled system that opened two coplanar doors simultaneously to reveal a wide screen media display. 01480 413 831 • www.saliceuk.co.uk
kbb review 20 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 1. The Beyond collection from Roca includes WCs, basins, furniture and baths that feature elegant curves and soft lines. When it comes to basins, customers can choose from solid surface materials or ceramic manufactured from FineCeramic® which is 40% lighter and 30% more resistant to abrasives than conventional basins. The Beyond WC’s all feature rimless technology and are fitted with a water distributor that maximises flushing performance. All WC’s within the range flush at 4.5/3 litres and the soft close seats are manufactured from Supralit®. 01530 830 080 • www.uk.roca.com
2. InSinkErator® has introduced its 4N1 Touch; a brand new collection of taps that offer instant, filtered steaming hot water and instant filtered cold water, as well as regular hot and cold water, from the same combined fixture. The range of 4N1 Touch taps forms part of the InSinkErator® Showroom Collection and are available in three different shapes and in brushed steel or polished chrome (pictured in a U Shape tap and finished in polished chrome). A stylish, affordable combined fixture; the 4N1 Touch is designed and made in Italy with a solid, premium, low lead brass composition, adding extended reliability. 01923 297 880 • www.insinkerator.co.uk 3. Abode’s new and on-trend circular showerhead – first shown at kbb - is available in two sizes and designed to coordinate with the Abode Serenitie range. Shown here with the Abode Serenitie Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve and Shower Handset all in Rose Gold. 01226 283 434 • www.abode.eu
4. Launched at this year’s KBB Birmingham, Union from Crosswater is a unique brassware range that is designed to challenge the traditional concept of bathroom fittings. Offered in four finishes of Chrome, Brushed Nickel, Brushed Brass and Brushed Black Chrome, each unique surface is complemented alongside knurled detailing that is expertly machined as accents onto each piece in the collection. The collection of taps and shower brassware are offered with a choice of lever or wheel handles, and for those with a penchant for bold colour, a distinctive Red handle option. 0345 873 8840 • www.crosswater.co.uk 5. BA launched its ClicCubes tool-less stackable storage solution. In a tower format, it can be bought in stackable configurations and complemented with storage baskets to provide an eye-catching modular storage solution. You can even opt for no backing or wall-hung to create an attractive display when filled with your favourite accessories. Add a little colour to a neutral scheme with over 16 colours to choose from for a contemporary twist. The response to this new product drew interest and curiosity with lots of retailers requesting more information. 01709 545 277 • www.baclicbox.com
“It was great to meet our customers as it’s not often I get to sit down and have a proper chat with them about all our products and future developments. Looking towards 2018/19, we used kbb as the perfect opportunity to gather market research before we decide on which colours and styles to launch next.” Brian McCracken, Managing Director of BA Components
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 21 6. Sink manufacturer, Blanco, has introduced the Artago sink. showcasing stunning contrasting shapes. It consists of a round Silgranit® bowl which is surrounded by a square steel frame, resulting in a striking material mix – both to look at and to touch. The technically discerning combination of Silgranit® PuraDur® and brushed stainless steel is extremely stylish and available in the CombiColours anthracite and white. 01923 635 200 www.blanco-germany.com/uk
7. Caple’s new state-of-the-art Nosta (DD925CO) downdraft extractor is ideal if you are looking for a statement piece for your kitchen. As its name suggests, it features nostalgic/retro styling, reminiscent of a jukebox. On trend in a beautiful copper and black glass finish, this model features four speeds including a boost function with an automatic timer which switches off ten minutes after cooking is complete. Measuring 880mmW by 130mmD by 370mmH (704mm into a base cabinet). 0117 938 1900 • www.caple.co.uk 8. Silestone® has expanded its Eternal Collection collection with the introduction of five new colours: Bianco Calacatta, Classic Calacatta, Desert Silver, Eternal Emperador, and Eternal Marfil (pictured). The new hues, exclusive to Cosentino’s Elite Studios throughout 2018, offer a modern, reinvented take on marble and stone and feature veining and highlights through the material, including its edges, resulting in a more natural appearance. 01256 761 229 http://sensabycosentino.com/uk
9. Perrin & Rowe® has showcased its new 3-In-1 instant hot mixers with side rinse at kbb. The range consists of the contemporary styled Phoenix (pictured), traditional Polaris as well as the countrystyle Celeste design, offering up-to 98°C of steaming hot filtered water instantly, as well as hot and cold water. Engineered and produced in Great Britain, it features an intelligent antiscald locking mechanism and comes with a compact 2.4L tank and open vented system, which ensures it is not pressurised at any point, whilst the accurate digital touch screen allows precise temperature control within 0.5°C from 75°C to 98°C. 01708 526 361 • www.perrinandrowe.co.uk
kbb review 22 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 1. Caressi exhibited its newest additions to the Caressi Colours line at kbb. We were already familiar with the stainless-steel tap CA112 in size L but now the design is available in sizes M and S, allowing it to be used in kitchens or utility rooms where space is limited. The M can even be executed in chrome and black, bringing the range of finishes to 12. +31 (0)314 - 378316 • www.caressi.nl/en
2. Masterclass presented new colours and new concepts in freestanding furniture at this years kbb. The company displayed its latest furniture collections in a way that demonstrated the opportunity they give to mix and match ranges and colour combinations. Functional and versatile, the new furniture enables seamless integration of the kitchen and living areas, an important requirement as open-plan spaces become the norm. New colours for 2018 were shown in line with the trend for colour blocking, including Scots Grey, Mulberry, Oxford Blue, Farringdon Grey and Highland Stone. www.masterclasskitchens.co.uk 3. Showing both ILVE and Faber brands at kbb, KitchenEx reported a great show. Faber’s newly upgraded Flight hoods with micro LEDs and more powerful motors were on show next to the new Faber Hob Extractor and new ceiling hoods. The stand was completed by upgraded ILVE cookers that feature much larger cavities, as well as new soft closing doors and internal oven lighting. 0845 548 3130 • www.kitchenex.co.uk
4. Roman unveiled new design concepts for the bathroom sector including innovative integrated solid surface fabrication in various colours. Newly launched products showcased on the stand included its Liber8 10mm Black Grid Pattern Wetroom Panels; Decem 10mm Victoriana Collection; true Level Access Sliding Door Enclosures; and the new generation of 8mm Innov8 Range. 01325 311 318 • www.roman-showers.com
“kbb was Roman’s shop window for the retail sector and our platform to energise and engage our retailers with the innovations that they have worked so hard to bring to market. It was good to see a UK Show with such a high footfall and great quality of visitors. We have had some really positive feedback from retailers on our stand, who have gone on to place new displays. Overall Roman felt kbb had a very vibrant and positive atmosphere.” David Osborne, Managing Director of Roman
Hot Property THE
3-IN-1 BOILING WATER TAP
3-in-1 tap for hot, cold & boiling water True boiling water @ 100ºC Child safeguard ‘Intelliprotect’ feature Patented 4L or 8L Titanium tank No spluttering or steam clouds Robust filtration to remove limescale 5-year Warranty (on registration) In choice of polished chrome or brushed steel Display terms & excellent margins available Exclusive to Premier Kitchen Specialists Call Ron Blount on 07711 204272 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Exclusive Alternative Option www.hotspot-titanium.com/en
kbb review 24 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
The new Era sink from KWC features a minimalist design, with an ultra-thin 4mm rim offering a unique ‘in-top’ installation method, an invisible ghost overflow and bevelled square waste cover.
Top: Franke’s new Fresno undermount sink offers sleek contemporary style with functionality designed into the lateral tap ledge and integral drainer. Above: The Carron Phoenix Larunda 3-in-1 tap in chrome has been developed to dispense 98°C steaming hot water in addition to standard hot and cold.
FRANKE’S FAVOURITES Colour, texture and precision craftsmanship were major design stories for Franke, KWC and Carron Phoenix at kbb…
olours and textures were the major design story for Franke UK at this years kbb, with the launch of four unique ‘Super metallic’ Fragranite colours, two grey ceramics, six new sink ranges, seven new taps, four new brassware finishes and five stylish hoods, plus a preview of its stunning new stainless steel worksurface range, stamping its mark for on-point design and quality in the mid to high-end of the market. This adds a total of 95 new products to the portfolio. Joining Franke were sister-brands, KWC and Carron Phoenix. Premium manufacturer, KWC, launched its first collection of sinks. Aimed at the luxury sector, they feature precision design and craftsmanship that exudes form and function.
Era features sleek proportions and a high precision look; the minimal, avantgarde Zoe symbolises grace and beauty; the highly functional and easy-to-use Ono sinks embody a practical and elegant lifestyle. Complementary taps are available with each range. Carron Phoenix reaffirmed its credentials as a brand that delivers good quality, design and value for the entry level to mid-market. Reflecting the ongoing trends for grey tones and mixing materials, the Stone Grey colour has been introduced to the Fiji granite sink and Reno tap ranges. The Larunda and Cardea extend the choice of hot water taps and the Dante Pull-Out tap range now has three new colour options.
For more information please visit www.franke.co.uk or call 0161 436 6280 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 25
Blum won the award for ‘Best Kitchen Stand Over 50 sq m’ at this year’s show
Blum’s Retailer Zone at kbb
The Space Tower had its own dedicated zone to showcase its benefits
BLUM STANDS & DELIVERS Blum showcased its extensive product portfolio and services to new and existing customers on its awardwinning stand…
rue to form, the Blum stand at kbb 2018 didn’t disappoint, with the top award - ‘Best Kitchen Stand Over 50 sq m’ – and a host of satisfied visitors. The stand certainly seemed to be a ‘destination’ for many visitors, who could be seen striding down the aisles heading straight for it. Blum kept the design simple but hugely informative, presenting what they do in a bite-sized, simple, format, allowing first-time visitors to get a great overview of Blum’s breadth of fittings and seasoned visitors to get a pretty much instant update on the newest developments.
The first ‘zone’ was dedicated to the increasingly popular Space Tower unit; with new interpretations of this larder solution showing different drawer depths and the new zero protrusion hinges (ClipTop Blumotion) allowing designers to specify internal pull-outs for a standard larder cabinet. The kitchen zone showed off wooden drawers with Movento runners and Legrabox pull-outs in Space Tower units – and demonstrated the wide variety of widths available – from 300mm to 1200mm wide, again ensuring huge flexibility for designers. The new product zone featured developments such as the Onyx Black hinge and the Cristallo hinge and Tandembox antaro drawers in Orion Grey. Blumotion S was presented too; it’s a new runner system that means the Blum’s three motion options (Blumotion, Servo-Drive or Tip-On Blumotion) can be used with just the one runner profile. The Retailer zone showed how installing five drawers in a kitchen (the average number in an average kitchen) could take on a whole new dimension with a bit of thought.
Extra-wide drawers, internal pull-outs, sink drawers, extra depth – there are so many variations that most consumers will never have considered, and the Blum Retail Services Representatives are always available to help Retailers with their displays. The Technical Services zone showed, amongst other things, details of the installers app and Live Support, part of the Technical Helpline system providing info, help and support for anyone installing Blum products. All in all, the stand had great appeal to a wide range of visitors – from designers, architects and specifiers who need to know the finest details and possibilities about new Blum products, to the guys who actually install kitchens and cabinetry using Blum products and who want to learn about the latest developments and how to in install them.
For more information please visit www.blum.com or call 01908 285 700 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review 26 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Above: Striking Urban Concrete worksurface and Graphite Oak splashback and breakfast bar recreated in Bushboard Omega laminate with brand new end edge detail
Bushboard Nuance Chalkwood bathroom panelling
THE BUSHBOARD BUZZ Bushboard enjoys the best kbb in its history…
ushboard is one of the UK’s leading producers of laminate worksurfaces and bathroom panels for the specialist kitchen and bathroom industry. This years kbb was far and away the best the company has enjoyed. Commercial Director Neil Horton says; “This years show has been an unprecedented success. The team worked incredibly hard to pull the exhibition together and we had much to show and created a real buzz amongst our kitchen and bathroom industry colleagues and customers.” Bushboard showcased their successful Nuance bathroom surfaces which the company says is the future of bathroom design and could ultimately replace ceramic tiling thanks to ease of installation and finish quality. Highlights from the company’s new Omega and Options worksurface collections were on display as well as the new ultraslim surface Evolve which will be formally launched into the market this summer.
Nuance panels are manufactured using a core that is 100 percent impervious to water and were shown in a continuous waterfall. The panels can be used for walls, around the bath or basin, inside a shower enclosure or to create a true wet room. Because there is no need for trims, Nuance panels present a sleek, seamless design that can pull the whole scheme together as they flow inconspicuously around internal and external corners. The panelling is easy to clean too – no grout lines to attract grime, limescale and mould. All that is needed is a wipe down with a damp cloth and mild detergent. The Nuance range is supported by a full-colour brochure that shows the range of designs and textures available and has detailed plans on how to create different looks including hotel style, a family bathroom and a wet room. The panels come with a 15-year guarantee and matching laminate worksurfaces are available to complete the look.
For more information please visit www.bushboard.co.uk or call 01933 232 242 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 27
Top Left: The Lightning Marble synchro texture is a unique innovation for Showerwall, and harnesses in-line printing technology to create a perfectly synchronised décor which achieves a realism in marble like never before. Above: Showerwall in Slate Grey, from the Quarry collection, which blends ultra-modern grey tones and a natural stone effect to give the appearance of fine-grained rock. Left: Showerwall in Diamond, from the Customs collection. Choose from Showerwall’s library of stylish designs as pictured, or create completely bespoke décors using any image.
howerwall has launched a comprehensive new product range inspired by nature, featuring the industry’s first synchronised texture for bathroom wall surfaces and new Proclick installation technology for a seamless finish. Ideal for use in shower enclosures, around baths, behind basins and to create statement feature walls, the new range offers a spectrum of 66 décors, suggesting the largest choice on the market. They are grouped into five collections of Marble, Quarry, Mineral, Acrylic and Customs standard or bespoke digital printed options. Overall, there are 33 brand new designs. Trends, textures and technology are key words behind the expansive new collection, which caters for all trends and tastes from luxuriously veined marbles, to earthy stones
and shimmering quartz, and from sleek glass-like acrylics to custom-printed designs. There are five surface finishes in gloss, matte, texture, synchro and acrylics each delivering premium aesthetics and performance, while complementing the design for which it has been carefully selected. The synchro texture is a unique innovation for Showerwall and harnesses inline printing technology to create a perfectly synchronised décor in Lightning Marble which achieves a realism in marble like never before. Another advancement is Showerwall’s new Proclick installation technology which mechanically locks the panels together providing seamless, almost invisible joints and eliminating the need for joining trims between panels.
Showerwall’s new range of bathroom décors took centre stage at kbb…
For more information please visit www.showerwall.co.uk or call 0845 604 7334 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review 28 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
A popular attraction on the stand was the new Flexile Strip which can be used on curved units
LIGHTING THE WAY Exhibiting for the ninth consecutive year at kbb, Sycamore Lighting displayed its most advanced product range to date…
Above: Celebrating 20 years in the business, Sycamore’s stand represented the company’s continual product development across two decades. Above Right: The interactive stand gave visitors an opportunity to use the latest lighting technology themselves.
his year, Sycamore Lighting is celebrating its 20th birthday and keen to showcase the company’s continual development, the lighting specialist introduced several new products at this years kbb exhibition. On show was a tunable white lighting display which is controlled via a WiFi control system. Visitors to the stand could use the technology themselves and experience live demonstrations first hand. A versatile LED Flexile Strip was also a focal point on the stand. Boasting illumination from all three sides, as well as being able to bend around tight bends, it’s the ideal product for curved units. The strip is available in warm, natural
or cool white, offering an option for any type of design. The strip is also IP68 rated making it suitable for use in a bathroom environment. To complete the line-up, the lighting experts also launched three new lighting catalogues at the show, including a lighting directory, a collection of pendant lighting and a new product catalogue that features all of its latest products. Gary Baxter, Managing Director of Sycamore Lighting adds, “Our Flexile LED strip was very well received, as well as our new Bluetooth lighting system and WiFI lighting controls. Overall the show was a great success for Sycamore this year.”
For more information please visit www.sycamorelightingltd.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 01132 866 686 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
kbb review kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 29
espoke kitchen, bedroom and bathroom manufacturer, Getley UK, showcased its brand new handleless door range at this year’s KBB. Displayed alongside a wide range of Egger décors and innovative storage solutions, the new, contemporary design took centre stage. Mark Getley, Managing Director of Getley UK explains, “Our new range of handleless doors has been introduced to combat the growing trend for sleek, openplan living. Slab doors are continuing to dominate the UK kitchen market and in response to this, we have created our first truly handleless door that, instead of using a j-pull opening, incorporates a concealed finger rail. It’s details like this that set us apart from the competition.” Designed with Egger décors in mind, the new range boasts design flexibility and on-trend finishes, bringing the total number of Egger colours available to over 100.
New additions to Getley’s kitchen range also include a new collection of wirework and integrated cabinet lighting. The new, pull-out wirework includes a light grey, nonslip base and newly designed chrome rails, whilst the newly launched integrated LED strip lighting – which have been designed to complement the company’s sensorcontrolled under cabinet and drawer lights - can sit neatly into aluminium channels that have been routed into the kitchen cabinets. A range of show-stopping kitchen accessories complete the new line-up. Mark adds, “Our company’s ethos has been based on creating quality products since 2006. Our latest innovations have been designed to offer a new dimension to kitchen design. We want our customers to experience the very best in kitchen manufacturing and for us, exhibitions like kbb allow us to present our products and our skills to a greater audience.”
Presenting a new dimension in kitchen design, Getley UK launched a wide range of new product at this year’s kbb…
Top Left: The handleless design incorporates a concealed finger rail for a sleek appearance. Top Right: The new handleless door range pictured in an antique finish from Egger. Bottom Right: Getley’s innovative storage solutions offer consumers the ‘wow’ factor.
For more information please visit www.getleyuk.co.uk or call 01785 211 251 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
doors 30 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Caple’s Genoa kitchen features a range of colour options for maximum versatility. You can mix and match complementary hues or go bold with a single statement shade. With six, smooth silk polyester finishes available, take your pick from Cloud, Dust Grey, Graphite, Light Grey, Mussel and Pebble to reflect the latest trend for muted colour in the kitchen. Key feature elements include curved cabinets for a contemporary twist whereas a decorative canopy, keystone pelmet and plate and wine rack inserts can create homely, traditional appeal. 0117 938 1900 • www.caple.co.uk
FRONTING TRENDS The latest door designs to enter the UK market…
BA’s latest Aldridge door is a traditional take on the standard Shaker style but with some subtle design differences that make it truly unique to the Bella collection. Available in 32 colours, this door has been designed to stand the test of time and will make its presence felt in homes all across the country. 02886 764 600 • www.byba.co.uk
doors kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 31
1. The new bevelled woodgrain shaker door from Trend Kitchen is available in four contemporary colours: Dust Grey, Ivory, Mussel and Light Grey. The new Dust Grey extends the shades of the ever popular grey and is included in four different price groups. An additional six matt colours have been introduced into the matt painted handleless range. Most Trend kitchen designs are available with colour co-ordinated cabinets and a comprehensive range of accessories including sinks, taps and worktops. Innovative storage solutions include pull down units and midway storage systems. 0800 028 4466 • www.trendinteriors.co.uk 2. Marpatt has extended it’s Airo gloss handleless range. Part of the contemporary collection, the kitchen design now includes five new colours available from stock. The off-the-self collection is now available in Cashmere, Alabaster, White, Light Grey and Dust Grey. 0116 2743 943 • www.marpatt.co.uk
3. Mereway Kitchen’s English Revival collection is a new interpretation of a traditional in-frame shaker door. The latest addition to the range is the Signature kitchen design. Pictured in Diamond Grey with polished nickel handles, it is a contemporary take on a traditional design and is available now. 0121 706 7844 • www.merewaykitchens.co.uk
doors 32 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“For us, the biggest factors influencing the market are a demand from customers for quality and from consumers for personalisation, so the focus is not just on new products but also how to make existing products even better. This could involve looking at ways to improve the specification of an existing door range, introducing a wider choice of door styles and accessories or providing customised door colours, all aimed at improving quality and design choice.” Neil Taggart, Marketing Manager at TKC
1. TKC has enhanced the specification of its popular Vivo slab door with the Vivo+ door range and at the same time, has added 24 new door sizes including external curves, giving customers improved aesthetics and product choice at the same highly competitive price. The new Vivo+ 18mm slab door spec features painted edges on the 1.5mm slimline radius giving a more seamless finish. The gloss finish of the door has been up-scaled to give a smooth, mirror-like surface with no trace of the orange-peel effect often visible on poorer quality doors in this category. 0161 336 3636 • www.tkc.co.uk 2. The Carattere linear kitchen from Scavolini, designed by Vuesse, is pictured in matt lacquered Mink. A distinguishing feature of Carattere is the frame door featured with a new handle that highlights the size of the frame. This concept incorporates details that make the space exclusive, like the plinth and bronze finish handles, which appear as an elegant graphical element, and the 45-degree Nabuk Oak breakfast bench. www.scavolini.design 3. The Buckingham White Ash kitchen from Trade Moulding is the latest addition to the Buckingham range. It brings the offer to nine colours from stock including Dove Grey through to Dust Grey (pictured). The range is not over painted for a more robust finish and has a full range of matching accessories. Made to order, it features a classic 65mm style width gives more options in the shaker family of made to order doors and is available in any of the non gloss colour options. 01706 753 600 • www.trademouldings.com 4. Nolte Küchen’s metal kitchen options allow designers to come up with on-trend industrial kitchens tailored to the demands of their clients. Thin worktops, customisable racks, Flex and Cube, as well as glass doors with a mesh wire effect for wall units, giving them a lightweight, elegant appearance for ultimate open-plan living. www.nolte-kuechen.de/en
Airo Gloss Handleless now available in 5 stock colours. At Marpatt we have built up a reputation as one of the leading suppliers in kitchen doors and accessories to the kitchen trade. Our contemporary collection is the latest to see an increase in choice with the stock airo gloss range increasing in size. This off the shelf collection is now available in the following colours; cashmere, alabaster, white, light grey and dust grey. For more information on our range of doors and accessories call us on 0116 2743943 or visit www.marpatt.co.uk
doors 34 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“Many of the kitchen doors coming through today tend to be flat handleless slabs, often made from MFC or a lacquered-type product. By driving new designs in this styles to retailers and manufacturers, I believe it will continue to enhance the prominence of contemporary design during what is a very exciting period in the industry.” Elliott Fairlie, Head of Décor Management at Egger
1. Egger’s award-winning PerfectSense matt MDF boards can be used for solid colour frontals. The special anti-fingerprint property prevents unsightly fingerprints on the surfaces and considerably reduces the amount of cleaning required. Suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, the surface is also scratch and heat resistant. 0845 606 8888 • www.egger.com 2. Rotpunkt has launched its Horizon Kitchen in new Matt Black. Featuring horizontal slat matt black veneer doors and drawers, it is pictured with base units in veneered horizontal Dutch grooves. Slab door are also available. The wall units are shown in high pressure laminate which ensures the matt finish is fingerprint resistant. If this design is madeto-order, this finish can also be designed in gloss. 07415 113 946 • www.rotpunktuk.com 3. Yes, this is a fridge but a fridge with a difference. The new Bosch Vario Style fridge offers a huge variety of different coloured door fronts so you can change the theme of your kitchen anytime you want. Enabled by a clever combination of invisible hooks and magnets, the doors are easy to swap over, offering a simple solution to allow you to change your home whatever the occasion. All you need to do is pull the front gently towards you, lift and remove it, and simply hook on the new door. www.bosch-home.co.uk
Made in Germany
THE LIFESTYLE YOU LIVE THE KITCHEN YOU WANT UNCOMPROMISED GERMAN QUALITY COMES AS STANDARD
Join our retailer network today! firstname.lastname@example.org | 01661 842 304 www.inhouseltd.co.uk
kitchen sinks 36 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“At the higher end of the market, where undermount stainless steel sinks were once the predominant trend, they have now become almost mainstream. Sink design for the luxury purchaser is now moving into a new era where minimalist design is combined with ultra-stylish accessories to deliver maximum functionality with elegant and pared back aesthetics. The new generation of sinks feature design details such as invisible overflows, integral grid ledges, square waste covers and contrasting gloss and brushed finishes as differentiating factors. These elements demonstrate a level of precision craftsmanship that we feel elevates the sink from a purely practical object into a highly desirable one that speaks of design appreciation and luxury.” Larah Kuziw, Brand Manager at KWC
The Era sink from KWC features an ultra-thin 4.5mm rim that offers a unique ‘in-top’ installation method, an invisible ghost overflow and bevelled square waste cover. The slim rim is highly polished to provide a glossy finish that contrasts with the bowl and this design detail is reflected in the soap dispenser and push-button pop-up waste. Stylish accessories include a teak and stainless steel strainer bowl and a solid teak chopping board. The Era is one of three new KWC sinks available now. 0161 436 6280 • www.kwctaps.co.uk
SUPER SINKS Stunning sinks that embrace new materials, functions and clever designs to improve everyday performance…
kitchen sinks kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 37
1. Blanco’s Cronos XL 8 sink from the Steelart collection is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel and is a modern day interpretation of the traditional farmhouse-style favourite. Along with its simple design, the new sink has an eye-catching apron front in brushed stainless steel with a matt finish. 01923 635 200 • www.blanco-germany.com/uk 2. Carron Phoenix has introduced the Stone Grey colour into its Fiji undermount granite sink range in addition to Polar White, Champagne and Jet Black. Stone Grey has the look and feel of natural matt stone and its undermount installation offers a sleek and streamlined look. The sink is available in five sizes and is scratch resistant, temperature resistant to 280°C and won’t stain. It also features Sanitized® anti-bacterial protection, proven to reduce bacteria and microbe growth by 99%. 0161 436 6280 • www.carron.com
3. The minimalist design of Franke’s new Fresno granite sink in Luna Grey creates a streamlined aesthetic with a ultra-smooth surface, tight corner radii and undermount installation, while the super metallic finish gives a subtle sparkly lustre that adds to its luxury appeal. The Fresno super metallic granite sink range in Copper Grey, Lunar Grey, Sterling Silver and Copper Gold is available now. 0161 436 6280 • www.franke.co.uk
“Consumers are increasingly looking to add their own individual stamp onto their kitchen. This is beginning to filter more into sink design, with granite being the material of choice to reflect this trend. Granite sink design has been reimagined to offer a more contemporary look with sleeker outlines and tighter corner radii, while the hardwearing properties of the material are enhanced with the addition of metallic particles. These sinks are tactile and visually appealing, delivering a pared back and luxurious aesthetic.” Jeanette Ward, Communications Manager at Franke
kitchen sinks 38 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“I think we will see the continued growth of undermount sinks and coloured sinks, and the introduction of more functional designs, such as watersaving features, multi-level sinks and intelligent wastes. With the continued growth of the ‘living kitchen’, which is seeing us spending a greater amount of time in this all important room, homeowners are increasingly seeking out a strong combination of form and function and there is demand for more aesthetically ‘sexy’ products, including a stunning sink!” Dave Mayer, Sales and Marketing Director, Reginox
1. Reginox has added a new shade, Atomic Grey, to it’s RegiColor collection of coloured stainless steel sinks. The new colourway has been introduced in response to the ongoing trend for shades of grey within the kitchen and is available across all sink sizes in both the company’s high-end RegiColor Ohio and mid-market RegiColor Centurio ranges. Available from stock, it sits alongside three existing RegiColor stock shades: Arctic White, Midnight Sky and Sahara Sand. 01260 280 033 • www.reginox.co.uk 2. Perrin & Rowe®’s Shaker Double 900 ceramic sink has been handcrafted in the UK and fired in a kiln three times at temperatures of up to 1200°C, creating a highly durable finish. Measuring 465 D x 229 H x 895mm W, the inset sink is pictured with a phoenician filtered mixer and rinse with a parthian mini instant hot tap. Photo Credit: Charlie Kingham. 01708 526 361 • www.perrinandrowe.co.uk 3. Embracing the trend for all things geometric, the Arlington sink from Rangemaster consists of 1.5 bowls, features stylish square wastes and a smooth drainer for a bold but streamlined addition to a contemporary kitchen scheme. Manufactured from high grade stainless steel, it is enhanced by a Micro-Sheen™ finish for a soft brushed metal effect and ground edge trim. 0115 946 4000 • www.rangemaster.co.uk “We continue to offer stainless steel models that have strong, contemporary designs and, to achieve this, they require new manufacturing processes that are far more complex than a traditional pressed sink design. For example, we are able to produce models featuring dramatic ‘zero radius’ bowls, which creates a geometric effect and allows a sink to sit perfectly within streamlined cabinetry.” James Cunningham, Sales Director, Rangemaster
Sensor technology redefined. BLANCO SOLENTA-S Senso with touchless start/stop functionality.
If both hands remain free, more time remains for more important matters. BLANCO SOLENTA-S Senso brings a fresh approach to your kitchen. It offers new possibilities and ease of use thanks to innovative sensor technology, automatic switch-off as well as significant water savings. Make working in the kitchen work for you. See the extensive BLANCO Tap product range on our website.
Tel: 01923 635 200
editor’s choice 40 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 1. A new height adjustable wash basin that assists hygiene control has been launched by Pressalit Care. Known as the Matrix M, Pressalit Care has developed new integrated power buttons for raising and lowering the basin and to aid all important hygiene control has incorporated all plumbing into a discreet, concealed unit. The Matrix M also features grab handles at the front of the basin. 0844 880 6950 • www.pressalit.com
2. Thomas Crapper has launched its first ever closecoupled WC. Complete with the famous Crapper ‘beer-pull’ lever, the new Viceroy cistern is cast in aluminium and can be supplied in polished aluminium or powder coated in ‘Crapper’ Red, British Racing Green or White for colour-blocking in the bathroom at its finest. Space saving but still with that classic edge, the Viceroy close-coupled pan has a choice of seat options, including a new soft-close solid wood option – another first for Thomas Crapper. 01789 450 522 • www.thomas-crapper.com 3. The Remarkable Toilet Company has unveiled the TRTC Floral Basin and Pedestal, creating a match for its popular Floral Toilet System. The TRTC Basin has standard fittings for taps and waste outlets. The toilet system, also with standard fittings, comes with a choice of hand crafted wooden seats, metallic flush pipes and cisterns in metallic, ceramic or handcrafted wood, according to the customer’s requirements. 01362 684 102 • www.beautifultoilets.com
4. New for 2018, Gemini Tiles has released its latest collection, Marbles. Available in two sizes, it is the perfect alternative to natural stone and provides an affordable and realistic interpretation of the original material. With three tonal variations in a neutral palette forming the colour scheme of the collection, options include Versus Warm Grey, which captures the ever-popular combination of white and grey, as well as Versus Cream with a dusky rose undertone and the soft ivory shades of the Celebration Cream design. 0800 014 2994 • www.ctdtiles.co.uk
EDITOR’S BATHROOM CHOICE 4
122108 Nomapack advert_Layout 1 12/12/2016 11:09 Page 2
PROFILES - THE BEST EDGE PROTECTION
nmc (uk) ltd. Tel: 01495 713266 E-mail: email@example.com www.nmc-uk.com
DallFlex shower channels award winning designs from Europe's acknowledged leaders
Download the new FREE K&BJ app. Search for ‘Kitchen & Bathroom Journal’ in the Apple App Store (iPad or iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android device).
To feature | Call 01502 732515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org To advertise | Call 01502 732515 or email email@example.com To request a regular copy | Call 01502 732515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallmer Ltd. T 01787 248244 W www.dallmer.com/en
feature page 42 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Left: The shower wall was clad in Tigers Eye, a semi-precious stone. Above: The walls were dressed in Paonazzo marble. Below Left: The inlaid bathroom floor was designed by Veyron Group and made of Crema Delicato marble and Tuscan Oak.
HAUTE COUTURE STONE Experts in natural stone, Elite Stone has embarked on its latest residential project for owners of a Surrey mansion…
lite Stone supplies and installs marble and stone for private and corporate clients around the world and works on apartments, villas, hotels, palaces and well known public institutions like the Mariinsky Theatre in St Petersburg, where their craftsmen built a 3,500 square metre back lit wall. The latest project has seen the Italian company collaborate with Veyron Building Group to construct a new basement spa area and separate en-suite bathroom in a mansion in Surrey. The luxury spa dazzles with gold, black and emerald mosaic, whilst the white bathroom has been designed to reflect a modern and streamlined look. The opulent bathroom design incorporates luxurious Paonazzo Marble on the walls and Cremo Delicato inlaid with Tuscan Oak on the floor. Many different types of craftsmanship were required for cutting and fitting the marble, but book matched marble is the most difficult technical achievement. “It demands a mastery of marble cutting,” says Tetyana
Kovalenko, CEO and founder of Elite Stone. “It involves cutting blocks of natural stone into slabs, using a large saw which works like a bread slicer. Once the slabs are cut they are laid flat to be polished and then bundled together in the same order at the other end of the processing line. When these slabs are placed side by side, you will see that they are a near mirror image of each other. Veining can then be matched up to create one unbroken pattern.” Everything about the bathroom is unique, along with bespoke bathroom cabinets and shower. The vanity unit is also made entirely from marble and the drawers lined in luxurious leather, whilst the shower wall is clad in Tigers Eye, a semi-precious stone. The show stopping concept has paved the way for Elite Stone to work on further residential projects, as they continue to offer expert craftsmanship and an understanding of how to utilise natural stone to create outstanding spaces.
For more information please visit www.elitestonegallery.co.uk or call 020 3302 5570 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
walk-in enclosures kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 43
The new Soho wetroom panel from Impey
haracterised by unrefined aesthetics and the use of aging metalwork, bare concrete and exposed brickwork, the industrial interiors trend draws on the unfinished, utilitarian style of factory and warehouse conversions, to bring an element of stripped back, salvaged allure into the modern interior of homes and living spaces. Previewed for the first time at the recent kbb 2018 exhibition, the new Soho wetroom panel from Impey is inspired by the trend for urban styling and industrial partitioning. The aluminium-framed Soho shower screen is powder coated in jet black, boasting rustic exposed framework throughout to enhance the panel’s authentic rugged appeal. This stylish, design-led screen incorporates purposely visible screws creating an unfinished aesthetic, integrated splash gaskets, completely concealed hinges and 1520mm adjustment option, ensuring that the product is as versatile as it is attractive. Epitomising a raw, industrial style, the new Soho panel range incorporates exposed aluminium frames on the outside of the unit
only; with the wet side benefiting from a fullyflush surface to ensure ease of cleaning. In addition, the 8mm toughened safety glass is treated with an easy clean coating, to inhibit the build up of dirt and ensure it needs to be cleaned up to 50% less often. Standing at 210mm high the configurations include single pivot door (alcove), pivot door with fixed panel as well as a variety of return and walk in panels. Chris Kingaby, Impey’s Product Director adds, “The new Soho range offers a fresh and innovative shower screen option, enabling a current and growing interior trend to be incorporated into a bathroom environment. The new design offerers a much-welcomed alternative to a plain glass shower screen. The response that the range received at kbb 2018 was marvellous, with potential stockists and specifiers enthused by the attention to detail; particularly the powder-coated aluminium panel features and the clever concealed hinges. We can certainly see the range becoming incredibly popular and have already had great success with display orders.”
Wetroom manufacturer Impey, marries highspecification functionality with on-trend aesthetics to offer its latest design-led panel option for wetrooms and shower areas…
Above Left: The screen incorporates purposely visible screws creating an unfinished aesthetic. Above Right: The design includes powder-coated aluminium panels and clever concealed hinges.
For more information please visit www.impeyshowers.com or call 01460 256 080 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
walk-in enclosures kitchens 44 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
The Conoflat shower surface from Kaldewei is a perfect fit for floor-level, walk-in shower areas. It is available in 12 matt shades from Kaldewei’s Coordinated Colours Collection to complement the latest tile colour trends. As with all Kaldewei products, Conoflat is made from steel enamel and is guaranteed for 30 years. It is available with an easy-clean surface treatment and anti-slip finish. The Conoflat is available in a total of 33 tray sizes ranging from 80 x 80 to a generous 100 x 180 cm. 01480 498 053 www.kaldewei.co.uk
WALK-IN TO STYLE Opening up the bathroom to contemporary showering…
walk-in enclosures kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 45
1. Available in either walk-through or cabin-style models, Scuretto from Treesse was designed by Marc Sadler and features an innovative led lighting feature within the Cristaltech® shower wall and roof. In keeping with Marc Sadler’s clean-lined approach to design, the back-wall and tray are all in one piece of Cristaltech® for ease of maintenance and the tray itself has a built-in drain. Functions include an overhead and hand-held shower and an optional Bluetooth and Cromoexperience (coloured) Lighting feature are also available. 01279 771 159 • www.gruppotres.it
2. Matki’s Boutique Walk-In shower enclosure comes in a range of sizes from 1590mm to 1790mm and made from 8mm and 10mm glass. The design also comes with an integrated shower tray with an innovative junction between the glass and shower tray, ensuring complete water retention and a seamless appearance. For more compact spaces, it is possible to add a hinge panel for an extra layer of splash and spray protection. Matki Elixir Blade Brassware can also be built into the setup. Available in sizes from 1590mm to 1790mm and made from 8mm and 10mm glass. 01454 322 888 • www.matki.co.uk 3. Frontline’s Velar walk-in shower is crafted from 8mm thick safety glass coated with an Aquashield easy-clean solution. Reflecting the industrial bathroom trend, it features an etched window design and matt black stabilising bar. It also has an adjustable profile and reversible design for design flexibility. 0845 470 2424 www.frontlinebathrooms.co.uk 4. Aqata’s DS445 walk-in shower enclosure features 10mm toughened glass and ClearShield ECO-GLASS™ as standard. Available in a range of colours including the a new gold finish, Polished Nickel and Brushed Nickel, standard sizes range from 1100 to 1400mm. Non-standard sizes are also optional and a full range of shower trays, complete with 90mm hi-flow waste, are also available. 01455 896 500 • www.aqata.co.uk
feature page 46 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
Above: Ignite shower valve shown in the round design with two outlet flow control options. Pictured with a round fixed shower head and arm, and round body jets with swivel. There is a wide range of shower kits and accessories available to coordinate with the new valves.
The new Ignite Push-button thermostatic shower shown in a slimline square design. The three outlet valve is shown here teamed with an ultra thin fixed head, a square hand held shower kit and square tile body jets.
Left: Ignite round push control thermostatic shower valve with two outlets. All Ignite valves work from as low as 1-bar pressure.
IGNITE YOUR SENSES Hudson Reed launches a new push-button thermostatic shower range to the UK market…
udson Reed, one of the UK’s leading bathroom specialists, has launched a stunning range of precision engineered ‘Push-Button’ showers called Ignite. The new intuitive shower valves are the ultimate in bathroom style and technology allowing complete controllability – ‘at the push of a button’. Functions such as start/ stop activation, on/off flow controls and, depending on model – single, twin or triple valve, the ability to direct flows from dedicated outlets such as overhead shower, body jets or hand-held shower. Available in round and square button chrome options, the Ignite showers are a slimline design with all controls hidden behind the almost flush-mounted concealing plate and are built around the innovative in-house, UK manufactured, Valquest shower valve for thermostatic control, safety, performance and durability.
James Abrams, Sales Director at Hudson Reed says, “The popularity of pushbutton showers is growing year-on-year as consumers recognise the benefits they offer such as style, convenience and the ultimate in controllability. Our new Ignite range introduces this cutting- edge technology at a very competitive price point, which opens up new market opportunities and sales potential for our retailers.” As featured on the front cover of the new consumer brochure, the push-button showers complement Hudson Reed’s luxurious bathroom collection of ceramics, furniture, baths, enclosures, showers, brassware, heating and mirrors. The brochure, out this April, entitled “Beautiful Made Easy” comes with a refreshed new look, designed to inspire and engage with the consumer and the perfect selling tool for Hudson Reed’s retail partners.
For more information please visit www.hudsonreed.co.uk or call 01422 417100 Download the free Kitchen & Bathroom Journal App from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) to experience this page’s interactive links
smart toilets kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 â€˘ 47
The Axent One and Axent One Plus shower toilet from Crosswater has been design by Matteo Thun and Antonio Rodriguez Design. Whilst the Axent One features a wash function, self cleaning, adjustable water temperature and night light, the Plus model includes an additional warm air dryer, seat heating, deodoriser and massage functions which can be operated via a side dial, app or remote control pad. Available in a wall hung or back to wall design. 0845 873 8840 www.crosswater.co.uk
SMART SANITARYWARE Clever solutions for the forward-thinking consumerâ€Ś
smart toilets 48 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
“Since TOTO came to the UK market in 2009 as part of its European wide launch, the Washlet smart toilet sector has gone from negligible to exponential growth, each year surpassing the previous in terms of sales. The consumer market as well major hospitality chains have now embraced the Washlet smart toilet as part of the present, not just the future.” Floyd Case, Branding and Project Manager at ToTo
1. The Neorest AC smart toilet from ToTo cleans itself and its user. The AC Washlet actively fights the accumulation of bacteria, waste and limescale through it’s special zirconium ceramic coating and UV light system which is integrated into the lid. User features also include a range of cleansing, hygiene, comfort and eco functions in order to ensure the highest levels of hygiene are delivered. 020 7831 7544 • http://gb.toto.com/ 2. The Roca In-Wash Inspira WC has in-built technology for exceptional personal hygiene that provides complete cleaning, care and comfort. It’s soft curves and minimalistic design means the Smart WC will adapt perfectly to the interior design of any bathroom space for ultimate well-being. This product has been designed to run intelligently and naturally, the way technology should work. 01530 830 010 • www.uk.roca.com 3. Kohler has introduced its first intelligent WC for the UK market. The wall hung toilet features a heated seat with adjustable temperature settings, automatic deodorisation system, a stainless steel cleansing wand that offers adjustable spray shape, position, water pressure, temperature, pulsate and oscillate functions, warm water front and rear wash modes and warm air drying system with adjustable temperature settings. 0844 571 0048 • www.kohler.co.uk/ inspiration/new-ranges/veil/
smart toilets kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 49
“Although intelligent toilets are not as widely known in the UK market, Kohler discovered in a recent consumer survey that an overall fresher feeling and features like a deodoriser, a nightlight and a heated seat have strong appeal.” Mark Bickerstaffe, Director at New Product Development
4. Laufen’s new shower toilet, Cleanet RIVA, uses a clever operating concept on two levels: In everyday use, the shower toilet is operated by pushing or twisting the stainless steel rotary button at the side. The user can also select the basic or detailed settings using the touch screen remote control. It also claims to be the only shower toilet to feature a multi-stage hygiene concept in which the whole water circulation system is also thermally cleaned at regular intervals. For easy cleaning of the toilet, the design is joint-free and the ceramic has been treated with dirt-repellent LCC. The seat and lid also feature a quickrelease function. 01530 510 007 • www.laufen.co.uk
5. The Grohe Sensia® Arena is packed with state-of the-art features, such as a touchscreen remote control allowing you to save your favourite cleansing settings and a downloadable app for control through your mobile phone. It also comes with innovative features such as an air-infused shower spray, a rimless bowl, an automatic lid opening and, in the case of the floor-standing model, automatic flushing and rinsing using Grohe sensor technology. 0871 200 3414 • www.grohe.co.uk 6. Designed by German studio NOA, VitrA’s V-Care Comfort model wall hung WC features a sensor that opens the lid as the user approaches, adjustable washing and drying functions, a heated seat and more. The integrated shower function puts an end to the need for toilet paper and can be activated at the touch of a button on the remote control which is intuitive and very easy to use. The remote can also be used to control the temperature of the ergonomic heated seat. Basic functions of the WC can be controlled via touch buttons on the right and left sides of the pan. V-Care pans feature VitrA’s Rim-Ex construction which means there is no rim around the inside of the pan for germs and limescale to lurk and making it easy to clean. 01235 750 990 • www.vitra.co.uk
“Innovative WC technology is definitely driving sales. The shower toilet can be used by anyone, but it is particularly beneficial to those that find movement difficult. It can make maintaining personal hygiene much simpler and vitally private, making a high tech WC a valued investment. The new category of shower toilet will support growth in the market and I believe these types of product innovation will continue to rise in popularity.” Margaret Talbot, Marketing Manager at Vitra UK
business news 50 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 1. The HotSpot Titanium 3-in-1 boiling water hot tap will be available from selected Mereway Kitchen retailers in the UK and will be actively promoted through their Premium Partner Programme. Ron Blount, UK Manager for HotSpot Titanium says, “This is a natural partnership for two first class kitchen brands both aiming for the premium retail market and offering an excellent product with longevity and pedigree. We are delighted to be partnering with Mereway and look forward to a mutually beneficial association” 07711 204 272 • www.hotspot-titanium.com
2. PWS is adding another addition to it’s marketing department. Michaela Hanna joins the Newton Aycliffe based company as Customer Engagement Manager, to drive new opportunities and create value through client engagement across the business. Aidan Jackson, Group Marketing Director at PWS, added further comment on the appointment: “We’re delighted to welcome Michaela to our marketing team. This appointment reaffirms our continued investment, especially within our state of the art design centres, and our long-term strategy to position ourselves as the market leader in our industry.” 01325 505555 • www.pws.co.uk 3. Award winning Scottish kitchen designer and retailer Kitchens International has recently expanded its team with the appointment of two new Showroom Managers, two Sales Designers and a new Design Technician. With a successful year to date for kitchen sales the company is consolidating its position as one of the leading independent kitchen retailers in the UK. Gerry Watson, MD of Kitchens International says: “It is encouraging to have such enthusiastic and talented new blood on the design team and they bring a wide range of experience to the company, offering our clients a continued, inspirational design service.” 01259 23701016-18 www.kitchensinternational.co.uk
4. Claudio Martinolli has been appointed Marketing Manager of Samo Industries Group. His seventeen years in sales and marketing and ten in marketing management have given him the experience to support the strategies of Denis Venturato, President and CEO of one of the leading Italian groups in the bathroom furnishing sector. “After gaining marketing and communication experience in a number of different competitive sectors, I am enthusiastic about this opportunity to put my skills to good use for an important, expanding industrial group. Samo industries – with the Inda and Samo brands – is continually seeking excellence in every aspect of the world of bathrooms”, says Claudio. www.terzomillennium.net 5. AKW, the UK’s leading manufacturer of accessible bathroom, kitchen and daily living products for the elderly, disabled people and people with reduced mobility, has announced it has been acquired by funds managed by PennantPark Investment Advisers, LLC. Nick Parsons, AKW’s Chief Executive Officer says, “I am excited to be re-joining AKW and to begin a partnership with PennantPark. PennantPark’s experience, resources and commitment to the business will enable the Company’s employees to execute on its long term strategic plans.” 01905 823 299 • www.akw-ltd.co.uk
business news kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018 • 51
6. Now in its third successful year, National Tile Week is back and set to make an impact in 2018. Sponsored by British Ceramic Tile, the week-long campaign will celebrate tiles in all their glory and aims to give the nation the confidence they need when it comes to DIY tiling projects. British Ceramic Tile’s head of retail marketing and brand, Jayne Adamson comments: “I am delighted to be supporting NTW 2018 to help raise awareness of the versatility of tiles. Consumers don’t realise how vast and exciting the choice of tiles is and I am keen to champion this under-used yet fabulous surface material!” www.nationaltileweek.com
7. PJH has launched a new consumer Bathrooms to Love website (www.bathroomstolove.uk), designed to make viewing and selecting its bathroom products and suites a simple, intuitive and easy process. Kimberley Cooper, Head of Marketing & Product, PJH, said: “Our newly designed Bathrooms to Love consumer website is a welcome addition to the suite of marketing communication tools we have developed to help boost bathroom sales with our partners.” 0800 8 77 88 99 • www.bathroomstolove.uk
8. At the beginning of March, Grohe launched an advertising campaign for the Grohe Sensia Arena intelligent shower toilet at 19 international airports in 15 countries. With the ‘First Class Seats For Everyone’ creative campaign, Grohe is targeting international travellers. The campaign can be seen at the major hubs of London Heathrow (Great Britain), Paris Charles de Gaulle (France), Frankfurt Airport (Germany) and Amsterdam Schiphol (the Netherlands). www.grohe.co.uk/shower-toilet www.grohesmart.com
directory - - BATHROOMS - -
--CARCASSES -manufacturers of bespoke kitchens and bedrooms
VR SOFTWARE SELLS KITCHENS, BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS. Call
0114 250 8889 today for a FREE trial CD.
• Fully colour co-ordinated rigid cabinets with 1mm or 2mm edging • Egger UK 18mm MFC board and 18mm solid backs • Hettich ArciTech soft close drawers as standard and available in four colours from stock • Hettich award winning soft close hinges as standard • Cabinet only or complete with doors supplied • Door hanging service available • A wide range of wirework factory fitted • Delivery throughout the UK
www.getleyuk.co.uk | email@example.com | 01785 211251
MAGNIFICENT REASONS TO WORK WITH ONE OF EUROPE’S LEADING MANUFACTURERS OF KITCHEN, BEDROOM AND FURNITURE COMPONENTS.
PRONTO ZURFIZ BELLA VALORE GLIDOR CLICBOX COMPLETE COOKSTOWN +44 (0) 2886 764600 DONCASTER +44 (0) 1302 890555
directory 52 • kitchen & bathroom journal april 2018
To feature | Call 01502 732515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org To advertise | Call 01502 732515 or email email@example.com To request a regular copy | Call 01502 732515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN THEY JUST CLIC! ClicBox is the revolutionary new concept in cabinets that employs the patented UNICLIC for furniture technology. The panels simply clic together with no fixings in record time.
E: SALES@BACLICBOX.COM T: +44 (0)1709 545277 WWW.BACLICBOX.COM YOU’LL LOVE IT... Available from BA Clic Components & Distributors nationwide.
Manufacturers ofkitch&bath journal_Clic Classified_73Wx60mmD_FINAL.indd quality kitchen and bedroom carcasses
Our painted kitchens and accessories are available in high gloss / matt painted and timber painted finishes. As well as our extensive standard pallet they are available in any colour you care to mention. RAL references, paint manufacturer reference and colour to sample are all available.
19/01/2017 14:39 doors
• 50 Egger colours • 18mm rigid built with 18mm solid backs • Blum Antaro soft close drawers • Blum soft close hinges • Delivery throughout the UK
We also manufacture made to measure Acrylic and PVC edged doors
Tel: 0121 788 2810 email@example.com
The Home of Painted Kitchens
firstname.lastname@example.org 01482 440680
visit www.marpatt.com to see the full collection.
t. 0116 2743943
- - KITCHENS - -
- - WORKTOPS - -
Kitchen and Bedroom Doors
To advertise in the classified directory call Eoin on 01502 732515
Made to Measure 7 Day Dispatch Prices from £3.58 + VAT
01825 700164 KitchenDoorWorkshop.co.uk
- - S I N K S & TA P S - -
INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION OF COMPONENTS, SEMI-FINISHED PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR THE FURNITURE INDUSTRY
16 -19 OCTOBER 2018 PORDENONE FAIR Exposicam srl Tel: +39 02 86995712 email@example.com
THE DECISION MADE. PRONTO. PRONTO WILTON OAKGRAIN GRAPHITE WILTON OAKGRAIN GREY
THE KITCHEN COLLE CTION
Made to Measure
6 Year Guarantee
Made in the UK
Among countless kitchen choices, if you see it, and you like it, you can have it. DONCASTER: +44 (0) 1302 890555 COOKSTOWN: +44 (0) 28 8676 4600