Co-Op Advertising Made Simple www.ThisWeekNEWS.com www.ThisWeekSPORTS.com
HEREâ€™S HOW IT WORKS:
1. Simply write down the names of any products you regularly purchase from a manufacturer or distributor 2. Record your merchant number next to each product.
ThisWeek COMMUNITY NEWS WILL DO THE REST. WE WILL: 1. RESEARCH any available co-op dollars you may have and report you our findings within 10 working days. 2. ASSIST you in applying the Co-op to your advertising schedule 3. DESIGN and have all Co-op ads pre-approved by the manufacturer before they run. 4. PREPARE an end-of-month co-op statement and tear sheets for easy reimbursement.
Is an arrangement between a manufacturer and a retailer to reimburse the retailer in full or in part for local placement of manufacturer brand/product advertising. With funding based on purchase levels, this promotion focuses on the manufacturer’s brand-name product for sale in the local marketplace and includes the retailer’s local information.
1. CO-OP ADVERTISING RESEARCH -
We can investigate your brand name products for available trade promotion arrangements and provide plan details, proposal documentation, and funding information.*
2. BRAND ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES -
We can provide you with the national newspaper advertising promotions for the product lines you carry to capitalize on the manufacturer’ s national programs.
3. ADVERTISING APPROVAL SERVICE -
We will have your finished cost outlines and ads pre-approved by the manufacturer before they run to make sure the ad meets all the manufacturer guidelines.
4. CO-OP CLAIM DOCUMENTATION -
We can supply you with an invoice and tearsheet claim submission package to qualify as proof-of-performance under co-op guidelines to ensure your reimbursement.
ThisWeek Community News can provide you with complimentary step-by-step assistance with your co-op advertising
*Certain manufacturers may requires a signed authorization and account numbers to release available co-op information
Manufacturer Advertising Sales Genesis Funnel
TERMINOLOGY TO KNOW • ACCRUAL AND ACCRUAL PERIOD- what you the retailer has earned and when you have earned it based on net purchases
• PARTICIPATION AND PERFORMANCE PERIOD - what the manufacturer will pony up for local advertising and when to use the accruals • CO-OP REQUIREMENTS - usually common sense rules on what should be included for the manufacturer to pay their portion. • CO-OP CLAIMING - what you , the retailer needs to provide in order to be reimbursed from the manufacturer.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CO-OP PLANS -
• FORMAL CO-OP PLANS - these plans have a set Accrual and Participation structure and set guidelines to follow in order to locally promote the manufacturer brand. • NEGOTIABLE CO-OP PLANS - These plans are truly based on building incremental business. What do you, as the retailer need in order to promote the brand and sell more product?
• NO CO-OP PLAN - the manufacturer has nothing established, but is far from a dead end. This can mean that there is a negotiable opportunity for the right retailer.
WE CAN CUT YOUR ADVERTISING COSTS IN HALF! 614-583-5793