Did You Know?
This resource is designed to allow your family to have time in God’s Word BEFORE your children attend church. Because God’s plan is for parents to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their children’s faith, we want YOU to be the one to introduce this part of The Big God Story to them. For additional support in spiritual parenting and to learn more about creating transforming environments in your home, be sure to pick up HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource from your church or download at HomeFrontMag.com. You can also access the HomeFront app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
2.3 God Shows Us The Promise Part of The Big God Story Luke 2:8–20 The angels proclaim Christ’s birth.
n or FFu JustJFust or Fun
r around age, gathe ve a tree, s s a p is th ding n’t ha Before rea as tree. (If you do lighting some tm d s n ri a h n C w r your do you the lights Explain to try turning ead Luke 2:8–20. n an amazing e candles.) Rthat it must have be ising God. Next, children so many angels pra arol “Hark! The c e sight to se family in singing thewant to search the lead your els Sing.” (You may nload the song.) g Herald An for the lyrics or dow Internet
• The angels who announced Christ’s birth first appeared to the shepherds, who were considered the lowest segment of society at the time.
Regardless of what your holiday traditions look like, this Christmas be intentional about thanking God for the amazing gift of Jesus Christ.
• Heaven and earth joined for a moment in celebration as a great multitude of angels spilled into the skies of earth to proclaim the arrival of Jesus. • After seeing Jesus, the shepherds were compelled to tell others of their experience with God.
Teachable Moments After reading Luke 2:8–20, discuss the following together:
Remember Verse for the environment of
• What did the angels say when they appeared to the shepherds?
FAITH COMMUNITY Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.
• What do you think the angels’ voices sounded like?
• What do you think the shepherds told people after they had seen Jesus?
For more information about blessing your child, see the Blessing section in HomeFront: A Spiritual Parenting Resource.
A blessing to pray over your child: (Insert name of child), may God fill you with joy as you celebrate Christmas. Jesus is The Promise. He is the best gift! © 2013 David C Cook. TruResources are developed in partnership with ROCKHARBOR Church and a national network of family and children’s ministry leaders. All rights reserved.
This preteaching tool for parents encourages families to spend time in God’s Word together before children arrive at church.