COSTA RICA VISUAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS DESTINY
PUERTO LIMÓN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PORT IN COSTA RICA. LIMÓN IS THE AREA WHERE MORE CULTURES CONVERGE.
We are the best option for private health services in the Caribbean. We have the best infrastructure and equipment, as well as a trajectory of more than 20 years serving in the province of Limón. We are characterized by the integral attention to the needs of each of our clients. We have a multidisciplinary and highly trained in health sciences team who share deep ethical, moral and professional values. The Santa Teresa Clinic was founded in 1996 by Dr. José Iturriaga E. and Dr. Teresa Ros, after they saw the need of the citizens of Limón to have a private healthcare service, with a high standard of quality and professionalism.
OPHTHALMOLOGICAL CENTER SANTA TERESA As part of the services of the clinic, it was decided to create the Santa Teresa Ophthalmological Center, a specialized service where is carried out the diagnosis and treatment of different ocular pathologies. In the Ophthalmological Center we specialize in the Surgeries of Cataracts, Glaucoma, Pterygium, Refractive Laser and Ocular Plastic Surgery.
We have state-of-the-art technology to provide you with the best experience during your procedure, guaranteeing you a prompt and satisfactory recovery. Our Surgery Room has the highest quality standards. In addition, it has been endorsed by the main health and infrastructure authorities of the country. Our procedures are characterized by: ambulatory, prompt recovery, vision is recovered in a few minutes and in most cases, the patient returns to their daily tasks one day after the intervention. Do not miss the opportunity to recover the 100% of your sight.
QUALITY POLICY We are a Center dedicated to providing ophthalmological medical services, combining professional excellence with the most advanced technology. Our main commitment is to satisfy the needs of our clients through the implementation of a Quality Management System, based on the continuous improvement of our processes, services and competence of our personnel.
DRA. IMELDA RAMÍREZ
DRA. SAYLIN ITURRIAGA ROS
GLAUCOMA AND ANTERIOR SEGMENT
CORNEA, REFRACTIVE SURGERY AND OCULAR SURFACE
- Ophthalmology Residency at Universidad de Costa Rica. - Subspecialty in Glaucoma and Anterior Segment. Oftalmosalud Lima Peru. - Professor of the Ophthalmology Postgraduate Program at the University of Costa Rica. - She currently works at the Ophthalmology Clinic of the C.C.S.S., place of reference in Costa Rica due to handling complicated cases. - She works privately in the Clínica Bíblica Hospital and in the Ophthalmological Center of the Santa Teresa Clinic.
- A trajectory of 10 years of experience in Ophthalmology. - Professor of Undergraduate Medicine, Latin University - Professor of Postgraduate Ophthalmology, University of Costa Rica. - Cornea Subspecialty, Refractive Surgery and Ocular Surface, Lima Peru. - Member of the Ophthalmology Association of Costa Rica. - Member of the Pan-American Ophthalmology Association. - Member of Pancornea. - Works in the Ophthalmology section of the San Juan de Dios Hospital. San José Costa Rica. - She works privately in the Clínica Bíblica Hospital and in the Ophthalmological Center of the Santa Teresa Clinic.
DRA. TERESA ROS ALVAREZ
DR. JORGE FONSECA JIMÉNEZ
- A trajectory of 38 years of experience in Ophthalmology. - Postgraduate in Ophthalmology, Higher Institute of Medical Sciences, Santiago de Cuba. - Retina and Glaucoma subspecialty, Santiago de Cuba. - Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Doctor of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Medical Sciences of Central America. (Mention Cum Laude Probatus) - Ophthalmology Postgraduate at the University of Costa Rica. - Subspecialty in Orbit, Eyelid and Lacrimal Pathways. Institute of Ophthalmology Conde de Valencia Foundation. - Medical Specialist Assistant, Ophthalmology Service. San Juan de Dios Hospital. - Ophthalmologist Specialist in Eyelid and Lacrimal Pathways at Oftalmejía Clinic.
EYELID AND LACRIMAL TRACT SURGERY
RETINA AND GLAUCOMA
MAKE LIMÓN YOUR MEDICAL DESTINATION - Tortuguero National Park contains the largest
- Puerto Limón is the most important port in
sample of Humid Tropical Forest
- A wide diversity of marine ecosystems: Cahuita,
- Tourism in harmony with the environment.
Puerto Viejo, Manzanillo, Punta Uva, Uvita Island,
- Relax in harmony with nature.
Cocles and Gandoca-Manzanillo.
- Tourism and health surrounded by nature.
- Cultural diversity: it is the area where more
- Wellness and health are waiting for you in
- It has 336 km of white sand, beaches, palm
- Recover in a natural climate.
trees, National Parks that protect humid tropical
- Ocular Surgery with the best professionals.
forests and coral reefs.
- Enjoy the view, without any problem.
EQUIPMENT LIST OF THE OPHTHALMOLOGY CENTER
CATARACT SURGERY WHAT ARE CATARACTS? Cataracts occur when the lens (natural lens) of the eye becomes gradually opaque due to the natural aging process, blocking the passage of light. As a result, blurred or distorted vision occurs when looking at different distances. HOW ARE CATARACTS DIAGNOSED? The Ophthalmology specialist will perform a regular examination to evaluate if you have Cataracts, performing confirmatory tests such as ocular tomography of the lens (Pentacam) and a contrast sensitivity test. These tests help to identify the type of cataracts and the evolution of these. Although Cataract is the main cause of decreased visual acuity in adults, it can be restored through surgery. WHAT IS CATARACTS SURGERY? Currently, Phacoemulsification is the most advanced method for the definitive treatment of cataracts. It consists of the use of ultrasound to dissolve and remove the damaged lens , and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens that does the same function and lasts for life. In addition, this lens does not lose transparency. WHAT BENEFITS DO I GET WHEN GETTING A CATARACTS SURGERY? - The blurred vision disappears. - Better perception of colors. - In most cases, the vision is restored the day after the intervention. - It's ambulatory. - The procedure is fast. - Topical Anesthesia
GLAUCOMA WHAT IS GLAUCOMA? Glaucoma is a disease that damages the optic nerve. It is the first cause of irreversible blindness, but with early detection and adequate treatment, blindness is totally preventable.
- Istent placement: Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). A device is placed in Schlemm's canal, through the trabecular mesh work, to facilitate the exit (creating a direct passage) of the aqueous humor. 20 minutes duration.
In general, Glaucoma does not present symptoms, since the deterioration of the visual field begins from the periphery towards the center. Due to this the patient often does not realize that he suffers from glaucoma until the disease is very advanced.
- Trabeculectomy: Creation of a channel for the direct exit of aqueous humor into a subconjunctival space. 30 minutes duration.
HOW IS IT DIAGNOSED? The diagnosis is based on a detailed clinical examination of the optic nerve, measurement of intraocular pressure and additional tests such as computerized tomography, pachymetry and the visual field. WHAT TREATMENTS ARE THERE? Currently, the treatment is based on the decrease of Intraocular Pressure. This can be achieved through the use of medications, lasers or surgery. Each type of treatment must be individualized according to the patient. With regard to surgery, it can be performed traditionally or minimally invasive. - Peripheral YAG Iridotomy: Procedure performed with laser at narrow angles. 5 minutes duration. - Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty: Laser procedure, non-invasive to reduce Intraocular Pressure (IOP). 10 minutes duration. - Endocyclophotocoagulation: Laser procedure aimed at the ciliary processes to reduce the production of aqueous humor and consequently lower IOP. 30 minutes duration.
- Implantation of drainage devices: (Ahmed implant or Baerveldt implant) a device is placed in order to drain the aqueous humor through a tube, to decrease the IOP, towards a space created by the device. 30 minutes duration. Combined surgeries of cataract phacoemulsification and glaucoma (Istent-trabeculectomy-drainage devices) 40-50 minutes duration. Tranescleral micro pulsed cyclophotocoagulation: Laser procedure, non-invasive, directed to the ciliary body, to lower the IOP. 5 minutes duration. Benefits of Glaucoma Surgery - Depending on the stage of Glaucoma, blindness can be prevented. - The surgery is ambulatory. - The procedures are fast. - Patients usually go back to their daily activities the day after the intervention.
OCULOPLASTIC SURGERY DO YOU KNOW OCULOPLASTIC SURGERY? The OculoPlastic Surgery is in charge of the pathologies and aesthetic and functional defects of the ocular orbits, eyelids and lacrimal ways, as well as the middle and upper part of the face. The aesthetic problems linked to the natural aging of the ocular area are also corrected, such as the elimination of eye bags and wrinkles. In this subspecialty, there are performed the following procedures: - Wrong palpebral positions - Entropion correction - Ectropion correction - Blepharoptosis correction - Correction of palpebral retractions. - Post-traumatic palpebral reconstructions or post previous-surgery - Resection of palpebral tumors - Lacrimal pathway surgery (DCR and dacryutation) As well as cosmetic procedures such as:
- Upper and lower blepharoplasty - Botox and Softlift application
PTERYGIUM SURGERY WHAT IS THE PTERYGIUM? Pterygium is an abnormal growth of connective tissue that tends to be directed from the white part of the eye to the cornea. It usually develops in the area of the eye exposed to ultraviolet radiation, environmental pollution or other external factors. SYMPTOMS Some people do not experience symptoms when the Pterygium is mild. However, when it is large or growing it produces symptoms such as: - Itchiness - Sand-feeling in the eyes - Burning - Feeling of having something in the eye (feeling of a foreign body in the eye) - Obscured vision when it grows on the cornea. If the Pterygium continues to grow it can invade the cornea, distorting the shape of the anterior surface of the eye, causing astigmatism and aberrations that affect the sight. PTERYGIUM SURGERY The extraction surgery of the Pterygium consists of eliminating the fleshy or abnormal tissue developed on the cornea. Under local anesthesia, the flesh is removed with very fine forceps and then the resection area is covered with a graft of the healthy tissue from the patient's own eye. ADVANTAGES OF PTERYGIUM SURGERY - Eliminates discomfort when opening and closing the eye. - Improves the physical appearance of the eye. - Fast recovery.
LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY WHAT IS LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY? Laser Refractive Surgery is a set of surgical techniques whose purpose is to eliminate or minimize ocular refractive defects such as myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism, which cause the images to be perceived in a distorted way, affecting the visual field. EYE DISEASES: - Astigmatism: It is a problem in the curvature of the cornea that prevents the clear focus of near and far objects. - Hyperopia: It is a refractive error in the visual focus, causing blurred vision. - Myopia: It is a mistake in the visual approach in which the images focus in front of the retina and not on it, hindering vision from afar. - Presbyopia: It is the diminution of the focusing capacity of the eye, which causes a loss of sharpness in near vision. It usually occurs after the age of 40 or 45. LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY: In this surgery, it is used only Laser, no scalpel. The procedure is performed with a high-frequency laser, which allows the correction of the vision. Due to the low invasive nature of the procedure, the risk of a complication is highly reduced. ADVANTAGES OF LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY - It's fast and simple. - It's ambulatory. - It is less traumatic to the eye. - Topical Anesthesia - The patient can return to his daily tasks the day after the intervention.
WHAT ARE THE INCLUDED SERVICES IN THE COST OF THE SURGERY? - Pre-operative and postoperative consultation. - Surgical Procedure. - Use of the Surgery Room. - Use of Recovery Room. - Nursing Service. - Basic Drugs to carry out the procedure (This item may vary according to the medical criteria or condition of the patient) - Basic Surgical Materials to carry out the procedure.
MEDICAL PACKAGE MEN PACKAGE $2500
(This item may vary according to the medical criteria or condition of the patient).
- Specialized equipment for the surgery (monitor, oximeter, oxygen, tourniquet, electrocautery, among others.) OTHER SERVICES WE OFFER: You can select the service you want to get; your package is totally personalized to your needs. - Terrestrial transfer of the patient Airport - Hotel - Airport. - Air transfer San José - Limón - San José. - Lodgings in San José and Limón. - Full meals: Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner. - Post-surgery nursing service 24/7.
Blood Count Blood Glucose Urianalysis Stool Test Fasting Lipoprotein profile (Lipid Panel): • Total Cholesterol • Triglycerides • HDL - Cholesterol • LDL • Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors
History & Exam by Ophthalmologist Fondoscopy Refraction Tonometry Slit Lamp Test (diomicroscopy): • Cornea • Iris • Lens Evaluation: • Glaucoma • Pterigion • Diabeitc Retinopaty • Retina Pathology
Hepatic Function Test: AST ALT Alkaline Phosphatase Total Bilirubin Direct Bilirubin Indirect Bilirubin Total Protein Albumin Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) Creatinin Uric Acid B) IMAGENES: Chest X-Ray Abdominal Ultrasound Bone Density Test C) DENTAL EXAM: History & Exam by Odontologist D) CARDIOLOGY: History & Exam by Cardiologist Electrocardiogram (EKG) Ecocardiogram (ECO)
F) GASTROENTEROLOGY: History & Exam by Gastroenterologist Endoscopy Colonoscopy G) INTERNAL MEDICINE: History & Exam by Internal Medicine Physical Exam Complete Evaluation of Lab Results H) UROLOGY History & Exam by Urologist Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Prostate Ultrasound I) Otorhinolaryngology (ENT): History & Exam by Otorhinolaryngologist Audiometry Test
WOMEN PACKAGE $2500
CHILDREN PACKAGES $900
Blood Count Blood Glucose Urinalysis Stool Test Fasting Lipoprotein profile (Lipid Panel): • Total Cholesterol • Triglycerides • HDL - Cholesterol • LDL • Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors
History & Exam by Ophthalmologist Fondoscopy
Hepatic Function Test: AST ALT Alkaline Phosphatase Total Bilirubin Direct Bilirubin Indirect Bilirubin Total Protein Albumin Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) Creatinin Uric Acid B) IMAGES: Chest X-Ray Abdominal Ultrasound Breast Ultrasound C) DENTAL EXAM: History & Exam by Odontologist D) CARDIOLOGY: History & Exam by Cardiologist Electrocardiogram (EKG) Ecocardiogram (ECO)
Refraction Tonometry Slit Lamp Test (diomicroscopy): • Cornea • Iris • Lens Evaluation: • Glaucoma • Pterigion • Diabeitc Retinopaty • Retina Pathology F) GASTROENTEROLOGY:
HEALTH CHECK FOR CHILDREN: BABY 0 – 6 MONTHS ($900): Healthy Child Medical Consultation Nutritional Evaluation And Guidance Written report TODDLER-PRESCHOOLER 1 – 6 YEARS OLD ($900): Pediatric Consultation LABORATORIES
History & Exam by Gastroenterologist Endoscopy Colonoscopy
• Blood Count • Urinalysis • Stool Test Nutritional Evaluation Written report
G) INTERNAL MEDICINE:
CHILD 7 – 12 YEARS OLD ($900):
History & Exam by Internal Medicine Physical Exam Complete Evaluation of Lab Results H) GINECOLOGY: Valoración Médico Ginecólogo Ginecologic Ultrasound Pap Smear I) OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY (ENT): History & Exam by Otorhinolaryngologist Audiometry Test
Pediatric Consultation Nutritional Evaluation LABORATORIES: • Blood Count • Urinalysis • Stool Test Ophthalmological Consultation Written report
CHILD WITH ASTHMA FAMILY HISTORY ($900): Pediatric Consultation Spirometry Allergy LabTest Written report HEALTH CHECK FOR TEENAGERS ($900): Medical Consultation Risk Factors Screening Test LABORATORIES Blood Count: • Urinalysis • HDL - Cholesterol • LDL • VLDL • Triglycerides • Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors • Blood Glucose • Stool Test Written report
Direct Line: (506) 2758-3145 Telephone: (506) 2798-0100 / 2798-2100 WhatsApp: (506) 8841-7085 Email: email@example.com
facebook.com/opticalaisla www.santateresacr.com Costa Rica, Limรณn center