Issuu on Google+

Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Plasticase / Nanuk

I just had a really negative experience with Plasticase....the company Suing invicta for the SAN OQ and Venom OQ case design. I have the sAN OQ case, and invicta doesn't sell replacement foams....so I contacted Plasticase, who does. They called me 3-4 weeks after I placed the order, wanted to verify I was ordering the right foams for the right case, since I had not ever purchased or registered a case with them. . . So I explained that I had the Invicta Case and wanted to switch out the foams...and that Invicta doesn't sell the alternate foams as a part. at which point they bille dme another $.60 for shipping... Today I get an email, another month since the last contact, says "sorry we're not going to sel it to you, we're not going to support the competators product, get your foams from them..we're going to refund your $20." How rude, not to support the end -users caught in the middle, and to keep the money and get the interest on it for nearly 2 months, and to top it off, they're not refunding the $.60.....now $.60 is **** money, but the idea is nauseating. I will never support, buy, or sell a plasticase product personally or for work use or resale ever again, (not that I have, they were new to me, but I would have) . I would ask the same of my fellow WGs, if you agree it's outrageous behavior. Thanks for listening. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits

3 Lastest Threads by MessalineApghar Thread

Forum

Last Poster

Replies Views

Last Post

Plasticase / Nanuk

General Invicta Watch Discussions

sanlover99

24

112

08-05-2010 05:51 PM

Got my V-E C.S.M. today. ...

General Russian Watch Brands

MessalineApghar

0

29

08-03-2010 08:06 PM

Can anyone tell from looking .... ?

Stuhrling Original

bichondaddy1057

1

32

07-31-2010 08:55 AM


MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #2 Today, 06:08 PM

sanlover99

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar I just had a really negative experience with Plasticase....the company Suing invicta for the SAN OQ and Venom OQ case design. I have the sAN OQ case, and invicta doesn't sell replacement foams....so I contacted Plasticase, who does. They called me 3-4 weeks after I placed the order, wanted to verify I was ordering the right foams for the right case, since I had not ever purchased or registered a case with them. . . So I explained that I had the Invicta Case and wanted to switch out the foams...and that Invicta doesn't sell the alternate foams as a part. at which point they bille dme another $.60 for shipping... Today I get an email, another month since the last contact, says "sorry we're not going to sel it to you, we're not going to support the competators product, get your foams from them..we're going to refund your $20." How rude, not to support the end -users caught in the middle, and to keep the money and get the interest on it for nearly 2 months, and to top it off, they're not refunding the $.60.....now $.60 is **** money, but the idea is nauseating. I will never support, buy, or sell a plasticase product personally or for work use or resale ever again, (not that I have, they were new to me, but I would have) . I would ask the same of my fellow WGs, if you agree it's outrageous behavior. Thanks for listening. youre not a plasticase end user when plasticase didnt even make the case you have. i know i wouldnt provide a service to anyone who supports the company ripping me off. why would you? its like microsoft providing software updates to all the people who pirate their OS. how about a watch analogy: would rolex service a fake submariner? thats exactly what you are asking plasticase to do: asking them to provide parts to a fake plasticase case. i applaud plasticase for standing their ground


sanlover99 View Public Profile Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #3 Today, 06:11 PM Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlover99 you're not a plasticase end user when plasticase didnt even make the case you have. i know i wouldnt provide a service to anyone who supports the company ripping me off. i applaud plasticase for standing their ground I am offended that A- they took my money and kept it two months...if they were going to refuse my order, it should have been @ point-of-contact, a month ago. B- they're not refunding 100% C - i'm not the one involved in the suit, i'm just caught in the middle and D- if i got GREAT service, I'd be singing their praises and potentially driving more sales, both directly to myself, thru my place of employment, and thru word-of-mouth to fellow geeks. so no, i find it to be a very short sighted opinion. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits Last edited by MessalineApghar; Today at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #4 Today, 06:13 PM


Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Morgantown WV Posts: 13,014 Real Name: Tommy

tkromer Senior Member True WatchGeek

I'd be a little upset about the money. In fact probably quite upset. However, you're taking advantage of them, trying to get products to support a competitor's product from them, so I don't blame them for not selling the foam. You are just caught in the middle and that sucks, but I don't blame them either. However, I don't think holding your money or not refunding 100% was professional at all. tkromer View Public Profile Send a private message to tkromer Send email to tkromer Find all posts by tkromer Add tkromer to Your Contacts #5 Today, 06:14 PM

sanlover99

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar I am offended that A- they took my money and kept it two months...if they were going to refuse my order, it should have been @ point-of-contact, a month ago. B- they're not refunding 100% C - i'm not the one involved in the suit, i'm just caught in the middle and D- if i got GREAT service, I'd be singing their praises and potentially driving more sales, both directly to myself, thru my place of employment, and thru word-of-mouth to fellow geeks. so no, i find it to be a very short sighted opinion. A. so their CS is slow, sue them B. im sure they will refund you $0.60 if you ask C. you are involved by buying and supporting a counterfeit plasticase. by asking plasticase to support your fake, would be like sending a fake submariner to rolex to be serviced. ridiculous!


sanlover99 View Public Profile Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #6 Today, 06:17 PM Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Denver Posts: 684 Real Name: John

qwikfix Senior Member Veteran Geek

Under the circumstances if I were Plasticase I would have told you to go pound sand as well. The only issue I have is that as soon as they found out it you had an Invicta case they should have told you immediately their intentions. qwikfix View Public Profile Send a private message to qwikfix Find all posts by qwikfix Add qwikfix to Your Contacts #7 Today, 06:20 PM

Watch_Crazy

Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 2,674

Senior Member Master WatchGeek

As Ted Mack used to say on "The ORIGINAL Amateur Hour!" ... ... "'Round And 'Round She Goes And, Where She Stops, NOBODY Knows!" ...


__________________ HI! - I'm Larry & I'm Wacky About Watches -

… So, You Can Also Call Me … 'Crazy LARRY' Watch_Crazy View Public Profile


Send a private message to Watch_Crazy Find all posts by Watch_Crazy Add Watch_Crazy to Your Contacts #8 Today, 06:26 PM Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: USA Posts: 100

baker.bjs Senior Member Senior Geek

I'm supporting Plasticase on this one. No support for the competitors product. Maybe their CS could have handled it better but the bottom line is why should they dress up a competitors box. When people see the box they will think, wow, that Invicta box has great foam. __________________

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

baker.bjs View Public Profile Send a private message to baker.bjs Find all posts by baker.bjs Add baker.bjs to Your Contacts #9 Today, 06:29 PM Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:


Originally Posted by qwikfix Under the circumstances if I were Plasticase I would have told you to go pound sand as well. The only issue I have is that as soon as they found out it you had an Invicta case they should have told you immediately their intentions. Honestly that's a very short-sighted CS position. I have been in business for nearly 30 years. I have sent numerous customers to other competators for a single purchase, as a courtesy, only to have them come back for future needs and expansion, because of the honesty and great CS involved on my end. Remember "Miracle on 34th street" with Macy's and Gimbel's and the other stores that were competatively shopping ? it's as true today as it was 40 years ago. on top of that, do you think IBM or HP steals one another's Data Center clients by "well we won't support it, it's not our product". no it's called compatability. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #10 Today, 06:34 PM Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Morgantown WV Posts: 13,014 Real Name: Tommy

tkromer Senior Member True WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar on top of that, do you think IBM or HP steals one another's Data Center clients by "well we won't support it, it's not our product". no it's called compatability. Sadly, yes, we get that ALL the time. Certain products made by one vendor "aren't supported" on another vendor's hardware, even though the hardware is 100% compatible. tkromer View Public Profile Send a private message to tkromer Send email to tkromer Find all posts by tkromer


Add tkromer to Your Contacts #11 Today, 06:37 PM Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkromer Sadly, yes, we get that ALL the time. Certain products made by one vendor "aren't supported" on another vendor's hardware, even though the hardware is 100% compatible. it's called interoperability. cisco , HP /DEC, and IBM all crosstrain on each other's products.. but to even break it down more simply, what about getting an A.P. watchband, from A.P and putting it on the "homage" S.O. .... would they refuse the sale ? i doubt it. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #12 Today, 06:39 PM

sanlover99

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar but to even break it down more simply, what about getting an A.P. watchband, from A.P and putting it on the "homage" S.O. .... would they refuse the sale ? i doubt it. they would if that person said they were using it on a fake. exactly what you did in actuality, a lot of brands require either the actual watch or a serial number to prevent this abuse. yes it is abuse to support a fake product.


sanlover99 View Public Profile Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #13 Today, 06:44 PM Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlover99 they would if that person said they were using it on a fake. exactly what you did in actuality, a lot of brands require either the actual watch or a serial number to prevent this abuse. yes it is abuse to support a fake product. First off, it's not a fake until the courts decide it's a fake.ntil then, it's a clone. Secondly, it's a great opportunity to convert a customer from the "fake" brand to a customer of "your" brand. end of story. Happy customers drive sales and it costs far more marketing money and psychology to obtain a new customer then it does to retain an old one...even if the existing customer is wrong. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #14 Today, 06:45 PM


Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: Morgantown WV Posts: 13,014 Real Name: Tommy

tkromer Senior Member True WatchGeek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar Secondly, it's a great opportunity to convert a customer from the "fake" brand to a customer of "your" brand. end of story. Happy customers drive sales and it costs far more marketing money and psychology to obtain a new customer then it does to retain an old one...even if the existing customer is wrong. You're 100% right on this part. I still understand where they're coming from though. tkromer View Public Profile Send a private message to tkromer Send email to tkromer Find all posts by tkromer Add tkromer to Your Contacts #15 Today, 06:46 PM

sanlover99

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar First off, it's not a fake until the courts decide it's a fake.ntil then, it's a clone. Secondly, it's a great opportunity to convert a customer from the "fake" brand to a customer of "your" brand. end of story. Happy customers drive sales and it costs far more marketing money and psychology to obtain a new customer then it does to retain an old one...even if the existing customer is wrong. fake and clone, what's the difference exactly? and how exactly are you converting customers to your product by supporting a fake one? does rolex service fakes? do any watch companies do? how about any companies in general? do any of them support fake/pirated/etc products? NO sanlover99 View Public Profile


Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #16 Today, 06:51 PM Join Date: Apr 2008 Location: Atmore, AL Posts: 3,392 Real Name: Rich

richhoff

Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Ian, here's the replacement foam set for the Pelican case that someone reported fits the Invicta case. I never ordered one, but the size looks correct. Amazon.com: Pelican Three Piece Replacement Pick... __________________ Corvettes & Watches

Two Expensive Hobbies. richhoff View Public Profile Send a private message to richhoff Find all posts by richhoff Add richhoff to Your Contacts #17 Today, 06:54 PM


Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlover99 fake and clone, what's the difference exactly? and how exactly are you converting customers to your product by supporting a fake one? does rolex service fakes? do any watch companies do? how about any companies in general? do any of them support fake/pirated/etc products? NO here's where you're wrong....the ENTIRE PC market started off as clones of the IBM PC.....at first each and every manufacturer made custom parts for their PCs and you could not source the parts anywhere else or upgrade your system. as time wore on, customers stopped buying PCs made from Proprietary parts and started buying "buildable" clones. do you think today, Dell won't sell you a harddrive, to install in your HP because they're a competator? or Sony won't sell you a BluRay movie because you have a Panasonic BluRay player? __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #18 Today, 06:55 PM


Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by richhoff Ian, here's the replacement foam set for the Pelican case that someone reported fits the Invicta case. I never ordered one, but the size looks correct. Amazon.com: Pelican Three Piece Replacement Pick N' Pluck Foam Set: Camera & Photo TY Rich, that's kind of you, and I will order it . but that's only a piece of the point. but I am learning I'm in the minority here. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #19 Today, 07:00 PM

sanlover99

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195

Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar here's where you're wrong....the ENTIRE PC market started off as clones of the IBM PC.....at first each and every manufacturer made custom parts for their PCs and you could not source the parts anywhere else or upgrade your system. as time wore on, customers stopped buying PCs made from Proprietary parts and started buying "buildable" clones.


do you think today, Dell won't sell you a harddrive, to install in your HP because they're a competator? or Sony won't sell you a BluRay movie because you have a Panasonic BluRay player? your analogies make no sense whatsoever. it's so illogical that im not even going to deal with that mess. you still have yet to address my much more comparable and realistic analogy of rolex supporting fake watches. there is no justifcation for that. sanlover99 View Public Profile Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #20 Today, 07:05 PM Join Date: Apr 2010 Location: NYC Burbs Posts: 1,267 Real Name: Ian

MessalineApghar Senior Member Super Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanlover99 your analogies make no sense whatsoever. it's so illogical that im not even going to deal with that mess. you still have yet to address my much more comparable and realistic analogy of rolex supporting fake watches. there is no justifcation for that. Ok..if the copy says "Rolex" then it's a fake. if it says "Rollex" or "Romex" it's a Homage/clone. i don't own a Rolex (Real or fake), a Rollex or a Romex, but in any business you have the right to refuse service. However an AD/service center is in business to make money. If I brought a Rollex or Romex to a Rolex AD for service, I would surely expect to be serviced. and to pay the premium price associated with it. The same is true in this case. no where is this labeled a Plasticase except by their own claim. Invicta did not claim it was a Plasticase. It is not Labeled Plasticase. so as far as I am concerned I would feel comfortable walking into a plasticase store, presuming they had one, and ordering interior fitments. __________________ If you wanna run cool, yes, if you wanna run cool, you've got to run on heavy heavy fuel -


Dire Straits MessalineApghar View Public Profile Send a private message to MessalineApghar Send email to MessalineApghar Find all posts by MessalineApghar Add MessalineApghar to Your Contacts #21 Today, 07:09 PM

reliefcp

Join Date: May 2009 Location: Everett Wa. Posts: 3,555 Real Name: C.J.

Senior Member Master WatchGeek

Just a thought but maybe there are some legal ramifications involved here. I havent followed the lawsuit so I am guessing here. __________________

reliefcp View Public Profile Send a private message to reliefcp Find all posts by reliefcp Add reliefcp to Your Contacts #22 Today, 07:09 PM

sanlover99 Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195


Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar i don't own a Rolex (Real or fake), a Rollex or a Romex, but in any business you have the right to refuse service. However an AD/service center is in business to make money. If I brought a Rollex or Romex to a Rolex AD for service, I would surely expect to be serviced. and to pay the premium price associated with it. LOL, good luck with that. rolex is notorious for sending out agents and shutting down any and all authorized watchmakers they find repairing fakes. so again, good luck with that. sanlover99 View Public Profile Send a private message to sanlover99 Find all posts by sanlover99 Add sanlover99 to Your Contacts #23 Today, 07:11 PM Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: USA Posts: 100

baker.bjs Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

i don't own a Rolex (Real or fake), a Rollex or a Romex, but in any business you have the right to refuse service. However an AD/service center is in business to make money. If I brought a Rollex or Romex to a Rolex AD for service, I would surely expect to be serviced. and to pay the premium price associated with it. Now that made my day. __________________

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

baker.bjs View Public Profile Send a private message to baker.bjs Find all posts by baker.bjs Add baker.bjs to Your Contacts


#24 Today, 07:11 PM

shorabi Senior Member Senior Geek

Join Date: Mar 2010 Location: long island, ny Posts: 382

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessalineApghar I am offended that A- they took my money and kept it two months...if they were going to refuse my order, it should have been @ point-of-contact, a month ago. B- they're not refunding 100% C - i'm not the one involved in the suit, i'm just caught in the middle and D- if i got GREAT service, I'd be singing their praises and potentially driving more sales, both directly to myself, thru my place of employment, and thru word-of-mouth to fellow geeks. so no, i find it to be a very short sighted opinion. all good points. it seems shortsighted to treat a customer this way. shorabi View Public Profile Send a private message to shorabi Send email to shorabi Find all posts by shorabi Add shorabi to Your Contacts #25 Today, 07:12 PM

sanlover99 Senior Member Senior Geek

Quote:

Originally Posted by baker.bjs Now that made my day. makes my brain hurt actually

Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 195


Plasticase - Nanuk