Things Your Guests Could Not Care Less About At Your Wedding
Here are 5 things only the bride and groom are worried about at your wedding… not your guests
1. Ceremony Programs Unless it's a hot, summer wedding and your guests are using the programs to fan themselves—odds are they'll be discarded faster than the groom can kiss his bride.
While a novel idea in theory after all, they do list names of the parents and members of the party in today's era of DIY chalkboard signs, the same can be accomplished without everyone leaving them on their seat.
2. Expensive Linens Oh, you thought your college best friend would notice if you paid for the "expensive" linens over the "budget-friendly" options? Think again. Save yourself the money and opt for quality linens that match seamlessly with your décor and colors. If you want to make a splash, dress up simple tablecloths with centerpieces, candles or other arrangements that stand out.
3. Wedding Party Intros Maybe they DO care about the announcements but probably not in the way you hoped. With everything else your guests will be sitting through the toasts, dances, cake cutting, etc… the last thing anyone wants to do is sit through a lengthy wedding party introduction. If you must, keep it quick and roll it right into getting the party started so everyone can be on their feet and having fun!
4. Cake Design & Flavor If you have a cake or any dessert for that matter, chances are your guests are happy campers. Save the money on more fun and interactive options and get a simple cake that looks great. In fact, we dare you to step out of the box and offer something different: cake pops, an ice cream bar or even tiers of cupcakes. Shoot people now are doing donut walls which are incredibly easy and fun to decorate and take selfies in front of.
5. Wedding Favors Customized favors are quickly becoming a thing of the past and truthfully, we couldn't be more excited. Who needs a 4-pack of coasters with another couple's name plastered across it anyway?
Instead, opt for useful, yet generic gifts such as beer koozies. Better yet, hire a photo booth to steal the show. Guests will have a blast parading in front of the camera and love being able to bring home their printouts as their very own souvenirs—that's what we call a win-win.