November 2016, Vol. 32, #3, Priceless
Ma g a z i n e A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for 31 years
How To Cope In Uncertain Times Sherry Harris
New Planet New World New book
Discover the Secrets of the Universe â€” Within Yourself and Beyond!
Master Lynda Chaplin and Master Nina Mistry
Organic Bedding Katherine Willow
by Ian Prattis
The Significance of Silence
by Evita Roche
Wishingtree Yoga Start a journey with Rupa Manjari Devi Das
200H Traditional Hatha & 50H Yin Yoga Teacher Training For more information, please visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
30% discount on first consultation valid to January 31st, 2017
ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
If any of the following describes your child, you should contact us:
• Cannot focus; easily distracted • Restless, always moving • Impatient, cannot tolerate waiting or line-ups • May not be able to control frustration and anger • Has a hard time finishing tasks
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
Maha Mansour has over 25 years experience as a pediatrician overseas. As a Regulated Homeopath in Ontario, she offers a safe and effective treatment option for you and your family.
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
Maha Mansour, Registered Homeopath (MD Egypt) Sunrise Wellness Centre 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104 Office: (613) 736-5200
www.wishingtreeyoga.ca Cover photo by Chasya Czech
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. November 2016 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
By Rupa here are two people that need to be mentioned about Yin Yoga: Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers. From their work, we know the original sources of Yin Yoga. In his book Yin Yoga- Outline of a quiet practice, Paul Grilley dedicates his work to three teachers: “Dr. Garry Parker, who taught me anatomy, Paulie Zink, who taught me Taoist Yoga, Dr. Hiroshi Motoyama, who reminded me of its greater purpose.” Paul makes Yin Yoga known by using modern western medical terms (anatomy) to convey ancient eastern philosophies (Tao and Yoga). Sarah Powers combines the practices of Yoga, Buddhism and Taoism. Her Yoga practice is influenced by Viniyoga, Ashtanga, and alignment-based teachings. In her class, Sarah interweaves these teachings from Chinese medicine with the rich traditions of Yoga and Buddhist mindfulness. We can see that the name of Yin Yoga is new, but the roots are from great ancient civilizations. Yin Yoga derives from Tao, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Yoga. Ø Dao (or Tao) a Chinese word means “way, path, route”, or “principle, direction”. The well known text Dao De Jing shows the path on how a human being maintains a harmonic relationship with nature. It is a holistic practice to follow the rhythm of nature. Ø Tradition Chinese Medicine (TCM) is the great application from Tao. It has been proven effective in China for thousands of years. The theoretical system of TCM is established in the text Yellow Emperor’s Canon of Medicine (Huangdi Nei Ji). Ø Yoga is a science of Self-realization. In Yin Yoga theory the anatomy and mindfulness meditation have been discussed a lot, but seldom mentioned is Yoga’s “greater purpose”. In the authoritative book of Yoga Bhagavad-gita it is said “Perform your duty and abandon all attachment to success or failure. Such evenness of mind is called Yoga”.
The purpose of practicing Yin Yoga is simple: to maintain a happy, wholesome and holistic life for the long term in a natural way. It is a style of yoga that is used to balance the physical body (Yin) and external environment (Yang). The practice focuses on the internal. Rupa Manjari Devi Das (Ivy) has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom; her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. Welcome to join Rupa’s 50h Yin Yoga / 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
The Look of Love: Seeing Through the Spiritual Veil s str e
“If the Beloved is everywhere, the lover is a veil, But when living itself becomes the friend, lovers disappear.” by Jalaluddin Rumi, 13th Century Sufi Mystic and Poet.
He maintains that, when you “follow your bliss”, you will have a fully enriching life experience. Hippocrates called it Psyche. C.G. Jung called it the fully individuated Self. I call it “mask-less living”, or, in everyday language, “What you s see is what you get.” s llnes e I will finish this article with a w smokin poem that I wrote in 1990 just after frui my late wife, Helen, passed into Spirit: x
n this eloquent comment Rumi self -esteem Fleeting moments… seems to capture the essence of still frame??? t how to live one’s life in a field of weigh melding, melting, welding-yielding… loving-kindness. one cosmic tear-drop… COUNSELLING, COACHING We are generally very attracted smile emblazoning… to people with a loving demeanour & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE legacy surviving??? Richard M. Haney and particularly to those who have shedding, shedding, shedding… Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist the look of love. soft, subtle, sweet, infinitely I first saw the look of love in the (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 vulnerable… Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. face of a very kind staff member thankful, grateful, for-giving… when I was three years old and being www.ottawahypnosis.com All dissolving--save Love… www.ottawacounselling.com admitted to the Home for Little Wanderers Orphanage in Boston. I This article was written by: saw it in the face of my late wife and Soul-mate, Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling Helen, when she gazed at me in her last days and Mediation) on earth. We can all see it in the face of Nelson Richard has been practising Wholistic Mandela. Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and It is such a powerful Light that it makes Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. one’s whole life feel worthwhile. It creates an Richard by phone: (613) 234-5678. unforgettable and Eternal bond. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org When we have the look of love ourselves, we attract loving Souls. Generally, we attract whatever energy we give off. The challenge is to emanate love and the look of love in order to create, generate and sustain loving relationships. When parenting young children it is especially crucial to have lots of “face time” with them and to share with them as much as possible the look of love. Joseph Campbell, the mythologist, in his books, “The Masks of God” and “The Hero with a Thousand Faces”, seems to be alluding to the same archetype that Rumi calls the Beloved.
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Search for God groups Success for the soul Meditation, study and application in a small group format
(613) 731-4901 4
Why Do We Sabotage Our Intentions?
any of us sabotage our own best intentions and not even realizing it, by procrastinating and distractions from the work and essential tasks we need to get done. There are a number of reasons for this. Reasons for Procrastinating Negative Self-talk The first reason is that we may be our own worst enemy and critic. Negative self-talk along the lines of, “That’s way too hard - if you try, you’ll probably just fail anyway,” make us sabotage ourselves. This can start in our childhood years. It might begin with a parent or teacher who never seemed satisfied no matter how hard we tried. Children love to please the adults they look up to. Failure in academic work can make THEM feel like a failure, not that their test or report got a failing grade. This can lead to poor self-esteem and a lack of selfconfidence. Suddenly, even the most ordinary tasks become a dangerous minefield in which any step they take could lead to disaster. That being the case, it is safer and easier to just stand still rather than try to move forward. This paralysis then leads to lost opportunities, stress at work and at home, and damage to many of our relationships. If your uber-critical parent starts to label you a lazy good-for-nothing, procrastinating will turn you into that person. Lack of Motivation Some people attribute procrastination to a lack of motivation. But we do not need to psych ourselves up to go to the beach or eat ice cream. We need no reason to do something fun. We do need a motive to act when things start to get tough, though. One clue that you are sabotaging yourself is if you just can’t get started on a project - even if it is an interesting one you would actually enjoy. Or things are going well, but you suddenly stop when 90% of the task is complete.
How to Stop Procrastinating So how can we defeat these three behaviors that cause us to procrastinate? There are a number of ways, depending on which one we wish to tackle. Negative Self-talk • Recognize you are doing it. • Note whose “voice” you hear when it is happening. One person recognised that it sounded just like her nagging mother. Once she made that connection, she could re-tune her thinking to a different channel, with her own voice. • Accentuate the positive to counter the negative. For everything you find fault with, think of at least three things you do well. Lack of Motivation • Set goals and track your progress towards them. • Look for the fun in every task. • Motivate yourself with a reward at the end of a task. The bigger the task, the better the reward. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira.com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go Process” - it’s free!!
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
AG E Written by Alexis Nicol
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, CRC
I Alexis Nicol
Reiki Reflexology Reconnective Healing® ACIM www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
ge, what are we brought up to believe age is? When we are young we are told that we have so much to learn, as teenagers we are all over the map and think we know everything, then after your twenties you’re told that you had better take care of yourself as you aren’t getting any younger; after 40 or 50 you’re getting on, then anything after 60 or 70 you are definitely going downhill. If you make it to 80 or 90 you’re just plain old and should be taken care of. We have been trained to believe so many falsehoods. I don’t know about you but , as I mature “in age” I feel the same inside as I did as far back as I can remember and I’m not expecting anything to change. Sure I’ve had a lot of life experiences but I am the same spiritual being that I was born as. It’s the undoing of the untruths that I trusted were true. The more I let go of what someone said I should or shouldn’t be the more I return to my true self. Doing this takes courage, patience, time and a lot of introspection. After all you’ll be leaving the pack so to speak. Do you think the reason why we are so afraid of challenging our parents and peers is because we fear we won’t be loved and accepted, that we might be rejected? I think we should pay more attention to what the children are saying and perhaps we’ll start to see a world with less judgment and with openness. If you are never taught that someone is different because of their skin colour, gender, etc. then we would be so much more accepting and enjoy their beautiful attributes. Inside I feel so much gratitude for choosing, all though a little later in life, to take the inner journey to find myself. I believe that my body is an instrument to be used to discover and experience all I can and do so like that of an innocent child. Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexology, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A Course In Miracles in her practice. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
n preparation for an event taking place this month, I took some time to do some reflecting on my own personal journey over the past 10 years or so. Back then, all the elements for a perfect life were in place with my family, my friends and my business. The machine of life was functioning well; it was well polished and offering me great opportunities. But something inside me was hungry for more… and I did not know what that was. Intuitively, I knew something was broken and it needed fixing. By listening to this inner voice that we all have, I started down a path of self-care, that is, looking after myself first and foremost. There are six life arenas that we need to focus on in this process of self-care: Health and Wellness, Family/ Relationships, Finances, Social/Leisure, Career/Work, Personal Development/Spirituality. Start by grading each one of these life arenas on a scale of 0 to 10 with 10 being the best number. Do this today and baseline yourself. As you start to look after each one of these sectors, mark your progress and score yourself in 6, 12 and 18 months down the road. See which arena(s) that you have made the most progress with. And for me this process is ongoing, still to this day. It has too because life is not static as things are always in a constant state of flux. It will not be an easy journey. This I can assure you. But when you start to look after yourself, miracles will gradually show up in your life! Be ready for them!
email@example.com www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawa-based Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
• emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
Mind That Changes Itself Our minds have a vast capacity for healing through images - Mark Wolynn1
nce we have determined our objectives, after sensing into our needs and challenges, we can develop a path of healing that is clear, gradual and natural. The mind has the ability to help us heal and of relieving us from the burden from the past. We have the ability to move from negativity to positivity by changing our outlook through what is called an epigenetic intervention – a way to activate our minds, our genes and positively affect our health. “Filling our minds with positive images of wellbeing can produce an epigenetic change, ...which would enable us to physically recover from stressful situations more quickly.” 2
Today, the idea of visualization for healing is very popular, an area that is widely respected. Visualization lowers stress, reduces anxiety, boosts our motivation and helps with various fears. “We see with our brains, not with our eyes.”3 How we “see” things relies on our interpretation, on deeply engrained patterns that makes us see the world through our brain or our mind, in our own unique way. Dr. Doidge says that we can change our brains simply by imagining; this is where hypnosis comes in. I definitely see the effect of visualization when it is used under hypnosis – a light receptive trance where we regain control. In my work, I use hypnosis as a gentle way to empower your goals. Through this wonderful modality we can be visualizing, relaxing into our deeper
self to access our wisdom and our ability to heal. After each session I email you the recording of the hypnosis part of the session, which are pleasant, deeply relaxing and empower your goals. Though not essential, I find that listening to the audios at home after the sessions is helpful. Each time we listen to the recordings we are reactivating gradual shifts towards clarity, deeper perspectives, calmness and a more positive outlook on life. This is achieved through the gentle direction of our attention, embedded in a receptive state. I have seen this with so many clients generating gradual and lasting changes. Lynne Cardinal has offered Stress Management, Resilience and Burnout Prevention workshops in the government and private sectors for over 30 years. She is also a Consulting Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She is certified by Dr. Weiss in Past-Life Regression and she has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. She has studied extensively with Thomas Hübl on Transparent Communication and Principles of Transformation and Healing, and she also trained with Diane Hamilton in Conflict Resolution. For more information call 613.721.7888 or www.kaivalya.ca email@example.com * Insurance receipts are available. (Endnotes) 1. Mark Wolynn, It Didn’t Start With You, p. 49 2. * Dr. Norman Doidge, from The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science 2. * Dr. Norman Doidge, from The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
'Dark Night' or Depression? by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
s Earth dissolves in its ego-driven reality and shifts into the soul body, a global ‘dark night of the soul’ is currently occurring. Many more individuals are awakening. Spiritual emergence often comes through a significant life change or crisis. When we lose those things that we use as identifiers (marriage, career, health, financial wealth), we are often pushed to look within, re-assessing our values and seeking the truth of who we are. The questions that can press upon us are: “What is life?”, "What matters to me?", and “Who am I?” and “Who/ what/where is God?” It’s from this soul-searching that a new sense of self emerges. It’s important to distinguish the dark nights of the soul from depression for they carry some of the same symptoms but have different outcomes. In a 'dark night' journey, people’s experiences can include chaos, despair, disconnection from the outer world, shame, grief, fear, anxiety, aloneness, and insecurity. Depression can also bring sadness, emptiness, diminished interest in outer activities, insomnia, difficulty focusing, and even thoughts of suicide. The distinct difference is that during depression a person can feel worthless and stop caring altogether. Instead, during a 'dark night' there is a pull toward expansion and a desire to know oneself or “figure it out”, and on a deeper level, there is a sense that everything will be okay. It can also abruptly
Feeling down? Searching for meaning? Want support to hear your own inner wisdom? I specialize in clearing stubborn ego patterns to help you embrace your Soul-Spirit.
emotional/mental/physical/spiritual pain fear anxiety/depression
Healing with Divine Heart to Awaken the Deep Truth Within
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic 12-dimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
open heightened sensory perception. However, if the dark night of the soul is left unattended because the resistance to allow this organic spiritual process is so great, it can lead to depression. Is any of this your experience now? I can help you clarify which is taking place for you and provide you with the most helpful spiritual guidance. www.MelindaUrban.com 17 years of intuitive healing experience. Integrating emotional healing/energy psychotherapy, holographic clearing of your blueprint, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Appointments in person or by phone 613253-2888. FREE monthly newsletter. Copyright 2016 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
My name is Paula Barbara Bean and I am an Intuitive Listener. I have over 30 years of experience in all things paranormal. I also earned a bachelors and masters degree in counselling psychology from McGill University. Throughout my Life’s Journey, I have learned by being a student, by teaching and through experience, how to listen and to hear the heart of another person. Often, an individual is not able to access their true feelings and thoughts because of the noise in their lives. Noise is all of the stress and messages that surround a person throughout their days. I act as a mirror, a reflector. During a session, I will LISTEN to you. I will use tarot cards if you so wish, to help illustrate what is going on inside of you…your thoughts, feelings, hopes and dreams. Together, we will examine where you are right now…in the present and what some of your future paths may look like, based upon the choices that you make. Your future is not fixed. You have choices and are active in creating your future. Kindly, Paula (613) 762-6055
New Planet, New World
Ian Prattis y new book is the finale in a trilogy “Chronicles of Awakening.” I transport the reader to a faraway planet. Earth in the near future is dying due to Humankind’s damage to the environment. Children are sent via spacecraft to this distant planet to escape Earth and restart Humanity. The book opens with a lyrical and dangerous meeting on a distant planet later this century. The protagonists are from different centuries and cultures. From the 18th century Rising Moon is hurled by shamanic means to Planet Horizon in a nearby galaxy. From the 21st century Catriona gets there from a failing spaceship in an escape craft. Instead of killing one another they choose to be blood sisters and embrace survival, accepting nature as a Matriarch. They join other Earth refugees to form a new, sustainable, caring community – but can they withstand the threat of invaders bringing traits of treachery, power struggles and murder? The clash of cultures, late in the twenty first century, opens this epic novel of pioneers establishing community in a neighboring galaxy. It coincides with the demise of modern civilization on Earth. Four Hopi Sacred Keepers offer their lives in a ceremony to provide renewal on a distant planet that none of them will experience. A jihadist cell on Earth hijacks a spaceship and imperils the lives of the pioneers, who respond with tactical violence to kill them. The starkness of survival prepares a backcloth for distinct love stories. The dark episodes and lyrical passages move the story along with action, fear, resolution, death, rape, bravery, ethical settlements and exile in a futuristic opportunity for humanity.
Time, culture, space and consciousness are fused across centuries. This action packed book of intertwining plotlines arc into the epiphany of the final chapter - the end game of a philosophy for the future. The inclusiveness of science combines with Tolstoy’s vision, Pope Francis’ Climate Change Encyclical and not repeating the mistakes of the carbon cabal. The underlying message is from Tolstoy, the ‘Conscience of Humanity.’ He described humanity’s bottom line as the cultivation of love, the mainspring for authentic and responsible living. I do not present this as idealism, rather as down to earth wisdom. That is why I wrote this futuristic novel that takes place in the near future. It is the final bookend of a trilogy – “Chronicles of Awakening.” Redemption is the first book in this trilogy that has Trailing Sky Six Feathers as the second book. The final tome of this trilogy takes characters from the prior two books, placing them in the future on a new planet. I place in the mouth of Dr. Tom Hagen a blistering rant to the UN in 2080 that I would certainly like to give from the future. It is about the willful ignorance displayed by corporate and government cabals invested in the carbon/oil complex, while eco militias murder in the streets and social disorder is a norm. The reader now begins to anticipate and harken to the rip tides of this futuristic novel.
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh Silent Meditation 7pm – 8pm every Thursday Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7
First Saturdays – Day of Mindfulness 5pm – 8pm Contact 613 726 0881 • firstname.lastname@example.org http://ianprattis.com/PineGate/index.html https://www.facebook.com/pinegatesangha/ New Planet, New World, is published by Manor House, 13 chapters, 286 pages. The author offers it at $24.95 with an additional bonus. Buy a copy of New Planet, New World directly from the author and also receive the two prior books for free. In Ottawa pick up your three books at 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7. 613 726 0881 email@example.com. Or order through: http://ianprattis.com/NewPlanet.html with links to Amazon, Indigo and Barnes & Noble.
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: How does one stop the mind?
SRI CHINMOY: Although it can be very difficult to stop the mind, there are quite a few ways to do it. One way is to repeat the Name of God and try to forget oneself inside the repetition of the Name. Or one can repeat a particular mantra, which means sacred word or incantation. When one is repeating a mantra or God’s Name, it should be a continuous flow. If it is “God, God, God,” then inside the repetition itself one has to lose oneself. Then the mind stops. There is also another way. One has to see the mind as a material object. We can take a material object and put it anywhere we want to, or we can throw it the farthest
possible distance according to our strength. So either we can grab the mind like a material object and throw it into the distance, or we can put the mind wherever we want to. If a mischievous child is bothering us, we can take the child into a corner, scold him and keep him there. One can do that to the mind as well. A third way is to totally forget about the existence of the mind. Ignore the mind and feel oneself only as the heart. We can transform the mind by bringing the divinity of the heart to the fore. It is not enough to say, “I have a heart.” One must say, “I am the heart, I am the heart.” So try to bring the heart forward and illumine the mind with the light of the heart. Then the qualities of the heart will permeate the entire being, and automatically the mind will stop. There are many more ways, but these three ways are quite enough for any individual, and one can choose any of the three in order to stop the mind.
Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
GO FOR THE GOLD
Balancer (you are in a metal cage with all kind of high tech frequencies), Gold Energy Card with Zero Point Energy for your body, pets, plants. ADR disc for your cellphone, laptop, iPad and handhelds. Water Treatment system for your home. Our EMF Balancers have been developed for over 30 years by Peter Webb from Kemptville. Ontario. We have balanced homes, schools, farms, EMF Balancers health clinics and car dealerships. Cell Phone ADR Disks Join the movement to live A Balanced Gold Energy Cards Life and feel the difference. Call me Water For Life System to receive your free energized orb and Soil Balancer a “I BELEIVE THAT SOMETHING Homes, Businesses, Cars WoNDERFUL” Poster
earing Protection is one things that you can do. Being surrounded by Protection is another way. I am referring to EMF Protection for yourself and your family. We want more and more technology so that we can function at a faster pace. We are becoming prisoners to more than just • the rat race. • From smart meters, iPhones, • laptops, iPads, computers and • gadgets that we wear on out bodies. • We are taught to believe that we • cannot function with out all this All products have Zero Point Energy EMF Pollution 24/7. Our brain goes i.am.balanced www.emffreezone.ca into dead mode to all outside events Cell 613-795-8827 Steve Priebe firstname.lastname@example.org 613-842-4758 that surround us whether it’s texting Tel 613-842-4758 email@example.com (ask for Steve) while driving, walking across a busy intersection, or with friends and www.emffreezone.ca HAVE A BALANCED DAY! Our Energy Exchange Meeting is family at breakfast, lunch and dinner. the first Friday of every month at A photographer took pictures with people with their the Ottawa Citizen Bldg (behind Ikea). By Donation. cellphones and then removed them from the pictures, A different presenter at every meeting. Hall is always (a vision of stupidity). balanced from EMF Pollution Back to our EMF Protection for your home, work HAVE AN AWESOME BALANCED FALL and play. Two EMF Balancers for the home, One Car
Plant Power! Staying Healthy This Winter
recently read an article on-line about a combination of plants that can has so many antibacterial properties that it would knock out any infection. The first ingredient is apple cider vinegar (ACV). We love this ingredient at home because it is amazing for skin care. Along with keeping acne-prone skin clear of infection, it also restores the acid mantle to the skin which helps prevent infection. You can also take it internally to boost metabolism and aid digestion. Garlic and onion are also in the mix: immune boosters, highly antibacterial and is great for the heart. Chili peppers! Vitamin C and great antibacterial and analgesic properties. Ginger root is well known for colds and flu because of its anti-viral properties. This little gem is also great as an anti-inflammatory and yet another plant great to help digestive issues and nausea. Horseradish is great for clearing sinus infections, as well as
antibiotic properties making it another health superstar. Turmeric also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and also reported to be helpful with inflammatory conditions (ie joints) and heart health. Honey is naturally antibacterial-we use it at home on skin treatments. It is a humectant (meaning it draws moisture to the skin), unlike a drying clay mask. It is also an antioxidant, helping to keep the body healthy. The actual recipe is below in abbreviated form. For full details, http://diystratosphere.com/powerfulnatural-antibiotic-kills-infection-body/ 3 cups ACV 1/4 cup chopped garlic 1/4 cup chopped onion 2 fresh chili peppers 1/4 cup grated ginger 2 teaspoons grated horseradish 2 teaspoons turmeric 3 teaspoons honey Put all ingredients in mason jar, topping up with the ACV (1/3 mix should be ACV). Close well and shake. Keep in a cool and dry place for 2 weeks. Shake well several times a day, then strain the liquid through a plastic strain. For better results put a gauze over it. Squeeze well so the whole juice comes out. Store in fridge. For maximum potency, let infuse 6 weeks. Take one or two tablespoons a few times a day as needed.
Monthly Meeting NOV. 8/ 16, 6:30-8:00 p.m. Venue: KS on the Keys, 1029 Daze St. Ottawa Guest Speaker: Yolande Moderia - Transformational Energy Coach & International Holistic Retreat Guide & Organizer Presents: “Train Your Mind to Heal Yourself” Yolanda will share with us her 20 years experience in several continents and dozens of cultures, learning and teaching languages and holistic living, to help us understand Brainwaves, how they control our mind and have an impact on our physical body. Armed with this knowledge, how you can heal yourself.
©2016 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank near Somerset. She gives DIY bodycare workshops on a monthly basis. Please check our website for upcoming events: www.planetbotanix.com
PATHWORK: Nurturing Our Connection with the Life Force by Madeline Dietrich
he idea of an indwelling life force that connects us to spirit is an appealing concept for people. It’s especially attractive for those who are on a spiritual search and who want to live with greater vitality and fulfillment. And yet making contact with the life force can feel abstract and intangible. What is this thing we call the “life force” and how can we nurture our connection with it? Pathwork Lecture 126 offers guidance about the nature of the life force and pre-requisites for making connection with it. The lecture offers that there is no difference between contact with spirit or “God” and contact with the life force. Every spiritual framework requires our on-going growth and development in order to open to the world of spirit. The particular development required to contact the life force is the capacity to step out of the ego mind and its preoccupation with fears and insecurities as well as its attachment to appearances values rather than being in the truth of reality.
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions 2016 - 2017 Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room
Nov 9; Jan 11, 2017; Feb 8; Mar 8; Apr 12 and May 10 • 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org When: Wednesday, November 9/16, 7 to 9 pm Where: Saint Paul University, 223 Main Street (follow the signs to the room). All are welcome. There is a suggested donation of $15 for non-members. The Pathwork Lectures are available for free download from www.pathwork.org. For more information, contact Jean: email@example.com or 613-829-1254
This lecture explores how the willingness and courage to be in the truth of the present moment, no matter what that truth might look like, is the same as contact with the life force. It also speaks to bridging the apparent duality between surrender of one’s will to spirit and a compatible stance regarding mature self-responsibility. On Wednesday, November 9th at Saint Paul University, Ottawa Pathwork will host an evening presentation and discussion on the topic of making contact with the life force. In preparation you are invited to read Lecture 126 which can be accessed at www.pathwork.org. The evening will be facilitated by Madeline Dietrich M.A. Madeline is a Pathwork Helper, a Somatic Therapist, and workshop facilitator. She is the creator of Unlock Pleasure, a resource to support people to claim the power of pleasure for healing and wellbeing. www.madelinedietrich.com
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind. We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
819.319.6162 www.essences.ca firstname.lastname@example.org
POUR VOTRE SANTÉ ÉMOTIONNELLE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH
Présidente | President Coach de vie, médiatrice Life Coach, Mediator
Why Did I Choose Hypnosis As a Career? by Luke Michael Howard Ph.d
’m often asked by people “How did you get into hypnosis? What’s the deal with it? Why did you choose hypnosis?” And I think really, hypnosis chose me as a profession and almost an obsession if you will. I guess it’s an origin story. When I was very, very young, I literally had every problem you could imagine. I was obese. I was agoraphobic. I had a horrible relationship with my parents. I was bullied in school. I had asthma, as well, and nearly died from that. I was pretty much a train wreck and I’d gone through all forms of therapy myself as a youngster, family therapy, child therapy and really nothing worked. I was still very, very depressed and still very, very anxious. And in fact, some people know this story, I actually tried to kill myself twice. As a teenager, it was like when I was 15 or 16, I was really quite hopeless, to be honest with you. I always knew that I had stuff inside to give, more to give, but I was just in this hopeless place of depression and feeling tremendously lost and misunderstood. The weird thing was in the UK, in England where I am from, in the 90s, we had a show called the Hypnotic World of Paul McKenna. Some of you may have heard of that show, may have in fact heard of Paul McKenna, he’s very famous.
I’d watch this show every Monday night for about five years. It was a traditional hypnosis show where, you know, stage hypnosis if you will making people come up on the stage and getting them to do silly things like bark like a cat or meow like a dog. I watched every week and because it was on TV, as a youngster, I thought this stuff must be real, it must work. One Sunday, I was rifling through the News of the World newspaper in England. The back of the newspaper there was an ad for an audio tape. This is how long ago, it was not a DVD, not a CD, not an MP3, but an audio cassette. It was called Supreme Self-Confidence by Paul McKenna. I remember ordering it and it was like 12 pounds, or 24, 25 dollars. I had to write a check to send it away, so I got my older sister to write me a check. I gave her the money that I had from Christmas or birthdays to pay for it and it said it would take up to 21 days to come. So it made me really eagerly waiting for that audio cassette, and go to my letter box every day to see if it came in. It just roar anticipation because this had to work, because I was running out of time. Like I said, I’d been in the hospital. I’d tried to kill myself with overdoses and so forth, it’s pretty dire. I remember this tape came through and it was 22 minutes side A and it was 22 minutes side B. The recommendation was to listen to it for 21 days non-stop. I remember to listen to it every day and it’s quite sad to say but it’s the first time that I’d actually had people say nice things to me. The suggestions on the confidence CD was actually saying nice things. I religiously listened to it every single day and I totally had the expectation
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
and believe that it would work, because I had no out. I had no other course of action. It was essentially this or death. That’s how bad it was. This silly little tape that cost me 12 pounds, 24 dollars that was 44 minutes in length, succeeded where family therapy, group therapy, child therapy, counseling, well all these traditional methods had failed me and this silly, little old generic tape that many people bought, it wasn’t specialized to me, it changed my life. Of course, I’ve had ups and downs since then, I’m a human being, we all do. But that silly, little audio tape saved my life and it put me on a course of action to learn as much as I could about hypnosis. So I’m like this silly, generic audio tape, which is one size fits all, worked on me. What happen if I really learned from the masters how powerful this was, and it could customize it to people? So, then I spent the next 20 years, from age 17 until to my age now, 47, learning hypnosis, studying hypnosis, performing on stage, working with clients, performing on the street to really master this and I still master it every day. I’m still studying it every day. It’s fascinating and there’s always new discoveries and so forth like that. But that’s really my origin story and how I got into this and why it’s really, really important to me. Please call the telephone number 613-878-5874 or email mail@LUKEnosis.com to book your free hypnosis screening. Visit www.LUKEnosis.com
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
November 12-13 ~ Windsor January 28-29 ~ Toronto February 25-26 ~ Peterborough March 11-12 ~ Ottawa (Almonte)
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at email@example.com, 905 430-4953 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
A re You Protecting Yourself? B C C CFTE! y
loutier cofounder and president of
o you work with the public? Are you a practitioner? Do you feel the surroundings, news or people have an effect on you? At times and especially during fall, we may feel more vulnerable, drained, tired, irritated or impatient. Some days more than other, I may feel affected by something I have picked up around or people. It is an ongoing task to stay open, remain present, feel empathy and at the same time, not accumulate energies that not belonging to us. Meditation, taking a walk, exercise, wearing protective jewellery, using the many techniques for protection, taking a bath after work are all part of recentring suggestions. In addition, using vibrational healing essences is really a big help. A particular tree essence was born at the request of consultants and healers with the purpose of Protection and Cleansing because they felt they needed something additional to assist. Therapist & Healer essence was created and has proven itself to be very useful to many. This essence offers protection and helps clear unwanted energies we may have picked up. The THERAPIST & HEALER essence may be taken orally as needed and also added to baths, creams and sprays. Use also, AURA CLEANSING SPRAY for external use.
CĂŠline Cloutier Canadian Forest Tree Essences Essences des Arbres du Canada www.essences.ca 819.319.6162 Some locations to purchase TREE Essences. Aylmer - Centre Yoga, Sol. Ottawa - Herb@Spice, Market Organics, Mother Earth,Singing Pebble Gatineau - Energie du Cristal, Lâ€™Essence-Ciel For more locations: www.essences.ca Practitioners or Retailers
Discover the Secrets of the Universe — Within Yourself and Beyond!
o you remember when you were little looking at the stars at night and wondering who lived there? What did they do? Could they see us? What did they think about us and how we lived? You had many questions about the universe. Soul communication is soul-to-soul communication. This might seem like stating the obvious, but this very simple statement has many layers of meaning. How do you do this kind of communication? What is the significance of soul communication? What are the benefits? There is a very simple process to open your soul communication ability. This process helps you open your soul communication so you can see, hear, or sense the message. With practice, it is possible to develop great ability to communicate with the Soul World, to access the secrets, wisdom, knowledge, and practical techniques that can transform every aspect of your life.
Not only can you communicate with the Universe, you can communicate with your own soul, to learn about your past lives, how they influence your current life and what the possibilities are for your future lives. When you do this, you will discover the universe within. The benefits of soul communication are also very pragmatic. You can receive guidance regarding business, finance, studying for school exams, relationships, your health on all levels, your soul journey, and much more. One of the greatest benefits is that guidance is so direct and clear. Usually, within minutes, you can receive wonderful guidance for situations that otherwise could have taken hours, days, or even months to resolve. The ways to apply soul communication are only limited by your imagination. With soul communication your life becomes an ongoing discovery of the secrets of the Universe, within yourself and beyond.
Master Lynda Chaplin and Master Nina Mistry are Divine Channels and Worldwide Representatives of Dr. and Master Sha. Join them November 5-6 to learn how to open your spiritual channels—see ad below for details. To learn more, contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com.
Open and Express Your Heart and Soul with heavenly wisdom, healing and light!
Open Your Heart and Soul to Healing
Friday, November 4, 7–9 pm | Love oﬀering $10 An evening of soul healing blessings to transform any aspect of your life with the frequency of divine love and light. Experience the life-changing power of Divine Healing Hands. You could be chosen as a healing demo!
Discover the Secrets of the Universe
with Master Lynda and Guest Teacher Master Nina
Saturday–Sunday, November 5–6, 10 am–6 pm | $75 + one guest pass Open your soul communication ability to receive messages and guidance from your own soul and the Soul World. Gain deeper understanding and greater clarity about your physical life and spiritual journey to become your best self. The ways to apply soul communication are only limited by your imagination. Life becomes an ongoing discovery of the secrets of the Universe.
Divine Healing Hands Certification Workshop
Friday–Sunday, December 2–4, 10 am–7 pm Become a powerful Divine Soul Healer and be empowered to self-heal and help others to heal and transform health, emotions, relationships, finances, and more. Complements and augments all healing modalities.
Master Lynda Chaplin Master Nina Mistry Certified Divine Direct Soul Communicators and Akashic Records Readers Divine Channels and Worldwide Representatives of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
Heal and transform the soul first; then healing and transformation of every aspect of life will follow. – Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha New York Times Bestselling Author!
Saint Paul University, Laframboise Hall, 2nd Floor, Normandin Room, 249 Main St, Ottawa K1S 1C5 Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa | Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa Master Lynda Chaplin | 647.654.7711 | Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Post Operative Recovery and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
urgery is a powerful tool in the modern medical tool kit and is used today in a wide range of applications. Surgery for musculoskeletal conditions is called orthopedic surgery, and is used to treat musculoskeletal trauma, degenerative diseases, sports injuries, infections, tumours, and congenital disorders (disorders we are born with). This includes surgeries such as hip or knee replacement, spinal surgery or fusion, carpal tunnel release, or repair of tendons, ligaments, or cartilage. However, there are many, many other surgeries that are performed for a variety of reasons, such as to help relieve or prevent pain, to reduce a symptom, to improve some body function, or to diagnose conditions. With surgery comes certain post-operative side effects and risks. Some of the major concerns with surgery is dealing with post-surgery pain and the side effects of pain medications, as well as making a complete recovery from surgery and regaining our former mobility and functions. Doctors rely on powerful medications to relieve pain during and immediately after surgery, including opioids and anesthesia. Opioid pain medications are known to cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, pruritis (itch or a sensation that makes a person want to scratch), constipation, and sleepiness, symptoms which can cause difficulty in the recovery and interfere with our day-to-day life. Use of opioids and their side effects may also delay post-operative recovery. Acupuncture is an excellent option for post-operative recovery and has been shown to be very effective in the treatment of both post-operative pain and the side effects of opioid medications. Acupuncture is probably best known for the treatment of pain and it is indeed very effective for relieving pain and reducing the need for pain medications. Pain limits your ability to breathe deeply, cough, walk and perform the activities necessary for a speedy recovery, and acupuncture can help to manage the pain so that recovery can happen more quickly. Acupuncture can also treat the side effects of pain medications including dizziness, upset stomach or nausea, loss of appetite, pruritis (itching sensation), urinary incontinence, and digestive problems, making it an effective option for post-operative recovery. Acupuncture can also help with the body’s recovery following surgery. While surgical techniques have come a long way, surgery still remains a type of trauma that the body must recover and heal from afterwards. Acupuncture helps to boost the immune system and
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
to restore proper functioning to the body, and in postoperative care can help the body to recover and regain health more quickly. Acupuncture can also help with inflammation, decrease swelling and improve mobility and range of motion after surgery. This is important to recovery in order for a person to regain their full abilities and have full use of the body in the months down the road from surgery. Acupuncture may also help reduce adhesion formation and reduce scarring and scar tissue as the body heals from surgery. Research shows that acupuncture can indeed be very effective for post-operative recovery when surgery is followed by a series of acupuncture treatments, and it can also be beneficial to perform acupuncture a day or two before surgery. This ensures that the body is in a healthy state going into surgery in order to ensure a complete and healthy recovery.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience
2016 is a Game Changer!
and receiver. In which case, it is critical to locate the authentic healer – one who embodies divine wisdom, compassion, and right action and continually strives to express these attributes as pure love in action. Ultimately, what everyone desires at the deepest level of their soul-spiritual core (even if they do not consciously by Malachai realize it) is to be truly heard, hile December 21, 2012 gently acknowledged, heralded the birth of a deeply understood, and new wave of consciousness, unconditionally loved. The it is January 2016 that marked Avatar movie beautifully a critical turning point in www.MalachaiCounselling.com conveyed this rare and human evolution. It has been precious experience between described as a tumultuous * * * * * beings with the innocent and game changing year ~ Spiritual Counsel for Awakened Souls ~ two phrase, “I See You.” In the by many. Perhaps you have simple act of Divine Listening “A genius at understanding people” - Dr. W. Bento experienced these intense – in which a healer listens energetic shifts in your “Highly clairvoyant...a clear channel” - Lisa Garr intently with a coherent personal life? “A master of psychology” - Yogishri Vishvketu heart, a peaceful presence, What humanity needs a refined auric field, and a “A super ancient soul” - Melanie (Healer) more than ever is a deep Christed mind – the most internal cleansing. Those of To book your complimentary session: profound shifts and healing us on a conscious spiritual transformations can occur. path understand that our firstname.lastname@example.org My name is Malachai primary work has everything (which means “My to do with the “inner game.” Messenger”) and I have been on the path for many As Within, So Without. As we make significant changes on the inner planes, so those changes can be instantly lifetimes. And so it is with awakened consciousness reflected or “outpictured” in the circumstances of our and loving intention that I humbly bring forward a unique mode of spiritual counselling and healing daily lives. transformation. This counselling approach has no In 1977, this great awakening began with the pivotal label, no description, and no formal method; yet I have discovery of the planetoid Chiron, which acts as a experienced its subtle power, time and again, having powerful bridge between the inner and outer planets. interacted with hundreds of individuals from every Orbiting between Saturn and Uranus, Chiron (aka walk of life in the most varied circumstances. As a “the wounded healer”) foreshadowed what we now seasoned empathic mirror, I simply tune in, feel into, refer to as the New Age of spirituality and continues and offer a safe healing space – an alchemical container to embody the accompanying shift in consciousness. that allows divine healing grace to gently express itself It is also during this time period that a vast array of in the moment. beautiful healing modalities began to appear (e.g., As the energetic chaos on the planet continues Matrix Energetics, Reconnective Healing, LifeLine, to intensify, increasingly individuals have sought Reiki, BodyTalk). my counsel in recent months. While I am infinitely Sadly, too many of us on the spiritual path may comfortable listening to and interacting with any and become obsessed with locating “just the right healing all souls who make their way into my life, I find my technique” – that perfect magical elixir that we hope will spiritual talents have been best put to use serving instantly relieve us of our incessant emotional pains, those who recognize themselves on the awakened our lingering childhood wounds, our karmic residues. spiritual path: You may call yourself a lightworker, If we’re not careful however, this magical healing quest empath, peace-maker, energy healer, spiritually gifted can quickly morph into a never-ending distraction on individual, wayshower, or evolved soul. the spiritual journey. In truth, the most important and often overlooked Feel free to send an email (with your phone number) to ingredient in the “healing equation” is the being who email@example.com or visit MalachaiCounselling.com works with said modality (rather than the modality for more information. I offer a complimentary 15 minute itself). If that individual is lacking in the requisite session during which we can chat for a few minutes, gain spiritual maturity, is afflicted with unhealed woundings, clarity about what you’re seeking, and determine whether or harbours too much spiritual ego, it will invariably we’re a good fit for one another within a spiritual counselling interfere with the available healing energies that wish to context. Sessions take place by phone, in person or via Skype. express themselves in the sacred space between healer with Divine Love in Action, Malachai
Balancing your inner game and your outer game
Michèle C. St.Amour & Chakaura Institute of S.O.U.L.
by Patricia Waldygo ©November 2016 eeting Michèle Cleveland St.Amour for the first time brings to mind the deli scene from When Harry Met Sally and its famous line: “I’ll have what she’s having.” It’s not hard to imagine people thinking this when they encounter Michèle. With her dragon-like eyes that shift from black to gold, her joie de vivre, and a knack for seeing the humour in life, Michèle manifests the vibrant life force of her teachings. We all embody our choices in life, whether good or bad—we are the sum total of our decisions about spirituality, diet, ethics, and more. By this measure, Michèle St.Amour is obviously doing something right.
Michèle C. St.Amour, Founder & Director of Chakaura™ Institute of Soul
Aboriginal ceremony with Michèle, retreat 2016 In her early thirties, Michèle went through a spiritual awakening often referred to as the “dark night of the soul.” Her many years of physical, mental and emotional healing forced her to delve deeply into her inner world, unconventional experiences, and states of being. Similar to the paths of other mystics and seekers, her quest enabled her to understand the esoteric meaning of our human journey. Michèle’s novel Chakaura: Awakening the Muse parallels her own awakening and tells the story of a young woman’s daredevil attitude when faced with altered realities and the moment of enlightenment that changed her forever. (Publication date: December 2016)
Even her married surname, St.Amour, serendipitously coincides with her philosophy and teachings. The name of the organization she founded in 2007— Chakaura™ Institute of S.O.U.L. (System of Universal Love)—appeared in her mind’s eye one day. Michèle immediately recognized its wisdom, because “everything I teach centres on directing love energy, the most powerful force in the universe.” Michèle focuses on the science behind spirituality, approaching self-transformation from the logical, as well as the intuitive, side. Though not anchored in any
belief system, she combines teachings from the wisdom traditions of many cultures, going back to the Essenes and the ancient Egyptians. “When these original pure teachings dispersed all over the world,” Michèle says, “each culture received a portion of them—similar to one bead of a necklace. The Chakaura practices empower students to join these beads and clasp them into a circular necklace of knowledge, like the uroboros.” Deriving some of her teachings from her Aboriginal elders, Michèle believes that maintaining good health is a continual process of staying strong spiritually, mentally and physically. We must remain in harmony with ourselves, other people, our natural environment and our Creator. Of all the techniques she teaches, “grounding” is the most crucial for health. And taking responsibility for our choices starts us on the path. Michèle lives simply in a solar-powered house in the mountains, growing a good amount of her own food and implementing a sustainable lifestyle as much as possible in our modern world. She also gathers wild herbs and always plants a wide selection in her garden for various medicinal remedies, in keeping with her Native heritage. “Knowledge often presents itself in such a natural way, as with totems,” Michèle says, “so people have to develop awareness and pay attention to every word and everything they encounter, for that is how the spirits of all things communicate and guide us.”
Although Chakaura Institute has both short-term and long-term programs, the practices are not a “quick fix” that one can do over a weekend. They require dedication and a commitment of time and energy, so that students can integrate the teachings into the deepest levels of the self. Many other spiritual systems deal with the first three layers of the aura and the first three (lowest) chakras. The Chakaura practices start with these but continue through all twelve layers of the aura and include every chakra, putting students on a path to becoming “masters.”
“People don’t realize that the energy field I call the Chakaura™ is a living, breathing organism,” Michèle says. “The chakras and the aura are not separate. One is simply the result and the emanation of the other, hence Chakaura™: chakra, aura.”
Dedicated to a life of service, Michèle began teaching alternative holistic health techniques 16 years ago. She is a certified Naturopathic-Energy Practitioner© and educator, and she provides workshops, retreats, and seminars in both French and English to those guided to her. The centre offers Chakaura Structural Balancing and Energy Balancing Therapy and Training, along with Self-Discovery Programs. Therapeutic sessions and consultations, aromatherapy and massage therapy are available at the Chakaura Health Clinic. When requested, Michèle will also travel to other locations to offer programs and seminars.
She further explains, “The basis of our energy healing teachings at the Chakaura™ Institute is the principle that all psychological and spiritual processes also have negative by-products, much as our biological functions do. We must eliminate unnecessary substances for spiritual health and vitality to be present. If not, they create emotional, mental, or spiritual blockages that our society calls ‘stress’—another psychological process with proven biological ramifications that are often deadly. A blockage is something that doesn’t move and that constricts the flow of energy or vital life force. This follows the law of vibration: Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates. Matter is simply an energy particle vibrating at a very low frequency, creating the illusion of solidity. This alone proves that all of man’s experiences have by-products, for the frequency of vibration defines every aspect of man.”
Main teaching hall
Michèle offers lectures & teaches throughout the year.
Chakaura™ is centrally located at 250 Main St. East, in Hawkesbury, Ontario, only one hour from Montreal, Ottawa, Cornwall and St-Sauveur. Visit chakaura.ca for more details.
Numerology Forecast for November 2016
dd the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then add the number 2 for the month of NOV. NOTE – If you’re final number adds up to double digits, add the two numbers together again until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Important note: This information is based on your current monthly cycle according to the laws of numerology. If you email me at (Lbaird@istar.ca) I will send you additional free information for the current year that you are in for 2016. Please send your day and month of birth. Free monthly newsletter also available. 1. Look for creative ways to market yourself, or your product. This is one of the best periods of the last nine years for you to take a step forward and advance in your business or career. Buy and sell, now. 2. Close as many other doors as you can and finish as many of your projects and you will float through Nov. Your emotions will be raw so try to vent them in a health way. There are relationships that must change, or end, now. 3. Have you lost your mojo? Slow down and find peace by doing something creative this month. Your focus comes back next month, so be patient. If you decided to take the month off for a bit of fun, this would work. It is all about work in Dec. 4. Business trips are fine this month, but a fun filled holiday should be left for another time. The number 4 has a connection to work and duty, and usually lots of it. Change and rewards come as soon as Dec. 5. Big changes and opportunities are in your face, this month. Boxing gloves might be required, as conflicts and outburst can happen under this influence. This is a great influence for publicity, performing, and selling. Take a trip and have an adventure. If you are in a rut....GET OUT NOW! 6. I know that you would like this year to be over now, but it is not, so keep your chin up. This is a rebuilding year and it demands so much work, that you could be totally overwhelmed at this point. Try to find some balance. 7. STOP EVERYTHING. You will need to rest and take extra care of yourself, in Nov. Take the focus off your relationships and work obligations and place them on your frazzled self for most of the month of Nov. Fill your tank now!
8. This influence is great for all purchases that are connected to your domestic life. Fix the roof, redo the basement, etc. You could receive some unexpected money or recognition at this time or perhaps even a career shift. 9. I am sure that your head is so full of worries and frustrations that you feel it could blow. The sun will peek above the horizon by the end of the year. You must continuing looking after the most important person….YOU. Get rid of any poop on your path, now. This is mandatory or you will trip over it later. Laura Young is an Intuitive Numerologist and Core Belief Modification coach: Lbaird@istar.ca or call 613-725-7232. In-person (Ottawa, ON), Phone, Face Time and Skype sessions are available. www.yourdaysarenumbered333.ca
My Reiki Journey with Dogs
saying, “Now that you are a Master, you are skilled enough (because I am no guinea pig).” Now the look on her face during her Reiki is a sleepy smile. Kimberly Swan Smile is what Rugby does, with widemouthed, vocal kisses. Rugby is an eiki came into my life in 2005, after 11-year-old Australian Shepherd I first a friend of mine had received her met four years ago. Before I met him, level 1 attunement and told me I had when he was a young agility star, he to try this. Her Reiki Master graciously suffered from an injury that ended his agreed to teach me as an only student, career. At the time alternative therapies as there were no more classes planned like massage and physiotherapy were for the year. For this I will be forever not available, and the veterinarians at grateful, as Reiki has helped change my the time did not have many options for life. injured back muscles. Rugby has had My journey to become a Reiki Master to live with a sore back since then, even has been slow because of the many too sore for massage at times. After my lessons I have had to learn along the experience with Kirra, I was hesitant to way. I am currently a canine massage try Reiki with Rugby, so I just followed therapist, and I have been incorporating Kirra’s advice. To my delight, he Reiki into the massage sessions. Some loves Reiki. It has taken several Reiki dogs loved it, some were indifferent -sessions, but Rugby is no longer too and then there was Kirra. sore for massage -- mind you, it is still Nov 20th, 9-5 Kirra is a 9-year-old Greyhound on his terms. Despite how sore Rugby rescue, and her lesson for me was was and how long he has been in pain, Nov 27th, 10-5 patience and trust. After receiving my he never lets it show; he is always Animals love Reiki level 1 attunement, I was very zealous positive and happy. Greeting each day energy! They are great in offering Reiki to everyone, whether with a smile is some good advice. teachers in how to work they wanted it or not. Well, Kirra Reiki works in mysterious ways with this wonderful gift. set me straight: if looks could kill, I for me, especially when I am having This is a 2 day course, would have been a goner the first time doubts about continuing with my students receive Level 1 I offered her Reiki without asking her training to become a Master. I was so Usui Reiki certification permission. I tried on several other heartened by the most recent message occasions, and again after my level 2 and additional training on of affirmation, one that came from how to apply this energy attunement, but always with the same Lucy, a 2-year-old Border Collie. Lucy to animals. result -- the trust was gone. At least she is a very sweet and sensitive dog who still liked her massages, so I stopped To register, please email me at loves to play but has no concern for the trying to offer her Reiki. Over a year email@example.com wear and tear on herself. This is where has gone by since I first offered Reiki www.tranquilswan.com I will confess that I forgot that Reiki to Kirra, and I have now been attuned is good for all ages, young and old, to be a Reiki Master; it is only now as I mostly used it on my senior clients. Lucy’s owner that Kirra is finally accepting the Reiki, and still only had an animal communication reading with Lucy, and if permission is asked. If dogs could talk, she would be through the communicator Lucy said: “My shoulders are sore because of an energy blockage, and I only trust Kim to do Reiki.” Dogs will forever teach us the lessons we need, as Master Choa Kok Sui’s long as we learn to listen. Reiki has greatly improved my relationship with all of my canine clients and their owners.
Animal Reiki Training
you haved the power to heal! •physical/emotional/psychological ailments
•improve relationships • heal the past • manifest goals • increase prosperity • increase success • develop spiritually • increase intelligence • protect yourself with energy hygiene
*BASIC PRANIC HEALING Level 1 pranichealingontario.ca NOV 19/20 (Sat/Sun, 10am-6pm) firstname.lastname@example.org *Weekly Meditation on Twin Hear ts Wed 7pm (613) 282-0801
ORGANIC CEREMONIAL HERBS
INDIGENOUS ART & CRAFTS
ORGANIC WHOLE LEAF TOBACCO Our Tobacco is intended for ceremonial purposes. We are the only fully licenced whole leaf Tobacco manufacturer / dealer in Ontario. WHITE SAGE, DAKOTA SAGE, SWEETGRASS and a variety of other dried herbs ABALONE SHELLS sizes 2-16 cm, BROADCLOTH in 11 vibrant colours, SMUDGE BUNDLES, INDIGENOUS ART, crafts, ceremonial tools, books, DVDs, and more. We also do custom & group orders. WE ARE A MAIL ORDER COMPANY. SEE WEBSITE FOR LOCATIONS WHERE OUR PRODUCTS ARE ALSO AVAIL. BULK DISCOUNTS & WHOLESALE PRICING AVAIL.
Tel: 613-256-9229 email@example.com
613 266 7013 â€¢ firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.numetrica.city/
Doctor of Tibetan Medicine 1/4 page 1/2 Page Width (8.6 cm) * 1/2 Page Length (11.9 cm)
Prices: Colour $ 154.80, B&W $129.00 Tibetan Herbs
Emchi Shakya Dorje
1 416 762 2886
Ottawa Shambhala October 1 -3 Meditation Centre December 3 - 5 119 Ross Ave, Suite 102 24
Cultivating Contact with Refined Worlds of Light by Regiena Heringa
here is upon our good planet a tremendous movement of spiritual energy which is increasingly evident in our societies and world communities. Although the shadow falls deeply, it is fading as the Light of sacredness amplifies. Because of our dedication to the Divine Spirit, we are blossoming into an insightful and intelligence people. We are becoming Good-ness and God-ness. Through our expansion of consciousness and heart, we demonstrate our readiness to participate in splendid intergalactic and trans-dimensional communities of significant and holy design. To cultivate contact with these refined worlds, we must first ensure that we are firmly anchored in the radiance of the Creator by replacing the expression of ego with the qualities of soul. Here we illustrate that we are reliable and dependable spiritual citizens. With contact we must also understand that the language employed is refined and expansive, founded on open minds and hearts and noble intention. Regiena Heringa, an emissary of Love and Light, will be visiting OSPC on Sunday, November 6th to bring those seeking, the message of how to Enter Sacredness and Light. She will also be offering a workshop on Saturday, November 19th, helping those ready to Cultivate Contact with Refined Worlds of Light. The aim of Regienaâ€™s workshop is to initiate a harmonious and firm field of love and expanded consciousness with the group, after participants have spent a few moments in inner reflection to clarify their intention. This energy field, established through guided meditation, invites beings from Light worlds and serves as a continual
platform for contact throughout the workshop. To facilitate contact, participants will familiarize themselves with the projection of their awareness into other places and understand, through sensing, the characteristics of the unbounded mind. Time will also be spent on the nature of the language used and received in contact. Participants will leave the workshop with techniques on how to establish and maintain inner divine grounding and how to further cultivate spiritual contact with these beings and communities of refined worlds of Light. If this calls to you, come meet Regiena at our Sunday morning service on Nov. 6th. For more information about OSPC, the workshop, and how to register, visit us at www.ottawaspiritualpathways.com or contact us at email@example.com Regiena Heringa (www.nextagemission.com) has been a teacher, counsellor and messenger of spiritual advancement for many years, working in English and in French, in Canada and abroad. Through workshops, private sessions and transmission of information from higher realms, she helps truth-seeking individuals to feel, explore and live the inner realm of the Divine, to live this spiritual centring in daily life and to tune into communities of beings of refined and insightful consciousness who vibrate at exquisite levels of Light.
The Value of Energetically Clearing Your Home Especially Before Selling It!
ll homes have energy signatures, like any living thing. You know this because upon entering a home, it feels “right” or “there was just something that we didn’t like about that place”! When selling a home, it is always a good idea to have a “professional in this field” come and do an energetic clearing to help encourage the sale. Just like you would have a home cleaner come in and clean the home from top to bottom; this is the exact same thing - except on an energetic level.
releasing that which needs to be released. This may mean journeying into your childhood, the cellular level, other lifetimes/dimensions or speaking with deceased loves ones, angels, guides. Each session is absolutely unique and a deeply sacred ceremony. I never know where your soul will guide us. Reiki is my life’s passion and it is my joy and honour to be a spiritual midwife for those seeking to help themselves. If you are struggling with an issue, feeling overwhelmed or would simply like to relax and rebalance, I am here for you. Hyacinth Crystal Reiki is my healing practice. Individual or group Reiki I, II, III classes available. Find me on Facebook, at hyacinthcrystalreiki.ca or on Instagram @jazzreiki. 613-620-7463. 20% Off Initial Reiki visit.
D Imagine not bathing for the duration of living in a home. Now imagine that that home is 30 years old. All that stagnant energy is all around that home, imbibing everything contained within it -including the people! The home’s energy field holds the energetic imprints of every argument, happiness and sadness that has ever occurred in the house and its property. Remember that the property, upon which the house was built, has been there for millions of years. What has that land experienced, witnessed and held on to until someone comes along to help clear it? The answer is a whole lot. Ideally, a home should be cleared weekly. When selling a home, it is imperative to help cleanse the energetics because people are increasingly more conscious of, and sensitive to energies. Otherwise, a home could linger on the market for months or attract offers well below the asking price; if a person feels the weight and repressed energies within that house. A home is a person’s sacred space. If your home does not feel good or you are planning on selling and would like some help, please contact me and we can discuss your particular situation. My name is Jazz (Jacinthe) and I am a Holographic Usui Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Holographic means I tap into the client’s energy field, which is a codex of all that has ever happened to us, and sense where the imbalances are and help the body remember its original blueprint for health and wholeness. Your Spirit guides the session and lets me know what is needed. I follow the energy wherever it leads, with the aim of
oes savasana ever feel like the most difficult pose? Do you fear sitting still more than you fear headstand? These statements were true for me, and I believe them to be true for many Western practitioners of yoga. When I first began my yoga journey, the only practice I enjoyed was the 112 degree Fahrenheit , hour and a half Bikram class. Gradually I began to enjoy vinyasa and flow classes, but still had to be in constant motion during my practice. I was consumed by dominant energy. I was completely out of balance when I walked into Wishingtree Yoga, where I would eventually begin my 200 hour Traditional Hatha Yoga teacher training. My instructor Rupa approached her practice as a meditation in motion. She encouraged me to watch my breath and try closing my eyes during class. Next I was asked to come to a yin yoga class on a regular basis. After a few weeks, holding yin poses for three to five minutes no longer felt like a challenge. It was only then that she began to slowly introduce more formal methods of mediation. By approaching meditation in this manner, I was able to stay open and receptive to what I was learning. I was surprised by how many ways there are to practice formal meditation, and even more surprised to find some that I enjoy. The asana practice is only a fraction of what yoga has to offer. This journey has opened up an entirely different side of yoga to me. I now practice 20 minutes of formal meditation almost every morning. It has not only improved my knowledge and understanding of yoga, but has also improved my focus and disposition in daily life. I find myself liking all styles of yoga, not only the power styles of my past. I realize that without meditation, one cannot begin to understand the philosophy of yoga and the true nature of self. Laura J. Denning
November news from Church of Perfect Liberty
Are you having to deal with daily challenges, are you diabetic, changing jobs, new to the city, trying to control your weight? Every day, we are asked to make decisions that affect our daily living. The Church of Perfect Liberty believes that its philosophy of life, and teachings, will help you to find ways to deal effectively with challenges and obstacles that come your way. The holiday season, is one of mixed emotions, so much happy, followed with a lot of “worry/stress” Every 21st of the month, the PL church has a special thanksgiving service at 7 pm. We come together to give thanks. We show our gratitude and appreciation with prayer. After service we have a social time we would love to have you join us. On Wednesdays, I'd be happy to meet with you at the church for a private consultation. Please call for an appointment. 613 – 225-1850 (Dymoon). Senior Minister – Rev. Eugene Hayashi (Tues & Wed). PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Road • 613-225-1850 Facebook Q & PL-Perfect Liberty https://www.facebook.com/ShingelDymoonPL/
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
Why would one want an organic mattress and sheets? Besides preserving our soil and protecting farm workers and their communities from toxic chemicals, organic bedding has a lovely, clean energy that is delicious to sleep on and restorative to one’s health. A few years ago I started having interrupted sleeps, finding myself up at all hours of the night and then chronically tired during the day. I decided to look into an organic mattress after having many nourishing nights on one at my sister’s home. At the Obasan store south off Merivale, I found myself lying on beds while talking about my sleeping style and learning about their products. They are engineered in layers of organic cotton, wool and rubber to suit each individual and warrantied for 20 years. One can see the neat and clean manufacturing process through windows at the back of the showroom, wonderful local jobs! Several weeks after my mattress was delivered and installed, our manager Ellie asked how I liked my bed. I realized that I had significantly fewer sleepless nights, about one a week instead of 3 or 4 and my energy was better. Pleased with my investment, I can recommend it whole-heartedly. Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. runs the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre ½ hour NW of Ottawa. Sign up for our monthly newsletter at ecowellness.com to learn about programs and events. Mention us when buying an organic mattress at Obasan and receive a $100 discount.
How To Eat Intuitively For Optimum Health By Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul
hese days we’re inundated with so many opinions, judgments and moralistic bents on what to eat and how to eat, it’s difficult to know which direction to go in. We’re told that vegetarianism is the gold standard of nutrition. We’re told that the Mediterranean diet holds the key to longevity, so that’s how we should eat. And now the Paleo diet has taken the nutrition world by storm. So, which one works best for you? If you were to make an intellectual decision it would be easy to pick a camp and dive in. But that might not be what’s best for your body. What to do…what to do! Here’s a thought: Why not take an Intuitive Approach to your diet and forget all of the noise. But how do we do that? The good news is you don’t have to be Sylvia Browne in order to intuit the best way for you to nourish yourself. Here’s How You Can Begin Intuitive Eating Today: 1. Move your mindset from wanting to look good to wanting to feel good. This is actually a gamechanger. When you shift your mindset from one of superficiality to a deeper framework of incredible, vibrant health, your choices naturally change. And it’s easier to stay the course if health is the goal. Finally, the best part of this shift in mindset is when you feel good, you look even better 2. Leave the morality out of your food choices. I’ve talked about this before. This is one of the most perplexing choices I’ve seen. We’re the only species on the planet that thinks that we can eat according to a moral code rather than a biological imperative. No other animal on this planet does this. Why? Because they eat what their species was designed to eat in order to optimize their health and longevity. It’s called survival of the fittest.
3. Never go on another diet again. I’m going to say it. Dieting is nothing but insanity. Deprivation never, and I repeat, NEVER works. Our bodies instantly begin storing fat (to prepare for the famine) and that completely defeats the purpose of going on a diet. When you leave out the crappy food and, again, focus on feeling great, than dieting has no place in your world. It never did. 4. Look to your ancestry. Are you Italian? Scottish? Indian? Asian? Look to your ancestry and you’ll find the closest fit to the most biologically appropriate diet for you. 5. Remember what you loved as a kid. Okay, the healthy stuff! Not the ding dongs or powdered donuts (even though they were pure awesome!). What, of the healthy foods, did you love? What did you go back for during big feasts and celebrations? Your body still wants those foods. 6. Honor your hunger. You’re hungry because your cells are requiring nutrients in order to keep you running well. Feed yourself when you’re hungry. Eat with gusto. Eat without distraction. Enjoy every bite. 7. Honour your fullness. Decide to not eat when you’re full. Something else is going on. You’re either bored or sad or something. But if you’re full, don’t add any stress to your body by shoving more food in it. At the same time, figure out what it is you really need in that moment and honor it. Our bodies want to run well and be healthy and thrive. When we listen to them and honour them, they’ll do just that. Let go of any social, cultural or moralistic conditioning and eat the foods that your body wants. Be present while you eat and love every bite. Written by Ann Jarvis of The Nourished Soul www.thenourishedsoul.ca firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 218-6899
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops November 19 & 20, 2016 Introductory Animal Communication & Animals as our Healers, Messengers & Mirrors 2-Day Workshop Quantum-Touch® Therapy Level I Certificate Training weekend Saturday and Sunday, November 26th and 27th, 2016, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Aileen’s Oasis Information and Registration Aileen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org or Aileen’s Oasis www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com 613-228-2272, by cell at 613-795-3751 In a few short hours you will learn how to run energy using meditation and special breathing techniques that will allow you to heal yourself, your friends, family, plants and animals. In fact, by the time you have your lunch break on the first day, you will have created amazing results. You will be learning from the first Canadian QuantumTouch Instructor, with an amazing record. Quantum-Touch Therapy Level I Clinical Trials Offering free 30 minute sessions for 10 participants wanting to be part of this Clinical Trial Please contact Aileen at Aileen’s Oasis to participate. Grounding and the Art of Creating Sacred Space Part I Friday, November 25th, 2016 , 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, clearing a physical space, being present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone else working or living closely with others. For further information, a flyer and registration form call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, 613-7953751 or by e-mail at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com
Open and Express Your Heart and Soul with heavenly wisdom, healing and light!
Prevost, QC. Embrace your intuitive abilities and learn how to communicate with animals and receive the healing messages they want to share with us in a supportive environment. Facilitated by Jadi Kindred, author of Intuitive Animal Connections. Intuitive Animal Connections is a heartwarming, true story about the spiritual lessons she learned from abandoned dogs that she rescued. Please visit www.intuitiveconnections.ca for more information and to register. Workshop will be held at a beautiful lakefront property. Space is limited. December 3 & 4, 2016 Introductory Animal Communication & Animals as our Healers, Messengers & Mirrors 2-Day Workshop Prevost, QC. Embrace your intuitive abilities and learn how to communicate with animals and receive the healing messages they want to share with us in a supportive environment. Facilitated by Jadi Kindred, author of Intuitive Animal Connections. Intuitive Animal Connections is a heartwarming, true story about the spiritual lessons she learned from abandoned dogs that she rescued. Please visit www.intuitiveconnections.ca for more information and to register. Workshop will be held at a beautiful lakefront property. Space is limited.
John the Baptist Prepare the way of the Lord An Advent retreat led by Fr. Jean Doutre of the Dominican College. Organized by Ottawa Christian Meditation. Saturday, November 26, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at De Mazenod Chapel, St Paul University, 23 Main St.,Ottawa. No charge. Info: email@example.com
The Song of Sound focuses on unlocking our authentic singing voices and uncovering our heart’s song. Throughout the 6 weeks we will explore proper breathing techniques, body awareness, vocal play, experimentation and improv. We will explore the vocal palette (timbre, loudness and shaping of sound) and we will explore singing alone and with the group. This workshop is perfect for anyone wanting to explore the depths of their voice and the power and healing that lies within the voice. *No experience necessary Sundays from 1-3pm November 13th - December 18th Contact Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-400-9317
Open Your Heart and Soul to Healing Friday, November 4, 7–9 pm • Love offering $10 An evening of soul healing blessings to transform any aspect of your life with the frequency of divine love and light. Experience the life-changing power of Divine Healing Hands. You could be chosen as a healing demo! Discover the Secrets of the Universe with Master Lynda and Guest Teacher Master Nina Saturday-Sunday, November 5-6, 10 am–6 pm $75 + one guest pass Soul communication is the sacred practice of receiving soul messages, wisdom and guidance directly from the Soul World through your spiritual channels. Soul messages and guidance can bring deeper clarity and understanding about your physical life and spiritual journey. Open your spiritual channels to receive guidance from your own beloved soul and the Soul World. Open your spiritual channels to be a better parent, spouse, partner, friend, teacher, or healer. When you open your spiritual channels, you access wisdom and guidance to become your best self and live a happier and healthier life. Divine Healing Hands Certification Training Workshop Friday-Sunday, December 2–4, 10 am – 7 pm Elevate your natural healing abilities to divine source healing frequency and vibration with Divine Healing Hands. This extraordinary transmission can create miracles in your life and in the lives of your loved ones. Location St. Paul University, Laframboise Hall 2nd Floor, Normandin Room 249 Main St, Ottawa K1S 1C5 Information Master Lynda Chaplin 647.654.7711 Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com Meetup.com/SoulMindBodyWellness-Ottawa Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
DIRECTORY • Akashic Records
• Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to email@example.com (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email email@example.com or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - email@example.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, email@example.com
DIRECTORY 11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839. INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca
• Aura Photography
Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613415-1139 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bookkeeping BOOKKEEPING SERVICES for Small Businesses, Non-Profit Org. Practical Accounting for Health and Wellness Practitioners. Bilingual Services, Free Consultation. More than 35 years of experience. Please contact Lucie at 514-7556570 or email@example.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) Mother Earth Natural Health Store, 747 Richmond Rd. Insurance receipts available. Call 613-7224249 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Buddhism IN RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infrared & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/Reiki available. Lanark: 613-2599988; Circa1894.com
PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis - True Body of Wisdom
INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 firstname.lastname@example.org www.rainbow-lady.com
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
• Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
DIRECTORY • Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 KATHERINE ARNUP PhD. Helping you navigate life’s transitions and challenges. Whether you are facing retirement, divorce, or an unexpected loss, I can help you overcome your fears and embrace your life with courage and passion. Expertise in dealing with illness, aging, death and dying. Contact me at katherine@ lifechangescoaching.ca for a free 1/2 hour session. http://www.lifechangescoaching.ca ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at email@example.com. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale.
613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 EXPLORING THE POWERS OF THE MIND What are the tendencies of the mind? How can it be directed to be a supportive companion through the journey of grief? In this workshop you will explore practices - including visualization, breathing techniques, concentration and reflection - to help you understand the mind’s powers and expansive possibilities. This workshop will be offered by Swami Matananda, for Bereaved Families of Ottawa in partnership with Yasodhara Ashram. REGISTRATION REQUIRED Wednesday, October 28th, 6:30 - 8:30 pm 211 Bronson Ave $30 contact: email@example.com. HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only.www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT At the CSNSD we offer you success as a Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner, a Certified Personal Reiki Practitioner, an Intuitive Counselor or Energy Therapist. You can even become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist. Also gain hours towards your A.N.N. membership through us! Have a look and Re-Ignite Your Life! www.canadiannaturotherapies.com 819-328-9128
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
DIRECTORY OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com
ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781.
AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www.avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859. RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
DIRECTORY • Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at email@example.com or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 8300487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www. nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328 MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY.
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye
movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson. com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - email@example.com www.kaivalya.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist who will guide you to become who you wish to be...Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766 SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified
DIRECTORY Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE & HOT STONE MASSAGE- Professional practitioner and instructor certification programs. www.centreforholistictherapies.com
SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-882-6559 firstname.lastname@example.org www.suesintuition.ca INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367 MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling I
NTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPY & TRAININGS. Happiness and Health are yours! I invite you to www.intuitivelight.com for further information. Cheryl Driskell 819-328-9128
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808
GOT A NEED? HAVE A PROBLEM? LET ME SERVE YOU. Derek Van Der Light. Shaman, Teacher & Exorcist. Call or Text: (613) 252-7509. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Blog: http://derekvanderlight.wordpress.com RUNE READINGS BY WILLOW-MARIE POWER For the turning points in your life when understanding the reasons behind your choices, passions and creativity make all the difference. Those times when you need to know what you really want and what matters most. I offer in-depth, hour-long readings (gift certificates also available). To schedule an appointment email: email@example.com or call 613-604-5086 INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or email@example.com
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Live Cell Microscopy
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY. Heal yourself at the cellular level. View red and white blood cell health, and contents of the blood stream. www.aliveandwellness.ca
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish
DIRECTORY • Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423 RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com
DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. email@example.com 1 800 226 4428 CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email email@example.com. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com
A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http:// bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation.com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE) MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique
DIRECTORY health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin
Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, email@example.com, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:30-11:00am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@gmail.com QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Jan. 16, 9:30noon Free Seminar; May 13-15 Retreat; June 4-5 Transposing and Mapping; July 9, 9:30 -noon Free Seminar; July 9-10 Information Healing. Contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 762 8893
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail email@example.com and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. firstname.lastname@example.org Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR
BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004 REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com CATHERINE BASTEDO HOLOGRAPHICUSUI REIKI MASTER; Karuna Reiki® Master. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. 819-9183436. email@example.com MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com
DIRECTORY HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org PESI SHROFF Traditional Usui Reiki Master/ Teacher & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins are committed to self-empower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Hands-on & Long Distance Reiki Treatments; Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management; Anti-aging & Health maintenance; Improving Immunity, and more. Also See Workshops section. Visit www.zgoldenlight.com; Pesi: 613 829 0224; Lise: 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time” ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or firstname.lastname@example.org DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. email@example.com ®
• Rolfing Structural Integration
3 in 1 BASED ON USUI METHOD. New and all levels welcome (individual & small classes) Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org
MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com
Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all
• Room for Rent ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836 GORGEOUS ‘VIOLET FLAME HEALING ROOM’ available at Green Spirit, a cosy, high vibration spiritual store located at 5558 Manotick Main St in Manotick. Very reasonable rates. Flexible schedules can be accommodated. Various forms of advertising included.
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr Crystal-Shamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 email@example.com www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra
Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982 SHAMANIC ENERGY WORK IN PERSON OR AT A DISTANCE for physical, emotional and spiritual healing and well-being. Also animal totem workshops. Janice Land (613) 834-6677. www.journeytoinnerhealing.com
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Practitioner, Reiki Master, IET®, Energy clearing & balancing for mind and body. Crystal layouts & grids. In person or distance, summary provided for distance. Contact: Brigitta at crystalspiritowl@gmail. com or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556. SOUND THERAPY WITH FIBONACCI & SOLFEGGIO TUNING FORKS. Expand your consciousness and promote healing on all levels of your being, across all dimensions. Bring your soul back into perfect alignment with its own ‘song’! Contact Kay Aveling at Green Spirit in Manotick, 613 692 5151 or 613 795 1970.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
DIRECTORY • SPA
• Thai Massage HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. email@example.com
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault
LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Therapies & Healing PAST LIVES AND KARMIC HEALING. Through deep meditation reconnect with your past lives to heal hold wounds and free yourself from karmic links. Nathalie Hillman in Gatineau, French or English. nathalie@ reprisedememoires.com 819-930-2290 reprisedememoires.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, email@example.com, 613-236-5758.
MINIMEWEBSITES.COM Affordable websites, banners. Free Consultation: 613-824-9348 WEBSITESBYDARLENE.COM - One small business helping another. From $250. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION, SelfEmpowerment, Counseling & Developmental Workshops by Reiki Master Pesi Shroff & Reiki Practitioner Lise Desjardins: Bring about the Paradigm Shift from a mindcentered to a heart-centered approach. Workshops: 1) Letting go of False Ego; 2) Releasing Self-limiting Thoughts; 3) Releasing Unpleasant states - Fear, Anger, Frustration, etc; 4) Forgiveness, the Easy Way; 5) Energetically Harmonizing Your Relationships; 6) Energetically Quietening Your Mind. Also see Reiki section. Visit www. zgoldenlight.com; 613 829 0224; 613 795 1469; email@example.com “Empowering one person at a time”
SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www.TheSuccessRoom. ca or call 613.699.4555 Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 WORKSHOP SPACE AVAILABLE days and evenings. Maximum 25 people. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836
• Yoga RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!).Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after
each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-3046320, www.yogaandtea.com SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515.
CLASSIFIEDS • Seeking shared accommodation for early 2017 SPIRITUALLY-ORIENTED SENIOR looking to share a house or apartment with 1-2 other like- minded women (not necessarily seniors) in Feb. or March of next year. I’m peace-loving, healthy and health-conscious, and would love to live with others who are, too. I’d prefer to live in Ottawa’s west end, but am open to other areas. Please email email@example.com.
• Kindred Spirit SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED MAN, 61, looking for a romantic relationship to share laughter, love and fun. Call Mark at 613-257-0003.
PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE -- Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca LA TROPIQUA CAFÉ-Lounge, Yoga Studio and Spa, a new and innovative gem at 1292 Wellington St. West. An oasis for relaxation and healthy living. Contact: 613-695-CALM (2256) YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please call 819-684-6125
17 MD Teaching Topics for Medical Dentistry Seminars by Dr Greenacre and team
1. Medical Dentistry Oral health is critical to total health. I believe there over 100 medical illnesses that have an oral connection. Either Trigeminal nerve related or structurally or from oral organisms. 2. Misguided Deglutition (a bad swallow). Humans have largely lost good swallow function the tongue is the most I highly innervated muscle and thus the most important muscle in the human body. The tongue hyoid complex is an organ system. 3. Maxillary Dysmorphogenesis Palates and noses are getting more narrow. This in turn causes maxilla mandibular dysfunction and displacement. 4. Mandibular Displacement Jaw bones and hyoid bones are getting displaced due to MD 2 and MD 3. 5. Myoneurological Dysfunction Poor growth and function of MD 234 leads to muscle trigger points and pain and nerve impingements that cause referred pain and a limited range of motion and function of the neck and the jaws. 6. Microbial Diseases Tooth and gum infections cause a multitude of whole body illnesses or cause inflammation that spreads through out the body there at least 13 to 15 dangerous organisms in the mouth out of 400 to 500 different organisms in the mouth and now there about 15 areas of research looking at remote bodily connections to dentistry. 7. Miserable Diets (make miserable people) Our diets are generally a mess. We must get back to the Garden Of Eden concept of more fruits and veggies and seeds in our diet. 8. Mineral deficiencies More and more experts are recognizing trace mineral deficiencies . Google Dr David Brownstein world class thyroid expert and his opinion supports this fact of life. 9. Movement Disorders Orthodontists like Dr Brendan Stack have pioneered helping in treating Tourettes and MS. Google tmjstack. com and look at his movement disorder patients. 10 Mental Distress and Mood Disorders MD 1 through 5 can cause dysfunctiuon of the autonomic and the central nervous system because the trigeminal nerve is strongly affected by maxillomandibular dysfunction 11 Metabolic Diseases diseases like diabetes have a gum disease connection. Many others are being researched for the connection through mouth disease generated inflammation.
Dr. Paul Greenacre, General Dentist
DrLaserPaul Greenacre Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine 613-234-5758 firstname.lastname@example.org 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com www.medicaldentistry.ca Call to book a lecture on Laser holistic dentistry and integrative medicine
DowntownDowntown and Alta Vista locations location 12 Malignant Diseases We swallow quarts of saliva daily and this is being connected to bowel cancers and liver and pancreatic cancers then breast cancer has a connection and oral cancer is obviously connected. 13 Missing Diagnoses Fungal infections are described on the book “The Missing Diagnosis “ by Orian Truss and “The Yeast Connection” by Dr Robert Crook and “Cancer is a Fungus” by Dr Tulio Simoncini 14 Manufactured Diseases Unfortunately, we continue to create chemical compunds that are not tested for their cumulative or immediate effects on the human body and many of these chemical we place them into our mouths as preservatives colouring agents sweeteners and also the quality of our water is being steadily eroded some day water will be worth more than old. 15 Meningeal Dysfunction Cranial sacral therapists can palpate the slight rhythmic cranial bone micro- motions between the cranial bones . maxillary dysmorphogenesis and mandibular displacement and myoneurological discrepancies all cause stress to the cranial rhythms. 16 Mankind’s Destiny We need to pursue more collaborative and integrative medicine objectives. We need to reunite medicine dentistry and psychology and all physical medicine and energetic medicine practitioners to study the body as a whole We are all on one team but we do not communicate in integrative medicine conferences as much as we should. The human being is an energetic emotional physical continuum and we have to recognize this before we can seek human peace harmony and all pursue higher purposes as a team. OUR DESTINY is to co-create with God and with each other. 17 Mankind’s Dilemma We don’t get it right very often. We are often stubborn emotional failures vs the intellectual/emotional/ energetic inventive successes that is our potential Medical Dentistry is about integration and reuniting Medicine and dentistry in collaboration for the betterment of all their mutual patients.
Healing in a Time of Great Change Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch® Therapy Practitioner/Instructor, Empathic Life Coach
And my work. I’ve always believed that my handson healing modality, Quantum-Touch Therapy was part of the new way to be well. I’ve really considered that the existing medical model was quite outdated, and that we would begin to find more peaceful, and gentle ways to be well, ways in which our innate ability of our bodies to heal themselves would be the new way to wellness. And as I live my life, and grow older, and more well, healthier and happier and more fit and strong, I feel that I have some confirmation of this opinion.
ife, as we have known it has been changing for some time. Many of us are aware of the changes, but most people are only vaguely conscious that change is happening and for those who do feel differences in their day to day lives, there is not the profound awareness as there In Ottawa area serving Ontario & is for those who seem to be in the Western Quebec forefront of that change, and are being guided, (maybe pushed is a AILEEN MCKENNA better word), but whatever, we know that where we are living within our Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner own sphere is on the cutting age of Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner life as it will be in the future. We Certified Aromatherapist are the change agents, and we have been out here doing our new thing, AILEEN’S OASIS for the new world for some years. 613-228-2272 Most of us are aware of the context 613-795-3751 of our work, but whether or not we email@example.com are aware, we have been compelled firstname.lastname@example.org to move into this new phase of life www.aileensoasis.com from whatever our life was before, www.quantumtouch.com and we are finding a totally new way to be, a new feeling about what we call work, and we have developed a beautiful sense of the perfection of how change has been orchestrated around us, and in us, without us truly knowing what has been happening. I’ve read the works of Joanna Macy, Coming Back to Life: Practices to Reconnect Our Lives whose work has embraced the changes on the planet and the need for us to change in the way we relate to the planet. She has inspired me to be aware, to view the planet as a living being, and to view everyother being on this planet as precious and unique individuals with our own special gifts that we have brought to the planet to help with the ‘Great Turning’. I’ve read the works of Peter Russell who has reflected upon how everything has speeded up and that it is necessary for us to look around us and to be cognisant of how time is moving faster and everything around us is as well. Previously, I’ve offered some of the works of Greg Braden, who has , in the first of his books, really highlighted all the various changes, particularly changes on the physical planet, but also in terms of the wars, the uprisings in different countries around the world, the weather systems, the ways in which the planet is changing and how much all of society is changing as well.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing
Aileen M. McKenna is a Certified QT Instructor and Practitioner, certified as the first Canadian instructor in June 2004. She has taught classes to 1,000s of students across Canada, in the Caribbean and Scotland and sees 100s of clients annually in her private clinic in Ottawa. Aileen has been offering energy healing in the Ottawa area for more than 25 years, initially with Polarity therapy and Cranio-Sacral prior to learning Quantum-Touch® therapy. You can reach her at 613-228-2272, or by e-mail at aileen.mckenna66@gmail. com or you can check out her website at www.aileensoasis.com, her blogsite at www.wellnessunlimited. ca and the Quantum-Touch website at www.quantumtouch.com
Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758
How To Cope In Uncertain Times
Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, OM, psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
o one would question that these are challenging times. Weather extremes, financial and political uncertainty and global upheaval are at the forefront of the news each day. With so much turmoil being presented to us, how do we stay, not only sane, but feeling safe, grounded and supported? At this 3rd dimensional level it is hard to feel safe if you are the least bit aware of the news, be it mainstream or alternative (which I support.) I used to pride myself in never watching the news thinking it would only depress me and there was nothing I personally could do anyway, so what was the point. I now feel a responsibility to be informed of what I believe truly to be happening. And this will not be coming from CNN or any other major network news. If you were to pick one alternative site to check each day, I suggest beforeitsnews.com. This will open your eyes and give you lots to think about. So we have become aware of what is truly happening in our country, the U.S. and the world, now what? What can we do? First and foremost do not go into fear. Fear is a low vibration that robs you of your energy, your spiritual connection and your ability to think clearly and take positive action. What is required is trust and faith in your connection to your higher self, determination and courage. We are heading into more trying times than we have experienced here in Canada and we need to do so with our eyes wide open. Do not just believe all that you hear or read. Do not be lazy. Check it out for yourself. I am not writing to be a harbinger of bad news, merely to ask you to dig a little deeper. Check out anonhq.com, zerohedge.com and beforeitsnews.com. Make up your own mind. To stay calm and balanced meditate, pray, contemplate, walk in nature--- in other words, lots of nurturing quiet time for yourself to balance out the worldly stress . It is the inner life you develop that will get you through this. That and a group of like minded souls who love and support each other to grow more aware, awake and attuned to their higher guidance. Now back to my normal stuff. I still delight in offering demo sessions on the wonderful TrinFinity8 energy balancing, rejuvenation, restoration and spiritual enhancement system. I also highly recommend you read Kathy Fortiâ€™s book Fractals of God to hear first hand how a near death experience introduced her to her new geeky guides that presented this new healing system for the future. My partner, Doug Henderson and
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available I are having incredible results with the TrinFinity8 and have many testimonials to share. I continue to offer counselling for all issues and I encourage all to try inner child healing sessions. Generally it takes about 5 sessions to set up communication and connection with your inner child, your subconscious, your emotional body. Once you do and start working with the wounded child within, you will be amazed at how quickly your disruptive emotional patterns fall away. I personally used this 25 years ago to do some major healing on lack of self-love, insecurity and anger issues I had been carrying since childhood. I still use it when an emotional issue comes up that takes my normally healthy, strong, balanced self by surprise. It is an invaluable tool that I will use for the rest of my life and would love to teach you to use it also and make it your go-to when emotional issues surprise you. I also specialize in spiritual counselling helping you to connect to your God within, your higher self. In these sessions you learn to live by your higher guidance, your heart and your divine alignment. Finding your life mission is part of this process and learning to live guided by faith not fear is a major goal to be gained in this work. My hobby is being a wedding officiant. If you are interested in a warm, loving, simple and beautiful ceremony letâ€™s connect and see if we can create the perfect ceremony for you. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW. Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer 613-236-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org www.sherryharriscounselling.org
The Significance of Silence W
e usually equate mediation with talking. It’s better for a separating couple to sit down together with a professional mediator and talk through their issues, we say, rather than battle it out in court. A famous book about mediators is called When Talk Works. A best-selling T-shirt in the mediation field says, “Just Talk To Me.” And yet sometimes mediation is not about talking. It’s about silence, about not talking. One of my favourite mediators, Ken Cloke, writes about silence in his book Mediating Dangerously. Silence in mediation can mean many things, he says. It can indicate agreement with the other disputant, or anger with that person. It can suggest stubborn determination or thoughtful reflection. It can mean someone’s feelings have been hurt, or it can suggest quiet contentment. It can be an indication that a verbal eruption is about to take place, or it can mean someone is on the cusp of transformation. “There are, in other words,” says Cloke, “creative and destructive, positive and negative forms of silence. As mediators, our role is to deepen the creative and diminish the destructive silences.” Many years ago a client sat through a 90-minute mediation session with her estranged husband without saying a word. After the first ten minutes or so, I gently asked her what her silence was about. She wiped away a tear from her eyes and just shook her head as if to say that she couldn’t yet talk. “Would you like to reschedule this session to a better time?” I asked. She shook her head vehemently no. I had no idea what she was experiencing, but I sensed that she needed to do this. “Do you want to just sit here like this?” She nodded her head firmly. And so the three of us sat in silence for the rest of the session. Her husband made a few futile attempts at moving the session along verbally, but then seemed to accept that something important was happening, though he didn’t yet know what. At the end of the session, I invited them both to reflect before we met again on what the wife’s silence had been about, what she was trying to convey to her husband that she couldn’t put into words. The couple told me in their next session that later that same day they were able to have one of their most important conversations ever, and reached a breakthrough in their communication that led quickly to settlement. “I just needed him to understand how deeply his decision to leave me had affected me,” the wife said, “and I had given up trying to reach him with my words.”
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613. 237.7335 A mediation colleague once told me another story about the power of silence. In a particularly contentious mediation, after an hour of angry exchanges between the parties, she suggested that they all take a few minutes, “just to let things be.” She then sat with them in supportive silence while they experienced a deep stillness that was in marked contrast to their earlier verbal jousting. Afterwards, the parties seemed to have experienced a major shift. One person offered an apology, and the other person then moved closer to him. They then proceeded to talk with each other in a different way and were able to move towards resolution. “It was just about letting things settle,” says my colleague “and allowing the space for a new perspective to emerge.” Silence can, indeed, be golden. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyermediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
The Premier Yoga Instructor of Ottawa
by Sonja Muller State your full name: Brittany Bryden. How long have you been teaching yoga? Four years. Did you get certified? Yes I got certified in Toronto at the Downward Dog Yoga Centre. It was a 250 hours training. Do you have CPR? Yes I do. How often do you have to get recertified? For yoga there is no requirements as part of the Alliance, it’s the Alliance training. But for me personally, I try and get in as many workshops as I can whenever I have time. So this year I did a whole bunch of workshops in Toronto, again, trying to go back and forth, squeezing in as many as you can. This year is going to be busy. Can you tell me how much a yoga teacher actually makes? Oh that totally dependents on the studio, and depends on the experience. From my experience of when I just started to now, there is a big range between $25 an hour to I would say $70. And it’s totally different if you are in a workshop or something like that, that is where you make most of your money.
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Where do yoga teachers get their massage training? So massage training in part, depends on what training you want, most trainings are different. I had training where we had a reiki specialist who actually had adjustment training. For my score results, it was part of the training that I did but it totally depends on the models that you are doing, depends on the studio I work with, they are all just so different. For the purpose of the interview, what we are trying to find out, if people are interested in the community is knowing if your liability in Yoga Alliance covers you for massage? Yes it depends on your insurance so there is all different types of yoga insurance. For me personally I have insurance that covers me for anybody who is ever in my class and then there is also studio insurance etc. Its all general information, I am sure everyone is aware of it. So the main question is: what is your yoga philosophy in one sentence? Oh in one sentence. To listen to your own body, everyone’s body is so different, that’s because something that works for my body doesn’t necessarily mean it works for yours. One sentence yes that is hard. One sentence, I would say, yes, pick the style that suits your body and not the person next to you or a teacher may not be able to assess you right. So the next question is really really important for the state of the yoga industry today and also what is happening in the world. What advice would you give to the cancer patient who comes for the first time to your class, taking chemotherapy? Find love, find love with themselves. I have actually worked with a few people before and after their treatment. The one thing I learned from a friend that just had chemo, is just getting to like their own body. That is a huge thing itself, connecting with their breath again, getting to know their spirit and their soul and that’s one of the many physical objectives. The last question is: what is the meaning of Shanti to you? Peace, love, protection and there is so much in such a wide sphere. Thank you so much Brittany, I appreciate your time. Yes no worries, yeah ok, Shanti!
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Interviewed by Sonja Muller
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops.
Debra Ramsay, M.Ed. Debra offers authentic healing services for your body, mind and spirit. If you are interested in experiencing the fullness of your energy, come see Debra. Thursdays: Yoga 5:45pm, Coaching and Energy Healing appointments 7-9pm. Drop-ins also welcome. www.intentionfirst.com Live Happy!
Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details. Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) Julie is a certified Reiki Master and instructor that will bring peace and sense of well-being. Apart from her Reiki gift, she is also a Tarot card reader/ clairvoyant. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email jureiki@hotmail. com for an appointment or walk-in. Patty Chevalier Samm Patty is a medical intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor and Reiki Master. While looking at physical issues, limiting beliefs and thoughts, and blocks in the flow of life-force energy, Patty works intuitively with you to create change for the body, mind and spirit. Individual sessions and workshops are available. Visit www.keyahealth.com
Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more info.
Dana Hunsberger Dana is a Reiki Master, Integrated Energy Therapist, Reflexologist, Therapeutic Touch Practitioner, and Intuitive Reader. She offers Angel Guidance & Energy Therapy, Angel Card Readings, and Reflexology at Planet Botanix. Sessions are available on Wednesdays 10am - 6pm. Contact Dana to book an appointment: SacredChakraTherapies@gmail.com or www.sacredchakra.ca Maritie Lord Maritie Lord is at Planet Botanix Saturday from 10:30 to 5:30. She offers Reiki, Theta, Intuitive Readings and Tarot. She has been helping with the healing process for over 15 years. Her rate is $1 minute, so $60 for the hour. Check out her Facebook Page at https://web. facebook.com/energyhealingintuitivereading/# or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Richard Ravenhawke, Psychic Richard has over 500 TV appearances, Over 300 radio spotlights, and 50 newspaper features to his credit. Richard has been a published columnist for 4 National magazines, and has had chapters dedicated to him in 3 books. Richard has been syndicated in 5 Asian countries with 3,000,000 listeners monthly! www. richardravenhawke.yolasite.com
CONNECTION Channelled by Lisa Virtue
hat is the relationship you have with your Creator? Are you feeling disconnected? Have you thought about the greater energy? Your vast essence is much more than you perceive here in the physical. You have heard this before and you will likely hear it again many times. While there can be a mental understanding of the concepts, what is that deeper sense within you? Have you cultivated a connection to that which is beyond your five sensory inputs? Have you delved into a deeper feeling? What is achieved by doing so you may ask? What is wrong with simply going around as you have been in the day-to-day human experience? Of course there is absolutely not a thing wrong or incorrect in doing so. However, if you are seeking something beyond that… and we feel you are here reading this because it is in the context of where you are looking for something beyond. You have already felt that it is limited to be only in the five sense dealings. So what is it that you are seeking? Fulfilment? Depth? Love? Connection? Compassion? Understanding? What you’re seeking could be summed up as “connection to the Divine.” For encapsulated within that is all that you could desire. Why do so many seek in this way? Why are they drawn to this type of spiritual exploration? It is because you know within you, innately underneath, that you are more than you see. You have not been severed 100% from the greater expanse of things. You have simply entered a forgetfulness, an illusion, and you chose to play along with the illusion. Yet not to be so lost in it that you could never return. That tie home gives you that sense that there is more. So while you are living in your ultimate virtual reality experience, take time to cultivate and strengthen, develop that connection. It brings with it a greater sense of self, and widens your possibilities. As you sense and feel and allow and grow your greater connection to All-That-Is, you allow more in your life here. You remember your worth and value more. As that integrates, you find life easier to manage. As this grows you open to further inspiration. The joy of opportunity flows. The recognition that you can be and do and have and experience so much and enjoy it, becomes more prominent for you. While you may still tackle challenging topics and experiences, as you cultivate this greater connection you develop a harmony within yourself. You begin to believe more in your own self. Your perception of life shifts to one of prosperity, abundance, health, wellbeing, and joy more frequently. So when you feel that things aren’t going your way or you are distraught or distressed, and it seems that taking the time to develop a connection is wasting your valuable resource, recognize that even a few moments spent cultivating the depth of your inner
Energy Healer & Divine Channel Live your authentic life. 613.296.4271
LISA VIRTUE www.LisaVirtue.com
connection and connection with All-That-Is / your Creator, pays dividends far beyond the input. For every moment you spend in that peaceful state it is like giving yourself several hours of wiggle room. It comes back to you Dear One, greater than you put in. For the Divine is always flowing abundance and love to you. Your periods of connection or allowing or peace, are you opening the doors and saying, “I’m ready to receive.” Nothing is being held from you. It is only your own resistance and blocks that you put up, often unaware, that prevent that flow. It is part of life do not feel bad about it. But know that spending the time is very worthwhile and you will ultimately feel good about having done so. We leave you with this for now, Dear Beings of Love. Enjoy your time as an incarnate being having such great feeling-type experiences. With love from Creator / All-That-Is Lisa Virtue channels Divine beings to aid you in your own ascension process. Join her for an Energy Healing to clear away more of the blocks to your receptive state. Follow her on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LisaVirtue01 Contact: 613-296-4271 Lisa@LisaVirtue.com www.LisaVirtue.com Live your authentic life.
OPEN HOUSE Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12th
9am - 5pm
Ottawa Campus, 613-680-9330
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean ONT. (Main Intersection - Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
IHN’s Diploma Program Overview in Applied Holistic Nutrition: Courses, Certification, Faculty,
Admission Requirements & Campus Culture
With Campus Manager & Program Advisor Joshua Fujimagari HBBA
Advanced Nutritional Symptomatology: Adrenal Fatigue: Prevention & Treatment through Nutrition - With Dr. Joel Villeneuve BSc., ND
Nutrition Through The Lifespan:
Optimal Infant and Childhood Nutrition - With Dr. Cheryl Allen BSc., ND, NCMP Balancing pH through Nutrition - With Kristin Shropshire MS, ROHP, RAc.
Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities I Natural Health Exhibit & Holistic Food Samples I Book Sale I Win Door Prizes
3 s Dayly On
BEST WESTERN HOTEL
1876 Robertson Rd., Bells Corners
NOVEMBER 4 - 6, 2016
Friday: 2pm-10pm Saturday: 11am-10pm Sunday: 11am-6pm
TOP PROFESSIONAL PSYCHIC READERS Psychics Lectures Mediums Demonstrations Tea cups Crystals & tarot cards Astrology for sale Holistic wellness show Join in on our seminars to find out Numerology about your own psychic abilities and Tarot Cards get your questions answered by our Aura Camera top pro psychics. Palmistry BE PREPARED FOR WHAT’S COMING UP! Free gemstone with admission $8.00; $5.00 with this ad 48
Start Living Well New Spiritual cards and giftsâ€Ś Quantum Touch, Reiki, Reflexology Iridology, Acupressure, NLP and more... Call 613-226-1129 Quantum Touch Workshops www.startlivingwell.net
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ Our Kids in Unity program welcomes children ages 3-12 for a joy-filled learning experience. ~ Join us for Coffee, tea, treats and fellowship after service. Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us email@example.com We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome!