May 2017, Vol. 32, #9, Priceless
M a g azine A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec for over 30 years
SPIRIT CONNECTIONS with John Holland
LIVE IN OTTAWA JUNE 6 Kailash Mital Theatre, Carleton University LIMITED TICKETS: iamgenie.org
NEW INNOVATIVE ETHICAL TWIST ON DONATIONCROWDFUNDING NO ongoing fees, NO long exhaustive campaigns, NO pleading for money Free Information Session every WED, 7:00 pm, Collab Space, 70 Bongard Av Contact: (613) 862-4717 crowdfundingmyway.com/tone
Veg Fest Ottawa
Saturday & Sunday, June 3-4 from 10a m to 4pm at the RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Dr.
OPEN HOUSE Relax, Enjoy Refreshments & Attend Complimentary Lectures
SATURDAY MAY 13, 2017 9am - 5pm
Emerald Plaza, 1547 Merivale Rd, suite 430, Nepean ON (Main Intersection - Merivale Road & Meadowlands Dr.)
IHN’s Diploma Program Overview in Applied Holistic Nutrition Courses, Certification, Faculty, Admission Requirements, & Campus Culture With Campus Manager & Program Advisor Joshua Fujimagari HBBA
Nutrition & The Environment: GMO Foods: Problems and Solutions With Breanne Gibson MSc., DHN (Hon.), NNCP
Advanced Nutritional Symptomatology: Optimal Digestion through Nutrition With Dr. Joel Villeneuve BSc., ND
Psychology of Disease: The Language of Stress: Problems and Solutions With Deborra Cameron RN
Info on Course / Curriculum & Career Opportunities I Natural Health Exhibit & Holistic Food Samples I Book Sale I Win Door Prizes
VegFest Ottawa 2017 ~ vegfest.ca
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. May 2017 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $30 per year. To the U.S. please send $45 US (first class only). Circulation 8,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) call or text • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1 snail mail only
The Deadline …
The deadline for submissions is about the middle of month prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
Ottawa Veg Fest 2017
or those people curious about, or already choosing a plant-based lifestyle, Ottawa is an incredible city to be in right now. We have a truly impressive array of choices, solutions and gourmet treats that make the word vegan denote fun, fashionable and delectable. And now you can find it all under one roof. In recent years Veg Fest has been held at the RA Centre where there is space for all the activities offered including cooking demonstrations, informative presentations, and a marketplace with over 85 vendors. This year it’s June 3 and 4, from 10 am to 4 pm each day. Mark your calendar! The vendors at Veg Fest will be sampling, selling and showing ONLY vegan products, and if you haven’t attended before, you will be amazed at the wide number of options! OLIVIA CHOCOLATIERS, a Gatineaubased family-owned company has a few new exciting offerings this year. Be sure to stop in to ask about their 100% Raw Chocolate and also a new release this spring: vegan white chocolate!!! This unprecedented combination of artisanal expertise and vegan fair-trade delicacy is taking chocolate to the extreme of perfection. Don’t miss this booth! ADORIT BOUTIQUE is celebrating their 10th anniversary at their brick-and-mortar boutique down in the Byward Market. This is THE place for fun, funky, high quality, sustainable clothing and accessories. Another fabulous Ottawa start-up success story, Emma’s focus is on fair-trade, importing directly from the makers in India, Tibet and Nepal; www.wateruniverse.ca
Water Universe Reverse osmosis & distilled water delivery in glass bottles Water related products, Purification & treatment systems 911 Richmond Rd. Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0G8
Call 613-729-9289 or 613-620-5330 email: email@example.com
Mastafa Mashkour Ph.D, M.Sc (owner) Applied Geophysics/Geotechnique
not to forget the unique offerings of Canadian designers and crafters as well. At the Adorit booth you will find hemp, bamboo and organic cotton clothing; lots of diversity. Don’t forget to ask about the 100% vegan clothing line as well as her line of vegan leather bags and tons of vegan accessories! FAUXMAGERIE ZENGARRY has been a Veg Fest favourite since their inception. Brie that tastes better than brie, jalapeno that really rocks your taste buds, delicate garlic and fine herb spread that makes any cracker proud. These raw, fermented cashew cheeses are brilliant and exceptional! You really have to taste them to believe them. Their website has a plethora of delectable recipes that will impress your guests, entreat your loved ones or gratify your own most discerning palate. Owner Lynda Turner will also be doing a cooking demo Sunday afternoon showing us how to make two different Fauxmage FONDUES!!!! How cool is THAT? One of the many reasons to adopt a plant based lifestyle is sustainability. That means sustainable food sources. A very important key to sustainability is supporting the local food economy because the less a food travels the smaller the carbon footprint is. But also, the nutritional content increases as your food is fresher! Veg Fest will be showcasing a number of local food producers and growers, such as King’s Creek Garlic Farm, Kricklewood Farm, and other businesses that carry products that are produced- locally. This year, attendees can also get free tree seedlings to support Ecology Ottawa’s Tree Ottawa program. Ottawa Veg Fest will also include a number of animal advocacy groups, animal rescues and sanctuaries so that you can see what is being done in the promotion of compassion. There will be cruelty-free cosmetics and body care products to discover and sample and environmental champions such as Canadian Organic Growers and Tree Ottawa. Don’t worry about getting breakfast or lunch before heading to Veg Fest, as an assortment of local restaurants will be there including our Gold Sponsor, The Table Vegetarian Restaurant and Silver Sponsor, Asian Stars, among others. There will be lots of food, snacks, drinks, and take home pantry items like freezer soups, kombucha, herbal teas, preserves, cooking oils and sauces, salad dressings, take home meals and sweet desserts. Easily accessible by bicycle or transit, the RA Centre also offers lots of FREE parking. Admission is by cash donation (donate what you can). Money collected will support the Ottawa Food Bank’s “Community Harvest” initiative and the National Capital Vegetarian Association. Check out the vegfest.ca website for a complete list of vendors and other activities.
Full Spectrum Living str e
and the fruit of the vine) mixed with an “entheogen” made from fermented barley that enhanced mystical and prophetic visions by the participants. The Lesser The mysteries of eleusis Mysteries took place every spring he slogan that I use on my hypnosis in March (related to Persephone web-site is, “What inside…What and re-birth), and were the s s outside…Consider the Whole.” I llnes e initiation ceremony to identify w suggest to my hypnotherapy clients the people who were capable of smokin frui that they practise melting their progressing on to the Greater artificial boundaries and alienating Mysteries, which took place every xie dichotomies. I offer them a safe setting fifth fall in September (related ty and trusting relationship in which to self to Demeter and fertility and the -esteem do so without undue fear of hurting harvest). The main purpose of t themselves. Many people in our weigh these celebrations was to enable society are culturally disconnected and the initiants to transcend their COUNSELLING, COACHING are misusing and abusing cigarettes, own fear of death. The celebrants food, drugs, sex, relationships and & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE experienced for themselves that many other addictions in order Richard M. Haney death was not simply an end, Ph.D.(Counselling), Hypnotherapist to give themselves temporary but but also a beginning. Unlike St. unsatisfying relief from their isolation (613) 234-5678 (613) 726-3636 Paul’s message, according to from others and the world around Bank St. (in Centretown) Pinecrest Rd. which only Christ experiences an them. I suggest to them the concept of earthly resurrection, each of the www.ottawahypnosis.com “full spectrum living” in which they www.ottawacounselling.com many hundreds of thousands of are able to freely express each of their Eleusinian celebrants experienced basic emotions in a meaningful, mature and a personal, earthly resurrection. functional manner. I highlight the importance One powerful image that my clients find of experiencing, rather than just talking about extremely valuable is as follows: or observing their feelings and emotions. a. Shine your Light as bright as you can. Many ancient Greeks and, in particular, b. Be assiduous in not attracting the forces a large proportion of the citizens of Athens, of darkness. incorporated full spectrum living into their c. And then, if you have enough Light left lives by attending secret, spiritual ceremonies over, shine it in dark corners. at the Temple at Eleusis which was about 22 I also suggest to my clients in postkilometers from Athens. From about 1600 BC hypnotic suggestion that they “follow their Light” each until about 400 AD most of the great philosophers and moment when they are back in their regular daily life writers of Greece like Plato, Aristotle, Cicero, Sophocles, and particularly when they are dealing with a very Homer, etc. partook in the pilgrimage along the Sacred difficult emotional situation. Analogously, the Greater Way to spend nine continuous days celebrating the Mystery at Eleusis, which was performed mostly in a Mysteries of Eleusis. St. Paul visited Eleusis around dark sanctuary called the Telesterion, ended with the 100 AD when he was designing the Christian Church. roof opening up and a flood of Light illuminating the He almost certainly included the Eleusinian Mysteries of Demeter, Persephone and Dionysus, in disguised “graduating” celebrants.
form, in the Christian liturgy after that time. The sacred, spiritual rituals of the Eleusinian Mysteries were displaced by the institutionalized dogma of the Christian Church. The Temple of Eleusis was later one of the many spiritual sites destroyed by the Christian Emperor Theodosius. The Eleusinian pilgrims were led in sacred procession along the Sacred Way by a priestess who represented Demeter, the goddess of fertility. Along the route, which was symbolic of the descent into the underworld or the dark side of humanity, the pilgrims were ritually harassed and insulted by masked men. At the ceremonies at the Temple of Eleusis, there were ritual immersions in the Mediterranean, sacred dancing and the drinking of sacred potions of diluted wine (related to Dionysus
Watch our new video
Biochemical Aging - Utilizing Amino Acids to Help Balance the Immune System
by Carolyn Mercer ging is not really about how long someone has been alive, but more about the decline in physical ability and health that tends to occur once a person reaches later life. Aging involves a variety of factors— including our genes, our environment, and infections with harmful viruses and bacteria. The aging process, called “senescence,” occurs at a cellular level. Healthy cell function helps to optimize immune function. The immune system when activated as we age or in cases of chronic illness utilizes amino acids to regulate and repair every organ in the body. Amino acids are the basic building blocks for protein essential to life. Due to modern methods of growing and processing food it is difficult to access sufficient amino acids, vitamins and minerals though diet alone. Caloric needs will decrease as we age but requirements for amino acids and micronutrients actually increase.
• 37 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation
The Science of Healthy Aging Your immune system uses amino acids to regulate and repair your organs, but you can't get these vital elements through diet alone. Now there’s a way to measure your levels, and customize your supplements. Learn more at www.aminomics.com 302-80 Aberdeen Street Ottawa, Ontario (613) 239-0220
Overall protein stores decrease with age related muscle loss. More specifically, taurine is an amino acid that tends to become deficient in cases of liver, kidney or heart disease as we age. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant in the body made up of 3 amino acids (glycine, glutamine and cysteine) which aids in allowing us to detoxify excess toxins which will also decrease with aging. As we age, our body demands a strong foundation for both metabolic and immune systems to support basic life processes. Personalized assessments can include having your own individualized amino acid report and customizing supplements with optimal levels of amino acids, vitamins and minerals based on your unique health situation. By optimizing the nutrient balance in the body we can help to optimize wellness as we age. Carolyn Mercer is a Naturopathic Doctor that works at Immune System Management in Ottawa. Carolyn works extensively studying “Aminomics” profiles. “Aminomics” is the science of how the body utilizes amino acids (protein) to help optimize the immune system. Carolyn has worked with various different types of immune conditions ranging from heart disease to severely immune suppressed individuals with diagnoses such as cancer.
Evita M. Roche
www.aminomics.com 613-239-0220 firstname.lastname@example.org
33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
7 Tips to Mindfully Overcome Bad Habits
ad habits have a profound effect on your life. But habits can be challenging to change since they aren’t based on mindful choice, so it’s difficult to use logic to change your behavior. They require a multi-faceted approach. If you can’t shake your bad habits, try these tips to get you on the road to freedom: 1. Give it a month. In 30 days you can eliminate a bad habit and create a new, positive habit. Do your very best for a month. If you backslide after a month, it’s likely that your strategy is lacking. 2. Replace your bad habit. It’s almost impossible to just drop it and not replace what you’ve lost. So think about what your bad habit gives you and find a replacement that provides the same benefit. Replace the benefit or it will be a constant battle. 3. Deal with one challenge at a time. For example, avoid trying to overhaul your diet, exercise, spending, and smoking habits all at once. Pick one; give it a month. Then add another one once you’re used to not having the first bad habit. 4. Remove your triggers. For example, get the junk food out of the house. If you smoke, stay away from the places you always smoke. Avoid the places that tempt you to spend a lot of money. Habits don’t have a lot of thought behind them – they’re almost like reflexes. Don’t put yourself in harm’s way.
6. Tell your friends. Your friends can help you reach your goal. They’ll say something if they see you eating a hot fudge sundae or smoking on your lunch breaks. Get all the help you can. 7. Be consistent. If you’re going to start exercising regularly, try to do it each day at the same time. This is much easier than trying to exercise 3 times a week. Try to do your replacement habit daily. Bad habits can really hamper your progress. Use the tips above and give yourself a great opportunity to eliminate your bad habits and replace them with useful habits. There’s no better feeling than knowing you have control over your life. Moira Hutchison Mindfulness Coach, Tarot Card Reader & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist 5. Avoid being too hard on yourself. It might take - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling a couple of tries to get the new habit to stick. *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira. Just improve your approach and keep on going. com and sign up for Step One of “The Letting Go - it’s free!! • emotional/physical pain • grievingProcess” • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
613.721.7888 • www.kaivalya.ca
• Les sessions sont aussi offertes en français
take control of your: • emotional/physical pain • grieving • relations • regressions • weight • addictions • stress • energy level • healing the past
Empower Your Life-Path!
Insurance Receipts Available
» Lynne Cardinal
ph.d. eastern philosophy, ngh certified hypnotist, coach, teacher
Hair Analysis How the Sodium/Potassium Ratio Affects Your Ability to be Loving and Sexual by Dr Paul Eck
hy do so many individuals want to enjoy sex, but can’t because they feel fearful and inhibited? Why do so many individuals find it impossible to “let go” and express their true emotions towards a mate? The answer to these questions has to do with mineral imbalances in the body. The quickest way to tell on a mineral chart if a person is fearful and inhibited is to look at his sodium to potassium ratio (Na/K). If a person has a sodium to potassium ratio of less than 2, it can prevent him or her from enjoying a passionate sexual experience. Now you ask, “What does this particular mineral ratio have to do with emotional and sexual enjoyment?” Here is the answer: There are two hormones in the body which control a person’s state of fear. These hormones are noradrenalin and adrenalin and they are both produced by the adrenal glands. An excess of noradrenalin puts a person on the offensive. It makes him excessively aggressive. You could see how this could prevent a person from expressing warmth and tenderness. On the other hand, excessive adrenalin makes one excessively defensive. This would make a person inhibited and afraid to be themselves. How could anyone in this state of mind let and spontaneously enjoy a sexual experience? Normally, there should be a perfect balance between these two hormones. This balance is represented by the sodium to potassium ration. Sodium represents noradrenalin (aggressiveness). potassium represents adrenalin (defensiveness-fear). When these two minerals, sodium and potassium, are in a balanced ratio of 2.5 to 1, an individual will neither be abnormally aggressive or defensive. However, whenever these two minerals become unbalanced, either the aggressiveness or the fearfulness will dominate and sexual enjoyment will suffer. The persons who are the most sexually and emotionally inhibited will have a low level of sodium
(aggressiveness) and a proportionately higher level of potassium (fear). This is why people with a sodium to potassium ratio of less than 2.00 live in a chronic state of fear. They are always on the defensive. People with low sodium to potassium ratio are so fearful all the time that they can never fully express their emotions. They are always inhibited. They can never let their feelings “flow”. These people are generally outwardly lacking in passion while inwardly they may have warm and loving thoughts and feelings. When a person is fearful and inhibited and unable to express his full emotions, don’t look down on him and condemn him. If you had the same mineral ratios that he did, you would be the same way. I know what I am talking about. I spent many years of my life living in a state of perpetual fear. Anyone with a high or low level of copper, iron, zinc, or manganese will have the same problems we just mentioned. Also, many people will not show a poor sodium to potassium ration until their second or third hair test. Their true fearful condition may be “masked”. Discover Better Health with Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. Hair Analysis allows you to see your internal environment to identify and target deficiencies you can then correct with changes in nutrition and lifestyle. Your body has the natural ability to heal itself. Contact: TheHairAnalyst 613-789-1318
The Persisting Pounding Heart – a case study by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within. May this case study inspire you to honour the Divinity of your heart, and heal your limiting persisting patterns.
iedre was experiencing considerable anxiety and aggravation with various physical symptoms. She also felt anger, frustration, and fear that she couldn’t handle it all. While she was being treated with chiropractic and naturopathic support, her heart was exceptionally worrisome and distracting – it was always pounding so intensely that it would even keep her up at night. My higher guidance brought our focus to dialoguing with her body and the emotions and beliefs related to her anxiety. After just one session she felt great relief, felt calmer in body and mind, and slept peacefully through several nights. She felt that key to all this was accepting the higher purpose that we were able to clarify for her: this was all coming to consciousness now to free her into being more present to herself as she fulfilled the work of her soul mission. However, her heart continued to often beat fast and hard and her breathing was still short and shallow. Our next session further revealed that her heart was responding to her fear that she would lose control with everything that needed to be done. Her anxious self was trying to keep her safe, self-protective and cautious, concerned that if she was present to herself in her purpose she would be susceptible to negative interference. So its favourite time to show up was when she sat down to work, causing her to be unfocused and agitated.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
It helped to clear an entity that was creating a significant sense of powerlessness and defeat but there was still much more that Diedre’s heart had to teach her. To find out how Diedre reclaimed her power visit www. MelindaUrban.com 17 years intuitive healing experience. Integrating multidimensional ascension clearing, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, & vocal healing. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. In person or by phone 613-253-2888. Copyright 2017 Amâeil (Melinda Urban) www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved.
HEALING THE WOUNDED CHILD WITHIN
Telecourse June 2017 Learn a step-by-step process that will help you to always support yourself when you are triggered into emotional pain. Make kinder, heartcentered choices for lasting change. Immediately apply this tool in your life after this experiential workshop. It is beneficial to: those who have limited or no personal experience with inner child work/ counseling but currently have spiritual/self-care practices; those who are spiritually awakening and clearing ego; those who have struggled with repressed emotions or have difficulty managing their emotions. You bring with you a commitment to help yourself heal. Details: www.MelindaUrban.com
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Over 25 years experience
Create Abundance and Prosperity in Your Life Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. – Lao Tzu
nlimited love, abundance, happiness, and prosperity are available to each of us. In essence, we are filled with great potential that is waiting to be manifest. We have the seeds of all the qualities needed to align with our true nature. What is true abundance? For many people abundance and prosperity is about having success in their life. Success can be related to health, relationships, finances, business, and more. Much more than financial wealth and physical comforts, true abundance and prosperity also encompass optimum health, mental clarity, emotional stability, harmonious relationships, peace, and spiritual well-being. True abundance is a way of thinking and living. It’s a state of mind that cannot be lost, taken, or bestowed on you. The key essence of true abundance is happiness.
It’s about being happy and content with who you are and no external event, situation, or person can take away from that happiness. Why is creating true abundance important? In this ever-changing world, living in true abundance can be a constant source of stability, strength, and inner peace. By releasing limiting beliefs and lack in your life, you can maintain the greatest flourishing and success with true abundance. How can you create true abundance in your life? The key to a life of happiness and abundance is to have the greatest love, forgiveness and compassion for yourself and others, and to be grateful for everyone and everything in your life. It’s also important to align your thoughts, speech, beliefs, behaviours, and activities for success. In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to receive special blessings that can remove blockages to help you pass through life’s challenges and experience greater abundance to live a happier, healthier life. When you look at true abundance and prosperity with new meaning and discover it inside yourself, there’s no limitation to the extraordinary life that you can experience!
SOUL MIND BODY WELLNESS
empowering you to be happier and healthier! CREATE ABUNDANCE AND PROSPERITY IN YOUR LIFE Introductory evening: Friday, May 19, 7–9:30 pm • Love offering Weekend workshop:
Saturday–Sunday, May 20–21, 10 am–6 pm • $200
Unlimited love, abundance, happiness, and prosperity are available to each of us. In essence, we are filled with great potential that is waiting to be manifest. True abundance and prosperity is a state of soul, heart, and mind. It's way of thinking and living. More than financial wealth and physical comforts, true abundance also encompasses optimum health, mental clarity, emotional stability, harmonious relationships, and spiritual well-being. In this ever-changing world, living in true abundance can be a constant source of stability, strength, and inner peace. In this experiential workshop, you will learn: • Soul wisdom and the spiritual principles behind true abundance • How to cultivate love, forgiveness, and compassion for yourself and others • How to apply ancient wisdom and practical techniques including chanting, guided meditation, yoga, dance, and movement practices for greater health and well-being There’s no limitation to the extraordinary life that you can experience!
Master Lynda Chaplin
Master Teacher Certified by Master Sha's Tao Academy™
OPTIONAL WEEKEND GETAWAY OFFER! Treat yourself to a luxurious weekend of abundance at Belle de Nuit Wakefield Inn and get 20% off your stay.
Belle de Nuit Wakefield Inn, 21 Chemin Burnside, Wakefield, QC J0X 3G0 Information: Odile Barrette | 819 770 2191 | firstname.lastname@example.org | wakefieldinn.ca SPACE IS LIMITED | REGISTER EARLY: 1.844.720.0222
Edgar Cayce (Ottawa) Lifting the Fog
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CIWM, RRC, CRC
Search for God groups Success for the soul
Meditation, study and application in a small group format
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
(613) 731-4901 Daniel Roy
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
OPTIONAL WEEKEND GETAWAY OFFER!
Treat yourself to a luxurious weekend at Belle de Nuit Wakefield Inn and get 20% off your stay. (Offer valid for workshop participants only) Master Lynda Chaplin is a Certified Master Teacher of Dr. and Master Sha. Join Lynda on May 19-21 to learn the spiritual principles and practices behind true abundance and prosperity—see ad on page 10 for more details. For more information, contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com
Experienced Yoga and Meditation teacher and practitioner Serving Ottawa-West
Private Groups and Public Sessions Inquire about Fall/Winter 2016 sessions Tara Vicckies, E-RYT www.tarametta.com email@example.com
was having a discussion with a client a few weeks ago about life goals, his present situation and various ways to get some forward momentum back into his life. For a variety of reasons, life got in the way and he found himself in a place that he clearly did not want to be in. He was struggling with several issues that had wandered back into his life, issues that he had sorted out a number of years ago. He was frustrated, upset at himself for letting all of this happen and anxious to get back into a happier place. I can certainly relate to this situation. As we continued to talk, it became clear to me that he was immobilized and needed some clear guidance. This is what I recommended that he do effective immediately. First, he needed to start feeding his body properly by making better food choices. Second, he needed to clean up his vision board that had become a reflection of his life, that is, cluttered and not functional. Thirdly, he needed to get back into a proper 7-8 hour sleep pattern. And finally, I instructed him to start doing exercise in the form of 3-5 km walks three or four times a week. By combining these simple elements together, I knew that things would start to change in his life. I knew this because these are the very same things that I have done over the years to get myself back on track when I found myself in a fog. By having a clear vision of your life goals, by giving your body a chance to get rest, proper nutrition and exercise, you are creating the conditions for a successful outcome. Get focused and the fog will start to lift as your actions carry that new momentum forward. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Retirement Coach, Certified Financial Planner as well as public speaker. He is the author of “The Essential Guide to Retirement Readiness”. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of winning the game of wealth creation. firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca ~ www.yourretirementcoach.ca
Who Are You Seeing? Reclaim Pleasure and Written by Alexis Nicol
Transform Your Life Tracy Montgomery CSB
hink about something that gives you physical pleasure in your body. Perhaps it is standing in the shower feeling the silky water cascading over your body, or wiggling your bare feet in soft, warm sand. What about your lover gently stroking your neck, or the warmth of a beloved child’s hand in yours? Maybe it’s that first sip of a hot milky coffee on a cold morning or biting into a ripe peach, the sweet nectar trickling down your throat. Perhaps you are thinking about the delicious relaxation of Savasana after yoga class or the hen you look at me, who are you seeing? Are soothing, confident hands of your massage therapist. you seeing me as a woman, white, Canadian, Find a memory of physical pleasure, and take a short, entitled, happy, proud, guilty, angry? Do you moment to imagine each minute detail, noticing all the see what I’m getting at? I am that and I am everyone; ways this experience brings you pleasure. Breathe it all black, white, yellow, red, green, tall, short, fat, thin, in. entitled, afraid, angry and the list is infinite as are each What happens as you focus on this experience? How of us. When we think of ourselves as separate we aren’t does it feel in your body right now? What sensations seeing our own beauty in the mirror of Nature. For or emotions do you notice as you focus here? How is every thought we have and experience about someone it for you to focus on physical pleasure? Is it pleasant, or something it is our own innermost Pure and Lovingunpleasant or neutral? Self trying to help us to see what we need to in order to If it wasn’t an altogether enjoyable experience for evolve to our highest potential. you, you are not alone. Pleasure is widely shamed in our Our thoughts, feelings and expressions vibrate culture, and it can be uncomfortable to choose pleasure energy that will either empower or disempower you. deliberately and consciously. We have been taught that It is your free choice to decide how you view the world seeking pleasure is greedy or selfish and that following around you. With loving thoughts we are vibrating on our physical desires is shameful or dishonourable, a more powerful level which increases the power of especially in conjunction with sex. all life, seen and unseen. Most of us don’t realize the And so we learn to stop asking. We begin to believe influence generated by our thoughts. We don’t see the that our wants, needs and desires are unimportant and ripple effect of how one act of kindness touches many that what is important is that we fit it and that we make and comes back to us with increasing value. sense to others. The next time you see something that creates some As we internalize these messages, we stop trusting sort of reaction, be it positive or negative, try to stop our inner voice and we suppress our desires. We label and listen with your heart. Is it a message of beauty ourselves inappropriate when we feel something we and love, a confirmation that you are on the right path? “shouldn’t” and we feel less worthy. We begin to limit Or, is it showing that a part of you is in pain and needs the amount of pleasure we allow ourselves to feel and your attention and love? You may receive a thought we shut down. When we say no to pleasure, we say no that allows you to see the situation in a new light. to ourselves. Life isn’t as much fun, we find it harder Slowing down and taking a moment to reflect gives us to connect with people, and we’re less creative, less the opportunity to receive the wisdom that IS. passionate, less interested in life. It is through our loving connection to each other that And yet, you were born a pleasure-seeker. You were we are able to see our own Divine Self within All. born wanting – nourishment, warmth, connection. You Alexis believes in a Wholistic approach to healing instinctively moved towards that which would help you mind, body and soul. She combines Reiki, Reflexol- thrive, and you had no shame in asking for it. Desire is ogy, Reconnective Healing®, the Reconnection® and A what moves you through life; it’s what gets you up in the morning, and invites you to expand. To deny your Course In Miracles in her practice. desire is to deny the very core of who you are. www.firstlighthealing.com 613-263-7925
Experiencing pleasure floods our systems with endorphins and oxytocin. It alters our blood chemistry, enhances our brain power, and makes us aware of things we were not aware of before. Pleasure heals. Choosing pleasure can remap the brain, restoring a sense of wellness, aliveness and safety in the body, and counteracting the chronic stress epidemic in our culture today. If we reclaim our pleasure, we can transform our lives. We can learn to trust our own inner voice. When we know what we want, we can yes to it. When we feel worthy, we can say no to what we don’t want. When we can trust our wanting, we can be open to new experiences and expand relationships with our lovers, our children, our coworkers, our mothers. Allowing more pleasure into our lives invites us to flourish- we can live a more fun, more sensual and more fulfilling life, engaging our creative, generative energy in the service of our life’s purpose. Starting right now, starting right where you are, you can live a more joyous embodied life by simply paying attention and attuning to pleasure. Practice feeling into your body, and noticing what feels good. Welcome and appreciate your desires, recognizing them as the potent, life-giving force that they are. Reclaim your pleasure and discover your most authentic, wise and fully alive self.
©2017 Tracy Montgomery is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal sexual dysfunction or the wounds of sexual abuse, and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. She works privately with individuals and couples, facilitates the Ottawa Snuggle Salon and offers interactive workshops on healthy sexuality. You can reach her by email: email@example.com or phone: 613-656-8232.
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
Sri Chinmoy Answers
Question: How can our modern technological society be taught to respect our planet Earth, and will man survive the impending ecological disasters? SRI CHINMOY: Mankind will survive everything precisely because God will not allow His perfection manifestation on earth to be a failure. But it is very difficult to impress upon others the necessity of respecting and preserving our Mother-Earth. If we try to play the role of enforcers, we will not be successful. Nobody wants to learn anything by outer force. Everybody has to be taught through inner illumination founded upon prayer and meditation and outer example. The development of technology is not bad in itself. But we have to see whether technology is utilised for the divine satisfaction of mankind or for man’s mutual selfdestruction. Our planet Earth, which God has chosen for His complete manifestation, will be inundated with light and delight when we all live in our purity-heartgarden and not in our impurity-mind-jungle. In this sense, each seeker has a special role to play in the protection of our small planet. It is the illumination of the individual mind and spirit that will precede the awakening of a new collective awareness. The change in individual attitudes will be the precursor of a change in institutional policies, and the result will be a greater respect and love for our planet Earth. Precisely because He is all Love and all Goodness, God will never allow mankind to destroy this beautiful world of His. He tells us to claim His world as our own, and to serve Him in this world by increasing the purity and divinity of our lives. We can all see that the world has made tremendous progress. God has successfully inspired the human mind and heart to aspire towards a more harmonious world. He is infusing the earth-consciousness with greater oneness-light to go beyond national boundaries and other divisions. We must remember that the Creator is always more powerful than His creation. The Creator can easily influence or change the negative and destructive forces in the world. So we must have faith in our Creator and trust that He will, without fail, do the needful for His creation. Visit www.srichinmoy.org for further writings by Sri Chinmoy
Liver in Traditional Chinese Medicine By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac
he Liver is the organ that is responsible for ensuring that energy, or Qi (pronounced “chee”), flows smoothly throughout the body – in all organs and in all directions. The function of the Liver of regulating Qi, is extremely important to both our physical and emotional health. So, what can cause a disruption in the free flow of Liver energy? Stress, anger, resentment and repressed frustrations in life will do it every time. These emotions, when experienced for a prolonged period of time, will cause the Liver Qi to stagnate. Diet and lifestyle, in particular the excessive consumption of spicy or greasy foods and the use of alcohol and nicotine, will contribute to or aggravate a Liver imbalance by generating heat in the body. When the Liver energy is stuck, physically, we experience a feeling of distension in the chest, which the body attempts to relieve by sighing. Often there is discomfort just below the ribcage along the path of the Liver meridian. Because of the close relationship of the Liver and Gallbladder, neck and shoulder tension are common along the path of the Gallbladder meridian. Because a branch of the Liver meridian ascends to the top of the head, vertex headaches are common.
Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Center
Steve (Eun Kyu) Ryu, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA) Specialized in...
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106
• Infertility • IVF Support For appointments call • Menopausal Syndrome 613-863-6906 • Women's Health www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu • Allergies • Pain Relief www.acupunctureottawa.com Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
Emotionally, we feel irritable and depressed or have pronounced mood swings when the Liver Qi is stuck. Menstrual irregularities almost always have a Liver imbalance element due to the Liver's function of storing Blood. Irregular periods, painful periods, breast tenderness and PMS are common symptoms. Acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, nausea and abdominal distention may be due to a Liver imbalance affecting the Stomach or Spleen. Tendon problems may be due to the Liver failing to properly nourish them. Many of my patients with carpal tunnel and plantar fasciitis have other Liver issues. Stiff neck and muscle cramps may be related to the Liver. Dry eyes, floaters, poor night vision or other eye issues may be related to the function of the Liver in Chinese medicine. The Liver, in Chinese medicine has a relationship with
Patience & Commitment to Heal
By Patty Chevalier Samm veryone wants to change something in their life; relationships, income, health, happiness. It can feel so daunting at first but once you truly commit to that change and push forward, it starts to feel so good. To truly find change, you need to connect deeply to your soul releasing past traumas - big and small - fears and emotions that are holding you in patterns you don’t need anymore. The beliefs connected to these patterns once protected you or served you in some way but as time moves on, these beliefs become outdated and no longer serve you. Finding the deep core reasons for them can take time and hard work but it does not have to be as hard as you may think. The hardest part is the commitment to allow yourself to look deep inside and let go of the past and the beliefs that no longer serve you.
wind. Clinical symptoms of Wind are tremors, tics, vertigo and in extreme cases, stroke. Stress reduction is crucial to keeping the Liver in balance. Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to relax the body and move the Liver Qi to maintain health.
Saint Germain Foundation Ottawa From the Highest Octaves of Life Our Beloved Saint Germain has brought the Original Ascended Master Teachings on the “Laws of Life”, as a free gift of Love for all mankind.
Someone may be sick and consciously wants to get well but, for the first time in years, it has brought their family together. Their sickness is actually serving them, in a way, to keep them connected and closer to their family so their subconscious mind won’t allow them to fully heal. These subconscious beliefs need to be transformed into ones that allow the person to be healthy while having the family connection that they so desire. Another person may feel like they truly do not deserve a healthy happy relationship or may not even know what that means because they never experienced a healthy relationship even as a child. Thus, their subconscious keeps them in a pattern that they know of betrayal, abuse or abandonment. Releasing the cellular memory and emotions of their past experiences can change their relationships into ones filled with unconditional love, trust and commitment and give them the confidence that this is what they truly deserve. When you are ready to transform a part of your life, commit to connect with your soul so you can find answers of what you need to release and change and how to do so. Have patience with yourself but work at it. You will thank yourself in the end. Patty Chevalier Samm is a Medical Intuitive, ThetaHealing Instructor & Spiritual Advisor. Patty will help you to identify the emotions, beliefs and thoughts related to any issue so that you can transform them and move forward in life. Patty offers healing sessions and workshops in Ottawa. Contact (819)230-6199 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit her website at www.keyahealth.com
We welcome all interested individuals who wish to know more of this Original Ascended Master Teaching. For further information please call us at 613-596-8180 or 834-8896.
Rising Star Healing Modality
The Evolutionary Method Mastery Program: A Three Month Program To Radically Shift The Way Your Body-Mind Functions “All disease begins in the gut.” - Hippocrates
he Rising Star Healing Modality is a Source to Source healing. Ann works through each of the chakras to uncover and release old, outdated energy patterns and pain. As this healing is done with Divine Guidance and partnership, it is a deep and often overwhelming healing. Clients report feeling immense emotional and often physical relief. Three sessions are recommended for deep and thorough healing of old life patterns, however, one healing can stand alone. As a highly adept intuitive, Ann is able to tell you what she sees in your energetic, physical and emotional systems, what gets released and what is now integrating. To book a Rising Star Healing session, please contact Ann Jarvis at: 613-2186899 or email@example.com For more information about Ann and the modalities that she offers, please visit her website at: www.thenourishedsoul.ca
This Personal, One on One Program Is Right For You If: • You’ve had persistent digestive issues (bloating, diarrhea, constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, unexplained or hard to get rid of belly fat, ADHD, chronic skin issues (eczema, acne, psoriasis), ear infections, Autoimmune Disorders) • You want to see what the body is capable of doing when you give it the proper tools, diet and nourishment • You want to help your body at the root of the dysfunction, rather than suppress your symptoms This program requires a 3 month commitment from you. It requires you to be open to finding out what emotional triggers you are still dealing with (by which your body has been compensating through illness or discomfort). It allows you to see exactly what your ideal diet looks like and what your body needs to be properly nourished. Specifically, during the 3 months you will learn and receive: • Exactly what foods are helping your belly and which foods are hurting your belly • A bio-individual diet and meal plan that allows you to shop and prepare amazing meals that will finally nourish your body and mind • Discover what your cravings mean and how to see them from a different perspective so you can heal them • A detoxification program to eliminate the burden of heavy metals and environmental toxicity • Learn about the importance of ancestral movement and find out what kinds of movement best suits your body type • How your past traumas and wounds may still be playing a role in your body and how to let them go
Pathwork Open Lecture Discussions
Saint Paul University, 233 Main St; follow the signs to the room
May 10 ~ 7 to 9 pm Suggested donation: $15; members & program participants free Contact Jean: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-829-1254 All welcome Lectures are available for free download at www.pathwork.org
After having had a chronic, digestive, autoimmune illness for nearly 20 years, I completely healed my “incurable” disease and am now living with incredible health, vitality and joy. I have found what works and what doesn’t; what the body and mind need to heal and what prevents that healing. This program is like a fire starter that, with your commitment, can completely change the way your body functions. In this program, we draw upon the wisdom of Evolutionary (ancestral) Diet, movement and socialization in order to get your body back to a state of vibrant health and wholeness.
Our work together incorporates nutritional and energetic strategies for the whole body-mind. Powerful energetic techniques can help to heal old traumas and wounds that are still hindering your physical and emotional freedom. Testimonial from Sandra S. ~ Ottawa, ON “Ann is exceptionally tuned in, and connects immediately at a soul-to-soul level. Her soul light is so bright that I experienced a delightful, joyful feeling of ‘coming home’ when I first spoke with her on the phone. Ann is one of those rare beings that emanates a clear and pure, joyful and life-affirming energy. A gifted healer, body intuitive, and seer, Ann somehow perfectly balances her encyclopedic knowledge of the body and its energy systems, food, nutrition, and supplements (and so much more!), with her deep ageless wisdom and intuitive knowing. The result is a very effective structure and process for guiding the healing journey. I signed up for Ann’s ‘Three Month Program to Radically Shift The Way Your Body-Mind Functions’. Every single session was memorable as Ann adeptly, skillfully, and heart-fully guided me on my journey back to wholeness and health once again. Thanks to Ann, I am healthy once again.” For more information about The Evolutionary Method Mastery Program, please contact Ann Jarvis at (613) 218-6899 or go to: http://www.thenourishedsoul.ca for more info
Living, Loving and Laughing at Unity....
re you ready for some great laughs while you are learning and Spiritually growing? The time has come and Unity Spiritual Centre Ottawa is the place to be. Award winning and renowned funny man, musician and spiritual teacher Greg Tamblyn will be coming to Ottawa and will entertain and inform us with his patented funny man routines while he sings and jokes his way through the day. The only thing to be wary of is his trademark warning: ‘Beware of Anti-Depressive Material’. In Greg’s words, “you'll find funny songs, inspirational songs, hilarious video clips, and short funny stories that help you see the best in yourself, and laugh at the rest of yourself. They're like WD-40 for your relationships, your moments of confusion, the things
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611
~ Sunday Celebration at 10:30 a.m. ~ We are spiritual but non-religious, welcoming all people. ~ Join us for Coffee, tea, treats and fellowship after service. Location: The Good Companions Centre (670 Albert St) For more information go to unityottawa.org or call us 613-700-6489 or email us email@example.com We are an inclusive, joy-filled community celebrating Oneness. All are Welcome! you want to accomplish in life, and your connection to the Big Mystery”. So you can see that this event is one to really connect with and will be more than memorable for many years to come. After all, how often do we get to laugh our way to inspired living? And since Greg will be delivering the service message in the morning and giving a concert in the PM, there is a double dose of inspiration and enjoyment available. You can check him out at his website www. GregTamblyn.com. There is loads of hilarious material on the website. You can see there how well-known and how funny he really is. Here is a sample of what you can expect: ““At Sunday School they were learning how God created everything, including human beings. Johnny was especially intent when the teacher told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam’s ribs. Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, “Johnny, what is the matter?” Johnny responded, “I have pain in my side. I think I’m going to have a wife.”” As you are considering joining us for this fun event on June 4th, please ensure you have the event marked on your calendar. And bring along your family and friends.
Love Story from Chapter Twelve: Igor and Catriona of New Planet, New World. gor asked her a surprising question, “When you were a child what was your bedroom like?” Catriona smiled as fond recollections arose in her mind. “I had the most marvelous bedroom. It was more of a music room than a bedroom, full of musical instruments.” She giggled and clapped her hands, “I had all these stuffed animals and would place them next to instruments and move them around. My father was such a goof. He would knock on the door and ask if he was to be Elephant, Tinker Bell or Bear and then come in and play their instruments.” Igor was rolling over with laughter. “My bedroom had a large bay window and my father would sit there with whatever stuffed animal I assigned to him. Often my mother would come in and conduct the entire ensemble.” Catriona’s face was lit up with the memories and she turned to him, “What about you Igor?” Igor pondered whether to reveal too much, then decided to do so. “My bedroom as a child was my sanctuary. My parents were often under police scrutiny for their beliefs. To compensate they created a very safe haven for me.” He slowly gathered himself, “I see the corner where books, paintings and wooden stools are piled up in disarray. My bed had two levels, one for me to sleep upon and the other for my stuffed animals to talk to before sleeping. It was a comfortable bed with large pillows and green checkered blankets. I had a telescope next to the window and I would fly in my mind to galaxies with my favorite animals.” Then he
paused, “Perhaps it was too much of a sanctuary, as I did not like to leave this house. I had to when my parents entered the Space Agency in Moscow. I did not want to leave my safe bedroom behind but my father was very smart. He cleared it out and painted it in colors I hated. I begged him and my mother to let me see it one last time.” There was a tremor of emotion in Igor’s voice and Catriona stayed very still. “On that last visit, mother pointed to the empty window where my telescope once focused on the sky. I felt the loss, stripped down in an empty space once resonant with discovery. I felt my mother’s gentle hands on my shoulder and still remember her saying, “There is nothing to hold you back, Igor. Your dream is still inside. Now step into freedom.” She smiled as I looked for the telescope. Nothing was there. My treasures were boxed and sent on to Moscow. This was their way to move me on from fear rather than cling to childhood safety. My mother held my hand and stared at where the telescope was not.” Catriona reached over and gently held Igor’s hand, “And here you now are Igor.” He raised her hand to his lips and gently kissed her fingers. New Planet New World is the final book of a trilogy – Chronicles of Awakening. It is available from Chapters in Canada and Amazon www.amazon.ca/New-Planet-World-Ian-Prattis/dp/1988058155/ ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr If you wish to purchase an autographed copy and receive for free Book 1: Redemption and Book 2 Trailing Sky go to http://ianprattis.com/NewPlanet.html
Hypnotherapy That Works
Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life.
GracePlace Wellness Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist will help you heal yourself naturally of:
• Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits VERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at
Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems.
Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
CALL Grace Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY ! Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
SPIRITPAINTING.COM New: Downloadable Products
10 individual sessions of FREE therapy With Colette Portelance’s Creative Non Directive Approach (ANDC) Only $50/non refundable for inscription Therapist in training Danielle Lemieux 613-501-4748
BOWEN THERAPI Bowen Therapy for Athletes
Runners, marathoners, iron wo/men, golfers, martial arts practitioners, soccer, volleyball and tennis players, and other athletes who aim to improve performance or get back in their game after incurring injuries, strains, and muscle soreness should consider Bowen Therapy, also known as Bowenwork. It’s a safe, gentle, natural, yet powerful hands-on therapy that stimulates the body to heal. Bowenwork directly affects the autonomic nervous system, which influences every aspect of the body, including the muscles, fascia, ligaments, respiration, even emotions—all elements of athletic performance. Lyn McCuaig stumbled upon Bowen Therapy 15 years ago when she was a martial arts student looking for whatever was out there that could resolve her plantar fasciitis and get her back in the dojo. Having tried sports medicine and various alternative therapies, she received Bowen Therapy. After only two sessions she was amazed that she was pain-free and able to return to martial arts. She went on to win a medal at a tournament. Years later, while working toward a black belt, Bowen Therapy helped Lyn resolve a rotator cuff injury and shin splints. Impressed by how quickly Bowen Therapy had resolved her sports injuries time and again, Lyn decided to study this modality and help others to experience the same benefits. She is now a Certified Bowenwork Practitioner practicing in Kanata.
An innovative therapy for chronic and acute pain management and general health maintenance. In 14 days of training over 6-9 months you can learn to help family and friends or become a certified Bowenwork® practitioner. Training program begins November 2017 For information and registration contact Janet Riley at 613 848-2083 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.bowentrainingacademy.com www.facebook.com/bowentrainingacademy www.twitter.com/janet_BTA
ISTS OF OTTAWA Testimonials Athletes who benefitted from Bowenwork had this to say. I suffered a painful running injury while I was training for a marathon. Almost immediately following the first Bowenwork session, I experienced a significant reduction in pain. The treatments helped me recover faster and get back to running pain-free much sooner than I anticipated. I could not believe that a treatment that feels so gentle could have such a powerful effect. There were also many side benefits of the treatments like an easier time during my period as well as anxiety relief, which I did not expect. The treatment itself is also incredibly relaxing and I always sleep very well after my Bowen session. SBG, 2016
Get Well with Bowen
Greatest discovery in health care
I was in constant pain with my calves and feet caused from the many miles I put on during my marathon training. Since having Bowen therapy I am now pain free and am now continuing my training for my next marathon. CG, 2016
Certified Advanced Bowen Practitioner
613-806-3602 www.healingdiagnosis.ca email@example.com
Bowen Betters You When I learned about Bowen, I was intrigued by the potential benefits. As a runner and athlete of various sports I am constantly fighting different ailments. Prior to back-to-back races in Chicago in July I had 3 treatments. I had a personal best in the 1st race and felt unbelievable. No calf or hamstring cramping, my breathing was relaxed and recovery was much quicker than usual. I truly believe I would not have run the PB without my treatments. Another Bowen bonus is how well you sleep after a treatment. KS, 2016 Spring is finally here! Seasoned athletes as well as beginners will be out there training for their personal bests. Unfortunately with the glory sometimes comes injury and pain. Seek timely, affordable help to address your sport injuries, and avoid the risk of sitting on the sidelines for the remainder of the season. Here’s to the thrill of your victories! SCIATICA I first heard about Bowenwork from a friend when plagued with sciatica. After several visits to a chiropractor with no progress, I called a Bowenwork practitioner. After four gentle, relaxing treatments not only my sciatica but other minor conditions have been relieved thanks to Bowenwork. It works.
Find a Practitioner There’s a Bowenwork practitioner near you! Refer to the practitioners’ business cards on this page or check the list of local practitioners at www.Facebook.com/BowenTherapyOttawaRegion
P is for Paraben
So what’s a body to do? Well, become a savvy consumer the same way you would shop for food. Read the labels and look for the ingredients you can’t understand. Then look them up! Purchase DIY ingredients and have some fun creating your own personalized bodycare (pssst…we can help!). Remember that the number of different products you use can multiply the effect of the ingredients, so if you choose to use your commercial shampoo, maybe switch to a natural oil to moisturize instead of that offthe-shelf stuff you’re used to. More details can be found at the following websites: http://davidsuzuki.org https://www.ewg.org
ast month, I talked about artificial scents and why they may be harmful. I’d like to explore more of the reasons why a healthy home means a healthy you. Have you heard of 1,4-dioxane? It could be in your shampoo and lotion right now. It is a suspected carcinogen. And it doesn’t break down easily, meaning it could remain in your environment long after initial use (It is on Health Canada’s prohibited list, but there is some debate, as the levels of 1,4 dioxane were too low in a product to be considered toxic). Did you know that parabens are used as preservatives and as fragrance. They are estrogen mimicers, and are suspected to have a relationship with breast cancer. They can be found in everything from bodycare to the food you eat. There are a growing number of chemicals which have been shown to be damaging to us-and to the environment (remember the micro beads I talked about a while ago? A danger to the aquatic life that thinks they are food. Fortunately, they should be banned completely by 2018).
©2017 Heather Garrod is a Certified Aromatherapist and owner of Planet Botanix at 301 Bank St in Centretown. She gives how-to workshops on making natural products for the body and has been creating natural bodycare for over eighteen years. The shop offers natural alternatives to commercial products and features a holistic therapy clinic.
TAO CALLIGRAPHY WELLNESS Shirley Cheung and Susan McNeely Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners
The ancient art of Chinese calligraphy distinguishes itself from other cultural arts because it emphasizes motion and is charged with dynamic life. Chinese calligraphy is widely practiced and honoured as a way to flow universal wisdom, receive qi, and enrich life through powerful positive messages. Tao Calligraphy is a unique style of calligraphy that combines the artistic beauty of Yi Bi Zi (fully cursive script, Oneness writing) with Tao light transmissions. Every Tao Calligraphy emits frequencies and vibrations that create a field of light that can remove blockages at all levels of the soul, heart, mind and body.
If you want to know if a pear is sweet, taste it. If you want to know if Tao Calligraphy is powerful, experience it!
Shirley and Susan are Certified Tao Calligraphy Practitioners trained by Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, sole lineage holder of Yi Bi Zi Calligraphy. They have the ability to write Tao Calligraphy healing phrases to promote healing for you, your loved ones, and pets. Tao Calligraphy writing have been used by many to cope with stress, depression, anxiety, and anger, as well as for relieving chronic pain, boosting energy, improving relationships, and more.
Tao Calligraphy Wellness firstname.lastname@example.org | 613 912 8072 | www.calligraphyhealing.com
Vesak Day 2017 at Ottawa City Hall Dear friends and gentle people,
Vesak in Ottawa Celebrations May 7, Ottawa City Hall, 12pm – 4pm.
Come out and support please.
he Vesak team, headed up by Visita Leelaratna, have over the past 5 years worked hard to bring together the Buddhist Communities in Ottawa to commemorate the birth, enlightenment and passing away of the Buddha. This is the 5th year for this celebration at Ottawa City Hall commencing with Mayor Jim Watson’s official proclamation for the Vesak day. As Buddhism spread from India 2500 years ago, it was adapted and celebrated in many different ways in diverse nations. Coming together in Ottawa, in harmony, is a reflection of Canada’s values of multiculturalism and pluralism. Vesak celebrates Canada’s pluralism where diverse cultures, religions and races live, work and thrive together – we learn how much we have in common. On May 7th ; a re-enactment of Sujata’s offering of sweetened milk-rice to the future Buddha, by Thai Dance Troupe of Ottawa, will be part of the Vesak Day Ceremony. Come and see for yourself. We invite you to experience a short guided meditation sessions, a mindfulness teaching (path leading to the overcoming of suffering) and Qi Gong with Bhante Kovida from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm on Vesak Day event at the City Hall. Bhante Kovida has been travelling and teaching the Dharma since 1991, as well as Hatha Yoga and Qi Gong exercises internationally. There is a terrific program this year – mark it on your calendar – Sunday May 7, 12 pm – 4pm, Jean Pigott Place in Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave West. www.VesakinOttawa.com With loving kindness, Ian Mayor Jim Watson, proclaims May, 2017 Vesak Month Mayor Jim Watson, of the City of Ottawa, proclaims May, 2017 Vesak Month in Ottawa, and call upon all citizens to share our traditions with one another, do more than merely celebrate our diversity; learn how much we have in common and to nurture respect, tolerance, understanding and harmony among our diverse people.
WHEREAS, Vesak Day is observed world-wide to celebrate the Buddha’s message of loving kindness, compassion, equality, peace, generosity, and devotion to humanity; and WHEREAS, Vesak celebrates Canada’s pluralism, where diverse cultures, religions and races live, work and thrive together; and WHEREAS, Ottawa respects and accepts all religions, faiths, and beliefs that make up our diverse communities; and WHEREAS, the theme of Vesak Month in Ottawa is “Come and See” test your doubt; THEREFORE, I, Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa, hereby proclaim May, 2017 Vesak Month in Ottawa, and call upon all citizens to share our traditions with one another, do more than merely celebrate our diversity; learn how much we have in common and to nurture respect, tolerance, understanding and harmony among our diverse people. Jim Watson Mayor / Maire
VESAK MONTH May 2017
Your Inner Self
First Love Yourself
Mariette can help!
WHEREAS, May is Vesak Month, during which Vesak Day, the full moon day in May, is observed to commemorate the birth, enlightenment and passing away of the Buddha; and
Hypnotherapist Reiki Master 613-315-7822
Unlock Your Potential! with
Sound Healing Frequencies
re you stuck in old patterns? Are you tired of trying to make yourself happy? In this time of awakening and shift in consciousness, everyone is feeling it, but how can you ride the wave with simplicity and joy? Welcome to the Newest Scalar Energy Technology in Quantum Sound Therapy! It can reach the most minuet parts of your brain to rewire the old programs and find your own unique power. Sound Therapy accelerates self love, new ideas, greater focus and clarity, peace, harmony and self discovery – all without the work and fear we struggle through when working with our conscious mind. How can Sound Therapy help you? Everyone and everything has a unique, measurable vibration. A voice code contains a blend of frequencies unique to you which may hold the key to progressive evolution! It has the power to free you from the bondage of your subconscious negative thoughts and self-sabotage. Your personal sound therapy track acts as a personal “tuning fork”. An individual’s voice pattern is their energy signature that is a better representation than their DNA. A voice sample is taken, analyzed and a graph representing the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual components is generated. A unique set of frequencies specifically designed to balance you is then generated. Listening to your personal frequencies harmonizes your energy and releases subconscious blocks that hold you back from living a life of love, joy and peace.
Golden Light Therapies
Lise Desjardins: 613-795-1469; email@example.com Pesi Shroff: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.zgoldenlight.com
In the current emotionally-charged environment as our personal and world events play out, the use of personal frequencies will allow you to remain unattached from the emotions associated with these dramas, allowing you to be an observer engaged in the learning process. In so doing, you will greatly assist in shifting the energy patterns and rapidly bring to fruition humanity’s move a step closer to the next level of consciousness – enroute to full consciousness. For this reason, the Golden Light Therapies, in alignment with the manufacturer’s mission to make this technology available to all, you get your 30-minute personal sound track for $30.
To book your appointment, contact: Lise Desjardins: Tel: (613) 795-1469 email@example.com or Pesi Shroff: firstname.lastname@example.org. By Reiki Mater Pesi Shroff & Reiki II Lise Desjardins
The Ottawa-Area Christian Meditation Coordinating Committee
My Memories of John Main with Polly Schofied
Polly will share her memories of John Main, the founder of the Christian Meditation movement. Her family resided in the Priory in Montreal When: Saturday May 6, 2017 ~ Time: 9:00 AM, registration & fellowship Talk: 9:30 AM talk by Polly, and then a short break and meditation session will follow. The half day event will end around noon. Where: St. Patricks Basilica - Downstairs in the Scavi At 220 Kent Street between Nepean & Gloucester Streets in downtown Ottawa (enter by Nepean or Gloucester side lower doors). All are welcome to attend. If you have any questions please contact Barbara Chouinard at 613-233-6047 John Main took up meditation and incorporated the discipline of silence, stillness and simplicity as part of his Christian faith and daily prayer.
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Follow us on Facebook or contact email@example.com SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers explorations monthly as: Talks/Workshops on FIRST THURSDAY evenings 7-9pm at the OTTAWA CITIZEN, Baxter Rd.) To attend, please see details. 3 WAYS: 1. Be on our SFC exclusive email list. For new spiritual and wellness seekers/learners, send email address request to firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean-Louis). Email removal on request. 2. See our web www.spiritualfrontiers.ca 3. Facebook.com/SpiritualFrontiers TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION ®. Transcendental Meditation (TM) — Jerry Seinfeld says, “TM is like having your cell phone battery fully charged. You’re ready to take on the world.” Visit us at ca.tm.org. A completely effortless meditation technique revived by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from the ancient Vedic tradition of knowledge. Transcendental Meditation is taught by highly trained instructors in a standardized 7-step course, with ongoing follow up. Transcendental Meditation allows your mind to settle inward beyond thought to the most silent and peaceful level of consciousness, your innermost self. It is deeply restful and is backed by hundreds of published studies. See also www.tm.org. Ottawa center: 613-565-2030; email: Ottawa@tm.org. OTTAWA WEST HOLISTIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Through our monthly Talks, Panels and Presentations we educate, and empower professionals. This venue allows members to share information, brainstorm and form strategic alliances. For more information contact Lise at 613 795 1469, or email@example.com. Visit www.holisticchamberofcommerce.com/ on-ottawa-west. Join now for $35 discount. FRIENDS OF JUNG OTTAWA: present / appreciate / share ideas of C.G. Jung. Monthly, 2nd Saturday, 2 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see https://friendsjungottawa.wordpress.com
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492.
TRACY MONTGOMERY is a somatic sex educator who offers erotic learning to those who want to expand their capacity for pleasure, love and joy, heal the wounds of sexual abuse and explore the intersection of sex and spirit. www. tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: email@example.com or 613-841-1458. MSIA Canada (www.msia.ca); MSIA (www.msia.org)
(1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org facebook.com/patriciavlacroix SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
• Alexander Technique
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE: naturopathic doctor, healing groups, weekly meditation, nature programs, retreats, natural products, workshop and therapy spaces in beautiful nature 35 min NW of Ottawa. www.ecowellness.com, 613-839-1198
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.courseoasis.org
• Accounting AMBITION ACCOUNTING – Bilingual Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA) with over 14 years of experience, providing bookkeeping, cash management, financial reporting and advice, budgeting and forecasting as well as strategic planning. Contact Jonathan at (613) 620-9965. www.AmbitionAccounting.ca IF YOU HATE NUMBERS … You’ll love Captain Number Cruncher. Providing solutions in accounting, taxation, and bookkeeping services. www.numetrica.city 613 2667013. 2435 Holly Lane, Ottawa, K1S 7P2
• Acupuncture CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University
THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Allergy Testing THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 email@example.com; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers Angel Readings, EFT and Reiki. For guidance and help releasing negative emotions and patterns, contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com
• Allergy Testing CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Consistent, accurate, clinical results; food, supplements.
• Archetypal Energies USING ENERGIES BEHIND 2 DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS...runes and much more...for growth & development. Group & individual sessions. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Bed & Breakfast
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca EVERY THURSDAY EVENING from 6 to 9 pm @ Planet Botanix, Helene Arts MA is available for astrological consultations. Please book in advance at email@example.com ASTROADVICE.CA – Enjoy Free Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Astrology Horoscopes. Order Your Personalized Reading and Get Your Questions Answered. Visit AstroAdvice.ca CAROL KERWIN, Astrologer providing Natal Chart Readings. Understand the cycles of your life so you can work consciously with them. 613-220-3314, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aura Photography
Full body & chakra AURA PHOTOGRAPHY & Energy Clearing. Call: 613-699-7238 or click www.ReikiWithSusan.ca
SV AYURVEDA CONSULTATIONS & VIBRATIONAL THERAPY: NURTURE PHYSICAL & SUBTLE BODY. Digestion, Ph bal, stress, ascenscion symptoms, sleep. 613-415-1139 marieamram. email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression,
RENOVATED CHURCH with attached Spa: Use of Hot tubs, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas included in B&B price. Massage/ Reiki available. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.com
• Birth Doula BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
• BodyTalk KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com TRANQUIL SWAN Holistic Health Services. Kim Swan Reiki Master, Certified BodyTalk practitioner - offers a variety of alternative therapies and classes. Visit www.tranquilswan.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-240-9716 JAYA HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; jaya@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWEN THERAPY OTTAWA, Westboro. Certified, Advanced practitioner. Pain relief, and more. Gentle touch powerful healing, Bette@BowentherapyOttawa.ca www.Bowentherapyottawa.ca 613-722-4249. Insurance receipts available. THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com NEXT GENERATION PRECISION PROCEDURES for chronic pain, concussion & TBI, sports & accident injuries, TMJ, Carpal
Tunnel Syndrome, plantar fasciitis, skeletal alignment, bedwetting and more. Carling and Woodroffe. Madeline McBride, advanced practitioner. 613.798.7628 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: email@example.com or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Chakra/Aura Balancing THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Chinese Medicine FOR A MORE YOUTHFUL AND BEAUTIFUL YOU. Using acupuncture and the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, this relaxing and comfortable treatment lifts and tones facial muscles, reduces sagging, puffy skin, reduces wrinkles and lines, under eye circles, broken capillaries, gives and natural healthy glow by keeping the body healthy from the inside out. Also experience better overall health, improved energy, calmer mood and a feeling of well-being. Kecia Lee R.Ac 613-282-6217
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800. Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org DECLUTTER. Revitalize your living space by revamping it to bring more energy into it? Reduce, Recycle, Re energize your clutter, your new open living space will give you that positive and refreshing energy that you require. What would it take to step towards that harmonious direction? 613 407 4498 janet_Livingston@Hotmail.com
DIRECTORY • Clinics KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512. PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636.
• Cold Laser Therapy CERTIFIED COLD LASER THERAPIST offering mobile services. $30.00 for 45 min session. Effective and safe for pain relief. treatment. www.ottawacoldlasertherapy.ca
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com By appointment only
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, firstname.lastname@example.org Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: email@example.com
ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com
NOT ACHIEVING WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE? Moira concentrates on awakening your true potential, inviting and supporting the changes for YOUR highest good. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613-236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling.com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120.
LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 CANADAS-COACH.COM Marguerite Tennier, M.A., Fearless Living and wellness coach, Specializes working with over 40 prof. Women Who want to have more energy, live deeper and Transform their life. 613-744-1538 ARE YOU A MIDLIFE WOMAN STRUGGLING WITH GRIEF? Let Anne DeButte, Author & Grief Coach guide you on your journey. Avoid common pitfalls that can keep you stuck. Learn new tools with Reconnect-from-Grief.com
LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY MA CCC, RP) Holistically integrated psychotherapy for individuals and couples by a registered psychotherapist – clinically supervised, receipts available. Downtown. Insurance/sliding scale. 613-2959987 www.annagreen.ca
GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 HEAL, CHANGE, GROW with a supportive listener.Safe and confidential talk therapy, combined with amethyst crystal BioMat, hands-on healing, and crystal singing bowl toning. For women, female youth,and children only. www. healCgrow.comCindy@healCgrow.com SIGNY FRIDRIKSSON COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY M.A. (Counselling and Spirituality). Feeling stuck? Improve relationships,clarify goals, manage stress, and increase well-being. I offer calm & nonjudgmental listening, empathy and respect in a safe,supportive environment. Couples, families and individuals. signyfridrikssoncounselling.ca 613-864-5222 firstname.lastname@example.org CECILIA TAIANA Ph.D (Psychology), Registered Psychotherapist (RN) Psychoanalyst (FIPA). Offering psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, experiencing a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, such as depression, anxiety, complex grief, emotional and functional adjustments, PTSD, and work related stress. Sliding scale. Insurance plans accepted. Day time and evening appointments. 613-746-9416.
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 DENISE GAULIN. Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. As a certified teaching assistant and study group leader offers monthly gatherings for students of CST and SER. By appt.: 613-738-9080 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY, Energy Healing , Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
DIRECTORY • Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful hand-picked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com
• Crystals ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | Online Crystal Store and Retail Location | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Certificate Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 613-470-1888 karen@ ascensionhealing.ca | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dental Hygiene PROFESSIONAL TEETH CLEANING - Holistic Hygiene Dental Services - Vanessa Gomez RDH, Downtown Ottawa 613-851-3486
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Detoxification IONCLEANSE FOOT BATH with support for the ongoing process of detoxing. $40.00 (incl HST) Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com 613.256.4886 ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739 CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
Psychotherapist. www.energywellspring.com. Anxiety, depression trauma, life transitions etc. Insurance receipts. Call 613-730-0411
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier offers unique EFT work to help you release anxiety, grief, anger, fear, sadness, PTSD, etc. email@example.com. 613 297 8293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified ANNA GREEN, MA CCC, RP — SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS Reiki, Cranial Sacral, Emotional Freedom Technique, SET, Bach Remedies, Meridians/Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime – Downtown. www.spiritwell.ca – 613-295-9987
• EFT & Energy Medicine
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation BURNHAM SYSTEMS FACIAL REJUVENATION is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Gayle Mickelson 613 422 5701
• Feng Shui CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of persistent patterns, blocks & trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease
• Hair Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Screen for toxic metals & nutritional deficiencies.
COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE, ENERGY PSYCHOLOGY, EFT and PSYCHOTHERAPY to release blocks and empower you to Live your Best Life. Individual and couple sessions. Catherine McLenaghan, Registered
RELEASE THE PHYSICAL, mental & emotional root blocks/stresses/traumas. Regenerate, accelerate physical healing, get guidance from your spirit guides and more… To experience a unique energy healing session with Monica please Email to contact@ monicadumont.com or call 613-864-4724 www.monicadumont.com
DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00 - 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
ENERGY HEALING, CranioSacral Therapy, Intuitive Readings. Michelle Perkovic CST. 613-806-1166
AVALON ENERGY HEALING offers empowering and therapeutic in-person and distance sessions using Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Therapeutic Touch, Pranic Healing. Workshops for IET Certification Training: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Levels. Contact Lori Ann (IET Master-Instructor) at www.avalonenergyhealing.com or 613-869-4859.
HAIR ANALYSIS AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING. Boost the potential of your mind, body and spiritual development through Hair Analysis and Nutritional Balancing. A total healing system that is a formula for anyone who is looking for improved health and wellness. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTORY • Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessivecompulsive behaviours, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www. graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recordingGrace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-4227027 Toll-free 1-888-390-3553 info@ graceplacewellness.com JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-4541429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com
MAHA MANSOUR, HOM, DSHM Registered homeopath in Ontario and also over 25 years as an internationally medically trained pediatrician. Homeopathic medicine is safe and effective in both acute and chronic diseases for adults and children. Maha runs a general family practice, with a special interest in ADHD and Pediatrics. Sunrise Wellness Centre, 2211 Riverside Drive Suite 104. Office: (613) 736-5200; Cell 613-402-7379
• Hotstone Healing BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnosis HYPNOSIS. Vivienne Filiatreault B.A. ( H.D.Ed.) Psych / counselling. Certified Consulting Hypnotist with N.G.H. and other International Boards. Over 33 years of experience in counselling. Try something different. For a free consult, call or text (613)301 – 1971 or contact email@example.com.
BAD HABITS HOLDING YOU BACK? Hypnosis allows the focus to be placed upon what YOU WANT. Together we make the changes happen in the right way for YOU! Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www. WellnessWithMoira.com ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www.ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks... Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - info@ kaivalya.ca - www.kaivalya.ca
• Hypnotherapy WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com
AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/ Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating
PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™, Reiki Master/Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Reconnections. Voted A-Channel Viewer’s Choice Ottawa’s Best Psychics. 613-591-6901 firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect with me on Facebook: facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Indian Head Massage THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available.
SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca
KELLY McGUIRE Certified Consulting Hypnotist. Hypnosis is a Natural, Gentle and Safe way to make Lasting Changes in your Personal and Professional life. Kelly McGuire is an experienced and trusted Hypnotist and Counsellor who will guide you to become who you wish to be... Free consultation available. www.mcguirehypnosis.com 613-402-4766
AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Readings
CONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF & INNER WISDOM: For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. Readings on-line, by phone and in person. Moira Hutchison 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions – insightful, profound clarity. firstname.lastname@example.org (819) 827-2579 www.sourcescall.com LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 INTUITIVE CHANNELER/MEDIUM ~ TRACY ROY channels her Spirit Guide, Whitehawk for psychic readings. www.intuitivetracyroy.com Visit her YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/troy1367
DIRECTORY INTUITIVE TAROT, angel oracle, fairy tarot and fairy oracle readings by email. Visit www.tarotpugs.com or www.etsy.com/shop/ tarotpugs for available reading offers. Email: email@example.com.
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756.
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. LymphDrainage-Massage-Shiatsu-Reflexology. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
MOBILE MASSAGE Have a professional massage in the comfort of your home or office. 20 years experience, reasonable rates. 819 962-8704 www. restorativemobilemassage.com
• Massage Therapy BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com FILOSOFI LASER AND MASSAGE CLINIC. Offering Low Intensity Laser Therapy, Massage, Phsyio, Reiki, BodyTalk, ArmaTouch, Cupping and Orthotics. Let us get you back to doing what you love to do! www.filosofi.ca 613-225-1127. OTTAWA SHIATSU. Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415. www.ottawashiatsu.com HERBAL MASSAGE Lætitia Béguin RMT, ND, herbologist. Pain, nervous system, skin disorder. 39 Dalhousie, Aylmer www.herbesspa.ca. (819) 332-4048
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www.VisionofSpirit.com Medical Intuitive, Medium, Energy Medicine Practitioner. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Teaches intuition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary or environmental factors. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com
ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-233-6047 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. SPARK OF LIGHT MEDITATION. Learn the life-changing practices of mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace of mind, wellbeing and spiritual awakening. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; jenbernius@gmail. com; sparkoflightmeditation.com BRIDGE THE MEDITATIVE PROCESS with daily living using tools & techniques.Nancy 613-596.0260 email@example.com MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Vanier WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts MEDITATION AND PRAYER Thursday evenings 5-7pm. 3015 Richmond Rd. 613-828-2836. CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Weekly mindfulness practice, discussion & tea.
• Metabolic Analysis CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Monitor your health with saliva & urine analysis.
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
DIRECTORY • Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 PAMELA HOLM, Music Therapist Accredited A sound, music, and energy-based approach to therapy and healing for all ages. www.DeepSoulSinging.com www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• Nature Programs CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Ridgewoods preschool; summer & PD day camps
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies, Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-656-9629, firstname.lastname@example.org CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Dr. Marcin Padlewski N.D. general practice; monthly patient groups with Dr. Katherine Willow N.D. Hair analysis, food & supplement testing, metabolic test.
• Nutrition LANARK HIGHLANDS GRASS FED beef, organic chicken, garden, 613-268-2772
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Organic Bedding CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Volunteer opportunities & share produce
• Organic Gardening CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life Regression TAKE A JOURNEY and heal energy blocks at a soul level. To book your session with Monica please Email to email@example.com or call 613-864-4724. www.monicadumont.com SUZANNE TELLIER, B.A. Psych, Psychic Intuitive, CHt, MHt, NGH certified, Certified Past Life, 5 Path & 7 Path self-hypnosis teacher, Certified Gestalt Counsellor. Empower yourself and find your answers within. Free consultation. Facilitation, readings and workshops. www. answers-within.ca WHAT WE BRING INTO AWARENESS, we bring into healing. To book a session, contact Cheryl Clark at 613-890-2178 or Aromacher67@gmail.com
• Pranic Healing FAYE HEALEY IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye treats clients for a broad range of physical, emotional and psychological ailments, which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, multiple sclerosis to Pranic facelifts and weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec, and holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Vanier every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook.com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Psychic Counsellor MARIE-SUZIE “The Heart Whisperer” The Holy Spirit guides me. Let’s talk, I listen. 613-591-1860.
• Psychic Medium PATRICIA V. LACROIX, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH. Akashic Records & Destiny Card Readings. Certified Angel Card Reader™. Reiki Master & Teacher. 12 Strand DNA Activation. Voted one of A-Channel Viewer’s Choice for Ottawa’s Best Psychic. 613-591-6901 email@example.com facebook.com/patriciavlacroix
• Qigong CHOW QIGONG. Classes held at McNabb Recreation Centre. Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00am. Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30pm. Complementary 1st class. Info: www.OttawaChowQigong.com
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com
• Reflexology VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY- The healing touch. Registered nurse, RAC certified reflexologist and Therapeutic Touch Practitioner providing services to clients of all ages since 1998. Home-based Reflexology practice in Orleans. Home, hospital, retirement as well nursing home visits provided on request. Valerie also provides Animal Reflexology maintaining animal wellness and healing. For more information contact Valerie Cronin, RN, SCM, BA (Hons), MA, CCRP at 613 852 6129 email: email@example.com BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology-Massage-Shiatsu-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com GREAT FOR STRESS, relaxation and general well-being. $40.00 Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, 613.897.9642 www.OttawaReflexologist.com LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004
QI-MATIC RESEARCH CENTRE; Workshops by Sifu James: Information Healing. Contact Angela at email@example.com or 613 762 8893
DIRECTORY REFLEXOLOGY BY RISHMA is a home based practice in Westboro. Sessions offered for 1 hour or 45 minutes. Receipts provided. By appointment only. House calls available. (613) 890-1062 www.reflexologybyrishma.com
health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
JUST BE REFLEXOLOGY. De-stress and detox the whole body gently with Foot Reflexology at Green Spirit in Manotick or Home Studio in Riverside South. Caroline Chapman 613 915 6778 nowjustbe.com
JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307.
• Reiki WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com
CATHERINE BASTEDO, HOLOGRAPHIC-USUI & KARUNA REIKI® MASTER, RT-CRA, ICRT. Personalized classes in English or French; Reiki Master/ Teacher Program; individual sessions. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Spiritual Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com 819-918-3436. firstname.lastname@example.org MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master & Teacher. USUI System of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Energy Medicine Practitioner, Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life/Akashic Information. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or firstname.lastname@example.org DEBRA DESJARDINS at Angel Wing Reiki. Kanata; Morgan’s Grant. Reiki sessions for all ages. Reiki for animals. Classes for levels 1 and 2 and children. www.angelwingreiki.com 613-435-2100 FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better
HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC, RP, SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Bodycentered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 JARDIN REIKI GARDEN. A universal energy of compassion. Jacinthe Potvin, Usui Master/ Teacher. For Reiki treatments given with all the love my heart contains please call: 819 319-1216 or email@example.com DONNA DILLMAN, Usui Reiki Master. 1 hour Circa 1894 Day Spa visit included in treatment price. Lanark. 613-259-9988. Circa1894.ca DARLENE PLOUFFE, Reiki & Numerology. 613-769-7313 www.timeforBeing.webs.com
• RELATIONSHIP READINGS Ask how to Host a Relationship Readings Party with firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate | EOV (Extra Ocular Vision) | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s School of Remembering & more… 613-470-1888 | email@example.com www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Complete CrystalShamanic Healing services for people, animals & land | 2-Yr Certificate Crystal Shamanic-Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient Arts | 613-470-1888 | karen@ ascensionhealing.cawww.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES for physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Chakra Balancing, Cord Cutting, Past Life Journeys, Animal Totem Journeys, and many more. Please contact SatDaya Williams www.HolisticOttawa.com 613-761-5982
CRYSTAL SPIRIT OWL Crystal Shamanic Pr~Reiki~IET®~Crystal Grids. email@example.com or 613-355-1832
• Shiatsu OTTAWA SHIATSU Massage & Bodywork for All Ages. New Edinburgh Square. 35 Beechwood Ave., 3rd Floor. 613-620-0415 www.ottawashiatsu.com
TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org
NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu-Massage-Reflexology-LymphDrainage. Receipts. By appointment. 613—798-8385. Free parking. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com Supervised or selfdirected retreats in beautiful countryside, yurt, cabin or tents.
NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Rolfing® Structural Integration MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 ROOMS FOR RENT. Shared bathroom. Utilities included. 3015 Richmond Rd., 613-828-2836
• Schools ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Yr CrystalShamanic Healing Program: evolved training in the ancient arts | 5-Day Crystal Healing
• Skin Care
• Somatic Sex Education SOMATIC SEX EDUCATION offers a new way of understanding our bodies, inviting the integration of body & spirit, the opening of expanded consciousness and allowing access to our most powerful source of creativity, healing and joy. www.tracymontgomery.ca | 613-656-8232
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
DIRECTORY • Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
HOT TUBS, Cold Tub, FAR Infra-red & Finnish Saunas & more. By the hour, ½ day or day. Massage/ Reiki/B&B attached. Lanark: 613-259-9988; Circa1894.ca
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly Non-denominational services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. at the Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill Ave. N. All welcome. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. email@example.com 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com email@example.com 613-820-8850
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PSYCHIC GUIDANCE WITH TARA MEGHAN. Angel/Tarot Card Readings $40. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tea Leaf Reader TEA LEAF & COFFEE GRIND reader. Crystal & obsidian balls. Object reading, Dowsing, Tarot, Zen & other cards. Helene Gibeault 613-7487419. email@example.com
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St. 613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation & pain relief; supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will work with animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-820-4303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Thermography Breast Imaging CARP RIDGE ECOWELLNESS CENTRE, ecowellness.com
• Theta Healing DO YOU WONDER IF THINGS ARE EVER GOING TO LIGHTEN UP... or if anyone can help? Experienced, compassionate, intuitive, adept at clearing the way. Several methods tailored to your situation and needs. 45-minute appointments; central, phone sessions. Lynda Anderson email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation DENISE GAULIN Advance-Level Certified Craniosacral therapist offers CST and VM sessions, also had a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appt.: 613-738-9080
• Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758. CLEAN & SIMPLE website design. Launch a brand new website for your business in 2-3 weeks. What if launching a professional website for your business was really easy? 613-220-3126 email@example.com
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.revev.ca MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com. SPIRITPAINTING® WORKSHOPS WITH JENNIFER “LIGHTWOLF” JONES in Ottawa. Learn Basic, Advanced, Practitioner and Instructor levels. Learn to “Unfold the Mystery”. No previous art training necessary. See www. spirtpainting.com for more information. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Yoga SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
WISHINGTREE YOGA — Simply Yoga. For beginner to experienced practitioner. 200h Traditional Hatha Yoga & 50h Yin Yoga Teacher Training.www.wishingtreeyoga.ca YOGA IN-HOME or AT-THE-WORKPLACE, RYT/insured. Individual or small group. Lessons and classes. Book your time. 613271-8583, www.dirghayoga.ca
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
Managing Times of Intense Energy? Sherry Harris. MSW, RSW,OM, psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher
would be very surprised if anyone out there is not aware of the intense energies being beamed upon us at this time to accelerate our level of consciousness. Even if you are one who does not talk or think about energy you can’t help but notice your life is different than it used to be. Nothing seems to be normal anymore. As a counsellor and energy facilitator I hear the same things over and over now from my clients and friends as well. Depression, anxiety, poor sleep, exhaustion, not feeling grounded, indigestion, poor memory, feeling lost, unfocused--- these are all common complaints. What I recommend to people is three fold. One, is energy work to balance body, mind and spirit while we go through this ascension process. For this I recommend clients receive sessions on my amazing TrinFinity8 energy balancing, restoration and rejuvenation system. In person or receiving remotely--the results speak for themselves. Please check out Kathy Forti and the TrinFinity8 on you tube. Her book Fractals of God is a fantastic read and outlines how she had a near death experience and came to create this advanced health system. I would love to give you a free demo on the system and let you experience it for yourself. I can also lend you her book to read if would like. Secondly, do your work to clear your emotional system of all the old fears, angers, resentments, guilt and shame. I know of no better way to do this than with the Inner Child Work created back in the late 80’s by John Bradshaw. I have used this personally for over 25 years after I first trained in it and have helped so many to free themselves of the childhood wounding we all experienced even if we had the best parents in the world. We came into our lives free, alive, spontaneous --filled with awe, love, and remembrance of who are truly arespirit embodied. It didn’t take long in body to forget all of this and become embroiled in using whatever means we could to get our needs met and to feel loved and valuable. I suggest 4 or 5 sessions with me to learn how to do this work as an ongoing method of healing your emotional body. Thirdly, take more time for yourself. Walk in nature, meditate, or just slow down and be quiet. More being and less doing. The results are almost instantaneous. You can’t heal your inner turmoil by reading about it-- you need to do it. Twice a day for a minimum of 15 minutes simply sit quietly and breathe. As the thoughts come in, just observe them and let them pass through. You’ll be so glad you did. Just breathe in and relax on the out breathe. Call me or email if I can be of help. I would love to demo the TrinFinity8 to you and get you started on your journey with your inner child.
Abundant Life Coach Psycho-Spiritual Counsellor Wedding Officiant firstname.lastname@example.org www.sherryharriscounselling.org 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available
Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, OM, psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, healer, teacher 613-236-8852 ~ email@example.com www.sherryharriscounselling.org
Dolphin Dentistry Oral Health is Now Essential for Total Health Call for a free consultation 613 234-5758 www.dolphindentistry.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Planet Botanix Wellness Clinic
Welcome to our healing space. Our holistic practitioners Julie Larochelle certified Usui Reiki Master and Tarot card reader (bilingual) are ready to assist your journey to wellness. Welcome spring with a fresh start and experience a rejuvenating Reiki session. Reiki Master/instructor and Tarot card reader/clairvoyant. I provide ½ hour or 1 hour sessions. Available Friday nights from 6 till 9, please feel free to contact the store or email jureiki@ hotmail.com for an appointment or walk-in. Tracey L. Crocker, M.S., R.Ac, R.TCMP (Acupuncturist and Herbalist) Trained in the art of classical Chinese medicine, Tracey applies her modality to address not only symptoms, but also the root cause of issues so that you can move on Spring Open House to a healthier you! Treatments are customized to your Sunday May 14th 11:00 – 4:30 individual patterns. Specialties include pain, women’s Join us for a day of self-rejuvenation! Enjoy a mini health, autoimmune, respiratory, digestive and mental session with one of our holistic practitioners ($20/20min health. Visit www.tlcacupunctureottawa.com for more cash only), Take Charge Tea tasting, healthy treats and info. more! Heather Garrod Owner of Planet Botanix and a Certified Aromatherapist, Heather has a passion for all things natural. The store is anchored by her own line of natural body care, and boasts over 100 varieties of therapeutic grade essential oils. Heather gives monthly aromatherapy workshops. Helene Arts Passionate in teaching and guiding individuals and groups in numerous aspects of esotericism and the paranormal, for the purpose of increasing understanding, building skills, and healing. Helene specializes in Astrology, Tarot, Runes and other methods of Divination, and she offers coaching and workshops in the occult sciences and mystical arts. Please visit witchhollow.ca for more details.
Maritie Lord Maritie Lord is at Planet Botanix Saturday from 10:30 to 5:30. She offers Reiki, Theta, Intuitive Readings and Tarot. She has been helping with the healing process for over 15 years. Her rate is $1 minute, so $60 for the hour. Check out her Facebook Page at https://web.facebook. com/energyhealingintuitivereading/# or email at email@example.com
Christina Hearns Christina, the owner of Namaste My Friends, is at Planet Botanix every Thursday from 10-6. She is an intuitive advisor and specializes in what she calls a GIB (Guided Insights & Balancing) process. Some of her tools are reiki, chakra reading and crystal healing. She is also a yoga instructor and teaches Chill Out yoga. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-9864648
Richard Merrill Haney, M.Ed. (Counselling), Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling, coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “holistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my hypnotherapy practice leads to the healing of emotional wounds. www.ottawacounselling.com
Enrique Astorga RMT BA - Massage Therapy, Energy healing and Tarot readings Healing and Restoration An intuitive facilitator, Enrique integrates a wide variety of techniques into his treatments in order to trigger the body’s subtle energies and selfhealing mechanisms into action. Each session is as unique as the person. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 116 pm
Can Gastric Band Hypnosis Cure Obesity?
ver 21.4% of Canadians are considered to be overweight or obese. Obesity is a risk factor for diabetics, people with heart disease and other serious medical conditions and costs the OHIP billions every year. Studies show that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men are on of diet, trying to lose weight, or watching what they eat. 25% of people who have attempted to lose weight have done so using at least 20 different diets, and 60% of all people on diets have regained the pounds they once lost. The number 1 reason cited by and About.com/Insight Express survey of 500 adults explained dieters fail when either they get tired of the diet routine, the diet doesn’t allow them their favorite food, or that the dietary plan was too restrictive to stick with. Once people lost their weight with quick fix diets they fall back in their old eating plan and stop the perceptional activities and it is widely known that the key to obtaining your ideal weight is to make changes in your diet that you can stick with for life. It is considered that the safe weekly rate of fat loss is between 1lb to 2ib’s per week. Following preliminary initial research in the United Kingdom with Hypnosis for weight reduction, and in particular a programmed which utilized the concept
Gastric Band Hypnosis, it was decided to survey the available quantitative data around this programmed (whilst awaiting the paper to be written following a clinical trial at Hull University) on a much wider scale, an international level, (that would also take into account possible cultural variations), and examine available scientific research into weight reduction and eating habits with a view to offering a better understanding and likely explanation as to why hypnotherapy for fat loss and in particular utilising the concept of Gastric Band Hypnosis may be such an effective solution to weight loss. Here is the link to the study by Sheila Granger: https://reveluketion.fitproconnect.com/ Image/research-report1.pdf The Gastric band hypnosis program is mainly done in four sections in which one-on-one interaction done with clients which has been planned to know how someone feel and thinks about the food, and helps the client to adopt new realistic eating habits that the client can easily add in their diet plan. We trained our clients to be satisfied in small amount of diet without feel them they are taking less diet as they were taken before. So, basically it’s not a diet plan, they are free to eat according to their desire. By using the concept of virtual gastric band clients been addressed the portion control from first session. With this concept client will always realize that he has gastric band issues that need to be controlled,
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
moreover this is a technique in which client responds the instinctual signals, and stop eating when they feel comfortable. Through this program clients have heterogeneous experiences in which some clients have conscious experience and some have unconscious experience about the eating habits. This program is not depend on the ‘Gastric band’ element being accepted by the clients, although it is process that develops the clients imagination, as the procedure of eating aspects, choices of food ,motivation, exercise and goal setting. At the end client realized that they lose 7lb weight in first week, and after that 1-2lbs per week. Luke Michael Howard PhD is a Clinical Hypnotist and owner of www.lukenosis.com Hypnosis in the West end of Toronto. He has been a Clinical Hypnotist for almost 2 decades. He solves problems that people believe are unsolvable. He fixes people who believe they’re unfixable. He’s worked for governments and he’s worked for armies. But he also works with those who have fallen through the cracks, those that have nowhere else to turn and feel they’re at their last resort. His mission is to prove that no one is beyond help. He has a particular set of skills. These skills make him a nightmare for your problems. He specializes in helping people quit smoking, lose weight, overcome anxiety, and alleviate pain. If you have a problem that you’ve been told is unfixable. And you’ve lost all hope, come find Luke. He can fix you.
Perfect Liberty in May
PL Precept #11 ~ Always be with God May, a time of sweet new fragrances in the air, new buds, and beds of colourful spring blooms. What a joyous month! They were nourished by the April Showers. As we are nourished by our faith and dedication to living a life in harmony with God/Nature. We've been receiving bags and boxes of items for the PL garage sale, June 17th from 8 a.m. till 2 pm expect this to be one of the best for "treasure hunters" and bargain pickers.... We are motivated to get stuff moving and out.. Mark your calendars. Our doors are open daily to wish you welcome and help you with challenges/opportunities you may be facing. That first step is some times the hardest, we are a phone call away.
PL Church, 1010 Hunt Club Rd • 613-225-1850 Rev Eugene – Sr. Minister Dymoon (Hokyoshi) email@example.com
Spiritual Practice and Religion by Rupa
piritual practice involves the soul and the Divine; this might cause confusion with religion. Actually, spiritual practice and religion are quite different. Spiritual practice respects an individual’s background and needs, instead of focusing on the collective consciousness. Religion emphasizes believing; spiritual practice emphasizes the need for curiosity. Religion requests to follow a procedure; spiritual practice requests the need to face reality in a practical way. Religion likes to have a lot of people; a spiritual practitioner needs to be detached from the general mass of people.
THE FOUNDATION FOR SHAMANIC STUDIES a non-profit public charitable and educational organization Is offering Michael Harner's
The Way of the Shaman
Shamanic Journeying, Power & Healing The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism
Toronto ~ June 3-4
Led by Glenn Campbell
Faculty Member, Foundation for Shamanic Studies During this experiential workshop, participants are introduced to Core Shamanism, the basic methods used by shamans to enter non-ordinary reality for problem solving and healing. Particular emphasis is on the classic shamanic journey, as well as on shamanic divination and healing. A practical, enjoyable workshop, even for beginners!
Wishingtree Yoga – Simply Yoga
Rupa (Ivy) Meditation Hatha Yoga Yin Yoga Kirtan
Both spiritual practice and religion ask for surrender. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca The ocean of knowledge is boundless. No matter how much knowledge one has, it is only a drop in the ocean. Anyone who has seen the ocean knows how poor their knowledge is and will surrender to the wise. Surrender to the living wise instead of worship the passing dead, as the same immortal spirit will appear in a new form again and again at a different time. Yoga is a spiritual practice and the science of Selfrealization, and like any other forms of science needs evidence to support; evidence which is from individual direct experience. As this is about the Self, no one can do the practice for others. Through personal practice and only through practice by oneself, can clear the doubt. Faith will come when we see the results of spiritual practice from previous generations and the sumptuous spiritual wealth that has been handed down to us. A sincere spiritual practitioner will follow the genuine teachings of pioneers, but will not imitate their activities. The new explorers’ experience will give us a clearer direction and at the same time create more treasure for the generations to come. Traditional Yoga can cultivate our body, mind and consciousness to understand and experience our inner spiritual nature, and let our Self resonate with the Divine for well-being and happiness. Welcome to attend Rupa’s (Ivy) meditation at Wishingtree Yoga. Rupa has been practicing Yoga since 1996 in China. Her Chinese background and training gives her a natural understanding of this ancient eastern wisdom. Her living, studying and teaching in Canada has provided her the opportunity to develop the practice in a modern western way. The experience will let you understand this amazing scientific knowledge and give you practical skills and techniques to use on and off the mat! Rupa also offers teacher training at Wishingtree Yoga. For more information, visit www.wishingtreeyoga.ca
For more information or to register, contact Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 655-6756 or www.shamanspiritpath.com
The Light of the World Channelled by Lisa Virtue
he light of the world shines in each of you. You have and hold that light from the moment you’re born through your dying day. It never leaves you, is never suppressed, never damaged. The light is your purity. Know this light in its many forms…through expression, thought, relations, interactions, etc. All is created, expressed and experienced as part of the light. For what is there beyond it? With an understanding that all is light, or pure consciousness energy if you will, it becomes clear how all is “meant to be”. All experience is part of the whole of that light. This concept is presented to remind you of the misperception that is prominent. What will it take to adjust the perspective to a more enjoyable feeling one? We in spirit recognize the deep challenge faced by those perceiving in this way. We who channel this have the ease of a different awareness, a shifted vantage point from yours. So how does this aspect of consciousness influence your aspect into a new understanding or perception? We do it a piece at a time, a moment here, a spark there. We weave it into your days and nights to encourage you to flow in the direction you seek. Can the experience of enlightenment, nirvana or ascension truly be attained? Yes it can. However your expectations of how that comes about may be in part what limits its occurrence. How does one let go of their myth of what being is, to embrace a radical departure in concept and practicum? Is it even necessary? We offer to you the idea that enjoyment of where you are and how you feel life runs is in itself an exalted expression. You have much more influence over your experience than you ever seem to allow yourselves. Take that control back and perceive it more as how to live your best expression here, and you will find more things change for you than you thought possible. There are many wonders yet to be explored in this expression of life in your galaxy. Some of you may find yourselves at the point of choosing to shift paradigms, embracing the completely alternate viewpoint on what it is to exist, and thus find your enlightenment. “Bravo for you,” is what may be expected as a comment. However, no expression of What Is is apart from any other. As was mentioned, there is only one thing, the light. So whether you choose to move into a different vantage point in perception that seems radical enough to call enlightenment, or whether you choose what you would see as smaller shifts in your
“regular life”, all have validity, worth, and merit. A part of the misconception is the sense of worthlessness of your experiences or the level of creation. None who perceive from a vantage point such as our own has a value more than you. None have experiences or insights any more worthwhile than yours. Are they “coloured” differently? Yes. There is a wider field of view here. We are choosing to see things from a very different perspective. Yet there is not a one here who is not feeling right along with you, who is not engaged in your creations, experiences and expressions. We are as involved as you, simply in a different way. We all love you. We see you as divine perfection expressing so uniquely in every single aspect. Every particle to every being. Every seed through every building. There is nothing outside of the light. All is part of consciousness. “Exquisite,” is our perception. “Amazing,” “Beautiful,” “Ingenious”. These are the ways we interpret. As one who feels separate, we encourage you to find the delights all around you. To value your joy more, your uniqueness more. There is only eternal consciousness. What you choose to make of this period of expression as your unique essence only adds to the whole. You are unlimited, infinite… choosing to make the most of this expression. While the expression ends its physical at some time, none of you is lost. Find solace in that if you wish. Find freedom in it if you are able. Let it delight and light up your soul if it can. Engage with these words in your unique way. We revel in the mastery of that. We honour you, intrepid ones. Explore. Be. Decide. Elevate. Whatever you choose, however you express, we are with you, we are a part of you, the whole. With infinite love, you are surrounded and supported in living your way, on your terms, whatever those may be. The Infinite Oneness.
Depression, The Muse and Soul Loss What do they have in common?
e are constantly saying, ‘I have so little energy today!, I am so tired. I must be coming down with something” or “ I am so energized today! I could go all day! I feel so good!” When we are depressed, we feel unhappy, unsatisfied and we have no drive or willpower. When we are high, we are happy and gratified with Life and we are driven and inspired. This energy is our soul life force and it affects our moods when it is down. I call it our Muse, that creative force within each one of us. The health, quality and quantity of this energy, determines our overall health. The mental, emotional and physical body will not function without the appropriate fuel. The fuel that fires our spirit is described in many ancient traditions as the Breath of Life, chi, Prana. Did you know that most disease begins with a lack of energy, vital life force and that this energy comes to us directly from our Soul? This energy moves through all life forms and can be described as the Essence, the Soul of life. When this spirit fire, our Soul energy is mismanaged and becomes low for a prolonged period of time, we develop symptoms of burn out, depression and eventually illness. Did you know that the Soul can and will detach from your physical body with traumatic life experiences or from neglect and this is the beginning of disease? Soul loss is directly related to ill health and can begin with burn out and depression. The Chakaura Structural balancing Therapy is a rare treatment that returns soul loss, allowing a person to reconnect and rekindle their soul force so they may heal and embrace health once again. The mismanagement of our Soul energy, is also the beginnings and base cause of all the mood afflictions. Many people believe these mood disorders are incurable and can only be managed with the numbing anti-depressant pills they are told to take. Anti-depressants are the quick fix, sometimes needed when things go to far, but definitely not a long term cure or acceptable way of life. Someone who suffers from depression and worse are simply suffering from an ongoing long term mismanagement of their life force, a disconnection of
their soul, which can be easily corrected with proper self knowledge, discipline and energy management. Stress is the driving force and Lord knows our society has plenty of this each moment of each day. The world outside of us is a direct reflection of what is going on within each of us. Simply put, it has to do with fuel\ energy consumption and management. Depression is not something you are stuck with for the rest of your life. It is not incurable. It is simply a mismanaged life style, that with proper education and daily practices, and proper nutrition can be rectified, balanced so that Perfect health can be present. To know more on this or anything else I share, I offer informative seminars on the subjects I write and teach about. Please contact me for more information or to book a consult if you suffer from depression and are looking for a healthy alternative.
Oshtalo Michèle C. St.Amour Author, Chakaura Practitioner, Initiate Teacher Chakaura-Structural-Balancing Educator Founder and director of Chakaura Institute of Soul
May 2017 issue of Tone Magazine Ottawa. The area's longest running health and wellness magazine since 1985.