June 2014, Vol. 29, #10 Priceless
A forum for the consciousness-raising community of Ontario & Western Quebec
Cosmic Pathways Healing Fair June 22, 10am to 5pm, Glebe Community Centre 175 Third Avenue in the Glebe www.cosmicpathways.com
Get your Life on Track!
Without Jumping off the Train a new book by Moira Hutchison
New book by Ian Prattis
Trailing Sky Six Feathers is like Indiana Jones meets the Buddha on a Celestine Journey to transform centuries of karma
Why Forrest Yoga is For You!
By Ana Forrest, creatrix of Forrest Yoga and author of the new book, “Fierce Medicine: Breakthrough Practices to Heal the Body and Ignite the Spirit” “Forrest Yoga is in essence all about the truth of what works. I developed Forrest Yoga as I was working through my own healing and helping solve my students’ problems. I created Forrest Yoga to fill in the gaps that the other yoga systems lacked. Part of my inspiration for Forrest Yoga truly, was the lack of assistance I had in my own process from the yoga systems that were already out there. Forrest Yoga provides the support and the tools to delve into life’s intricate challenges, and deal with physical, emotional and soul injuries. Forrest Yoga is absolutely for everyone. Forrest Yoga is not an ‘easy’ practice, but it’s for all ages and abilities and if you’re injured, it’s the perfect place to come and learn how to work with your injury or trauma and start to heal yourself. A beginner does beginner poses. An injured person is taught to modify the poses to heal the injury. An advanced person learns more advanced poses. We teach what is appropriate to the student. A basic Forrest Yoga class starts with setting the intent; then breathing exercises that cleanse brain, blood, and steady nervous system, followed by warm up poses including twists, forward bends and abdominals. After
THE ULTRA IMMUNE BOOSTER Bio-Electric Technology Is now in Westboro!
Relief from fibromyalgia, leukemia, multiple sclerosis, cancer, digestive problems, chemotherapy, organ failure, etc...
Good health or your money back! www.ultraimmunebooster.com
the warm up comes the hot part: sun exercises and B series with vignettes, handstands and forearm balances, leading toward the apex poses of the class. The carefully designed sequences warm you up for the more advanced poses, and then warm you down from them in an intelligent way. The last section of class down-regulates the nervous system in to savasana. We practice in 80-degree heat because sweating is part of the cleansing and healing properties of Forrest Yoga and embodies the sacred Sweat Lodge. Throughout the class, the teacher is cueing and encouraging deep, revitalizing breathing in every pose. What we are facing now is not the same thing as our ancestors. For example, we have a host of ailments and structural problems that our bodies are manifesting today due to our lifestyle. Because we sit for hours with terrible posture in front of computers and TV and on our furniture, it has a foul effect on our digestion and elimination processes. Every culture that I work with has really bad problems with assimilation and constipation. People are constipated everywhere I go. Do you understand that our own shit poisons us? Our people are plagued with painful low backs, necks, wrists, headaches and breathing problems. There is an epidemic of respiratory, immune system issues due to pollution that we all live with. Also epidemic are high stress levels and the diseases that stem from stress. Some more of the problems our people face are an inability to hold focus. We have hyper-stimulated brain patterns all the time, so our people are getting spacier. People’s ability to focus on what they are doing and what they are feeling is really fractured because they are profoundly disconnected from their body intelligence and breath. This mind/body disconnect means people have lost a crucial skill for moving through life in a wise
hatha yoga teacher training SUMMER INTENSIVE begins July 12, 8-day retreat with Laurie Howe and Joe Barnett
100+ Classes per Week, Master Classes & Trainings Free Parking, 30 Day Intro Pkg for 1st Timers $55 52 Armstrong St. near the Parkdale Market
way. Forrest Yoga is teaching our people how to gather intelligent information based on tracking the feelings in body. Through Forrest Yoga you get your physical health and strength and also a place in which to call and welcome your Spirit back home. Forrest Yoga teaches how to embody your Spirit. The separation of body and Spirit has created deep anguish for our people. Each Forrest Yoga pose becomes a fascinating arena to explore embodying your Spirit.”
613-761-9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
June 9-17, 2014 Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest in Ottawa PranaShanti Yoga Centre 52 Armstrong Street Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2V7 Canada (613) 761.9462, www.pranashanti.com
Ana Forrest has been changing people’s lives for nearly 40 years. An internationally recognized pioneer in yoga and emotional healing, Ana created Forrest Yoga while working through her own healing from her life’s trauma and experience. With thousands of licensed practitioners around the world, Forrest Yoga is renowned as an intensely physical, internally focused practice that emphasizes how to carry a transformative experience off the mat and into daily life. www.forrestyoga.com
xie ty self -esteem
s llnes we smokin frui
any cultures and persons extol the importance of a high intelligence quotient (IQ). Very little focus or attention is directed to the equally important quality of emotional quotient (EQ). A person who has a very high ability to access, “juggle”, and appropriately articulate the array of emotions that present themselves continuously is truly an “emotional genius”. This person has a very high EQ. “E-motions” are the GPS of our Psyche. They are the navigating compass that guides us in how to motivate ourselves and move forward. After much trial and error and with increasing wisdom, we learn how to interpret our emotions in order to direct our path towards our true Self. There are eight basic emotions. Four of them are the so-called “good” emotions and they are: love, joy, curiosity and surprise. The other four are the so-called “bad” emotions and they are: anger, fear, sadness and disgust. They are neither “positive” nor “negative”. They are all necessary for a balanced, whole life. Almost all of the other emotions are a blend of these basic building blocks. For example, melancholy is a mixture of joy and sadness. The Greek philosophers used the word “kairos” to describe the state of being well-connected to all of one’s emotions in a given moment. They used the word “khaos” to describe the state of being in complete and continuous harmony with all of one’s emotions, while artfully articulating and acting upon them. Khaos is another form of emotional genius. According to Greek mythology, Dionysus had three births: his first was to his earth mother, Semele; his second to his father, the god, Zeus; and his third to his maternal grandmother, Urea. Urea was the daughter of Gaia, the Earth Mother. This third birth was meant to depict that Dionysus was connected to the whole cosmos, as well as to the physical and mental realms. His emotional interactions were not merely limited to his daily thoughts, feelings and achievements. He had a “green consciousness” because he was “environmentally” connected to the whole Greek cosmic Psyche via his maternal ancestry. Our present political leaders are predominantly male and many of them are almost totally bereft of environmental sensitivity. Consequently, our environment is severely at risk. An emotional genius knows that the environment in which we live is crucial to our overall well-being and survival as a species. Thus, our leaders, both male and female, need to have a very high EQ, as well as a very high IQ. René Descartes famously said that we are a thinking animal. He was correct as far as he went. It is also
The Greening of Consciousness
COUNSELLING, COACHING & HYPNOTHERAPY CENTRE Richard M. Haney
Bank St. (in Centretown)
(613) 726-3636 Pinecrest Rd.
true that we can do what I call, “clearing thinking”. In my hypnotherapy practice, I teach people how to temporarily clear their minds of all thoughts in a safe surrounding. Basically, we turn off the sympathetic nervous system. We rely only on the “vagus” nervous system (the parasympathetic nervous system). In this totally open and fully alert state, thinking is totally unnecessary! A person in this state is completely open to suggestion and/or auto-suggestion. When the Dalai Lama was asked how Buddhists deal with “negativity”, his answer was that they have no concept of or word for “negativity”. In other words, negativity is a “thought form”, not a reality! When we clear our thoughts, there can be no negativity. No wonder the Dalai Lama and many other spiritually evolved emotional geniuses have a perpetual smile! This article was written in June of 2014 by: Richard M. Haney, M.Ed., Ph.D. (Counselling and Mediation) Richard has been practising Wholistic Counselling, Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Mediation for the past 25 years in Ottawa. Richard by phone: (613) 234-5678. By e-mail: email@example.com
LUCASNAULT ECO-URBAN ORGANIC HAIR STUDIO
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
Traditional Herbal Medicine
Immune System Support * Proprietary Herbal Formula Gluten Free cGMP Compliance Trusted Worldwide Since 1922 Made only in Canada Exported Worldwide
ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE + VEGAN OPTIONS
232 LAURIER AV. EAST 613.569.8611 WWW.LUCASNAULT.COM
NTING.COM 613-266-8063 kshops February Exhibition at Green Door eb 4/13 6:00-
NPN 80012920 NPN 80012914
Doctors Recommend Available at: Health Stores & Pharmacies
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEITS!
S G NG TIIN NT AIIN PA TP RIIT PIIR SP
W or k s h op s
w ww ww w..ssppiirriittppaaiinnttiinngg..ccoom m 661133--226666--88006633
ESSIAC® Canada International P.O. Box 23155, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K2A 4E2 Tel. : (613) 729-9111 · Fax : (613) 729-9555 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org * FULL TEXT COPYRIGHT © 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
AUTHORIZED USER OF ESSIAC TRADEMARK
June 2014 RES-6488 Tone 1/2 Page Vertical no bleed Essiac.indd Description:
1/2 TONE MAGAZINE AD
Docket: RES- 6988
2013-07-16 12:15 PM
Bringing Grief out of the Shadows…
Grief – Loss through Time Vonne Solís, Angel Therapy Practitioner®
s I write this article I am on vacation in the near tropics. While out sailing the other day with a small group of people, I became pensive looking at the wide expanse of brilliant blue and green ocean, the bright sunshine, the odd island spotting the horizon, the playfulness of two dolphins that made their quick bow to the boat and then dived below the surface. No one on board (not even my family) could possibly know the depth of loneliness I was feeling missing my daughter. Why? One couple on board had just returned from their son’s wedding. Another child is getting married soon and there was much talk about the parent’s hope for their last grown one to join the ranks of the married in due course. The assumption throughout this general chatter, while my husband and I sat quietly nearby and as conversation was eventually directed our way, was that we shared similar or the same hopes and experiences thus far in our family life (the couple noticing our own adult son with us). I didn’t and couldn’t respond. What could I say? That my dreams had been shattered after the loss of one of my two children and all their joyous talk of their own thriving off-spring was actually making me feel worse. I politely removed myself from the group and stretched on the bow of the boat, thinking about the struggles that always face the bereaved when others take for granted there has been no family tragedy. For the griever, there is and always will be that part of the heart, a fragment or larger reserved for the most poignant of our sorrow. On this sailboat, as I looked all around at the big blue sky, I prayed silently to feel my daughter’s presence with me. To hold me tight amidst all else that could not. I felt somewhat grateful that I have come far enough to be happy for other parents (on board and in general) that do not now and will not ever know the loss of a child. I felt even more grateful that long ago I found the knowledge and subsequently developed the discipline to quickly turn my thoughts away from ones that are negative and surely would consume me, to ones that feel more joyous and are of much greater value to my healing (which I did on that boat right then and there). But through this experience yet again (I’ve done this before), I recognized all too well that the place in the heart (and soul) reserved for the most poignant of pain is like the surfacing of a small
scream or ouch from a burn or a pinch or a stubbed toe or banged funny bone. While we don’t generally stay conscious of these hidden and vulnerable but potentially painful spots until they are hit, wow, does it ever hurt when they are! Grief is the same. While I no longer feel the need to yell out my loss to people unaware, I still at every appropriate opportunity seek to make people aware of the enormity of ongoing issues that affect the bereaved. For them not to take it for granted that every blessed experience they are going through and excited by can be shared equally by everyone around them. Divine Healing is available at Chapters. The Power of Change is available at amazon.com and in digital format through iBooks. For angel readings or information about angel therapy for grief, visit www.vonnesolis.com.
We form instant bonds with fellow seekers whenever it becomes possible to share our beliefs. Our worlds By Rev. Nicole Moronval become instantly transformed the moment we discover that there is someone in whom we can confide our n ancient times, one’s culture determined one’s innermost spiritual desires. religion. One followed the church, synagogue or So there is a very great need to follow our individual mosque within one’s own tight-knit community. There s p i r i t u a l was no question pathways back of leaving the towards a vision religion of birth of community in order to begin and a rebuilding anew in another. of trust, unity and Conversion was a sense of giving obtained through back. We need force. to know that we In the more are supported in recent past, our faith, and we a blurring of need to be able to cultures and a feel the strength closer contact of shared personal with other responsibility that communities only a community afforded greater freedom of choice, and, especially in can provide. Is it possible to forge a community of Western traditions, people could choose to become a spiritual believers where we are encouraged to follow Christian or a Buddhist or a Spiritualist, and followed our inner vision while being inspired by the growth of the precepts, rules and rituals of their adopted faith. others? Is it possible to create a meeting place where This greater freedom was somewhat liberating, but each member’s spiritual faith is believed, accepted and there was still a great sense that we were restricted, that nurtured? In an era where many of us “know” that we we were not free to question or to seek a different path are meant for bigger things, and where our intuition or a different interpretation to what was resonating assures us that Spirit’s dreams for us are bigger than within us. If our vision was not part of our religion, we could ever imagine, is it possible for a spiritual then it was wrong. community to exist that is big enough to hold everyone’s Nowadays, many people are choosing to reject biggest dreams and aspirations? Our answer is yes! religion altogether in favour of practicing an innerIf you have been searching for a spiritual community directed, personally inspired spirituality. The so-called that is free of dogmas and rules, that embraces people New Age movement is inclusive rather than exclusive, of all faiths and all traditions, that respects your inner and is characterized by an easy acceptance of each vision, celebrates your own awakening and embraces individual expression of spirituality. We accept each your unique skills and gifts, then Ottawa Spiritual other’s truth, but our path remains solitary, very private Pathways Centre is the place for you. Whether you and often lonely. Television programs such as The Spirit aspire to become a medium, a healer or an Interfaith Whisperer confirm that there are many, many followers Minister, we have classes that will enrich and inspire of the New Age movement, but these followers seem you. We provide guided meditations, inspired talks to be absent from our personal lives. We walk through and demonstrations of mediumship. Our guest life, living in a material world, never knowing that our lecturers speak about Law of Attraction, life after death, next-door neighbour or colleague at work is privately forgiveness, the miraculous healing potential within you, teaching tarot classes or practicing Therapeutic Touch or karma, dissolving the ego, Native American spirituality studying Enneagrams for self-development. We don’t and much, much more. We are a fast-growing spiritual tell anyone about our private beliefs either, because community that brings people together in a spirit of we are afraid that we will be laughed at, ridiculed and unconditional love, a place where people join together rejected. to celebrate life and friendship, a sanctuary that you We have forgotten that we may share a common can call home. Ottawa Spiritual Pathways Centre is the faith with others, and all too often when we do place where miracles are expected and gratitude is encounter another spiritual seeker on our pathway, experienced, time and time again. Whoever you are, our conversations run along the lines of, “I always and wherever you are along your own spiritual journey, wished I could find somebody I could share this with!” we welcome you into our community.
What Dreams May Never Come by Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) Healing with Divine heart to awaken the deep truth within.
e see dreams as associated with a future state of self into which we think we grow and make manifest. But dreams are not this. Dreams are ego selfexpectations disguised as noble expressions of the Higher Self, and confused with truth. Dreams are egodriven illusions and not Kristic (Christ consciousness). They lack integrity with the present moment, and they are not of Divine will. You may feel that this declaration denies the human capacity to stir promise into something real, and that without dreams there is only a stagnation and lack of vision. These are all mind control programs, for dreams are speculations of the mind. There is no substance of the Divine in this, only an assertion of the ego and stories of how life should be. Often, they are entwined with material possessions, financial gain, and accomplishment, or attached to outcomes. Therefore, when your dreams die, when the veil falls, or something interferes, it is devastating to the ego. This is a shock because the ego sees that it has not really been in control. “It wasn’t supposed to be this way”, says the ego. Fear ensues as the ego scrambles to regain control. So if you wish to manifest a ‘dream’, let it be clear from where the energy sources: let it be of Divine substance. Base it in eternal truth, from which there is ever-expanding expression. Let your Higher Self direct you into alignment. There comes a time in your ascension when activation of your monad (the seed atom) shifts you to leave behind the ego will: the movement to planetary service supersedes the individual’s assertions of must-haves and desires. It is to surrender to your higher purpose, and engage with Divine flow. Surrender cannot be in alignment with fear. You
How are you denying your truth? We can easily bring clarity & Divine healing to your 12-dimensional spiritual-energetic foundation to help you align with your Highest Self. Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. pain & dis-ease attachments emotional triggers traumas ancestry fears/phobias karma inorganic structures
Amâeil (Melinda Urban RIHR) energy psychotherapy, thetahealing, vocal healing holographic multidimensional ascension clearing in person or by phone 613-253-2888 www.MelindaUrban.com
lead with faith, and respond, engage, and act for group consciousness and the highest good of all concerned. This by no means implies becoming passive, without boundaries, or putting oneself last. On the contrary, to be fully surrendered to your highest purpose, you must have the inner core strength to hold anchor with your highest expressions at all times. This requires a firm sense of Self, a capacity to be consciously discerning, and a willingness to be flexible and compassionate with others while self-respecting. This is why many struggle with holding Kristic energies, for it means knowing one’s God-Self while acknowledging the God-Self in others. There is so little to consider of the future when you hold Christ consciousness as priority in life. Truly, only the ‘now’ moment of truth can serve as the foundation for expansion, one focused moment unfolding into the next: this is the intention. We are currently ascending into groups of massive awakening. It’s within our grasp to bring the embodiment of Christ consciousness into the masses. The DNA blueprint for this is already anchored into the planetary field, far surpassing what was held on Earth through Jesus in our previous history. The global anchoring of this may still seem to be far in our future, but the clarity within oneself to allow this and embody Christ Consciousness begins and ends in each ‘now’ for each individual.
Free Your Neck & Back... ...Drop that STRESS
Biodynamic Osteopathy • Relief of Physical pain • Increased Energy & Mental Clarity • Deep Relaxation For appointment and more information call
Joah Bates, D.O. (UK)
Over 25 years experience When you find yourself thinking of your future, you may indeed see your ascended Self as less fragmented and more whole and, more at peace in acceptance. Yet, do not mistake this for future either. For simultaneously, you are this in the past, present and future – the ‘now’. Let go of who you think you should be. Do not create separation within yourself through what might be of you later. Invite your whole Self into your consciousness of ‘now’. Krist Consciousness: own it, claim it, be it. This not a dream. No, your ego dreams may not come, but your truth is already within. Copyright 2014 www.MelindaUrban.com All Rights Reserved. www.MelindaUrban.com (blog, resources, case studies). Specializing in clearing stubborn patterns. Integrating holographic clearing of your multidimensional blueprint, energy psychotherapy, thetahealing®, and vocal healing. Appointments in person or by phone 613-253-2888. Subscribe to my FREE newsletter – timely articles, tools and inspiration.
Train for a Career as a Cerified
Nutritional Practitioner! Professional Co-op Placement
e are all called to overcome obstacles in life whether it’s related to our finances, relationships, work, conflict, or illness. There are many things that we wish for, but there are always challenges that we must overcome before we succeed. Instead of thinking negatively and giving up on your dreams, why not figure out how you can overcome these obstacles and make them part of your success story? After all, the toughest of obstacles only serve to strengthen us and make victory that much sweeter! Leaping Past Your Obstacles to Achieve Success Everyone would be rich, healthy, happy, and successful if it weren’t for those brick walls that spring up unexpectedly and discourage us, but the real success stories all start with some problem, failure or obstacle. The truth is, there will always be things that stand in our way. That’s precisely why we all have a choice: we can choose to believe we can overcome any obstacles, or we can choose to give up. It always starts with a choice.
Setting Attainable Goals to Overcome Obstacles You need to be able to set attainable, realistic goals so you can leap over the obstacles that are in your way on the path to success. Setting goals is a great way to move past obstacles because it gives you a time-line to help you get things done regardless of the barriers along your path. This will also help you make constant progress toward your goals through prioritization and organization. Setting goals is important to overcoming obstacles because it allows you to envision your future and create something concrete to work toward. Many people become apprehensive and nervous when they only see barriers and roadblocks standing in their way. These people see the obstacles but don’t see the goal at the end of their journey. Sadly, they give up before they get started. But this doesn’t have to be you!
For example, if you need a college degree to meet your ultimate goal, consider the application process as your first mini goal and move forward from there, one step at a time.
Using Affirmations and Positive Self-Talk to Break Down Mental Barriers Leaping past your obstacles is easier when you have a positive mindset. Affirmations and positive self-talk help you program your mind for success. For example, you may find it easier to move forward with your goals if you said, “I am capable of succeeding without feeling overwhelmed or unfulfilled.” By implementing affirmations you will create a positive inner dialogue so you can overcome any obstacle with confidence and purpose. Moira Hutchison CTACC CCHt Hypnotherapist, Life Coach & Energy Healer 613.432.1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com Have you ever noticed that when we feel stuck - we become the expert of everything that does NOT work... The truth is that in order for a problem to exist - the solution must also exist! To get started feeling *unstuck* hop on over to www.WellnessWithMoira. com and sign up for Step One of “The Get Unstuck Method” - it’s free!!
Creating Bite-Sized Goals Goals often help people see the obstacles they thought existed don’t exist at all, or they were just not as insurmountable as they first thought. After all, there’s no need to make a mountain of a molehill! On the other hand, if your obstacles are significant ones, you may find it beneficial to break these obstacles down into mini goals. When you set attainable, realistic goals you are breaking the obstacles into manageable bite-sized pieces that you can overcome one at a time.
Book Release Announcement
Get Your Life on Track! Without Jumping off the Train
Is a pivotal blueprint to personal growth, fulfilment and increased consciousness – you will return to the steps and wisdom contained herein over and over as you traverse your own life journey. Copies of this book are available for on-line purchase at: http://amzn.to/Qqbb4h
Holding the Perfection
Rev. Sherry Harris, MSW, RSW, Psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher, healer
hen we ask for healing we tend to come at it from a place of focusing on the unwellness. I might ask for my sore knee to feel better for example. I would focus my energy on the aching knee sending healing energy to the situation. I think we all know what we focus on expands. If I am focusing on unwellness, that is what I am perpetuating. That is definitely not what I want. I have learned the most powerful and effective method of healing is really not about healing at all, but rather about reminding the body of its innate perfection. When balanced the body is its own perfect healing machine. So how did we get out of balance and how may we return. First step is always seeing the body in its innate perfection. Second step is to assess where we got out of balance and how we may remove the imbalances thusly restoring the body to it’s natural capacity for wellness. Always see and visualize the body as whole, complete and perfect. Send the message to the body that you are grateful for its vibrant health and radiant well-being. Praise the body, love the body. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you. If the right knee hurts send loving gratitude to the healthy left knee. The right knee will naturally want to follow suit and receive the love and gratitude. Always focus on what is working, not what is not working. There is a wonderful Gregg Braden video of a healing team in a Chinese alternative hospital healing a large abdominal tumour in a woman by focusing on it and chanting already healed. In three minutes we watch the tumour completely shrink. I am not suggesting in any way not to get standard medical care, but augment your healing by seeing the body already healed. In this way you are holding the perfection that already exists and allowing all mind held imperfections to effortlessly fall away. Unless we support the woundedness it cannot stay. It is our belief system of disease, infirmity and aging that supports the unwellness. Put your energy toward health and life, not death and deterioration. In every moment, say “ I choose life. I choose vibrant health and radiant being.” In every moment remember: do I want my thoughts to support health or illness? Restoring balance may not happen overnight as we have been misdirecting our thoughts to our body for as long as we have been consciously thinking. We can with diligence and loving attention change our thoughts to support vibrant well-being for body, mind and spirit. Remember what we focus on expands. When you become aware you are having a negative, fearful, or distrusting thought, cancel it and replace it with a positive loving thought of gratitude. For example, when grumbling in the after work traffic on the way home, change your focus to gratitude for a job to leave, a home to come home to and a vehicle to bring you
Abundant Life Coach Spiritual Counsellor Psychotherapist email@example.com www. sherryharriscounselling.com 613-236-8852 Insurance Receipts Available there. See how much better you feel when you turn it around. Gratitude heals negative thinking better and faster than anything I know. Remember the three ascension attitudes are praise ( for God, for life, for consciousness, for starters), love and gratitude. If you are feeling negative, notice it, allow it with love then turn it around. Do not judge yourself for being negative-that is not productive. Just allow it with love and let it dissipate. Our minds are our biggest healing tools and our biggest impediments. Start monitoring your thoughts. Love, allow, accept what you notice, then reframe into positive healing energy. Your body, your mind and your spirit will thank you. By holding the perfection not only of your body/mind system but the world in general you send out a healing vibration that reaches all life everywhere and allows the planet and all sentient life upon her to return to the divine perfection of her origin. Hold the perfection, be the perfection, live the perfection and watch how quickly your life changes. You already are whole, complete and perfect. Remove the limitations and distortions imposed by mind and watch your self soar. Rev. Sherry Harris is a psycho-spiritual counsellor, coach, teacher and healer. If you are interested in counselling sessions or attending a group with Sherry please call 613-236-8852. I provide insurance receipts covered by most plans.
The Mystical Event is coming soon! September 13 & 14 Chateau Cartier
1170 chemin Aylmer, Gatineau. www.themysticalevent.com
Experience Soul Healing Miracles™ with
Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha
World-Renowned Master Healer, Soul Leader, Source Channel
and Master Lynda Chaplin
To chant is to heal, rejuvenate and transform all aspects of life By Master Lynda Chaplin
o chant is to serve. To chant is to heal, rejuvenate and transform all aspects of life. Chanting is one of the most ancient and powerful spiritual practices. To chant is to repeat special vibratory sounds, mantras, or Divine Soul Songs for healing, rejuvenation, purification, and transformation of every aspect of life, including the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical bodies.
Worldwide Representative of Master Zhi Gang Sha
Master Lynda Chaplin Divine Channel and Worldwide Representative
NEW! Soul Healing Miracles New York Times Bestselling Author!
Soul Healing is helping people around the world create their own Soul Healing Miracles. Many are experiencing relief from chronic pain, increased energy and stamina, improved mobility and more. See hundreds of personal soul healing miracles on YouTube.com/ZhiGangSha.
Soul Power Groups with Certified Divine Healing Hands™ Soul Healers Learn practical techniques to self-heal, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, and more. Receive Divine Healing Hands Blessings to heal and transform any aspect of your life.
Basics of chanting The one-sentence secret of chanting is: What you chant is what you become. Go into the divine condition. Give yourself fully to the mantra or Divine Soul Song. Become the mantra. For example, when you chant divine love, you become the presence of divine love on Mother Earth. There are two ways to chant: silently and aloud. Chanting silently vibrates the smaller cells and spaces in the body; it is yin chanting. Chanting aloud vibrates the bigger cells and spaces: it is yang chanting. Both ways are correct. You may choose to do one or the other
Tuesday, June 17, July 8 and 22, 7:00 – 9:00 pm Queenswood Villa, 370 Kennedy Lane East Susan: 613 276 7132 • firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday, June 4, 11, 18 and 25, 7:00 – 8:30 pm 2650 Southvale Crescent, Ring #99 Sara: 613 620 1966 (evenings) • email@example.com
Everyone can be a miracle soul healer. Learn how! Master Lynda • 647 654 7711 • Lynda.Chaplin@DrSha.com www.ottawakiosk.com/MasterLyndaChaplin.html Facebook.com/LovePeaceHarmonyOttawa
Monday, June 2, 9, 16 and 23, 7:00 – 9:00 pm Tanglewood Park Community Centre 30 Woodfield Drive Shirley: 613 292 2288 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Why and how chanting works For thousands of years, singing or chanting mantras has been one of the most powerful methods of spiritual development. Chanting can greatly benefit all aspects of life because it removes blockages on the level of soul, mind, and body. Soul blockages are bad karma. Mind blockages include negative mind-sets, attitudes, ego, attachments, and more. Body blockages include energy and matter blockages. To chant is to gather spiritual fathers and mothers and, especially, the Divine to help transform any issues. Chanting mantras works because they carry soul frequency and vibration with love, forgiveness, compassion, and light. Soul frequency and vibration can transform the frequency and vibration of all life.
or both. Always chant silently when lying down so as not to drain your qi (energy). Chanting complements other forms of worship Chanting is not limited to one tradition or belief system. In fact, almost all traditions chant though they may use a different term. Some recite a prayer over and over. Others sing a special song or hymn. To chant is to offer your love to humanity and all souls. Chanting by yourself is powerful, but chanting with others multiplies the benefits you receive. Master Sha’s Soul Healing Miracles™ Chanting Channel Master Sha’s Soul Healing Miracles™ Chanting Channel is Heaven’s Divine Temple through the Internet. Every time the channel is open on your computer, a Divine Field is created, and healing and transformation begins. Join the Chanting Channel at www.TV.DrSha.com. Pledge to chant for at least fifteen minutes every day. Chant with others from around the world and join a worldwide movement spreading love, peace and harmony.
Master Lynda is a Divine Channel, Disciple and Worldwide Representative of Dr. and Master Zhi Gang Sha, world-renowned miracle soul healer, soul leader, and Source Channel. Master Lynda offers Soul Healing Miracles Blessings for any condition, personal consultations, soul readings, and workshops in Ottawa. Contact Master Lynda at 647.654.7711 or Lynda.Chaplin@ DrSha.com
Dr Paul Greenacre DDS, FAACP. FAGD, FICOI
Laser Holistic Dentistry & Integrative Medicine
If you want to know if a pear is sweet, taste it. If you want to know if chanting works, experience it. If you experience instant results, you will believe chanting works. If you do not experience instant results, be patient. Continue to chant. Transformation is on the way.
www.medicaldentistry.ca Downtown and Alta Vista locations
So, You’re Having a Baby. Congratulations!
Tylenol once touted as being the only safe overthe-counter (OTC) to take for pain during pregnancy has fallen out of favour. Acetaminophen products (ie: Tylenol) break down into a toxic product called N-acetylp- benzoquinone imine (NAPQI). “Increased levels of NAPQI reduce the (child’s) ability to detoxify a host of toxic chemicals in the environment, increasing oxidative stress which leads to protein, lipid, and nucleic acid damage from free radicals. Epidemiological evidence also supports the association of increased acetaminophen usage with autism, asthma, and attention deficit with hyperactivity”, Great Plains Laboratory. A Swedish population-based cohort study that was conducted on all live birth revealed that babies whose mothers took Tylenol for even one week during pregnancy had increased cognitive and developmental problems. The greater the Tylenol intake, the higher the rate of brain and motor development problems. However, ibuprophen (trade name Advil or Motrin) causes no such toxicity in mom or child. Cuba enjoys the lowest rate of autism in the world despite vaccinating their babies. Tylenol, however, is neither sold nor prescribed for pregnant or lactating women and is likely a big factor in preventing Autism, asthma, ADD(HD) and allergy. If you develop a ‘wicked’ thirst, get tested for gestational diabetes. Increased sugars in urine pull out greater volumes of water from the body leading to increased thirst. Gestational diabetes needs to be properly managed. Diabetes stops at the birth of the baby. Maintain your current exercise pattern during your pregnancy. If too strenuous, consider switching to Yoga to maintain muscle tone and take daily walks. If you
ere are a few tips for mothers-to-be so that your baby will be as healthy as s/he can be. During pregnancy, be sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. If you do not like veggies, try juicing. Veggies juiced along with fruits will sweeten and mask their flavours. Adding low glycemic sweeteners as honey, maple syrup or agave plus a pinch of salt will turn juicing into something you look forward to. Champion juicers open lots of possibilities as you can get grain mills and other attachments You can put frozen fruits through and what comes out is a sugar-free, taste-popping sherbet that is beyond compare. You’ll want them throughout the hot summer months. Taking vitamins, especially folic acid (before and during your pregnancy is important). Getting outside in the sunshine for at least 20 minutes without sunscreen (unless you are really fair skinned or you are a redhead) will enable you to manufacture Vitamin D. Many Canadians are deficient in Vitamin D, Vitamin B6 and Zinc. Eat foods rich in antioxidants: Vitamin D, A, C, E, B6, B12 and K and incorporate them into your diet. Taking multi-strain probiotics cannot be emphasized enough. Studies show a reduction in childhood allergies when mothers took probiotics during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Infants’ intestines are populated with ‘bifidobacterium infantis’. They pick up beneficial bacteria when passing through the birth canal and while breastfeeding. ‘Infantis’ strain of probiotic is sold at health foods stores. ‘Align’, a new product that is purported to heal irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut and colitis, is 100% ’Lactobacillus Infantis’. When I want to re-establish good bowel health in adults, I begin probiotics in the order that they should have in Nature, starting with ‘infantis’. Pregnant women tend to eat foods higher in calcium and often get constipated. Chia, flax and other combinations of seeds taken daily will help keep bowels moving regularly, along with drinking at least 8 glasses (64 oz) of water and taking a good amount of probiotics.
have not exercised before, start with a very low impact program designed for pregnant women. Growth hormone is released when you sleep so your and baby’s sake give yourself plenty of opportunity to rest. During pregnancy dramatic changes take place: blood volume increases, metabolism increases, energy levels increase for hunting-gathering, hormone production changes, muscles change to allow for birthing and the immune system changes so that you do not reject the fetus. Most women experience a reduction in overall allergies. If however, you are nauseated and vomiting during pregnancy, NAET can help. Nausea may Everyone deserves a calm, peaceful, side-effect free life. indicate a sensitization to your hormones. NAET helps by increasing your tolerance of hormones. Grace Joubarne, Clinical Hypnotherapist If you know of someone will help you heal yourself naturally of: who cannot conceive, NAET treatments increase the likelihood • Anxiety • Depression • Fears • PTSD • Addictions of conception. NAET treatments • Obsessive Behaviour • Chronic Self-Doubt • Low Self-Esteen • Irritable Bowl Syndrome are given to both partners. We • Fatigue & Muscle Tension • Chronic Pain enjoy getting calls and cards from • Sexual Dysfunction • Migraines • Unwanted Habits those who have conceived when their only other option was inVERIFIABLE CREDENTIALS at www.GracePlaceWellness.ca vitro fertilization. NAET enables Research shows Clinical Hypnotherapy to be safer and more effective than drugs and conception and pregnancy free talk therapy, with fewer sessions and more root-cause resolution of problems. from the continuous administration of hormones used in IVF. Do you answer YES to any of these questions?
Hypnotherapy That Works GracePlace Wellness
Judy and Gerry Spence are licensed acupuncturists and advanced NAET practitioners at the NAET Clinics Ottawa, Outaouais, Shawville. www.naetottawa.com 613-728-2579, 819-661-1061
Medications not working OR medication addiction, withdrawal & side-effects worsening? Long talk therapy and/or addictions counseling leading to nowhere? Pain and psychiatric medications creating addiction, withdrawal and health issues? Aren’t getting the help and resources you need to wean off health-damaging medications? Tired of fighting addictions with no end in sight and one struggle replaced by yet another?
Joubarne, CCHt, MAPHP TODAY !
Clinical Hypnotherapist with decades of experience in natural healing modalities. Privacy and confidentiality guaranteed, anonymity if requested.
Ottawa & Belleville Ontario • 1-888-390-3553 • info@GracePlaceWellness.ca
We are looking for a person part to full time to work with us. We design and maintain annual and perennnial flower gardens in central Ottawa. We love our work. Assets that are important to us. Love of gardening, good rapport with our clients, previous experience in gardening with an ability to identify annual and perennial flowers, flexibility. You can contact us by email at email@example.com
Karen Osborne Cosmic Pathways, www.cosmicpathways.ca
Tone Advertising Rates …
Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Road, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, Ontario, K2M 2Y1. C.P.M. agreement # 40011389. June 2014 issue. Published 11 months/year. Available free from selected locations or by mail at $25 per year. To the U.S. please send $35 US (first class only). Circulation 13,000. Layout & Design by Mike “Lemmy” Monner Office Manager - Julie Tierney 613-979-0664 Printing by Performance Printing - http://www.perfprint.ca/ Delivery by M&M Diffusion 819-243-0937
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas pertaining to the overall growth of consciousness.
Submissions … • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • (613) 435-TONE (8663) • 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1
The Deadline …
The Deadline for all submissions is around the 15th prior to the next issue.
Display ads… Card $59; 1/6 page $89; 1/4 page $129; 1/3 $179; 1/2 page $229; 2/3 page $299; full page $399. Extras: Colour 20%; back 40% and inside front cover 30%. Classifieds... $15 for the first 3 lines; $2 for every extra line Directory... $15/line/year Go to www.tone.ca for more info. We require payment prior to print and you can pay online.
The fine print …
Articles submitted to Tone Magazine may be adjusted for readability but major changes will be referred to the author or group responsible. Articles printed in this magazine do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editor’s Group. Tone Magazine does not endorse or recommend any particular treatment protocol for readers. Tone Magazine supports informed decision making, and articles are included to enlighten and motivate readers. Readers are encouraged to discuss health-related issues with their health care providers. Tone Magazine believes readers should determine the best treatment protocol based on health care providers’ recommendations and their own needs, assessments and desires. The Publisher and Editor’s Group disclaim any responsibility or liability for either content of articles or advertising, and do not guarantee, warrant or endorse products or services included in articles or advertising in this publication, nor do the Publisher and Editor’s Group warrant or endorse any claims made by the writers or advertisers for such products or services.
A healing journey to a calmer state of mind...
Shiatsu Thai Yoga Massage Ayurvedic Therapies Reiki Reflexology Lomi Lomi Sound Healing Tree Essences Couples Services Crystals Advanced Skin and Body Care Therapeutic Massage RMT Organic Skin, Body and Hair Care
BREAKTHROUGH IN ENERGY HEALING In Ottawa Area serving Ontario and Western Quebec: Holistic Wellness Coach, Aileen McKenna AILEEN’S OASIS 613-228-2272 • 613-795-3751 email@example.com www.aileensoasis.com • www.quantumtouch.com
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist Certified Small Group Facilitator Certified Eco-Village Design Consultant Certified Facilitator – Open Space Technology
45 Rideau at Sussex, 2nd floor Telephone: 613.241.7770 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
L’ Essence-Ciel Books
ring the Angels into your life
Music Tarot Crystals Stones Jewelry Talismans Incense
Come live the experience at L’Essence-Ciel where everything serves to restore harmony.
Always with the angels, Monique Briand transmits angelic teachings through workshops, conferences and private readings.
Connecting with your angels.Teachings on how to perceive and interact with them in a natural way to live more joy, peace and love on a daily basis.A wonderful and lasting experience.
Demystifies this esoteric medium and introduces you to its different uses and methods.Facilitates the understanding of oneself and others and brings concrete help to decision making.All you need to know to get you started with this excellent tool.
– $ 100
– $ 50
Brings awareness to the energies which surrond and affect us. Encourages the conscious choice of using Universal life force; a practice which transforms our lives in a healing way. Makes us responsable and capable of creating a better world. Initiations and teaching Level I,II and Master teacher. Information and schedule at 568-2643.
Herbs Magic Feng Shui
Information at L’Essence-Ciel:568-2643
Private Readings –
For those who are searching and ready to connect with their TrueSelf.Individualized teachings and answers to personal questions.Guidance concerning your path. By appointment at 568-2643.
Les essences vibratoires sont disponibles à L’Essence-Ciel
The Angels are present at 867, RUE JACQUES-CARTIER, GATINEAU (819) 568-ANGE (2643) OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK June 2014
OWNER ANGELIC PSYCHIC • MEDIUM
Separating Without Lawyers (This is an encore edition of my most popular column ever from October, 2010.) “Do we have to see lawyers?” This is the most common question I am asked at the end of mediation. After spending a number of hours working out the best possible settlement for themselves and their children, and after reviewing in detail the draft Separation Agreement I have prepared setting out their settlement, many couples feel they are ready to sign their Agreement on their own. They don’t want to incur the extra time and expense involved in taking the draft Agreement to separate lawyers for review. Some of the comments I hear include the following: “We know the Agreement like the back of our hands and we’re happy with it. Can we just sign it with you?” and “Why should we make more money for lawyers who have never heard of us and weren’t here during the mediation?” For many years, I used to insist that couples see separate lawyers at the end of mediation for what is called “independent legal advice.” I had been taught that this was the only way to ensure that clients knew what they were doing when they made their agreements in mediation. Over the years, however, so many couples have asked to sign their Agreement just with me that I began to look at this issue differently. I realized that many couples are able – with the help of an experienced mediator who is a lawyer by training – to reach fair agreements on their own. They may need information about the family law of Ontario, they may need help generating options to resolve each issue, and they probably need some assistance overcoming the inevitable obstacles in their path as they work towards settlement. But in the end many couples can do this. Of course, there will always be instances where one or both persons should have independent legal advice, and I am the first one to recognize this. In cases where there has been abuse, or where there is a serious power imbalance, or where someone is agreeing to something that is clearly not in his or her best interests, I don’t just recommend independent legal advice, I insist on it. For most couples, however, it is enough to thoroughly review the law of Ontario with them, to point out that what they are agreeing to differs from what the law says and, most important, to talk in mediation about their reasons for wanting to do things differently. Often I will say, “Mary, a lawyer for you might say this decision is unfair for you. Can you talk a bit about why you feel comfortable doing things this way?” or, “John, a lawyer for you might be concerned about this. Can you say
• 34 years’ experience as family lawyer-mediator • Mediation of Separation Agreements, Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements • Evening and weekend appointments available • Sliding fee scale • Free initial consultation Evita M. Roche 33 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, ON K2P 0H3 email: email@example.com
613.237.7335 a bit more about why you think this is fair for you?” Mediation is about a couple making their own decisions and, as long as those decisions are informed ones, I support them. In the end, here’s what it comes down to for me. Mediation is all about self-determination, about a couple’s right to decide on their own what is best for them and their family. The process is all about making the best choices. The decision whether to involve lawyers at the end of the process is another choice. Now, when couples ask, “Do we have to see lawyers?” I simply reply, “What would you like to do?” Like all decisions in mediation, this is their choice. Evita Roche was Canada’s first full-time lawyer-mediator. Since 1979, she has helped over 5,000 couples mediate the issues arising from their separation. In the 1990’s Evita was a Professor of family law and mediation at the University of Ottawa law school, where she received the first Excellence in Teaching Award. Her private practice is restricted to separation and divorce mediation, and she frequently delivers seminars on subjects related to family law.
TAKE BACK YOUR POWER
t is like the powers-to-be are trying to quietly take over our lives. With smart technology, cell towers, WiFi, apartment buildings roofs that look like porcupines with all their antennas more and more frequencies added every day. Canada and the rest of your world are being bombarded 24/7, 365 days a year. Your work places are making more people sick with all of this EMF Pollution. Because you can’t taste, touch or see it many people do not know what is happening to them. That sick feeling that does not go away when they are at work, but feel much better when they go out for a walk barefoot in the park. Time to think outside the box, or just get rid of the box all together. For more info, check out on Google “Death By Smart Meters”, these articles will open your mind to what is ruining our health and well being. Also check out a new DVD called Take Back Your Power, it is a real eye opener to what and how is quietly killing us one day at a time. Our children need protection against this invasive Wi-Fi pollution that is in all of our schools. Parents are giving their children cell phones at a very early age. Do you notice that a lot of people that you see every day on the street are always looking down, no eye contact as they walk along the street on they way to work or play, they are answering text messages on their smart phones that have to be answered before anything else that is going on in there world. People walking off curbs into the path of oncoming traffic, lost
in a brain fog. Turning us into a zombie nation, walking no talking. Now is the time to Take Back Your Power before it is to late. We have solutions that can help you protect you and your family from all this pollution. EMF Balancers for your home, work place, schools, cars, smart phones and laptops. Ask us about our new water treatment system for your home. All of our products are developed in Kemptville by Peter Webb. For more info check out our web site www.emfffeezone.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org P.S. The Energy Exchange Meeting every first Friday of every month at the Ottawa Citizen Bldg. Behind Ikea (By Donation) Meet some fascinating people who think outside the box.
Serenity Wellness Services
• Sound Healing Massage
• Tuning Fork Sound Balancing • Past Life Regression Therapy
• Auricular Acupuncture for stress relief
Julie Tierney Orthotechnician, Acudetox Specialist 613-254-8469
Hypnosis for Exercise
t is certainly hard to give the first step to do something new, especially something that will take you out of your own comfort zone. Sometimes the lack of selfconfidence combined with negative thoughts from the subconscious holds a person that is totally capable of exercising from actually doing it. It is not a matter of being lazy, it is a mind issue. Several people want to change, they want to give a step towards a better future, they want to exercise regularly and live better, however there is always something that prevents them from doing so. Their biggest enemy is their own mind. A very good solution that is often forgotten by most people is Hypnosis for exercise. Hypnosis for exercise has a lot of power! One single session of hypnotherapy is able to trigger several different good things in a person’s mind. Exercise Ottawa hypnosis is able to totally change a person’s mind and help this person feel better and take better care of their fitness. Thanks to Exercise Ottawa hypnosispeople will FEEL like exercising, they will need exercising in their lives. This will happen because once a person starts hypnosis sessions he or she will have a professional working on the subconscious, relaxing and giving it positive energies to actually move on and exercise. The techniques created were designed to program the whole mind to not only exercise but also to feel the need to do more exercise every
day. This technique is extremely useful not only for men but for women as well. Regardless of the age, hypnosis has proven itself to being a successful solution. The Exercise Ottawa hypnosis supports your cause. This incredible and infallible technique has been used for several years now. Once a person tries it he or she will never need anything else. Thousands of people were already able to improve their lives by exercising and keeping their body fit. This is also a very good technique for children, since it will not traumatize them during the whole process. Some people want magic to happen, and they never move from the couch, however if this very same person tries hypnosis he or she will certainly notice that it will be a solution. Hypnosis will relax the body and put the mind back into place. Thanks to hypnosis people feel the motivation from inside out, which is the best way to start changing. Hypnosis sessions are not long and provide the person comfort. The environment for these sessions is calm, clean and relaxing, which allows the patient better chances to improve themselves. The way hypnosis sessions for exercising were designed allow the patient to have results from day 1. The body will absorb the energy waves and will soon incorporate them. The sessions will also help your body feel the need to exercise. You will never have to suffer in order to exercise every day. Try hypnosis and improve your life painlessly regardless of your age, shape or even nationality.
You Can Lose Weight Without Painful Surgery Are you having trouble Losing Weight, Keeping it off & Killing Evil Cravings? Then Dr. Luke Michael Howard can help you even when nothing else has worked. With he's specialist brand of Gastric Band Weight Loss Hypnosis all the way from the UK. Dr. Luke, owner of the LUKEnosis, is a Hypnosis Weight Loss Specialist, has a Masters degree in Hypnotherapy as well as a Doctorate in Psychology. Dr. Luke has been studying Hypnosis for over 17 years now and has trained all over the world. After over a decade, Dr. Luke is still the youngest person certified by the American Board of Hypnotherapy. Dr. Luke has been featured in all forms of media such as Tone Magazine, CTV Morning Live, and CBC Radio. He has developed an advanced hypnotherapy technique that turns weak willed over eaters into empowered, slim & in control people in just 5 sessions. He says “This technique is so powerful we are achieving a 80% success rate. This is incredible when you think that Weight Watchers are only about 30% successful at best. This Powerful Non-surgical procedure has been well documented or FOX,CBS & ABC News as well as the Dr Oz Show.
Dr. Luke explains, “This powerful breakthrough technique combines the latest discoveries in hypnosis and the new science of personal achievement known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. This takes the power of hypnosis to a new level in helping people take back control of their lives.” Many local doctors are so impressed by the power of hypnosis that they are now referring many of their patients to Dr. Luke for his Accelerated Change Hypnoband Programme. Dr. Luke says, “I am currently building a Doctors Referral Network to keep local GP’s informed of my developments and to keep them informed of their patients’ progress. Many celebrities, professional business people, nurses and housewives have benefited from Lapband hypnosis, SO CAN YOU! The good news is that this incredible method of Losing Weight is available locally. The bad news there usually is a three to four week waiting list for an appointment but even the medical profession believes it’s worth waiting for
“I walked out 25lbs Lighter!” Kate had been over weight for the majority of her life- nearly 27 YEARS! She had tried every type of Weight Loss Gimmick, Diets, Supplements, Gym Memberships even Personal Trainers but nothing worked, until she met Dr. Luke. She recently sent him this follow up email: “I promised I would do a testimonial for you. Here it is: The hypnosis TOTALLY worked...not only have I lost 25lbs I have not eaten at timmies...I have had NO DESIRE TOO!!! It really has changed my life!” Check out more testimonials at: www.lukenosis.com you can contact Dr. Luke at 613-878-5874 to arrange an appointment.
When you no longer “love” each other
CREATE CLOSER LOVING RELATIONSHIPS
By Marlene and Bob Neufeld
ouples often come to us asking what to do. They may say something like, “we aren’t in love any more”. Our experience is that what people really mean when they say this, is that the pain in the relationship exceeds the potential they can see. When they first meet, couples often see a huge potential in each other. They have fantasies that this is the person who will finally meet all of their unmet needs, this person really sees and understands them, this person is the other part of them that they’ve been looking for. Of course, some of this is the chemicals of dopamine talking, that rush of hormones which makes everything the other person does look exciting and interesting. However, after a period of time, due to an inevitable rubbing up against each other’s “sore spots” many people start to feel that the pain in the relationship has gotten more than any possible potential. Not only are their fantasies proven wrong, but they are no longer willing to give the other person the benefit of the doubt. Stinginess takes over from generousity and expansive appreciation. We believe that to keep love alive you need to ensure that the pain is reduced. This can be done by revealing, listening generously to each other, understanding how conflict happens and learning to communicate in blamefree unarguable ways. [Note that we have expanded on these topics on our website, see www.marleneandbob. com/articles.htm. We can also become sensitively aware of each other’s “sore spots”, not to protect each other from them, but to become generous when we inadvertently rub against them. We can also keep love alive by ensuring that the potential is enhanced by generating appreciation, and taking risks and approaching our discomfort by moving towards our partners.
ROLFING® Miranda (Dayvis) Greenacre
Marlene & Bob Neufeld A Couple helping Couples learn life-changing relationship skills
Contact us NOW to find out if we can help YOU and qualify for a COMPLIMENTARY one-hour SESSION 613-594-9248
It is important to remember that love is a conscious choice not just a nebulous feeling of attraction fueled by dopamine. It is not something that happens to us and then disappears or lasts. When we first meet, we put our best self forward, give each other the benefit of the doubt, and usually are willing to do things that interest our partners, just to be with them. If we continued to act like that in our long term relationships, we might have fewer people who say they no longer “love” each other.
Marlene & Bob Neufeld practice bodycentered Coaching and Psychotherapy. They are a couple who help couples learn life-changing skills and create closer, more loving relationships with one another. To learn more, see www.marleneandbob. com or call 613-594-9248 to arrange a complimentary 1-hour introductory session.
Ottawa Spiritualist Temple Christian Spiritual Ministries Inc.
Olde Forge C.C., 2730 Carling Avenue
Insurance coverage available
Sunday Service at 1:30 pm Worship, Healing & Message Service
Rev. E. Stoddard
& Various Guest Mediums
for Information call 613-521-9711
Migraine and Acupuncture By Steve Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac.
he migraine headache is a neurological disorder, which can manifest as severe headaches, often on one side, and often with a pulsating quality. They may or may not be preceded by a visual aura which can look like a sparkling jagged obstruction to the vision or a blind spot. There may be nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, a tingling sensation in a limb, and other symptoms. From the perspective of Chinese medicine, headache differentiation is based on patterns of pathogenic factors and the location of headache. Chinese Medicine will analyze your body’s unique individual disharmonies and develop a prescription designed precisely to correct your specific imbalances for long-term success. Basically acupuncture approaches migraines by reducing vasodilatation, which is where the blood vessels from the brain widen due to the relaxation of the smooth muscles within the vessels wall; since there is now more room for blood your blood pressure drops. The reduction of the vasodilatation gives the brain more blood, which is what the brain needs. The Chinese believe rather than feeding the brain drugs to help with the pain due to the lack of blood, why not give the brain the blood it needs? Not only does it save you from putting chemicals into your body, but it helps solve the problem and gives the migraine patient the relief from the body’s own constriction of blood vessels. Chinese Medicine not only helps you relieve the symptoms associated with tension headache, migraine, cluster headache and sinus headache but also the causes or factors of the headaches. One of the main factors that cause migraine and headaches is stress. Since it is almost impossible to avoid stress in today’s world, treatment must be focused on helping you recover quickly form stress in order to avoid harmful migraine or headaches. Patients not only eliminate their migraine or headaches, but also find that other related symptoms such as stiff necks, anger, anxiety, mood swings, irritability, restlessness, fatigue and allergies are improved or disappear. Not only is acupuncture very effective in treating headaches and pain in general, but it reduces the recurrences of migraines and helps bring about the health and wellbeing of the body. Acupuncture is not simply about pain reduction, it is about health and prevention. In the treatment of migraines there is also the exploration of what triggers cause an individual to have a migraine. Avoiding these triggers, and improving the diet and lifestyle in general are some of the additional ways in which migraines can be avoided.
New Life Acupuncture &SteveOriental Medicine Center (Eun Kyu) Ryu
, R.TCMP, R.AC Pre-Med at McGill University (B.Sc.), Master Program of Acupuncture at Mercy College, NY (MPA)
• Infertility • IVF Support • Menopausal Syndrome • Women's Health • Allergies • Pain Relief
2211 Riverside Dr., Suite 106 For appointments call
Receipts for insurance coverage • Disposable needles • Gift certificates available Affiliated with Riverside Acupuncture and Wellness Centre and Ottawa Fertility Centre for Infertility Treatment
• Keeping regular sleeping patterns. • Avoiding physical or mental fatigue; alcohol (especially red wine); caffeine because it is a vasodilator. • Eliminating all foods that may trigger migraine from your diet, such as: dairy products, chocolate, spices, wheat and corn Steve Eun Kyu Ryu, R.TCMP, R.Ac is a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner at New Life Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Center in Ottawa. He is affiliated with Ottawa Fertility Centre and Riverside Acupuncture & Wellness Centre for infertility treatment. For further information or to make an appointment call 613-863-6906 or visit website www.freewebs.com/newlifeacu or www.acupunctureottawa.com
b realignment and toning of facial muscles into a stress-free, youthful pattern. b facial tension released and lines reduced b release of physical and emotional blockages that contract facial muscles and the body's organs and energy systems. b stimulation of nerve function throughout the whole body. b nourishment of the skin on the cellular level. b deep renewal of the entire body and spirit.
What If Everything About Your Body Was Just an Interesting Point of View?
hat an interesting relationship most of us have with our bodies! They accompany us everywhere and make everything we do on earth possible, yet we ignore and denigrate them at every turn and pay no attention to the messages they try in to send to us. Then when they do manage to create a pain or symptom that gets our attention, we conclude something is horribly wrong with our body and the symptom must be gotten rid of right away. We go from completely ignoring our bodies to being almost possessed by the wrongness of what’s occurring in our body’s desperate attempts to get our attention. How smart is that? Not very! What could change if we were to apply one of the many tools of Access Consciousness, which is: Everything is just an Interesting Point o View. What if everything that occurred with our bodies were just an interesting point of view? Would that create a different reality with our bodies, perhaps a more rewarding relationship with our bodies? Certainly, it would make it easier to change the things we do not like about what’s occurring with our bodies. Our bodies have awareness, consciousness, and intelligence just like we the beings do—they just don’t have minds that constantly overcome their knowing. Just as with animals, we assume we are more conscious than our bodies because they don’t speak and think, and we do. Is that assumption really correct? Or are our bodies like the elephants during the tsunami in Thailand who pulled up the stakes in the ground that had held them in place for 30 years because their awareness of the upcoming tsunami that would otherwise drown them was so much greater than the humans who went to the beach to pick up the free fish” In order to change anything, however undesirable, about your body, you have to first come out of judgment of it to a point where you can be merely interesting point of view about what your body has created at your request. Having your Access Bars™ run, by the way, releases gazillions of limitations you the being have imposed on your body with every session you gift and receive. It’s because of the considerations you the being have and impose on your body that anything goes wrong with your body. It’s the letting go of those considerations that make the body miracles occur in just one session of Access Bars™session. And that’s saying nothing of the way that people who start doing Access
Empowering People To Know That They Know
Tired of the stress & craziness of life around you? Would you like some new possibilities?
ENERGETIC FACELIFT CLASS Monday, June 16th • 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
CORRECTING VISION CLASS Monday, June 16th • 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Friday, June 13th & Wednesday, June 18th • 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
BODY PROCESS EVENINGS
Thursday Evenings June 5, 12, 19 & 26 • 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM For more info on, Private Sessions, Bars Sessions & Classes, Body Process Classes, Energetic Face Lift Classes/ Sessions & Access Core classes, Carol Sheehan Sheehan 613 249-8418, 613-617-4747 email@example.com www.AccessConsciousness.com ALL OF LIFE COMES TO US WITH EASE, JOY & GLORY
Consciousness™ seem to stop aging in their tracks, as long as they continue to use the tools and get their Access Bars™ run.“ What could you change about your body if every single judgement you have about any part of it were just an interesting point of view? What if the change you’ve been longing for in your body were as easy to create as a change in your point of view? Truth, would you be willing to have that? What would it take? For more information on Access Consciousness, THE BARS classes, Body Process Classes or Private Sessions contact: Carol Sheehan, Certified Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 249-8418 , 613 617-4747
Staff Sergeant to Stage Speaker in 90 Days By Carol Ring, www.carolring.ca/about-carol/
For Syd, finding this meaningful work meant turning his mess into a message. The Fast Track Speaker’s School helped him get his business off the ground, not only in terms of finding his passion, but by also providing marketing, sales and presentation skills support. Today Syd’s clients include various police services such as the Ottawa Police, York Regional Police and Fredericton Regional Police. He also serves the Canadian Police College, Customs and Excise Canada, and the Conference Board of Canada. Syd is a tireless champion for the changes required in the emergency and enforcement industry when it comes to providing support for members suffering of PTSD.
hen Staff Sergeant Syd Gravel retired from the Ottawa Police force he never dreamed that he would become a national expert for the Mood Disorder Society of Canada. His first inclination for a second career was to rely on his policing experience in workplace diversity. And although he realized that he was a subject matter expert on workplace diversity – he had no passion for it – none to very little. To learn more about Syds work with PTSD, Without this passion, everything that he had built visit: www.56secondsbook.com his hopes and dreams on for becoming a professional speaker crumbled before him. Syd credits the 90 day Fast Track Speaker’s School delivered by the Ottawa chapter of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers for helping him find his real passion. This program catapulted Syd into a successful second career as a writer, speaker and trainer. Syd devotes his time and energy on the development of resilience and RCRT resistance to trauma within the emergency Reflexology Therapist and enforcement environments. His book, 56 Seconds, tells the gripping real life story of how his life took a dramatic turn in just 56 seconds. But Syd is one of just many Canadians retiring from one career and launching into a second. A 2012 TD Economics Observation Please welcome Laurie to the THS team at The Hair Salon. Laurie is a member reports that since the jobs recovery began in of the Reflexology Association of Canada and has been practicing for the past mid-2009, individuals aged 60 and over have three years. accounted for about one-third of all net new Laurie incorporates Reiki stone massage and traditional native practices into job gains — a striking figure considering they her treatment, while customizing individual treatment plans. represented just eight per cent of the work Laurie is accepting new clients and looks forward to helping you improve your force. circulation and overall sense of vitality. A September 2012 CIBC study says in June of last year over half a million Canadians were involved in start ups (businesses less than 50 minute foot reflexology $65.00 two years old) and by far the fastest growing 75 minute foot reflexology, includes 25 minutes segment of the start-up market was the 50 and of hot stone on lower legs and feet $85.00 over age group. 5-50 minute sessions for $300.00 Receipts available on request Kerry Hannon, author of Great Jobs for Everyone 50+: Finding Work that Keeps You Happy and Healthy…and Pays the Bills says 1012 Wellington St. W • (inside The Hair Salon) that she repeatedly hears from people 50 and older that they want to do work that is www.rootessence.net • email@example.com meaningful.
www.themysticalevent.com www.lesalonmystique.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Bilingual well-being event that connects the mind, body and soul. Salon bilingue sur le mieux-être qui relie les niveaux mental, corporel et spirituel. Special Guests - Invité(e)s spéciaux
Pete Bernard Algonquin Medicine Man
Jennifer Clark Professional Spiritual Teacher
Sylvie Brûlé (French) Angel Therapy Practitioner
Matthew Stapley Psychic Medium
Thursday, September 11th
Friday, September 12th
Saturday, September 13th
Sunday, September 14th
You’ve heard of Laser Eye Correction Now research has created Laser Gum Correction A new painless safe Laser protocol to Kill the Bacteria that cause Bleeding Gums & Bad Breath. This laser partly regenerates lost bone and gum tissue HAPPY GUMS , HAPPY HEARTS C Because gum diseases all cause bacterial contamination of our bloodstreams concerned medical-risk researchers are now suggesting there may be links to : Heart diseases, Strokes, Diabetes, Aspiration Pneumonia, Premature Births, Lower Birthweight Babies, Stomach Illnesses, some Kidney Diseases, Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and Oral Cancer (and Possibly some Breast Cancers) ORAL HEALTH = TOTAL HEALTH
W E LCO M I N G N E W PAT I E N T S
LASER GUM CORRECTION IS FDA APPROVED 70% of all Canadians have Gum Diseases
Dr. Richard Putnam BA, DC, ND
How Healthy are your Gums?
Naturopathic Doctor (#564) Ontario trained, registered & insured. 37 years experience.
HAPPY GUMS , HAPPY HEARTS
CALL TODAY FOR A CONSULTATION
202 Main St., Ottawa, ON K1S 1C6 318 Albert St., Kingston, ON K7L 3V8 firstname.lastname@example.org • www.drrichardputnam.com 1-613-363-3205
Calendar ... Conferences ... Workshops
Love Peace Harmony Ottawa Calendar Listings June 2014
Soul Healing Group with Certified Divine Healing Hands™ Soul Healers Monday, June 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 • 7-9pm • FREE Tanglewood Park Community Centre, 30 Woodfield Drive, Ottawa K2G 3Y5 Learn practical techniques to self-heal, boost energy, balance emotions, transform relationships, and more. Receive Divine Healing Hands Blessings. Info: Shirley at 613.292.2288 or email@example.com. Soul Healing Group with Certified Divine Healing Hands™ Soul Healers Tuesday, June 17, July 8 and 22 • 7-9pm • FREE Queenswood Villa, 370 Kennedy Lane East, Ottawa K1E 3X5 Learn self-healing techniques to boost your energy, stamina, vitality and immunity; balance your emotions, transform your relationships and finances. Receive Divine Healing Hands Blessings. Info: Susan at 613.276.7132 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Soul Healing Group with Certified Divine Healing Hands™ Soul Healers Wednesday, June 4, 11, 18, 25 • 7-8:30 pm FREE 2650 Southvale Crescent, Ring #99, Ottawa K1B 4S9 Chant to heal Mother Earth. Learn practices for daily life to transform your health, relationships, finances, and more. Receive Divine Healing Hands Blessings. Info: Sara at 613.620.1996 (evenings) or sara. email@example.com
Nritya Yoga (the Yoga of Dance) workshop, August 17, 10AM – noon The supreme union of mind, body and spirit: Nritya Yoga concentrates on the physical, emotional, spiritual, socio-cultural aspects of ancient sacred movement, dance, Yoga and Meditation. Duniya Studio is honoured to bring master instructor Amrita Choudhury to Ottawa. www.duiyastudio.com/amrita. htm for registration or more information.
Visit www.pranashanti.com or call 613-761-9642 (YOGA) for more information The Yoga Seekers Book Club with Tanya Riley – June 1 and 15, 1:30 pm Each meeting will have a short asana practice, then a good hour with our tea, our book, our circle, and end with a short guided meditation. We will be enjoying “Awakening Shakti” by Sally Kempton. PranaShanti Community Kirtan – June 6, 7:30 pm Call and response chanting in a group setting. By donation to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. Minimum $5 donation. The 3 Gunas and the 5 Points of Yoga with Michael Hutkins – June 8, 11:00 am Learn how to balance between action and inaction to develop Sattva (Purity) on and off the mat. Part theory, part practice - bring a pen, notepad & your mat. Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest - June 9 to June 17 Taught over 9 days, this course is open to (i) yoga instructors of all yoga traditions who have taught at least three years or (ii) graduates of the Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training. Participants must have a regular personal practice and be ready to move deeper within themselves and assist their students in the discovery of the physical, emotional and spiritual benefits of yoga.
• Children’s Celebration with Jamie Reardon – 11:00 am - Welcome to summertime! Celebrate the first day of summer in yoga style! A yoga adventure awaits the kids as we explore sun salutations, breathing exercises and fun yoga games. New Moon Intention Setting with Devinder Kaur – June 26, 5:45 pm Learn the lunar astrology, practice a prosperity meditation and then experience a deep relaxation surrounded by the sounds and vibration of two Gongs. Vinyasa, Zumba & Yin! With Maria Figueroa – June 27, 7:30 pm Three incredible forms of movement blended into one great dynamic class. Crystal Journey in Concert with David Hickey – June 27, 7:30 pm David’s set up includes 10-12 Quartz Crystal Bowls, 8-10 Paiste Planet Gongs, Vibraphone and persian and Indian Santoors. The show will take place in two 40 to 50 minute sets. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Summer Intensive with Laurie Howe & Joe Barnett – Begins July 12 with 8-Day Retreat Our program is life-transforming and is for everyone. Whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or wanting to deepen your yoga practice and knowledge. With an 8-day retreat our Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program offers the possibility to really dive into the teachings, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Full Moon Healing Meditation with Devinder Kaur – June 12, 5:45 pm Learn the astrology for the Full Moon and do a short yoga set and meditation that taps into the qualities of the full moon energy. Class concludes with a deep relaxation with the healing sounds of the Gong! Summer Solstice Celebrations – June 21 • 108 Sun Salutations with April Hope – 9:00 am - Join us on the Spring Equinox - for this, the “5k of Yoga”! What can be more powerful than that?! Enjoy tea and snacks after class. • Kundalini Solstice Celebration with Victoria/ Atmabir – 9:00 am - Our class will include pranayam, a Kundalini Yoga kriya (yoga set) and a 31 minute meditation to clear blockages.
Is it possible to permanently change your relationship with sugar? In this interactive workshop, we will define sugar and discuss the effects of this all-pervasive, seductive white stuff, from cravings, energy imbalances, weight imbalances, fatigue, and mood swings to PMS, diabetes, heart disease, yeast infections, and hypoglycemia. Participants will be given a list of suggestions to reduce the sugar habit and cravings for sugar. Please join Holistic Health Coach Jackie Schultz on Wednesday, June 18th at 7pm at the Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre - space is limited so please register at firstname.lastname@example.org
BASIC PRANIC HEALING WORKSHOPS June 28/29 (Sat/Sun), 10am-6pm These standardized courses teach: • 11 major chakras their relationships to the physical anatomy and personality. • How the aura, chakras, and meridians correspond to the physical anatomy • Scanning to identify the quality and quantity of Prana/Life force • How to accelerate the natural healing process • Energy hygiene to prevent contamination • Specific protocols to heal physical and psychological ailments • Utilizing the Law of Karma as a tool to improve your life Faye Healey, authorized Basic Pranic Healing Instructor & practitioner (613) 282-0801 email@example.com
DIRECTORY • Groups ISUL GROUP INTERNATIONAL. RON CHAPMAN. Meditation classes and seminars. 232-1160. PATHWORK® Practical spiritual wisdom that lays out a step-by-step journey into personal transformation and wholeness. A challenging yet compassionate voyage of discovery to the Real Self through the layers of our defenses, denial and fear, guided by our own inner authority. Ottawa info: www.ottawapathwork.ca SUFI ORDER OF OTTAWA http://sufiorderofottawa.webs.com/ SPIRITUAL FRONTIERS CANADA (Explorations) SFC offers monthly explorations as: Talks (1st Thurs.) and Workshops (3rd Sat.). *To attend, see / confirm info on latest and future events in 2 ways: 1. our SFC exclusive email list which has been active for past several years. For new spiritual, evolutionary, wellness seekers, please send ‘email address’ request to firstname.lastname@example.org (JeanLouis ). Removals on request. and/ or 2. See our ongoing website www.spiritualfrontiers.ca
• People RON CHAPMAN. Classes and seminars, meditation all levels, private consultations 232-1160. NADINE LA BELLE, M.A. Body, mind, spirit Integrative Healing®. 613-258-7492. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, coaching and teaching transformation: balance@thomasMtegtmeyer.com; Phone: 613.769.5575. CELESTE SUSAN VERMETTE, Naturotherapist, Reiki Master, Life Coach, Tantra Instructor Bodywork ~ chair massage, reflexology, reiki, lymphatic drainage, swedish, Upledger cranio-sacral therapy. Treatments and Consultations 613-5659303. email@example.com
• Places MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS (MSIA) (an ecumenical church), Ottawa-Morin Community. Weekly, Thursday, 7:30 pm services, followed by fellowship, at 103 Westpark Drive, in Ottawa: call to reserve. Marriages and spiritual counselling by appointment. Peace Theological Seminary Courses: as scheduled locally, by correspondence and by internet. For information or to reserve: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-841-1458
• A Course in Miracles COURSE OASIS. Courses, support and study groups, spiritual gatherings, individual mentoring, books. Mary Anne Buchowski and James Gregory, 613-726-0195. Email: courseoasis@ primus.ca; Website: www.courseoasis.org
CHINESE TRADITIONAL ACUPUNCTURE & NATURAL MEDICINE CENTRE. TCM. DAC. Jia Jun Huang & Annie Huang. Graduate of Shanghai Medical University (1960). Over 45 years experience. Member of Chinese Acupuncture Association of China & Canada. Acute & chronic pain, Accident. Sports injuries, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Insomnia, Stop smoking, Menopause, etc. Disposable needles are used. Insurance coverage. Free parking. One of the largest herb stores in Otawa. 613-235-5504. 867 Somerset St. W. Ottawa.
HARMONY ACUPUNCTURE, Rural Kanata location, Alice Kwasniok, Dr. Ac. and TCM, MSc, member of CMAAC, graduate of ACOS, Nelson, BC. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for prevention and treatment of a variety of acute and chronic conditions. Weight loss and detoxification, anti-aging facial rejuvenation. 613-832-0658. www. harmonyrevival.com PAIN RELIEF; correction of chronic conditions; addiction relief; weight loss; pro-active tune-up for health maintenance. Meridians Clinic (613) 728-2579 www.naetottawa.com SUNRISE COMMUNITY ACUPUNCTURE clinic offers affordable treatments on a sliding scale from $15 to 35 ( +HST). You pay what you can, no questions asked. There is an additional $10 for the first treatment only. 20 years of experience. www.ottawaacupuncturestudio.com. 613-853-9099. BLAISE T. RYAN, R.TCMP, R.Acu. Specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong and Child Psychology. Experienced & Registered. Adults & Children. Insurance receipts available. Located in Westboro at The Village Clinic. Book online at www.drblaiseryan.com or call 613-702-5377
• Adiewa ACCESSING DEEP INTENTION AND ENERGIZING WISE ACTION Intuitive, embodied inquiry process for deep personal and spiritual growth. Experience your innate knowing, energetic intelligence, Source guidance. Private sessions, healing circles, workshops with Jane Lindsay. 613.761.9249 adiewacentre.ca
• Akashic Records PATRICIA V. LACROIX Psychic Medium, Empath, Akashic Records Counselor, Destiny Card Readings. Email - email@example.com
• Alexander Technique
• Acupuncture June 2014
ELENA CALVO. Certified teacher(England) Personalized mind and body work. English, Spanish, and French spoken. Health Insurance covered. (819) 771-0110. THE OTTAWA-HULL SCHOOL FOR THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, Richard Albert, Director. Health insurance covered. I now offer Alexander lessons in my office or at your home 819-456-3484 firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.magma.ca/~alextech BRIGITTE CARON fully bilingual, certified teacher (also speaks Spanish). 317 Chapel (@ Laurier). 789-7972.
• Allergy treatment ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-6611061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Angel Therapy ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER® Diane Lanthier incorporates various modalities, including family constellation work, into a unique and compelling Emotional Freedom Techniques session. EFT is gentle yet powerful energy work that allows you to release any negative memories and feelings that are blocking you from moving forward in life. 613 297 8293, email@example.com, reiki-light.com VONNE SOLIS. www.vonnesolis.com. 613-258-3550 DISCOVER YOUR WISDOM WITH SOUL COLLAGE®. Fun, creative workshops and one on one sessions. www.soulcollage.com, Elise Laviolette 613-864-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org HEALING ANGELS OF THE ENERGY FIELD, Integrated Energy Therapy-Master Instructor and Journey Practitioner. Learn how to connect with your angels and be the best you can be. Contact Susan at 613-220-6551 or email me at email@example.com
• Aqualead AQUALEAD ENERGY - Healing water, environmental healing. Level I, II and Master
DIRECTORY classes. Free of charge, donations accepted. Sabine Blais, Aqualead & Reiki Master. email firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules, www.aqualeadinstitute.org (819) 230-6638.
• Aromatherapy PLANET BOTANIX fills all your pure essential oil needs! We carry over 100 oils and other supplies. Purchase products from our line of all natural bodycare. 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444, www.planetbotanix.com PROMOTE WELLNESS with AROMATHERAPY! One hour sessions - $50. Available Thurs., Fri. and Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc. (613-834-9922) 260 Centrum Boulevard, Ottawa
• Art / Art Therapy
• Ayurveda NOEL SMITH-SPARROW: Ayurvedic lifestyle Consultant, phone: (613) 294-7798 email@example.com
• B. O. S. LAURIE FRASER, certified B.O.S. practitioner. Excellent results: emotional issues (depression, anxiety, grief), pain, disease, allergies, mould, menopause, infection, insomnia, etc. Spiritual development, chakra work. 613-721-3781
• Beauty and Health NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Birth Doula
SCULPTURE FROM THE HEART: a powerful creative process working with the whole person, energizing and grounding. Free introductory session. Hilde Paz - BA Visual Arts, qualified Steiner sculpture therapist, Tobias School of Art, UK (1988). individuals and small groups. Info: 613 829-3408
BIRTH DOULA offering 3 educational prenatal sessions, continuous birth support & 1 postnatal home-visit. Offering a wide range of holistic resources, including Hypnotherapy, Massage & Aromatherapy for pregnancy, birth & beyond. Visit: www.empowerbirth.ca 613.282.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
JOURNEY THROUGH THE RAINBOW: Participants gain a greater understanding of themselves by exploring the seven colours of the rainbow through art, visualization, sound and food. A “sense”-ational experience! Tammy Smith 613-799-1022 Tammy_reiki@hotmail.com
KRISTIN PETERSON: Registered Massage Therapist, Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & Certified Acupuncturist email@example.com or http://kristinpeterson.weebly.com
• Ascension Healing NEWLY-ACCESSIBLE LIVING TECHNOLOGY INTELLIGENCE for clearing stubborn, limiting energies from your 12-D Divine blueprint. www.MelindaUrban.com
• Astrology JACQUES GIASSON: Professional Astrologer with a background in psychological counseling and 28 years of experience. Become aware of your path and take advantage of your challenges and opportunities, natal, actual and future. Call: 819-770-9259. JUDY JIBB, Astrologer CertFAstrolS 613 304 4255, firstname.lastname@example.org
LORI HOLLOHAN MA, Advanced BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified Coach, Yoga Teacher & Author. Contact: (613) 866-7091; lori@ energythrive.com and www.energythrive.com
• Bowen Therapy BOWENTHERAPY OTTAWA Bette Madigan. www.BowenTherapyOttawa.ca Certified Bowen Therapy Practitioner (advanced) 376 Churchill Ave. Suite 203 (Westboro Clinic) insurance receipts available. Call 613-722-4249 or e-mail email@example.com MARIANNA MEDVID, Registered Bowen Therapist, Homeoplus Outaouais Clinic, Hull. Pain relief and body balancing. 819-777-1818 (w) or 613-291-6651(c) firstname.lastname@example.org; bowentherapyhealing.ca.
11TH HOUSE ASTROLOGY GROUP, open to all levels, to exchange & learn, 2nd Monday of month (Sept.-June), 61 Main St. Ottawa. Info: 613-821-4839.
THE BOWEN APPROACH - Gently restoring your health. PAIN, digestive & respiratory issues and more. Certified Bowen Practitioner (Advanced) 613-799-3315. www.TheBowenApproach.ca
INSIGHTFUL, INSPIRING, and in-depth Astrology Readings. Over 15 years experience. Eve Mari Crete 819-457-1694 www.astrologereve.ca
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN, Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor. www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com
• Aura Photography AURA PHOTO & Chakra Balancing Aura pic & interpretation, Colour therapy, Clear blockages, Healing. Rina Soucy 613-841-8651
BOWENWORKS OF KINGSTON, Andrée Boisvert, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner, 920 Princess St., Suite 105, Kingston, 613331-3625, firstname.lastname@example.org www.abholistichealth.com
BOWEN TRAINING ACADEMY, Janet Riley, RN. Licensed Bowenwork® Instructor www.bowentrainingacademy.com. Courses in Ottawa and across Canada. 613 848-2083 email@example.com INTEGRAL HEALTH CLINIC: Chronic pain, stress, carpal tunnel, PMS, TMJ, cancer patient support & more. Gentle touch through clothing, powerful healing. Madeline McBride, Certified Bowenwork® Practitioner. Downtown Ottawa 613.241.0005 or book online www.integralhealthclinic.com
• Buddhism PINE GATE SANGHA - www.ianprattis.com/ pinegate.htm - Engaged Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 1252 Rideout Cr; 613 726 0881. Thursday meditation and study class 7:00pm; First Saturdays of each month - dharma talk and pot luck supper 5.00pm. Nucleus of Friends for Peace www.friendsforpeace.ca Resident teacher: Dharmacharya Ian Prattis True Body of Wisdom INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Ceremonies CARRIE RATHWELL, CEREMONIALIST. Personalized ceremonies created for and with you: weddings, funerals, baby and family ceremonies, rites of passage, pet funerals, shamanic journeys for ceremonies, and more. 613-2371473. www.carrierathwell.com
• Chakra/Aura Balancing www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 THE BOUTIQUE offers a 30 minutes Chakra/ Aura Assessment and modification session. Also the Boutique offers many more services, please refer to www.arc-ange-ciel.com or call the Boutique at 613 424 9094.
• Channelling DONNA KINNIBURGH, Internationally Renown, Deep Trance Medium (Edgar Cayce Style) Is now accepting Limited Appointments – 613 649-8245 email@example.com www.rainbow-lady.com
• Child Care Conscious, healthy, heart-centered care and support for your child(ren) and family. Julia Horvath: firstname.lastname@example.org 613-724-8228
• Chiropractic ACTIVATOR CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC. Restore proper spinal balance safely and comfortably with the precise low-force activator analysis and instrument. Dr. Stephani S.Dunk 613-226-9800.
Baseline @ Prince of Wales
• Church CHURCH OF PERFECT LIBERTY, Ottawa,ON. www.perfectliberty.ca (613-225-1850)
• Cleaning GREEN CLEANING since 1988. Completely insured and bonded. We clean both homes and offices. Personalized friendly service with all healthy products. www.beauclean.ca 613-731-1532 or email email@example.com
• Clinics PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 5674444: visit our website for a list of practitioners www.planetbotanix.com KILLENS REID PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC now offering TCM with acupuncture practitioner. Other services, Osteopathy, Vodder Lymphatic Drainage, Vestibular Rehab, Urinary Incontinence Rehab, Massage Therapy, Orthopaedic and Sports Physiotherapy. www.killensreid.com (613) 594-8512.
• Clubs OWLS Club: socially-responsible club for ladies 40+, for friendship, support and co-creation. For info or to join: www.owls-club.com
• Clutter FROM CHAOS TO ORDER - bring on the Flow. Edie Lane Feng Shui Consultant, DeClutter Specialist. 613-565-1919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Coaching ACADEMY OF PERSONAL AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING www. ottawacounselling.com Coaching concentrates on healing and empowerment and deemphasizes being clinical and helping. Richard Haney is a wholistic coach who brings a wide range of skills, techniques and modalities to each coaching interaction. He provides warm, heart-connected and empathetic coaching. Please contact Richard Haney to enhance your life and make the most of each moment. Listening well is the most eloquent sign of caring. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy), 234-5678 or 726-3636. T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER, Functional, Integrative and Vibrational transformation. By appointment only. Phone: 613.769.5575 ANNA MARANTA: Coaching, Counselling, and Spiritual Direction from an Integral Perspective. Call: 613.867.5505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARLENE NEUFELD, MSW, RSW, AND BOB NEUFELD, M.ED., help couples create closer loving relationships. We specialize in two-on-two couples coaching/psychotherapy. Experience our life changing approach which will help you learn skills and techniques that facilitate lasting personal change in a faster and easier way than traditional talk-therapy. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC - providing Personal & Spiritual Growth Coaching, Mindfulness & Body-Mind Healing Therapies. 613-295-9987 www.spiritwell.ca www.annagreen.ca LIFE SKILL WORKSHOPS INCLUDESAnger, Communication, Denial, Roles, ACOA, Co-dependency, Relationships and Spirituality. Every second Saturday from November 9 at The House of Hope and Healing. www.lifelinesofrecovery.ca Lynda @ 613-858-7181 BREATH COACH. LIFE, LOVE, HEALTH AND RELATIONSHIP COACHING. Life begins and ends with a breath – as does everything in between. Celeste S. Vermette, Certified with the Hendricks Institute. 613-565-9303 email@example.com
• Colonic Therapy DETOX AND STRENGTHEN THE COLON. Gentle, safe, effective. Experienced Colonic Therapist and Holistic Nutritionist, SatDaya WIlliams at 815 Merivale Rd, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Counselling CAROLINE ELSON a Wholistic Lifestyle Counsellor. B.Sc M.Ed,CCC 613 282 7905, email@example.com Starting where you are, moving to create the life you want. Explore the physical, mental and emotional through traditional and alternative forms of counselling. Individual and Couple. ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Individual therapy to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282 ACADEMY OF COUNSELLING. Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D. (Counselling Therapy) Specializing in individual and couple counselling and in comprehensive family mediation. Also specializing in bereavement, career and stress counselling. Richard is an empowerment counsellor who is heavily influenced by Roberto Assagioli (Psychosythesis), C.G. Jung, Fritz Perls (Gestalt Therapy), Alfred Adler, Milton Erickson, Ken Wilber and Stanislov Grof (Holotropic Breathwork). 234-5678 or 726-3636. Web: www.ottawacounselling.com
NURTURING A LOVING RELATIONSHIP with your embodied wisdom thru Focusing, NVC & Yoga. Phone/Skype, in person. Shulamit Day Berlevtov 613-868-9642 www.shula.ca KATHY GLOVER SCOTT M.S.W., professional, experienced Reiki Master/Teacher (Ascended Levels). www.ReikiOttawa.com. Reiki to the 21st degree, 5th Dimensional Consciousness Program, Reiki and Crystals and Root Cause Release Work. Classes and individual appointments (some covered by extended benefits). 613-271-8636 MARY O’KEEFFE, MA., MSc., Clinical member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists. Mindfulness & Compassion-Based therapy, for emotional balance, anxiety, stress, burnout, grief, relationship and childhood issues. Experienced therapist, Integrative & Holistic...613-608-7809 www.mindfultherapyottawa.com REV. SHERRY HARRIS, MSW, RSW is a heart-focused psychotherapist, certified spiritual coach, counsellor, teacher, minister and energy therapist. She works 7 days a week and offers receipts reimbursable by most insurance providers. She may reached by phone at 613236-8852 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is www,sherryharriscounselling. com. If you cannot come to her, appointments may be done by phone or Sykpe or in your home (travel costs added to the session fee) Hourly fee: $120. LUC DUMOUCHEL, MA, CCC. INDIVIDUALS/ COUPLES. Anxiety, ACoA, communication, depression, emotional dependency, infidelity, loss, separation, sexual problems, GLBT issues, self-care, spirituality. Ottawa/Hull. Insurance/sliding scale. Bilingual. 613-2359813 email@example.com ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) Counselling couples and individuals toward more peaceful, loving relationships. LIVE, LAUGH, PLAY. Develop more insight and happiness - improve intimacy and reduce conflict. Counselling and mediation services are available. Receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613295-9987 www.annagreen.ca GET RESULTS @ www.SpiritualCounselling.ca FREE COUNSELLING AVAILABLE for people dealing with death and dying. Also, guidance to achieve your goals in life. 613-828-2836 INDIVIDUAL COUNSELLING SERVICES (ICS) offers Counselling and Psychotherapy for Depression, Anxiety, Trauma Grief & Bereavement. To set an appointment please call 613-720-9003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org www.soulakorovessiscounselling.com
DIRECTORY • Couples MARLENE AND BOB NEUFELD help couples who want to create a closer, more loving relationship with one another. Learn how to avoid the common relationship problems of criticism, defensiveness, or just drifting apart. Experience Bob and Marlene’s life changing approach, which includes their ability to bring a couple’s perspective to helping other couples. We each have over 37 years experience in helping couples/people create more satisfying relationships/lives. For more information or to arrange a one-hour no-charge-to you initial consultation see www.marleneandbob.com or phone 613-594-9248. ANNA GREEN COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (MA CCC) - Improve emotional attachment , connection, and communication - reduce stress and conflict. Counselling and mediation services: receipts available, clinically supervised therapy. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www.annagreen.ca
By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 WELLNESS WITH MOIRA: CranioSacral and SomatoEmotional Release Sessions. Specializing in self empowerment for healing and health. Insurance Receipts. www.WellnessWithMoira.com 613.432.1239 BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC Cranio-sacral therapy (Upledger), reiki and body-mind healing from life’s mishaps. CALM. RELAXED. CENTERED. Assists the body’s natural healing intelligence and optimal restoration of immune and nervous system functions for many conditions. Downtown area. 613-295-9987 www. spiritwell.ca
• Crystal Healing LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Beautiful handpicked crystals & jewellery. Workshops. Home parties. Crystal Healing sessions. 613-868-8468. www.lindaenergyhealer.com. Join my mailing list, send an email to: email@example.com.
• Crystals THE CANADIAN SCHOOL OF NATUROTHERAPIES AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT offers distance education courses in Reiki, Intuitive Development/ Counseling, Energy Therapies and Spiritual awareness. Take Individual Courses or become a Registered Integrative Naturotherapist R.I.N. 819-328-9128 www.canadiannaturotherapies.co
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011. AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Light-touch soft tissue and nervous system therapy. Targets dysfunction and honours body’s own intelligence for healing. Also decreases depression, anxiety, stress. Increases range of motion, longevity, quality of life. DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST Since the early 1990’s, Denise offers individual CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and SomatoEmotional Release (SER) sessions; she also has a specialization and a vast experience in pediatric CST and Visceral Manipulation (Barral). Denise is a certified CranioSacral therapist and certified teaching assistant for all levels of coursework (Upledger). Tutorials are offered to students of CST and SER.
ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | Crystal Store | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate includes “laying on of stones” | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Dance DANCES OF UNIVERSAL PEACE: Join us in simple, meditative multi-cultural circle dances that use sacred phrases from the many sacred traditions of the earth to touch the spiritual essence within ourselves and others. For more information call 613-594-9248, checkour schedule at www.marleneandbob. com or email firstname.lastname@example.org BELLY DANCING FOR FUN! Awaken your own Goddess of Dance. Tracey @ 613-241-3397 or www.bellydancingforfun.com PEACOCK DYNASTY DANCE STUDIO: Specializing in Bollywood, Indian Classical Dance Style-Bharata Natyam, Indian Folk, & Persian/Bollywood Fusion. Please contact Sem at email@example.com or 613-2866484 or visit www.peacockdynasty.com
SACRED CIRCLE DANCE. Experience joy in movement, well-being, and harmony with others. No dance experience required for this fun, accessible exploration and practice of unity and alignment. Ottawa Circle contact: Anne, firstname.lastname@example.org. Aylmer Circle contact: Jen, email@example.com
• Dementia AN ALTERNATIVE, UNCONVENTIONAL, AND HOLISTIC approach to Memory Loss. Mark Andrews 613-257-0003 www.karmaiskarma.com
• Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362 ION CLEANSE” Foot Bath Detox, fast, easy, effective way to detox the body in 30 min. Also offering “CHI MACHINE and FAR INFRARED DOMES’ sessions. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna-Foley 613-842-3337 email@example.com OTTAWA WELLNESS & DETOX CLINIC. www.ottawawellness.com IONCLEANSE™ FOOT BATH with full nutritional support for the ongoing process of detoxing. Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org ION CLEANSE FOOT BATH - Removes accumulated toxins from your body through the pores in your feet. Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613)272-2739
• Dowsing OTTAWA DOWSERS, 2nd Wednesday of the Month Routhier Community Centre 172 Guiges St.(Cumberland/St. Patrick) 7-9:30pm. Pendulum, L-rod, Y-rod, bobbers and more. www.ottawadowsers.org 613-596-0260
• Dreams ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst and psychotherapist. Therapy practised with sensitivity to material from the unconscious such as dreams. (819) 568-0282
• Eco-Friendly ADORIT BOUTIQUE. Fair Trade Eco-fabric Boutique. Tarot Readings every Saturday 12:00
- 6:00pm. 153 York St. Ottawa. (613) 241-8354
• EFT & Energy Medicine COMBINING THE POWER OF DONNA EDEN ENERGY MEDICINE AND EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE to release blocks and empower you to step into your magnificence. Catherine McLenaghan, certified Donna Eden Energy Medicine Practitioner and certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner. Call 613-730-0411. Private sessions and ongoing classes.www.energywellspring.com
• EMF Balancing P.W. EMF BALANCERS, Home, Work, Auto. Steve Priebe (613) 842-4758, email@example.com, www.emffreezone.ca
• Emotional Freedom Technique EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND SPIRITUAL PAIN AND STRESS can lead to physical pain and illness. Life is too short to live with pain of any kind! EFT is an important tool in getting rid of pain - and also in removing the negativity that blocks you from manifesting and attracting the positive and allowing for fullness of self and your divine plan. Tap into emotional freedom - try it on EVERYTHING! Diane Lanthier (613) 2978293 www.reiki-light.com VIOLETTA BOROWSKI, BEd, CHt, EFT Cert-1, SPHE-RE Through this gentle tapping technique, release emotional, mental, spiritual blockages and imbalances on all levels that were preventing you from experiencing peace, happiness and success in your life. A healthy emotional state, will immediately activate physical healing and well being. 613-808-4822 www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Energy ENERGY TRANSFORMATIONAL FACILITATOR The Art of Neutrality - sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Energy Healing LAURIE FRASER, B.O.S., holographic healing, Reconnective, facade healing, past life. Excellent results: anxiety, depression, insomnia, hormones, disease, allergies, pain, addiction, spiritual blocks. 613-721-3781. HEALING FROM WITHIN. Energywork and Bodywork through Inner Knowing. Contact Jim Holland at 613-824-1181 MARTIN DESLAURIERS – Physical and emotional healing. From injuries to chronic diseases, pain, burnout, grief. Grounding and self-healing group sessions. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective energy medicine. Stress, childhood issues, depression, pain, grief. In person or distance, people & pets firstname.lastname@example.org 613-868-8468 www.lindaenergyhealer.com
Hypnotherapy Method - Contact Nancy McColl 613-237-4904 email: email@example.com VIOLETTA 613-808-4822 www.EFTottawa.ca The goal is for you to reduce or eliminate your pain rapidly & effectively. Let’s work on you using EFT along with other tools for your mental, emotional, and physical well being. EFT Certified DIVINE CURRENTS. ALS, MS, Alz, Neuro, Sensory. Also Herpes, all viruses. Carlos 613-231-6181
• Enneagram JANE LINDSAY,MSOD, Riso-Hudson trained, experienced teacher of the profound Enneagram system of personality type and consciousness development. Type identifying, coaching, training. 613.761.9249 adiewacentre.ca firstname.lastname@example.org
• Face Massage FACE MASSAGE (REJUVENATING) The Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com
• Facial Rejuvenation Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation is a powerful AntiAging Holistic Therapy. Realignment and toning of facial muscles; Release of physical and emotional blockages; Deep renewal of body and spirit. Jurlique Organic Skin Care. Gayle Mickelson 613.422.5701
• Feng Shui BALANCE - HARMONY - ENERGY Enhancing spaces that transform your life. Registered Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Consultant. Specializing in Space and Clutter Clearing, Space Planning, Design and Decoration, Colour and Light, Renovation and Construction. Pamela Burns, ARIDO, IDC, Reiki Master (613) 741-4055 CLEARING THE ENERGY OF YOUR HOME can be magical. Move to the next level of your healing. Contact Edie 613-5651919 abundantlivingbydesign.com
• Feng Shui Workshops PRACTITIONER/FACILITATOR LINDA THERRIEN from Life Health Healing Center provides two workshops. Introduction to Feng Shui with compass and Advanced Feng Shui with crystals both include certificates. Let Feng Shui in your home and in your life help you achieve Harmony, Abundance, Happiness and more. Workshops are held on the third Saturday or Sunday of each month from 1pm to 5pm. Pre-registration required. Linda is the founder and teacher of Dimensional Meditation with crystals. Call: 613-824-4548 or visit www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Family Planning FAMILY PLANNING CONSULTING using the highly successful Lunar Phase Method. One time fee of $100.00 includes personalized profile and follow up. Nancy at 613-324-4458 or fertility-wheel @hotmail.com. “WOMEN UTILIZING MIND/BODY TECHNIQUES such as hypnosis have a 42 –55% increased rates of conception” Engage the power of your subconscious mind to enhance fertility with hypnotherapy. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Flower Essences FLOWER ESSENCES can offer support in every area of life. Gentle release of stubborn patterns and blockages, healing of trauma, assistance in acute or chronic issues, physical or emotional. Californian, Pacific and Bach Essences. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, FES-certified practitioner; 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeksulap.com
• Foot Orthotics DR. JEAN-FRANCOIS GAUTHIER B.Sc., D.C., C Ped (C) is a certified pedorthist, a trained foot health specialist. Providing solutions for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, etc. Restore proper foot, knee, hip and lower back balance with confortable custommade foot orthotics. Conveniently located near Rideau Center, free parking: 418 Rideau St. Please call 613-241-3434. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.spineandfoot.com
• Gifts PLANET BOTANIX, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444: eco friendly, recycled, unique and inspirational ideas!
• Gum Disease DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Hadoscan HADOSCAN Sessions available by phone, distance or in person Contact Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Head & Neck Pain DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Healing From The Core AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, email@example.com, 613-6975644. Receipts available. Tools for whole body presencing, pain and trauma releasing.
QUANTUM HEALING -Past Life Regression; Any health issue, Any Question -Dolores Cannon
• Healthy Bra HEALTHY BRA - Orthopaedic and Post-Surgical Bra (Medical Device License). No wires. No elastic. Custom-fit. Where health, comfort and shape matter most – Sizes 28A to 44KK. Comfy Posture Solutions 613-521-9100
• Health Kinesiology www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362. Treat causes, not symptoms
• HeartMath® 1:1 Coaching BREATHE THROUGH THE HEART AND STOP REACTING UNCONSCIOUSLY. Self Regulation, Energy Management, Optimal Performance. Contact Robbin Zrudlo at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.healandevolve.ca
• Herbalism ANNE DRISCOLL R.H. is a traditional herbalist wise in the healing ways of plants. In her practice she blends the wisdom of herbcraft with modern scientific knowledge. She works with individuals to restore the innate balance and strength of the body. All remedies are custom created to address each person’s unique health needs. For both chronic and acute conditions - let plants walk with you on the journey to wellness. Call the Avalon Herbal Clinic at 613-6121181 or drop by on Saturday to Mother Earth Natural Health (747 D Richmond Road.)
• Herbs JUDY’S ORGANIC HERBS Canada’s favourite source for medicinal herbs & health items. Huge selection of highest-quality organic bulk herbs including Premium Herbs from our gardens, vibrant tinctures, oils & vinegars, custom formulas, Ayurvedic herbs, Best-Tasting Krispy Kelp, DEET-Free Insect Repellent, Poison Ivy Remedy, fresh Ginseng, Vita-Mix, LiteBook, Chi Machine, Far Infrared Hot House, large selection of books & more. Mailed to your home or office. Free e-newsletter. Consultations available by appointment. www.earthmedicine.ca 613-832-8241 613-832-8241
• Holistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Homeopathy J.B. HOMEOPATHIC DISPENSARY. Jo-Anne Bazinet, homeopath. Member of S.P.H.Q., C.S.H., H.M.C.C. 2062 St. Joseph Blvd., Orleans, ON, K1C 1E6. (613) 830-0487. Consultations & products available. MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM D.I.Hom(Pract.), RNCP, Registered Homeopath for acute and chronic conditions and Registered Nutritional and Lifestyle Consultant; www.nutrihom.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 842-9328
• Hotstone Healing www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362
JOIN HOT STONE ENERGY THERAPIST and Reiki Master Pauline Brown A.N.N. member for the utmost in healing, relaxation, and a wonderful state of well-being. $75.00 for 90 minute session. Call: 819-684-7885 or visit: www.healinghandswithpauline.ca. Receipts provided and gift certificates available BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Hypnotherapy WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE? Holistic hypnosis guides you to your unique solutions and a better life! Priscilla Corcoran, www.radiantchanges.com 613-859-3902 AVOID THE MEDICATION ROULETTE! Advanced Clinical Medical/Dental Hypnotherapist successfully treating anxiety, stress, depression, addictions, unwanted habits, fears, pain, smoking cessation, weight mgmt, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, low self-esteem, self-sabotage and more. Specialist in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches. Visit www.graceplacewellness.com for info, verifiable credentials & free Tranquility recording- Grace Joubarne, CCHt, LAPHP 613-422-7027 Toll-free 1-888-3903553 email@example.com RID YOURSELF OF OLD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS. Hypnosis and HypnoAcupuncture. SLEEP despite your partner’s snoring thanks to hypnosis. Weight loss, Drug, Smoking, Sex, Food and Gambling addictions. Age regression to correct decades old influences. Hypnosis by Judy Spence (CH), National Guild of Hypnotists-certified. Ottawa 613-7282579 OR Gatineau: 819-661-1061. 1st session: $100. Subsequent $80. Insurance receipts. www.naetottawa.com MARTINE BRISSON, hypnosis and alternative therapies. REDISCOVER THE JOY OF LIFE with the help of hypnosis, EFT, NLP, Eye movement Integration therapy, Psych-K, Reiki and IET. I get to the source of the problem to eliminate it. Only certified 5 Path (5 phase advance transformational hypnosis) in the region. Teacher of 7 Path self-hypnosis. Stress reduction, remove fears, anxiety, self-esteem, traumas and more. Insurance receipt available. Gatineau . 819-2056670 www.martinebrisson.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CHt, MHt, Master Consulting Hypnotist, CCIr. You can create the life you desire NOW! 613-823-3316 wendy@ wellness-centre.com www.wellness-centre.com MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: With a blend of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, the focus is placed upon what YOU want and together we make it happen in the right way for you (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com
ACADEMY OF HYPNOTHERAPY www. ottawahypnosis.com When talking therapy is just not enough to dissolve old emotional blocks...Create new pathways by trusting and following fresh images, empowering suggestions and inspiring visions. Become whole again by re-membering and re-connecting forgotten parts of yourself. What inside! What outside! Consider the Whole... Richard Merrill Haney, Ph.D.(Counselling Therapy) Hypnotherapist, 234-5678 or 726-3636. JAIME PALLEN CERTIFIED Hypnotist N.G.H member. Past lives interfering with your present explore how and what you can do to change it. Make an appointment @613-454-1429) or www.hypnosis-in-ottawa.com HYPNOSIS WORKS! Reach your objectives with Lynne Cardinal, a fully Certified Hypnotist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, holding additional certifications in Hypnosis Innovative Techniques and Weight Loss. She has a PhD in Eastern Philosophy from India. Lynne has been offering Stress Management, Burnout Prevention and Meditation workshops at the government and private sector for over 30 years. Insurance receipts. 613.721.7888 - firstname.lastname@example.org www.kaivalya.ca
• Indian Head Massage Experience the rejuvenating power of REIKI & INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE (IHM) with Juane, Reiki Master and IHM Certified Practitioner Available Thurs., Fri. & Sat. at Classy Nails & Spa Inc., 260 Centrum Boulevard. 613-834-9922 $50/60 minutes, $30/30 minutes. KYMBERLI KER, IHM Practitioner, Relaxing Treatments. www.OttawaReflexologist.com THE CANADIAN CENTRE OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE. Two day Certification course with Debbie Boehlen. 905.714.0298. www.indianheadmassagecanada.com AYURVEDIC HEAD MASSAGE certification with Jackie Cave, Fusion School of Natural Health. 613-389-4344 or info@FusionNaturalHealth.com
• Infrared Sauna SAGE WELLNESS 340 Gladstone www.sagewellness.ca. Book online or call 613-235-7243, Detoxify, Treat injuries, Pain relief, Weight loss, Reduce Stress, Improve Skin
• Intuitive Energy Counselling INTUITIVE ENERGY THERAPIST/ COUNSELOR and Author Cheryl Jiala Driskell helps you BENEFIT from an ‘Intuitive Approach’ to your health. What is out of balance is immediately made clear and energy therapies bring you back to flow! 15 mins from Island Park 819-328-9128. www. intuitivelight.com
• Intuitive Numerology A NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT. Psychic Consultation. Laura Young 725-7232 email@example.com
• Intuitive Psychic Readings LINDA THERRIEN World Known Medium Clairvoyant. Using Crystals, Chinese Astrology and Channeling Cards, my Readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and Spiritual Healing. I am accurate, dependable and gifted. I am Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, Past Life Regression Channeling Facilitator and a Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner. (613824-4548) www.lifehealthhealing.com
• Intuitive Readings MARLENE STEVENS 819 483 9915 Intuitive readings & tarot. Medium & Angel card readings. Marstevens@sympatico.ca MOIRA HUTCHISON CTACC DHP Acc. Hyp.: Connect to your Higher Self and your Inner Wisdom. For insight, guidance, validation, inspiration and support. On-line, by phone and in person (613) 432-1239 www.WellnessWithMoira.com INTUITIVE COUNSELING, Reiki Training and Energy Therapies are accessible through practitioner and authour Cheryl Jiala Driskell. Please view my site for testimonials and details. Hope to see you soon. www.intuitivelight.com MICHELLE VEZEAU spiritual guidance to your life’s questions - insightful, profound clarity. Michelle.Vezeau@sympatico.ca 819 827-2579 KERRY PALFRAMAN RN specializes in a unique intuitive modality, which offers both healing and profound personal insight into the vast depths of your Being. Session recorded on mp3. www.indigowisdom.ca SUZANNE WHITE Bilingual Psychic/Medium, Card & Photo Readings, Dowsing, Psychometry and House Clearing. 343-8826559 firstname.lastname@example.org www.suesintuition.ca LINDA MEDIUM, Palm reader: for appt: Tele: 613-816-1808 DEREK VAN DER LIGHT. What do you need? Love? Money? Satisfaction? Something else? I will help you meet your needs. Phone/text: (613) 252-7509 Email: (email@example.com) Blog: (derekvanderlight.wordpress.com).
• Iridology LANE JENSEN is a certified Iridologist and a certified Nutritional/Herbal counselor. Trained in (ERT) Emotional Reflex Technique Assessment, an advanced form of Muscle Testing for Emotional and Nutritional support.
For more information and consulting call (613)-424-1647 or (613)-406-8798 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.transitionalhealth.ca will be coming soon!
• Journey JEAN BRAZEAU, Ottawa’s first Accredited Journey Practitioner. Give yourself the gift of freedom, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Reclaim the truth of who you are. Works with children, teens and adults. Energy Medicine (Reiki Master, Shamanism, Universalis) NLP, WEL-Systems TM Institute Master Facilitator. JeanBrazeau@sympatico.ca Phone: 613-295-2756. EVELYNE LEMIEUX-NAULT, Accredited Journey Practitioner/Visionary Leadership Coach. Address the root cause of emotional and physical issues. Open to the wisdom, freedom and love within yourself. English and French. 613-824-3368. email@example.com
• Jungian Analysis ROSEMARY MURRAY-LACHAPELLE, M.L.S., M.A., Dipl. Analyt. Psych. Jungian Analyst. Depth psychology to address your unique concerns. (819) 568-0282
• Kinesiology CHECK Health Kinesiology / Rica Gerhardt T. M. (THOME-us MARTee) TEGTMEYER. Instructor: Touch For Health,® Brain Gym®, “Beyond Belief Synthesis”, “Ultimate Efficiency”, other. Phone: 613.769.5575
• Labyrinth ST. JOHN’S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Parish of March, 325 Sandhill Road, Kanata offers an outdoor, 11 circuit, paver Chartres design labyrinth open to the public at all times. We also offer an indoor, 7 circuit Petite Chartres permanent,painted labyrinth in the church hall. Contact the Parish Office for availability of our indoor facility. ( 613) 592-4747 or www.stjohnskanata.ca HEALING CIRCLE LABYRINTH Set amid 1,000 evergreen trees surrounded by a garden sanctuary overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Paths are lined with chakra coloured plants and stones. Now scheduling workshops and candlelit evening walks. Call Liz at 613-925-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Between Lives THIS IS THE SPACE between your current life and the one before. The times between death and re-entering the womb for another life. But what goes on in that time-space? What happens to the soul? This is journey to the other side to better understand the reason for which we came on earth. The process is profound, the session itself last up to three hours. Martine Brisson, hypnosis and alternative therapies Gatineau, 819-205-6670 www.martinebrisson.com
• Light Body Acceleration LIPHE DESIGN.COM. pH Nutritional Microscopy. Donna Porteous 613 253 7467
• Low Impact Yoga LOW IMPACT HATHA YOGA www.zenforyou. ca The Zen for You Hatha Yoga classes are easy to do for people who have never tried yoga before. Manali Haridas, Certified Yoga instructor progressively teaches the yoga postures and different relaxation breathing techniques in a period of 10 weeks.
• Lymphatic VODDER METHOD. Effective treatment for acute & chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM, RN. 613-728-2579 www.naetottawa.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Lymph drainage (Vodder), Reflexology, Shiatsu, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Massage MOVEMENT HARMONY MASSAGE. Spinal alignment work, employing osteopathic techniques, attunement, Swedish & acupuncture massage. 33 years experience treating injuries and chronic back challenges in Orleans. Contact Heather Brown (613) 878-6480. ANN receipt available for insurance. LEARN INFANT MASSAGE. Kind gentle woman would like to teach infant massage to a parent and young child, aged birth to crawling (IAIM curriculum.) The classes will be 5 consecutive Wednesdays at a time convenient for you. We can meet in my south end studio or I may be able to travel to your centrally located home. There is not cost. Friends also welcome. For additional details please call 613.304.3427
• Massage Therapy LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS Effective treatment of many chronic conditions. Judy Spence, DNM RN. 613-7282579 www.naetottawa.com CALM CONNECTIONS Massage Therapy, 42 Holland Ave. Cathy Chatham RMT, Kirsten Greenleaf RMT. Tel: 613 792 3223 www.calmconnections.ca JENNIFER PRESLEY, RMT. Massage Therapy, Craniosacral, Reiki lll, Shamanic energy work. Vibrant Health Massage, 190 Somerset St W (at Elgin), Suite 208. email@example.com 613-237-4400 www.vibranthealthmassage.ca NATURAL BALANCE MASSAGE THERAPY CENTRE Located in downtown Ottawa. Specializing in deep tissue / sports massage, pre / post pregnancy care, relaxation / stress reduction, headaches & chronic conditions. Gift certificates available. B6 - 130 Albert Street (between Metcalfe & O’Connor) Phone: (613) 566-3000 www.naturalbalancemassage.ca
RIDEAU MASSAGE THERAPY - Feeling stress, pain,or just need to relax? Therapeutic massage can help. Providing treatment for acute and chronic conditions and injuries. Also trained in Acupuncture and Thai Yoga Massage. Free Parking. 418 Rideau St. 613-241-3434. More info at www.lorirmt.ca or contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care! KAREN MUNRO-CAPLE, RMT. Providing Healing, Relief, Joy! 1105-85 Albert St. between Elgin & Metcalfe. (613) 230-3527. www.kmc-rmt.com RE - SELF - ING, a Journey to Wholeness, orthotherapie, swedish massage, reiki. Insurance coverage. Christianne Akyna 613842-3337 email@example.com YONG KAI, RMT, Registered Massage Therapist. Stress & Tension, Back & Neck Pain, Stress & Tension, Muscle Strains, Headaches & Migraines, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Sport Injuries (613) 435-6988, cell (613) 852-4852. Insurance Accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org MAITLAND MASSAGE THERAPY: a healing company.Online booking. www.MaitlandMassage. ca Free parking. Melanie Ransom, RMT, BHSc. 878 Maitland Ave. 613-722-6423
• Meditation CHRISTIAN MEDITATION COMMUNITY – There are about 40 groups in the Ottawa area that meet weekly to practice a way of silent, contemplative prayer using a prayer word or mantra, as taught by the late Benedictine Fr. John Main. For more information contact the Ottawa Area Coordinator at 613-725-1328 or email@example.com or consult www.wccm-canada.ca COSMIC MINDFULNESS, Meditation in the Yogic Tradition. Ongoing classes and guided meditations, Wednesdays at 7:30pm given by Chris Simmonds, including chakra awareness, Pratyahara and Yogic Meditation techniques. Attend an ongoing class or practice group. Advanced personal instruction is also available. Call Chris at 613-298-2447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ottawameditation.ca for more info. DYNAMIC MEDITATION. Learn the lifechanging techniques of deep mantra meditation and mindfulness for peace and wellbeing. Introductory and advanced classes for individuals, groups, workplaces. Courses on mastering thoughts, healing emotions, self-care and empowerment, consciousness expansion, development of chakras. Call Jennifer Bernius at 613-721-3787; email@example.com. THE SILVA METHOD. Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org 1 800 226 4428
RACHELLE BEHRENS RMT now accepting new patients at cozy home based clinic in Kanata. www.behrensrmt.com
GROUNDING AND SELF-HEALING group sessions. Emotion integration and transmutation. 819 965-0108 ext 101 – www.MartinDeslauriers.com
DIANA M SHELDRICK, Registered Massage Therapist since 2005. Also available, Maya Abdominal Therapy treatments. Please contact Diana at 613 265 7681 or www.arvigotherapy.com
A FORMAL INTRODUCTION TO AUTHENTIC ZEN TRAINING through instruction in zazen (sitting Zen) and kinhin (walking Zen). First Saturday of each month, 2-4 PM. Preregistration required: email@example.com or 613562-1568. Zen Centre of Ottawa www.wwzc.org
• Matrix Energetics MATRIX ENERGETICS - Facilitator in the Art of Transformation Certified Practitioner since 2007 sessions available by phone, distance or in person Yvette Marie-Claire Guy 819 771-8858
• Medical Intuitive MANUELA WERTHWEIN 613-231-4575. www. VisionofSpirit.com. Medical Intuitive, Medium, Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Soul rescue. Reiki Master & Teacher. Colour healing. Teaches intuitition skills (private or classes). Releasing blockages and stagnated energy grids within the Human Energy Fields takes place regardless of hereditary, environment or inherent factors that may endure. Manuela will access the information in your biology and soul using clairvoyance as well as energy scanning with healing and Past Life Information. www.WindowtotheSoul.com ANGELA KEHLER, Certified Medical Intuitive www.soulbirdconsulting.com/
LEARN TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES that will enhance your growth and development to bring the meditative process into daily living. Individual and group classes-daytime/evening. ISUL method. Contact Nancy 613-5960260 firstname.lastname@example.org MEDITATION ON TWIN HEARTS. A beautiful & healing technique for illumination that works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (emotional heart) and the crown chakra (spiritual heart), making us a channel of divine energies, which we use to bless the earth & every being. Sandy Hill, WEDNESDAYS, 7pm. Cost: on donation. RSVP: email@example.com, http://bit.ly/TwinHearts SAHAJA YOGA MEDITATION. Awaken your Kundalini energy to balance you, connect you to cosmic consciousness, and bring about your spiritual rebirth. Visit us at freemeditation. com or sahajayoga.ca. Saturdays 3:00 pm Ottawa Public Library 120 Metcalfe (FREE)
• Meditation on CD JENNIFER BERNIUS guides you through 5 soothing and inspiring meditations to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. This CD, Into the Silence, with gorgeous musical accompaniment, will revitalize your daily meditation practice, helping to open your chakras and awakening you to the healing power of light. Cost: $20. 613-721-3787; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mentoring Program FOR OVER 20 YEARS KERRY PALFRAMAN has been a spiritual teacher and healer. This program offers you her personal support and guidance in any area of your choosing. Empowering you towards you your next level of mastery. www.indigowisdom.ca
• Migraines DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Music & Healing FOR 29 YEARS I have helped clients 2-82yr. with health concerns including ADHD, dyslexia, depression, cancer etc. Hands on approach using musical instruments. Call Shirley Schober @ 613-729-7758 DEEP SOUL ENERGETICS – Deep core healing using sound, improvisation, creative visualization, DNA activation & energy healing. Connect with Archangels and Ascended Masters. Pamela Holm MTA. 613-820-1556 www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com
• Music Therapy PAMELA HOLM MTA - Exploring creativity unblocks stagnant energy/problems. Supports insight & healing. www.DeepSoulSinging.com 613-829-1556
• N.A.E.T. ALLERGY & CHRONIC CONDITIONS. 10th year serving Ottawa-Outaouais. Judy Spence’s Medical background assures your program is tailored to your individual health needs. NAET is excellent for treatment of allergy & infection as well as Autism, CFS, FM, MCS, ADD & other chronic and conditions including pain. Doctorate of Natural Medicine (DNM), Acupuncturist., Advanced Level 2 NAET, Advanced 2 BioSet, Laser Acupuncture Detox & Lymphatic Drainage. Western medicine meets Eastern medicine to correct persistent and acute health issues. State-of-the-art computerized testing. The NAET Clinic of Ottawa is a full service, full time practice and also offers Hypnosis, Homeotoxicology, Auricular Medicine, Ion Detox Foot Baths, Sauna Detox, Weight Loss and Stop Smoking Programs. 613-728-2579. Quebec location: 819-661-1061. www.naetottawa.com. On parle francais.
• Naturopathic Medicine DR. KANDIS LOCK, ND. Licensed Naturopathic Doctor. Digestive Disorders, Allergies,
Headaches, Womens Health, Chronic Disease, Cancer. Come in for free 15 minute consult to find out how naturopathic medicine can benefit you (no treatment provided). 210-190 Somerset St. 613-627-3880, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nutrition MARILENA GAVRILA - NUTRIHOM RNCP, D.I.Hom(Pract.), Registered Nutritional Consultant and Homeopath; Nutritional and lifestyle consulting for your individual and unique health concerns. email@example.com; 613-842-0373. www.nutrihom.com BODY CHEMISTRY TESTING & BALANCING for optimal nutrient absorption & vibrant health. Physical & Emotional healing begins at the cellular level. Sensible, Sustainable, Effective Nutritional & Lifestyle recommendations. Iridology, testing for Heavy Metal Toxicity, Adrenal Function, & Free Radicals. 613-7259013; www.magma.ca/~PerfectBalance
• Oral Health DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Orthodontics DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; email@example.com; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Osteopathy JOAH BATES, D.O.(UK) Biodynamic Osteopathy. Creating a space for self-healing through structural balance. Over 25 years experience. 613-742-0011.
• Past Life and Spiritual Journeys ALLAN GREEN, Master Past Life and Spiritual Journey Facilitator since 1982; Allan sees what you see & feels what you feel. Eliminate Fears, Blockages, Pain from Past Life wounds. Find your Mission/Purpose, Meet Spirit Guides. Talk with People crossed over. Clear up people issues, that holds you back. www.allangreen.ca firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-213-7576. I AM YOUR CERTIFIED GUIDE TO YOUR PAST LIFE MEMORIES. I am trained by Brian Weiss MD and certified in advanced regression by Mary Elizabeth Raines in Sedona AZ. Eliminate fears,start healing,unexplained pain or just curious? I will walk there and back with you. Three Hr. sessions. For inquiries, Tlunam@live.ca or Call 613 769 1312
• Pranic Healing FAYE IS A FULL-TIME PRANIC HEALER offering in-person healing sessions at a studio in the Byward Market, as well as distant-healing sessions. Through distant healing, she has successfully treated clients all over Ontario and Quebec, and as far as Saudi Arabia, Paris, Thailand, Japan, England, and Morocco. Whether in-person or remotely, Faye sees clients for a broad range of physical and psychological ailments,
which may include anything from broken bones to PTSD, Pranic facelifts or weight-loss programs, and helping people enrich their homes or businesses through Pranic Feng Shui. Inspired by the benefits of Pranic Healing in her life and the lives of others, Faye now teaches Basic Pranic Healing and Superbrain Yoga courses in Ontario and Quebec. As part of her service to her community, Faye holds a weekly Twin Hearts Meditation in Sandy Hill every Wednesday at 7pm. (www.pranichealingontario. ca, email@example.com, Facebook. com/ECPranic, 613-282-0801)
• Qigong LAMAS QI GONG Association offers Qi Gong and Tai Chi courses at various locations in Ottawa. The classes are taught by Master Philip Lai (a certified naturotherapist who has 30 years of experience teaching Qi Gong, Kung Fu and traditional Chinese medicine) and associates. Qi Gong helps to reduce your stress, control pain and allergies, strengthen your self-healing ability and increase your energy level. Training to become a certified instructor and private consultations with Master Lai are also available. For more information, contact Catherine at 613-737-0553 or visit www. lamasqigongcanada.com CHOW QIGONG. Chow Medical Qigong exercises and meditation classes held at McNabb Community Centre, 180, Percy Street since 1986. Tuesdays 9:15-10:45am, Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm. Chow Qigong is taught by certified instructors and helps to relieve stress and promote self-healing. Complementary 1st class. For more information contact OttawaChowQigong@ gmail.com
• Quantum TouchTherapy THE POWER TO HEAL Aileen M. McKenna, Certified Quantum-Touch, Instructor/ Practitioner since 2004, first instructor in Canada improve physical strength, release physical and emotional stress, improve sleep, increase creativity, remove pain. Information on personal appointments and classes: Aileen’s Oasis 613-228-2272, 613-795-3751, out-of-town enquiries at 1-866-493-0236, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and check out. www.aileensoasis.com. www.wellnessunlimited.ca
• Reconnective Healing PATRICIA V. LACROIX, Reconnective Healing Practitionerª. The Reconnectionª and Reconnective Healing¨. email@example.com Visit: www.TheReconnection.com ALEXIS NICOL – Reconnective Healing® Practioner and the Reconnection since 2005. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com GISÈLE COSSETTE, Reconnective Healing & Reconnection Practionner since 2009. 819-431-3888.
touch providing holistic reflexology to clients for over 13 years. Home-based practice in Orleans. Hospital, retirement & nursing home visits provided. RAC certified reflexologist, RN, SCM, MA, CCRP. For more information contact Valerie Cronin at 613 837 9435 firstname.lastname@example.org BALANCE RELAXATION THERAPY. Reflexology, Ayurvedic Yoga & YOGA MASSAGE FOR BETTER HEALTH. Lori Chamberland, 613-2557934 balancerelaxationtherapy.com NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Reflexology, Shiatsu, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca REFLEXOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF OTTAWA offers Individual sessions (foot, hand or ear reflexology), private or corporate events, as well as fund raising events are available. We offer training towards certification as well as membership for professional Reflexology practitioners and students of Reflexology. Contact: www.ottawareflexology.ca ALEXIS NICOL - RCRT - Foot reflexology, receipts provided 613-263-7925. www.firstlighthealing.com ENJOY AN HOUR of head, feet & hands reflexology. Great for stress, relaxation and general well-being. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 email@example.com KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com, 613.897.9642 LAURIE BERG, RCRT - Hand & Foot Reflexology with Reiki www.rootessence.net - 613-722-4004
• Reiki LIFE HEALTH HEALING CENTER Linda Therrien, Usui-Tibetan Reiki Master/ Teacher. Weekly classes and treatment sessions. Founder of Dimensional Meditation with crystals, weekly private classes. Call: 613-824-4548 www.lifehealthhealing.com VISION REIKI- CATHERINE BASTEDO Holographic-Usui Reiki Master. Personalized Reiki classes in English or French; individual sessions, daytime/week ends. Online Healing Your Chakras classes; Bird Vibes meditation decks. Nature Retreats in Muskoka. www.visionreiki.com. Call 819-778-2590 firstname.lastname@example.org RAINBOW OASIS: Usiu Master / Teacher / Practitioner. Experience the natural healing, relaxing and balancing effect of Reiki Energy. For personalized sessions, contact Dianne at email@example.com or call 613-733-9481
VALCRON REFLEXOLOGY - the healing
MANUELA WERTHWEIN, Reiki Master/ Teacher. USUI system of Natural Healing. Private treatment & classes, Level I, II & III. Spiritual and Emotional Counsellor. Medium. Medical Intuitive. Soul Rescue. Body/Mind/ Soul Intuitive. Past-life Information. Colour healing. 613-231-4575 www.VisionofSpirit.com www.WindowtotheSoul.com WENDY ARMSTRONG, CRA-RT, Usui & Karuna Reiki Master. Sessions & training for all levels. 613-823-3316 wendy@wellness-centre. com www.wellness-centre.com iHEALING CONNECTION: Usui & Karuna Reiki Master, Lightarian Reiki, QuantumTouch, Intergrative Energy Therapy, EFT and Magnified Healing. These holistic therapies will help you to relax, relieve stress and heal on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Roger, 613 322 7585, email; firstname.lastname@example.org VERA & PESI SHROFF TRADITIONAL USUI Reiki Master/Teachers, are committed to selfempower individuals who commit themselves to healing & personal growth. They offer Reiki Treatments and Reiki Level I & II courses & Reiki Masters. Reiki is used for: Pain, Stress & Chronic Medical Condition Management, Anti-aging & Health maintenance, Improving Immunity, Increasing Vitality to bring Peace, harmony, balance, love, joy in one’s life. Reiki Exchange Healing Group every Thursday 7:00 p.m. Contact: Vera or Pesi at (613) 8290224 or email: email@example.com ALEXIS NICOL – RMTT, Reiki Master Teacher Trainer. Private sessions and training, receipts provided. 613-263-7925 www.firstlighthealing.com UNIVERSAL LIFE FORCE-MASTER REIKI CLASSES 3 in 1 based on the Usui Method. New and all levels welcome...individual and small classes. Contact Nancy 613-596-0260 firstname.lastname@example.org ANNA GREEN, MA - SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – www.spiritwell.ca - 613-729-2775. Bodycentered Process Work, Spiritual Care, Reiki & Training, Chakras, Aromatherapy, Bach Remedies, Muscle testing, SET, EFT, Meridians/ Qigong. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime - Civic Hospital Area. REIKI IN THE WEST END Stressed out? Aches and pains? Reiki can help you relax and feel better. Flexible sessions from 10 to 60 minutes. Contact Barb at 613-228-9176 or email@example.com DEB DESJARDINS 613-435-2100. Homebased in Kanata. angelwingreflexology.ca FINDING YOUR SELF - Reiki is a gentle technique for restoring and balancing your body’s natural energy to encourage better health. Reiki treatments are available on the Amethyst Bio-Mat. A true mind, body and spirit experience. Reiki Master, Linda O’Connor 4406 Old Kingston Rd. Lombardy. (613) 272-2739
JIKIDEN REIKI – FRANCINE MINEAULT, Reiki Master and Shihan, teaches Jikiden Reiki in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, in French or English. www.espacereiki.com / info@ espacereiki.com / 613 446-7307. KIM SWAN, Reiki Master Certified BodyTalk Practitioner & doTerra Product Consultant. www.filosofi.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 225-1127 KYMBERLI KER, RCRT, Foot Reflexology. Receipts provided, www.OttawaReflexologist.com HEAL. GROW. THRIVE. I am an IET and Usui/ Karuna Reiki Master teacher offering healing sessions, Reiki and IET classes. Frederic Papillon 613 805-3733 www.crystalheartlotus.com ANNA EARLE GREEN, MA CCC SPIRIT WELL HOLISTICS – Body-centered process work: Reiki & Classes, Craniosacral, SET, EFT, and more. Assisting your journey toward an energy-filled life. Daytime. Downtown area. www.spiritwell.ca 613-295-9987 FIND YOUR WAY, HEAL YOUR PAIN, and move forward with intuitive messages from your Angels. Visit www.threelightshealing.com to begin your powerful healing journey. ASCENSION REIKI HEALING SESSIONS and training for Mastery, accompanied by Spirit.Celeste S. Vermette, Reiki Master 613-565-9303. email@example.com THE WRITTEN REI! Written Holographic Tibetan Reiki, Read what your heart has to say! Full-length detailed Report. Convenient, done through distance. (613)227-4497 or CeraGagnon@gmail.com
• Restorative Yoga PATHWAY YOGA, Wednesday 1-2:30pm, Ease, Soothe mind and body through a series of supported postures nourished by the breath. This Iyengar yoga class is a haven if your energy is low, your stress is high, or you just want to be quiet and go inward. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 806-9642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor
• Retreats TARA SHANTI RETREAT CENTRE Near Montebello, Qc. Large property, quiet location. Open year round. Max 5 persons. Yoga, polarity and Esalen massage. Also silent retreats. firstname.lastname@example.org MAPLE KI FOREST * SPIRIT WATERS Unwind, Unfold, and Emerge Renewed. Secluded lakefront/woodland setting. Restorative, soothing atmosphere. Beautiful accommodations. Superb whole foods / Veg. cuisine. Yoga / Healing Bodywork / Infrared Sauna / Jacuzzi / 700 sq.ft. Yoga space, Workshop Studio. Welcoming individuals, couples & groups. 2 1/4 hrs. S.W. of Ottawa, near Tamworth. (613) 379-2227 info@ mapleki.com www.mapleki.com BEAUTIFUL LOG CABIN by a pond in a wooded area, private, ideal for retreat or peaceful getaway. Located near Killaloe, close to Algonquin Park. For rent all seasons call
613-625-2200. www.lindenpondcottage.com ALLAN & CATHERINE GREEN Personal customized Up-levelling Retreats for people using our services, on the Canadian Shield in OMPAH, 45 minutes North West of Perth. www.allangreen.ca www.catherinegreen. net www.crystalearthhealingspa.com 613479-0299 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rolfing MIRANDA GREENACRE (Dayvis) Advanced Rolfing Practitioner 400 Pleasant Park Rd. Ottawa, On. K1H 5N1 (613) 866 2427
• Room for Rent Workshop space and therapy rooms available at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
• Schools THE 8TH FIRE - School for professional training and development in the Algonquin Healing Arts of Shamanism, Spiritual Healing, and Energy Medicine. Two-year professional training program and certification offered, among the most comprehensive Shamanic Training programs in the world, taught by a Traditional Algonquin Medicine Person. Many teachings are unique and exclusive to this training alone. Phone 613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com for more info. ASCENSION HEALING - 2-Year Certification Program provides complete training in the ancient arts of Crystal and Shamanic Healing | 5-Day Crystal Healing Certificate | Drunvalo Melchizedek’s Awakening the Illuminated Heart Workshop and more… | Call Karen Osborne at 613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca
• Shamanism (Traditional & Authentic) ALGONQUIN MEDICINE MAN - Spiritual Healing & Energy Medicine, offering a comprehensive listing of services and ceremonies to help facilitate healings on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. Traditionally trained Algonquin Healer available at (613) 274-3708 or www.The8thFire.com. TIM YEARINGTON NATIVE TEACHINGS Algonquin Traditional Knowledge: Medicine Wheel teachings, Thunderbird medicine, Serpent medicine, Seven Grandfather teachings, Manitous & Animal totems, Fire Bird healing ceremonies, Sacred Fire ceremonies, spiritual counseling, personal medicine work & training, guided medicine walks in nature & wildereness vision quests. Also public speaking & storytelling. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-725-5225 www.timyearington.com
• Shamanism ASCENSION HEALING - Comprehensive Crystal Shamanic Healing services for people, animals and land offered for more than 10 years | 2-year Certification Program provides complete training in Crystal Shamanic Healing | Call Karen Osborne at
613-798-2828 | email@example.com | www.ascensionhealing.ca LINDA ENERGY HEALER - Highly effective Shamanic sessions for anxiety, childhood issues, depression, abuse, pain, grief. In person or distance, clients worldwide. People & pets. 613-868-8468 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lindaenergyhealer.com IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT, experience traditional ceremonies and medicine that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Distance Healing also available. SatDaya Williams at 447 Holland Ave Unit 3, Ottawa, 613-761-5982, www.holisticottawa.com, email@example.com
• Shiatsu NATURAL HEALTH THERAPEUTIC CENTRE. Shiatsu, Reflexology, Lymph drainage, Massage. Twenty years experience. Receipts for extended health plans. Free parking. By appointment only: 613-798-8385. Lincoln Heights Rd. www.naturaltherapeutic.ca
• Skin Care NATURAL BODYCARE by a certified aromatherapist. Natural makeup, cleaning products: Planet Botanix, 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444 HOLISTIC ESTHETICIAN provide organic skin care product that purifie the skin - incorage skin self regulate. 613-526-1255.
• Sound Healing DEEP SOUL SINGING – Healing Vocals & Singing Bowls. Body/Soul/Mind. Individual/ group. Singer/songwriter/musician: Pamela Holm MTA www.DeepSoulEnergetics.com 613-829-1556.
• Sound Healing Massage COMBINING CRYSTAL BOWLS, tuning forks and other sound healing instruments to enhance your relaxation experience. Julie certified Orthotechnician (massage) since 1994. 613-254-8469.
• Spa Days www.wellbeingisyours.com Rica 613-257-8362
• SPHE-RE NEW TO OTTAWA! In Pain? Experience this new Divine healing energy. www.SacredPeaceHealing.com
• Spiritual Centre OTTAWA SPIRITUAL PATHWAYS CENTRE, Weekly services, Sundays 10:30 a.m. with Rev. Nicole Moronval, President and Founder, Westboro Masonic Hall, 430 Churchill ave. N. ottawaspiritualpathways.com
• Spiritual Counselling FACILITATOR & GUIDE: ConstellationWork, Soul Talk, creative meditation practices, reiki. Workshops/individual sessions Diana ClaireDouglas. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850.
• Spiritual Direction A ONE YEAR ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM for spiritual directors. The program is grounded in the Jewish wisdom tradition with an integrated interfaith component. Visit our website trainingforspirituality.ca or email us at email@example.com
• Spiritual Medium ANGELA AZARIA, PSYCHIC MEDIUM & SPIRITUAL COACH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 913 8511, www.loveheals.ca
• Stress Reduction EXPLORATION OF 4 THEMES and simple strategies to reduce stress. Gisèle Cossette, B.A.,Wellness & Life Coach, 819-431-3888, email@example.com
• Systemic Constellation Work CONSTELLATIONS WITH SPIRIT: personal, family, & soul transformation individual & group sessions Diana Claire Douglas. www.inspiritworks. com firstname.lastname@example.org 613-820-8850
• Tai Chi WEEKLY TAI CHI (Yang style) classes at PranaShanti (PS) Yoga Centre. Every Tuesday night from 7:30-9pm. Suited for both beginner and intermediate practitioners. For more info call Jürgen Portz at 613-7217888 or PS at 613-761-9642.
TAROT INTERPRETATION BY SUZANNE DUC. Private consultation and party readings available. Home page at www.facebook.com/ sdtarot. Contact (613) 841-2597 or suzanne. email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
• Thai Massage LORI MACKAY RMT- Thai massage stretches the whole body and helps remove deeply held tension in the muscles. 418 Rideau St.613241-3434 Free Parking. For more info contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lorirmt.ca BODY POETS MASSAGE THERAPY - Skilled RMTs - Many Modalities - Convenient Hours - Online Booking - Downtown Location - Free Parking - Gift Certificates. 504 Kent St. (At Arlington) Visit www.bodypoets.com or call 613-222-0465. Step into the Circle of Care!
• Therapeutic Touch THERAPEUTIC TOUCHª - profound relaxation, pain relief, supports healing all levels. Can be applied in acute, chronic or emotional conditions. House calls, hospital visits available. Will treat animals. Barbara Schuster, TTNO-Recognized Practitioner. 613-8204303, www.theflowersofaeskulap.com
• Theta Healing FILOMENA LAVIGNE is a spiritual - intuitive, advanced certified Theta Healing Practitioner, Reiki-Master and IET Master-Instructor: She believes wherever you are is always the perfect place to start uncovering, healing and evolving into the song of your truest heart. The song that declares your divinity and wholeness and brings forth into your life the beauty that is residing in your truest brilliant-self. Appointments in person or by telephone at 613-596-9249 or email at email@example.com
• Visceral Manipulation
• Tantra YOGA OF LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP. The pleasurable way to Enlightenment. Course and consultations for individuals and couples. Celeste S. Vermette, certified with the Chandra Bindu Tantra Institute. 613-565-9303. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tarot TAROT AND CARTOUCHE READINGS: I have been reading cards since 1986 and use the Mother Peace Tarot deck as well as the Cartouche deck. Eleanor Ann Rowan 613-746-6778 PERSONAL READINGS Tarot-Astrology Judy Jibb 613 304 4255, email@example.com TAROT READINGS with DAVID CLOUDS. If you’re looking for a Reading, it’s a good indication that you would benefit from having one. I have a home practice and make house calls. Please visit my website, davidclouds.com, or ring 613 619 5977
DENISE GAULIN, B.A., CST offers visceral manipulation sessions for adults, children and infants. She is a certified CranioSacral therapist and has a specialization in pediatric CST and VM. By appointment. Tel. 613-738-9080 AVIVA COHEN, Happy Body Works on Main Street, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613697-5644. Receipts available. Gentle hands-on abdominal treatment dialogues with body’s proprioceptive awareness, facilitating physical and emotional trauma release. Improves structure and function. Complements conscious eating, exercise and supplementation for optimal health.
• Visionary Art SPIRITPAINTING® – using the Lightwolf method. Offering workshops, exhibitions, books, reproductions, and originals on paper and larger pieces on canvas. Commissioned spiritpaintings® and readings are also available. For more information contact: Jen 613266-8063 email@example.com or see www.spiritpainting.com
DIRECTORY • Web Design A WELL-DESIGNED WEBSITE will help spread your message and grow your business. Contact us, and get an effective online presence today! www.dewpoint.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-236-5758.
• Weddings WEDDING CEREMONIES. Rev. Evelyn Richter 613-596-2817; email@example.com; www.revev.ca CO-CREATE THE GOWN OF YOUR DREAMS! Wedding, handfasting, commitment ceremony attire for all - bring your ideas to life for your special day. Tracey at 613-241-3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolio: www.tav-creations.com MARTINO‘S BRIDAL ALTERATIONS AND TAILORING. 30 years experience Tailoring for the whole family .by app. 613-739-5034 Martino2527@hotmail.com
• Weight Management LOVE YOUR BODY WORKSHOP ~ discover the power of proven hypnosis techniques to easily re-pattern your thoughts, beliefs, habits about food, your body & yourself. Imagine what it would feel like to make friends with your body - forever. Visit: www.empowerhypnosis.ca 613.282.6001 email@example.com
• Wholistic Dentist DR. PAUL GREENACRE. tel: (613) 234-5758; firstname.lastname@example.org; 100-152 Gloucester Street, Ottawa
• Workshops GROUNDING AND THE ART OF CREATING SACRED SPACE A two-day workshop about creating boundaries, clearing the aura, learning how to clear a space, how to be present and secure in your own energy field. Ideal workshop for energy workers, massage therapists, lawyers, social workers and anyone anywhere who works with or lives closely with others. For information and registration call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-2282272, or by e-mail at email@example.com QUANTUM-TOUCH: The Power to Heal Certificate workshop in Quantum-Touch therapy, a powerfully simple modality that will transform your ideas about your health and your life. This wonderful modality can be used with other modalities and is very helpful for self-healing, distance healing, working with clients, friends, family, pets, water, and gardens. For information, call Aileen’s Oasis at 613-228-2272, aileen@ aileensoasis.com and www.aileensoasis.com.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS with an esoteric approach using hypnosis and NLP. For more info visit www. TheSuccessRoom.ca or call 613.699.4555
the year. 100+ free parking spaces, complimentary tea served all day. Relax, take your time, leave feeling renewed. Drop in for a visit! 613.761.9642 (YOGA) www.pranashanti.com
Check out WWW.PLANETBOTANIX.COM for a full listing of upcoming workshops/certifications! 301 Bank (Somerset) 567-4444
ADI SHAKTI YOGA CENTRE IN ORLÉANS/ OTTAWA EAST serving with gratitude since 2003. Director/Owner: Lise Ram Das Latulippe. Ottawa’s Home of KUNDALINI Yoga: humanity’s most ancient yoga. Beginners & Advanced classes of uplifting, fun & highly informative Kundalini Yoga taught by professionally certified teachers. Enjoy our healing ambiance, heavenly music, a cup of tea & community spirit. Private classes; Personalized Health-Longevity-Vitality Program; Yogic Numerology; Nutrition consultations; Reiki treatments & training; Vedic cooking classes; Yogic workshops; Annual Women’s Yoga Retreats; Concerts; Gong relaxation evenings; Pre-natal friendly yoga; Sunrise Kundalini Sadhana; Eng. & French classes; Books, CDs, DVDs, soaps, teas, mats, clothing. We are the Yoga gem of Ottawa East - Come Feel Great... One Breath at a Time! 1445-A Youville Drive, 2nd Fl., Orléans. www.AdiShaktiYogaCentre.com Call 613 824-9189
• Yoga MOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRES serving Ottawa’ west end in Nepean and Kanata since 2003. Over 30 classes per week per location. Hot Power, Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative. Workshops and teacher trainings. www.mountaingoatyoga.com RAMA LOTUS YOGA CENTRE is your yoga studio. Are you stressed? Anxious? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? We’ve got you covered. With 100+ weekly yoga and meditation classes in a variety of styles there is something for everyone (sometimes even soup!). Not in the mood for yoga just yet? Come shop, socialize, sip on our house tea, read from our community library or drop off a food bank donation. Can’t afford yoga rates? Let’s talk. Work exchange, student rates, early morning, donation, like we said, we’ve got you covered, because yoga is for everyone. www.ottawayoga.com 613.234.7974 342 Gladstone Ave YOGA & TEA STUDIO. Located on 10 acres of land in the beautiful village of Carp, near the Carp Farmer’s Market. Over 20 classes a week, for all ages, sizes and life-stages! Beginners, Hatha, Yin, Kundalini, Hot, Gentle, Restorative, Prenatal, Baby&Me, Kid’s yoga and more! Yoga Teacher Training certification course available - see website. Nice selection of yoga mats, bolsters and other props, DVDs, CDs. Complimentary tea after each class! Experience yoga in the country fresh air just minutes from the urban outskirts! Conveniently close to Kanata, Stittsville and Almonte! Beautiful drive, peaceful setting, lots of free parking, why go downtown? 613-304-6320, www.yogaandtea.com GENTLE YOGA AND MEDITATION. Mondays in Crystal Beach (just west of Bayshore). 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Maki House Community Centre. 19 Leeming Drive. Julie 613-254-8469 PRANASHANTI YOGA CENTRE. A full-service wellness centre in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa near the Parkdale Market minutes from downtown and numerous public transportation stops. In our custom designed eco-friendly 8,000-sq.ft centre, our dedicated team of teachers and therapists offer a wide variety of classes in 4 spacious studios and specially designed therapies in our Consultation spaces. Our soothing atmosphere and inspiring setting will help you cultivate a deep inner state of body centered restful awareness that will benefit every aspect of your life. Our spa-like change rooms with ample showers, Infrared Sauna and full service boutique further support your healthy lifestyle. Open 7 days/week, 80+ classes/week. Workshops, teacher training programs, concerts and events offered throughout
SATTVA YOGA - A Kanata Yoga Experience Classes taught integrating a variety of yoga styles (Kripalu, Viniyoga, Structural Yoga, Vinyasa) as well as Somatic Movement & Pilates. A practice of balance, integration and compassion is offered: centering, breath work, warm-ups, flowing & static poses, relaxation, meditation and reflection. All levels welcome. Jo-Anne Stasiuk, MA. Professional Level Yoga Certification. 592-5936 or sattvayoga.ca MAITREYA YOGA STUDIO offers you an amazing atmosphere where you can take a break from everyday life and find your own authentic mind/body experience. Over 25 classes weekly on our Open Class Schedule. Visit us online for our Registered Classes and Workshops at www.maitreyayoga.com or contact us at 613-692-1515. PATHWAY YOGA. A beautiful, welcoming studio in the heart of Westboro. Learn how Iyengar yoga can lead body and breath, heart and mind along a brighter, healthier pathway. www.pathwayyoga.ca 613 8069642 346 Richmond Road, 2nd floor WISHINGTREE YOGA CENTRE—Yoga in Kanata. For all ages, beginner to experienced practitioner. Traditional, Hot Power, Hatha, Sound, Kundalini, Yin, Ashtanga, Restorative, 50+, Hatha flow, Meditation, Kirtan and Family Yoga. May your wishes come true. www.wishingtreeyoga.ca GENTLE YOGA, YIN & MORE. Right in Osgoode, drop in or registered classes. www.innerathletes.net
• Zenith Omega CATHERINE GREEN, CANADIAN REGIONAL: Teacher/Facilitator Dissolve Emotional, Mental, Physical Blocks. Embrace Positive Change. DNA Upgrade Long Distance Available. firstname.lastname@example.org 613-479-0299 www.catherinegreen.net
Mastery and The New Now
e have heard for years of the accelerated pace of life and the times of change that are called the New Age, the Age of Aquarius, and now, the Ascension Times. No doubt they are here. For all the preparation and anticipation we have been involved in since the Harmonic Convergence of the late 1980’s; do these days not feel different? My world feels new and full of surprises. My day to day life is taking me by surprise constantly, and I am enjoying everything so far....and feeling a little bit ‘out of my depth’, ‘stretched’. Some moments are vertiginous, as though I am free-falling blindly down an abyss. I have no idea what might be coming next. As I understand the material that I read and study about this period of our development, our personal and collective challenge is to focus on our Divine Essence while living in these bodies. It is to know ourselves as the spark of Creator and to stay grounded in our bodies and active here on a planet of change and metamorphosis. In many sources this part of our identity is called our I AM Presence. As in the biblical introduction, when God says to Moses, “I AM That I AM” ( Exodus 3:14), we are to know ourselves as the essence of this same I AM. In this way, we can know every other thing in creation to be a part of that I AM as well, for No Thing has been created except by the one Creator. The planet, therefore, is also with us in this time of accelerated expansion and change, and we with Her. The practicality and the ‘how-to’ of maintaining awareness of our Divinity in the face of life lived at such a quickening pace is my life’s work. It is not taught in school, in most homes, nor even in our churches and houses of worship. Long ago they took to looking outside of the individual human being for Divinity. Collectively we have looked to our Intellect and Science, we have looked to material wealth and technology, and we have looked to gods, goddesses and their interceptors as sources of salvation. We have gotten out of the habit and the knowing that inside each of us lives and breathes the Creator of ALL. In this New Now, this time of Ascension, we are invited to re-claim ourselves, reclaim our spiritual development and come to know that the multidimensional beings that we are and have always been can and do express themselves beautifully and faithfully through these incarnated forms we inhabit and have sometimes disregarded as ‘mere bodies’. From
a spiritual perspective, these bodies are a great blessing and joy. They are an indispensible component of our growth, of this leading edge experience of expansion and they serve perfectly, as they were designed to. There are many paths to embodying your I AM Presence. We have lived and studied some of them as yoga, as the mystical forms of the great religions, and the mystery schools. Now is the time for Mastery. Never has there been as much openness, freedom and access; in our culture and between the multi dimensions of spirit which we inhabit. It is time to learn and embody, to walk with on a daily basis, those great truths and the knowledge that is yet available, that is being given anew, that we are capable of and is required of us if we wish to fully enjoy our birthright Creators. Why, we need these skills just to maintain our balance and get out of bed in the morning! Celeste Susan Vermette teaches Breath Mastery and Reiki Mastery, and Self Mastery through Tantra practises http://tayll.weebly.com/ http://sexspiritcoach.weebly.com/
THE ULTRA IMMUNE BOOSTER Bio-Electric Technology Is now in Westboro!
Relief from fibromyalgia, leukemia, multiple sclerosis, cancer, digestive problems, chemotherapy, etc...
Good health or your money back!
Have you ever had recurring numbers pop up time and time again, in your life? 333, 222, or 111.
As some of you might know, my gig is intuitive numerology. When you understand where you are, in your cycle, and who you are according to numerology, you will have a wonderful new tool that will help you improve your life. You have to start somewhere and RIGHT NOW is the perfect place to begin. Where he number 333 has haunted me for the last 30 years. are you in June of 2014 and how can you use this At one point, it was actually starting to drive me a knowledge for your highest benefit? Check out my bit nuts. I would and still do wake up for no apparent column “Laura’s Numerology News”. All the best to reason at 3:33 a.m., time and time again. I see 333 on you for the month of June! Laura Young is an Intuitive Numerologist and Core Belief license plates, parking spots, documents and just about anywhere else you would find random numbers. Not Modification Coach. Located in Ottawa. For Personal Consultations please email: email@example.com or call 613-725just once in awhile, but on a very regular basis. Metaphysical author, “Doreen Virtue”, explains the 7232. Skype and phone sessions are available number 333 in her book called “Angel numbers 101”, this way. The meaning of number 333: “You are completely surrounded, protected, loved and guided by the benevolent ascended masters”. This made sense to me and brought me comfort and a confirmation that I was indeed on the right path in To all who ever tried to love another..... my life. I mean if the ascended masters had my back, how could I go wrong....right? According to the laws of numerology 333 is a master number and has the same kind of special meaning. Now when the number 333 pops up randomly, I just smile and say “THANK YOU”. I had the misfortune, last week to experience a flat tire while I was driving my Mom to one of her many doctor’s appointments. Panic set in as I was running late and I had to get Mom back home and then be back in my office within the hour to see clients. I determined that it would be quicker to call a cab, leave my car behind, get Mom home, and then have the driver take me directly to my house. I knew that I could count on From ancient sacred teachings: my wonderful husband, Jeff, to help me fix and retrieve my car later. The next morning we headed to the Empty your mind. Forget everything that you have ever parking lot to do just this. Jeff took control and got right done before, forget all the “techniques”. Lift your desire up to business. He took out the tire and proceeded to set to your heart; breathe your desire in and out of your heart. up the jack. I was reminded that I really should be able Concentrate totally on me. Not on your fantasy of me, not to do this myself. The reality is, I’m a bit of a princess on your other fantasies, not on anyone from your past or when it comes to these types of things and don’t like present. Just me. to get my hands dirty if I don’t have to. Feeling a bit useless I grabbed the spare tire and brought it to Jeff Listen to your hands, your lips, your skin. Feel with all who had the car jacked up in a flash and was ready to of your senses. Feel with your whole body. Know that the go. The spanking new little tire had never seen the light sacred force that is now flowing through you and me is of day as I had not experienced a flat since I owned this the same force that created everything in our Universe: car. I laughed when I saw what was written on the tire. the stars, the sun, the moon, our beloved Earth, her trees, Written clearly in large bold white lettering was the flowers, animals and us. number 333. You would think that after all these years Dive in and let your whole being be carried away by this I would not be surprised when 333 appears, but I still current that is always flowing, pulsing through everything am. I smiled and just said “THANK YOU”, as usual. I living. Live and breathe with the whole Universe, become a guess the “ascended masters” were watching out for me part of the Eternal Heartbeat. again, and their protection was in the form of a spare It is said that from the energy of such sacred union, the tire and a husband that could change it for me. I am beauty of the Universe is created... indeed blessed. I swear if I ever have the courage to get a tattoo it will Written by Elena be the number 333 and the words, “THANK YOU”!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
How to break up without breaking down
he wonderful thing about challenging life circumstances is they give us an opportunity to . . . ugh . . . GROW! But not only that, they are real-life experiments by which you can see whether your yoga (any spiritual practice) is fulfilling its intended purpose: to relieve suffering. Nothing challenges a positive state of mind like heart-wrenching heartbreak. I was thrilled to be given the chance to see myself through one of late. I’m proud to say that I went from fetal position, barely breathing, to rare reminiscing in just two short weeks. I attribute this to yoga and meditation, which have provided me with mental discipline. If you’re enduring anything of the like but don’t have those tools readily available, here’s a recap of how to break up without breaking down. 1. Go through your home with a fine-toothed comb, gathering all sentimental items (including trinkets or jewellery and especially his clothes) and dispose of immediately. Burn incense to clear the house of stagnant energy. 2. Invest in yourself. This is best done with book splurges or shopping sprees. Tally up enough toys and your attention will quickly shift to your mounting debt, leaving little concern for the insignificances of lost love. 3. Train your mind to focus. Now, this is the key. In mastering this discipline, you will not require any shopping sprees, rebound relationships, or self-help books to move on. Why? Because the sadness is ALL IN YOUR HEAD. This does not suggest it’s imagined, but that--to the contrary--your reality exists within the frenzied halls of your mind. Watch your thoughts and the second they veer towards nonsensical versions of “I’m unlovable” or “I’ll always be alone” or “He was so perfect,” immediately shift gears and focus on a more pleasant reality: “Damn, life is good.” “I’m healthy, happy, free to do what I love, and open to my next adventure. Bring it on!”
I’m here to tell you the absolute truth: Train your mind and you can enjoy a sense of deep inner peace and contentment, untouched by ANY outside circumstance or situation. In addition to proving the capacity of yoga to lift you out of the self-pitying dumps and carry you to higher levels, I also learned a fascinating lesson: The person you fall in love with is NOT the same person you dump (or who dumps you). This is an important revelation for several reasons. Nothing is more gutwrenchingly discerning than looking at someone you [think you] love and thinking, “Who ARE you?” And I don’t mean this in a “I can’t believe you wear holey socks” kind of way. I mean in that unnerving Shakespearean foreshadowing- the-climax-of-a-great-tragedy kind of way. Solution: I highly recommend any serious relationship undergo at least one mock breakup. Hold tight for a couple of weeks. Take space. See what new character traits develop. Perhaps most importantly, wish your beloved health, healing, and the same capacity to move on. For after all, we’re all just handling this thing we call life in the best way we know how. Eryn Kirkwood is a health and wellness coach who teaches yoga in the Barrhaven area. For more information or just to say hi, go to www.ErynsYoga.com.
Sound Balancing with Tuning Forks
Experience deep relaxation and enhanced well being
Serenity Wellness Services 613-‐254-‐8469
Laura’s Numerology News for June 2014
Add the day of your birth to the month of your birth. Then you will add the number 4 to your number. NOTE – If your final number adds up to double digits, add the numbers together again, and again, if you have to, until you get a single number. If you still have trouble, email me at email@example.com
1. It is all about lots of hard work and duty for you this month. Have you found that this year is a pain in the butt so far? You may find a very small window of opportunity to factor in a BIT of fun, but the key word is “bit”. The entire year’s events might create a knot in your forehead. This will pass. 2. This would be an excellent month to take a trip or spend quality time with the family. Get the heck out of the office, as everything come to a big halt, and will only add frustration to your life. Slow down, find Zen and hang on to it for the summer. 3. There will be a new spring in your step and you will feel a new life in your exhausted old bones. The world will seem brighter and there will be more opportunities for fun. Try to focus on creative and social pursuits around the home, or with your family. 4. Have you been placing issues connected to your body and mind on hold for far too long? I know that you are very, very busy, but you cannot ignore it any longer. If you do you will get a big slap in the head. Pay attention and regenerate yourself now! 5. Is your work life in a state of chaos or change? Watch your mouth and be very careful what you say as it might get you in trouble later. If there are changes needed at work, take the reins and move forward and sell yourself, now. This is a super business influence, so use it well. 6. Your attention will be focused on your loved ones, in June. This whole year will focus on tying up loose ends and projects but the month of June is about concluding any issues around the house or family. Dress light as your emotions could run hot and runny. 7. Have you been thinking about your goals, for the future, yet? What are you waiting for? You are in the first year of a nine year chunk of time, and this is a 7 month, so it is all about you and your goals, now. Do you want a new career, new home or a new love? Make a plan and build for the future now.
8. Career or money restrictions will stop you from either taking a vacation or enjoying it. There will be a surplus of work thrown in your face, this month. You are being stretched beyond yourself. The result will be a new and better you, but you will work hard for it. 9. Pack your bags as it is time for you take a well deserved holiday. If money is low, kick back have a few buddies in for a BBQ. You could experience some endings in June, but this is important, so that new doors can open as early as July. Do not start anything new, just tie up loose ends and get ready for a light switch to be thrown into the ON position very soon Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist and core belief modification coach. She is located in Ottawa, but can conduct phone or skype consultations anywhere. For personal consultations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-725-7232.
What can Numerology do for you? Numerology is a study of numbers. There is evidence that numerology was in use thousands of years ago in China, Greece and Egypt even before the time of Pythagoras, who is generally accepted as the "father" of numerology. Why is numerology still in use and of interest to so many? It is because it works, that is why. • Are you currently at a major cross-road in your life? Should you make a decision or move forward now or wait? • Numerology can help you uncover hidden talents and turn them into a career. • An analysis of partners, children, friends or co-workers can help you deal with them more efficiently. • Numerology can help you heal from past issues and move on. • Help you understand how you can use the current year, month and day for its best influence. • Be more aware of your own areas of weakness and learn how to turn them into strengths. Stop repeating history once and for all. Laura Young is an intuitive numerologist/life coach living in Ottawa. She has written “Laura’s numerology News” in Tone Magazine for over 8 years. To book an appointment or receive Laura’s monthly newsletter please email L.BAIRD@ISTAR.CA or call 613-725-7232
Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course in Wakefield September 20, 2014 ~ June 14, 2015 One weekend/month over 10 months Registration closes June 11 Suzanne Montford, E-RYT 500
email email@example.com to receive an application form
visit http://www.energiesofaliveness.ca for more information ~ 819-459-2938
The Profits of Spirit:
Ten Years of the Cosmic Pathways Healing Fair By Debra A. Grant
Karen has fashioned the Cosmic Pathways Healing Fair into a major annual event on the Ottawa calendar,” declares Dr. Ian Prattis, founder of Friends for Peace, a coalition of peace- and social justice-oriented groups who frequently benefit from Karen Osborne’s non-profit alternative healing affair. As executive director of this year’s (Sunday) June 22 event, she oversees volunteers and invitation-only practitioners who donate time and services to raise funds for selected non-profit charitable organizations, while raising awareness and providing affordable opportunities for the public to experience a wide variety of alternative modalities to heal body, mind and spirit. “It was an honour to be invited,” says energy healer/medium Lisa Virtue. “Karen is a wonderful soul who is very kind, generous and deeply cares about humanity and the planet.” This year marks the 10th anniversary of providing the $10 ‘mini-sessions’ offered for energy healings, naturopathy, homeopathy, shiatsu, allergy testing, reflexology, meridian tapping, crystals, shamanism, sacred geometry, sound healing and much more. Not to mention the usual “readings” and consultations which include angels, oracle cards, astrology, Tarot, totems and Feng Shui for this year’s edition. In her role as a “crystal and shamanic healer,” Karen is also one of the fair’s practitioners and participants in the free-withadmission speaking program. “Healing is a process of remembering who we are, releasing who we have been and reclaiming what we have lost,” states this modest healer, teacher and trainer. She explains her shamanic path as a “life of service” working with “energy, the Laws of Earth, the elements and the medicines of plants, animals and crystals to restore balance where it is needed.” Karen Osborne’s life of service periodically takes her to Peru, where she crossed paths with Alianza Arkana, a “grassroots alliance” involved with “creating a clean, just and sustainable future for the Amazon rainforest,” including its indigenous people and traditions. She learned that the alliance had created university scholarship programs to assist Shipibo youth seeking to serve their people via relevant professional training. Two candidates from this program still wait for adequate funding, thus they were selected by Karen to receive financial assistance via proceeds from the 2014 edition of the Cosmic Pathways Healing Fair. “She is a gem to be treasured,” says Dr. Prattis.
Other gems can be found via this year’s speaking program, including David Kane (“Monoatomic Gold”), Allan Green (“Dragons in Human Form”), Karen Jones & Karen Osborne (“Shamanic Light Language Journey”), and Lisa Virtue channeling angel/spirit information for the gathered audience. This year’s music program – “Raven and the Light Tree” – features a “spontaneous co-creation” via the voices and crystal bowls of Jeremy Sills and Naomi Athena. The one-hour event promises to “weave a deep tapestry of high vibration frequency, in which profound awareness, transformation and healing may occur.” Whatever your experience is at this fair … “All roads lead to God,” says Karen. “You cannot step in the wrong direction. You can only learn.” The Sunday, June 22, 2014 Cosmic Pathways Fair takes place between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Avenue (map). $10. mini-sessions for energy healings, readings and consultations. Free ‘talks’ and concert. Raw, organic, vegetarian food options. Extensive shopping experience includes angels, artwork, spiritual books and CDs, Tibetan bowls, natural body care and eco-products, oracle cards, crystals, shamanic supplies. $8 admission fee. For more information, visit www.cosmicpathways. ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Community Through Drumming
ome and join Jody Marsolais of The RythymRoom for an Energizing and Fun filled 2 hour drumming workshop. The workshop will take place on June 14, 2014 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Woodroffe United Church in Ottawa. Entrance at the north door, banqueting room is on the 1st floor\up a small flight of stairs and turn left. Call or E-Mail Jody to Register - $30 before June 4th $35 after June 4th. No experience necessary, and drums are provided or bring your own. Here is a great opportunity to come out learn a new skill or sharpen your existing ones, have a great time, and meet new people. Jody is a certified drum Teacher through Vic Firth and has 24 years of teaching Experience. The session begins with everyone sitting in a circle so that they have eye contact with everyone else. The circle also represents Oneness! The session will include: - Basic hand techniques and how to make each one sound good. - Basic patterns for moving around the main areas of the drum. - Learn basic to intermediate World Rhythms and basic ensembles. - Team Building Elements in the form of exciting games with Brain Gym! - Experience a feeling of Oneness as the group plays together on a large Native Northern drum (Gathering Drum) - The afternoon comes to a close with our finally “Survivor Theme”. Our modern medicine has recently begun to understand the many benefits to drumming as our ancient ancestors knew. A few of these are: - Coping with stress and anxiety - Feelings of freedom, physically, mentally, and emotionally. - Better focus and concentration (Brain Gym). - Feelings of belonging and community - Positive outlet to combat aggression\bullying - Great joy and confidence. - Strengthens immune system - Lowers blood pressure - Building Community - Self Empowering
Basically all cultures had used drumming to create or form a bond together; it began with the family and extended out into the community. This allowed people to feel close to each other as well as creating a sense of belonging. It is basically a form of “breaking bread together” as in the scriptures, and is the very reason why business people discuss business matters over lunch. The drum is an ancient Bio Feedback Machine that has the ability to entrain specific brain wave patterns i.e. Alpha, Theta etc. Theta is where our whole being gets to recharge and repair from the many daily stresses imposed on us, as well as better memory, creativity and learning capabilities to name a few. Some people are not able to experience Alpha state and thus “Burn Out”! Alpha is known to reduce stress, anxiety, and even combat insomnia. Drumming is known as the ultimate Brain Gym exercise which helps us to better our focus and concentration. The act of drumming entails a bi lateral cross limb movement which develops many new pathways in the brain and thus improves the capacity of the left and right hemispheres of the brain to communicate most proficiently. Today most Fortune 500 companies are using drumming on a regular basis to help improve overall health and efficiency of their employees and instill a sense of belonging and appreciation. The list could go on and on. Do the research for self, and what best way to start then with a Drum Workshop! Look forward to seeing you there! Do the research yourself, and what best way to start then with a Drum Workshop!
herapeutic C Health T entr l a r u e t Na Shiatsu ~ Reflexology ~ Massage ~ Lymph Drainage Combination Of Techniques To Better Address Your Needs Over 20 years experience ~ By appointment only Free parking ~ Students/Senior rates ~ Receipts Lincoln Fields area, Ottawa • 613-798-8385
Learning Disability or Dyslexia? Conversation with a Davis Facilitator, Carl Nigi
with language-based learning difficulties, dyslexia and AD/HD. Once you have awareness of the reason for a problem and “correct it”, the problem ceases to exist. This approach is unique as the program gives the dyslexic an understanding and solutions for dyslexia, lifelong success with learning and academics studies. For many people, what Davis is saying is bold and somewhat unbelievable. If we condensed it down, he’s saying. “This is what causes learning problems. It’s not “damage” or a “disability”. It’s based on a talent, which is a Gift, and this is how the problems can be overcome!
hat does the word Dyslexia mean? This is where the confusion begins for many people. The two parts of the word “Dyslexia” are Latin. “dys” meaning “difficulty” or “impaired”; think of it as “does not” or “cannot”. “lexia” meaning “written or spoken word”. So Dyslexia means someone who has “difficulty understanding the written or spoken word”. Dyslexia was the first name given, the ‘root’ name, for the symptoms of learning disabilities, and this is way the Davis program uses it. Contact Carl Nigi Tel: 613-558-7797 or Are ADD, ADHD or Learning Disabilities the same overcomingdyslexia.ca as Dyslexia? From our point of view they are. Simply speaking, someone who has AD/HD is doing the same thing a dyslexic is doing. The difference is that they are doing it more often. So the symptoms of their dyslexia are amplified and therefore look A Course in Miracles like different symptoms altogether. At Can dyslexia, ADD or ADHD be cured? Course Oasis Wanting to “cure” a person of dyslexia is like asking “can we cure someone of their smile or Text Study and Workbook Pracitce Groups, sense of humor”? Dyslexia, AD/HD are not the Meetings, Courses, Indiividual Support, result of a brain injury or neurological defect. Books and Other Resources Davis programs are not a “cure.” They are Mary Anne Buchowski understanding and success for a person, and that 613-726-0195 ! email@example.com ! www.courseoasis.org is far bigger thing. Why is Dyslexia a gift? To others, people with dyslexia and AD/HD seem so bright and skilled in many areas of their lives; at the same time stuck with the “simple things” like reading and paying attention, that this is baffling. What is their skill based on? Ron Davis explains this is in his book as a “perceptional talent.” Dyslexics are visual, multidimensional thinkers. They are intelligent, intuitive, highly creative and very inquisitive. Many dyslexics have gone on to have outstanding careers, once they have come to understand their creative abilities that came from their dyslexia. What is the Davis™ Method? The approach is not based on tutoring or drill, but actually resolves the root causes of problems
Ask a Naturopathic Doctor
When to Use Energy Medicine?
nergy medicine is a broad term for therapeutic and diagnostic methods based on subtle energies. Examples include homeopathy, acupuncture, flower essences, healing prayer, Reiki, quantum touch, Biotron sensitivity testing, shamanism, Emotional Freedom Technique, crystals, Angel healing and many more. Research over the years has attempted to prove and disprove the efficacy of energy medicine with a mixture of results. My experience is that energy healing requires deep concentration and results vary according to the healer’s ability to focus at any given time. Under critical observation it is no wonder that experimental results are not consistent. I used to doubt this realm until experiencing it for myself through quite a few methods. There are many types of energy structures associated with the human body: acupuncture meridians and points, energy centres along the midline, layers of energies around us and energies associated with different functions, such as digestion, circulation and elimination. Spiritual traditions describe an energy rising along the spine as awareness awakens and an energetic core of bliss and wisdom called the soul. Depending on their training and equipment, practitioners will assess and treat different aspects of these energetic levels. The Vedas from India, our most ancient scriptures, teach that our soul accumulates extra layers according to positive and negative actions in our life. These layers, or samskaras, influence subsequent lives in a pattern of cause and effect. The goal according to this system is to peel off these layers in order to manifest our best selves. The energy healer in our clinic, Jennifer Presley RMT, has the ability to pick up these influences as energy blocks she can see, translate and connect to a person’s current life, integrating knowledge from several traditions. Often it is these blocks which lead to illness and resist healing. Jennifer has seen cases of disease dissipate when the related blocks shift. She receives help from healing Angels to remove negative entities from individuals, commonly followed by a feeling of increased lightness and relief of symptoms. On the other end of the scale, acupuncture and low dose complex homeopathy, used by many naturopathic doctors, have more of an effect on the physical body. Bach flower remedies work primarily on the emotions and Reiki works by funnelling healing through the practitioner to wherever it is needed. Cindy Fleming offers Reiki at our clinic. When visiting a psychic, information and advice is channelled from the larger energy field we all share,
CARP RIDGE Natural Health Clinic
Naturopathic Doctors - Cancer Care IV Clinic - Food Sensitivity Testing Registered Massage Therapists
2386 Thomas Dolan Parkway, Carp just up the hill where Thomas Dolan intersects with Carp Rd.
www.ecowellness.com described in Lynne Taggart’s book The Field, with startling research confirming energy principles that have been used for thousands of years. When I refer patients to a psychic or energy healer, I remind them that they also have access to this information and will resonate with parts that are useful for them, so to trust their own intuition. The primary reason I refer to psychics is to resolve issues with people who have died, to obtain advice from a higher perspective or to glean information from past lives to help this one. From what I have seen, good energy healers are competent, honest, respectful, grounded and humble, dedicated to doing their best while acknowledging that the healing comes from beyond them. As we deepen our understanding of energy healing, more guiding principles will undoubtedly emerge to clarify this realm. In the meantime, we can exercise due diligence and common sense in choosing what is appropriate for our current healing needs as well as developing our own energetic awareness through practices such as yoga, meditation, prayer and chi gong. Katherine Willow N.D. is a naturopathic doctor and director of Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre who is retiring from practice at the end of this month in order to focus on personal healing, writing and teaching. www.ecowellness.com
Events at Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre OPEN HOUSE Saturday, June 21st 11am - 1pm
food, talks, demos, herb walk, food testing Space available at EcoWellness for Health Practitioners. Special Biotron Tests for Specific Carbohydrates and Cancer Supplements
Sri Chinmoy Answers Question: Are there any breathing techniques that are good for meditation?
SRI CHINMOY: Proper breathing is very important in meditation. When breathing, try to breathe in as slowly and quietly as possible, so that if somebody placed a tiny thread in front of your nose it would not move at all. And when you breathe out, try to breathe out even more slowly than when you breathed in. If possible, leave a short pause between the end of your first exhalation and the beginning of your second inhalation. If you can, hold your breath for a few seconds, but if it is difficult, do not do it. Never do anything that will harm your organs or respiratory system. Sometimes we find it hard to meditate because our subtle nerves are weak. One way to strengthen them is by inhaling and exhaling very, very quietly for a few minutesâ€”say four or five minutesâ€” during our meditation. By breathing in and out as quietly as possible, we will help the subtle nerves become strong. There are other ways to strengthen them but this is the easiest and most effective way. The following breathing technique can also be helpful for meditation. Each time you breathe in, try to feel that you are bringing peace into your body, infinite peace. The opposite of peace is restlessness. When you breathe out, try to feel that you are expelling the restlessness within you and also the restlessness that you see all around you. When you breathe this way, you will find restlessness leaving you. After practising this for a few times, please try to feel that you are breathing in power from the universe. And when you exhale, feel that all your fear is coming out of your body. After doing this a few times, try to feel that what you are breathing in is joy and what you are breathing
MEDITATION Free Ongoing Classes Relaxation, concentration & meditation Developing calmness, confidence & poise S Creating a life of inspiration & happiness S S
Call for dates & locations: 613-232-2387 Offered as a free community service by students of Sri Chinmoy.
out is sorrow, suffering and melancholy. Another technique you can try is to feel that you are breathing in not air but cosmic energy. Feel that tremendous cosmic energy is entering into you with each breath and that you are going to use it to purify your body, vital, mind and heart. Feel that there is not a single place in your body that is not being occupied by the flow of cosmic energy. It is flowing like a river inside you, washing and purifying your whole being. Then, when you start to breathe out, feel that you are breathing out all the rubbish inside you. Feel that you are exhaling anything inside your system that you call undivine, anything that you do not want to claim as your own. It is most important that this breathing be done in a very conscious way, not in a mechanical way. Otherwise, it will not be effective. In the beginning you will have to use your imagination, but if you can breathe this way for five minutes every day, after a while you will see and feel that it is not imagination at all but reality. If you regularly practise this method of breathing, you will soon see its results. Visit www.srichinmoylibrary.com for further writings by Sri Chinmoy.
ROLLANDE THOMPSON Since 1974. Renowned bilingual tarot card reader, palmistry, numerology. Accurate, honest and dependable. My readings consist of guidance in your work, health, love and your finances. I respect my work and will give you only my best. Individual consultations at your service. House parties and my own psychic line. Only a phone call away. Formerly on CFRA, CHIP & Rogers TV Telepsychic Show To book an appointment, please email: info@themystical event.com Rollande is looking forward to seeing you at The Mystical Event September 13 & 14 at the Chateau Cartier, 1170 chemin Aylmer, Gatineau. To book an appointment during the day before, during and after The Mystical Event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please visit www.themysticalevent.com
Bunions and Reflexology By Kymberli Ker, RCRT Registered Canadian Reflexology Therapist
What are Bunions? Bunions, something I see a lot of in Reflexology treatments and many come to me specifically because of them. Bunions are one of the most common foot concerns. If you have one, you know what they are and what they mean. If you don’t, I’ll explain. Keep reading….:) A bunion is a prominent bump on the inside of the foot around the big toe joint. For some, bunions are quite small, for others, large. This bump is actually a bone protruding towards the inside of the foot. With the continued movement of the big toe towards the smaller toes, it is common to find the big toe resting under or over the second toe. This causes a common foot condition called “overlapping toes” and it’s not comfortable. Some of the symptoms of bunions include inflammation, swelling, and soreness on the side surface of the big toe. The discomfort commonly causes a one to walk improperly. Another type of bunion is called a Tailor’s Bunion, also known as a Bunionette. I like to call them “baby bunions”. This type of bunion forms on the outside of the foot towards the joint at the little toe. It is a smaller bump that forms due to the little toe moving inwards, towards the big toe. Reasons Why One Gets Bunions? Bunions are a common problem experienced mostly by women; although men do get them as well. The deformity can develop from abnormal foot function, or arthritis, but is usually caused by wearing improper fitting shoes. Haven’t most of us women at some point worn the wrong kind of shoe only for the sake of looking fashionable??? I know I have. Tight, narrow dress shoes with a constrictive toe area can cause the foot to begin to take the shape of the shoe, leading to the formation of a bunion. Women who have bunions normally wear dress shoes that are too small for their feet. Their toes are squeezed together in their shoes causing the first metatarsal bone to protrude on the side of the foot.
pointy shoes and wear something comfortable, sensible and yes even fashionable…shoes have come a long way baby!! Have regular Reflexology treatments and baby those bunions of yours.
I am an Ottawa based Registered Reflexology Therapist, practicing out of Planet Botanix and The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre. For more information on Reflexology, and to book an appointment, please visit www.OttawaReflexologist.com. I look forward to connecting!!
Daughter of Professor Krishnamurthy
Treating and Preventing Bunions In the early stages of the formation of a bunion, soaking feet in warm water can provide temporary relief. Reflexology can be very beneficial for the pain, swelling and inflammation of a bunion. The best way to alleviate the pain associated with bunions is to wear properly fitting shoes. So ditch the
Practicing and Teaching Stellar and Vedic Astrology Guiding people since 1959 in Finances, Career, Investment, Relationship and Family. Teaching meditation Individual service as well as follow-up queries 1 Woodthrush Green, Ottawa, ON, K1V 0A9
737-5206 • Fax: 739-2973
Let’s breathe life back into your passions!
Reconnecting: Women’s Weekend Getaway In Wine Country
n the hectic lifestyle we live today, it is no wonder that women need to retreat and reconnect with their passions. Juggling home, family, career and social responsibilities, women seem to have less and less time to escape, relax, have fun and let someone else take care of them for a change. That is why Christine Beauregard-Zvalo, certified professional coach and founder of Heart & Soul Coaching and Retreats is hosting her annual Women’s Weekend Getaway in Wine Country - this year’s theme: Courage, Confidence and Celebration to be held on October 10, 11 & 12, 2014, at the elegant Inn at the Huff Estates & Winery nestled amidst a sprawling estate vineyard in the scenic wine country of Bloomfield, Prince Edward County (PEC), Ontario. Surrounded by the majestic waters of Lake Ontario, PEC is a place of tranquility, hospitality and FUN – lots of it! The intent of this Women’s Weekend Getaway is to celebrate the many roles women play in life. Says Christine: “Over the years in both my professional and personal lives, I have coached and talked with many women who have felt stuck or overwhelmed by life’s many challenges, unable to find a way forward. At this retreat, we want to broaden the awareness of women who are determined to find the courage to reconnect to their own life story beyond the many roles they have taken on in life (for example: mother, daughter, sister, friend, spouse, partner, etc). Together we encourage and strengthen each other’s confidence to take charge and play the lead role in our lives and explore the infinite possibilities of living out our passions.” The Getaway program is a unique one, offering workshops and fun life coaching tools to deepen our awareness of both the outlived and unlived parts of
ourselves while reminding us how important it is to make authentic choices towards reaching our goals, realizing our dreams and ultimately crafting our ideal lifestyle. Let yourself be pampered as we welcome you with a wine and cheese reception, take you on an escorted and shuttled threehour wine tasting tour of four distinctive wineries, three-course gourmet meals, a celebration party, guided meditation, panel of amazing women, a goodies bag gifted by the county boutiques, sponsors and Heart & Soul, and of course, chances to win gifts. For more information about Heart & Soul’s Women’s Weekend Getaway in Wine Country, October 10, 11 & 12, 2014, consult the Heart and Soul Coaching and Retreats website at www.heartandsoulcoaching.ca. To register, contact Christine at 613-739-0009 or email to retreat@ heartandsoulcoaching.com. Register by July 4, 2014 and save $50 CDN (pay only $530 CDN + HST) We all need to see and feel our independent power, to search for our life’s meaning, and learn that it is all in here. When we realize this, we no longer need to look outward for affirmation. We can simply begin to sponsor ourselves. –Joan Erickson. A graduate of Erickson International College, as a life, career and management development professional coach, Christine Beauregard-Zvalo has created a unique approach to helping individuals reconnect with their passions in life and accomplish their goals and realize their dreams. Christine enjoys partnering with her clients and elevating them to develop courage and build confidence to create their ideal lifestyle. She honours each client’s values and beliefs and respects that we all have the necessary tools to live our very best life.
The Wellness Clinic at Planet Botanix
Heather Garrod, Certified Aromatherapist and Owner, Planet Botanix
am a firm believer in holistic therapies because they encompass mind, body and spirit-the whole person. In our fast -paced and often stressful lives, we are often focused on the body’s aches and pains without delving into what other issues may be contributing to the ill health. Holistic practitioners also help the client take charge of their own health, which is very empowering. I am very proud of our group of practitioners, who are just as passionate about their healing modaltities as I am about mine. I welcome you to visit us at Planet Botanix, 301 Bank St in Centretown. By appointment: Aromatherapy Massage, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Time Line Therapy, Hypsnosis, Indian Head Massage, Reiki
Susan Beattie: Bowen Therapy Bowen Therapy (aka Bow Tech or Bowenwork is a gentle, effective hands-on treatment for a wide range of health issues and/or injuries. It addresses every system in the body, and can be practiced safely on everyone from the new born through to the elderly with very few exceptions Bowen Therapy is considered one of the fastest growing natural therapies of current times. Bowen Therapy can treat both chronic and acute conditions such as structural pain in muscles and joints, respiratory and digestive issues, stress, anxiety, migraines, fibromyalgia and so much more. Laura Benes: Registered Massage Therapist, Thai Massage, Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage Recognized as a Regulated Health Profession in Ontario, many health insurance benefits plans cover massage therapy by an R.M.T. Reduce stress and stress related illness, increase circulation and improve overall physical wellbeing. Massage therapy is also used to treat a variety of musculo-skeletal conditions such as tendinitis, whiplash, headaches, and other sources of pain in the body.
coaching, mediation and hypnotherapy services to individuals, couples and families. I concentrate on “wholistic” healing and empowerment rather than on being clinical and “helping”. Basically, I form what I call a “Healing Partnership” with the people who come for my services. I tend to be quite eclectic and bring a wide range of skills, techniques, modalities and wisdom to each counselling interaction. My knowledge of Spiritual Emergence and Cellular Consciousness from my Hypnotherapy practice helps in healing wounds that have emotionally blocked people for decades. Kymberli Ker: Reflexology, Indian Head Massage, Reiki Discovering the healing benefits of Reflexology and Yoga was something that Kymberli always found powerful. After years of illness, traditional western medicine was not serving her. By exploring the benefits of Reflexology & Yoga, Kymberli was able to bring a sense of balance to her body and mind. Knowing what these alternative healing therapies could provide, she embarked on a journey to help others find the same and became a Registered Reflexologist & Yoga teacher Erin Lauzon: Integrative Reiki with Crystals and Aromatherapy With ever-changing lives, our human energies are easily affected, for better or worse. Wouldn’t it be lovely to add a stable factor to supplement our inner truth? This is what crystals do! Crystals hold unchanging vibrations and once within our energy field introduce their teachings to our understanding. Crystals are among the tools I use in my Reiki practice. A very special promotion is available at this time.
Richard Haney, Counselling, Hypnosis and Mediation I provide warm, heart-connected and empathetic counselling,
Find us at 301 Bank St in Centretown, between Maclaren and Somerset. www.planetbotanix.com 613.567.4444
Trailing Sky Six Feathers Ian Prattis
y new book is now ready to dance in the daylight. I am so grateful to the many hearts and minds that helped me complete this lifework. It is available in Hardcover, Softcover, E Book and Signed Book. Note that all prices are in US dollars: GO TO: http://www. ianprattis.com/TrailingSky.html Click on ORDER BOOK for Signed Copy Option and for Hardcover, Softcover and E Book. This location has Overview, The Author, Chapter Summaries, Chapter Three, Testimonials, Blog and Order Book features. Trailing Sky Six Feathers illuminates issues that will affect our world for generations to come. This hero’s journey over four centuries of the author’s consciousness is like Indiana Jones meets the Buddha with a dash of Celestine Prophecy; shining light on the darkest elements of the human condition, including my own. Here is the publisher’s Overview: The author is a Zen teacher, Poet, Professor Emeritus, Founder of Friends for Peace, Spiritual Warrior for Planetary Care and Social Justice. In this book he navigates past and present life experiences from brutal raids on Indian settlements in 18th century Arizona, insane sea voyages off the Scottish Hebrides in the 20th century to surrender to The Muse in the 21st century. These screenplay epics weave together to create inspiration for a wide range of spiritual seekers, environmentalists, educators, Generation X and Y, feminists, students and academics alike. We are staring into the abyss: climate change, ecosystem and financial collapse, nuclear breakdown, terrorism and anarchy. Instead of being eaten up by the abyss “Awaken Spiritually” for that transforms everything. Our world has become an unpredictable beast. We fail to work with it intelligently. We must take back control of ourselves and this is a spiritual matter. An exciting Hero’s Journey, as we follow his journey to accept The Muse capable of transforming his karma. The story has the author stumbling through the first part of life, then standing strong in his own sovereignty in the latter part. In India, Arizona, France and Canada’s wilderness, he goes to extraordinary lengths to transform four centuries of karma. Readers will travel the pages with Ian as he learns to embrace The Muse - Trailing Sky Six Feathers - his South Western Native American wife and medicine woman in whose arms he died in 1777. Trailing Sky
Pine Gate Mindfulness Community Nucleus of Friends for Peace Canada Teachings every Thursday 7.00pm - 9.00pm Pine Gate Meditation Hall 1252 Rideout Cr, Ottawa, ON K2C 2X7 Contacts: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org • 613 726 0881 www.ianprattis.com/pinegate.htm Six Feathers vows to find Ian (then known as Eagle Speaker) in a future time, to help him complete his purpose despite what will seem like insurmountable resistance from Ian’s intellectual and logical mind to remember that pledge in this lifetime. Over a period of thirty years, four extraordinary medicine people enhance his process of remembering, while Trailing Sky waits patiently from the distant past. Ian learns how to reconfigure his understanding of time, place, consciousness and even Carl Jung’s psychology, where he chose to listen to the feminine voice of Earth Wisdom rather than to the multitude of competing voices in his deep unconscious. Readers will be inspired as they watch Ian’s intention and strength of purpose transcend the patterns he had carried since childhood. Past life memories finally collide head on with the present, all thanks to the persistence of Trailing Sky Six Feathers, who refused to give up. Karma is reversed and the internal battles are over, as Ian begins to live his life as a Meditation for Gaia. The relentless shadowing of this engaging Muse brings understanding not only to Ian, but to anyone engaged in overcoming the darkness of their past. Trailing Sky Six Feathers caps the author’s longterm fascination with consciousness. As a Professor of Anthropology and Religion he has taught courses on Ecology, Symbols, Engaged Buddhism and Meditation Systems. He is a healer, mentor and educator, able to encourage people through example to find their true nature so that humanity and the world may be renewed. Ian’s story is offered as a gift to our planet, as his purpose in life is to share his wealth of experience on how to live in harmony not just with ourselves but with the place we call home… earth. In 2010, after an intense internal dialogue with his
Free Darshan Ottawa, ON
Mother Meera is an enlightened being from India who is described as an incarnation of the Divine Mother. Her mission is to help uplift humanity by opening people to the divine light, so they may become more peaceful and happy.
Sun. July 20, 2014 10AM, or 1:30PM
Best Western Plus
Gatineau-Ottawa 131 Rue Laurier, Gatineau, Qc J8X 3W3
This transformation of consciousness is accomplished through the silence of Darshan as Mother Meera transfers light to every part of your being, to help with physical, mental, vital and spiritual healing.
“The whole purpose of my work is in the calling down of the Paramatman Light and in helping people. For this I came – to open your hearts to the light.“ Mother Meera
Darshan is free however registration is required for each person who wishes to attend.
www.MotherMeera.ca To register
Muse, Trailing Sky Six Feathers, Ian asked her if he should write her story. There was a long silence that stretched into infinity as he finally heard her affirmation. Ian stood up and reached for his backpack and took out a writing pad. There was a gold plated fountain pen in the pack, though he used it rarely. This story had to be
hand written. He inserted an ink cartridge into the pen and sat in a chair overlooking the sea and mountains on the west coast of British Columbia. Putting his pen to paper he started to write the first line of this book: “Put down your weapons, my husband,” she said quietly with steely insistence.
The Power Of Natural Treatment Through Relaxation Reflexology And Relaxation Music Therapy
Relaxation reflexology and relaxation music therapy works with you. It is all natural healing. It provides the defense system with the power to defeat the virus. It does not work with the symptom. One virus can have a lot of symptoms. Mental virus is the mind which is controlled by stress. This is what can cause dizziness, anger, anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, etc. You were born to live well. Sign up today by giving me a call. I will get you started with your personal health plan for good balance of your body, mind and spirit.
any people are experiencing much stress that causes them to not sleep well and bring them to depression that will affect the body and create an imbalance and negative wellbeing for the body, mind and spirit. My mission is to assist those people by providing relaxation reflexology and relaxation www.Philgood-Services.com music therapy that will bring back the balance and 613-796-0037 wellbeing. Depression and high blood pressure can be healed without medications just by the pressure of zones. We have ten zones from head to toe. What causes our depression and high blood pressure problems is that there is a disconnection between the zones. There are many problem areas that relaxation reflexology and relaxation music therapy can heal such as foot/back pain, respiratory, Contact: PHILIPPE KABENGELE digestive and urination problems, (RelaxationTherapist Specialist) difficulty with sleeping, blood Website: www.Philgood-Services.com sugar levels, hearing problems, etc. Relaxation Reflexology can stabilize E-mail: email@example.com all these problems as I, myself, Tel: (613) 796-0037 experienced relaxation reflexology when I was young and sick and Have too much stress? Can’t sleep? Are you know how it can heal you. experiencing moments of pain or discomfort, My mission is to assist clients by providing have respiratory, digestive problems or other relaxation reflexology and ailments preventing you to being healthy and relaxation music therapy enjoying life? Philippe Kabengele can help you that will create a balance and wellbeing for their by providing relaxation reflexology and body, mind, and spirit. relaxation music therapy.
858 Bank Street, Unit 100B Ottawa, Ontario K1S 3W3
Certified Quantum-Touch® Practitioner Certified Quantum-Touch® Instructor Associate Polarity Practitioner Certified Aromatherapist
Relaxation Reflexology is a pressure point massage through the feet, hands and ears to assist in restoring the health of the body, mind and spirit as they connect to the nervous system which in turn connects to the organs, glands, etc. of the body. Relaxation Music Therapy is used to address physical, emotional, cognitive, social and spiritual needs of individuals of all ages. Relaxation music therapy improves the quality of life for persons who are well and meets the needs of children and adults with disabilities or illnesses.
Sign up today by giving us a call at 613-796-0037
firstname.lastname@example.org www.aileensoasis.com www.quantumtouch.com
You were born to live well. Let us get you started with your personal health plan for good balance of your body, mind and spirit.
Breakthrough in Energy Healing In Ottawa area serving Ontario & Western Quebec
Young Yogi Hitting the Wall
honda Byrne in her book ‘Hero’ talks about how on every Hero’s journey they must encounter a space or place where things seems to stall, there is doubt, no lack of confusion or fear and things just seems to, well, stop. But really, they have only stalled until they summon the courage and faith that is truly strong enough to push through the last remnants of our inner resistance to success. What does this look like on an individual basis? More importantly, how do we respond when it seems like the door shuts suddenly in our face? When one day we are aflame with a bright, delightful idea and the ducks line up in place to make it all happen and then flump!, things turn around and come to a stand still the very next day. We are temped, very temped to give up, at the very worst to turn and hide our face in shame and embarrassment, or at best to laugh at our crazy idea that we actually could make it. I have read that countless successes, ideas and fantastic opportunities have been lost forever, or at least until another person comes up with a similar one, because ‘the wall’ caused someone to give up on themselves. There is another way of course. There always is. It can be much more difficult (or so it seems
Inspiration, Education, Evolution Stéphanie Nelson is an Integrative Wellness Facilitator and Certified CODE Model Coach™ practicing in the greater Ottawa area. She is interested in engaging with men and women curious to explore and challenge their currently held models of reality; health/wellness, parenting, education/learning disabilities, relationships, food, and popular culture. She enjoys facilitating experiences with individuals and groups though conversation, movement, touch, energy, creativity, and silence. Simply put, an Engaging Wellness experience promotes awakening of the individual to their potential and a life of limitless choices.
at the time). How are we to believe in success when all around we see only evidence of failure? Perhaps those authors and world leaders can do it but how can the rest of us? We just breath. We just remember the truth (if unsure here we can always look or inquire inside to find it). And we find our place of quiet determination. Perhaps we need to stop talking about it, stop sharing about it, STOP exposing ourselves to doubters, at least just for the moment, until we can reconnect with that young green sprout inside of us, just starting to gain momentum, but not quite big enough to be considered a plant. What have we got to lose if we continue to believe, despite the odds, that we are worth it and that we deserve it? Nothing. And what have we got to loose by giving up and throwing in the towel? Everything. Everything we could be and should be and deserve to be along the road to oneness and happiness. Keep moving forward, even by taking the tiniest of steps, one small thought at a time. Since we are all connected at the source, we all share the same capacity. If someone else has turned dreams into reality, so can we. *Cera Gagnon is a clairvoyant Reiki practitioner who expresses the voice, the landscape, the current ‘story’, of one’s inner self. ‘The Written Rei’ approach allows Cera to provide clients something tangible to reflect upon at their own pace. Sessions are done through distance and include a 1-2 page report. Please call (613) 227-4497 for more information.
Workshops - Personal Coaching - Group Experiences
To explore possible experiences, coaching, and upcoming workshops visit www.engaging-wellness.com Stay connected through the Engaging Wellness Blog, Facebook, or follow @EngageWellness on Twitter
Spring into Health!
With the IHC Intensive Healing Program Dear Clients, We are pleased to announce that IHC will be offering our - Spring into Health! Intensive Healing Program an exciting new pilot program. The Concept In order to cure any disease, it is vital that we identify the underlying cause rather than treating the symptoms or a label. Next, triggering factors need to be investigated & any obstacles to a cure be removed. What can cause disease? In addition to some inherited predispositions, the body can be “shocked” into a state of disease by the cumulative effects of a variety of impacts such as: Physical traumas (infections, accidents, environmental chemicals, nutritional sensitivities etc.) Emotional traumas (traumatic life events such as a death in the family, divorce etc.) Other accumulated stressors (work stress, prolonged loss of sleep, chronic conflicts etc). Any chronic disease is a complex phenomenon. For healing to occur, the body needs to be ‘un-shocked’ &
‘guided back’ to a healthy state. Our experience has shown that once the root cause of disease & its triggering factors have been revealed, & a holistic, multifaceted healing approach has been applied, the body springs into its natural healing mode. In order to facilitate this transition from disease to health, we have developed the comprehensive Intensive Healing Program. A multi-disciplinary, focused treatment plan has a better chance to lead to great results than any single approach to curing disease. With the collaboration of health practitioners working together, amazing & lasting results can be achieved! Seize this rare opportunity to be part of IHC’s synergistic, integrated pilot program like no other found in our Nation’s Capital. Join us & take your first giant step down the road to recovery… The Program Over a 1 to 2 month period (2 successive days a week, 8 hours of treatment per day including breaks & a healthy lunch), participants will attend 8 full days of a synergistic intensive program undergoing selected types of treatments to stimulate healing on many levels. Each successive treatment will help push the body one step closer to healing, so the body is gently & persistently coached away from a disease state & to a healthy state.
OMOUNTAINGOAT YOGA CENTRE
3350 Fallowfield Rd. NEPEAN
POWER YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN OTTAWA Canadian Yoga Alliance Approved 200 hour program
With Heather Moore & Olga Kamenskova
BEGINS OCTOBER 3, 2014 Pre- Registration Required
Immerse yourself in this opportunity to expand your practice and learn to lead others.
For more information please contact us today at (613) 823-3949
Pay before July 15 and receive $200 off ($2,699 + HST)
Free unlimited Yoga during the training program. Value of $800
The program will include the complimentary health practices of: Homeopathy; Naturopathy; Osteopathy; Fascia therapy; Matrix Re-patterning; Autonomic Response Testing; Nutritional Consultation; Shiatsu; Soul-Based Energy Medicine; Acupuncture (Laser or acupressure, for those with Needle phobia); Cranio-Sacral, Inner Journey; Qi Gong; & Reflexology. This program is specially designed for those who suffer from chronic ailments which have not responded well to conventional or previous individual therapies including but not limited to: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Depression, Chronic Anxiety, Insomnia, PTSD, Digestive Disorders, Cardiac diseases, Respiratory ailments, Chronic Inflammatory disorders, Chronic Skin conditions, Migraines, Hormonal imbalances... The Cost We have encountered people who have travelled the world seeking cures for their ailments, while spending tens of thousands of dollars in various healing retreats. Save your time & money & stay conveniently close to home in Ottawa. This pilot program will be offered an 50% discount off the cost of combined services. In return, we ask that participants complete a ‘before’ & ‘after’ assessment, an agreement form & provide consent to the publishing of results of the program’s findings (names will remain anonymous). If you think you would benefit from this generous savings please send us an email briefly telling us about yourself & your current health condition. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. It is said that it takes a village to raise a child. At IHC, we believe that it takes a dedicated team of health experts, each with a unique expertise to identify the causes & triggers of disease, & in turn, to promote healing. As practitioners working together, we have a greater capacity to help restore your health & wellness. If you, or someone you care about is seeking greater health, increased energy & a renewed joy of life, we invite you to contact us for more information or to fill out an application form.
The SILVA LIFE System Empowering yourself for a Better You, a Better World
Lise Blouin, Certified Silva Method Instructor & Silva Coach 1 800 226 4428 • email@example.com • www.silvamethod.ca
We are passionate in our goal to help you feel healthier, happier & able to live a more fulfilling & fruitful life. The gift of health is truly the best gift of all! Sincerely, The Integral Health Clinic Staff
Lila endorses and recommends programs that are intelligent, helpful and aim to support the wise play of our global community. Go Slowly
Introduction to Meditation Workshop with Jane
Meditation Days of Mindfulness
Mindfulness meditation can be practiced by anyone. This practice, over time, has the capacity to radically transform one’s understanding ofMonth who they Onewith Day per are at the deepest levels. & Perth ThisKingston two hour introduction is aimed at addressing Private consultation available some of the fundamental on a by-donation basis concepts and allowing $40 inc refreshments time to implement and explore through personal practice. Meditation, Spiritual and Details available on
a Now available at web-site when you sign up for enews! What is The Essential Skill Set?
Audio Downloads website. atYoga Shakti Kula in Perth. Available On-line!
July 5 1-3pm. $25. Register online at their site: www.shaktikulayoga.com
It’s “TESS” – Lila’s suggested Skill-Set for life in general! Sign up at lilacentre.ca
Lila is a sanskrit word meaning that life is a divine play. I invite you to “check out Lila On-line for support in learning to play our parts wisely and also to see the following pages for Lila endorsed businesses. ” Peace & Happiness, Jane / Lila 60
4.3” x 3.5” * free delivery within city for orders over $40 (regularly priced items) – deliver to your door, office, desk as you work – within two hours – surcharge may apply for outlying areas in city
Barbra Rose Perry RMT Join us! Play, Create, Shop, See, Taste, Listen + Learn
Jun28-July 1 Free Workshops all ages
Painting Collage Printmaking Drawing Costumes Stilt Walking Mural Painting Mu
Live Music 2 stages
~ Cranial Sacral Therapy ~ ~ Matrix Repatterning ~ ~ Rhythmic Massage (Trager & Osteopathic Technique) ~ ~ Osteopathic Techniques ~ ~ Myofascial ~ Remedial Stretches ~ 204-4 Cataraqui St. • Buck Lake • Mobile Kingston Perth Rd Service 613.539.9984 www.barbraroseperry.com
Healing Arts Therapies Carol Belanger
is a proud partner of June 2014
VISIT KINGSTON! 61
Are You Ready to Play?
By Daniel Roy CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM, FCSI, CSWP, CRC
ne of the most interesting questions that I ask my coaching clients is the one which is the title for this article: Are you Ready to Play? I always get funny looks from them and invariably they will ask me what do I mean by this? Let’s first put this in context. My clients are typically 50 to 60 years of age and are getting ready to transition into the “after work” phase of their lives, that is, they are planning out their retirement. For the most part, they have had a fulfilling career and enjoyed many years of personal and career successes. And now, as they are preparing for this next phase of their life, they suddenly have a new challenge facing them; deciding what their next life purpose will be. Anthony Robbins said many years ago that we must find a cause that is so big that it will draw us to it. Just like a giant magnetic force, that cause drives us forward as it becomes our life’s purpose. That purpose will get us out of bed in the morning and the actions that we take each day will be to support our efforts to accomplish that stated goal. Therefore the reason for asking the question of Are you Ready to Play? is to see if my client has a cause in mind that will help them shape their life in retirement. If they do, then will they be willing to commit to it 100%, that is be ready to play, to give it their all? I want my clients to be so committed to that cause that they will have no problem answering this next question when they are on their death bed…Did My Life Matter? Leo Tolstoy has his main character ask that very question in the epic book titled The Death of Ivan Ilych. The answer to this question must be a resounding YES. One of the key steps to properly prepare for the transition into retirement is to define your purpose in life. Last month’s submission addressed this important issue and it is worth repeating that without a life purpose, one’s life will not be as fulfilling as it could be. Let me ask you another question! Why wait for
Tel: 613.440.2734 Fax: 613.440.2560
CD, BA, MA, CFP, EPC, CIM®, FCSI®, CSWP®
Principle Instructor / Certified Financial Planner
your retirement to do this? Why not go through the process of discovering your life’s purpose at an earlier age? Why not do this in your twenties or your thirties. Why not decide to play at that age instead of when you are retiring? I would argue that if you were to decide at a younger age to commit to playing hard at that life purpose, you would have a life that would be truly magical. Not only would you be fulfilled on a personal and a professional level, but the impact from your actions would truly make a meaningful difference in this world. The question for you today is to ask yourself if you are ready to make the commitment to go out and play! If you are approaching retirement, please know that there is truly more of you to give and that you still have lots of time to make your mark all over again. But you must decide what that next calling will be. Be open to the many possibilities that exist and do not reject anything out of hand. Take some time to discover new areas of your personality. Reflect back to when you were much younger and remember the dreams that you had back then; dreams that never got fulfilled because other life commitments needed your full attention. Dare to dream of the infinite possibilities that lie in front of you and then decide that yes, I’m ready to go out and play. Daniel Roy is the principal instructor of the Ottawabased Praxis Wealth Institute. He is a Certified Financial Planner as well as a Certified Retirement Coach and public speaker. He conducts workshops and courses on the subject of wealth management as well as designing meaningful and rewarding retirements.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.praxiswealthinstitute.ca www.yourretirementcoach.ca
What Summer Holds For You
That which you’ve been seeking lies in wait for you... at the stillness point. Nature provides the opportunity to channelled by Lisa Virtue look beyond the normal environments, to seek out clues and representations that can he summer sun is assist you. So many things welcome for many people in nature will actually speak at this time. Cleansing your to you if you just but tune spirit from the doldrums in. Take your hints from the of the winter blues with its whispers in the trees of the blessings. It is a refreshing wind, the leaves, of the roots, time to experience the the earth, the creatures and outdoors, wiggle your toes in the plants. the grass, smell the scent of a By nature you are a part of flower, all the many joys that Energy Healer & Medium the natural world and simply come in the summer time. by being in it in silence, you What can you learn from can attune. However many this time of year? It is that have lost their connection, negativity passes and the forgotten how. This is why we have inspired Lisa, and light and warmth comes again. Everything cycles. What her friend Sophie Gagnon, to lead a brief sojourn into doesn’t need to happen is a repetition in the way of “since nature to help people reconnect, to find how they may it was this bad once it must be so bad again”. Simply feel better each and every day. There are so many simple, because you felt bad at some point doesn’t mean that easy tools that can help you in your every day life even because there’s cycles it must be that bad again. You may when you are not able to be in nature. We wish to pass increase your understanding, your vibration, your level these along so that you too can remember that which is of expression so that the wave of cycles is on an upward yours by nature. So please do, if it feels appropriate for incline. That the down cycle needn’t drop you so low you, come along to this guided sojourn into nature to find again. That you’re ever increasing your vibration, ever yourself, to find that connection that can serve you oh so building yourself. Coming in to this new season, we ask that you explore well at any time of year. Lisa and Sophie are offering Connect Through Nature it fully for its benefits for you. What is there to be seen Workshop several times over the summer period. Their and taken advantage of at this time? You would do well first date is the 3rd weekend in June. Please watch the to remind yourself of this with every change of season, for website www.LisaVirtue.com for future dates. The each has its own benefits. This season offers the chance participants from previous years have been very pleased for opening to nature. Finding out what it holds for you. with their results. You will see for yourself, if it is right Far more than simply the environment, there are rich for you. rewards for those who investigate. Have you stopped Please take this time to appreciate the blessing that to look closely at that flower you were walking by? Did you smell it? Did you see the intricate design of its inner is being sent right now through these words from the workings, the heart of its petal system? Did you notice Nature realm to you. You are blessed to be having an the beautiful little creature sat upon it? Did you bring a experience on the planet Earth, we suggest you take time moment of pause, of stillness, into your day? To simply to appreciate her and the bounty of nature. It will only breathe deeply the fresh air, to still your worrisome feel good if you allow it to. thoughts, to experience a moment in peace? What you With great blessings from we here in the beyond. will find if you still those thoughts when you are in Great love for you, nature is that nature will offer you just what you need. Spirits
Lisa Virtue is an Energy Healer, Channel, Medium and Workshop Leader. To register for a workshop, book a healing or a spiritual counselling session call 613-296-4271 or email Lisa@LisaVirtue.com Join Lisa’s Community Group for spiritually-minded people with special guest presenters.The next group is June 9th and meets every 3 weeks. The Connect Through Nature Workshop is Sat. June 21st. Find details at www.LisaVirtue. com Join Lisa’s Facebook community at www.Facebook.com/ LisaVirtue01 Lisa will be a Speaker and Healer at the Cosmic Pathways Healing Fair June 22nd
June 2014 Mailing address : Tone Magazine, 680 Eagleson Rd, PO Box 45024 Kanata South PO, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y1