ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008
Of Flagler & E. Volusia December 31, 2009-January 6, 2010
3D Publishing, Inc. For Ad Info 386-336-9013 or 800-595-8110
www.Tidbitsflaglervolusia.com Info@Tidbitsflaglervolusia.com Coupon Required
Q . W hat would be the nam e of the new corporation if FedEx were to m erge with UPS? A. F edUP
Reg. $900 Code (2752)
THE NAME’S BEEN CHANGED Not everyone or everything goes by their original moniker. This week, Tidbits looks at celebrities, sports heroes, towns, and corporations who’ve made a big switch.
Pool Cleaning, Weekly Service, Pool Deck Cleaning, All Chemicals Included
We will Beat Any Price!
386-931-0451 Accepting new clients at great rates
“Look and See” Second Opinion Consultation
Reg. $1600 Code 6010
by Kathy Wolffe
ATLANTIC SHORES POOL SERVICE, INC.
Welcome DENTAL Dental IMPLANTS Exam
• To readers of Charles Dickens, David Copperfield is the main character in an 1850 novel. To magic fans, David Copperfield is an award-winning illusionist. To the illusionist’s parents, Copperfield is David Kotkin, who borrowed his new name from the Dickens novel. Not only was Copperfield the youngest person ever admitted to the Society of American Magicians (at age 12), he is the holder of 11 Guinness World Records, including highest Broadway gross in a week and most tickets sold worldwide by a solo entertainer. • Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra was 17 years old when adopted her mother’s maiden name. Four years later she got her start on the soap As the World Turns going on to greater fame in When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, using the name of Meg Ryan.
****Call for your appointment and more details, cash only, or your insurance may cover usual &andcustomary fees.or Offer good may for cover 60 days from this post*Call for your at appointment details. Cash only, your insurance at usual and customary fees. ing. only.thisIfposting. any service, examination or treatment is treatment performed OfferNew valid forpatients 60 days from New patients only. If any service, examination or is performed 72 hours andaisdirect a directconsequence consequence of original discounted service, within 72within hours and is of theadvertised originalfull-fee, advertised full-fee or treatment, or any other financially responsible, has the right person to refuse, cancel orexamination discounted service,a patient examination or person treatment, a patient or any other or be reimbursed for paymenthas of resulting procedure. * Not cancel valid withor anybe other offer. Expiresfor 1/28/2010 financially responsible the right to refuse, reimbursed payment of this resulting procedure.
ALBERT ESPOSITO & ASSOCIATES Real Estate services at its Best!
Ÿ Ÿ Ÿ Ÿ
Buying Selling Renting Commercial opportunities
Call Albert Esposito 386-503-0936
Educational Toys And Books for Grades K-8 www.educationofthemind.
• Walter Willison and Demetria Guynes were married for 12 years and are the parents of three daughters, Scout, Rumer, and Tallulah. Of course, they are better known as Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. • It may be have been a little difficult to fit the surname Studlendegehawn on a movie marquis. Good thing Goldie shortened this one to Hawn. And doesn’t ÒJoaquin PhoenixÓ look better on that marquis than ÒJoaquin BottomÓ?
ns WALK-I E WELCOM
turn the page for more!
WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Publish a Paper in Your Area HOURS: 8:30-5:30 PM 5:30-8:00 PM by appointment M-Su
Located in Marvin’s Garden
4601 E. Hwy 100 Unit F-1 • Bunnell, FL 32110 Phone & Fax 386-437-2210 Or 386-437-2228
If You Can Provide: Sales Experience ∙ A Computer ∙ Desktop Publishing Software ∙ A Reasonable Financial Investment
We provide the opportunity for success!
Call 1.800.523.3096 www.tidbitsweekly.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM OUR STAFF TO YOU! Information in the Tidbits® Paper is gathered from sources considered to be reliable but the accuracy of all information cannot be guaranteed.
Can’t Get Enough Tidbits?
WISHING YOU PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS
$24.95 (plus S&H) Pmq mxi h $5.00 I h mxm sr
F s s o Wi x
by Check or Money Order
PAGE 2 longevity. Those with the higher credit score likely have a number of cards and a long credit history, possibly 15 years or more. The lower score is likely that of a person with only eight years of credit history. Use of credit availability matters, too. Someone with a high credit score likely uses less than 25 percent of the availability, compared with up to 50 percent use by someone with the lower score. This is where not closing your unused accounts comes into play: The minute you close an account, your total available credit goes down and the percent of credit you're The credit-card companies have long had suggestions for how to raise your credit score, using on other cards rises. If you are among the many that are seeing credit-card interest but how badly does your credit suffer when rates suddenly soar for no apparent reason, things go wrong? The surprising answer is don't close the accounts. Pay them off that those who've had excellent credit are quickly, and then don't use them. penalized more heavily that those with poor credit when something goes wrong. According to finance guru Liz Pulliam Weston, here are approximate David Uffington regrets that he cannot examples of the penalty for credit scores of a personally answer reader questions, but will mediocre 680 and an excellent 780: --Be 30 incorporate them into his column whenever days late on a payment: a 680 score will get a possible. Write to him in care of King penalty of 60 to 80 points, where a 780 score Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, will get a penalty of 90 to 110 points. --Max Orlando, FL 32853-6475, or send e-mail to out your card: a 680 score will get a penalty email@example.com. of 10 to 30 points, while a 780 score will get a (c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc. penalty of 25 to 45 points. --Suffer a foreclosure on your home: a 680 score will get a penalty of 85 to 105 points, where a 780 score will get a penalty of 140 to 160 points. --Agree to debt settlement: a 680 score will get a penalty of 46 to 65 points, where a 780 score will get a penalty of 105 to 125 points. --File for bankruptcy: a 680 score will get a penalty of 130 to 150 points, where a 780 credit score will get a penalty of a whopping 220 to 240 points. There are some significant difference between those with 680 and 780 credit scores, one being
ADVERTISE WITH TIDBITS... IT WORKS! 386-336-9013 CHANGED NAMES (continued): • After a successful career as a professional wrestler, Minneapolis-born James George Janos went on to be elected governor of his home state. Jesse ÒThe BodyÓ Ventura picked his wrestling stage name off a map and in the ring, he used the motto, ÒWin if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!Ó
its name to Joe for that year’s season. Ismay, Montana, population 25, agreed to the change and celebrated with a rodeo, parade, and night show to benefit their volunteer fire department. Hoping to raise $2,000 for this gallant force, at the end of the festivities, the mayor reported a net of nearly $70,000! It wasn’t reported whether the mayor would receive a raise from his $4 monthly salary..
• Singer Anthony Dominick Benedetto left his • It may have been that Jacob Cohen didn’t Òget heart in San Francisco as Tony Bennett and no respectÓ with his former name. We know Patricia Andrzejewski asked listeners to ÒHit this continued with his new one, Rodney Me with Your Best ShotÓ as Pat Benatar. Ellen Dangerfield. Naomi Cohen made it big singing with the Mamas and Papas as Mama Cass, while Virginia • A Òwonder-fulÓ singer signed on at Motown Records when he was 11 years old. Stevland Hensley made us all ÒCrazyÓ as Patsy Cline. Hardaway Judkins, blind since birth, changed • On June 2, 1953, Elizabeth Alexandra May his name to Stevie Wonder, and his illustrious Windsor underwent a name change at London’s career has netted more Grammy awards than any Westminster Abbey when she became Queen other solo artist. Elizabeth II. • In 1993, a Kansas City radio station hatched a plan to honor NFL quarterback Joe Montana by asking a tiny community in Montana to change
Continue to page 4
Contact : P.O. Box 354251 Palm Coast, FL 32135 386-336-9013 800-595-8110 Email: Info@Tidbitsflaglervolusia.com Website: www.Tidbitsflaglervolusia.com
8 1.Avatar (PG-13) Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana 2. The Princess and the Frog (G) animated 3. The Blind Side (PG-13) Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw 4. Did You Hear About the Morgans? (PG-13) Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker 5. Twilight Saga: New Moon (PG-13) Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson 6. Invictus (PG-13) Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon 7. Disney's A Christmas Carol (PG) amimated 8. Up In the Air (R) George Clooney, Vera Farmiga (c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.
PAGE 3 can obtain a copy by writing: Dr. Donohue -cancerous. Cancer lumps are hard. They're firmly anchored to the tissue beneath them; you No. 1101W, Box 536475, Orlando, FL 328536475. Enclose a check or money order (no can't move the lump. Cancer lumps have cash) for $4.75 U.S./$6 Canada with the irregular borders. Frequently, the overlying skin of a cancer lump is drawn down toward it recipient's printed name and address. Please allow four weeks for delivery. to form a little dimple. Tidbits of Flagler & E. Volusia 12/31/09-01/06/2010
This sounds like it's easy to tell if a lump is or isn't cancer. It's not. If a doctor, after examining the breast, cannot be sure, then he or she usually has the patient come back in a month or Is Breast Lump Cancer? two to see if the lump has changed in size. If DEAR DR. DONOHUE: I am 20 and need doubt still exists, an ultrasound in a woman less your help. I felt a lump in my right breast. I told than 35 and a mammogram in an older woman a friend about this, and she said breast cancer usually can settle the matter. never happens to anyone my age. If that's the Should either of these tests not provide a case, I am relieved. If it's not the case, what definite answer, the next step is to obtain should I do? How can you tell a cancer lump from one that isn't cancer? This is on my mind material for microscopic examination. That might be done with a very thin needle, with a all the time. -- L.G. larger bore needle or with a scalpel. Selfexamination is good for discovering a lump. Self-diagnosis is foolish for proclaiming the ANSWER: Breast cancer does happen to young lump benign or cancerous. You have to let the women. It's often said that it does not, but that's doctor do that; see yours today. misinformation. It's true that breast cancer is more prevalent at older ages and that the risk Incidentally, it is better to have a breast exam for it increases the longer a woman lives. So one week after a period. At the time of a someone your age is less likely to have it, but menstrual period, many breast lumps enlarge youth doesn't make you immune to it. and become tender, and this can make a difficult diagnosis more difficult. Size, how the lump feels and whether it is tightly fixed in place are some of the qualities The booklet on breast cancer explains the that sway a doctor into judging a lump as being details of this illness and its treatments. Readers
*** DEAR DR. DONOHUE: I am a 41-year-old woman, very petite, 5 feet 1 inch tall, and weigh 95 to 105 pounds. I am being bullied about this by my doctors. Have they supersized the height-weight tables to accommodate our increasingly obese population? I am lightweight but have no health problems. Your thoughts are welcome. -- L.N. ANSWER: Your body mass index is 18.9, which puts you in the normal weight category but at its lower end. If you feel healthy and eat a balanced diet, bully those doctors back. *** Dr. Donohue regrets that he is unable to answer individual letters, but he will incorporate them in his column whenever possible. Readers may write him or request an order form of available health newsletters at P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475.
(c) 2009 North America Synd., Inc.
TO ADVERTISE YOUR MINISTRY WITH US-CALL 386-336-9013
Living Faith Christian Center Our Vision is to win Earlyne Lund Souls and we have President and kept the vision strong Founder since 1985. Machelle L. Vallance General Manager We are a full service radio Todd Bennett station committed to Production making this area a better place to live. We saturate Volusia County, Flagler &Madison County and surrounding Email us firstname.lastname@example.org areas with the Word and Tune in to Praise Network
91.5FM (Volusia County) 24 hours a day! 91.7 FM (Madison County) Live Prayerline Mon.-Fri. see times or WAPN.net at www.wapn.net Program guide. and view our WebCam
1508 State Street • Holly Hill, FL 32117
Reaching the Lost, Strengthening Families and Raising Up Leaders
Practical Teaching For Everyday Life!
Pastors Arthur & Gwen Jackson
Sunshine Business Complex 2729 E. Moody Blvd. Hwy. 100
Our Ministries Include: Ÿ Children’s Ministry Ÿ Teen Ministry “Rebirth” Ÿ Men’s Ministry Ÿ Women’s Ministry-W.O.W. Ÿ Study Groups and more SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE 10:45 AM Wednesday Night Service 7:30 PM
1. Is the book of Lamentations in the Old or New Testament or neither? 2. In 1 Kings 20:29, how many footmen (soldiers) of the Syrians were killed in one day? 5,000; 10,000; 50,000; 100,000 3. Who made the first "piggy bank" by placing a chest with a hole in it near the altar? Ezra, Jehoiada, Ahab, Jethro 4. From Jeremiah 7:32, what did the Lord say that Tophet will be called? Syria, Valley of Slaughter, Galilee, Mount Zion 5. Who was the father of Elisha? Josiah, Shaphat, Zadok, Joshua 6. In Esther 1, how many provinces did Ahasuerus reign over? 11, 90, 127, 140
ANSWERS: 1) Old; 2) 100,000; 3) Jehoida; 4) Valley of Slaughter; 5) Shaphat; 6) 127 Wilson Casey's new book, "Firsts: Origins of Everyday Things That Changed the World," is available from Alpha/Penguin publishing. (c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.
Fruit Trees Are Here Now! Largest selection of Edible Fruit Trees in Volusia County! • Apple • Guava • Blueberry • Key Lime Fresh Fruit Available for Carry Out!
ll Be y e on
Additional Varieties Available
• Grapes • Lemon • Orange • Passion Fruit
ses s i K
• Kumquat • Persimmon • Banana • Honeybells • Star Fruit • Tangerine • Other Varities Available
Send your best with this adorable gift of tiny snacking HoneyBell Kisses Available January! Taking orders now! $34.95 includes delivery
LaRoche Used Furniture
One of the largest used furniture outlets in the area specializing in good wood furniture!
LaRoche Fruit & Edible Nursery 740 S. Yonge Street (US 1) • Ormond Beach
CHANGED NAMES (continued): • Cassius Marcellus Clay “Equipped to fit” any budget, age, skill level or entered the boxing ring at project. The Limits are endless-the choice is yours! the 1960 Olympics in Rome and emerged with the gold medal. A Full Service Following his conversion Quiltshop to Islam in 1964, this ·Machine Sales & Service light heavyweight boxer ·Longarm Sales & Service who could Òfloat like a ·Quilting & Embroidery Services butterfly and sting like a ·Fabrics, Books, Patterns, Notions ·Sewing & Quilting Classes beeÓ changed his name to Muhammad Ali.
• Avocado • Mango • Fig • Grapefruit
Surprise Gift Box #196 9 lb. Gift Box of Seedless Navel Oranges & Ruby Red Grapefruit with 2 surprises: 1. A 4.5 oz. Jar of Sweet N Spicy pumpkin Butter 2. A nifty little peeler and 2 grapefruit spoons.
Free Shipping & Delivery... All for only $34.95 fellow Stanford computer on television. She started science grad students sing-ing in a New Jersey came up with for the Baptist church choir at a search engine they were young age. Her cousin developing back in 1996. nicknamed her Latifah, It was BackRub for about which translates from the a year until Larry Page Arabic as Òdelicate and and Sergey Brin decided sensitive,Ó when she was it was time for a change. just eight years old, and They made a play on the she has gone on to word Ògoogol,Ó a math enormous fame as Queen term for the number Latifah. represented by the • In 1973, the vice numeral one followed by president of the United States resigned amid 100 zeros. The new accusations of tax company, Google, evasion. Although he operated out of a garage swore he was innocent, until 1999, when they Spiro Anagnostopoulos, moved into a larger better known as Spiro Agnew, was sentenced facility with their eight to three years’ employees. In 2002, the probation, disbarred, American Dialect Society and fined $10,000. voted ÒgoogleÓ the Continue to page 5 Òmost useful word of the year.Ó
• Born in Albania in 1910, Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu devoted her life to entire purchase *(online code2c953) serving others, receiving * Some restrictions may apply on machines Expiration Date: 01/30/2010 the Nobel Peace Prize for Exit 284 off I-95...2 miles west on left...Marvin’s Garden business center her efforts. Her 4601 E. Hwy. 100 B6* Bunnell, FL 32110 * toll free 877-586-5409 humanitarian deeds were www.sewandquiltshop.com accomplished while using the name of Mother heat until hot. Add coconut; GOOD cook 4 to 5 minutes or until HOUSEKEEPING Teresa. lightly browned, stirring Coconut Rice Pudding • It would be hard to • Dana Elaine Owens has constantly. Transfer imagine doing a BackRub entertained us in many 2 3/4 cups water coconut to plate. search on the internet, but arenas – as a rap singer, 3/4 cup long-grain white 3. Remove bowl from slow it might have been! model, in the movies, and rice cooker. Stir in rum, if using. That’s the name that Let pudding stand 10 1 can (15 ounces) cream of minutes. Transfer pudding coconut (not coconut milk) to serving bowl. If not serving right away, press 1 can (12 ounces) sheet of plastic wrap onto evaporated milk pudding; refrigerate up to 2 2/3 cup sweetened, flaked days. coconut (optional) 4. To serve, spoon pudding 1 tablespoon dark rum into dessert bowls; sprinkle (optional) with toasted coconut if using. 1. In 4 1/2- to 6-quart slowcooker bowl, stir water, Each serving: About 300 No long term contract rice, cream of coconut and calories, 11g total fat (9g Only $25 Enrollment F e e ~ $25 Month evaporated milk until saturated), 11mg combined. Cover slow cholesterol, 65mg sodium, Cardio C a b a r e t ~ T R X ~ Z u m b a cooker with lid and cook as 47g total carbohydrate, 1g TheKid one manufacturer directs on low dietary fiber, 4g protein. setting 4 to 5 hours or on For thousands of triplehigh setting 2 1/2 to 3 New Year ~ New Gym ~ Discover the N e w Y O U ! tested recipes, visit our hours. Web site at 2. If you like, while www.goodhousekeeping.co pudding cooks, toast m/recipefinder/. (c) 2009 coconut: Heat nonstick Hearst Communications, small skillet over medium Inc. All rights reserved
Save. . .15% off
Tidbits of Flagler & E. Volusia 12/31/09-01/06/2010
Flagler County’s #1 Truck & SUv Store for the past 7 years! •Spray On Bedliners •Trailer hitches •Performance Exhaust Systems •Chrome packages •Fiberglass Toppers & Lids •Tool Boxes •Runner Boards •Truck Tops Painted Fiberglass Lids starting at
$899! Ho Dde lhidOaLyida &y & EtTai CcaarRds aliLnigNgGg dSaava ifitFT v ailiaL balBeL E
$10 OFF ANYTHING OVER $100 Exp. 1/31/2010
Now installing Leather Seats in Place of Cloth
SUNDAY DEC 27........ SOUTHBOUND 1-5PM
es ric r P e st Be Flagl in
NOW DOING HEADLIGHT RESTORATION
4601 East hwy. 100 • Marvin’s Garden F-8 • Bunnell • 386-437-8388 1/10 of a mile West of Walgreens
YUENGS & WINGS .50 wings & $1.75 Yuengling Draft $3 Margarita Madness
10 WINGS & YUENGLING $7.95
LADIES NIGHT HEY WHAT ABOUT FREE WELL THE BOYS??? DRINKS & DRAFT Free Well & Draft 9PM-Midnight 9-11pm
THURSDAY DEC 31 ...NEW YEARS EVE....LES B. FINE 8PM - 1AM FRIDAY
JAN 1.....RATTLESHAKE 8PM-12AM
SATURDAY JAN 2 ...REZOLUSHUN 1-5PM Southbound 8-12AM 2444 S. Oceanshore Blvd (Exactly 2 miles South of the Pier) Flagler Beach
386-693-4939 CHANGED NAMES (continued):
and Cheddar cheese. Stir in garlic and parsley flakes. Cook over medium heat until cheese starts to melt, stirring occasionally.
• Carrot-topped Lucille Ball was actually born with that name, but changed it to Dianne Belmont for a time when trying to get her modeling career off the ground. Ironically, the middle name of this star who married Desi Arnaz was Desiree. Lucy is credited with saying, ÒA man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.Ó • A native Canadian, country singer Shania Twain began life as Eileen Regina Edwards, singing in bars as early as age 8. She was adopted by stepfather Jerry Twain, a member of the Ojibwa tribe, and took on the first name of Shania, which translates from that language as ÒI’m on my way.Ó With five Grammy awards to her credit, it appears she is exactly that.
Cheesy Garlic Potatoes
• Underneath all that outlandish makeup and heavy metal music is Chaim Witz, born in Israel, the son of a Nazi concentration camp survivor. You might recognize him as Gene Simmons of KISS rocker fame. Young Chaim emigrated to the U.S. at age 8, and adopted the name Eugene Klein. Holding a Bachelor of Education degree, he once taught sixth grade in New York City’s Spanish Harlem. Although most famous for founding the band in the early 1970s, Simmons’ childhood ambition was to become a rabbi. He speaks four languages, and is currently working to master Mandarin Chinese.
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
• When Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr. was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks in 1969, no one knew he’d retire as basketball’s all-time scorer with 38,387 points to his credit. Just prior to his 1971 season with the Bucks, Alcindor converted to Islam and changed his name to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, which translates Ònoble, powerful servant.Ó.
Now that was really Good! Gotta Love Tidbits of Flagler and E. Volusia!
This is a great side dish to accompany any meat -- from a simple chicken breast to your favorite meatloaf recipe.
3/4 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot) 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Kraft 2 Percent Milk Cheddar Cheese 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 3 1/2 cups (18 ounces) diced cooked potatoes
1. In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, combine mushroom soup, salsa
2. Add potatoes. Mix well to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Makes 6 (3/4 cup) servings. Each serving equals: 185 calories, 5g fat, 10g protein, 25g carbs, 658mg sodium, 233mg calcium, 2g fiber; Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch/Carb, 1 Meat; Carb Choices: 1 1/2. (c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.
Do you have drawers that stick? If they're made of wood, just grab a candle and rub the side over the tops of both rails. The wax provides just the right amount of lubrication to keep those drawers sliding in and out without a fight!
"To cover the blades of our kids' ice skates when we transport them in the car, my husband cut a section of garden hose that is a little longer than the blade. Then he slit it down the side. We just slip one on each skate, and it protects the blade, as well as anything the blade might run into in the trunk." -- I.L. in Minnesota
S.L. in Illinois writes: "Here is my tip. When closing a plastic bag, use a clip-type wooden clothespin with a metal frame. It holds much better than a twisty, and takes less time and effort to use."
To get rid of mascara on clothing, try this trick: Use the dull side of a knife to flake any dried bits away. Moisten stained area and rub it with a bar of soap. Rub the area between your fingers and rinse. Repeat until stain is gone.
"To remove soot stains from a glass fireplace door, I have found that the best tool is a straight-edge razor. I scrape it to get the gunk off, then clean with equal parts vinegar and water. Use newspaper or a lint-free cloth to buff dry." -- M.R. in New York
"I was making a repair to a knickknack the other day, and after it was glued, I needed someplace to put it to let the glue dry. The repair was near the bottom, so I couldn't lay it down on its side without it rolling. My sister suggested using a container of decorative sand I had nearby, and it worked beautifully." -- D.S. in South Carolina
Send your tips to Now Here's a Tip, c/o King Features Weekly Service, P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, FL 32853-6475 or e-mail JoAnn at email@example.com.
Tidbits of Flagler & E. Volusia 12/31/09-01/06/2010 PAGE 7
By Samantha Weaver
www.Tidbitsflaglervolusia.com WEIGHT LOSS It was British author Douglas Adams, best known for writing the science-fiction comedy series "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," who made the following sage observation: "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Lose Weight and Feel Great! Find out what everybody is talking about. Drop 3 sizes NOW!
FOR SALE BOWFLEX WORKOUT EQUIPMENT ONLY $900 paid $2000
Visit website: The original Colonel Sanders earned a grand total of 5 cents for every chicken sold in his early stores.
The ubiquitous holiday tune "Jingle Bells" was written in 1857 by James L. Pierpont, music director of a Unitarian church. It was written for a Thanksgiving performance, though, not for Christmas. Interestingly, it became the first song broadcast from space on Dec. 16, 1965, when Gemini 6 astronauts Tom Stafford and Wally Schirra used a smuggled harmonica and sleigh bells in a rendition for Mission Control.
ADVERTISE YOUR ITEMS FOR SALE AND YARD SALES TIDBITS OF FLAGLER & E. VOLUSIA CALL 386-336-9013
MEDICAL ALERT Tidbits is building System 24/7 up our sales team. Monitoring for If you enjoy Seniors Help at the working with the push of a button public and have FREE experience in EQUIPMENT! outside sales, please FREE SHIPPING! send your resume to ONLY 29.95 A :info@3dpublishing. MONTH! CALL net 877-242-0986 NOW!
OCEAN CORP. Houston, Texas. Train for New Career. Underwater Welder, Commercial Diver, NDT/Weld Inspector. Job placement and financial aid for those who qualify, 1-800-321-0298.
The katydid hears sounds through special holes in its hind legs.
FEDERAL & State Jobs Earn $12$48/Hour. Full Medical/Dental Benefits, Paid Training, FT/PT. 1-800-320-9353 ext 2509. MOVIE EXTRAS needed! Earn $150$300 per day. All looks and types. TV, videos, commercials, film, print. 800-3408404 ext 3003.
During Prohibition, a bootlegger was so called because many smugglers of illicit alcohol stored their liquor in flasks hidden in the upper part of their boots.
After many years of success in Hollywood, actor, director and screenwriter David Arquette tried his hand at professional wrestling, becoming World Championship Wrestling's World Heavyweight Champion in 2000.
It's not widely known that iconic American author Mark Twain was also an actor -- albeit briefly. He played himself in the 1907 film "A Curious Dream."
Benjamin Franklin advocated for the turkey to be our national bird rather than the eagle. He argued that the turkey was a "bird of courage," while the eagle was of "bad moral character" and didn't "get his living honestly."
Thought for the Day: "I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back." -Zsa Zsa Gabor
(c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.
SPORTS QUIZ By Chris Richcreek 1. What major-league player reached 100 career home runs in the fewest games? 2. When was the last time a major-league player stole 100-plus bases in a season?
7. Who was the last mother to win a Grand Slam title in tennis before Kim Clijsters at the 2009 U.S. Open? Answers 1. Ryan Howard of the Philadelphia Phillies, who did it in 325 games (2004-07).
2. St. Louis's Vince Coleman had 109 in 1987. 3. Name the last time before the 2008 season 3. The Los Angeles Rams in 1979. (Arizona) that the NFL had a team with nine regular-season victories reach the Super Bowl? 4. It was 1952. 4. When did the University of Kansas men's 5. Ted Kennedy in 1955. basketball team win its first NCAA Tournament title? 6. Donna Mae Mims in 1963. 5. Who was the last player from the Toronto 7. Evonne Goolagong Cawley at Wimbledon Maple Leafs to win the Hart Trophy as the in 1980. NHL's Most Valuable Player? 6. Name the first woman to win a Sports Car Club of America national championship.
(c) 2009 King Features Synd., Inc.