C E L E B R AT I N G 3 0 Y E A R S of CHANGING LIVES FOR LIFE
Marilyn & Louis Mogas Melinda & Matt Mogas
Underwriting Chairs Joanna & Brad Marks Raffle Chair Rayne Rouce
Grab Bag Chair
The Periwinkle Foundation Welcomes You as we Celebrate 30 Years of Changing Lives For Life at the
Wine Pull Chair Scott Jarriel
Ruth Adams Judy Bouillion Jenifer Dice Pam Domingue Jayne Finkowski-Rivera Michelle Fritsch Tanya Gee Jenn Hankins Jenifer Jarriel Scott Jarriel Carlos Rivera Rayne Rouce Judy Simon Sarah Sprengnether Sara Tharp Jennifer Vallone
Program Chairs Sasha Breeden Sara Sams
Junior Auction Chair Mollie Gaylor Sophie Gaylor
Saturday, April 5, 2014 Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
Honoring Gerson Award Recipient Kathy McCarthy Periwinkle Partners Texas Children’s Hospital / Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers The Hamill Foundation Long Term Survivors
Evening Schedule 6:30 p.m. Infield Opens Cocktail Reception Big Board Auction Wine Pull Grab Bag Toss I W Marks Jewelers “Heads or Tails” I W Marks Jewelers Raffle Photo Booth Periwinkle Downs Art Gallery
The Periwinkle Foundation provides pure magic to the children who need it most – the magic to run and play, jump from great heights, and land in celebration of being young and alive. Your presence tonight contributes significantly to that magic. By being here tonight, you have become a member of a team that contributes the time, talent and resources that make Periwinkle magical for so many kids. The magic is simple. Instead of thinking about their next chemo treatment, the upcoming doctor visit, or the unpleasant side effects of their medicine, these kids are able to get out of the hospital and into the great wide open, forget their worries, and just be kids. We thank you. The Periwinkle Foundation thanks you. Most importantly, the children thank you for helping to make the magic possible. Let’s together, make it possible for more kids to get to camp. Marilyn & Louis Mogas Melinda & Matt Mogas Gala Co-Chairs
Horse Races Sponsored by BKD CPAs & Advisors 7:00 p.m. YOLO Sprint 7:30 p.m. Making A Mark Mile 8:00 p.m. Survivors Stakes 8:30 p.m. Periwinkle Derby Race information and tokens located at the stage in the Ballroom. 7:30 p.m. Winner’s Circle Buffet Opens 8:30 p.m. Call to the Post Master of Ceremonies, Don Teague – Fox 26 News Anchor Heads or Tails Invocation – Sr. Jane Meyer, O.P., Head of School, St. Agnes Academy Periwinkle Partners Gerson Award Presentation Live Auction Fill the Bus Raffle Drawing Big Board Closes
Periwinkle Downs Infield Heads or Tails
To be played at 8:30 p.m. Purchase a Periwinkle Bracelet ($100 each) for a chance to win a Rolex Watch valued at $12,550 Donated by I W Marks Jewelers
Grab Bag Toss (prizes valued at $50 or more) $ 50 per toss Sponsored by Debbie & Ozzie Bauer
Run for the Roses
Wine Pull with wines from select Houston cellars $ 50 per pull Sponsored by Jenifer & Scott Jarriel and Kroger
Complimentary photo booth Sponsored by Paul Doyle & Associates and Jenifer & Scott Jarriel
On Your MARKS…Get Set…Go!
5,000 Shopping Spree Raffle Only 300 tickets will be sold; $100 each or 6 for $500 $
Sponsored by I W Marks Jewelers
Mint Julep Bar
Complimentary Mint Juleps Sponsored by Garrison Brothers Distillery
Thank You to Sponsors
Periwinkle Downs Art Gallery
Original, one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork lovingly made as part of The Periwinkle Foundation’s Making A Mark program by children with cancer and blood disorders at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers. Each piece has been framed to showcase the beauty of the original works of art. In addition to the small framed pieces, we are offering large-scale canvas prints – a limited production series from our first ever permanent Making A Mark installation at Bush Intercontinental Airport, to be installed Spring 2014.
Periwinkle Downs Chocolates Provided by Chocolates for Good
Gerson Award Recipient
When Kathy McCarthy became a pediatric nurse at Texas Children’s Hospital’s oncology unit in 1981, she unknowingly opened a door to The Periwinkle Foundation that’s never been shut. On top of her work providing medical care to children suffering from cancer, she became an invaluable link between patients and families and Periwinkle.
Texas Children’s Hospital / Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers
For 20 years, Kathy has helped bring back the sense of childhood innocence to children who are all too familiar with the hospital setting. Her involvement with Periwinkle has ranged from identifying patients who would most benefit from Periwinkle camps, helping families through the application process, coordinating and preparing medical supplies, creating medical roadmaps to keep each child healthy at camp, to serving on the camp medical staff or Camp Director. To say that Kathy has been “all hands on-deck” with Periwinkle practically since its inception would be an understatement. Today, she’s lovingly referred to as the camp lady by patients and families at Texas Children’s Hospital and thought of as the one who makes camp possible, by both hospital and Periwinkle staff. Kathy’s entire family has become Periwinkle advocates. Her husband Dave has wholly supported her involvement and always encouraged her to attend camp, even with young children of their own at home. When Kathy began attending Camp Periwinkle, their two children Russell and Anthony were just 6 and 9. Today, they’ve begun their own Periwinkle journeys as Cycle for Life participants and as a YOLO camp counselor.
As the largest pediatric cancer center in the United States and the #1 in Texas, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers provide medical treatment for patients with childhood cancer and childhood blood disorders. For 30 years, The Periwinkle Foundation has partnered with Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers to provide the very best in programs for children in and out of the hospital setting. We truly value our strong partnership with Texas Children’s Hospital and look forward to another 30 amazing years!
The Hamill Foundation
The Hamill Foundation makes a tremendous impact in the Houston community. Throughout the years, The Hamill Foundation has been a generous supporter of Periwinkle – giving more than a quarter of a million dollars to help improve the lives of thousands of children, teens and families served by Periwinkle camps and programs. Special thanks to Tom Brown, Charlie Read and Pam Stanton for their wonderful support – the lives of so many deserving children have been changed forever.
Long Term Survivors
Long Term Survivors are at the heart and soul of every Periwinkle camp and program. Each year, Survivors log countless hours as camp counselors, volunteers and fundraisers to provide healing and nurturing to children and families touched by cancer. You are a true inspiration to each of us here this evening and more importantly, a shining light in the eyes of the children and families who are battling cancer. You make Periwinkle…Periwinkle!
“It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.” – LUAP (Camp Wise Man)
Periwinkle Downs Underwriters SUPERFECTA Marilyn & Louis Mogas Jayne Finkowski-Rivera & Carlos Rivera Texas Children’s Hospital / Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers TRIFECTA Petrello Family Foundation EXACTA Jenifer & Scott Jarriel Joanna & Brad Marks Win
Monica & John Blaisdell and Hannah & Cal McNair Gerald Chandler Sarah & Doug Foshee Rhonda & Paul Gerson Peggy L. Godwin/UBS Financial Services Melinda & Matt Mogas Lori & Julien Smythe Triumphus, Inc. Wells Fargo Global Banking
Besma Adham, M.D. BKD, LLP Carrie Robinson-Cannon & Bryan Cannon Houston Methodist Hospital and Mary Jo & Mick Cantu Judy & Chris Simon Steinhart Family Advised Fund of The Dallas Foundation Laura & Winston Talbert Kerry & Mark Youtsey
Whitney & Matthew Anderson, Holly & Breen Haire and Sara & Jim Ledbetter Carol & Joe Birkofer Robin & Harry Bruns Clear Lake Islamic Center Nancy & Michael Cogan ColorCancer Crady, Jewett & McCulley, LLP Angela & Mike Dina Nita & Rad Eanes and Erin & Chris Holsinger Michelle & Paul Fritsch Rhonda & Paul Gerson
Paige & Forrest Green and Bernstein Global Wealth Management Monica & Hubert Ho and Erin & Eric Otness Casey Pruitt & Fred Huang and Rachel & James Brush Caroline & Houston Jones Shalini Jain & Neelesh Kenia Thao & Steve Lai, O.D. Rotork Sperandio Family & Friends Sara & Larry Tharp USI Audrey Worthing
Periwinkle Downs Donors
Ruth & Randy Adams Marti & Jack Carr Amy & Gary Haymond Susan & Lonnie Link Kathy & Max McCarthy Jackie & Jim Vogel Brenda & John Werner
Special Thanks to Kim Christensen Janet DeJean Jessica Dias Lisa Malosky Productions Kristen Murdock Jennifer Ngo
Bank of River Oaks Amanda & Ryan Dearborn Epic Glenna & James Floyd Carol & Phil Garner Laura & Dan Hannon The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa Wendy Pekar
Periwinkle Arts & Crafts Team Mark Ramos Designs Tammy Raulerson Lucy Rivera Speedy Picture Framing Mark Wilson, MOGAS Industries Printing generously donated by
The Periwinkle Foundation Magic Since The Periwinkle Foundation’s inception in 1983, pediatric oncologists have made great strides in improving the overall cure rate of children with cancer. Nearly 80 percent of children diagnosed with cancer now survive. While more children are surviving, successful treatment may leave them with mental or physical complications that can impact them for the rest of their lives. Periwinkle Programs play a vital role in the overall healing process of these special children, teens and families.
Camps – No doctor appointment, no chemotherapy treatments, no stress — just healing for kids, teenagers and families.
Survivor Programs – Retreats, social and educational opportunities to empower and engage long-term survivors.
Arts – Interactive art and creative writing projects provide much needed outlets for self-expression and healing during treatment.
Untitled Haley Cannon, Age 11 Cypress, Texas
Live Auction Items Live from New York, It’s Saturday Night! You and a guest will have the ultimate Saturday Night as guest audience members for Saturday Night Live! Be there for the opening line, “LIVE FROM NEW YORK…” This coveted experience is near to impossible to arrange, but our donor will make it happen for you. Here’s a preview of your weekend getaway: Arrive on a Thursday and begin your 3 night NYC stay at your choice of a Marriott or Hilton Hotel. Friday, enjoy a backstage tour of NBC Studios at 30 Rock and see the sets of your favorite TV shows. That evening you are off to the Theatre District with 2 tickets for your choice of a Broadway Show (up to $400 value). Saturday you will be treated to a personal tour of the recently completed Ground Zero 9/11 Memorial and Museum, led by 2 former FDNY firefighters. You will end your weekend with a funny and memorable taping of SNL with all of your favorite performers and a celebrity guest to keep you laughing all night. Restrictions: Weekend will be determined by the winning bidder and the SNL filming schedule, in conjunction with the donor. Trip must be scheduled by March 1, 2015. Airfare: No blackout dates. Cannot be used to travel on itineraries that combine flights with other carriers. Expires May 1, 2015. Hotel: $750 New York hotel voucher. Donors: Nancy & Michael Cogan, Mike Cogan, NBCUniversal, Catherine Petrello, Drs. Jayne & Carlos Rivera, Southwest Airlines, TRIFLOW CORP Mark’s American Cuisine & Signed Heidi Barrett 2011 Magnum of Au Sommet The name Au Sommet is well known within wine circles, as the personal label of Heidi Barrett, one of the rock stars of Napa Valley. She has been involved in ‘projects’ like Screaming Eagle, Grace Family, Showket, Amuse Bouche and Revana Family Vineyards. Au Sommet is her own personal project, so you can keep your expectations high. And what is the best way to enjoy such wine? With great food and great friends of course! Mark Cox, Owner and Executive Chef of the renowned Mark’s American Cuisine, will come to your kitchen to teach you and up to 7 friends some of his cooking secrets. With Mark’s help, you will plan the menu based upon your personal taste and the season. The star of the show is an autographed magnum of Au Sommet. To make this meal complete, additional wines will be paired with each of the courses. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Mark Cox, Suzanne & Avi Ron, Jenifer & Scott Jarriel
Universal Orlando Resort Vacation for 4 With three-time Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg as creative consultant, Universal Orlando theme parks are known for some of the most thrilling and technologically advanced “ride-the-movies,” motion picture and television showbased attractions. Universal Orlando Resort is more than a theme park. It’s an entire universe of action and thrills featuring two spectacular theme parks unlike anything else in Orlando. Go behind the scenes, beyond the screen, and jump right into the action of your favorite movies at Universal Studios, the world’s premier movie and TV based theme park. At Universal’s Islands of Adventure, take an unforgettable journey through the uniquely themed islands – where the world’s most cutting edge rides, shows and interactive attractions bring your favorite stories, myths, cartoons, comic book heroes and children’s tales to life. And opening this summer, Universal’s newest attraction – follow in Harry Potter’s footsteps as you walk through the streets of London to Diagon Alley, where you’ll find many of the wizarding world’s most famous establishments. Get ready for unforgettable thrills when you enter Gringotts™ bank and find yourself taking an incredible journey on an epic new ride! This package includes a 3 night Universal Resort hotel stay, VIP Park passes – by that we mean no waiting in lines! – and rental car and airfare for 4. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Subject to availability. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Catherine Petrello, NBCUniversal Camp Horse Nothing puts a smile on kids’ faces more than climbing on the back of a horse… your horse! This is a unique chance to purchase a horse that will live at camp year round, providing the exceptional emotional and physical therapeutic benefits of horseback riding. As donor, look forward to attending a special horse welcoming ceremony during Camp Periwinkle and naming the newest addition to the stables.
First Class Airline Tickets Anywhere in the World Come fly with me! Two first class round trip airline tickets anywhere in the world – the hard part is deciding where to go! Restrictions: No blackout dates. Subject to availability. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Suzanne & Avi Ron
Kentucky Derby Extravaganza 2015 This 2015 Kentucky Derby getaway, April 30 – May 3, 2015, includes 3 nights at the charming Inn at Woodhaven Bed and Breakfast and tickets to the exclusive Jockey Club Luxury Suites for the Kentucky Oaks (Friday) and The Kentucky Derby (Saturday). All meals and libations are included during your stay – think Mint Juleps – as well as private transportation to and from the airport and track. Added pleasures include your hosts, Jayne and Carlos Rivera, and their horse-crazy friends, who will give you advice on handicapping your bets, provide Derby hat consultation, and detail the rich history of the world of thoroughbred horse racing. Churchill Downs representatives will guide you on a behind the scenes tour of Churchill Downs and the paddock. Enjoy being a part of history at this once in a lifetime special event. “Spending your first horse race at The Kentucky Derby with Jayne and Carlos Rivera is like seeing your first baseball game at the 7th game of the World Series.” — Carol and Phil Garner Restrictions: Buyer must be 21 years or older. B&B accommodations are double occupancy with one double bed. Trip must be arranged by March 1, 2015. Expires May 4, 2015. Donors: Drs. Jayne & Carlos Rivera, Churchill Downs
Luxury Board 1000. Horse Heaven Weekend Build your own Bluegrass experience in the “Horse Capital of the World”. You pick the dates. You pick the activities. (April or October recommended for race season.) It all starts with a 4 night (Wednesday through Sunday) stay at the Swann’s Nest Inn in Lexington, KY – the heart of Kentucky’s Bluegrass Region. Then add as many options as you can squeeze in, based on the travel dates YOU select! Keeneland Race Track – reserved clubhouse seats to watch multiple Graded Stakes Races; visit the backside, spend a morning in the stables watching horses train; watch horse sales events Rolex Three Day Equestrian Event – the very best dressage, cross country eventing, reining and jumping (late April only) Hagyard Equine Medical Institute – tour one of the finest specialty veterinary hospitals in the world Stallion and Broodmare Farms – newborn colts and fillies (Spring only) Kentucky Horse Park – learn everything and anything about horses Bourbon Trail – visit famous distilleries such as Maker’s Mark Cross Gate Gallery – enjoy equine art Restrictions: Buyer must be 21 years or older. B&B accommodations are double occupancy with one queen or king bed. Trip must be arranged by April 5, 2015. Design of weekend based on availability and time of year. Airfare not included. Donors: Eddie Kenneally Racing Stable, Catherine Kenneally, Cross Gate Gallery, Walter Zent, DVM, Kristen Goncharoff, Becky Goncharoff, Drs. Jayne & Carlos Rivera 1001. Breeder’s Cup 2014 Are you ready for some World Championship Horse racing? This package puts you in the winner’s circle at Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, CA for the 2014 Breeder’s Cup, from October 29 to November 2, 2014. You will see the best trainers, owners, jockeys and horses from all over the world compete in 14 major Stakes Races to win $27 million in purse money. Enjoy the morning workouts at Clocker’s Corner, view the races from a box seat and enjoy the Art Deco beauty of the track graced by Hollywood and horse racing celebrities. You will stay in style at the Westin Pasadena (4 nights, double occupancy), arrive via luxurious limo-bus, wear fun hats, and learn to bet like a handicapper. Meals and transfers included for 2 guests. Restrictions: Buyer must be 21 years or older. Airfare not included. Trip must be arranged by September 15, 2014. Expires November 4, 2014. Donors: Drs. Jayne & Carlos Rivera
1002. Jackson Hole Vacation Located in the southern entrance of both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, Jackson Hole is the West’s ultimate vacation destination and offers a wide variety of year-round activity for the entire family. The winner of this incredible mountain package in Jackson Hole will stay one week at the Grand View Lodge at Snow King Mountain Resort. Your rustic log and stone, 3 bedroom, 3 ½-bath condominium sleeps 8 and has a full kitchen, laundry and covered parking. It is the ultimate in western elegance with an on-site fitness center, pool and restaurant. Conveniently located near town, you’ll have an abundance of dining and entertainment options, while being only steps away from horseback riding, hiking, miniature golf, Alpine Slide and Scenic Chairlift rides, and the Bridger Teton National Forest. Whether you plan on hitting Jackson Hole’s renowned ski slopes in the winter or enjoying Grand Teton’s incredible summers, this is a trip you won’t forget. Also included is round-trip airline tickets (up to $4000 including taxes and fees), transportation to and from the Jackson Hole Airport, dinner for four at Hayden’s Post on-site restaurant and a $100 gift card for dining at one of the five Fine Dining Group restaurants. Restrictions: Winners must select week by May 1, 2014 and notify owners of choice. Owners want to ensure they receive their preferred dates. Excludes July 21-28, 2014; August 9-30, 2014; and December 27, 2014 - January 4, 2015, Expires April 5, 2015. Airfare: Up to $4,000 including taxes and fees. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Marilyn & Louis Mogas and Melinda & Matt Mogas, MOGAS Industries, Dave Park, Hayden’s Post
1003. Life is Gruene Settle in for a 7-night stay at this amazing, spacious waterfront home tucked between the cypress trees with the Guadalupe River as your backyard playground. Bring your family and friends along for this summer getaway to historic Gruene, Texas. This 5-star luxury vacation home accommodates 18 people, boasts a gourmet kitchen and is exquisitely furnished and decorated. With extensive outdoor living space, your group can take full advantage of the magnificent river breezes and views, watch the tubers float down the river during the day and cozy up to your fire pit at night. Whether you rent tubes and float down the river, go fly fishing for Rainbow Trout, or take a quick swim in your own backyard, the Guadalupe River has plenty to offer the entire family! Visit Gruene’s Historic District to shop for antiques, clothing and gifts, enjoy some Texas-cookin’ at the Gristmill River Restaurant, and make sure you get your honky tonk on at Gruene Hall – Texas’ oldest and most famous dance hall! Now that’s livin’. Restrictions: Week of August 4-11, 2014 only. Expires August 11, 2014 at 11:00am. Donors: Sarah & Doug Foshee 1004. Vacation of Your Dreams Enjoy 5 nights of luxury – you choose the location! Small Luxury Hotels of the World (www.slh.com) is an exclusive brand comprising over 520 luxury, independent hotels offering an infinite variety of memorable experiences in more than 70 countries around the world. Whether you are seeking a blissful spa retreat, the rustic charm of a country villa, a secluded beachside resort, the refined splendor of an old English country house or a sanctuary hidden amid the vibrant atmosphere of a bustling city centre, with SLH you will encounter only the very best. The only difficulty you will face is deciding which of these exquisite hotels to choose. Just to name a few: Bali, Indonesia Stonehaven Bay, Tobago Santorini, Greece Ibiza, Spain Hangzhou, China …the possibilities go on and on! Restrictions: Subject to availability. Standard double room accommodations for two people only. New bookings only. Maximum of five nights. Minimum two weeks notice must be given. Excludes food, beverages and taxes. If utilized at an all inclusive hotel, additional charges may apply. Excludes Akatsuki Resort, Thailand and Alexander House, Russia. Expires April 5, 2015. Donor: Small Luxury Hotels of the World
1005. Seaside Cottage With clusters of tin-roofed, pastel-painted and picket-fenced cottages strung along 80 acres of sheer architectural perfection, Seaside sets the tone for a family beach vacation, romantic escape, or storybook wedding. Situated on a white-sand footpath to the beach, Lime House is a quaint and charming cottage, perfect for a fun family vacation or a romantic escape. This 3 floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottage sleeps 6. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Expires December 2015. Donor: Catherine C. Mosbacher 1006. Labradoodle – Your Newest Family Member The newest addition to your family will be here this summer! Kirby and Blue Bayou became proud parents on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th, and your new puppy will be ready to go home on May 12th. Plenty of time to ready for your newest arrival. This black male Australian Labradoodle will likely be a mini/medium size – mom is miniature and dad is medium. In addition, Rover Oaks Pet Resort will take care of all your new puppy needs with a 5 week obedience training class, or 2 hours of private training. Also included is a day at the spa in the Grooming Salon, complete with two playtimes and a nap in a luxury suite and a three day/two night lodging package when you need to leave him with a babysitter! And to make sure he stays healthy, you have an appointment with Dr. Valerie Mogas for his first check-up. Restrictions: Lone Star Labradoodles: Buyer may choose to move to another litter but the donor will pick the dog. Expires April 5, 2015. Rover Oaks Pet Resort: Advance reservations and current vaccinations are required. Expires April 15, 2015. Dr. Valerie Mogas: Complete first puppy visit for labradoodle puppy at 6-8 weeks of age. Donors: Lone Star Labradoodles, Dr. Valerie Mogas/Bay Creek Animal Clinic, Rover Oaks Pet Resort
1007. Houston Texans VIP Experience Be the ultimate insider and take a “Behind the Scenes” tour of Reliant Stadium and the Methodist Training Center during the 2014 Houston Texans training camp. This package includes V.I.P. access for 4 people to watch the Texans practice and lunch with Rick Smith, General Manager and Executive Vice President of the team, in the Texans cafeteria. Then cheer on our Houston Texans as they make their way to the playoffs and beyond! Start by hanging out with the team as the players warm up with your 4 pre-game V.I.P. sideline passes. Just before kick-off, you and your friends can head to your club-level seats where you won’t miss a play! This package also includes a V.I.P. parking pass. Restrictions: Game Tickets: Subject to availability. Winner to provide top 3 choices of games when 2014 schedule is announced. Behind the Scenes Tour: Mutually agreeable date. Donors: Hannah & Cal McNair, Rick Smith, Houston Texans 1008. Caracol Sunday Champagne Brunch for 8 You will be the host extraordinaire after this Sunday brunch for 8 guests featuring the champagnes of Pol Roger and matching courses by Caracol, the newest restaurant from Chef Hugo Ortega, James Beard Finalist, and Tracy Vaught. Pol Roger was the favorite champagne of Sir Winston Churchill and was the official champagne at the Royal Wedding. Sean Beck, Backstreet Café/Hugo’s/Caracol Sommelier, will guide you and your guests through the exquisite line of Pol Roger. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Sean Beck, Caracoal, Pol Roger, Frederick Wildman & Sons Importers
Big Board 1. Backyard Grilling Spice up game days and take advantage of the gorgeous spring weather with a Brinkmann Medallion Propane Gas Grill. This copper and stainless steel grill boasts 5 burners, cast iron cooking grates and LED lighting to illuminate control knobs. Happiness is finger-lickin’ barbeque – so we included 1 case each of beef rib-eyes, beef patties, hot dogs, chicken breasts, smoked sausage and 5 pounds of shrimp. Get grillin’! Restrictions: Brinkmann: No exchanges or returns. Glazier: Expires June 5, 2015. Donors: Brinkmann, Glazier Foods Company
4. Secretariat Framed Art Secretariat raced into Triple Crown immortality in 1973. His unbelievable victory, by the widest margin in the history of the Belmont Stakes, was over 31 lengths ahead of his nearest challenger and set a world record time for the 1-1/2 miles distance – 2 minutes, 24 seconds. This moment is one of the most iconic in sports history. Take home this framed and mounted tele-timer finish line photo of Secretariat’s amazing feat! Learn more about Secretariat from the book “The Horse God Built” and the “Secretariat” DVD that are included with this package. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Cross Gate Gallery
2. Isla Settee Sit back and relax on a piece of furniture that’s both sleek and comfortable. Romantic and intriguing, the new Isla Settee is a nod to a classic sentiment of ease and comfort. A lazy afternoon can be spent lounging on the loose, under-stuffed down and foam cushion while living the dream of sophistication and savoir-faire. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns.
5. Art is Messy The painted becomes the painter. Artist, Angela Thompson, will paint a portrait using acrylic, oil, pencil, color pencil, paint and spray paint. Using over 40 layers, the person to be painted will help paint the first few layers. With photographs taken by the artist, together you will select imagery, lyrics, words and stencils. Participation in a work of art will have personal meaning to all involved. This is truly one of kind art! Restrictions: Allow three to four months to complete. Expires April 2015.
Donor: Three Doors
Donors: Angela Thompson, Art is Messy LLC
3. Backyard Makeover Ready to give your yard and garden an eye-catching makeover? This incredible landscaping package will allow you to create an extraordinary outdoor space tailored to you! With $1,000 in conceptual design services provided by the McDugald Steele landscaping firm, your garden will be your very own unique creative expression. McDugald Steele will also plant the 30-gallon live oak tree from Triple-G Nursery, LLC. After planting 3 unique varieties of roses in your yard from the Antique Rose Emporium, sit back, relax and enjoy reading your complimentary book, Empress of the Garden. Restrictions: McDugald Steele: Graphics limited to one conceptual plan and planting of the 30 gallon tree. Triple-G Nursery: Tree to be moved and planted by purchaser. No warranty. Antique Rose Emporium: Roses to be picked up at Antique Rose Emporium in Independence.
6. Seagrass Rug Add texture and natural beauty to your home’s interior with the help of the interior design and high-end flooring experts at FLOOR. This seagrass area rug, composed of all natural fibers, can be made at any custom size up to 12’ x 15’. Bring warmth, beauty, and durability from the great outdoors into your home with this gorgeous and sustainable piece of home décor. Restrictions: Delivery and area rug padding not included. Expires July 1, 2014.
Donors: Triple-G Nursery, LLC, Antique Rose Emporium, McDulgald Steele Landscape Architects & Contractors
7. Wardrobe & Closet Consultation A closet full of clothes and nothing to wear. Sound familiar? Let Kelly Flores-New, Stylist and Image Specialist, help you love what’s in your closet and feel great in it! Includes up to two hours of “closet time” and personalized summary. Restrictions: Valid through September 30, 2014. By appointment. Donor: Kelly Flores-New, Stylist 8. Original Artwork by Carolyn Tourney Florek Local artist and poet Carolyn Tourney Florek depicts a barn owl flying in a winter scene in this 30”x42” acrylic painting. For the artist, it represents a transformation or transcendence from the ordinary and everyday which can blind us from the beauty of life. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Carolyn Tourney Florek
11. Handcrafted Knife Beautiful, one of a kind, San Mai Damascus Drop Point Skinner. San Mai is a laminated blade construction that was developed in Japan to add toughness and corrosion resistance in kitchen blades while maintaining the sharpness and durability of a high-carbide blade edge. To make San Mai Damascus, a highcarbon hard core material is sandwiched between two layers of more malleable, corrosion resistant steel — then the material is heated, hammered and folded to form unique patterns and layers with the steel. This knife is hand-crafted using a blank blade with custom finishing. The blade is a 1095 high-carbon core layered with 440c stainless steel and folded to 60+ layers. Average Rockwell hardness of the 440c is 56-58 rwc while the cutting edge is a thin carbide core. The handle is Merino ram’s horn with mosaic pin stock. The sheath is custom fitted and handmade using 10 oz. vegetable tan hide, double sewn with waxed nylon sinew. This project was custom built specifically for The Periwinkle Foundation and took 10+ hours to complete. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Sarah Wuensch
9. SpaceMan Home & Office Tired of digging through the clutter? Let SpaceMan Home & Office turn chaos into order with a redesign of your space. This $400 gift certificate can be used toward a custom closet, home office, garage or mudroom. Restrictions: Not redeemable for cash. May not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires October 5, 2014. Expired gift certificates may be redeemed at 50% value. Donor: SpaceMan Home & Office
12. Revana Wines Wine lovers will appreciate this exquisite wine package with wines by inspired wine maker, Heidi Barrett, from Alexana Vineyard in Oregon and Revana Winery in Napa Valley. Wines include 2012 Alexana Chardonnay, 2011 Alexana Pinot Noir and a signed 2004 Revana Winery Cabernet Sauvignon. As a special treat you receive a bottle of Revana Estate Olive Oil. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Dr. Jeff Wang
10. Custom Christmas Tree Always In Season is the premiere provider of holiday decorating, design and service in Houston. You have seen their displays in Highland Village, Market Street – The Woodlands and River Oaks Shopping Center. With three color combinations from which to choose, this custom, beautifully decorated 7- 1/2 foot holiday tree will come completely ready to install in your home or office. You pick the style and décor. Also included is a Mackenzie Childs ornament “First in Show” to adorn your holiday tree. Restrictions: Color choices are: blue, purple, red, green and gold; burgundy, copper and sage; or red, green and gold.
13. Elaine Turner Design A Texas woman with a chic cosmopolitan sense, Elaine Turner combines her love of exotic travels and colorful spaces, creating a collection of luxury handbags and shoes for every woman. Take home this Isla blush washed leather handbag tonight, then host your own Elaine Turner private shopping party with cocktails, light bites and a 20% discount on your purchases. Restrictions: Not exchanges or returns. Private party certificate is not transferable.
Donors: Always In Season, Melinda & Matt Mogas
Donor: Elaine Turner Design
14. Gibson Electric Guitar A timeless tribute to the man who started it all! The Les Paul Signature “T” is a sweet looking and great sounding electric guitar perfect for today’s gigging guitarist. It is uniquely designed with a blend of vintage style and modern versatility. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns.
18. Nouvelle Bague Bracelet Nouvelle Bague is one of the leaders in Italian jewelry. This bracelet in blue sugar paper enamel with rose gold and diamonds is sure to please any wrist lucky enough to own it. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Friend of Periwinkle
Donor: Gibson 15. Look Your Best! Visit your neighborhood fountain of youth, Glow Medical Aesthetics, for some relaxation and rejuvenation! Enjoy a HydraFacial™ to help reverse the signs of time and a SkinMedica chemical peel that gives your skin the smooth, healthy glow you’ve been dreaming of. This package also includes a consultation with Dr. Amy Woehrmann, a customized skin rejuvenation plan, and a cosmetics bag with 3 revolutionary SkinMedica products, along with a $200 gift certificate to BRSH Cosmetic & Comprehensive Dentistry for home teeth whitening. Restrictions: BRSH Dentistry: Expires November 2014. Glow Medical Aesthetics: Expires December 31, 2014. Donors: BRSH Cosmetic & Comprehensive Dentistry, Glow Medical Aesthetics 16. Calla Lilly Necklace Onyx Calla Lilly necklace with freshwater pearls and oxidized sterling silver chain from the Jill Reno Collection. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Jill Reno Collection 17. Golden Accessories You’ll be ready for a night out with your special someone with this beautiful bronze beaded evening bag and matching black shawl. Coordinate with this tourmaline chain necklace with green agate pendant and green agate and gold-plated earrings. Each piece is its own cut, giving you a unique one-of-a-kind set. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns.
19. Mr. Frat-tastic Roam campus in style with a custom made shirt from Rye 51 / Q Clothier. Complete the look with a needlepoint belt of your choice from Smathers & Branson and up your sock game with three pair of Sultana’s Daughter dress socks that are sure to impress. Finally, go classy at your spring formal with the ultimate Doni Barassi Retail Tuxedo Package. The package includes a tuxedo coat, pant, choice of day down or wing collar shirt, black vest and tie, and choice of black studs and cufflinks with gold or silver trim. Restrictions: Al’s Formal Wear: No other discounts or promotions apply. Certificate must be presented at time of reservation or purchase. No exchanges or refunds. Non-transferable. This certificate has no cash value. Expires April 30, 2015; Smathers & Branson: Gift Certificates cannot be applied to previously purchased merchandise or to ANY custom orders. Donors: Al’s Formal Wear, Rye 51/Q Clothier, Smathers & Branson, Sultana’s Daughter 20. Shopping Spree Calling all shopaholics! This shopping spree includes gift certificates to three of Houston’s most stylish women’s boutiques plus a black and white Chanel handbag to shop in style. With $100 to spend at French Cuff Boutique, experience a personal, convenient, and stylish shopping experience at this gem of a boutique. Add unique, chic pieces to your wardrobe with a $100 gift certificate to Leslie and Co. Ladies Store. Finally, accessorize those new outfits with one-of-a-kind jewelry from Mariquita Masterson, Inc.’s incredible selection with a $220 gift certificate. Restrictions: French Cuff: Not refundable for cash. Does not expire. Leslie & Co Ladies Store: Expires June 2014. Mariquita Masterson: Expires April 5, 2015. May not be used on sale items or to pay state sales tax.
Donors: Goldenstrand Jewelry, A Bientot Donors: French Cuff Boutique, Leslie & Co. Ladies Store, Mariquita Masterson Inc., Friend of Periwinkle
21. Houston Polo Club Pounding hooves, clacking mallets, and flying turf are all part of the excitement of polo, the sport of kings. Get ready to stomp the divots with your friends at the Houston Polo Club! This package includes 6 seats in the box stadium for any Sunday polo match and complimentary V.I.P. parking. Arrive in style carrying this vintage raffia and leather handbag with horse buckle and scarf. This package also includes your choice of a Cheeky Vintage shopping party or a Periwinkle shopping week – either way 20% of sale proceeds will be donated to Periwinkle. Restrictions: Cheeky Vintage: Mutually agreeable date. Expires December 2014. Houston Polo Club: Mutually agreeable date. Expires Decmeber 31, 2014. To be arranged in advance with the donor. No exchanges or refunds.
24. UT Weekends Hook ‘em horns! Get ready to don your burnt-orange attire with 4 tickets to watch the University of Texas Longhorns play either the West Virginia Mountaineers on November 8th or the TCU Horned Frogs on November 27th. On your next trip to Austin, enjoy a round of golf for 4 at the UT Golf Club and then dine on modern Mexican cuisine at La Condesa with this $400 gift certificate. Restrictions: LaCondesa: Dinner for four up to $400. UT Golf Club: Carts included. Forecaddie required. Expires December 15, 2014. Tee times available Tuesday through Thursday, and in the afternoons on weekends. Tee times not permitted home football games. Donors: Dallas & Keith Rowden, UT Golf Club – Austin, LaCondesa
Donors: Houston Polo Club/The Rae Family, Cheeky Vintage 22. Family Writing Workshop Parties specifically geared towards budding authors and book lovers? Say it isn’t so! With this package, Writers in the Schools (WITS) will lead two creative, interactive workshops – one for the adults and one for the kiddos. WITS will provide a professional writer for your child’s birthday party who will nurture their love of writing with imaginative writing activities, making sure each child leaves with their own masterpiece. Looking for a creative twist for your next party or book club? Have a professional writer from WITS host a fun, engaging writing workshop for the grown-ups as well! Restrictions: Expires April 5, 2015.
25. Houstonian Fitness Package It’s a new you! This 12 week fitness program includes participation in the Revolutionary Shape Up Program (RSU) – a comprehensive weight-management program that incorporates nutrition, cardiovascular exercise and resistance training, and works with all fitness levels and ages. The program includes 1 personal training session each week, 6 one-hour private sessions with a Registered Dietician, 2 Performance Coaching sessions and use of the Houstonian Club Fitness facilities, pools and locker rooms. Restrictions: Expires April 5, 2015. Gift certificate must be presented upon arrival. Must call ahead to reserve sessions based upon availability. Donor: The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa
Donor: Writers in the Schools (WITS) 23. Build a Better You Swimsuit season is fast approaching! Get in shape and achieve the results you’ve been dreaming of with this fitness package. With the ‘Build a Better U’ package from West U Fitness, treat yourself to a nutrition consultation, 30-minute private training session, and an introductory Pilate’s package. Learn to run that marathon you’ve been talking about with a membership to a USA Fit marathon or halfmarathon training program. Do it all in stylish active wear or shoes with your $200 gift certificate to Luke’s Locker. Restrictions: West U Fitness: Expires July 5, 2014. Donors: Luke’s Locker, USA Fit, West U Fitness
26. Houston Texans Are you ready for some football? Then plan to watch the Texans in action at a game of your choice in these 4 Club level seats. Red zone parking is included. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Donors: Marilyn & Louis Mogas 27. Houston Dynamo Fan Cheer on the Dynamo with this mini-season package. Your mini-season includes 4 VIP Passes to a game of your choice. VIP access includes 100 Level seats and sideline access before the game, where you can watch the team warm up. In addition, you will receive 4 tickets (200 level seating) to games on July 4th, August 15, September 6, and September 28. Restrictions: VIP Passes: Mutually agreeable date. Excludes 5/17, 7/4, and 7/19. Expires October 1, 2014. Parking Pass available only for 7/4, 8/15 and 9/28 games. Donors: Dynamo Charities/Houston Dynamo, Paula & David Kehr
28. Tony LaRussa Jersey Own a piece of Major League Baseball history with a St. Louis Cardinals jersey signed by Hall of Famer, Tony LaRussa. This three-time World Series Champion is one of the greatest managers in the history of baseball and one of the more interesting people to grace the sport. As manager of the Chicago White Sox, Oakland Athletics, and St. Louis Cardinals, LaRussa is the third-winningest baseball field boss of all time, surpassed only by legends Connie Mack and John J. McGraw Restrictions: This framed jersey will be delivered to the lucky winner in June.
32. New Orleans Saints Tickets, Sideline Passes and Signed Football We can’t forget about our Saints fans! Spend the day in Who Dat Nation cheering for the Saints. You and a guest will arrive with your pregame sideline passes 2 hours before the game to watch as the teams warm up. Then head to your club seats to enjoy the revelry of the Superdome. A signed football by Saints Punter, Thomas Morstead, is also included. Restrictions: Fall 2014 game. Mutually agreeable dates to be determined when the Saints football schedule is available.
Donors: Drs. Casey Pruitt & Fred Huang
Donors: Carlin Morstead, Thomas Morstead, Jude Trahan
29. JJ Watt Autographed Football Complete your sports collection with this football autographed by #99 JJ Watt, defensive end for the Houston Texans. This two-time NFL Pro Bowler and 2012 Sacks Leader is one of the most intimidating and talented defensive players in the League.
33. Jairus Byrd signed Football Jairus Byrd, three-time NFL Pro Bowler and newest member of the New Orleans Saints, is a safety feared by wide receivers across the league. This autographed football is a Saints fan must have!
Donor: Friend of Periwinkle
Donor: Jude Trahan
30. Johnny Football and Charlie Own two pieces of special memorabilia from this heartwarming pair of unsuspecting friends. Johnny Manziel (former Texas A&M quarterback) and Charlie Dina (six year old TCH cancer patient), both considered “underdogs” only two years ago, beat the odds to become true champions: a Heisman Trophy Winner and a strong childhood cancer SURVIVOR! This football signed by Manziel and original Making A Mark artwork by Dina make an excellent duo.
34. Real McCoy Duck Hunt This is the Real McCoy! A four man, one day waterfowl hunt for the 2014-2015 season. The Real McCoy Hunting Club is located on the Lissie-Egypt Prairie which has one of the largest concentrations of geese and ducks on the Texas Gulf Coast. All hunts are guided – your guide will do the calling and retrieving of all birds, using a dog or by hand. Restrictions: Not valid during the first two weekends of the season. Does not include accommodations, guns, shells, clothing or licenses.
Donors: Johnny Manziel, Making A Mark Donors: Donated in memory of D’Arcy Ansley, Ansley Poulson, Real McCoy Hunt, Bill Ansley, Hudg Ansley, Morrow Lou Sims, Julia & Bob Vidal 31. Texas A&M Football Package Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck! After two record-breaking seasons, Aggie Football tickets are hard to find! Secure your spot at Kyle Field this season with 4 tickets to the November 1st home game against Louisiana-Monroe. You’re also invited to spend the day with some good food, good drinks, and good company at the WB Valve Consultants tailgate. And if that wasn’t sweet enough, you also get a mini helmet signed by the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, Johnny Manziel. Now that’s good bull! Restrictions: No parking pass. Tickets not available until August 2014.
35. Colorado Getaway Whether you plan a winter ski trip or a summer vacation of hiking and biking, stay in this 2 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath condo located in Frisco, Colorado. This home is within 15 miles of four ski areas – Breckenridge, Keystone, A Basin and Copper Mountain. Drive 30 miles and you will be at Vail or Beaver Creek. Sleeps 8. Restrictions: Week must include one weekend only (no Saturday–Saturday or Sunday–Sunday). Blackout dates – Thanksgiving, Christmas through New Year’s day, last two weeks of March 2015. Expires April 5, 2015
Donors: WB Valve Consultants LLC, Sherri & Chris Boatwright Donors: Colleen & Brad Cozad
36. Opera Weekend Your weekend begins with 2 center orchestra seats to the Houston Grand Opera’s performance of Bizet’s Carmen…the femme fatale is ubiquitous in literature, from the biblical Delilah to Shakespeare’s Cleopatra to the smoky, dangerous beauties of the film noir era. Enjoy a before- or after-theater grand dining experience at Houston’s nationally renowned Uchi restaurant with this $100 gift certificate. Then check in to the Magnolia Hotel, originally the home for the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper and later the corporate office for Shell Oil Company, for a 1-night weekend stay in a king guest room. Your weekend concludes with brunch at RDG + Bar Annie. Restrictions: Houston Grand Opera: Winner to choose from one of the following performances – Wednesday, April 30, 2014; Friday, May 2, 2014; Thursday, May 8, 2014, all at 7:30 p.m. OR Sunday, April 27, 2014; Sunday, May 4, 2014, both at 2:00 p.m. Magnolia Hotel: Expires November 30, 2014. Valid at Magnolia Hotel Houston. Excludes New Year’s Eve. RDG + Bar Annie: Expires October 2014. Value not to exceed $75. Donors: Houston Grand Opera, The Magnolia Hotel, RDG + Bar Annie, Uchi and Uchiko
38. Little Mermaid Take your “Little Mermaid” to see The Little Mermaid at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts with these 2 tickets for seats in the front orchestra, rear orchestra, or mezzanine sections. Start your evening with dinner at the Briar Club with this $200 gift certificate. Restrictions: Theatre Under the Stars: Winner will choose from one of the following performances: June 15, 17, 18, or 19, 2014; evening performance only. Briar Club: Expires December 31, 2014. Donors: Mary Catherine & Michael Lewis, Theatre Under the Stars 39. Stages Repertory Season Tickets Stick around for the curtain call and you’ll go home with 2 season ticket subscriptions to the 2014 – 2015 season at Stages Repertory Theatre. This season’s lineup will be announced on April 11, 2014, but promises to have something of interest for every theater lover. Restrictions: Valid for 2014 – 2015 season. Donor: Stages Repertory Theater
37. Houston Ballet Weekend Pirouette on over to the Houston Ballet with these 2 orchestra seats for one of its Modern Masters performances. Then join Periwinkle’s own Sean Beck at either Backstreet Café, Hugo’s, Prego’s or Caracol for drinks and/or dinner with this $100 gift card. Sean will be happy to fix you one of his own special concoctions. We recommend The Violet Hour Drink for its uniquely Periwinkle color. Your evening concludes at the Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston in deluxe accommodations with breakfast the next morning. Restrictions: Houston Ballet: Winner will choose from one of the following performances: May 22, 24, 30, or 31, 2014 all at 7:30 p.m. or May 25 or June 1, 2014 both at 2:00 p.m. Must reserve at least 24 hours in advance. Subject to availability. Royal Sonesta Hotel: Parking & incidentals not included. Advance reservation required and subject to availability. Expires January 31, 2015. Donors: Houston Ballet, Melinda & Matt Mogas, Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
40. Woodlands Getaway Head north for this 1 night getaway for 2 with deluxe accommodations in Fairway Pines at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. You will receive unlimited access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, fitness center, and Forest Oasis Waterscape, as well as a full breakfast for 2. Invite 2 friends to join you at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion where you will have 4 orchestra level tickets for a Houston Symphony Performing Arts event from the 2014 Performing Arts Season. Restrictions: The Woodlands Resort: Subject to availability. Expires April 5, 2015. Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion: All tickets subject to availability; Expires December 31, 2014. Donors: The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
41. Houstonian Weekend When it comes to Houston hotels, there truly is nothing like The Houstonian. Long known as one of the finest hotels in Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is situated on an 18-acre wooded oasis right in the heart of the city. Your Houstonian Retreat includes a 2 night stay in a Concierge Level Deluxe Guestroom on a Friday and Saturday night, breakfast for 2 in Olivette or from room service, complimentary use of the fitness club, 1 Swedish Relaxation massage for 2, choice of 1 manicure or pedicure for 2 at the Trellis Spa at The Houstonian, and dinner for 2 at Olivette. Restrictions: Expires April 5, 2015. Gift certificate must be presented upon arrival. Reservations based upon availability. Donor: The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa 42. Sail Away in Galveston Bay Sail away in Galveston Bay on a 3-hour cruise for you and 5 friends on a 35-foot sailboat. Whether you’re looking for adventure or looking to relax, this is the cruise for you! Choose between a fast-paced race and a leisurely cruise. Enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres prepared by the Smither Family Kitchen as you take in the gorgeous views. Restrictions: Saturdays or Sundays, weather permitting on a mutually agreeable date. Expires October 11, 2014. Donors: Brantly Minor and Smither Family Kitchen 43. Jaguar for a Weekend Experience true luxury and sophistication with the opportunity to drive your dream car for the weekend! Take your pick between the Jaguar XJ or XF from Momentum Jaguar and experience beauty, power, and luxury in a refreshingly dynamic driving experience. Restrictions: Recipient will be able to pick up car on Friday after 5:00 p.m. and return it the following Monday by 10:00 a.m. Must be 21 or older. Must provide copy of current driver’s license and full coverage insurance. Vehicle subject to change based on availability. Local Drives only within the City of Houston. Certificate is non-transferable. Must be mutually agreeable date. Donor: Momentum Jaguar
44. Shall We Dance? Do you dream of taking your loved one out on the town for a night of dancing? Would you like a spectacular first dance at your wedding? Or are you interested in learning to dance and compete at a high level? Whatever your motive, discover the joy of dancing at River Oaks School of Dancing. You and another couple will enjoy 3 private lessons each and determine your own dance destiny – learn the Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Swing, Salsa, Two-Step, or choose from many other options! Also included with your private lessons are group classes and post-class “practice parties” – a place for you to practice your new moves with a variety of music, new friends, and a serve-yourself bar! After each lesson, treat yourselves to dinner at Seasons 52 Fresh Grill ($100 gift card), Sorrento Ristorante ($100 gift card) and Grand Lux Café ($50 gift card). Restrictions: River Oaks School of Dancing: Adults, Singles or couples. Classes and parties are included with your private lessons. Expires March 10, 2015. Sorrento: Not valid during holidays. Expires March 17, 2015. Donors: Grand Lux Café, River Oaks School of Dancing, Season 52 Fresh Grill, Sorrento Ristorante 45. Kata Robata Omakase Chef Tasting for 4 James Beard Award nominated Chef Manabu Horiuchi, “Hori – san”, will prepare an elaborate 9 course tasting for 4 guests. Enjoy a fascinating combination of alternating raw and cooked dishes. Kata Robata is Houston’s premier sushi and Japanese tapas restaurant, known for its unique flavors, bold culinary vision and the best sushi in Houston. Restrictions: Excludes alcohol and gratuity. Reservation required. Donors: Kata Robata, Blake Lewis 46. Garrison Brothers “Sit and Sip” for 16 Gather 15 of your closest (or rowdiest!) friends for a Bourbon 101 course and tasting with Garrison Brothers Distillery’s proprietor Dan Garrison. You host the party and they’ll do the rest! Garrison Brothers Distillery will provide a selection of unique and hard-to-find bourbon whiskeys for your guests to enjoy, gift bags for each guest, whiskey nosing glassware, and a proper nosing and tasting class. Want to serve dinner? Let the whiskey connoisseurs suggest dishes ideal for paring with bourbon. Also included in this package are 25 handmade cigars from the Dominican Republic. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Must be scheduled at least 2 months in advance. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Garrison Brothers Distillery, Chuck Walker
47. Fiesta Fiesta! Need an excuse to party? Host a spectacular fiesta with the help of the pros. Treat your guests to delicious, authentic Mexican cuisine from Amandos with chicken and beef fajitas for 20 people AND homemade tamales and signature salsas from Texas Tamale Company. Just add margaritas and cervezas! Restrictions: Armando’s: Excludes beverages, appetizers, desserts and gratuity. Valid Sunday or Mondays nights only. Expires April 5, 2015.
51. MKT BAR Gathering for 50 Venture downtown and host a private gathering for 50 with light bites! Located within Phoenicia Market Downtown, MKT BAR (abbreviated for Market Bar) is a hip beer and wine bar offering light bites and an urban, yet relaxed setting to share with friends on the weekend, unwind with coworkers after a long day, experience live music or check out local art on display. Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Food only, drink purchases are the responsibility of guests.
Donors: Armando’s, Texas Tamale Co. Donor: Phoenicia Foods & MKT BAR 48. Café Chino Cooking Class Learn to cook authentic Chinese food! Known for its delicious Hunan and Pan Asian cuisine, Café Chino was called the Best Hunan Restaurant in the United States by The New York Times, which also raved about Chef May’s menu. You and 7 friends will have the opportunity to venture into the Café Chino kitchen with Chef May and create your own Chinese feast. Restrictions: Saturday or Sunday only between 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015. Donor: Café Chino 49. Cinco Vodka Martini Party for 50 Made with only the best ingredients, Cinco Vodka is a Five Star Vodka with a remarkable flavor and drinkability that makes any martini a better one. Enjoy a martini party for up to 50 guests in your home or at a private venue with a bartender, set-ups, and enough Cinco Vodka for one night provided by the Cinco Vodka team. Your friends are sure to be shaken and stirred by this fabulous party! Restrictions: Does not include ice or glassware. Private home or venue only. Please give at least one month advance notice to book. If party exceeds 3 hours, host is responsible for additional hours pay to bartender. No holidays. Expires April 5, 2015.
52. Periwinkle 30th Anniversary Quilt This 30th Anniversary handcrafted quilt will warm your heart and soul! Featuring a collection of t-shirts from all things Periwinkle, this quilt has a unique history and was made with love! Donor: Lucy Rivera 53. Horseshoe Shadow Box This one-of-a-kind framed collection of wooden horseshoes embellished with beads was created by the many talented artists at Camp Periwinkle 2013. Periwinkle’s own resident Arts & Crafts crew framed and finished this piece to be shown off in any room! Donors: Camp Periwinkle Arts & Crafts 54. Crown Shadow Box This one-of-a-kind framed collection of wooden crowns embellished with beads was created by the many talented artists at Camp Periwinkle 2013. Periwinkle’s own resident Arts & Crafts crew framed and finished this piece to be shown off in any room!
Donor: Azar Distilling – Cinco Vodka Donors: Camp Periwinkle Arts & Crafts 50. Tiny Boxwood’s Gazebo Wine Dinner for 8 When you walk into the grounds, you’ll forget you’re in Houston! Tiny Boxwood’s is one of Houston’s most interesting cafes – its unique setting inspires a feeling of Napa Valley. Enjoy a wine dinner for 8 in a gorgeous gazebo with 16-foot ceilings. Restrictions: Gratuity excluded. Expires April 5, 2015.
55. Camp Periwinkle Bench This adorable, wooden bench was built with love by our dedicated Arts & Crafts Crew at Camp Periwinkle. Once primed and painted our Camp Periwinkle campers made their own special mark and wrote personal notes! It has been sealed to be enjoyed in most spaces.
Donor: Tiny Boxwood’s Donors: Camp Periwinkle Arts & Crafts
56. Healing Hand This large scale mosaic piece was created by Guest Artist, Reginald Adams, as part of the 2013 Making A Mark collaborative piece, Healing Hands. Reginald Adams is a fixture in the Houston arts community and has been involved in the creation of more than 180 murals and sculpture projects around the world. It was our distinct honor to work with Reginald on this project, and we are pleased to share this piece with you!
60. Baby Must Haves Take advice from a Pediatrician, Dr. Julia Conlon, MD FAAD. She has put together this basket filled with must haves for your new little one. Tucked in this package, you will also find favorite story books and Angel Dear blankies for swaddling. Perfect for an expecting mother! Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Julia Conlon, M.D.
Donor: Making A Mark 57. Peace, Rainbow, Unicorn, Glitter This jewel will brighten any room it enters. Representing the true spirit of our beloved Crystal, this hand-made, cut glass window was created to honor our Periwinkle friend and will bring love and color to any home. Donor: Pam Domingue 58. Xbox One Gamer Package For you gamers out there…we have the perfect package for you. Includes an Xbox One, wireless controller and charger, 4 games, and a 12-month Live Gold Membership. And to insure your comfort while playing, this package comes with a comfy gamer chair. Perfect way to spend a hot summer day inside. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donors: Tanya & Jerry Gee 59. Natural Approach Baby Basket If you are a mom or soon to be mom who prefers a more natural approach to parenting, this basket is for you! A variety of items from organic to reusable… everything you need to keep baby healthy and clean. Keep these items handy in this stylish red and white Kate Spade diaper bag for when mom is on the go. Also included are books on natural child birth, breastfeeding and even preparing baby food. Restrictions: No exchanges or returns. Donor: Shepherd’s Pediatric Care, PLLC
61. Little Picasso Do you have the next Picasso? Enjoy creating and learning at a 1 week art camp at the Glassell Junior School, MFAH. Then entertain 15 guests with a Mad Potter party. Need another project for her big imagination? Also included in this package is a fun doll house ready to be assembled and decorated. Restrictions: Glassell Junior School: Valid for Summer 2014 only. Not transferable. Must register for class within age group. The Mad Potter: Pottery pieces not included. Reservation required. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Tanya & Jerry Gee, Glassell Junior School, Museum of Fine Arts Houston, The Mad Potter 62. Fish Party Fishing for a fun time? Celebrate your next big birthday at Fish Gallery for 20. This package includes event room, guided Koi hand feeding, freshwater and saltwater touch tanks, and assistance for the duration of your party. Enjoy watching a display feeding of the 20-foot 3,700 gallon showroom aquarium. A LED aquarium is also included to enjoy your own fish tank at home. Restrictions: Parties are only held on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Maximum of 20 children and parents. No food/utensils provided. You may bring food & decorations, balloon artist and/or face painters. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Fish Gallery – Houston, Jennifer Vallone & Doug Klesel
63. Summer Fun Keep the whole family happy this summer! Your kids will be entertained at the J Camp at the ERJCC for 1 week enjoying BAMI, Kaleidoscope, Kindercamp, Gymnastics, Art or Tennis Camp. The fun doesn’t stop there. This packages also includes a pass for 4 children to attend the Gymnast Factory’s Fun Factory Friday. And there’s more…send the kids to Discover Gymnastics for 20 parent night hours (because parents need a little fun too!) Restrictions: Discovery Gymnastics: Cannot be exchanged or duplicated. Children must be age 3 or older and be potty trained. Reservations must be made in advance. Gymnast Factory: Must be 5 years old to participate. Expires August 23, 2014. J Camps at ERJCC: Summer 2014 only between June 2 – August 22, 2014. Day Camp expires July 31, 2014. Donors: Discovery Gymnastics, Gymnast Factory, J Camps at ERJCC 64. Vet for a Day Does your child dream of being a vet – or just want to spend the day with furry friends? Any child would love being a Vet for the day at Bay Creek Animal Clinic in League City. Learn about a day in the life of a Veterinarian with Dr. Valerie Mogas. Restrictions: Must be 10 years of age or older. Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015 Donor: Dr. Valerie Mogas 65. Fireman for a Day Sound the alarm and get the kiddos fired up for the party of the year. For your child’s next birthday, spend a special day with 20 friends and some of the Houston Fire Department’s best crew at Bush Intercontinental Airport putting out all sorts of fires. Your little fire fighter and friends will get a tour of the station, watch equipment demonstrations, take a ride on the truck, and much more. We have also included a family membership to the Houston Fire Museum! Restrictions: Houston Fire Department: School age children only. Limited to 20 children. Chaperones required with 1:5 adult/child ratio. Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: The Fire Museum of Houston, Kelly Miller and Houston Fire Department
66. Astronaut for a Day What a blast for a kid! Get an up-close and personal tour of a real Saturn V Moon rocket and narrative of space exploration’s future from Mark Craig, retired NASA Assistant Administrator and Manager of the Moon-Mars Exploration Program. Then off to lunch with Space Shuttle Astronaut and commercial space test pilot Lee Archambault at Texas Roadhouse. This is a day your child will never forget! Restrictions: Mutually agreeable date. Donors: Lee J. Archambault, Mark Craig, Texas Roadhouse 67. Pastry Chef for a Day Le Cordon Bleu here we come…Pastry Chef Sam Major will delight your little ones with this sweet treat. A 2-hour baking class in your home for up to 10 children ages 5 and up. Children will receive a recipe packet to take home. Sam Major was the Executive Pastry Chef at Marks American Cuisine and is currently cooking for Jackson & Company Catering. He graduated first in class for Culinary Institute of American in Hyde Park, NY. Nothing could be sweeter! Restrictions: Excludes holidays. Mutually agreeable date. Expires April 5, 2015. Donors: Sam & Nancy Major 68. Doc for a Day with Dr. ZoAnn Dreyer Spend a day at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers observing and learning about pediatric patient care! Texas Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric hospital in the United States. Dr. ZoAnn Dreyer, Director of the Long Term Survivor Program at Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Center, will be your host! Restrictions: Must be 15 years of age or older. Donors: Dr. ZoAnn Dreyer, Texas Children’s Hospital Thank you to our donors whose gifts were received after our print deadline.
Auction Information and Rules
Touch Screen Bidding
BIDDING: Live Auction bids must be communicated to an auction official. The auctioneer will determine the highest bidder in the Live Auction. Each bidder is financially responsible for his or her bid. Bidder does not have to be present to win. Group bidding is encouraged.
Three Ways to Bid
ALL SALES ARE FINAL: All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds on items once purchased unless otherwise specified. Auction items are not redeemable for cash. If an item is sold more than once, all display items included in package will go to the first buyer and will not be duplicated. PAYMENT: Payment by the successful Big Board and/or Live Auction bidder MUST be made at the time designated for Auction checkout. If the winning bidder leaves before the Auction checkout, he or she will be contacted the week after the gala to arrange for payment and pick up of the item. Cash, check, American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are acceptable forms of payment. Payment may be mailed to The Periwinkle Foundation, 3400 Bissonnet Street, Suite 185, Houston, Texas 77005. Charitable donation is equal to the amount of the purchase above the fair market value of item. AIRLINE/TRIPS: Reservations for airfare, auto rentals, hotel rooms, private dinners, entertainment and services may be subject to availability and must be mutually arranged with donor unless otherwise specified. Holiday blackout periods may apply. ITEMS NOT CLAIMED: If the item is not paid for and picked up from The Periwinkle Foundation office within seven (7) working days, the item may go to the next bidder. ITEM EXPIRATION: Please note any special restrictions on gift certificates. Unless otherwise specified, all auction items and services expire one year from the date of the Gala. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to arrange redemption, not The Periwinkle Foundation. TAX, GRATUITIES, ALCOHOL: Tax, gratuity and alcoholic beverages are not included in entertainment and dining packages unless otherwise specified. EVERYTHING IS “AS IS”: All auction items are offered on an “as is” basis. All descriptions of auction items are for the sole purpose of identifying the items, and seller disclaims any express or implied warranties. Values of some items being auctioned are estimates and are not guaranteed by The Periwinkle Foundation for tax purposes or general value. CHECK-OUT: Check out will begin at 10:30 p.m. after Big Board closes. All items must be removed by the end of the Gala after showing a paid receipt. DISPUTES: In the event of a dispute, a Periwinkle Foundation official will determine the winning bidder. The decision will be final. Auctioneer Rusty Mertink Texas License #11603
*First bid must be made on a touch screen or iPad and you can opt-in to text bidding
Enter the minimum bid or enter the maximum bid you are willing to pay and the computer will bid for you.
Big Board Auction Closing
The Auctioneer will announce auction closing. If there have been no bids in the last 60 seconds, the item will close. If there is a bid within 60 seconds of the auction closing, there will be extended bidding. Time will continue to extend by 60 seconds each time there is a bid placed until the item closes. Big Board will begin to close 15 minutes after the program. Text bidding will close immediately after the end of the program. Bids made during the final 15 minutes must be made on and iPad or touch screen device.
Thank You to our Grab Bag Donors
2 Friends Folk Art A.D. Players Jo Adams, Hue Salon Beautique Day Spa & Salon Beck’s Prime Restaurants Bella Rinova Salon Belleville International BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse The Boardroom Salon for Men Randy Brady Carol & Joe Birkofer Charlie’s Barbeque Children’s Museum of Houston Anne & John Clutterbuck ComedySportz Houston The Container Store Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Corner Bakery Café Dave & Buster’s Jen & Andrew Dice Tunde Dokun Pam & Johnnie Domingue ZoAnn & Jeff Dreyer El Tiempo Catina Etheria Salon & Day Spa Friends of Periwinkle Tanya & Jerry Gee Goode Co. Gulf Greyhound Park Kaci & Phil Guy Hair by Cortni Hair by Shara Heart’s Delight Hilton Houston Post Oak Neil Hoare Houston Arboretum & Nature Center Houston Fire Museum Houston Museum of Natural Science Houston Polo Club Houston Swim Club Improv Comedy Clubs Jenifer & Scott Jarriel Asmaa Kassab Jennifer Vallone & Doug Klesel Kokoon
Jenan Adham* Dr. Besma Adham Jennifer* & Chris Arntzen Alice* & Norris Barry Mary & Sean* Beck Carol & Joe* Birkofer Ann & Bill* Boone Marsha* & Larry Bower Carrie Robinson-Cannon & Dr. Bryan* Cannon Mary Jo* & Mick Cantu Marti* & Jack Carr Anne & John* Clutterbuck Nancy E.* & Michael Cogan Cathy Connolly* Alison Connor* Janet & David* Cunningham Jenifer* & Andrew Dice Angela & Mike Dina Drs. ZoAnn* & Jeff Dreyer Nita & Rad* Eanes, Ph.D. Drs. Jayne* Finkowski-Rivera & Carlos* Rivera Sarah* & Doug Foshee Janet & Brian* Franklin Michelle* & Paul Fritsch Anita & Stuart Gaylor Rhonda & Dr. Paul* Gerson Laura & Dan* Hannon Dr. Joanie Hare* Amy & Gary Haymond
Susan Leining Lucky Strike Lanes Main Event Marsha Bower Mary Kay Bill McCann Kathy & Dave McCarthy MECOX Menchie’s Marilyn & Louis Mogas Melinda & Matt Mogas MOGAS Industries Mountasia Mr. Car Wash Museum of Fine Arts, Houston National Museum of Funeral History NiaMoves Nothing Bundt Cakes Paisley House Premier Designs Revel Technology Rice Athletics River Oaks Donuts Robyn’s Nest Roula’s Nail Spa Lynn & Mike Sadler Maite Sainz Schlitterbahn Waterparks & Resorts Seasons 52 SeaWorld Sensia Studio & Japanese Day Spa Shade The Shade Shop Judy & Chris Simon Snap Kitchen Sonik Vision Stella & Dot Mary Nell & Doug Suell Sundance Cinema Sweaty Bands Texas Tamale Co. Trenza Vintage CrossFit Weekly Family YMCA West U Fitness
Monica & Dr. Hubert* Ho Drs. Casey Pruitt & Fred* Huang Jenifer* & Dr. Scott* Jarriel Caroline & Houston Jones Liz* & Rod Kelley Jennifer Vallone & Doug Klesel Dawn & Andrew* Koenig Thao & Steve* Lai, O.D. Robert Lazzari Margarita Longoria* Kathy* & Max McCarthy Hannah & Cal McNair Ann & Dan* T. Moody Alex & Dr. Robert Ochoa Dr. Erin & Eric* Otness Cynthia* & Anthony Petrello June & Dr. David Poplack Dr. Rayne Rouce* Judy* & Christopher* Simon Megan & Rick* Sperandio Sarah & Stephen* Sprengnether David Steinhart* Dr. Phil Steuber* Hailey & Mark Stevens Drs. Mary Nell* & Doug Suell Laura & Winston* Talbert Sara & Larry* Tharp Jackie* & Jim Vogel Bria & Blake Warren * Board/Advisory Board Member
Join The Periwinkle Foundation in 2014
Doug Suggitt Executive Director
Aaron Jean Director, Development and Community Engagement
Friends of Periwinkle Bingo Night
Larry Geiger Director, Programs
Presented by BG Group June 2014
Erin Overhouse Manager, Community Programs
Alice Rohrman Coordinator, Development
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Katherine Koinis Coordinator, Operations and Development
Making A Mark
Sherri Boatwright Administrative Assistant
Camp YOLO & Family Camp
Event Production In Any Event/Niki Smith
April 25 – 27, 2014
May 1, 2014
Camp Periwinkle Days
August 3 – 9, 2014
Opening Exhibit Reception September 7, 2014
September 19 – 21, 2014
Long Term Survivor Retreat October 17 – 19, 2014
Mission The Periwinkle Foundation develops and provides programs that positively change the lives of children, young adults and families who are challenged by cancer and other life threatening illnesses and are cared for at Texas Childrenâ€™s Hospital. www.periwinklefoundation.org
Published on Apr 1, 2014
Periwinkle Downs Triple Crown Gala will be flying out of the gates on April 5, 2014 at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. The evening celebrates 30 ye...