Page 34

Southern New Hampshire University seas. Summer programs are also available through program providers. SNHU also offers our programs at our partner schools abroad. Our hospitality program is offered at the Trinity International School of Management in Crete, Greece, and School of Business courses are offered at HELP International College of Technology in Klang, Malaysia.

Two-, three- and four-year programs are available. The fouryear program is open to freshmen and to transfer students who began ROTC at another institution. In addition to oncampus ROTC course requirements, students must attend an officer-preparatory training session for six weeks during the summer between their junior and senior years.

All students in the study abroad program are required to have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and to be in good academic and social standing. For more information regarding the SNHU Study Abroad program contact Lydia Chiang, Director of the Study Abroad Programs at 603.629.4648, or visit the Web page at

ROTC is open to all students pursuing baccalaureate degrees who have a minimum of two academic years or more remaining within their degree programs. Entering freshmen may pre-register for Military Science 413 Introduction to ROTC (Army ROTC) or AERO 415 The Foundations of the USAF I (Air Force ROTC). Courses consist of classroom instruction combined with a leadership laboratory and are held at the University of New Hampshire in Durham.

Student Exchange Courses Southern New Hampshire University students are eligible to take courses at New Hampshire College and University Council (NHCUC) member institutions during the regular academic year. Courses must be approved in advance by the registrar and are subject to available space. Courses completed at other institutions under the program are recorded on SNHU transcripts and grades are computed into the SNHU average. Colleges and universities participating in this program in addition to Southern New Hampshire University are Colby-Sawyer College, Daniel Webster College, Franklin Pierce College, Keene State College, New England College, Plymouth State University, Rivier College, St. Anselm College, the University of New Hampshire and the University of New Hampshire, Manchester. Students involved in the exchange program are subject to the rules, regulations and restrictions in both the home and visited institutions. Students should, therefore, seek the counsel of the exchange representative, the SNHU registrar, prior to enrolling in such courses.

Army and Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps The Army and Air Force offer Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs leading to a commission as a second lieutenant in their respective services. Both programs are open to men and women. Students in either ROTC program may pursue any university curriculum that leads to a baccalaureate or higher degree.


Sophomores desiring to enter ROTC should check with either the Army or Air Force enrollment advisers located in Zais Hall at the University of New Hampshire. Two-year ROTC programs are open to students who have two academic years of study remaining at the university. Applicants for the two-year program must attend a six-week training session during the summer immediately before entering into ROTC, prior to their junior years. Students in Air Force ROTC are required to take a math-reasoning course from a list approved by the professor of aerospace studies as part of the curriculum.

ROTC Scholarships The Army and the Air Force offer ROTC scholarships. Entering freshmen may compete for four-year scholarships during the last year of high school. Students in the four-year and two-year ROTC programs compete for scholarships to cover the cost of their remaining academic years. Scholarships cover full tuition, all mandatory university fees and required textbooks for all courses. Limits may be placed on these scholarships depending upon the type and amount of expenses incurred. All scholarship recipients also receive a tax-free $200 monthly subsistence allowance. More specific information about ROTC scholarships and programs may be obtained by contacting the professor of military science (Army ROTC) at 603.862.1078 or the professor of aerospace studies (Air Force ROTC) at 603.862.1480.

SNHU Undergraduate Catalog 2009-2010  

Southern New Hampshire University 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog