GUEST SERVICES GUIDE
BAR HARBOR/OCEANSIDE HOLIDAY KOA
Bar Harbor Oceanside Holiday KOA is the last of its kind in Maine with its natural waterfront. Come wade in the tidal pools, launch your kayak & paddleboard or watch the sunset melt into the Western Bay.
Site #: Wi-Fi:
Bar Harbor/Oceanside Holiday KOA I 136 County Road, Hancock County I Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Information: (207) 288-3520
KOA.com/campgrounds/bar-harbor-oceanside Guest Guides
2 www.acadianboattours.com Pu ns Lighthouses Somes Sound 1 Farm Fresh Produce & Flowers “ We Grow Our Own” Fresh Bread & Pies • Dairy Jams & Jellies Farm Raised Meats Morton’s Moo Homemade Ice Cream 39 Hw y 1 at the Ellswor th/Hancock Town Line Open 9am - 5pm Daily Mid-April to Mid-Oct 207- 667-1359 Simons Hancock Farm & Greenhouse www.simonshancockfarms.com Family Owned - Operated for over 30 years 4 8 Railroad Siding Rd., Hancock ForTickets & Reservations Experience a timeless railroad journey on-board the Downeast Scenic Railroad. Ride this historic rail line originally built in the eighteen hundreds, pulled by vintage locomotives and restored passenger cars. Learn about the history of rail travel from a time gone by! Trains depart Sat.and Sun. from 8 Railroad Siding Rd., Hancock for the 1hr-45minute trip. Established 2010 Established 2010 5 eat, drink & be messy.™ Stop by today to see just what Maine is all about. Take it from us – when you’re this close, you can really taste the freshness. Bring in this ad during your visit & get a free soft drink. Free Soft Drink! 182 Clark Point Road | Southwest Harbor, Maine 04679 207-244-3202 | www.bealslobster.com 3 COMPLETE TIRE SERVICE, INC. Alignments • Brakes • Shocks RV & Travel Trailer Tires 204 High St. • Ellsworth www.completetireservice.com 207-667-5344 2 At Atlantic Brewing Company 15 Knox Rd., Bar Harbor, ME 8 Dan Stewart Bangor, ME 207-889-3165 Certi ed Rv Technician Dan207Rv@gmail.com 207Rv.com 7 www.bhlobster.com
GUIDELINES FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
CHECK-IN TIME – 4:00 pm for all Sites & Cabins.
CHECK-OUT TIME – 10:00 am for Cabins & Airstreams and 11:00 am for RV & Tent Sites.
EMERGENCIES – Please dial 911 for any Fire, Police or Ambulance emergencies. For after-hours campground assistance, dial 207-288-3520 ext 4. Please note that lack of wi-fi is not an emergency.
QUIET HOURS – Please observe quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am. This includes the use of generators.
GENERAL GUIDELINES – Management reserves the right to evict, without refund, anyone violating guidelines or engaging in objectionable conduct. Management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries or losses incurred from any cause. So be nice & play nice.
REGISTRATION/STORE – The Registration/Store hours vary and are posted at the entrance.
LAUNDRY – The laundry facilities are available 24/7. Quarters and laundry soap are available at Registration or Lobster Trap Café.
CAMPING UNIT/VEHICLE – Only one camping unit and one vehicle permitted per campsite. Additional vehicles may be permitted based on space available, are subject to additional fees, and may or may not be at original site. Please make arrangements in advance at Registration.
CABINS – Cooking permitted in designated cabins only.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT – While a damage deposit is not required, please note that removal or damages caused by a guest to a campsite, cabin, and/or including lost keys or removing back flow preventers may be assessed a fee(s).
ROADS & SPEED LIMIT – The Campground road speed limit is 5-1/2 mph and are shared with bikes and pedestrians. Please drive like your kids play here... because they are.
OCEANFRONT – You are free to swim, play, launch, and walk in the Atlantic Ocean. Please use the designated public access only. Cutting through someone else’s campsite is bad camping etiquette. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Swimming is at your own risk.
PETS – All well behaved pets are welcome, but pets must be kept on a leash and quiet at all times. Please do not leave your pets unattended and always clean up after them. A pet walk and dog park are provided for your convenience. Aggressive pets and their owners may be asked to leave without refund.
CABLE – Cable is limited to the Deluxe Cabins.
MOPEDS, ATVs, GOLF CARTS & MINI-BIKES – Mopeds, ATVs, Golf Carts and Mini-bikes are considered additional vehicles at the site and should be registered and have tags. These vehicles are subject to all guidelines including speed limits, storage and possible additional fees.
ELECTRIC VEHICLES – Are permitted to charge at designated stations only. Please inquire at Registration.
GUESTS – You are responsible for your guests and they must be registered at the Office. Overnight guests are subject to extra person charges.
RESTROOMS/SHOWERS – Facilities are open around-theclock. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
DISHES – Hot water is provided at the OUTDOOR sinks for your convenience. Please do not use the restroom.
GRAY WATER – We operate under strict environmental regulations. The dumping of gray water (including dishwater) on the ground is against the Mount Desert Island and US federal conservation laws. Please use designated sewer receptacles/stations.
FRESH WATER ALERT! – Fresh water is a precious commodity on the island - please conserve whenever possible. All RV water valves are required be law to have a backflow preventer attached. This valve does not restrict, reduce, or regulate the water flow to your unit in any way. Please do not remove.
SEPTIC SYSTEM – Our septic system is a utility shared by all our guests. To keep it healthy please refrain from flushing personal wipes, paper towels, feminine products of any kind. All toilet paper should be 100% biodegradable and rapidly-dissolving, made for RVs or Boats. You are required to use the Dump Station to dump porta-potties.
WASHING OF VEHICLES – Local town ordinances prohibit washing or repairing of vehicles onsite.
Marine Wildlife Protection Act – It is a federal offense to harass or interfere in any way with seals, beavers, birds, and dolphins. Please do not approach them. If you believe they are in distress, please let us know immediately and we will call someone that is trained to help.
WIRELESS INTERNET – Please connect to the strongest wi-fi signal and open a browser. This KOA Wi-Fi system is intended for guest pleasure and maybe used to browse, email, and video streaming. However, gaming, tethering, signal sharing, and business use are not guaranteed. If you need additional assistance please call 207.288.3520 and follow the prompts. By using the password, you agree and understand the conditions above. Password: OCEANSIDE04609
4 Western Bay Central Park Pocket Park Wagon Corral #2 #3 #1 Pebble Beach Public Access Public Access ENTRANCE After Hours Assistance 207-288-3520 press #4 CHECK-IN TIME 4:00 pm for all Sites & Cabins CHECK-OUT TIME 10:00 am for Cabins & Airstreams 11:00 am for RV & Tent Sites Sunset Patio Lobster Trap Café Lobster Trap Café
ONEWAY ONE WAY 830 829 828 118 116 115 114 113 112 119 120 121 122 347 348 349 350 354 357 356 358 351 352353 355 123 124 125 126 127 128 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 215216 217 218219220 225 224 223 222 221 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 336 367 366 365 370 376 369 362 363 364 360 359 361 371 272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 138 139 140 141 401 402 40 3 404 406 405 255 254 253 252 260 261 262 26 3 375 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 7 13 11 12 10 17 14 15 16 374 372 373 150 151 901 251 312 311 814 831 309 310 815 816 817 818 827 819 154 153 152 410 409 408 407 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 426 424 425 902 903 149 411 GaGa Ball
5 3 3 198 102 COUNTYRD Registration & Store HERE T o Ellsworth To Bar Harbor To Bar Harbor Island Explorer Bus Stop Water Access CAMPGROUND T o SW Harbor 812 813 806 803 804 802 801 811 421 808 809 810 814 807 805 308 307 309 826 823 825 824 422 420 905 906 820 821 822 LEGEND 50 Amp Full Hookup Oceanfront/Water/Electric Water/Electric Tent Prime/Water/Electric Prime Tent (Prime tents may have all or some of the following: water, electricity, kitchen lean-to, prime location) Deluxe Cabins Playground Horseshoes Cornhole Game Dump Station Laundry Restrooms Restrooms Handicapped Showers Water Propane Dumpster Swimming Outdoor Sink Patio Airstream Camping Cabin Dock Paw Pen
6 BAR HARBOR AIRPORT TO ELLSWORTH OTTER CREEK INDIAN PT HADLEY PT SALISBURY COVE BASS HARBOR HEAD LIGHTHOUSE FERRY TO SWANS ISL & FRENCHBORO JORDAN POND HOUSE ACADIA NAT'L PK (VISITOR CENTER) EASTERN BAY THUNDER HOLE OTTER CLIFFS SEAL HARBOR GREENING ISL ISLESFORD TRENTON TOWN HILL GREAT CRANBERRY SOUTHWEST HARBOR BASS HARBOR SAND BEACH SCHOONER HEAD CRANBERRY ISL. FERRY CRANBERRY ISL FERRY SUTTON ISL SOMESVILLE CROOKED RD DRNORWAY KN O X RD GRETAS LN FRENCHMAN BAY WESTERN BAY HARBOR LN BAR HARBOR RD BAR HARBOR RD BARHARBORRD HULLS COVE RAP K L O O P R D T( W O W AY ) MT DESERT ISLAND NORTHEAST HARBOR CADILLAC MOUNTAIN CADILLAC MOUNTAIN WESTSIDE MARKET PLAZA HARBOR DR. BAR HARBOR POST OFFICE POST OFFICE POST OFFICE BAR HARBOR REGENCY SHORE RD LIT TLE ISLAND WAY UNION RIVER BAY UNION RIVER BLUE HILL BAY SEAL COVE SEAL COVE POND GREAT LONG POND ECHO LAKE SOMES SOUND FRENCHMAN BAY ATLANTIC OCEAN BAKERS ISL OA K P OINT RD (ONE W A Y ) 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 230 204 230 233 198 198 198 198 102 102 102 102A 102 These businesses are recommended by your host. Please let them know you are staying at Bar Harbor KOA Campground. BAR HARBOR/ OCEANSIDE KOA KOA.COM 1 182 184 HANCOCK TO ELLSWORTH TO FRANKLIN 1 HANCOCK TO ELLSWORTH WYMANRD MAIN ST RAILROAD SIDING SUNRISE TRAIL WASHINGTONJUNCTIONRD 1 THORSENRD 1 STANWOOD PLEASANTST PL MAIN ST WEST ST EDEN ST HOLLAND RODICK ST BAR INNHARBOR PIER WAYMAN LN BAR HARBOR MTDESERT ST POST OFFICE 04609 HOSPITAL ABBE MUSEUM KENNEBEC ST PLKENNEBEC COTTAGE ST FIREFLY LN 3 233 3 102 102 102A MA I N S T SOUTHWEST HARBOR CLARKPOINTRD TO SOMESVILLE Clark Point ELLSWORTH S T A TE ST STSOUTH HIGH ST STSTATE MAIN ST UNIONST MILL MALL MAINE COAST MALL POST OFFICE HOSPITAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TO BREWER & BANGOR OAK ST FRANKLIN TO HANCOCK & SCHOODIC (EAST) TO TRENTON & ACADIA NAT'L PARK BUCKSPORT RD UNION MYRICK ST KINGSLAND CROSSING RIVER 1A 1 1 3 3 172 230 11 18 2 1 1 11 8 13 4 14 9 7 16 3 5 10 17 12 Large Menu • Full Bar Freshest Lobsters Friendly Atmosphere Kids’ Menu • Big Rig Friendly 207-422-3723 792 US Hwy 1 Hancock, ME 04640 www.ruthandwimpys.com Dine In Or Take Out Large Covered Deck 9 10
Earth Day is Every Day
1. Save our trees! Beetle Blight is real, don’t bring wood from out of state.
2. Keep the wild in the wildlife. Seals, Skunks, Chipmunks, Bears, Squirrels, Birds, Deer, Moose should be viewed from a distancenever feed.
3. Please appreciate the trees, bushes and flowers where they are - removal or cutting results in seashore erosion and animal habitat disruption.
Pups and Pets
1. Pick up poop, even at your own site.
2. Keep them penned or leashed, confined to your site.
Walk This Way
1. Don’t cut through other sites.
2. Access the Ocean at designated areas.
What’s That Smell
1. Don’t dump while others are around/eating if possible.
2. Avoid unnecessary vehicle idling or running motors/machines that expel fumes.
3. Dispose of waste properly, sort rubbish and recycling.
1. Be considerate about running those motors & machines.
2. Mind the language.
3. Respect quiet hours.
4. Don’t be the self-appointed camp-wide DJ.
5. For early morning departures, consider packing up the night before.
Lights: (“Glow w/ the flow?”)
1. People camp so they can see the stars. Save the bright & blinky lights for the city.
2. Turn off outside & decorative lighting when you turn in for the night.
1. Never leave a fire unattended.
2. Always completely extinguish every fire when leaving or going to bed by pouring water on the coals.
PROUD TO BE A
Rooted in our belief that quality time outside strengthens relationships, it is natural that we take pride in preserving the land, trees & water that our campgrounds share. Our goal is to plan, design, construct and operate the Bar Harbor Oceanside campground with a commitment to sustainability. We hope to Educate and Inspire you, our guests, to not just think Conservation but to invite you to join us. Here are a few ways we at Oceanside KOA Save Energy, Conserve Water and Divert Waste and then go the extra mile to be proactive with new ideas. Do you have an idea to share? Please tell us!
• Inside we are changing lighting to to LED bulbs. Additionally, outside, we are focusing our effort to solar and motion activated.
• Removing hot water from guest laundry saves electricity and water.
• Recycle bottles, cans, plastic, glass via Clynk and donate all funds to Kids Care Camps.
• Limit the # of printed materials by communicating via text.
• Use biodegradable “soyware” forks, spoons, straws and condiment containers & paper-based to-go containers.
• Firewood sold in cloth web bags to be reused or burned as Firestarter.
• Print this Guest Guide on non-gloss 100% post consumer paper (also easier to break down in the landfill).
• Installed low flow commodes .
• Prohibit washing vehicles at the camp to prevent unfriendly chemicals from seeping into the ground water.
• All camp lighting is limited and down facing to prevent unnecessary light pollution.
• All Camp cleaning supplies are non-phosphorus and biodegradable.
• Doggy do-do bags are biodegradable.
• Recycle disposable masks into fire starters.
Whether you are new to camping, or a veteran RVer, there are some simple do’s and don’ts that will make everyone a Happy Camper.
•HARDWARE •HOUSEWARES •LAWN & GARDEN •OUTDOOR FURNITURE •PLUMBING •ELECTRICAL
•LUMBER •TARPS •PICNIC TABLES •PROPANE •GAS GRILLS www.hammondlumber.com
•GAS GRILLS Bar Harbor 207-288-9755 • Ellsworth 207-667-7134 11 Fresh-Picked Lobster Rolls Daily Dine-In • Take-Out Full Bar • Beer & Wine 207-901-0029 barharborlobsterbakes.com 10 Route 3 Bar Harbor, ME Inside & Outside Seating Free Parking 12
•HARDWARE •HOUSEWARES •LAWN & GARDEN •OUTDOOR FURNITURE •PLUMBING
•LUMBER •TARPS •PICNIC
• Free Wi-Fi • Shaded RV & Tent sites • Camping Cabins & Deluxe Cabins • Outdoor Cinema • Kamp K9 Dog Park • 2 Large Swimming Pools • Catch & R elease Pond • Pancake Breakfasts NEW Y O RK C IT Y/ NEWBURGH KOA Box 382, Plattekill, NY 12568 www.newburghkoa.com 1-8OO-562-722O Offer not val d with any other offer except the KOA Value Kard Expires 12/31/2023 Some Act v ties Seasonal $ 1O . OO OFF fresh local seafood live or cooked 882 State Highway 3 • Bar Harbor 207-288-4855 www.c-raylobster.com 16 Hannaford Products, Quality & Pricing Premium Shell Gasoline Your Full Service Grocery Store Supplied by Hannaford 207-412-0221 • 1007 Bar Harbor Rd. • Trenton Fresh Meat • Deli/Café • Steamed Lobsters • Pizza to Go Catering Available • Local Produce • Bakery • Gift Items Health & Beauty Care • Liquor • ATM • Propane Tanks Exchange Ice and so much more... www.edwardsbrotherssupermarket.com or visit us on Facebook 24 FUELING H UR 17 © 2023 AGSPUB.COM • CROWLEY, TX 76036 • (877) 518-1989 • 3-23 KWH • MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • D1515 EJF 14395 Full Line of Gemstone & Diamond Jewelry Master Goldsmith & Repair Shop Onsite www.ellsworthjewelers.com 126 Downeast Hwy • Ellsworth 207-610-1735 “Where Downeast Maine Gets Engaged!” 14 Maine’s Largest RV Dealer Extensive Parts Store www.webbsrv.com Large selections of RV & Marine Sales • Parts • Accessories www.webbsrvmarine.com 2 Locations to better serve you Webb’s RV & Marine WEBB’S RV CENTER 207-942-2900 207-989-4300 1206 Hammond St • Bangor, ME 102 Main Rd • Holden, ME “Sharpest Pencil in Town” 15 HOLDEN MAINRD WILSONST 1A 395 TO BREWER TO HERMON TO HOLDEN 15 Exit 6A 95 95 395 BANGOR 2 202 2 BANGOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HAMMONDST TO WATERVILLE TO AUGUSTA TO HOWLAND 15 8 South Street • Ellsworth www.lobsterpot.com Open from June to Mid Oct Serving Dinner Nightly 207-667-5077 18 www.thetravelinlobster.com 1569 State Hwy 102, Bar Harbor Bar Harbor Caught Lobsters Delivered Fresh Daily Lobster Dinners & Rolls Grill Items & More... 207-288-8028 207-288-8028 13