NON PROFIT NEWS
MDDF AT THE 2015 RMDC AND BEYOND!
The Metro Denver Dental Foundation has a lot going on at the 2015 RMDC and into the New Year! There’s something for everyone, so join in the fun.
The good times continue even after RMDC.
• Make your first stop each morning of RMDC the Coat Check in Room 701. For a small donation, we’ll take good care of your coat, hat and bags while you attend sessions.
• The 2nd annual Feed the Foundation event will be held in April 2015 – look for all of the delicious details to be announced soon on our website, www.mddf.org.
• Relax with friends at the Friday Night Party at the Hyatt Regency from 5:30pm – 8:30pm on the 23rd. There will be music, dancing and prizes – be there!
• The Shred Event will be held on Saturday, June 6, 2015. Details will be available at our RMDC Booth.
• Visit the MDDF booth outside the Expo Hall and learn more about what MDDF – your Foundation, does in your Community – and how you can be involved.
• MDDS is hosting a Casino Night at MWDI on Friday, March 20, 2015 benefitting MDDF. We’re betting you’ll have a great time.
• Mark your calendar for the 10th Anniversary Molars Golf Tournament on Friday, September 11, 2015 at the home of Molars – The Ridge at Castle Pines North.
CARING PROFESSIONALS SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
TOOTHFUL TALES, BECOMING ME CAVITY FREE! DEBUTS AT RMDC Written and Illustrated by Jeanette Courtad, DDS in collaboration with the Horowitz Center for Health Literacy at the UMD School of Public Health
he award-winning Toothful Tales book series is about to launch a new addition to its list of children’s dental books. Member dentist, Dr. Jeanette Courtad, has just completed a collaboration with Alice Horowitz, RDH, MA, PhD and her department at the Horowitz Center for Health Literacy at the UMD School of Public Health. The Center approached Dr. Courtad after reviewing the currently available dental picture books, with the request that she use her tooth characters to teach underserved, new mothers about how to care for their newborn’s oral health. Toothful Tales, Becoming Me Cavity Free! is the result of this collaboration. The new book serves as a prequel to the other two books in the series by taking reader back in time to when the tooth characters were baby teeth. “Baby mouth” is the setting for this story, told as the previous books are, from the tooth’s point of view – where the tooth characters
arrive, one by one, until the mouth is filled with well cared for teeth. They are introduced to tooth-healthy foods and habits like Lift-theLip, being brushed with a smear of toothpaste and going to their first dental visit before “Baby” turns one. “Mom” has a starring role in this tale, but the teeth make the astute observation that “Mom” can go by other names like “Dad”, “Grandma” or “Bob” (except for the pregnancy guidelines), since all members of the caregiving team should be aware of the recommendation so that “Baby” can be cavity free! Dr. Courtad will have her new book for sale in paperback at the MDDF booth at RMDC, along with her other two books in hardcover and Spanish editions. A percentage of all Toothful Tales book sales at the RMDC is donated to the foundation to help with its educational component along with its mission to help underserved women in its Smile Again Program®.
2015 RMDC EDITION