Architectural Intern –Summer 2023
Company: McLemore Luong Architects, LLC
McLemore Luong is looking for a 12-week Architecture Summer Intern. This internship is not about eternal menial administrative work or fetching coffee - though none of us are above admin duties or coffee runs. Instead, you will be an integral part of our team in Houston and learn the real-world applications of your studies. You will be included in generating design and concept work while teaching you the ins and outs of how buildings are put together. We gather as a complete team around our studio to take whiteboard sketches to production documents using Revit, Autocad, Sketchup, and Enscape along the way. You will have a dedicated one-on-one mentorship with our principals and senior associates, who have over ten decades of combined experience and are invested in your future development.
• Work with our team to design and produce documents for projects ranging from high-rise multi-family to community centers and municipal buildings.
• Get exposure to our marketing department and help generate content for our social media platforms.
• Create production documents in Revit to learn the craft of Architecture, from site plans to details.
• Participate in firm-wide learning activities to expand your knowledge of Architecture.
• Travel to and walk job sites under construction to learn relevant field experience that is so crucial to the design process after pencils are down.
• Log critical design experience hours toward your NCARB licensure requirements. We will help you get set up if this is your first year
• Be flexible – we’re a small firm, so it’s all hands on deck for any task.
• Be enrolled in and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited program.
• Have a working knowledge of the software required to create Architecture.
• A minimum 3.0 GPA and a portfolio of studio work completed.
• You must submit resumes and full portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any documents received to any other email address will not be reviewed.
• This is a paid temporary Summer position with a maximum of $20/hr based on previous work experience included in your resume.
Our leadership is committed to an inclusive workplace environment because our reputation and integrity depends on our work product and how we treat our People. Therefore, we invest in the People we hire. If you’re creative, hardworking, and willing to grow with us, we would love to discuss our internship.