SERVING EDWARDSVILLE, GLEN CARBON, MARYVILLE, COLLINSVILLE & WOOD RIVER
T H E
Main Street Beat EDITION #198
For Advertising Call 618-540-1798
MAR 1 - MAR 15, 2018
DINING, EVENTS, MUSIC, SPECIALS & SERVICES • WWW.THEMAINSTREETBEAT.COM
Its Our Favorite Time Of Year Again!
Patty s ay D March, 17
Live Music 10PM The Mellow D’s
Hot Irish Food Served All Day! 11AM-9PM | Get it while it Lasts.. Shepherds Pie, Irish Lamb Stew Corn Beef and Cabbage
THE STAGGER INN AGAIN 104 East Vandalia Street Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 656-4221 staggerinnagain.com
Buy, Sell, Trade, Repair & Recycle We Fix All Phones Illinois Official Cell Phone Recycling Center Mon - Fri 11am - 7pm Sat 10am – 4pm 6694 Center Grove Rd, Edwardsville, IL
1303 Vandalia St • Collinsville, IL
Main Street Beat 2500 618-540-1798
COPIES PER EDITION D E L I V E R E D E V E RY 2 W E E K S
Circulated to Local Businesses, Restaurants, Hotels, Gas Stations, Campuses & Dormitories
AD RATES PER SIZE
1/8 (3 1/8” x 1 7/8”): ………… $40 1/4 (3 1/8” x 3 15/16”): ……… $80 3/8 (3 1/8” x 5 15/16”): ……… $120 1/2(h) (6 7/16” x 3 15/16”):…… $160 1/2(v) (3 1/8” x 7 15/16”):…… $160 Full (6 7/16” x 7 15/16”): …… $320 Cover Page Ads Cover Ads Are Booked in Advance.
1/8 (3 1/8” x 1 7/8”): ………… $45 1/4 (3 1/8” x 3 15/16”): ……… $90 3/8 (3 1/8” x 5 15/16”): ……… $135 1/2(h) (6 7/16” x 3 15/16”):…… $180 Full (6 7/16” x 5 15/16”): …… $270
The Treasure Shack Always Something New & Unique
New Vendors Have Arrived! Check our new Location.. Now Open!!
Antiques, Collectibles, Furniture, New & Vintage Jewelry, Specialty Items Store Hours: Mon - Sat 12pm to 5pm Like Us on Facebook
618.650.9210 • 223 S. Main St. • Edwardsville
Advertising is paid in advance. Ad design included (restrictions apply).
(2 Editions Per Month)
Call or email for more information.
Ross at 618-540-1798
302 E. Main St. Collinsville, IL 62234
1. The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog, meaning “little clover”. 2. Four-leaf clovers were considered Celtic charms and were believed to offer magical protection and ward of bad luck. 3. For every “lucky” four-leaf clover there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers. 4. Four-leaf clovers are so rare because there are actually no clover plants that produce four leaves naturally. 5. It is believed that Ireland is home to more four-leaf clovers than any other place, hence the phrase “the luck of the Irish.” 6. If you give someone a four-leaf clover that you just found it is believed that your luck will double. 7. A four-leaf clover is often considered good luck, but it is also part of an Irish love ritual. In some parts of Ireland, if a woman eats a fourleaf clover while thinking about a man, supposedly he will fall in love with her. 8. One of the most popular facts about four leaf clovers is that Abraham Lincoln carried a four leaf clover at all times. According to the popular legend, President Lincoln forgot to bring his good luck charm with him to Ford’s Theatre on the night he was assassinated. He isn’t the only famous leader in history linked to the four leaf clover. It’s also believed that Napoleon luckily avoided an assassination attempt by bending down to pick one. 9. A four-leaf clover is often considered good luck, but it is also part of an Irish love ritual. In some parts of Ireland, if a woman eats a fourleaf clover while thinking about a man, supposedly he will fall in love with her. 10. Although, St. Patrick is known for introducing Ireland to Christianity in 432, he was actually British. Patrick was believed to have been born to Roman parents in Scotland or Wales in the late fourth century.
1. This science deals with the behavior of projectiles? 2. What flowers did van Gogh paint most regularly? 3. At the beginning of the Spanish-American War, what island did American soldiers invade? 4. What does a DNR order at a hospital stand for? 5. What inert gas gets trapped in the blood when a diver gets “the bends”? 6. Which is the largest Great Lake? 7. Who was “Time” magazine’s first “person of the year”? 8. What ice cream chain once sold a ketchup-flavored ice cream? 9. What is studied by nephrology? 10. What is the maximum possible break in snooker? 11. What newspaper was founded in 1889 by Charles H. Dow and Edward Jones? 12. What lies between Stockholm and Riga? 13. What military legend was nicknamed “Old Fuss and Feathers”? 14. What does FM stand for? 15. Which country were the 2010 Winter Olympic Games held in? 16. Which Hitchcock film starred Margaret Lockwood and Michael Redgrave? 17. Which artist did Matisse and Picasso call “the father of us all”? 18. Who was the only one of the six main characters on “Friends” to not get married at any time on the show? 19. What astrological chart takes its name from a Greek word meaning “circle of little animals”? 20. What drink is sometimes called “the green fairy”?
1. Ballistics 2. Sunflowers 3. Cuba 4. Do Not Resuscitate 5. Nitrogen 6. Lake Superior 7. Charles Lindburgh 8. Baskin-Robbins 9. Kidneys 10. 147 11. Wall Street Journal 12. The Baltic Sea 13. Winfield Scott 14. Frequency Modulation 15. Canada 16. The Lady Vanishes 17. Paul Cezanne 18. Joey 19. Zodiac 20. Absinthe
At LakeHouse Grill and Bar - We Have ALL the FUN!
Kids Eat FREE
Daily Specials Sunday
Fried Chicken Dinner $6.98 Live Music 4pm-7pm
1 Free Kids Meal
Meatloaf Dinner $6.98
Great Food at Great Prices Carryout Available
Now Hiring Look out for Live Music
Huge Dance Floor Pool Tables Large Banquet Room
with any drink purchase. 11:00am - 8:00pm
Friday Fish Fry
Fish Fry $8.98
Cod, Catfish, Jack Samon, Shrimp
with purchase of any regular priced entree. Dine in only. Not valid with any other discounts. Only one coupon per table. Must Present original coupon. No photocopies or reproductions offer expires 3/15/18. Lakehouse Grill and Bar
off any purchase of $25.00 or more
Dine in only Not valid with any other discount. Only one coupon per table. Must Present original coupon - no photocopies or reproductions Offer expires 3/15/18. Lakehouse Grill and Bar
Keep up to date with all the latest food and drink specials, karaoke, trivia and live music appearances!
Maryville, IL 62062
with any drink purchase. Dine in only.
2822 N Center St (Rt 159)
Monday - Friday
$5.98 for 1/2lb. Hamburger & Fries
706 LINCOLN HWY • FAIRVIEW HGTS, IL. 62208
Sports Gifts and Apparel
15% OFF Shirts and Select Accessories
Jerseys Shirts Hats Bags & Jewelry
(618) 345-7579 10 - 6 Mon - Fri 10 - 4 Sat
111 East Main St. Collinsville, IL 62234
Where Pets Beg To Stay
TUES - FRI 10PM-7PM; SAT 9PM-7PM 618-207-9040 SHOPJERSEY@YAHOO.COM
•24/7 Vet Assistance •Piece of Mind Protection •Local 5-Star Rated Sitters Use PROMO CODE K9JEWELS For 20% off www/Rover.com/Sit/Breathe
Available For Parties And Special Events
What Luck is in Store
PSYCHIC READINGS PALM READINGS CRYSTAL READINGS CHAKRA BALANCING AURA CLEANSING WALK INS WELCOME
Past • Present • Future
100 E. Park St Edwardsville, IL 62025
Robin Schaefer Independent Presenter
The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 boxes contains the digits from 1 to 9, only one time each
4 7 5 1 2 6 3 5 2 4 8 7 4 9 5 6 2 4 8 7 8 2 7 6 2 6 7 5 5 3 8 3 4 7 5
NAMI SWI provides free education and support programs for persons with mental illnesses and their families. We provide a voice for people affected by mental illnesses by advocating for them with public and private policy makers for better legislation and more effective mental health treatment options. We’re here to help. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Thai Food In Edwardsville
to: Lambert Airport
Bann Thai Great Deal!! Come In For Our
$8.25 w/ Soda lunch menu only
Unbeatable Lunch Special Monday - Friday 11am - 3:30pm OPEN Monday - Saturday 11am - 9:30pm
Work Home&Appointments Grocery Delivery
B-1 Pad Roumit B-2 Pad Broccoli B-3 Red Curry B-4 Green Curry B-5 Pad Thai B-6 Thai Fried Rice B-7 Pad See Eew B-8 Pad Cashew
Mon - Fri 6am - 6pm Sat - Sun 6am - 2pm
Open Everyday 11am-Close
ScottyDriver.Com Steak Special
Mon & Wed 11am-10pm
618.307.5894 4 Club Centre
Edwardsville, IL. 62025
Floral & Gifts Show your Love.
417 W. Main St. Collinsville, IL. 62234 • 618-855-8333 8814 Summer Rd. Columbia, IL. 62236 • 618-939-6100
2082 Vadalabene Dr. Maryville, Illinois, http://www.boogiesrestaurant.com/ 62062
618•307•9933 Visit Our New Showroom Lowest Prices Guaranteed!!
6698 Center Grove Road, Edwardsville We Price Match The Competition!
CustomConcepts-imp.microdinc.com Like Us On Facebook! Monday - Saturday 10am - 7pm • Sunday 12pm - 5pm
Local Events, Music & Specials • Mar, 1 - Mar, 15 Thursday, Mar 1
Sunday, Mar 11
1. Stagger Inn Again - $1.00 Stag Bottles • Live music • 10pm - 2am
1. Taqueria Z - Breakfast Burrito & Bloody Maria Brunch Day - 10am
2. Lyle’s Place - $1 Tacos after 3pm
2. Cahokia Mounds - Winter Lecture “Copper Working...”
Friday, Mar 2
3. Stagger Inn Again - $1 PBR Cans • Open Mic Night - 9pm
1. Stagger Inn Again - $2 Rail Burbon • Live Music •5-8pm 10pm-2am
Monday, Mar 12
Saturday, Mar 3
1. Milo’s Tobacco Road - Mondays at Milo’s! - Purchase the cigar of
1. Stagger Inn Again - $2 Rail Rum • Live Music • 5-8pm | 10pm-2am 2. Big Daddys - Live DJ - 10pm Sunday, Mar 4 1. Taqueria Z - Breakfast Burrito & Bloody Maria Brunch Day - 10am 2. Stagger Inn Again - $1 PBR Cans • Open Mic Night - 9pm 3. The LakeHouse at Buffalo Park - Chicken Dinner • Live Music Monday, Mar 5 1. Milo’s Tobacco Road - Mondays at Milo’s! - Purchase the cigar of the day and gain entry to our private club for the day!
the day and gain entry to our private club for the day! 2. Stagger Inn Again - Trivia Night! Prizes Awarded! - 7pm 3. Big Daddy’s - $3.50 Deep Eddy Vodka Drinks Tuesday, Mar 13 1. Big Daddy’s - $4.50 Crown Royal Drinks Wednesday, Mar 14 1. The LakeHouse at Buffalo Park - 50¢ Wings - 11am-8pm 2. Stagger Inn Again - $1 PBR Cans - Open Mic Night - 9pm Thursday, Mar 15 1. Stagger Inn Again - $1 Stag Bottles • Live Music 10pm-2am
2. Stagger Inn Again - Trivia Night! Prizes Awarded! - 7pm
2. The LakeHouse at Buffalo Park - - 1/2lb Burger & Fries - $5.98
Tuesday, Mar 6
3. Lyles Place - $1 Tacos after 3pm
1. Big Daddy’s - $4.50 Crown Royal Drinks Wednesday, Mar 7 1. The LakeHouse at Buffalo Park - 50¢ Wings - 11am-8pm 2. Stagger Inn Again - $1 PBR Cans • Open Mic Night - 9pm Thursday, Mar 8 1. Stagger Inn Again -$1 Stag Bottles • Live Music • 10pm - 2am 2. The LakeHouse at Buffalo Park - 1/2lb Hamburger & Fries - $5.98 3. Lyle’s Place - $1 Tacos Friday, Mar 9 1. Stagger Inn Again - $2 Rail Burbon • Live Music • 5-8pm | 10pm-2am 2. Big Daddy’s - Live DJ - 10pm
EVENT LISTINGS ARE FREE FOR ALL MSB CLIENTS!
Call to Sign Up! 618-540-1798 Help Wanted for Sales and Marketing
Saturday, Mar 10 1. Stagger Inn Again - $2 Rail Rum • Live Music • 5-8pm | 10pm- 2am 2. Big Daddy’s - Live DJ - 10pm
Visit us online at
Published on Mar 1, 2018
The Main Street Beat is published every other week and provides news, events, coupons & affordable advertising for Edwardsville, Glen Carbon...