First Officer Ready Flight Training Program
Altara and Ansett Aviation Training have come together to:
Provide a comprehensive and practical course that will take applicants from zero hours through to â€˜flight readyâ€™ First Officers on turbo prop or jet aircraft.
Altara and Ansett have a combined 25 years experience in flight training. We specialise in airline flight training, from pilot screening through to jet endorsement. Our facilities are conveniently located at Essendon Airport, and in nearby Garden Drive, Tullamarine in Melbourne, Australia. Our companies provide a unique training solution by delivering quality flight training, utilising highly experienced airline-qualified personnel.
About Ansett and Altara
• Pilot Screening • Aviation English training • Commercial Pilot License Training • Instrument Rating Training • Airline Transport Pilot License Theory • Multi Crew Familiarisation • Operations Management Training • Introduction to Training & Checking • Jet Endorsement • All mandatory pilot course requirements provided.
• Purpose-built for airline training • Long Term supplier to the aviation Industry • Utilises advanced technology and IT solutions to simulate an airline environment • No airport constraints • Efficient security management • Suburban location close to all amenities • Close to public transport • Close to accommodation.
The largest purpose built aviation flight training facility in the Southern Hemisphere, with 11 certified simulators and 14 simulator bays. The facility utilises advanced technology and IT solutions for accelerated learning. (CBT, and classroom). Extensive aviation and teaching experience with all Instructors Type-Rated and CASA certified. Extensive international student experience with qualified translators and student advisors available.
Facility Ground & Simulator Training
• Availability of training personnel – locality driven • Proven training location
• Temperate climate with excellent visibility • Voted most livable city in 2004 • Tolerant society with a multicultural population • Cost competitive
• Multiple accommodation options available • Provides a modern, multicultural city with diverse living experience • Served by over 20 international carriers with connections to most major cities throughout the globe.
• Excellent weather conditions with a temperate climate and clear visibility • Access to multiple navigation aids and regional airports
• Unlimited access to controlled and uncontrolled airspace including operations in a radar environment • Moderate traffic density • Immediate access to many ‘zero flight time’ Simulators.
Location Flight Training
We offer a variety of Student accommodation including:
• Home stay • Independent Living: - Fully furnished studio apartments - Shared fully furnished two bedroom apartments. • Relocation assistance in obtaining independent, unfurnished living.
We maintain end-to-end standards control through our standards and quality oversight program. We use the services of the previous Australian DGCA (Chairman & CEO of CASA) Mr Bruce Byron to monitor standards and quality control.
Mr Byron was head of CASA for over five years to Feb 2009. His industry experience includes: - Head of Airline Operations in an Australian airline - Head of Safety Management Systems in an Australian airline - over 30 years experience as instructor/check pilot/examiner
Standards & Quality Oversight
Our organisations are run by former executives of major airlines Instructors are managed and quality checked by airline pilots A Training & Standards Committee assures the quality of instruction, training and assessment We create flexible training solutions based on client needs Students experience an environment similar to an airline Currently providing training to over 120 airline clients
Training to specific airline SOP requirements.
Simulation is used to the maximum to ensure the highest levels of learning possible. The cadet is trained for the position they will ultimately hold. Provides seamless instruction with multi-crew operations being emphasized at an early stage. No other training provider in the region can provide a type-rated pilot on a heavy jet or turbo prop on graduation for the same price as our competitors. Standards and quality control oversight.
Our teamâ€™s vast aviation experience provides our business with an intimate knowledge of commercial, regulatory and safety factors impacting airlines today. We offer affordable, quality-controlled training solutions. Melbourne provides an ideal location for flight training.
Our unique difference lies in the experience of our people - Airline Training by airline people.
Published on Mar 10, 2010
Published on Mar 10, 2010
First Officer Ready Flight Training Program - Altara and Ansett Aviation Training have come together to provide a comprehensive and practica...